Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, lindalouwho said:

God, I love Reddit. One poster called this “the Wish version of a husband.” Another said “my ovaries just packed a bag and took my uterus with them.”

snorting coffee out my nose.

5FC17007-3C27-49EB-889F-0865DDB28B87.jpeg

Gross.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, lindalouwho said:

God, I love Reddit. One poster called this “the Wish version of a husband.” Another said “my ovaries just packed a bag and took my uterus with them.”

snorting coffee out my nose.

5FC17007-3C27-49EB-889F-0865DDB28B87.jpeg

Far left photo in the blue shirt.  If you put your thumb over the man bun, he not a bad looking guy with the shorter hair.  He would look so much better if he would just shave that mess off his head.  He's not a bad looking person, but that hair.

• Like 1
  • Love 16

As I was a bit bored, I scoured the internet for news on Sister Wives. I came across Nicki Swift's website who has several articles on Sister Wives. I found the following tongue in cheek remark so funny and very spot on: 

Throughout the years, fans might have noticed that Kody Brown suffers from foot-in-mouth disease. A lot of Kody's comments are off the cuff and it's a rare day that he doesn't offend one of his wives with something he said.

For what it's worth, the same article referred to Kody being an incredible hothead (no surprise here) and that Robyn can no longer control him when he is like that and now ignores him when he is like that. And that she's sometimes afraid. Now I do know the general consensus is that Robyn is in charge which I believe too. But we have also seen his freaking out over nothing and his beady eyes moving scary and frantically during the show and in the interviews. So I tend to believe there is an element of truth in it.

Here's the article if you're interested. Most we already know btw. https://www.nickiswift.com/109547/untold-truth-sister-wives-kody-brown/

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

As I was a bit bored, I scoured the internet for news on Sister Wives. I came across Nicki Swift's website who has several articles on Sister Wives. I found the following tongue in cheek remark so funny and very spot on: 

Throughout the years, fans might have noticed that Kody Brown suffers from foot-in-mouth disease. A lot of Kody's comments are off the cuff and it's a rare day that he doesn't offend one of his wives with something he said.

For what it's worth, the same article referred to Kody being an incredible hothead (no surprise here) and that Robyn can no longer control him when he is like that and now ignores him when he is like that. And that she's sometimes afraid. Now I do know the general consensus is that Robyn is in charge which I believe too. But we have also seen his freaking out over nothing and his beady eyes moving scary and frantically during the show and in the interviews. So I tend to believe there is an element of truth in it.

Here's the article if you're interested. Most we already know btw. https://www.nickiswift.com/109547/untold-truth-sister-wives-kody-brown/

Those bankruptcy numbers are appalling!  Scammers, indeed.  Good article.

• Love 12

The finances of this family has always fascinated me. Meri and Christine I can maybe write off all their shills and show money could possibly fund their current lifestyles.  Janelle, while maybe not as successful shilling, can probably be happy living on $8/month, so let’s say her lifestyle is taken care of at this point (I don’t know if any of that is true, but since this is Kody’s thread I wanted to focus on him and I guess Robyn by default.)

I have no idea what Kody makes, but I guess his jobs are the show and whatever he does in sales.  I would guess his money is used to take care of him, Robyn, and all of her kids (5). I doubt there is a family pot at this point or if so it is very limited. Besides late property tax payments, has it been reported that Kody is being chased by creditors or anything like that? I mean Robyn doesn’t seem to do anything besides the show, so I’m assuming her cut could also be used, but is it possible they could be pretty much up-to-date with things?  

I don’t expect retirement savings, but I haven’t heard about any bankruptcies since the  show started. I would assume the nanny and her husband wouldn’t work for free, so she/they are being paid.  I haven’t heard about any car repossessions. I guess basically what I’m asking is whether it is plausible that Kody could actually now afford his lifestyle since he is basically down to 1 wife and 5 “kids”?

