Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

Sounds like Kootie resents the restrictions his religion put on him and his lack of a "carefree" social-life-filled young adulthood, and wants his kids to suffer as he had. Well, he could've forced THEM to take mission trips themselves if he'd been any kind of leader that he thinks he is.

I am not in any way saying people should force or indoctrinate their kids to do whatever their own religion dictates, just saying I think Kootie is jealous that his own kids have more freedom (which is funny because I understand most parents want their kids to have BETTER lives than they had, but Kootie seems resentful that they do)--when he could've forced them into his own life's path if he'd been any sort of parent to them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

@LuvMyShows posted an interesting article about a (decent) polygamist called Brady Williams who had his own show some years back. I found the following quote pretty interesting in regard to Kody: 

Brady goes on to estimate that 90-95% of polygamist marriages are not entered to out of love, but in order to get power, and make sure they can get into heaven and become a God there. According to fundamentalist Mormon doctrine, iif a man does not have multiple wives, he can only be an angel in heaven.

I’m starting to understand why he keeps Meri on the side-line with the risk of spending eternity with her on his planet. And love apparently isn’t important at all which explains his attitude towards Christine and Meri. Oh and it also explains his shitty attitude as being a good and kind doesn’t get you into Heaven. You just need a whole bunch of (sister) wives.

On a whole other note: Not sure if Heaven is the place I want to be if that means living for eternity in the ungracious presence of The Holy Lord Kody😬😇

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Does anyone know how (un)popular Kody is on Cameo? I’d love to know how often he is booked compared to his wives, especially Christine. 

What really amuses me, is to see how Christine has cashed in on her status as a brave super mom and ex-wife. She even manages to make a lot of money by selling her hand-me-downs/discarded trash to fans! And from what I read out here, it’s very popular and selling fast!

In the meantime Kody is stuck with two wives that do not work and one being very high maintenance. And the 2 that actually do bring in the money have been cut loose! Kody must be pulling out the few strains of hair he has left!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Does anyone know how (un)popular Kody is on Cameo?

He has 20 reviews, Christine has 305. 😁 She has 765 fans, he has 306. Not the best measure, but that’s all I’ve got!!

• Useful 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

In my option, that ass hat does not deserve any of those women.  In my option, he wanted them for 1 purpose and 1 purpose only.  In my option, that is to inflate his already over inflated ego by producing more kids for him.  In my option, when they are done with that purpose then he is done with them.  Robin may still want more children, so she is still "worthy" of his affections.  In my option, he abandoned all of the other wives a long time ago.  Covid was the perfect excuse to neglect and ignore his wives and children.  In my option, he blames Meri, Christine, and Janelle for not being obedient wives when he has never been the spiritual, emotional, and physical leader of any of their households.  Making an appearance at each household does not make you a father.  Any sperm donor can do that.  In my option, his relationship with all of the other wives and children is conditional love.  If they follow his every wish and command, then they are worthy his presence.  In my option, he will take on more wives to help him to feed his ego.  In my option, here will be more children in his future because he is immature and associates fathering children with being a real man.  In my option, Meri did not have an affair.  In my option, Kody kicked her to the curb when she could not have any more children.  He was not even willing to entertain the idea of other methods to conceive with Meri.  I do not believe in polygamy but no women deserves to be mistreated based only on their ability to obey and be subservient to any man.  In my option, all of the wives need to kick his ass to the curb and carry on without him.  In my option, he needs to get a job and support all of those women and children like a real man would.  The only ones that even try to product an income are the women.  

• Love 1

Random thought; If hair is such a big thing for Kody, why hasn’t he opted for a hair transplant? I’m sure it would make for great ratings! I mean, he’s got this amazing mansion-ATM that keeps spitting money, so money shouldn’t be the issue here…

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Random thought; If hair is such a big thing for Kody, why hasn’t he opted for a hair transplant? I’m sure it would make for great ratings! I mean, he’s got this amazing mansion-ATM that keeps spitting money, so money shouldn’t be the issue here…

In one of the very early seasons, he did own up to having transplants in the front.  In certain photos the tufts are very obvious.

• Useful 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

In a recent episode, Ysabel nailed it.  "His priorities are screwed up."  (paraphrased)

For instance, her pea-brained sperm donor spends money on his fucked-up mess of ramen noodles, instead of, oh, I dunno, getting health insurance for HIS kids.

It pisses me off when that rat bastard calls twelve children that HE fathered, "Christine's kids," or "Janelle's kids."  Asshole.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

What screams in my head and sometimes out loud, Kody!! You do not care, see or worry about your kids.  You should be thanking the wives that do.  They would not have any form of family if they did not.  Quit belittling the the women that can stand on their own and raise your kids.  They are single parents and have not required any outside help to produce wonderful people.

