Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E07: Feeding the Frontlines

Bastet
  • Start Topic

The winner of the first part of Last Chance Kitchen rejoins the competition just in time for their “second chance” Quickfire Challenge where the Chefs are tasked with redoing a past failed dish for guest judge Melissa King. Then in an emotional Elimination Challenge Chef José Andrés calls in to recruit the chefs to join World Central Kitchen, his nonprofit organization that provides meals for victims of natural disasters, tasking the chefs with delivering over 500 meals to frontline workers at 3 local hospitals in Portland. Kwame Onwuachi will serve as the All-Star guest judge this week.

Aired: 05/13/2021

I loved everyone’s reaction to Jamie’s return, so it was nice to hear Padma say she’s never seen a group so happy to see a competitor.

I LOL at the story behind Avishar’s QF dish, so I was bummed for him this one didn’t work, either.  That was a cool challenge – except for the fact I gagged thinking about mutton tartare - and it was nice to hear about Dave’s Killer Bread, which reminds me of Homeboy Industries here in L.A., so I’m going to have to look up its story. 

As is common, Dawn had the dish I most wanted to eat, but good for Shota, because he needed that immunity – ugh, the look of his chicken in the EC!

Jose Andres is a treasure, and I loved the purpose and parameters of the EC.  Most of the dishes looked good as they were making them - with the notable exception of Avishar's - but I wasn’t sure about some of them as being well suited to the circumstances.  That turned out not to be the problem, but that some of them weren’t as good as they looked.

Yikes – rookie mistakes indeed, errors of seasoning and basic cooking techniques.  I knew before Padma said so at JT that Maria was safe and it was between Chris and Avishar, and was pretty sure it was going to be Avishar.  I've really enjoyed him, but I certainly can't argue with that elimination.  

• Love 16
(edited)

I don't like the added stress of not having enough cooking space for each competitor.... Maria wouldn't have struggle with her tortillas if she'd been able to cook them on a regular cook top... or even with regular oven space. Jamie also had to come up with another option for her dish when there wasn't any oven space. I think it worked in her favor, but still... why can't they each have their own section of oven/grill/cooktop whatever?   I just hate those extra challenges, like when chopped only has one ice cream machine etc. 

Otherwise it was an interesting challenge, though I'm surprised there were so many similar dishes... a lot of chicken... I'm surprised nobody did a pasta.. I mean, I know not all pastas reheat well, but it's a comforting dish... even like a spaghetti and meatballs or something... or lasagna... though I can see time constraints there....  

Not surprised on Avishar going home, his dish sounded really bland and there were a lot of questions about the texture that made me suspicious the meat was tough.

Edited by roctavia
  • Love 11

I agree about the lack of cooking space. Shota had this problem with his chicken when he tried to stuff that massive pot into the oven. I don’t know why he thought he could cook the chicken that way. It looked so nasty on the plate. You can’t crowd chicken pieces together like that and have any hope of browning the skin.

I was kind of surprised that Dawn was in the top three. I thought her meal looked delicious, but who wants to eat a big hunk of red meat at lunch? I would need a nap after eating that. 

Jose Andres is a saint. I choked up when they played the clips of the hospital workers. I love challenges that allow the contestants to help out in the community.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, llongori said:

Does anyone else think Byron looks a bit like Jim Carrey?

I think he looks like Clark Kent.

16 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Chris has to be the next chef sent packing, right? It feels as if he's been circling the drain for quite some time now. 

Sadly, I think so too.  I like him but he hasn't been wowing the judges.  This is the first season where I've liked almost every contestant.  The only one I don't like is Maria.  I hope to see Shota, Sara, Gabe and Byron last until the finals.

• Love 6

My friend's a doctor in Portland. I wonder if she got any of the Top Chef meals. Lost track of which hospital she works for.

The fact that immunity was back for this episode really puts the spotlight on how many bad breaks Gabriel got last episode to get eliminated.  It's really kind of amazing. 

I loved Dale and Carrie in the delivery car. "Back in my day, we had to feed 300 people!" "Darn kids!"

I wonder what Shota would have done if he had to do this challenge again. Even if it's chicken drumsticks there's got to be something more interesting to do. I might have done a tandoori chicken, basmati rice, and turmeric cauliflower. That would be doable.