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

The finances of this family has always fascinated me. Meri and Christine I can maybe write off all their shills and show money could possibly fund their current lifestyles.  Janelle, while maybe not as successful shilling, can probably be happy living on $8/month, so let’s say her lifestyle is taken care of at this point (I don’t know if any of that is true, but since this is Kody’s thread I wanted to focus on him and I guess Robyn by default.)

I have no idea what Kody makes, but I guess his jobs are the show and whatever he does in sales.  I would guess his money is used to take care of him, Robyn, and all of her kids (5). I doubt there is a family pot at this point or if so it is very limited. Besides late property tax payments, has it been reported that Kody is being chased by creditors or anything like that? I mean Robyn doesn’t seem to do anything besides the show, so I’m assuming her cut could also be used, but is it possible they could be pretty much up-to-date with things?  

I don’t expect retirement savings, but I haven’t heard about any bankruptcies since the  show started. I would assume the nanny and her husband wouldn’t work for free, so she/they are being paid.  I haven’t heard about any car repossessions. I guess basically what I’m asking is whether it is plausible that Kody could actually now afford his lifestyle since he is basically down to 1 wife and 5 “kids”?

That's where I'm at, I believe they have a lot more money than what everyone thought. Even though Christine at one point said they were "drowningk financially", their spending seems to have stayed high.

They laid out a ton for Robyn's house, the lot next to her house, CP property and Christine's house once they got to Flag, and they still were paying a fortune for the Vegas homes for months and months and also however many uhauls full of their crap they parked at CP.

Plus the cost of getting into rentals, changing to new rentals when those sold. Moving, with deposits and renting trucks or movers, is expensive. (Wasn't it two moves in Flag for Meri, Janelle and Robyn?) Then add in Janelle's RV summer rental and services, and then her winter apartment, Kody's new truck (and didn't he get a tractor?), all of their vehicle leases, the office or whatever they rent, the amount of travel most of them do, college for a bunch of the kids, and so on and so forth. All of that takes a ton of money.

The reports, of Kody deciding to take a pay cut to keep the show on the air, doesn't match with the large amounts of money they still throw around. I'm still very skeptical that the reported decrease in pay actually happened.

I simply cannot imagine Kody was wise or smart enough to make good investments, unless he has a financial planner doing that part? I vaguely remember him saying something about investments before, I think regarding paying for either schooling or weddings.

Meri appears to make bank, so would Kody pressure or guilt her into sharing some?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Meri appears to make bank, so would Kody pressure or guilt her into sharing some?

Yeah, no, I don't see Meri sharing anything with the fambly. She has been ostracized and if it were me... tough luck on you schmucks who want to pool your $$. Frankly I really doubt besides the show money that any other income is pooled any more.

• Love 13

The reports, of Kody deciding to take a pay cut to keep the show on the air, doesn't match with the large amounts of money they still throw around. I'm still very skeptical that the reported decrease in pay actually happened.

You would be amazed at what they can afford if they just take a payment on everything and put no money down. I have family members who do this. If your income is above a certain amount, they will keep approving you for financing and loans even if you have nothing saved and have payments everywhere. I am betting Kody does this. The whole Brown family appears to be awful at finances, since they don't even realize that health insurance is one of the first things you should buy after housing and food when you have money. I think they all have ridiculous payments. The rental Christine is sitting in is said to be worth a million dollars, which means she has to be paying a lot in rent for only herself and Truely. 

They are smart to take whatever pay cut they need to to stay on the air. The show keeps them semi-famous, which creates a pool of customers for their MLMs and other side hustles.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 3/18/2022 at 12:05 PM, Kellyee said:

You would be amazed at what they can afford if they just take a payment on everything and put no money down. I have family members who do this. If your income is above a certain amount, they will keep approving you for financing and loans even if you have nothing saved and have payments everywhere. I am betting Kody does this. The whole Brown family appears to be awful at finances, since they don't even realize that health insurance is one of the first things you should buy after housing and food when you have money. I think they all have ridiculous payments. The rental Christine is sitting in is said to be worth a million dollars, which means she has to be paying a lot in rent for only herself and Truely. 

