Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

On 11/7/2022 at 7:38 PM, Gramto6 said:

I think bankruptcy is a financial stream for them too.  They probably pile expenses on one wife's credit card/cards and when it gets too high she declares bankruptcy then it goes on another wife's cards until she can do the bankruptcy dance. I kind of doubt Sobyn would go along, but with 3 other "wives" (now only 2) he gets by a lot of years basically debt free.

A few of the wives indeed filed for bankruptcy in the past. Meri was definitely one of them. Has Kody ever been declared bankrupt that anyone know of? It would be interesting (and sickening) if he used his wives for that. Will take my thoughts on Robyn to her thread as I’ll need a few more lines on that😉

• Like 4
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Libby said:

he wants them to go a step further and state that the reason he loves only Robyn and her kids is their own fault. He wants them to say that they didn't do what they should have, which is total nonsense.

The problem is that if you are truly a polygamist who truly believes in that "calling" - he's right. The women are supposed to deal with the crap for life. There are no promises of equal love.  In fact having a favorite is the norm. Christine should just shut up and keep sweet.

But I don't think Kody actually believes in polygamy any more and if that's the case he needs to just acknowledge it failed and it wasn't fair and he's sorry for being an ass and making false promises - and then just move on.

And if he does still believe in polygamy after this colossal public disaster - well then there's zero chance he would ever see how utterly ridiculous that institution and their "faith" is. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 11/11/2022 at 3:28 PM, LilyD said:

A few of the wives indeed filed for bankruptcy in the past. Meri was definitely one of them. Has Kody ever been declared bankrupt that anyone know of? It would be interesting (and sickening) if he used his wives for that. Will take my thoughts on Robyn to her thread as I’ll need a few more lines on that😉

I believe Kody and Meri filed together.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why do polyg families all have one legal wife? Why not have only spiritual wives? That would put the wives on more equal footing and they technically wouldn't be breaking the law.

Legal and tax benefits of having one legal wife?

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
On 11/12/2022 at 4:42 PM, Libby said:

Several people in the family have said Robyn is the one for Kody. Polygamy isn't for him anymore, Robyn is the one he loves, and her kids are his favorites. They never say it hatefully. They say it with a little sadness, but with acceptance.

That's a lot to nicely accept and acknowledge

Do they?  Paedon and Gwen have been fairly open about how everybody feels on social media. And Garrison and Gabe have been brutally honest about things on the show. A few others have carefully avoided or gone around such questions, as if they're hiding their true feelings. There is a lot of pain and sadness out there and I doubt any of them have truly accepted it. 

And to be true, I get that.  It's hard to deal with favouritism with grace and kindness. It hurts.... a lot. I'll personally never forget how my dad sat front and center for the graduation of his stepson yet completely forgot mine...

• Hugs 10
  • Sad 11
  • Love 1

I bet Kody could make some serious cash if he would charge a fee for viewers to verbally tell him how they feel about him. Lol. You know, you get 120 seconds to say anything to him you want regarding your opinion of him on the show and he has to listen.  (By FT). $200.00 per pop.  Lol

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I bet Kody could make some serious cash if he would charge a fee for viewers to verbally tell him how they feel about him. Lol. You know, you get 120 seconds to say anything to him you want regarding your opinion of him on the show and he has to listen.  (By FT). $200.00 per pop.  Lol

Like a virtual dunk tank only we lob truth instead of balls?

• Applause 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've thought about this!  A reverse Cameo. Proof of Watch, but NO rebuttals. Genius. They would be rolling in dough. 

Edited by eskimo
  • LOL 9

I just have to say that if the country could come together in harmony, the way Sister Wives watchers and commenters have in their dislike of Kody, we would live in pretty close to a utopia.  It's the most unified thing I regularly read about, and participate in.  Thanks Kody.

Edited by eskimo
  • Like 9
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

image.png.4a577023a186b03f7a952b3557f64a82.png

OH boy! This picture posted by @islandgal140 in the episode thread really left me howling with laughter! His hair is even a bigger mess than I thought. It looks ridiculous, though I doubt he sees it that way. 

Kody, you look like a sorry, pathetic parody of the Cowardly Lion!  Just shave it off!