Gabe's ever growing arsenal of moles continues to grow, as does Sara's yogurt collection.

• Love 23
7 hours ago, roctavia said:

Otherwise it was an interesting challenge, though I'm surprised there were so many similar dishes... a lot of chicken... I'm surprised nobody did a pasta.. I mean, I know not all pastas reheat well, but it's a comforting dish... even like a spaghetti and meatballs or something... or lasagna... though I can see time constraints there....  

Not surprised on Avishar going home, his dish sounded really bland and there were a lot of questions about the texture that made me suspicious the meat was tough.

I find pasta quite filling. I’m often sleepy after a pasta meal. Having said that, I wish there was less chicken served. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Fukui San said:

My friend's a doctor in Portland. I wonder if she got any of the Top Chef meals. Lost track of which hospital she works for.

The fact that immunity was back for this episode really puts the spotlight on how many bad breaks Gabriel got last episode to get eliminated.  It's really kind of amazing. 

I loved Dale and Carrie in the delivery car. "Back in my day, we had to feed 300 people!" "Darn kids!"

I wonder what Shota would have done if he had to do this challenge again. Even if it's chicken drumsticks there's got to be something more interesting to do. I might have done a tandoori chicken, basmati rice, and turmeric cauliflower. That would be doable.

Gabe's ever growing arsenal of moles continues to grow, as does Sara's yogurt collection.

I wondered that about Gabriel also.  Seems to me like it was predetermined that he be eliminated.  Won the challenge but no immunity given???I

Edited by cameron
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, llongori said:

Does anyone else think Byron looks a bit like Jim Carrey?  

My mother said that very thing last week and now I see it!

So we'll see if the mostly good will last with Restaurant Wars.  That one usually brings out the sniping.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, cameron said:

I wondered that about Gabriel also.  Seems to me like it was predetermined that he be eliminated.  Wonder the challenge but no immunity given???I

Of course it wasn't predetermined.  Bravo would have nothing to gain and everything to lose by rigging competitions.  All the chefs played with the same rules.  The winner of the quickfire won $10K.  There was no immunity because there was a double eviction.  Sucks for Gabriel, but it was perfectly legit.

• Love 18

I was teary-eyed throughout this entire show. Whew, what a year it has been. 

I'm sad to see Avishar PYKAG-ed. Frankly, I'll be sad to see any of the remaining chefs go. I really like this group. 

• Love 18

Yeah I was pretty emotional as well.  Especially with Dawn calling her mom who was in the hospital (a lot of similar experiences).  I was kind of shocked Jamie won, because I totally thought they were setting up Dawn as the winner for that episode.

I'm sad that Avishar was eliminated.  I'm surprised judges critique of how you must sear the beef, in order to have flavorful curry.  Just because I've seen a lot of other curries that you don't need to do that.  Maybe because he's doing such a large quantity, it got watered down?  I am curious what exactly happen where the beef got mealy.  Did he not braised it long enough?

It seems like the lack of kitchen equipment struck again.  They really need to give more kitchen space and equipment.  It was kind of absurd with everyone fighting over the ovens and grill.  I wonder if Maria could have saved herself if she used the deep fryer. 

I'm also surprised at how some of the chefs kind of struggled with cooking for a large group of people.  Shota and Jamie trying to but those giant pots into the oven was really concerning.

• Love 6

Both Avishar and Chris have been struggling to give the judges what they want so I imagine Chris will go soon. As a lifelong vegetarian, I was happy to see at least one vegetarian dish and I imagine there are vegetarian people working at these hospitals. I know Gail is a big favorite on these boards but she seems so robotic to me, lacking humor and the ability to enjoy the experience.

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

And, can people here stop defending her calling Gabriel an asshole last week as affectionate or whatever other baloney, contrived excuse for her blatant dislike of him?  She made it clear, today, that she didn't want him walking back in from LCK.  She does not like him and there's no sugarcoating or excusing it.

