Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E07: Feeding the Frontlines

Bastet
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, jpgr said:

I think it may partially be related to her being bilingual. I realize not all bi- (or multi-) lingual people do anything like this. I can imagine if you are trying to convey something and your brain is trying to sort through words in multiple languages but you want to get your point across, you may resort to sound effects. She's a fast talker, too, so she's not giving herself time to come up with the right words.

This was kinda my thinking, too.

• Love 5

I saw Jamie's episode on Secrets of a Chef last weekend. She was professional, calm,  succinct, and there were no sound effects. Not to mention, her food looked yummy! 

I don't know where this Jamie came from. 

(edited)
22 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I saw Jamie's episode on Secrets of a Chef last weekend. She was professional, calm,  succinct, and there were no sound effects. Not to mention, her food looked yummy! 

I don't know where this Jamie came from. 

I’m guessing the producers are encouraging her to play up  the sound effects more than she normally would. 

Edited by VintageJ
On 5/14/2021 at 7:52 PM, weixiaobao said:

As far as my very limited exp with French cuisine (and by that I meant I only eat at a famous French restaurant once), the food is severely lacking seasoning (outside of their probably the best dessert I ever had in my life). 

That's very surprising to me.  The French are almost maniacal about finding that perfect balance in all things- portion, taste, preparation.  Even something as simple as an omelette is always cooked perfectly, unlike in the US where it's near impossible to get a good omelette.

As for Gabriel, I would not be surprised if production went out of their way to give him a slanted edit to avoid any claims of favoritism given he used to work for colicchio.   He seems a little fussy, which can take some adjustment, but does not appear to be an asshole.  Just as Maria appears to be an attention craving drama queen, but also an okay person.  Dawn is the one who gives off bad vibes in this cast.  

• Love 3
On 5/19/2021 at 6:56 PM, BarneySays said:

That's very surprising to me.  The French are almost maniacal about finding that perfect balance in all things- portion, taste, preparation.  Even something as simple as an omelette is always cooked perfectly, unlike in the US where it's near impossible to get a good omelette.

Many years ago I lived in France for nearly two years and was fed a lot of bad food, including omelettes.

• LOL 1