Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

But seriously, it would be nice to see a professional tone him down and humble him about what a crap dancer he really is.

The problem with that is that the professional would be a woman and he never listens to any of them except Robyn.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 10/22/2022 at 12:25 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Chicken having a seizure?  That's what someone on another forum calls it.

He's such a conceited show-off.  🤮

Here's a thought. Kody's so retro, a throwback to the 80s, tryna moonwalk/disco spun. I wonder if he and Breakdance Robyn googled country dancing. It's not cotton eyed joe, but hilariously, this Redneck Woman video reminds me of The Prancing Patriarch. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I've had a totally random thought:

Since we know that Kody is obsessed with himself and loves being the center of attention, do you all think that he ever checks out these forums? I can't imagine he doesn't know about them. I can just picture him seething as we talk about what a shithead he is. 

• Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I'm not sure he checks out these forums. He doesn't even seem to check his instagram. If he did, he'd delete all those (to me) great comments. We know he isn't one to take criticism zu heart, so he just ignores it. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Elodia said:

I'm not sure he checks out these forums. He doesn't even seem to check his instagram. If he did, he'd delete all those (to me) great comments. We know he isn't one to take criticism zu heart, so he just ignores it. 

Very possible. I just can't imagine him knowing that people are talking about him and not checking it out. You're probably right.

• Love 3

He probably did the first few years of the show, but then maybe he got tired of it, found he didn't need the negative opinions in his life, told himself he was rising above it by not reading, etc.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

All of them used to live tweet during the show. They saw those comments.  That dwindled over time, and now none of them do it. Robyn was the first to drop out of that, followed by Christine.  They all used to post about upcoming episodes, as an advertisement. That ended up being only Janelle doing it. None of them do that now.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Kody can’t be away from his family that long!    

Oh I bet he’d find some excuse as to why he could do it. He’s not turning down the spotlight. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Unfortunately, we’ll probably never see Kody on DWTS, Robyn wouldn’t want Kody getting anybody’s scent on him or his stink on them…before you know it the whole dance floor would be filled with harrrr-moans.  Plus, if it went on for weeks Kody might get driven mad with sexuality!

• Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Any one else ever watch Seeking Sister Wives? Kody is about 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon separation of giving off Dimitri vibes.

I watched it.  Yep, I think Kootie is as much of a control freak as Dimitri (except of course it's Sobyn he listens to, and obeys her.)

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Quoting @SunnyBeBe from the episode thread.

I wonder how much of the end with Christine came when she put her foot down on the big house.  Kody really seemed to want that and once it was squashed, he seemed to never recover.  Not that it’s an excuse, but that’s when the dream seemed to die.  

The big house made not a lick of sense this point of their lives. When Logan was 13-14 maybe, but why get one big house with 4/5 of the kids are out of the house! It would've made more sense for them to build an apartment building (four units) or town homes, with extra space if kids wanted to visit/to host holiday meals.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

The big house made not a lick of sense this point of their lives. When Logan was 13-14 maybe, but why get one big house with 4/5 of the kids are out of the house! It would've made more sense for them to build an apartment building (four units) or town homes, with extra space if kids wanted to visit/to host holiday meals.

As they got older, they could have converted it to a retirement home for seniors. Lol.  There’s a big shortage in my state.  Of course, you need staff to run it.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don’t call my daughters.  I don’t know what they like.  I don’t know their ages…. They must not like me because of something their moms have said.     Pardon me while i barf.    And he gave up a reason to see Caleb ???

• Like 3
  • Love 7

My DD loves me and I love her to the earth and beyond. She was just promoted to Chief of Police in a major CA  city. She has been acting Police Chief for a couple of years but now the promotion is finalized. Mama is so proud of her baby!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

The big house on CP was a plot thread for whatever season they moved to Flag. Matt Sharp and his team made it up. Pure fiction. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

My DD loves me and I love her to the earth and beyond. She was just promoted to Chief of Police in a major CA  city. She has been acting Police Chief for a couple of years but now the promotion is finalized. Mama is so proud of her baby!!

That's wonderful! Congratulations to you and your daughter. That's a real accomplishment.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

That's wonderful! Congratulations to you and your daughter. That's a real accomplishment.

Thanks! She is also a full functioning lawyer, member of the CA Bar for years. The city she is Chief of Police chooses only the best of the best for their officers. I won't tell anything that might endanger her but OMG I am so proud of her!!

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

Kodys bs about being cool with being a bro husband.   Yeah right.  Plus husbands don’t have the babies.  Him saying they would be playing video games and high fiving.   Puh lease.  Just shows he thinks children come out fully formed 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I think Kody pretending to be upset about losing wives/relationships with them is just lip service. He only cares about losing the show/ money.