Allow me to grate your nerve some more.  If you rewatch the series, Maria happened to bump into Gabriel quite often.  Team up with him in the very first challenge and had cook directly against him couple of times.  Gabriel grates on her nerve just as much as she grates on your nerve.  And I like Gabriel, I do buy that his asshole-ness is just him being assertive after years of not feeling self confident due to being overweight (at least that is the explanation that he gave).  That also explain the many many non meat dishes that he cook too (also his salad in last chance kitchen).  Many chefs did show one way or another, verbally and physically, over the many episodes that they are hesitated to work with Gabriel.  Last episode, Gabriel tried to pair up with Shota, and Shota rejected him to go for Sara.  Either way, Maria's problem is that she is too honest, just like Gabriel.  That is why some don't like Gabriel, and other don't like Maria.  Thinking of someone of an asshole, doesn't meant she hate them.  At least no where NEAR the level that you hate her.  Also don't know what television you are watching, what is this new conservative identity politics I am seeing here.  BECAUSE plenty of guys call women bitch and asshole.  COME ON, especially this show.  Are you calling yourself a fan?  When the famous quote, "I am not your bitch, bitch."  Where do you think that from?  And who saying to who.  Tiffani Faison was called a bitch by all the fans, and people only change their opinion of her after her second appearance.  I also like Tiffani Faison the first time around and I also can explain her behaviors in that season away too.  If you look up at the comments from the recent Tournament of Champion,, many Top Chef season 1 watchers still dislike Tiffani Faison and routinely brought that up in their heavy dislike of her.  I think Tiffani Faison's assholeness is also her being assertiveness in a man dominated profession, pre me too movement that taking down many chefs including many Top Chef associates.  She was okay as a team player.  People openly called her an asshole.  None ALSO WANT TO WORK with her.  To the point, people thought that her partners may have sabotage her in the final.  She reaps what she sows.  But but but like Maria, Gabriel, I also think Tiffani Faison is a complex person.  They all has things I like.  They owned themselves (Maria didn't make an excuse for her failure this episode, she didn't mentioned the lack of equipment or spaces to the judges.  She was just completely down for what she thought failing the people she feeding).  

I guess I am more tolerate of people in general.  I tolerate Jamie's quirk.  I don't think Sara as being fake like Uproxxx.  So on and so forth.  The only thing this tell me is nothing about Maria to Gabriel.  Beside whatever feelings Maria has to Gabriel, it should be more valid than whatever you have since they at least interact multiple times in real life.  All this tell me is your bias against Maria, because from that same episode.  The people who already bias against Gabriel (the podcast people) didn't really like the fact that Gabriel throw his food into Sara's fryers after she refused him the first time (and that they think it could contaminating Sara's food).  That is more noticeable to them because they dislike Gabriel just like Maria's comment is noticeable to you because you dislike her, hence Gabriel's action completely flew under your radar.  While for me, who is okay with him can be totally charitable to Gabriel.  Because he said he just want to share the fryer and it may have seem Sara is okay with it. 

Secondly, Why would she wants Gabriel back as opposed to Nelson who she like (and Gabriel called him the perfect gentleman).  Or Jamie, who is universally like by the cast (not on here).  Gabriel in specific is quite a threat.  His cooking of the tatertot was probably one of his rare downfall.  Gabriel consistently do very very well, even when he eliminated, he cooked his part of the dish extremely well.  That meant anyone but Gabriel would give Maria and everyone else left on the show a better chance of winning (Hence none of the 3 talking head said they want Gabriel to come back in one way or another). 

Man, love this cast.  I was somewhat ding Dawn on her reaction to Jamie on the first episode (even if it was Jamie's fault).  But every single episode including the first one, there is something about her to love.  And I think she maybe my favorite contestant this season by this episode.  There are plenty more entertaining and stronger personalities.  But Dawn gave me plenty to root for. 

Edited by weixiaobao
  • Love 23
24 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Both Avishar and Chris have been struggling to give the judges what they want so I imagine Chris will go soon. As a lifelong vegetarian, I was happy to see at least one vegetarian dish and I imagine there are vegetarian people working at these hospitals. I know Gail is a big favorite on these boards but she seems so robotic to me, lacking humor and the ability to enjoy the experience.

I'm surprised Chris didn't get axed tonight.  Obviously we can't taste the food, but when I was looking at the plates Chris' looked so boring (Shota's looked bad too, curious if he would have been eliminated if he didn't have immunity).  Like it just looked like what people at the hospital would normally have.  Also of all the proteins to cook with, you choose a grilled chicken breast?  Like the judges had always nailed past contestants for making chicken breast because they felt its the most boring protien.