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
On 11/14/2022 at 8:12 PM, eskimo said:

I just have to say that if the country could come together in harmony, the way Sister Wives watchers and commenters have in their dislike of Kody, we would live in pretty close to a utopia.  It's the most unified thing I regularly read about, and participate in.  Thanks Kody.

100%

• Love 6

Check this out.  A bonus clip that shows Robyn and Kody discussing how Ari sleeps in until noon, is up all night, and how for the first time in her life they're trying to impose a bedtime.  Aside from being terrible people, they're also terrible parents.  Shocker.

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2022/11/16/sister-wives-fans-get-angry-after-kody-robyn-browns-controversial-parenting-choices-are-exposed-in-bonus-clip/

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

I'm with the comments on that one.  What nitwits!!  It's your job to set limits and enforce them and to retrain the child's schedule.  18 kids and they can't do the basics.  ::smh::  They act like it's cute not they are showing their stupidity.  

• Like 15
  • Fire 1
36 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It's your job to set limits and enforce them and to retrain the child's schedule.  18 kids and they can't do the basics.  ::smh::  They act like it's cute not they are showing their stupidity.

But Kody didn't do the basics with his original kids. Meri, Christine, and Janelle did. Kody just flitted around on whatever rotation schedule. The Moms were the ones who actually got them to bed, teeth brushed, whatever. I'm guessing this is Robyn's parenting style, anyway, since she rules that household.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Of course Kody didn't parent before.  It's why I'm laughing at him and calling him a dimwit.  He's had all these children and finally plays at parenting the last two and has no clue what he's doing.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Kootie doesn't take responsibility for ANYTHING that's bad or negative, no matter if it's rilly his stupid fault, or not.  Narcissists are like that.

They've had, what?  6 and 11 years to figure this stuff out, as an exclusive couple.  Lazy parenting doesn't even begin to describe it.  

• Like 8
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Check this out.  A bonus clip that shows Robyn and Kody discussing how Ari sleeps in until noon, is up all night, and how for the first time in her life they're trying to impose a bedtime.  Aside from being terrible people, they're also terrible parents.  Shocker.

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2022/11/16/sister-wives-fans-get-angry-after-kody-robyn-browns-controversial-parenting-choices-are-exposed-in-bonus-clip/

So what they're saying is they hope she learns how to parent herself??  How awesome for Sol, not only does his sister get to do whatever she wants, they think it's funny that his rest is getting disturbed.  How....adorable. 🙄  

I wonder if Sol will begin to resent Ari at some point. Or Kody. 

So we see just one thing that explains her behavior, and I'm sure there are many more.  When kids at school don't like her because she's obnoxious and entitled, Kody and Robyn will claim its because of oppression of polygamists (even though they don't practice it, it will always have a place on the blame-board), blame their 'fame', or even blame Christine for turning the public against them (or any of the other non-Robyn kids). 

And....they are too dense to even be ashamed that this is how they 'parent'.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Just saw a video on Facebook of Kody announcing Robyn’s pregnancy with Solomon. It was something like, In 7 1/2 months, Truely won’t be the littlest anymore. 😱

Everyone stands there motionless. The first one to go to Robyn and hug her was Christine. I may have seen this at the time, but it left my brain. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, WhatsUpDummy said:

This would  explain why Sobbyn sleeps til noon TOO.  It's like when your NEWBORN sleeps and eats every couple of hours.  They get bigger and you can get them on a sleep schedule.  Mr. & Mrs. Douchie just never got Ariolblahblah on a sleep schedule until the kid started school.  Weirdness.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

I guess we know what the Nanny did - the nanny took care of Solomon and his homeschooling during the pandemic. No wonder Kody was hiding in closets and the garage - because he didn't want to step up to parent and was too embarrassed to admit it to the nanny.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Mr. & Mrs. Douchie just never got Ariolblahblah on a sleep schedule until the kid started school.  Weirdness.

But ....but ..... they let Ebola stay up all night so she would sleep until noon so they could have the morning to themselves without having to deal with her.   Doesn't that count as a schedule?

I can't believe Kody actually admitted that on the teevee.  Makes you wonder what he knows better than to say.  

• Like 6
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I can't believe Kody actually admitted that on the teevee.  Makes you wonder what he knows better than to say.  

