Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

On 1/18/2023 at 2:01 PM, Teri313 said:

I wanted to give you a laughy face because you're funny, but I didn't want you to think I was laughing at your COVID situation. Is this your first time? I've had it twice. Second time was definitely better than the first. Sending you good get well vibes!

Thank you!!  Yes, this is my first time with Covid.  I think I should have gotten that third booster but didn't.  I'm still alive!!  And I still feel all right, for the most part.  

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

If we are to believe the rumor of Kody trying to have TLC stop the Brown kids from speaking out, this is what my speculative mind came up with ...

Kody got wind of Gwen doing videos. Because Kody doesn't know his kids he assumed she might "shit talk" him, so he asks Christine to tell Gwen to stop. Christine says no. Kody gets pissed and starts spewing his Kody bullshit and tells Christine he's going to get TLC to shut Gwen down. Kody never intended to ask TLC to interfere. Ever the mastermind Robyn tells Kody to call his children, play nice but really feel them out to see what they're up to. Christine the bubbly, stealth bitch in charge can't help herself when Paedon calls to tell her his dad called him, so she gut punches Paedon with what Kody said about contacting TLC. Of course Robyn calls her "baby" BFF Mykelti sharing how concerned she is about her father because he's "been rejected so much" lately and hopes Gwen doesn't talk about Kody in a bad light.

Paedon, the lost and angry Kody Jr, shows his dad who is in charge by doing a video trash talking no-man's-land Meri and a video in which he says he wants his dad back.

Mykelti, the (fake) kumbaya, child bitch in charge Robyn Jr, whips out her camera quicker than one can say, TLC money, and starts doing her own videos.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 12/16/2022 at 10:59 AM, Libby said:

People on reddit have questioned if Kody could be taking drugs.

He's always been a little manic, but not as hostile and aggressive as he's been in the last few years.

People have wondered if he's on steroids or testosterone or something.

He's acting so nuts, that I wouldn't be surprised if he is taking something.

Opioids. Adderall.

• Love 1

Kody just looks stupid when he rages, and that hair doesn't help. He looked a lot better (not great but better) back in the beginning with smooth light brown hair; that blonde ramen-head look is very distracting. And then we hear him ranting about kidneys and stuff and I just can't take him seriously at all.

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If we are to believe the rumor of Kody trying to have TLC stop the Brown kids from speaking out, this is what my speculative mind came up with ...

Kody got wind of Gwen doing videos. Because Kody doesn't know his kids he assumed she might "shit talk" him, so he asks Christine to tell Gwen to stop. Christine says no. Kody gets pissed and starts spewing his Kody bullshit and tells Christine he's going to get TLC to shut Gwen down. Kody never intended to ask TLC to interfere. Ever the mastermind Robyn tells Kody to call his children, play nice but really feel them out to see what they're up to. Christine the bubbly, stealth bitch in charge can't help herself when Paedon calls to tell her his dad called him, so she gut punches Paedon with what Kody said about contacting TLC. Of course Robyn calls her "baby" BFF Mykelti sharing how concerned she is about her father because he's "been rejected so much" lately and hopes Gwen doesn't talk about Kody in a bad light.

Paedon, the lost and angry Kody Jr, shows his dad who is in charge by doing a video trash talking no-man's-land Meri and a video in which he says he wants his dad back.

Mykelti, the (fake) kumbaya, child bitch in charge Robyn Jr, whips out her camera quicker than one can say, TLC money, and starts doing her own videos.

Mykelti stating her dad had been rejected so much? Echoes Robyn on the patio convo when she tells Kody the same thing, Janelle goes for her purse. The thot is plickening!! 

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Mykelti stating her dad had been rejected so much? Echoes Robyn on the patio convo when she tells Kody the same thing, Janelle goes for her purse. The thot is plickening!! 

Mykelti has never been the brightest Brown.  She's so easily led down the the garden path by Robyn.  

• Like 19
  • LOL 1

I think that Kody will get what he has coming. I believe that he honestly loves Robyn. I don't think that she loves him. Robyn is an opportunist. When the money is gone, Robyn will be gone.

The thing that is so sad for Kody is that the first three wives and their children honestly loved Kody. They would have gone into the trenches for him. He pushed them all away for Robyn.

I believe to the core of my being that she will screw him in the end. I also believe that her 5 precious children that he loves so much, will stand with her as she screws him over.