• Love 4

I would have much preferred the QF if they hadn't added in the totally unnecessary "remake a big mistake you once made." The basic premise of using "sad" ingredients is a great one on its own, and something most of us could use some pointers on. Why dilute it with the damn "story" they seem to want to extract from the chefs?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Bastet said:

ugh, the look of his chicken in the EC!

I legit wouldn't eat it if it were served to me. All gray and soggy-looking ... ugh is right.

12 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Dawn is my favorite this season so I wish she would have won but it turned out that Shota really needed that immunity, 

She's my favorite too although I can't fuck with her peanut sauce because of my allergy, but I really like her. I like Shota too (when he deadpanned "I have zero hope of winning this round" for the drive-in challenge, I fell out) and was glad he had immunity because he might have gone home without it.

I like Avishar but I get it. Chris is really hit or miss, huh? No seasoning? But then he's won other times (and been in the bottom other times). I like him and I think he's got it in him, but he needs to get it together.

Loved Padma's green eye shadow at the meal.

• Love 7

I wailed at Avishar's elimination, but he's been circling the drain this whole time. His occasional trips to the top didn't shake the judges' perception of his overall performance, I'm guessing, and mealy meat doesn't sound great. But he was far and away the best interviewee, and I will miss him from a character standpoint. I admit, I don't expect him to come back from LCK.

At the very beginning of the season, I think I heard it noted from a couple folks that Shota has been on some Food Network things and can definitely underperform if he gets rattled. So I've been keeping an eye out for that, and it seems to be holding true here. Settle down, Shota! You're one of the stronger chefs here when you do!

I was deeply amused that Gabe asked Sara for yogurt permission. The judges noted her love for yogurt, we've noted it, but it's really funny when the cheftestants also note it like that.

Lastly, I don't want to wade deeply into this, so I'm just going to say that I do not care Maria called Gabriel an asshole. Again, power dynamics do make a difference, and also, legit do not care. If this in any way makes me a hypocrite, cool, I'll live with it. I just hope Maria can get out of her own head because that's what's doing her in right now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I was worried for Dawn because of the extended sequence of her calling home.  That's never a good sign....  I was also worried for Sara because of all the footage of her little under-the-breath pep talks "It'll be fine...everything is great..." had me concerned this was foreshadowing.  Shota was very fortunate to have had the last immunity, because his grey flabby chicken legs were awful looking, and apparently not very good either.  I cracked up when Gail was trying to defend him by saying that his dish of flaccid braised chicken was Japanese comfort food at its finest.  I decided right then and there to limit myself to "uncomfortable" Japanese food, because in my experience sushi, takoyaki, tempura, soba, ramen, yakitori, and hot pot etc. are delicious and I've never seen droopy chicken.

Sadly, it was Avishar's time to go.  I am sad about that, because he had such a nice face, but I don't think he's quite cut out for this competition.

Restaurant Wars next week?

• Love 4

Aw Avishar. I'll miss him. I loved his little cartwheel out the door. There was also a moment during the Quickfire when he asked Shota to open a jar and he said "I love you". It was sweet. 

Shota's chicken looked awful. I was surprised for a second that he wasn't in the bottom, then I remembered he had immunity. He got lucky.

I teared up when Jose Andres showed up. He's a true gem. 

• Love 17

I am not a fan of insufficient cooking equipment.  I also thought it was crummy that they couldn't order their own food but had to deal with what was brought in.  That's what rattled Shota initially.  It probably led to Chris using chicken breast just because it was there.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

I was worried for Dawn because of the extended sequence of her calling home.  That's never a good sign

Typically when a reality show contestant gets a lot of air time and back story, they're either in the top or bottom. I was glad it was the former for Dawn!

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I know Gail is a big favorite on these boards but she seems so robotic to me, lacking humor and the ability to enjoy the experience.

I like Gail and yet I agree with your assessment of her. I would also add in that she is a bit of a snob. I guess I have a taste for that. 

