Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Popples said:

I hope so, too. It should be to Halloween what the Hershey Kiss Bells and Cadbury's Easter Bunny auditions commercials are for their holidays.

I was just saying this when I saw it last night.    You know its Halloween when the kids are hiding behind the chain saws.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Popples said:

It's officially autumn. I saw this for the first time this year today, I love it so much!

I was fastforwarding through commercials and had to stop and back up to watch it! Hilarious every time!

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Popples said:

I hope so, too. It should be to Halloween what the Hershey Kiss Bells and Cadbury's Easter Bunny auditions commercials are for their holidays.

And what Staples’(?)”It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year” ad was for back-to-school.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, smittykins said:

And what Staples’(?)”It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year” ad was for back-to-school.

I LOVE this commercial!  I don't see it anymore which is a shame.  I think it's just as relevant today as it was in 1996 (!!)  Sorry the video quality isn't that great.  The expression on their faces is part of the joke

• Love 14
17 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

D'aww, makes me miss the Norelco ad with Santa. That was always the harbinger of the season for me.

I'm more of a "Hardrock, Coco, and Joe" guy, but I did like the Norelco sleighride.

Also for announcing summer I associate the Hamm's bear beer ads.  "From the land of sky-blue waters, from the land of pines..."

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, smittykins said:

Yes, I wish that one and the Rubberband Man's back-to-school commercial would be brought back annually.  (They'd just have to change the chyron at the end, since Office Max is now Office Depot.)

• Love 15
On 10/24/2021 at 11:44 PM, InDueTime said:

Maybe it's just my TV, but I haven't seen a Party City ad for Halloween yet this year. 

I was just noticing that myself. They're still in business (I checked), but possibly their inventory is so low -because of the shipping crisis- that they aren't advertising much?

• Useful 2
19 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I have no words for this stupid a$$ commercial.  I hope I don't see it all season long 🤬

Wow, that's stupid.  By purchasing a luxury vehicle, he is transported to a land where traffic goes away and life solely exists on an open two-lane highway with windmills in the background?  Except, presumably, he can still do the day-to-day job that pays for said vehicle and its foray into wild open spaces?  But his car is only cool there, it has no practical benefit in most people's "real world", and what even is that world since it's erased?

Lordy.  That commercial is pretty much Exhibit A for those who make fun of electric vehicles and their drivers, because it does zip-point-shit to highlight its benefits, just acts like one person buying one transports them into some weird-ass utopia they don't actually want to live in and, I don't know, magic no one else even asked for happens?

• Love 7

Lordy.  That commercial is pretty much Exhibit A for those who make fun of electric vehicles and their drivers, because it does zip-point-shit to highlight its benefits, just acts like one person buying one transports them into some weird-ass utopia they don't actually want to live in and, I don't know, magic no one else even asked for happens?

Jeep commercials basically say the same thing. "The planet is your oyster. Go ahead and crash it through pristine forests and rivers full of fish. It's fine. Run over those bunnies and other wildlife. You're an American!"

The thing I dislike about the Benz ad is they dragged Charles Dickens' corpse around for "sentimentality".

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I like that commercial.  But then I tend not to overthink 99.9% of commercials anyway.  

If we didn't overthink commercials, this site wouldn't exist.  It's the whole raison d'être of this forum!

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

This is the second day I've seen the Chick-Fil-A ad for its peppermint milk shake.  The season should be named Minter, not winter.

Peppermint can get overdone but I do LOVE this milk shake.  It's a yummy treat AND you have fresh breath!   I'm glad it's back 

On 9/29/2021 at 2:05 AM, Trini said:

I was fastforwarding through commercials and had to stop and back up to watch it! Hilarious every time!

The serial killer spoof is funny, but I much prefer the newer Geico ad with the gecko and the new homeowner exploring the attic with the music box and creepy mannequin heads.

I always laugh when the gecko tells the guy, "Well, enjoy your house!" and he's all "Nope! No, thank you!"

On another commercial-related note, I have already seen the Santa ad with the red and yellow M&Ms (yay!)...but have yet to see the Hershey's Kisses bells ad. Makes me wonder if Hershey's is still reeling from last year's PR debacle...

• Love 6
On 11/2/2021 at 3:22 PM, Dirtybubble said:

I have no words for this stupid a$$ commercial.  I hope I don't see it all season long 🤬

Totally agree.   You still gotta drive in that horrendous commute, just in a nicer car.   BFD.

Waiting on the holiday Kisses ....

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Totally agree.   You still gotta drive in that horrendous commute, just in a nicer car.   BFD.

Waiting on the holiday Kisses ....

I saw it last night and yelled "You're still gonna be stuck in traffic!"  Ha!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

On another commercial-related note, I have already seen the Santa ad with the red and yellow M&Ms (yay!)...but have yet to see the Hershey's Kisses bells ad. Makes me wonder if Hershey's is still reeling from last year's PR debacle...

I saw the original version this morning. However, I would find it funny if they brought back the newer version as well, considering the hornet's nest it stirred up.

Personally, as long as the original Kisses ad stays, I don't mind the new one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, InDueTime said:

I saw the original version this morning. However, I would find it funny if they brought back the newer version as well, considering the hornet's nest it stirred up.

Personally, as long as the original Kisses ad stays, I don't mind the new one.

I saw both ads tonight, within a half-hour of each other. I personally am glad to see them both back because I know how much everyone loves the original even though I never cared much for it, and I do like the new ad because the little girl is adorable :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

I saw both ads tonight, within a half-hour of each other. I personally am glad to see them both back because I know how much everyone loves the original even though I never cared much for it, and I do like the new ad because the little girl is adorable :)

I haven't seen either yet. I liked the original and have to admit, I don't really remember the new one. I'm sure they will be on the channels I watch at some point...

• Love 1

My cat is relieved I haven't come across any Christmas commercials, because even the ones I like I don't want to see in November, so she has so far been spared the annual tradition of Mommy walking around the house muttering her It's not even Thanksgiving yet and War on Christmas, my ass rants.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I just saw the classic Hershey's Kisses bells commercial. The holidays are officially here. 😊 Although I held my breath when it began, wondering if the buzzkill hand would appear...

So now I have seen this and the classic M&Ms ad with Santa. All is good.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Maverick said:

Call Gerard Butler because November Has Fallen.   The only hope is to hold the line at Halloween.  

Too late.  I was seeing Christmas commercials before Halloween.

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, Maverick said:

Call Gerard Butler because November Has Fallen.   The only hope is to hold the line at Halloween.  

I will have to begin using this with any issue I have. I watch every one of these movies whenever they are on, so much so that Mr. Keps will now start saying the dialog along with the characters. 

• LOL 2

I love the Publix seasonal commercials. They have their "house brand" products placed so slyly... look behind the bowl the guy's mixing by hand - there's some Publix butter. There's stuff like that buried deep in the ad. They're such sweet ads without being "in your face" that it's Publix.

eet

• Love 3
16 hours ago, mojoween said:

Rakuten’s cha-ching ad needs to be fired directly into the sun.  I cannot hear that ad for six damn weeks!

Saw the original bells today, though, so otherwise all is well.  

I just saw it and I already hate with the white hot heat of a thousand suns. I'm so going to wear out my mute button by the end of the week.

I dislike Xmas ads (especially when they're on before Halloween). But I saw a cute ad featuring a beautiful dog (collie or Shetland??) racing through the house, supposedly excited about Xmas. If an ad can be heartwarming, that's what this ad is (it warmed this Xmas curmudgeon's heart 😁).

• Love 3