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
40 minutes ago, Libby said:

I think that Kody will get what he has coming. I believe that he honestly loves Robyn. I don't think that she loves him. Robyn is an opportunist. When the money is gone, Robyn will be gone.

The thing that is so sad for Kody is that the first three wives and their children honestly loved Kody. They would have gone into the trenches for him. He pushed them all away for Robyn.

I believe to the core of my being that she will screw him in the end. I also believe that her 5 precious children that he loves so much, will stand with her as she screws him over.

I think she'll have regrets, but it would take a lot of effort on Robyn's part to "put her scent out there" again. I mean, she has a twice used cookie, 5 children, "stretch marks and flab" and she's spread her bitch far and wide - one Google search and its everywhere.

Being poor with Kody-boy might be better than being poor alone.

Make your bed and lay in it, sleep with dogs and get fleas, stupid games and stupid prizes...

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, BnJJTwop said:

He has said many times that the emotional well-being of his wives is not his responsibility.   I can only imagine how dismissive he was any time that Christine tried to express her loneliness.

It made me wonder what vows are said at AUB wedding ceremonies...

But in most wedding ceremonies, you pledge to have and to hold, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health. (or something fairly similar) That definitely  includes emotional well-being and mental health struggles.

It's interesting to note how a guy who went through commitment ceremonies 4 times, can so conveniently forget about such promises. (5 if you count Robyn's legal marriage)

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think she'll have regrets, but it would take a lot of effort on Robyn's part to "put her scent out there" again. I mean, she has a twice used cookie, 5 children, "stretch marks and flab" and she's spread her bitch far and wide - one Google search and its everywhere.

Being poor with Kody-boy might be better than being poor alone.

Make your bed and lay in it, sleep with dogs and get fleas, stupid games and stupid prizes...

Ok, I'm curious. Do you mean, "she's spread her bitch far and wide - one Google search and its everywhere" as Robyn has nudes out there???? What is the Google search??

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, UnikornRainbowz said:

Ok, I'm curious. Do you mean, "she's spread her bitch far and wide - one Google search and its everywhere" as Robyn has nudes out there???? What is the Google search??

Oh goodness I hope not, lol. 🤢

I meant every bitchy statement she made and every bitchy face and dry crying grimace comes right up if she's Googled.

I think Robyn thinks she comes off as Glenda the Good Witch to Meri's Wicked Witch, but as we all know (and the interwebs know) she is the biggest bitch of them all.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I meant to post something about this last week when Paedon did his interview with that drug addled lunatic John Yates but I forgot… anyways long story short… Paedon was praising what a loving caring dad Kody was and when asked to give an example he said when they were little and living in Utah a bunk bed kind of collapsed on one of the boys (maybe Hunter) and landed on him, he was fine but Kody flew into a rage, went into the bedroom, closed the door and tore the bunk bed to smithereens, throwing boards and bed pieces in every direction as he yelled and cursed at the bed….. Paedon used that story to prove how much kody LOVED his kids!!  😳

Nothing says love like raging like a lunatic at an inanimate object!

I kept thinking maybe a better idea would be, check and make sure the child isn’t injured and then ask some questions to determine what made a bunk bed collapse, were the boys jumping, hanging, swinging off and on it or some other rough housing until a bolt came loose?

Paedon annoys me, he thinks he’s the smartest person in the room but he’s a big dumb meat head… he has the strangest take on things and rambles like an idiot.

Christine is a dummy and a know it all…Paedon and Mykelti are just like her!

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Oh and Paedon also gives me the creeps… we know he’s gotten physical in the past with Gwen, he spoke sort of disrespectful when telling everyone that he works as a bouncer at a strip club and how he’s interested in a girl or girls… typical misogynist asshole.

I was thinking of the murder of those four Idaho university students and how creepy the guy is that they arrested, people who knew him were shocked but also weren’t that surprised cuz he was a weird dude…. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if someday Paedon is arrested… not for murdering but maybe stalking or harassing.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I meant to post something about this last week when Paedon did his interview with that drug addled lunatic John Yates but I forgot… anyways long story short… Paedon was praising what a loving caring dad Kody was and when asked to give an example he said when they were little and living in Utah a bunk bed kind of collapsed on one of the boys (maybe Hunter) and landed on him, he was fine but Kody flew into a rage, went into the bedroom, closed the door and tore the bunk bed to smithereens, throwing boards and bed pieces in every direction as he yelled and cursed at the bed….. Paedon used that story to prove how much kody LOVED his kids!!  😳

I kept thinking maybe a better idea would be, check and make sure the child isn’t injured and then ask some questions to determine what made a bunk bed collapse, were the boys jumping, hanging, swinging off and on it or some other rough housing until a bolt came loose?