• Love 12

Meri was the first sister wife to feel isolated and now Christina, and Janelle is questioning her relationship with Kody too.

Maybe Kody needs to look at his own actions.

• Love 4

I get Kody’s frustration with family members who don’t comply with covid precautions, however, his behavior seems off the charts even for that?  I’m not sure what’s really fueling it.  Robyn? Idk.  It seems more than that.  Could it really be from years of resentment against all the wives?  Idk.  He just seems unhinged.  I hope he’s getting some therapy.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I agree Kody is egotistical, but I think Kody might actually be at the point where he doesn’t want anymore wives, UNLESS the show depends on it.  I really think he can barely keep up physically with one wife and mentally none.  I also think it’s finally dawned on him, unless something changes he’s going to be 8000 years old before he retires if he and Robyn keep up with their lifestyle choices. I think he’s tired of little Aerosol Can swinging from the rafters at 3 am and unless Sol starts pumping iron in a couple of years I can see Kody losing interest in him once he hits tweenhood. I do think that for WHATEVER reason he somewhat “loves” Robyn but will, if he doesn’t already, come to resent her. If only because he has run out of wives and it’s never his fault.

I picture Kody’s future something like this:

Kody will trek over to Janelle’s once or twice a month for hotdogs and whatever vegetable the dog didn’t eat off the floor.  He will grumble to Janelle about the spirit babies not getting jobs and ask why the majority of the kids send Logan a Father’s Day card instead of him. Kody will ask Janelle if his ponytail (3 strains of hair) still looks good.  Janelle will lie and feign a growl.  Kody will reminisce fondly about his missing hairline, while Janelle daydreams about the ice cream she can plow through once Kody gets his ass off her sofa and back to his house.

On his way home from Janelle’s, Kody takes the scenic route hoping to get home late enough to avoid Robyn searching through his pockets for any loose change he may have found in Janelle’s bean bag chair. As he speeds by Meri’s, he notices her through the window gazing at filtered photos of herself awkwardly dancing on a Lulurags cruise.  Meri knows the cruise is over, but she can still smell the mixture of broken dreams and funky polyester-fueled BO that permeated the air that night. Kody rushes down the street past Meri’s mailbox, where she faithfully places a stale Rice Krispie treat, hoping to lure Kody back someday.  Old Meri doesn’t realize, Kody was never into Rice Krispie treats, but preferred stolen broken cookie crumbs that only he could magically regenerate.  

On the way back to Robyn’s, he realizes he can no longer drive by Christine’s to wreak havoc because she is somewhere in Utah shilling Lulu rag koozies for Plexus water bottles. He wonders what they’re doing.  He wonders if they miss him.  The Lulu checks not Christine and the kids.  He realizes he better get home before the Precious Moments objet d'art tell Robyn he’s late for curfew.

Kody scurries in by a 40-year-old Day’un, who is lounging around while only being able to work 12 minutes a week at Brown Family Entertainment sketching new non-existent pieces for the defunct MSWC website.  Despite having a quadruple degree, Day’un is limited to a 12 minute work week because it simply stresses Robyn out too much to think Day’un might actually be able to function in the world without her. 

Kody will spend the rest of his night locked in his man closet because Robyn refuses to have the figurines and spirit babies give up their rooms to allow him a man cave.  Kody is now in his 70s frantically looking for new ways to refinance his home, so he can afford used Ed Hardy shirts off Ebay.  He’ll lie to himself and say he always wanted a lantern-jaw barrel-curled dark-haired Nellie Oleson knock-off, who has a weird fascination with mixing frumpy tops and extra long Victoria’s Secret jEEns. He will grumble loudly at being called to carry whichever grown child or spirit baby is currently having a fainting spell, but Robyn still knowing how to placate him will order 20 year old Aerosol Can to fashion Kody’s 3 remaining hairs, so they can have matching father and daughter mullets.  Of course Kody won’t address the pink elephant in the room of little AC only being allowed to use safety scissors on his inglorious mane because Robyn worries real scissors are too dangerous for AC. Being a social lubricant, things can get a little slippery, which is not good when you’re using scissors!

Kody casts little AC out of his closet so he can film his latest Cameo telling fans they can purchase baggies full of Coyote Pass dirt for a mere $199.95 each plus shipping (plague-filled dirt extra).  For his more spiritual customers, vials of “holy” water from the drainage ditch Brown Family Miracle Pond are now available. Each vial comes with an autographed 2x3 picture of Kody and one rennal wish from God, The Realtor. 