Speaking of the stuff Kody says ... what was up with that scene where he starts out on the couch cam talking about how the teacher called to let them know what a sweet and sensitive child Ariella was for helping another girl in the class who was sad (or was it shy?), then she comes home and tells some odd, completely opposite story about taking the girls man (?) and not leaving her alone and  annoying her and being a pest? And on the first day of school, do the teachers call home even before the kids have left to give parents feedback? In my day, they only called home if you were bad. It makes me wonder if Kody was creating a little fiction for the producers, then Ariella came home and told the true story - and they just let it all play out.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

It makes me wonder if Kody was creating a little fiction for the producers, then Ariella came home and told the true story - and they just let it all play out.

I still can't figure out how much time lapses between when they film "scenes" and when they film the talking head couch stuff. The couch stuff is filmed at least several months afterward because it's their reaction to the actual footage.

In theory Kody would have been shown that footage of Ari saying that she wouldn't leave the girl alone - and THEN - made the weird comment about the teachers call. Something with the order is out of whack. Or maybe just his head.

That being said I do think the producers edit very intentionally. Its very obvious.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I still can't figure out how much time lapses between when they film "scenes" and when they film the talking head couch stuff. The couch stuff is filmed at least several months afterward because it's their reaction to the actual footage.

In theory Kody would have been shown that footage of Ari saying that she wouldn't leave the girl alone - and THEN - made the weird comment about the teachers call. Something with the order is out of whack. Or maybe just his head.

That being said I do think the producers edit very intentionally. Its very obvious.

I don't think all of the THs are reactions to show footage. I think some are questions from the producers, some are from responses from others' almost real-time THs and some are from recently shown show footage.

I also think the Browns have little to no say about what gets aired and I don't think they know what will be aired.

I'm going to guess this was a set-up by producers. The first day of school scene was filmed a few months before the producers asked Kody about Ari's first day of school. Kody lied about what happened either forgetting about the clip or thinking the footage wouldn't be shown because this season was all about the divorce.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

There was something Kody said on one of these episodes about the wives not getting along which made me realize how he set up this plural marriage to fail by creating jealousy with each successive “marriage.”

first, he marries Janelle who was Meri’s former SIL. The original date is set for MERI’s birthday.  Whose idiot idea was that. Someone had to talk them out of it and they moved the date over by one day. I have no proof but I think Meri’s mom may have encouraged this as she had liked Janelle as her DIL when she was married to Meri’s brother.  So this is a set up for stress especially with Janelle’s anniversary over shadowing her bday and for Janelle with her anniversary overshadowed by Meri ‘s bday, and it makes going out of town to celebrate either event tricky. 
Then  he brings in Christine about the time Logan is born taking away from his support for Janelle. And he brings in Robyn while Christine is pregnant with Truly.  
also I am waiting for Robyn to claim that the show was only possible because Kody added wife 4. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I have no proof but I think Meri’s mom may have encouraged this as she had liked Janelle as her DIL when she was married to Meri’s brother.

On the show, they always avoided the fact that Janelle was married to Meri’s brother. Did they mention it in the book?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

On the show, they always avoided the fact that Janelle was married to Meri’s brother. Did they mention it in the book?

They did.  It was very interesting in that Meri’s brother was going to become LDS while Janelle was leaving LDS for polygamy, and that was part or all of the reason for the divorce  

I lost my copy when we moved. I also recall being shocked that Meri’s mom was such a staunch supporter of polygamy and possibly of being first wife. I think Meri drank deeply from her mother’s cool aid.  How Bonnie would have reacted if the Catfish had been a real man and meri actually left Kody. I don’t think she would have been best pleased over it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I also think the Browns have little to no say about what gets aired and I don't think they know what will be aired.

That’s probably the case during normal seasons. They shoot hundreds of hours of film over just a few days with multiple cameras, so who knows what will be used.

However, the past few seasons were almost completely recorded by the Browns themselves due to the pandemic. I’m sure that gave them a brilliant opportunity to film what they wanted us to see. And this is one reason why the past few seasons have left me so puzzled. Those episodes showed us the worst of the family! Or maybe they did it because there really wasn’t anything better to show us? 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Twopper said:

And he brings in Robyn while Christine is pregnant with Truly.  