Paedon annoys me, he thinks he’s the smartest person in the room but he’s a big dumb meat head… he has the strangest take on things and rambles like an idiot.

I watched a little of that Yates interview, and he looks and sounded very creepy, indeed.  Ew.

"Meat head" describes Paedon very well.  He seems a lot like his sperm donor.  I pity the woman that ends up with him.  

• Like 13
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

29 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I watched a little of that Yates interview, and he looks and sounded very creepy, indeed.  Ew.

"Meat head" describes Paedon very well.  He seems a lot like his sperm donor.  I pity the woman that ends up with him.  

Yeah he’s Kody made over. Sounds just like him, voice, inflection, ranting, arrogance.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So Kody had rage issues back then too.   Presumably he had to take his rage out on the bunk bed because he refused to admit any responsibility for not anchoring it properly himself. 

I think the family has been covering up Kody’s rage filled rants for a very long time.   I wonder how many seasons the production crew has seen it but not kept it in the episodes before now. 

• Like 16
49 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

So Kody had rage issues back then too.   Presumably he had to take his rage out on the bunk bed because he refused to admit any responsibility for not anchoring it properly himself. 

I think the family has been covering up Kody’s rage filled rants for a very long time.   I wonder how many seasons the production crew has seen it but not kept it in the episodes before now. 

I agree with you about family covering. The moms tried to soothe their kids, the older ones kodysplained to the younger ones. It's sad.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yates is a mess, I used to follow him really closely but his drug addiction got so bad that he started passing out during his live YouTube broadcasts, slumping over and snoring with drool dripping out of his mouth and his husband Cody would have to drag him off camera and put him to bed.

one night he went to Coney Island for Cody’s birthday and Yates was so high that he nearly tore his arm off falling off a platform, it was so gruesome his arm was literally hanging on by some muscle and torn open skin and he needed hundreds of stitches to sew it back on and he filmed it all for his followers while in a stupor crying and ranting about spoiling Cody’s birthday.                      

I was kind of surprised to see Paedon doing an interview with him because he’s so notorious.

• Mind Blown 12
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I was kind of surprised to see Paedon doing an interview with him because he’s so notorious.

Which is exactly why Paedon agreed to it.  This is a person he relates to and probably admires.  You don't go on a show to gaslight family members when you hate the interviewer.  And it draws his kind of audence as well.

• Like 13

Paedon was praising what a loving caring dad Kody was and when asked to give an example he said when they were little and living in Utah a bunk bed kind of collapsed on one of the boys (maybe Hunter) and landed on him, he was fine but Kody flew into a rage, went into the bedroom, closed the door and tore the bunk bed to smithereens, throwing boards and bed pieces in every direction as he yelled and cursed at the bed….. Paedon used that story to prove how much kody LOVED his kids!! 

I'll bet Kody was the one that assembled the bunk bed in the first place...

• Like 13
  • LOL 11
22 hours ago, Libby said:

Or... She can see the gravy train leaving and take what little he has left.

She's a snake. She'll leave him starving in the street without blinking her eyes.

I agree Robyn is a snake but I see her staying with Kody for the foreseeable future like @GeeGolly said. 

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yates is a mess, I used to follow him really closely but his drug addiction got so bad that he started passing out during his live YouTube broadcasts, slumping over and snoring with drool dripping out of his mouth and his husband Cody would have to drag him off camera and put him to bed.

one night he went to Coney Island for Cody’s birthday and Yates was so high that he nearly tore his arm off falling off a platform, it was so gruesome his arm was literally hanging on by some muscle and torn open skin and he needed hundreds of stitches to sew it back on and he filmed it all for his followers while in a stupor crying and ranting about spoiling Cody’s birthday.                      

Okay, I thought the Yates guy seemed a hot mess, but I just figured he was neurotic (and seemed to be nursing a cold, or Covid). What kind of drugs are we talking?

