Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

On 10/8/2022 at 7:45 AM, Fosca said:

I just spent about 15 minutes (not long, I know) checking the scientific literature for "kissing exchanges hormones" and can't find anything, although I do find lots of how kissing increases production of hormones.  I know I can't count on cite like HuffPost to cite sources, but it sure would be nice to see where they got that from.

I think that's some old school science, handed down through the ages. 🤪 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Kody reminds me of the squirrel in Hoodwinked. The way he bounces from place to place and idea to idea   I have adhd and I understand the brain always going , but he doesn’t even try to get it under control 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Kody comes to his own daughter's 18th Bday & graduation party, asks if she is turning sweet seventeen, then goes into a rant on how sixteen year old girls need patriarchial fathers to make them stay sweet. ADHD with no filter or self awareness to hear how stupid he sounds on national TV.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Did Kootie just find "patriarchal" on his Word of the Day calendar and vow to use in every conceivable conversation?

Or on a list of words rarely used anymore because it is misogynist, but Kootie finds it perfect for use in a family that is 61% female (4% non-binary, and only 35% male).

Edited by deirdra
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

Y'all - I'll be in Northern AZ in December. Should I show up outside of the Robyn mansion or Coyote Pass holding a sign over my head that says, "F*ck the patriarchy?" Maybe I can get Christine and Janelle to come join me.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Did Kootie just find "patriarchal" on his Word of the Day calendar and vow to use in every conceivable conversation?

And funnily enough, he uses it to tell us over and over again how he is not in charge, not respected and totally ignored. So totally the opposite of what a patriarch stands for and what he himself wants to be, which highly amuses me! Does he realise he is making an even bigger fool and failure of himself by saying these things?

Edited by LilyD
  • LOL 10
44 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

Nothing real to add here. I had never even noticed this thread, and the title of it made me spit a little coffee out of my nose. Thanks! 

I smile every time I see it, since it is perfection!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

Or on a list of words rarely used anymore because it is misogynist, but Kootie finds it perfect for use in a family that is 61% female (4% non-binary, and only 35% male).

I hate that word.  Kootie pretending that Sobbyn doesn't direct his every move?  Don't make me laugh.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Y'all - I'll be in Northern AZ in December. Should I show up outside of the Robyn mansion or Coyote Pass holding a sign over my head that says, "F*ck the patriarchy?" Maybe I can get Christine and Janelle to come join me.

A banner!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2022 at 12:19 PM, Cetacean said:

He is such an asshole. He spent years abdicating responsibility for anything and everything, and now he wants to be the family patriarch?

Please.

He's just mad that his picture perfect plyg family (not that any of us ever bought this nonsense) was a total mirage—and now everyone knows it. So he's flailing because he's embarrassed.

On 10/10/2022 at 12:53 PM, NoWhammies said:

Start a gofundme to pay a skywriter. I'll contribute.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I don’t remember a lot of the beginning seasons, did they ever mention what kind of relationship Kody had with his dad and did they say if his dad ever had a “favorite” wife? Also, was Kody already grown when his dad entered into polygamy? I know his dad married Janelle’s mom sometime around when Kody and Janelle got married but I wasn’t sure when Kody’s dad’s other wife (not Kody’s mom) came into the picture.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t remember a lot of the beginning seasons, did they ever mention what kind of relationship Kody had with his dad and did they say if his dad ever had a “favorite” wife? Also, was Kody already grown when his dad entered into polygamy? I know his dad married Janelle’s mom sometime around when Kody and Janelle got married but I wasn’t sure when Kody’s dad’s other wife (not Kody’s mom) came into the picture.

Kody was gone from home when his dad married his second wife.  Just from the little he has said he didn't have the best relationship with his dad.  I think Sheryl, Janelle's mom was the favorite wife.  She was the last wife.  Again, from what was said on the show.

• Love 5

The only story I remember

5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Here’s a decent, but a bit long, article:

https://screenrant.com/sister-wives-kody-brown-parents-william-genielle-facts/

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, dariafan said:

When does such a busy man find the time to have a friend he is close enough to to officiate a wedding ???

Kody has time to do anything that will make him the center of attention.  

I hope they show him dancing at the reception.  I need a good laugh. 