Jamie and Dawn have become my favorites. Then Bryon rounds it out. For Dawn to have that kind of support from her mother (her mother encouraging her to go forward with TC even after having a stroke) is great and is probably a reason that Dawn is such a strong competitor. I was iffy on her when she got her bloomers twisted with peppergate but I noted then that she quickly resolved the issue (to her liking and acknowledged Gabriel's concerns. No she didn't have to do the second part, but she did and that is good teamwork) and she has just been quietly yet forcefully banging out great food. 

I don't know if Shota and Sara knew each other before the show but I hated when Hosea and Leah were hooking up on the show and I hate it that Shota and Sara seem to be having feels for each other on the show. I do not like office romances, it changes the dynamics of the setting. I think the producers are/have noticing/noticed it also because they are panning to Sara and Shota for reaction shots. It was done at judging when they gave Shota the immunity comment. Then they panned to Sara for her reaction. There have been a couple more instances that I noticed. Yes, they always give reaction shots but a lot of the times there is a specific reason. 

I wish they would pair up Fancy Toast and Blaise. I think they are my favorite guest judges. 

Sara and Maria, then Gabe can go next. Sara is just super creepy to me. Now I am off to read some Uproxx snark about her. Blech.

Oh, I forgot! Jamie and Dawn were perfect in the top three, Sara's looked like barf on a plate, and I love a vegetarian meal! Jamie is another one who surprised me, that I really like her. I thought the noises would be too precious but they are truly, to me, just a fun quirk that I find endearing. Plus, she can cook and I would have probably even eaten her floppy chicken wings. I wanted her meal and Dawn's meal this EC and if I worked there, I would have gone around looking for extra plates to take home.

Edited by stewedsquash
Dawn and Jamie gushing
  • Love 4

At first I was thinking Dawn's mom didn't sound that enthusiastic to hear from her. Then, she said her mom had had a stroke, and I was "Oh." Glad her mom's recovering.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, carrps said:

At first I was thinking Dawn's mom didn't sound that enthusiastic to hear from her. Then, she said her mom had had a stroke, and I was "Oh." Glad her mom's recovering

I half thought she was either just woken up from sleep or was rather tipsy. Then I felt bad knowing what it really was.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

I would have much preferred the QF if they hadn't added in the totally unnecessary "remake a big mistake you once made." The basic premise of using "sad" ingredients is a great one on its own, and something most of us could use some pointers on. Why dilute it with the damn "story" they seem to want to extract from the chefs?

It was worth it to get Avishar's story about making the neighbors think they were being tear gassed.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Rai said:

I was deeply amused that Gabe asked Sara for yogurt permission. The judges noted her love for yogurt, we've noted it, but it's really funny when the cheftestants also note it like that.

Lastly, I don't want to wade deeply into this, so I'm just going to say that I do not care Maria called Gabriel an asshole. Again, power dynamics do make a difference, and also, legit do not care. If this in any way makes me a hypocrite, cool, I'll live with it. I just hope Maria can get out of her own head because that's what's doing her in right now.

I want Sara to make mole' in a future episode and ask Gabe for permission!

As for Maria/Gabriel, I don't have an issue with her calling him an asshole (albeit a lovable one) for one reason: She did it to his face. 

• Love 14

As a vegetarian I did not find the look of Sarah's food appealing.  Obviously it tasted better than it looked.  I really like Jaimie and I am glad she is back.  I am surprised that Chris is still in the competition.    I just think he really doesn't have a point of view that stands out from the people who are left. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

As a vegetarian I did not find the look of Sarah's food appealing.  Obviously it tasted better than it looked.  I really like Jaimie and I am glad she is back.  I am surprised that Chris is still in the competition.    I just think he really doesn't have a point of view that stands out from the people who are left. 

Hmm, this is a crackpot theory because I haven't go over the data and especially we have a few contestant that trained in classical French and do pretty well (and win).  But Chris, like Nicholas Elmi had always been criticized for under salt.  Likewise, Hung, back in the day, had food that was (at time unfairly) consider as soulless.  And in either this or the last episode, it seemed like they meant salt when they say soul XD.  But yah, Chris is a very technically sound chef.  His protein was cook masterfully while completely bland.  As far as my very limited exp with French cuisine (and by that I meant I only eat at a famous French restaurant once), the food is severely lacking seasoning (outside of their probably the best dessert I ever had in my life). 