He is a monogamist in wolfs clothing. We all know he is only a husband really to eyebrows gone wild - Sobbin.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I think Kody pretending to be upset about losing wives/relationships with them

I'm beginning to think that TLC told them we need something for the people to really talk about.  You are going to have to make it really interesting this season or we will drop your show.  Why would you allow yourself and your wife to look so bad to the viewing public.  Then again I believe that this family only gets together for filming, with the exception of Janelle and Christine.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 10/26/2022 at 11:20 AM, altopower said:

The problem with that is that the professional would be a woman and he never listens to any of them except Robyn.

Dancing partner might've ended up the 5th wife.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 7
On 11/5/2022 at 12:05 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I'm beginning to think that TLC told them we need something for the people to really talk about.  You are going to have to make it really interesting this season or we will drop your show.  Why would you allow yourself and your wife to look so bad to the viewing public.  Then again I believe that this family only gets together for filming, with the exception of Janelle and Christine.

Completely agree but I just can't figure out ... How big is this TLC paycheck? Is it really worth it?

Every season it seems Kody and Robyn are trying to "explain." And every season their public image goes down. They know the edit is always going to highlight division and drama so they can't possibly believe that whatever they think "the truth" is - would ever actually be revealed in their favor. So why keep doing it? 

Why subject your family to this disaster? I blame all the adults for that. Between the MLMs and the constant public display of family disdain and strife - ugh.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

@Tuxcat I’d like to expand your final paragraph a little with saying: Why subject your family to this disaster and publicly hurt and humiliate them?  Either they receive an impossibly huge pay check to do this, or some have completely lost their minds.

Apparently, there are huge differences in pay checks in reality tv-land, but even a huge check is significantly less when shared with 5 people. And frankly, not even a Tom Cruise-like pay check can justify the hurtful content that Kody is now producing at the costs of his wives and thus by extension his kids. 

I’ve come to believe that it’s probably not the money, but rather an addiction to fame or a case of totally losing their minds.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I’ve come to believe that it’s probably not the money, but rather an addiction to fame or a case of totally losing their minds.

I think it's both. Even a little bit of money is a lot of money when you have no other income stream. I just don't think that Kody's gun "sells" and the MLM stuff brings in enough money to even come close to supporting their current expenses without the show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

What scares me more is the "gun sales'' I so hope this family is not living off gun sales! If so  will never trust any one of them  says about income revenue!

I'm pretty sure that's what Kody does for a living - sells firearms at gun shows. I am guessing (though I really have no idea how much one might earn selling at gun shows) that the family mostly lives on the money from the show, but honestly, their finances don't make the slightest bit of sense to me. I can't see how they cover their expenses, even with the various revenue streams they acknowledge.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I think bankruptcy is a financial stream for them too.  They probably pile expenses on one wife's credit card/cards and when it gets too high she declares bankruptcy then it goes on another wife's cards until she can do the bankruptcy dance. I kind of doubt Sobyn would go along, but with 3 other "wives" (now only 2) he gets by a lot of years basically debt free.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Family is not the most important thing to Kody.  KODY is  the most important thing to Kody. And that rock structure was not a representation of his family, it was a monument to himself.  His whole family is a monument to himself. By leaving, you are yanking out the biggest, most solid piece of the foundation and as things fragment, Kody has to deal with the fact that he is not (and really never was) the center of the Brown family universe.  You were.  And he hates you for that

So well said!

👏👏👏

• Like 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Tuxcat posted this in the show thread:

Polygamy failed. He failed. She left because of him. She left with all those relationships. She left with twelve children on her side. His entire family rock structure comes crashing down. And that is killing him.  .....

... He doesn't care about Christine. He cares about his ego.

Tuxcat, you nailed it.  

I just made myself sit through that rock tower building scene (season 9 episode 4).  Kody  refusing to build the tower as he was tasked by Nancy despite Christine trying to get him to do what they were asked to do.  The thing was supposed to represent their relationship.  But Kody insisted the tower was going to be represent HIS family, with four big stones - one for each if HIS wives - forming the foundation.  Then a total number of stones equaling how many people there were in HIS family, not just his unit with Christine.  It was complete and utter crap. 

And Christine sucking  giving up and keeping sweet was sickening to watch.  In the end she was telling him how she now "got" him and she finally understood how important family is to him and how she was determined to be better to her sister wives because family just means SO MUCH to Kody.   Oh, Christine ...