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, General Days said:

Okay, I thought the Yates guy seemed a hot mess, but I just figured he was neurotic (and seemed to be nursing a cold, or Covid). What kind of drugs are we talking?

Meth and he combines it with booze and anything else he can get his hands on.

I followed him for years and it was like a total freakshow, he looked like walking dead and every day was some new catastrophe and he broadcast it all on his YouTube and then he’d start “Go Fund Me”pages to get money, or run a scam or just beg for money online… if you notice on his YouTube people are donating money throughout, it appears on the screen.

He’s had a sad and tragic life no doubt (his mother committed suicide when he was younger) but drugs aren’t the answer.

Heres a pic of him the morning after he nearly tore his arm off at Coney Island, that night I couldn’t believe what I was watching because he was spiralling and completely out of control…. After that I was sure we’d be watching him die soon so I quit following.

I could go on and on, he’s notorious, lots of stories about him on Reddit.

On the Paedon interview he definitely looks better so maybe he finally hit rock bottom and got some help, if so I hope he stays on the wagon cuz he was one bender away from death and going downhill fast.

D491F5A3-FF27-4B76-BBEA-8D5F880B7E6D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 2
15 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Whatever happened to paedon being a fireman?  Thought that was what he wanted to do?   

Leon was going to be a doctor. Mykelti was going to be a fashion designer. Maddie was going to be a lawyer... Somehow things didn't work out.

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
30 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Leon was going to be a doctor. Mykelti was going to be a fashion designer. Maddie was going to be a lawyer... Somehow things didn't work out.

Maddie had even higher aspirations. She wanted to become a Supreme Court Judge.  

They all missed their targets somewhat.  Leon may feel that being A Yoga instructor 🙄 deals in wellness.  Mykelti may believe she is in the fashion industry with LLR and Maddie presides as judge and jury over kids squabbles.

• LOL 17

I always felt that Kody wasn’t too actively encouraging his kids (particularly the girls) to go to college because of the costs. He wasn’t too thrilled about any of the boys pursuing a military career either until he realised it was a cheap way to get them started on a professional level/a career.

I’m not sure if it explains several of the kids not finishing or even starting college. (Hunter, Logan and Garrison seem to be doing fine. Not sure what Aspyn or Gabe do at the moment) But their dad does tend to act on impulse and has a tendency to abandon ship when things get complicated and do something else? So, maybe  it’s more about genes or how they were raised?

• Like 8

Honestly I don’t think it’s that odd that none of them became Rocket Surgeons. I worked in higher Ed for a long long time pre-babies, and just about every kid who starts college, and their parents, thinks they’re going to be something insanely unique and successful. It’s worse when you have homeschoolers or first generation college attendees or delusional isolated people like the Browns. They’re all going to be doctors, Barbara Walters level journalists, combat flight nurses, UN delegates, Oscar winning actors, etc.

Nobody from this background ever thinks they are going to drop out or stay and just be a teacher, office worker, state employee, tradesperson etc, but very few of them actually finish a degree or do anything out of the ordinary. Have to say nothing is wrong with any of these careers, but they’re not glamourous, lofty, or high paying (well except some blue collar trades, but they Browns are all physically lazy and terrible at realistic problem solving).

I remember when they were all whining about Meri’s child HAVING to go to some tiny yet extravagantly expensive private college nobody had ever heard of. It’s like Meri and her kid thought if that was not that specific college, the world would literally end. Maybe I missed that xfiles episode. But now what are they doing? Yoga and Instagram. Same with Mykelti and fashion school. Honey your whole family put together doesn’t have one pinky finger worth of style. Your sketches were beyond amateur even for a high school kid. Maybe you can design for Walmart? Maddie and Supreme Court Justice, yea ok. Maybe try paralegal studies and hope for the best. You don’t have the drive for law school let alone a politically backed position. Not knocking paralegals but a 2 year legal assistant degree is more realistic and a decent job.

Maybe one day one of them will prove us all wrong with their special uniqueness, and out of all of them the ones who take after Kodys brash salesman personality might make it some type of sales, but none of them have shown the drive, looks, or basically anything interesting enough to be rich and famous. They got this show because Big Love was popular and the idea of polygamy was daring, but none of these people besides manic Kody have much of a personality, and his is just looking insane at the moment. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Like 14
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

I’m not sure if it explains several of the kids not finishing or even starting college. (Hunter, Logan and Garrison seem to be doing fine. Not sure what Aspyn or Gabe do at the moment) But their dad does tend to act on impulse and has a tendency to abandon ship when things get complicated and do something else? So, maybe  it’s more about genes or how they were raised?