• LOL 15
23 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

They are.  And it’s not what I wanted to see first thing this morning 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 8
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I am trying to figure out what type of dancing it is that he is ""trying"" to do.

Chicken having a seizure?  That's what someone on another forum calls it.

He's such a conceited show-off.  🤮

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve seen Kody dance before, but I ain’t never seen him like that!  🤣

I know right?! He was kicking his legs like a donkey on speed. And here he is, thinking he's the world's best dancer.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 10/20/2022 at 6:20 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

This was the very first scene I ever saw of sister wives on tv. I couldn't believe that idiot managed to get four women to marry him (still can't), and I swore to myself I'd never look at that crap. Well, here I am now, lots of seasons later 😂😂😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I've been wondering that myself.  I'm starting to smell BS.  I just can't believe he'd be that far gone not to see how bad he's making himself look to the public with this behavior.  I've wondered for a few years now when he would get desperate enough to keep the show on the air as to play up the drama factor to the hilt.  I've seen it happen before on so called "reality" shows.  I think it's sad that he and the wives might go to this extent to keep the TLC money rolling in.  The money has become more important to them than preventing any emotional damage it might cause to their kids.

By @Yeah No from the Spoiler and Social media topic.

This is one thing that keeps us all divided here on the forum: Does he really have no clue about how he comes across and that people are doubting his sanity? Or is he indeed playing us all for the sake of the show?

I Firmly believe the first. Kody has such a big ego that I doubt he'd willingly make a fool of himself for a few bucks. He'd happily throw everyone else under the bus or sacrifice them in another way for the money, but not himself. I really think he believes his own truth, his own divine personality and is convinced of the vicious betrayal of everyone else. It fits his personality of a demi god who can do no wrong and is above everyone else.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

I Firmly believe the first. Kody has such a big ego that I doubt he'd willingly make a fool of himself for a few bucks. He'd happily throw everyone else under the bus or sacrifice them in another way for the money, but not himself. I really think he believes his own truth, his own divine personality and is convinced of the vicious betrayal of everyone else. It fits his personality of a demi god who can do no wrong and is above everyone else.

Totally agree. And I think he thinks he is throwing others under the bus, little does he know, he isn't, he's just making himself look like the asshole he is.

• Like 1
  • Love 14

It sounds like what Christine wanted: Kody giving her sole ownership of the house and she turning over her ownership interest in Coyote Pass is what happened. 

I'm sure it still bothers Kody that we wasn't able to bully Christine into giving up the house money and Coyote pass.  

Fast forward to today and I'm sure Kody wasn't included in Logon's stag party, which likely included alcohol, and it reminded him that he only has Robin and shares in some undeveloped land.

There is no patriarchy. There is no worship at the altar of Kody.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

By @Yeah No from the Spoiler and Social media topic.

This is one thing that keeps us all divided here on the forum: Does he really have no clue about how he comes across and that people are doubting his sanity? Or is he indeed playing us all for the sake of the show?

Agree completely.

I will add my thought to this answer as well. I think that Kody thinks all this time that he is the star of the whole show and his true desire is to show people in the audience that men actually have a much harder life within polygamy than the women, but the men do not get attention or sympathy.

I think he was shocked that people did not follow him to Vegas to form a community with him and I think he is perplexed that no one followed him to Flagstaff because he said to get everyone to follow...he only needed to find somewhere pretty. He really does sit back in his well worn "man chair" and consider himself to be a great leader when that is the furthest thing from the truth.

• Like 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

He really does sit back in his well worn "man chair" and consider himself to be a great leader when that is the furthest thing from the truth.

I wonder if Christine took his worn "man chair" to Utah.  Perhaps for the dog.

• LOL 10

You know what was funny in the episode where he declared that from now on he was the patriarch? He made Janelle.ask each wife if she could park the trailer on their land. If he was truly the patriarch he would just give his permission to go ahead and do it. But he's a laZy bastard and put it on her to ask everyone.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, MsMalin said:

You know what was funny in the episode where he declared that from now on he was the patriarch? He made Janelle.ask each wife if she could park the trailer on their land. If he was truly the patriarch he would just give his permission to go ahead and do it. But he's a laZy bastard and put it on her to ask everyone.

That’s Kody in a nut shell!

He’s never actually taken the lead…. even in the early days he sat back and let the wives fight it out, he’s made it very clear several times that he should have stepped in and set Meri straight when she bullied the other wives and their kids.