Family is not the most important thing to Kody.  KODY is  the most important thing to Kody. And that rock structure was not a representation of his family, it was a monument to himself.  His whole family is a monument to himself. By leaving, you are yanking out the biggest, most solid piece of the foundation and as things fragment, Kody has to deal with the fact that he is not (and really never was) the center of the Brown family universe.  You were.  And he hates you for that.  

Send this to Kody. It'll help him figure out why he's so angry. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I think bankruptcy is a financial stream for them too.  They probably pile expenses on one wife's credit card/cards and when it gets too high she declares bankruptcy then it goes on another wife's cards until she can do the bankruptcy dance. I kind of doubt Sobyn would go along, but with 3 other "wives" (now only 2) he gets by a lot of years basically debt free.

This is exactly what they did pre-show.  I think it was on one of the blogs back in the day that people looked up and discovered that Janelle as a single woman and Kody/Meri did the bankruptcy and then Christine had hers right as the show was being first filmed, but before it aired. Robyn cashed in by the Browns absorbing her debt and hasn't filed for bankruptcy that we know of.  Since people seem to keep a close eye on the public domain of the Browns, I'm sure that would hit the internet very quickly if it ever happened.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2022 at 12:24 PM, dariafan said:

Kodys bs about being cool with being a bro husband.   Yeah right.  Plus husbands don’t have the babies.  Him saying they would be playing video games and high fiving.   Puh lease.  

He might high-five his brother-hub after bro comes strutting out of Meri's room in the Big House tucking his shirt back in.....but would he extend the same douchie greeting to that same dude peacocking out of Robyn's room?

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Tuxcat posted this in the show thread:

Polygamy failed. He failed. She left because of him. She left with all those relationships. She left with twelve children on her side. His entire family rock structure comes crashing down. And that is killing him.  .....

... He doesn't care about Christine. He cares about his ego.

Tuxcat, you nailed it.  

I just made myself sit through that rock tower building scene (season 9 episode 4).  Kody  refusing to build the tower as he was tasked by Nancy despite Christine trying to get him to do what they were asked to do.  The thing was supposed to represent their relationship.  But Kody insisted the tower was going to be represent HIS family, with four big stones - one for each if HIS wives - forming the foundation.  Then a total number of stones equaling how many people there were in HIS family, not just his unit with Christine.  It was complete and utter crap. 

And Christine sucking  giving up and keeping sweet was sickening to watch.  In the end she was telling him how she now "got" him and she finally understood how important family is to him and how she was determined to be better to her sister wives because family just means SO MUCH to Kody.   Oh, Christine ...

Family is not the most important thing to Kody.  KODY is  the most important thing to Kody. And that rock structure was not a representation of his family, it was a monument to himself.  His whole family is a monument to himself. By leaving, you are yanking out the biggest, most solid piece of the foundation and as things fragment, Kody has to deal with the fact that he is not (and really never was) the center of the Brown family universe.  You were.  And he hates you for that.  

Bingo. That's why he is so pissed off and can't stand to be around her.

Her and Jenelle built this family. They had the majority of the kids and got along and co-parenting while Kody did whatever he wanted. Jenelle kept the steady job and Christine kept the kids, while Kody did what he wanted. He let Meri be a bitch to both of them and then let Robyn get away with having a nanny, etc. He also didn't live up to his end of the bargain with having all his marriages be equal. 

But Jenelle and Christine were the ones that built this family, by not only having the kids but by keeping employed and by keeping the kids fed, the kids brought up, and by loving the kids and look at them all now. They have love for both of their moms and want what is best for them. 

And that's why he is so fucking hateful right now. He ignored and didn't listen to Christine and just thought she would fall in line. Well when you leave and stay gone, people learn how to live without you. That's what happened. Christine kept nice and agreed with all his shit for years to just try to have him like her. But now he says he never loved her. He didn't and shouldn't have said that. Like come on, your grown kids will see this and your younger kids will probably see it as they get older too. Don't say shit like that. Such a shame it took until now for him to realize who was shouldering the weight of the family on their shoulders. Because it wasn't him, Meri or Robyn, because all 3 were too selfish to care about the family as a whole.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 12

Jenelle kept the steady job and Christine kept the kids, while Kody did what he wanted. He let Meri be a bitch to both of them and then let Robyn get away with having a nanny, etc.

The more I watch Janelle this season, the more I suspect that all Janelle's issues with Meri were not one-sided and not all Meri's fault. Janelle is passive-aggressive as hell. She doesn't communicate, then goes off and does what she wants. Did she even want to be married, ever? Because she doesn't appear to want a partner of any kind, except maybe Christine. Janelle won't admit she wants nothing to do with Robyn, and when questioned about it during last season's Tell All, she just said she was "thinking about it". She's only had like 12 years to decide if she wants to be Robyn's friend or not. 