They are smart to take whatever pay cut they need to to stay on the air. The show keeps them semi-famous, which creates a pool of customers for their MLMs and other side hustles.

This! As I said a while ago, assets are no proof of wealth.  A house can have a huge mortgage, cars can be leased, the newest phones come with contracts. Virtually everything can be leased actually and stuff that cannot be leased, can be bought on credit cards that are hardly paid off. And then there are normal loans of course. So, your house can be full of expensive stuff you haven’t paid for.

.If they really were as wealthy as some people claim, Robyn wouldn’t have had that lien put on her house (Dayton’s accident) and Christine would not be still paying for Truley’s hospital stay 6 years ago. And why would Robyn and Kody have taken 2 loans of close to 150k within 2 years? Surely, wealthy people would not have such issues, would they?

• Love 17

Kody does seem to be increasingly angry. With all I know from the show, I can understand some of his attitude change. 

Their elders are dying. He is experiencing empty nest, whether he acknowledges it to himself or not. His sons are entering their "prime", while BigDaddy trudges over the hill. 

His choice of home - his soul mate has had some hard years, losing her younger brother, possibly to suicide, her stepdad's health declining until his recent death. That would take a toll on anyone. Now,  compassion aside, I wonder if Kody's negativity stems from Robyn's oh so subtle way of insinuating her opinions while she compliantly  "listens" to her man, and helps him to communicate his feelings.

He's always been a d*ck, but now he looks as angry as she looks sad and angry.

• Love 16

I fully agree with you @Art Of Noiz that there are things that take its toll on someone's life, especially when they keep on adding up. It doesn't make your life any easier.

But... the things you mention are sad, yet fairly standard facts of life for anyone over (let's give it a random number) 50 years of age. It's the time where kids move out, you yourself are past your prime and need to start dealing with the facts of getting older, you lose parents and other (ageing) relatives etc. Quite often, it's also the time where you start looking back on your life and become aware of missed opportunities or the realisation that your life hasn't turned out the way you expected. 

It's perfectly fine to struggle with those things, but it is not ok to constantly take it out on your loved ones. Especially when it involves putting the blame of your misery and your own mistakes on them.

• Like 1
  • Love 16
19 hours ago, LilyD said:

I fully agree with you @Art Of Noiz that there are things that take its toll on someone's life, especially when they keep on adding up. It doesn't make your life any easier.

But... the things you mention are sad, yet fairly standard facts of life for anyone over (let's give it a random number) 50 years of age. It's the time where kids move out, you yourself are past your prime and need to start dealing with the facts of getting older, you lose parents and other (ageing) relatives etc. Quite often, it's also the time where you start looking back on your life and become aware of missed opportunities or the realisation that your life hasn't turned out the way you expected. 

It's perfectly fine to struggle with those things, but it is not ok to constantly take it out on your loved ones. Especially when it involves putting the blame of your misery and your own mistakes on them.

I suspect Kody was always a pr*ck. Even in the earliest seasons during couch convos, he seemed to signal the OG, by tapping his fingers, or cutting his eyes at them. And Robyn is a horrible awful person. But I think the OG dynamic was more balanced, and possibly healthier for Kody. Not that I personally care..I think those 2 deserve each other. I hope they fight to the death, nothing left after the implosion but a ridiculous crispy curl hairpiece and some mangled MSWC real silver necklaces. Ahh best season finale fantasy ever!

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

He is someone who should never have had kids, let alone 18 (or however many they've got now) or a wife/wives). He's far too immature (at 50+!)

There seems to be this "typical group of guys"  that are incredibly immature but believe otherwise because they always have girlfriends and have no problem fathering kids. Those guys typically have multiple kids with multiple wives and abandon them all at an early stage. This scenario repeats itself over and over again. My cousin is a perfect example: 5 kids with 3 different mothers and he was out of their lives when those kids were still infants. (God knows, he might have more now. I haven't seen him in 10 years) 

Anyway, Kody really seems to fit that bill. I guess no one ever told him that parenting is more than just fathering a child!