When it was Meri, Janelle and Christine at odds he just sat back with his popcorn and watched the fireworks but when Princess Robyn came along that all changed, he wouldn’t stand for Christine’s jealousy of Robyn, he won’t stand for Janelles boys saying Robyn is his favorite… when it comes to anyone dissing Robyn the gloves are off and it’s a brawl even if it means attacking his own sons or refusing to accompany his daughter for spinal surgery if it inconveniences Robyn.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 5

He is playing us for the sake of the show. If you look at the social media and the pictures from Logan's recent wedding, it is obvious that he is in a monogamous relationship with Robyn. The other three "wives" are living independent lives. This show is 90% bullshit.

I also believe he has good relationships with some of the kids and horrible relationships with some of the kids. I don't think he was ever an involved father, and I think Gabe's tears are real. I think Christine has been the second parent to most of Janelle's children, and I also believe that Mykelti developed a good relationship with Robyn at some point and she is likely the most amiable of Kody's kids, who sees him whenever. 

The show is just a mix of real life and made up drama.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

As I said in another thread (or maybe this one, lol), I wonder what has gone down in this past year, between this season and real time?

Kody never misses a chance to be important so I don't think he would voluntarily give up sitting with Janelle at Logan's wedding.

And if Janelle has left Kody in addition to Christine, where does that leave Meri? I know Meri is a mean bitch, but I can't help but feel bad for her if the entire family has no desire to include her.

And it also sucks that Kody, an asshole through and through, is sitting pretty with his prize wife and a mansion.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I’m fine with Kody not being in the front row. 😁🤣

Me too. But if they were filming for the show, he probably would have insisted to be front and center. He and Robyn are a monogamous couple. Christine has escaped, Meri is banished and Janelle is too lazy to complain. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I think Janelle rather than being too lazy simply doesn't care about Kody any more.  He can be around for filming or if he's useful, otherwise she seems done with him.

As we saw in the RV-leveling episode, he is not useful, but more trouble than he's worth. Janelle learned on her own how to change the hose to the other water tank - she should have started doing that sort of thing years ago rather than thinking testosterone was required.

The flashback of Gabe & Kootie log-pilling didn't show the whole clip where Gabe was crying when describing the time when they'd all isolated for 14 days so Kootie could/would visit, but he didn't because he didn't trust Janelle, but did include the part that he doesn't trust any of them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

I'm sure "needing" Kody was a learned behavior by all the wives. It was a way to get more time with him and to prove they matter. I bet Christine was the winner in this category. Just another reason to hate polygamy.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BAForever said:

Me too. But if they were filming for the show, he probably would have insisted to be front and center. He and Robyn are a monogamous couple. Christine has escaped, Meri is banished and Janelle is too lazy to complain. 

I’m pretty sure that Logan and Michelle did not give permission to film for the show. They were vocal about it at the time of their engagement. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

This has probably been said before but Ill say it again.

In monogamous marriages, if you have a fight or a problem you are kind of forced to face and resolve it. In the case of the Brown plural marriage, Kody  is able to ignore it and just walk away so the problems never get resolved. He always has someone to run to. Over time that gets old for the neglected wives.

Christine is on his shitlist now, so Meri is back in the "fond of friend" category but he still doesn't care if she finds another man. And he looks pretty pissed at Janelle in the previews so Robin is the chosen wife. She will be content because they have more.or.less a monogamous relationship.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

He’s never actually taken the lead…. even in the early days he sat back and let the wives fight it out, he’s made it very clear several times that he should have stepped in and set Meri straight when she bullied the other wives and their kids.

Yes yes yes!

He wants to pawn any actual decision-making off on the wives. If they get it wrong, he's absolved of any responsibility.

If the decisions turn out to have been good ones, he wants the credit since he's the "patriarch."

• Applause 10
  • Love 6
On 10/24/2022 at 3:52 AM, Elodia said:

I know right?! He was kicking his legs like a donkey on speed. And here he is, thinking he's the world's best dancer.

I'm surprised he never went on Dancing With The Stars. Imagine all the attention he'd get. He'd love it. But seriously, it would be nice to see a professional tone him down and humble him about what a crap dancer he really is. With some strict handling and direction, he might actually be good at it.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6