Also, some of these chefs seemed to mess up their homey background food.  A running theme of Avishar and South Asian cuisine.  Of course we have Kiki.  And then there is Chris when he tried to cook Haitian food from time to time.  Avishar tends to do well every time he breaks out that molecular gastronomy.  I feel for Shota this episode in regard to want to but fail at cooking good food for the front line workers.  However, reading between the lines (and I hope I am wrong), he said the ingredients are lacking for his 6 to 8 dishes that he want to cook this episode.  I wonder if this is the range problem that Brian Malarkey was talking about.  But then again, Shota was pretty adaptive in episodes prior. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Aw Avishar. I'll miss him. I loved his little cartwheel out the door. There was also a moment during the Quickfire when he asked Shota to open a jar and he said "I love you". It was sweet. 

Shota's chicken looked awful. I was surprised for a second that he wasn't in the bottom, then I remembered he had immunity. He got lucky.

I teared up when Jose Andres showed up. He's a true gem. 

OMG, I didn't catch him doing that cartwheel.🤣.  He's such a hilarious strange dude.  I remember a couple episodes ago, they were walking to the stew room, and he just randomly decides to jump over the firepit.

Edited by seltzer3
  • Love 3

It’s amazing that after all these seasons chefs still under season their food. For the few that have been called out for too much salt, there seem to be 20 more over the years who don’t use enough. 

• Love 1

Chris is a very technically sound chef.  His protein was cook masterfully while completely bland

Chris is on a roller coaster this season. He's been on top and bottom. He seemed to have ye olde epiphany of cooking his own food, but then? Maybe it's the stress of the competition. 

• Love 7

😭😭😭 Avishar!!!

He wasn't the best chef but he was such a sweetheart!!! I just liked watching him because he was adorable and goofy. Could have happily watched him all season.

What was Shota thinking with those drumsticks??? I actually wondered if my TV had a problem because they were so grey!

• Love 8
(edited)

I kinda feel bad for Gabriel now, he's a clueless pompous guy but compared to some of the "villains" on this show he's basically a saint. IDK if it's the editing but everyone in this season just seems nice.

I mean I wouldn't want to work with him ever though

Edited by RockShrimp
  • Love 9
On 5/13/2021 at 7:33 PM, Bastet said:

As is common, Dawn had the dish I most wanted to eat, but good for Shota, because he needed that immunity – ugh, the look of his chicken in the EC!

I wonder if Shota goes a different way if he did not have immunity.  He knew he could mail one in and he did

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, weixiaobao said:

As far as my very limited exp with French cuisine (and by that I meant I only eat at a famous French restaurant once), the food is severely lacking seasoning (outside of their probably the best dessert I ever had in my life).

I disagree.  I think French food, prepared well, is delicious.  Italian food, other the other hand, is boring.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 11:38 PM, avecsans said:

Jose Andres is a saint. I choked up when they played the clips of the hospital workers. I love challenges that allow the contestants to help out in the community.

Here in DC we have already canonized our Home Boy while he's still alive! He's amazing. During the worst months of the lockdown, Chef Andres and WCK were also feeding our local homebound seniors on a daily basis. My favorite charity.

On 5/14/2021 at 1:52 AM, Fukui San said:

The fact that immunity was back for this episode really puts the spotlight on how many bad breaks Gabriel got last episode to get eliminated.

I was really surprised and annoyed. I thought immunity was over for good. Seriously unfair Gabriel didn't get immunity for winning last week's QuickFire. Sucks, especially since he got kicked off for Nelson's mistake.

I do like Shota, but he needs to step up the game or he'll be gone soon, too. Dawn is my underdog favorite.

17 hours ago, catrice2 said:

I am surprised that Chris is still in the competition. I just think he really doesn't have a point of view that stands out from the people who are left. 

I was surprised they kept him. Bland, tasteless food shouldn't beat much of anything.

Edited by Ms Lark
  • Love 2

Being born and raised in Portland, I have such a special place in my heart for these hospitals and their workers. I was born at one of the hospitals featured, and I work at another one. Really emotional episode. Thanks to Top Chef and WCK for highlighting and caring for these amazing people during such a hard time.

Sad to see Avishar go, but this is a really great group so it will be hard to lose any of them from this point on. I hope Chris has learned his lesson about seasoning and improves next week. Padma and Tom were PISSED about the lack of salt!

• Love 8