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

With Robyn in charge, everything has gone to heck. She can't organize her way out of a plastic bag, cries over everything instead of doing anything, mainsplains (polygsplains?) everything but doesn't live the bs she spouts. She's a lazy, manipulative, sneaky, petty backstabber who only thinks of herself, her kids and what her immediate family needs/wants/what she can get, and doesn't give a hoot about the family as a whole.

This reminds me of the day they were moving to Flagstaff and it was time to leave but Robyn was taking her supplements, one at a time, out of a dozen or more plastic bags & bottles while talking to the camera about how she needed to give Areola a bath ... while the rest of the fambly waited.  Meri would have had those things arranged in pill caddies and ready to go 2 weeks before the trip! 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Love 14
35 minutes ago, deirdra said:

This reminds me of the day they were moving to Flagstaff and it was time to leave but Robyn was taking her supplements, one at a time, out of a dozen or more plastic bags & bottles while talking to the camera about how she needed to give Areola a bath ... while the rest of the fambly waited.  Meri would have had those things arranged in pill caddies and ready to go 2 weeks before the trip! 

That was so bizarre… Robyn fishing around for the bottles and opening each container one at a time, then blabbering about Areola, needing help and then getting the vapors as non-existent tears flowed while she braced herself in the doorway or whatever…. Such a drama Queen! 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Oh yes, that entire performance was so passive aggressive! It seemed that she expected the magic fairies (ie: all of the other wives and kids) to pack up her house for her so she didn't have to lift a finger. She's too pretty to cook, and also too pretty to pack her million tchotchkes and supplements! She didn't want sister wives, she wanted staff.

Didn't they have a moving day set and she suddenly decided they had to wait for a different day, for no good reason, and they did?

• Love 22
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Oh yes I remember! Her "prioritising" matters was cringeworthy! One thing I also noticed that she was nowhere near to being ready to move! There was stuff everywhere, I'm sure an indoor hurricane would have caused less mess.

I've moved more than I can count, including 5 moves with young kids and I so do NOT understand that chaos the Browns create when they move. (Well, a lot of people do that actually!) You work room by room: Move into a room, start packing 1 cupboard/bookshelf etc at a time. Once everything is packed, get the hell out of that room and move into the next. Kitchen is always last and 90% can be packed in advance. Just leave enough so you can eat (a takeaway) and drink. Oh and coffee machines are always packed last and unpacked first😉

PS A move is the perfect occasion to declutter! It's unbelievable how much stuff you own that you do not need!

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Reading the last few posts, I'm wondering if Robyn's inability to focus is a sign of deeper issues. She sounds like my mom. In her late 40s she was given Ritalin to calm her down. It helped her focus. My sister was the same as a child, only able to see a small area at a time. I did most of the organising. With meds, my sissy is better. Just me rambling.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Oh yes I remember! Her "prioritising" matters was cringeworthy! One thing I also noticed that she was nowhere near to being ready to move! There was stuff everywhere, I'm sure an indoor hurricane would have caused less mess.

I've moved more than I can count, including 5 moves with young kids and I so do NOT understand that chaos the Browns create when they move. (Well, a lot of people do that actually!) You work room by room: Move into a room, start packing 1 cupboard/bookshelf etc at a time. Once everything is packed, get the hell out of that room and move into the next. Kitchen is always last and 90% can be packed in advance. Just leave enough so you can eat (a takeaway) and drink. Oh and coffee machines are always packed last and unpacked first😉

PS A move is the perfect occasion to declutter! It's unbelievable how much stuff you own that you do not need!

Makes a lot of sense to de-clutter.  Considering they had plenty of time to do it.  This wasn't a," we are moving in three days" .  ALike you said, she could have packed up all her stuff around the house that is not vital for day to day use.  Pack away clothes not being worn. 