Meri is a bitch, but Janelle is a snake in the grass. Kody really knows how to pick 'em. But Kody is an asshole, so in the end they all deserve each other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Did she even want to be married, ever? Because she doesn't appear to want a partner of any kind

I didn't watch earlier seasons so I don't know (though I believe the show started with Janelle already married to Kody. But "partnership" looks different to everyone. Me - I like daily interaction with my partner in person. When one of us travels without the other, I miss him. We definitely aren't together 24/7 but we spend a lot of time together. That's what I wanted in a partner. I've known married couples that live in different states and they are happy that way. Sometimes it's by choice and sometimes by circumstance but it works for them.

I think Janelle's ideal partner would give her a lot of space and freedom to do her own thing. I think the problem with Kody is that he gives that to her for all the wrong reasons. It doesn't stem from a respect for her independence or a desire to make her happy; it comes from his own inability to manage his multiple relationships and the fact that he doesn't really give a damn about her. He seems to now be openly disrespecting her which is far from ideal in any relationship.

All of which is to say that I think Janelle probably did want to be married but I don't think she necessarily wanted to be married to the person and spouse that Kody became and perhaps not even the person and spouse he was all those years ago. But she got her kids out of that marriage and it seems that she loves them, so maybe it was worth it to her?

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

The more I watch Janelle this season, the more I suspect that all Janelle's issues with Meri were not one-sided and not all Meri's fault. Janelle is passive-aggressive as hell. She doesn't communicate, then goes off and does what she wants. Did she even want to be married, ever? Because she doesn't appear to want a partner of any kind, except maybe Christine. Janelle won't admit she wants nothing to do with Robyn, and when questioned about it during last season's Tell All, she just said she was "thinking about it". She's only had like 12 years to decide if she wants to be Robyn's friend or not. 

Meri is a bitch, but Janelle is a snake in the grass. Kody really knows how to pick 'em. But Kody is an asshole, so in the end they all deserve each other.

Before Robyn assumed power as "most influential," Janelle was the OG Kody whisperer IMHO. Over the years her unbothered approach earned Kody's respect and so she truly is the one that shaped Kody's views on things.

Meri was overtly trying to wield power (HBIC) but I think over time it became reactionary to the subtle but powerful undercurrents of anti-Meri sentiment. She had less currency. One kid. And the more she fought for power - the more Janelle could whisper into Kody's ear about Meri's toxicity. 

Janelle painted Christine as a childish and immature, "princess." Subsequently Christine never had Kody's respect either.

So yes. Meri is a bitch. Christine is a princess.  Janelle - she's really the smarter of the three. She never competed for any kind of "romantic love." Polygamy wasn't a calling for her. It wasn't about love.  It was a business arrangement in which she could have help with the kids and do whatever she wanted to do - with or without Kody.

And now? Christine's leaving totally benefits Janelle! Christine and Janelle are the power center as the mothers of  12 children who are bonded. Christine's leaving does nothing but benefit Janelle. Janelle doesn't have to interact with Meri or Robyn anymore. She doesn't care about the "big picture"  - she got what she needed out of her 30 years. And Janelle gets a Public Relations boost as well.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
On 10/26/2022 at 9:49 AM, Teri313 said:

I know right?! He was kicking his legs like a donkey on speed. And here he is, thinking he's the world's best dancer.

Every time I go to p.31 and see this at the top, I giggle. This is such a great description of whatever it is that he was trying to do at that wedding!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I suppose we’ll never know what the cast members actually make in the show, but we can take into account that Kody had to be able to document income of a certain amount in order to purchase real estate or should I say to get financing on real property.   So, he and wives had to have somewhat of a substantial income to do what they did with purchases.  They also needed fair credit.  For a while, they were a big show for TLC.  I would imagine that they have made upwards of $100,000. Per person (Kody and each wife) per season…..maybe more.  Still, that’s not much based on the way they live.  That’s why I always return to my theory of Kody having one or more wealthy benefactors, who support him financially.  But now days…..I’m wondering how that’s going……🥴

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

I think we all tend to underestimate reality TV pay.

• The Bates family went from son Lawson buying the family groceries to Kelly flying all over the place.
  • The Gosselin family went from a tiny home to a mansion.
  • The families/folks on Life Below Zero went from broken snowmobiles, rundown boats and trucks, to shiny new everything. 

The one thing these folks have in common besides having relatively little money and then becoming flush, is a TV show.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1