Did you mean Savannah? Aspyn is Christine’s daughter.  Aspyn graduated college and is married to Mitch.  Gabe is currently still in college in AZ as far as I know.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Did you mean Savannah? Aspyn is Christine’s daughter.  Aspyn graduated college and is married to Mitch.  Gabe is currently still in college in AZ as far as I know.

Oh no,sorry for the confusion! I meant  the older kids that have either graduated or found a decent (as in non-mlm) job. Some seem to be doing fine like Hunter, Garrison, Logan.  I wasn't sure about Aspyn and Gabe but assume they're fine. As for Paedon; no idea. Like someone else I assumed he had become a firefighter but apparently not?

Maddie, Mykelti and Leon all had big career plans but have abandoned them over time. Especially with Maddie and Leon I have a feeling that they tend to be like Kody when it comes to acting on impulse (do one thing, not finishing it and then something else) or giving up when it isn't to their liking or becomes too complicated. 

Edited by LilyD
Auto-correct swapped Paedon for pardon...fixed it!
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, LilyD said:

Oh no,sorry for the confusion! I meant  the older kids that have either graduated or found a decent (as in non-mlm) job. Some seem to be doing fine like Hunter, Garrison, Logan.  I wasn't sure about Aspyn and Gabe but assume they're fine. As for Paedon; no idea. Like someone else I assumed he had become a firefighter but apparently not?

Maddie, Mykelti and Leon all had big career plans but have abandoned them over time. Especially with Maddie and Leon I have a feeling that they tend to be like Kody when it comes to acting on impulse (do one thing, not finishing it and then something else) or giving up when it isn't to their liking or becomes too complicated. 

Aspyn finished college and is a manager at Kendra Scott I believe. I think Kody, like a lot of men in his social group focused more on education for his sons than his daughters, the assumption that a girl can always get married so it’s not a “necessity”.

Kody is an asshat, but I don’t think he actively discouraged any of the kids from higher education. He did seem proud when Logan, Aspyn, Leon and Hunter graduated from college. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Kody is an asshat, but I don’t think he actively discouraged any of the kids from higher education. He did seem proud when Logan, Aspyn, Leon and Hunter graduated from college. 

I remember all the parents wanting all the kids to go to college.  Janelle also suggested trade schools but Kody turned his nose up at that because we all know he's allergic to actual working.  But when it came time to actually look at schools it turns out none of the adults had ever discussed how much it would cost and how much they could contribute to each kids tuition.  They didn't have the money to pay for everyone and Kody was ADAMANTLY against student loans (probably because you can't discharge student loans in bankruptcy).  And yeah, no parent wants their kids to go into debt for school, but what was the other option here?  They can't afford it outright, Kody says no student loans, working a part time job during school isn't going to make a dent so that leaves full scholarships for all 18 kids.  Not likely.  Maddie actually did get a full ride to her school in Utah but then she dropped out after hooking up with Caleb. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
On 1/21/2023 at 2:04 PM, altopower said:

Kody just looks stupid when he rages, and that hair doesn't help. He looked a lot better (not great but better) back in the beginning with smooth light brown hair; that blonde ramen-head look is very distracting. And then we hear him ranting about kidneys and stuff and I just can't take him seriously at all.

Add to that his gas station sun visor and ever-present work gloves, screaming like the plyg version of King Lear while sitting in a Costco camping chair...I don't know how any of those women ever kept a straight face.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 2
  • LOL 20
2 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

I remember all the parents wanting all the kids to go to college.  Janelle also suggested trade schools but Kody turned his nose up at that because we all know he's allergic to actual working.  But when it came time to actually look at schools it turns out none of the adults had ever discussed how much it would cost and how much they could contribute to each kids tuition.  They didn't have the money to pay for everyone and Kody was ADAMANTLY against student loans (probably because you can't discharge student loans in bankruptcy).  And yeah, no parent wants their kids to go into debt for school, but what was the other option here?  They can't afford it outright, Kody says no student loans, working a part time job during school isn't going to make a dent so that leaves full scholarships for all 18 kids.  Not likely.  Maddie actually did get a full ride to her school in Utah but then she dropped out after hooking up with Caleb. 