I believe when they moved her to Lehi, Maddie was sent down to help her pack up, she still wasn't finished when they got their with the moving truck.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Reading the last few posts, I'm wondering if Robyn's inability to focus is a sign of deeper issues. She sounds like my mom. In her late 40s she was given Ritalin to calm her down. It helped her focus. My sister was the same as a child, only able to see a small area at a time. I did most of the organising. With meds, my sissy is better. Just me rambling.

I didn't think of that, and it could be possible. I'm actually considering getting checked out myself, at my advanced age, because I've always had issues, but my coping skills were able to keep pace, but aren't now. I've also had problems getting my deep depression addressed, as none of the meds we've tried have made a dent. One of my friends recently suggested I finally go get checked for inattentive adhd, as she's said for years she believes I have it, and I just might if I can focus and remember to make some calls lol!

1 hour ago, LilyD said:

If I ever have to move again, I hope you'll come and help me! 😆 When we moved across the country, I got rid of so. much. stuff! It felt a bit sad at first, but then was so freeing. I really want to do a big purge again soon.

Didn't Robyn have two giant uhauls just for her house, or am I making that up? All of the wives have so much stuff, I can't imagine how much it has cost them to move it all from place to place.

• Love 7

Kootie has stated that two of his wives have too much stuff.  RobChyn (because she's "too pretty" to downsize/ha!) and Meri, of course.

Poor Kootie!  I'm sure he has a lot of stuff, too.  Just what he had at Christine's packed up looked like a lot.  I wish Christine had had a bonfire with his crap.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

I agree with almost everything you said here except for the coffee pot.
My parents moved multiple times with young kids and last packed and first moved in was beds. They were set up before everything else and each bed had the sheets, pillows and pajamas for who was going to sleep there. She also had another bag with towels, soap and shampoo so when you had had enough you could shower and go to bed. I have always done this when I moved and it works great.

To me Meri had the ability to organize the move and make everything easier but since no one paid any attention to her by  this time we watched a chaotic horrible move that stressed everyone out. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

I think Robochin leaves everything to the last minute on purpose that way trucks are waiting and it’s a panic to get everything onboard and get on the road…. That way Kody will assign others to step in and help while Robyn gets to stand back fake crying and pretending to have an anxiety attack 🙄

why on earth did she need Maddie to help her pack? She already had Dayun and AROARa to help her and Brianna was old enough to toss toys, books etc into boxes…. It’s not like she was pregnant or crippled, she should have packed everything herself…. She’s such a lazy hag

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Shelbie said:

I agree with almost everything you said here except for the coffee pot.
My parents moved multiple times with young kids and last packed and first moved in was beds.

That was tongue in cheek. But trust me, a cup of coffee works miracles when lots of stuff needs to be done. Though I fully agree with you that beds come first! (after the coffee machine 😜)

2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

If I ever have to move again, I hope you'll come and help me! 😆

Sure, drop me a line😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I was just talking to my son the other day about moving. All my immediate family is in CA, I'm in MT. They want me to move back, but I'm not interested in living in CA again. At this point in my life, not interested in packing either. I told him if I had to move, I would probably just walk away from everything. There are maybe 6 things I'd want to take...

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I was just talking to my son the other day about moving. All my immediate family is in CA, I'm in MT. They want me to move back, but I'm not interested in living in CA again. At this point in my life, not interested in packing either. I told him if I had to move, I would probably just walk away from everything. There are maybe 6 things I'd want to take...

Yeah - but all your stuff has to get out of your house somehow. If you aren't going to pack it up and take it with you, you have to toss it, donate it, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Yeah - but all your stuff has to get out of your house somehow. If you aren't going to pack it up and take it with you, you have to toss it, donate it, etc. 

Or set it on fire?? LOL, just kidding.....