Many tears fall that night, Janelle’s when she realizes Kody ate the last hot dog, Meri when she realizes she’s out of bananas, Kody’s when he realizes Robyn spent the last of the home equity loan on a bottle of glycerin because she was tired of people of the interwebz saying she doesn’t have tears, and finally anybody in Arizona who has tried to rent a moving truck for the last 20 years because the Browns currently are using all of them for storage and will be for the rest of their lives or until the repo man comes, whichever comes first.

*These delusional theories were created by Irate Panda, but inspired the Browns.

🤣 😂 🏆 Your post is EVERYTHING! 🏅 😂 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

@Irate Panda, oh, how I have missed you....

panda-hi.gif

I know I’m not around as much, but Kody’s arrogance and stupidity spark just enough outrage to fuel my petty gene to go on my occasional rants 😂

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

He just seems unhinged.  I hope he’s getting some therapy.  

I agree, he seems super angry and off kilter.  I wish he (they) would get some therapy from someone besides Nancy, but I can’t see Kody ever taking any responsibility for the fault he had in all this mess.  I mean he’s essentially been monogamous for years, living in a mansion with his chosen family, and still seems unhappy and angry.  I can’t even blame the stress of the other 3 families because he’s seemingly done nothing for them but an occasional drive-by visit for filming purposes and seems to lack any empathy to be bothered to care what they think.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I get Kody’s frustration with family members who don’t comply with covid precautions, however, his behavior seems off the charts even for that?  I’m not sure what’s really fueling it.  Robyn? Idk.  It seems more than that.  Could it really be from years of resentment against all the wives?  Idk.  He just seems unhinged.  I hope he’s getting some therapy.  

I don't actually.  When all this started I respected the level of anxiety each person felt and the preparations that they wanted.  I had mine as well.  We just all worked together.   Actually had outside visits and leaving of groceries on doorsteps.  I didn't have Whatsapp then for video calls like I do now, but I would have done that.  There is no need for frustration, just cooperation.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

It's not about his family not complying with Covid rules; they do, just not in the way he wanted them to do it  (the lengthy document with outdated rules)  It also included not seeing anyone outside the fambly for fear of Covid but his Robyn's nanny was ok to come over because Kody vetted her safe (and Karma!! she brought Covid in.)

It's all about trying to be in control: He wants to dictate how they live, who they see, where they go and what they do. On top is his need for admiration and respect. And more and more kids (and wives) see he is totally undeserving of respect and admiration.

Right? After all Kody’s ridiculous ranting about his rules, HIS household is the one to get covid! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Not Buyin It said:

He "rewards" those members who are "loyal" to him by gracing them with his presence. 

Perhaps that's why Christine and Janelle kept increasing their efforts to piss him off.

• LOL 23
  • Love 1

There is no “right or “wrong”…it’s Kody’s world and they signed up to be subservient and obedient which means following his rules.  They can give input, but they believe their God wants them to follow one man and for his word to be final.  They feel jealous or alone when it’s not their turn in the rotation?  That’s the suffering their God wants and will reward them for in the afterlife.  They disobey his rules?  He metes out punishment.  They are supposed to suck it up, keep sweet and hope one day they’ll be in his favor again.

He didn’t dupe or brainwash ANY of his wives to happily agree to sharing him with as many women as their God sees fit to be “called” to join his harem.  The sold their souls to Reality TV, so all I hear from the adults whining about each other is sour grapes, scripted for the fans of their soap opera drama.  He probably still screws all of them, in a hazmat suit, of course.

Edited by kicotan
Spelling
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, kicotan said:

There is no “right or “wrong”…it’s Kody’s world and they signed up to be subservient and obedient which means following his rules.  They can give input, but they believe their God wants them to follow one man and for his word to be final.  They feel jealous or alone when it’s not their turn in the rotation?  That’s the suffering their God wants and will reward them for in the afterlife.  They disobey his rules?  He metes out punishment.  They are supposed to suck it up, keep sweet and hope one day they’ll be in his favor again.

You know, I never really looked at it this way but sadly, you have a true point here. They are (or were) indeed part of a "religion" that have very different, outdated and discriminating ideas about women. 

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if they hadn't signed up for reality tv. They would have stayed in their own polygamist AUB bubble in Lehi. I have a gut feeling that the years in Vegas (being away from their religion and living in a liberal environment) opened up the eyes of some women and definitely those of the kids.