What's the timeline on that. I've always wondered. Did Christine get pregnant AFTER she knew Kody was interested in/ thinking about pursuing Robyn? Competitive baby making for attention is the name of the game (no fault to Christine - the family structure is designed to do this).

4 hours ago, Twopper said:

I also recall being shocked that Meri’s mom was such a staunch supporter of polygamy and possibly of being first wife. I think Meri drank deeply from her mother’s cool aid.  How Bonnie would have reacted if the Catfish had been a real man and meri actually left Kody. I don’t think she would have been best pleased over it. 

Absolutely. And because Bonnie truly did believe in "the principle" and "eternity" its likely that Meri was encouraged to accept her isolated/rejected position in the family as punishment for thinking about leaving. Also why we will never hear Meri say that polygamy (at least in the "principle" form) is problematic. Christine's mom on the other hand left - and talked about how the family structure made her feel like she was always a bad person.  

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

What's the timeline on that. I've always wondered. Did Christine get pregnant AFTER she knew Kody was interested in/ thinking about pursuing Robyn? Competitive baby making for attention is the name of the game (no fault to Christine - the family structure is designed to do this).

Absolutely. And because Bonnie truly did believe in "the principle" and "eternity" its likely that Meri was encouraged to accept her isolated/rejected position in the family as punishment for thinking about leaving. Also why we will never hear Meri say that polygamy (at least in the "principle" form) is problematic. Christine's mom on the other hand left - and talked about how the family structure made her feel like she was always a bad person.  

I wondered the same thing, about her pregnancy with Truely.  Was it a last ditch effort to keep Kootie interested and not sniffing around for another new wife?  Remember, Sobyn's mother told her to "get her scent out there."🤮

I agree about Bonnie.  She liked Kootie, and he liked her, as well.  Annie left Christine's dad, so I hope when Christine "forgave" her, she realized that she could do the same (of course it took way too long for her to finally dump Kootie.)

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I always assumed that none of the wives used birth control and that none of the pregnancies were "planned." In other words, I didn't think that Christine "intentionally" got pregnant with Truely any more than she intentionally got pregnant with any of the other kids. 

Then again, I think that both Christine and Robyn had said in the past that they were done having kids and Robyn, at least, would seem to still be having sex with Kidney, so unless nature has taken care of Robyn's fertility, she must have done something after Ari to prevent future spawn.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
23 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I always assumed that none of the wives used birth control and that none of the pregnancies were "planned." In other words, I didn't think that Christine "intentionally" got pregnant with Truely any more than she intentionally got pregnant with any of the other kids. 

Then again, I think that both Christine and Robyn had said in the past that they were done having kids and Robyn, at least, would seem to still be having sex with Kidney, so unless nature has taken care of Robyn's fertility, she must have done something after Ari to prevent future spawn.

What's the age gap between Ysabel and Truly? Six or seven years right? Seemed like not a coincidence that she got pregnant right around the time Kody's eye was elsewhere.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

What's the age gap between Ysabel and Truly? Six or seven years right? Seemed like not a coincidence that she got pregnant right around the time Kody's eye was elsewhere.

I think I remember reading in the book that Christine had a miscarriage in between Ysabel and Truely. I may be wrong (maybe REALLY wrong) but that would make sense.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

In the first episodes of the show Janelle and Christine both mention that Christine had a pretty serious miscarriage (as in she lost a dangerous amount of blood) the year or so before Truly was born. So the interval between Ysabel and that child would have been somewhat smaller than the gap between Ysabel and Truly wound up being. Plus Christine was getting older and may have just naturally had more difficulties conceiving after Ysabel. I'd definitely believe that Truly was an attempt at a band-aid baby, but I'm not sure that Robyn's presence was the impetus. 

Edited by morgan459
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, morgan459 said:

In the first episodes of the show Janelle and Christine both mention that Christine had a pretty serious miscarriage (as in she lost a dangerous amount of blood) the year or so before Truly was born. So the interval between Ysabel and that child would have been somewhat smaller than the gap between Ysabel and Truly would up being. Plus Christine was getting older and may have just naturally had more difficulties conceiving after Ysabel. I'd definitely believe that Truly was an attempt at a band-aid baby, but I'm not sure that Robyn's presence was the impetus. 