• LOL 3

Here's something to ponder. I'm watching The Dead Files. According to several business owners and residents of Flagstaff, there is a lot of paranormal activity. Maybe! Grody picked up some angry energy after the move. 👻.  I present - shortly after Vegas move/shortly after Flagstaff move. Hmmm.

20220403_133224.jpg

• LOL 14
On 3/25/2022 at 8:38 PM, Elizzikra said:

1-800-GOT-JUNK.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 4/3/2022 at 8:45 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

Here's something to ponder. I'm watching The Dead Files. According to several business owners and residents of Flagstaff, there is a lot of paranormal activity. Maybe! Grody picked up some angry energy after the move. 👻.  I present - shortly after Vegas move/shortly after Flagstaff move. Hmmm.

20220403_133224.jpg

We all know how he changed but seeing Kody and Kody on steroids next to each other is....disturbing and downright scary. How much negativity and anger can there possibly be in that head? 

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, LilyD said:

We all know how he changed but seeing Kody and Kody on steroids next to each other is....disturbing and downright scary. How much negativity and anger can there possibly be in that head? 

The stressed energy he gives off is that of a cornered rat.  He is obviously not cut out for polygamy, it's a little late in the game to now come to this conclusion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 4/3/2022 at 1:45 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

20220403_133224.jpg

Haha!!  Hubby and I watched it too and said the same thing! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Just watched a YouTube video by Introvert Queen.  How Kody's Favoritism destroyed a family.  It's a bit long at 47 minutes but very telling.  This is the person they need, to ask the hard hitting questions.

I watched it at 1.5X since she talks soooo slowly.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 3/8/2022 at 3:09 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Far left photo in the blue shirt.  If you put your thumb over the man bun, he not a bad looking guy with the shorter hair.  He would look so much better if he would just shave that mess off his head.  He's not a bad looking person, but that hair.

He could cut it like Paedon. 

• Love 8

Meri would have had that entire cul-de-sac packed up in one week if she was in charge. Then on moving day each kid would be lined up in family coordinated colors with a backpack filled with snacks, water and whatever age appropriate things they needed for the trip.

I can picture her now, with the Von Trapp family whistle. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 4/3/2022 at 2:45 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

20220403_133224.jpg

Maybe 1 of Robyn’s figurines possessed him !!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Meri would have had that entire cul-de-sac packed up in one week if she was in charge. Then on moving day each kid would be lined up in family coordinated colors with a backpack filled with snacks, water and whatever age appropriate things they needed for the trip.

I can picture her now, with the Von Trapp family whistle. 

Meri does get things done.  When Maddie put Meri in charge of the procession at her wedding, it afforded me one of the few LOL moments I have had from this show.

You would have thought it was a royal wedding or a presidential inauguration. Meri took on the task with determination to get it RIGHT!  She raced up and down the line in her sensible wedgies, clipboard in hand, barking orders to all and sundry.  She was in her glory.🤹‍♀️

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

You would have thought it was a royal wedding or a presidential inauguration. Meri took on the task with determination to get it RIGHT!  She raced up and down the line in her sensible wedgies, clipboard in hand, barking orders to all and sundry.  She was in her glory.🤹‍♀️

That is exactly what it was like.  Meri was up at the crack of dawn with her clipboard and sensible shoes.  Meanwhile Mother of the Bride Janelle went fishing and shambled over to the wedding as if she was some guest's plus one.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Someone on Reddit posed an interesting question. She asked...

How should Kody have handled it?

He felt that he was called to plural marriage as a young man. He married three women and had several children. Fast forward 15 years and he meets and falls in love with the one and only woman he wants to be with. He doesn't want to leave the other wives because of his lifestyle. So what does he do?

One thing I know is I can't stand Kody and what he did is definitely not right. He treated the first 3 wives and their kids horribly. But, what should he have done? I don't know the answer.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Oh dear almost fell down the rabbit hole of Reddit! most of what I saw there our wonderful posters have already shared here...that place is not any place I want to go again...

• Love 7