That's a scary thought I'm realising now. What path would Logan, Hunter, Garrison and Gabe have chosen if the adults had managed to continue their brainwashing? As for the girls, at the time, only Mariah considered polygamy but it would not have surprised me if more Brown girls had ended up in plural marriages simply because they would likely have  met their future husbands within the church! And Mariah would have been forced to suppress her real self and be a dutiful wife to a dominating man... So in a way, this reality show was indeed one of the best things that could have happened to them. It did give the kids a chance for a normal future.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

They are (or were) indeed part of a "religion" that have very different, outdated and discriminating ideas about women. 

That's why cults isolate their women and children - it is easier to brainwash them if they don't see how the rest of the world lives. And make them fear outsiders before they interact with them at stores, hospitals, etc.  A store clerk making small talk was assumed to be prying into their lives by Janelle.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

You know, I never really looked at it this way but sadly, you have a true point here. They are (or were) indeed part of a "religion" that have very different, outdated and discriminating ideas about women. 

Yes they are, unfortunately and yet many mainstream religions operate the same way except they don’t have the shock value of polygyny to initiate scrutiny of their tenets, rules and regulations that blatantly subjugate women.

Since this isn’t the comparative religion forum and I don’t want to get in trouble for discussing anything unrelated to the Browns and their version of Mormonism I’m open to discussing this further through off thread messaging, if you are interested.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Let’s say Kody actually still believes in his religion despite nothing on the show fostering that idea…if I understand correctly it’s up to Kody to call his wives to Heaven or his planet if he has at least 3 wives.  If he does indeed call all the wives is there anything in Morman scripture which prevents him from shunning them once they’re there for lack of a better term.  I apologize if this is not worded correctly.

Basically is Kody suppose to bring them there because he loves them or because it’s his duty? Also, if he doesn’t call say Christine could her dad call her to his planet if she never got remarried and does Kody get a lesser planet because Christine is not on his planet?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

I also wonder if he calls a wife, can she refuse to come?  I can see Christine saying "No thank, Kody, I prefer limbo."

I also wonder if he has to have the three wives with him on his planet; maybe if he doesn't call all three it gets repossessed or he doesn't get as good a planet like Irate Panda suggests?  If he does need the three wives, that's another reason right there to marry again.  If he had to choose between Meri and Christine, I wonder which would he pick?

I sometimes think we ponder this more than Kody does.

Edited by Fosca
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

Ok, I’m on Season 1, episode 2. Is he driving a MIATA??? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, I had one and I will always love that car. I upgraded to a slightly larger convertible when I got a dog, much less umpteen however many children he has!!!

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

Ok, I’m on Season 1, episode 2. Is he driving a MIATA??? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, I had one and I will always love that car. I upgraded to a slightly larger convertible when I got a dog, much less umpteen however many children he has!!!

I didn't think it was a Miata but I wasn't paying attention. I agree with you, they are excellent cars. However, the two-seater thing was likely a feature, not a bug. That way he only has to deal with one (1) other person in the car at once and doesn't have to deal with having to cart around any of those pesky kids he sired. If he was cool enough he'd get a motorcycle. He's so fragile in his masculinity I'm surprised he hasn't tried. Maybe he has and was so bad at it he wouldn't allow it to be filmed.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

If it's the car I'm remembering from season 1, he responded to viewers who questioned the practicality of such a car, that he had won the car as a sales award from the sign company he worked for at the time.

Meanwhile, the wimmen folk were driving kids around in vehicles that seemed to be held together with sealing wax and string.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

was cool enough he'd get a motorcycle. He's so fragile in his masculinity I'm surprised he hasn't tried. Maybe he has and was so bad at it he wouldn't allow it to be filmed.

I seem to remember one episode where he and some friends or relatives did ride motorcycles.  They stopped at a bar and acted stupid it seems like and ordered water or something weird. It's been a long time since I've seen it,  so I might be confused.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

If it's the car I'm remembering from season 1, he responded to viewers who questioned the practicality of such a car, that he had won the car as a sales award from the sign company he worked for at the time.

Meanwhile, the wimmen folk were driving kids around in vehicles that seemed to be held together with sealing wax and string.

No Sandy W, you got it wrong, I think it was duct tape holding up the windows to the car. 🤣🤭

But there probably was other stuff holding things together.

• LOL 6

I think the “award” car is this one

image.thumb.png.f3421b583384cea7774ab4f417ca2501.png

but it seems Kody has a lot of cars like the one Joan posted plus  I think there was a black one too

image.thumb.jpeg.c62fb9666dd993584a3da13dc662133e.jpeg

xd6h6m1s59j81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Not sure if this was Meri or Kody’s car.  IIRC Kody said he need a nice car because was in sales, he didn’t explain why some of his wives had duct-taped cars

• LOL 8
  • Love 3