That makes sense. I must have completely misheard that. I thought I remembered her talking about thinking Ysabel would be the last. But my memory is not at all trustworthy! I'll go with yours!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
6 hours ago, morgan459 said:

In the first episodes of the show Janelle and Christine both mention that Christine had a pretty serious miscarriage (as in she lost a dangerous amount of blood) the year or so before Truly was born. So the interval between Ysabel and that child would have been somewhat smaller than the gap between Ysabel and Truly wound up being. Plus Christine was getting older and may have just naturally had more difficulties conceiving after Ysabel. I'd definitely believe that Truly was an attempt at a band-aid baby, but I'm not sure that Robyn's presence was the impetus. 

I remember this too. Christine had a miscarriage before she conceived Truely that was very dangerous for her. 

I don’t think Truely was a “bandaid baby” in that sense, I think Christine was getting older and probably wasn’t conceiving as easily as she did before. Also as the family grew there was a lot going on, she may have wanted a break without an infant for a minute. There’s a larger gap between Gabe and Savannah as well(Janelle’s last two kids, they are three full years a part while the rest are much closer together). Kody was getting older too; who knows, Kody is an asshat, but I never got the impression that the wives were sexually assaulted or forced to conceive against their will. If Christine didn’t want to conceive I am sure she had options, I don’t think Kody would’ve “forbidden” contraceptive use or given her a hard time about it. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I have the show on as background noise.  They were showing a flashback from an earlier season where Kody says Flagstaff is where the older children will return.  He is delusional.  That is so illogical especially as about half of the originals never lived in Flagstaff. Leon only lived in LV for a few years before going to college which I think was in Utah. Logan was on his own in LV before the move to AZ.  Aspyn, Maddie, and   Mykelti married and moved away during the “sojourn” in LV, and Christine’s children both ended up in Utah.  Paedon is now also in Utah, while Hunter is in Baltimore.  I think Leon is also back in Utah. So 6 of the 13 are gone; it seems most of them are gravitating to Utah.  
he just called her the pied piper, but in this case the children preceded the piper.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Ok timeline-wise.... the book is worthless! There is no chronological order and you just keep going back and forth between Kody and his wives. It's up to us to figure out what happened when and how long. It's a mess.....  I guess the internet is more helpful than this whole book.

They tell a lot but basically say nothing; Take the many moves. The book tells us where but not when. The most accurate descriptions are vague lines like  "some two years later" or "Meri and I moved back to Wyoming to bring Janelle into the family."

It's even worse when it comes to the kids. You'd expect they mention the births. Nope.... In general, some kids are mentioned, others barely at all. Paedon for instance doesn't show up until page 193 (when Paedon gets bad grades he is not allowed on his Xbox)  And he is only mentioned 3 times. The same goes for Gwen and Savanah (4 times). Garrison is the big loser here with only 2 references. This excludes photo captions btw. (And no, I haven't done a literal count here, the Kindle search option is very helpful!)

As for some of the questions that popped up, I did my best but can't get more out of the book than what is listed below:

Christine literally goes from a reference to a "late honeymoon with Kody, Aspyn and Mykelti" to the time when they decided to have another baby (Truely) Nothing is said about her other kids or her miscarriage btw.  Truely was born in April 2010 so conceived in the summer of 2009, which was when Kody first met Robyn. I don't think trying for a baby was a way to deal with Robyn as she had the miscarriage before Truely, so they were obviously trying for longer.

Neither is there a clear reference to a date for Robyn and Kody's first meeting. Just some vague references like "after my divorce" and "some time later". The first real indication is a scene mentioning a 14-year-old Madison and a 30-year-old Robyn, which matches spring or summer 2009.

The gap between Garrison and Gabe and Gabe and Savanah: The only thing worth mentioning is that Janelle had an emotional breakdown (postnatal depression?) after Gabe's birth. This is when she moved away from the family and tried to work things out. This probably explains why she had Savanah 3 years later. As for the gap between Garrison and Gabe: She had 4 kids in 5.5 years! She probably felt she needed a break from being pregnant after having one girl and three boys!

• Useful 8