I think Kody (like a lot of people) was pretty ignorant to how much higher education cost in the early 2010s. My Mom is a Physican who paid for my college in cash (which was a great benefit to me) and she thought students with good grades from lower income families could “go to school for free”- she was thinking about how much college and med school cost HER in the 1960s/70s!!!!

I went “mommy, you need to check your privilege.” She really didn’t get all this stress about loans etc until she talked to my friends who didn’t have parents paying their tuition in cash, and when I went to law school she understood it a little better. She was quite ignorant about it and she has an MD! I could see Kody (and the other parents) being ignorant as well, since none of them did the straight from HS to 4 year degree route, and when they would’ve done that it would’ve been the 80s/90s, a different scenario than 20yrs later. Add in the Browns and their string of bankruptcies, “figuring out how to pay for it after the fact” seemed to be a family trend. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

My Mom is a Physican who paid for my college in cash (which was a great benefit to me)

I picture your mom, in a white doctor's coat, walking up to the bursar's office with a suitcase full of 100 dollar bills...

• Like 3
  • LOL 21
On 1/22/2023 at 10:40 PM, Sandy W said:

Maddie had even higher aspirations. She wanted to become a Supreme Court Judge.  

They all missed their targets somewhat.  Leon may feel that being A Yoga instructor 🙄 deals in wellness.  Mykelti may believe she is in the fashion industry with LLR and Maddie presides as judge and jury over kids squabbles.

I’ve said before that it’s my wish at least one of the girls overturns the apple cart and joins the military. Afterwards, she goes to school (because it’s paid for), be it university or tech school and becomes hugely successful on her own.

I can’t believe Kody’s dumb ass hasn’t considered this before — not necessarily to push the kids, but as an option if they are open to it. I have a niece considering the Air Force, it’s a great way to grow up, figure out who you are, what you want to do AND get your schooling paid for. 

IMO kids are pushed into making decisions about school too quickly. For some, the military can give them discipline, skills and maturity. It doesn’t pay much (which is shameful), but it’s a steady job. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 11
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I’ve said before that it’s my wish at least one of the girls overturns the apple cart and joins the military. Afterwards, she goes to school (because it’s paid for), be it university or tech school and becomes hugely successful on her own.

I can’t believe Kody’s dumb ass hasn’t considered this before — not necessarily to push the kids, but as an option if they are open to it. I have a niece considering the Air Force, it’s a great way to grow up, figure out who you are, what you want to do AND get your schooling paid for. 

IMO kids are pushed into making decisions about school too quickly. For some, the military can give them discipline, skills and maturity. It doesn’t pay much (which is shameful), but it’s a steady job. 

I don't know if this is relevant, but early in the series, before Snowflake when to Westminster, they chatted with Kody about going to West Point then becoming a doctor. Kody didn't pushback at all, only saying that they needed the rigor of public school over the church school, to get in. 

I think Kody would support any of the kids going in as officers only. When Garrison joined the national guard his big concern was that Garrison could be deployed and see action. I think Kody would support the academies or ROTC for all of the kids. (Remember, the only things he is afraid of are poverty and student loans)

Right now there are 4 that seem to have opted out, or slowed down college: Paedon, Garrison, Mykelti and Maddie.

Logan: UNLV BS & MBA Community development manager likely making $100K+

Leon: Westminster BA, MS. Writer, and pretentious twit, sponging their way through life

Aspen: UNLV BA, store manager Kendra Scott likely making $65-80K

Maddie: Slow progress towards BA, pregnant with 3rd child, husband has a union job working on elevators, and she supplements with MLMs

Hunter: AF Academy & JHU, BS & MS, likely making $100K+

Mykelti: dropped out of UNLV, Lularags--seems to be doing well. Now selling the pink drink too

Dayton: Student @ NAU

Paedon: National Guard, and strip club bouncer

Garrison: National Guard and construction

Gwen: Student at NAU

Ysabel: Student at Utah State

Gabe: Student at NAU

Aurora: Student at NAU

Breanna and Savannah, graduating and expected to go to college

Truely, Sol and and Ari: Public School

Less than 2/3s of high school graduates go to college, so the Browns are slightly above average. I am very hopeful that the younger girls will chase great education. Their formative years were in Las Vegas and Flagstaff, so the scent of polygamy is probably very faint.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 12
  • Useful 2
17 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I don't know if this is relevant, but early in the series, before Snowflake when to Westminster, they chatted with Kody about going to West Point then becoming a doctor. Kody didn't pushback at all, only saying that they needed the rigor of public school over the church school, to get in. 

I think Kody would support any of the kids going in as officers only. When Garrison joined the national guard his big concern was that Garrison could be deployed and see action. I think Kody would support the academies or ROTC for all of the kids. (Remember, the only things he is afraid of are poverty and student loans)

Right now there are 4 that seem to have opted out, or slowed down college: Paedon, Garrison, Mykelti and Maddie.

Logan: UNLV BS & MBA Community development manager likely making $100K+

Leon: Westminster BA, MS. Writer, and pretentious twit, sponging their way through life

Aspen: UNLV BA, store manager Kendra Scott likely making $65-80K

Maddie: Slow progress towards BA, pregnant with 3rd child, husband has a union job working on elevators, and she supplements with MLMs

Hunter: AF Academy & JHU, BS & MS, likely making $100K+

Mykelti: dropped out of UNLV, Lularags--seems to be doing well. Now selling the pink drink too

Dayton: Student @ NAU

Paedon: National Guard, and strip club bouncer

Garrison: National Guard and construction

Gwen: Student at NAU

Ysabel: Student at Utah State

Gabe: Student at NAU

Aurora: Student at NAU

Breanna and Savannah, graduating and expected to go to college

Truely, Sol and and Ari: Public School

Less than 2/3s of high school graduates go to college, so the Browns are slightly above average. I am very hopeful that the younger girls will chase great education. Their formative years were in Las Vegas and Flagstaff, so the scent of polygamy is probably very faint.

I just hate the idea of student loans for these young adults — there’s no way they can afford everyone’s tuition (can they?). Everyone I know with advanced degrees has basically said, “I accepted that I’ll be in debt for most of my life”. I’m STILL paying for my BS loans and need a MS, but the cost. I tried to go military myself, but my spine had already undergone a fusion and they would not take me. I just didn’t want student loan debt but here I am, with student loan debt (and they keep raising my interest every year). My parents “could” have afforded it but it would have been a burden. It was 30k back then, I don’t know what it costs now. 

Hopefully the kids in school now complete their education and don’t drop out. Given how needy Robyn is, she’s gonna have to sell her mansion if they’re paying for the kids’ schooling. 

• Like 9
44 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Hopefully the kids in school now complete their education and don’t drop out. Given how needy Robyn is, she’s gonna have to sell her mansion if they’re paying for the kids’ schooling. 

Student loans are terrible. I had some and paid them off as quickly as I could, at the expense of some things peers thought of as must haves. I paid off undergrad in 4 years and then have 2 advanced degrees that I also paid off in 4 years.

NAU is $13,500/year, not including living expenses.  I hope they are qualifying for federal grants--Pell and Supplemental would be more than $10K a year. So if kids live at home, it is doable. As long as Kody is listed as the father, they'd qualify with 6 kids at school at once next year.

And they should consider Coyote Pass. At this point, they should just sell it. 

• Like 9

So!  I live in Flagstaff and have, every so often, seen these yahoos out and about.  Actually - I've seen Christine (prior to her move) and Janelle - I've never seen Meri, Robyn, or Kody the whole time they've lived here.  Until last Friday!  I was out to dinner with my husband and Kody and Savannah walked right by!  I was so glad to see him spending time with her!

• Like 18
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, yojenbabe said:

So!  I live in Flagstaff and have, every so often, seen these yahoos out and about.  Actually - I've seen Christine (prior to her move) and Janelle - I've never seen Meri, Robyn, or Kody the whole time they've lived here.  Until last Friday!  I was out to dinner with my husband and Kody and Savannah walked right by!  I was so glad to see him spending time with her!

Did he still have his corkscrew curls?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10

I would be so tempted to snip off Kody's curls, if I ever saw him in the wild (which, legally, would be some kind of assault, so I'm glad I am unlikely to run into him). 

I'd probably also give him an earful about how awful I think he is.

• LOL 9