Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

Maybe Kody’s got andropause going on, he certainly has the irritability and mood swings. Also, if his testosterone is decreasing that’s even less motivation to have multiple sexual relationships going on.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 7

I think we're seeing Kody throw hissy fits when things don't go his way. Back in the beginning Meri, Janelle and Christine all pretty much kowtowed to Kody. Robyn was the troublemaker peacemaker. Happy Kody is nice. King Kody is nice. Kody who is challenged acts like a combination of an hungry toddler and an angry teenager.

• Love 22

Kody on Christine in the latest episode: “maybe she doesn’t want to live near the other wives?” (On Christine’s reluctance on building on the land)

No douchebag…the entire world knows she doesn’t want to be near you if you’re such an asshole! #blind bat, tone-deaf, selfish moron

• Like 1
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Now I feel obliged to defend pigs . . .

So technically, no word is able to describe him.. Everything is insulting to other people or animals. So, ill just stick to "sperm donor and fulltime absolutely despicable human being!"

No wait... " sperm donor and fulltime absolutely despicable human being!" That's better!

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Totally different discussion.  Just saw a photo someone posted on reddit.  Someone took a photo of Kody and Robyn from the back, shopping in a mall, sans masks.

Another example of their entitlement.  When shopping in our household, if we decide to both go, one waits in the car while the other shops.  He usually waits in car if it's gift buying, I wait in car while he grocery shops.  Works for us.

Where I live, security would be down on you in less than a minute should you attempt to enter without a mask, even the halls of the mall require masks.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Totally different discussion.  Just saw a photo someone posted on reddit.  Someone took a photo of Kody and Robyn from the back, shopping in a mall, sans masks.

Too scary to go to his wives homes though, isn't it! But the mall, yeah, no problem. No germs there! 😆

These two aren't even trying to pretend anymore.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Speaking of Reddit...I was scanning comments and someone posted that Kody said in a cameo that all his outbursts etc on the show was "acting".  Naturally there was no link to any specific cameo, but if he did make that statement then it contradicts what Janelle and Meri have said, that the show has never been scripted.  Every reality show is scripted, just not in the traditional way since reality shows were designed to skip the rules and expenses of the Writers Guild. So the Browns are obviously doing a dance around the semantics of the language.

So. Are Janelle and Meri liars? Or is Kody the next Oscar nominee?

...taken with a grain of salt since there was no link to see for yourself...

• Love 12

I wouldn't be surprised if TLC told him when to have an outburst, but I suspect that the soul-destroying content and cruel words are all Kody. If it were all scripted, he wouldn't be contradicting himself all the time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

And the mall is in Scottsdale with the photo taken in the evening. Date weekend away without the kids?

Hypocrites.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

I wouldn't be surprised if TLC told him when to have an outburst, but I suspect that the soul-destroying content and cruel words are all Kody. If it were all scripted, he wouldn't be contradicting himself all the time.

This is kind of where I am with it all. I think there are probably plans made to film the Browns doing whatever activity, and that's perhaps left to be somewhat natural, but then when that is inevitably kind of boring, then TLC starts making "suggestions". 

Whether that's "we need more conflict", or leading them into talking about certain things in the talking heads, etc. I think they stir up some drama when these people are boring and dull. 

However, I don't think any of these people are great actors or memorizing scripts (not that any of you suggested that). For one thing, they use the same words over and over and over again. Safe and walls and dill and fillings and family culture, blah blah blah...no writer worth their salt would crank out such drivel. Another thing that makes me think it's not totally scripted is that I think we do see some real emotions sometimes. 

But I do think, left on their own, they would not even venture into these "scary" subjects, TLC pushes them into it.

If they didn't, we'd get Kody's version of what he thinks the show should be, I suspect, and it would be unwatchable, and probably more fake than the phoniness we already get.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

And the mall is in Scottsdale with the photo taken in the evening. Date weekend away without the kids?

Hypocrites.

Apparently Scottsdale removed its city-wide mask mandate in May 2021 after the CDC's announcement that fully-vaccinated people usually don't need them.

I don't know it if was reinstated when the 4th wave hit latter in the Summer (Flagstaff reinstated it on July 30th for indoor venues). It would be especially hypocritical if Kootie & Full Wife went to Scottsdale to escape Flagstaff rules when they said their rules were all about health, not family politics.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

This is probably Kody deflecting the backlash he is undoubtedly getting over his response to Ysabel's situation as well as his cavalier attitude toward his nonRobyn wives.

A father with one iota of parental love could not be induced for love or money to spew forth the utter disregard for a child in need.

This!!  Couldn’t agree more.

As for scripted or not: Of course parts are scripted, but I highly doubt it’s the outbursts and all the emotional confessions at the moment. It looks too raw and real. Also, TLC loves drama but we’re nearing a point where a critical viewer could argue that Kody is mentally abusing his wives (and kids). And that’s where things might become tricky for TLC…we’ll see

• Love 13

I'm starting to wonder whether we should "dethrone" queen Robyn as master manipulator and crown "King Kodouche" as master manipulator in charge....

Robyn constantly manages to let people move into a direction of her choosing but her modus operandi is staying calm and 'polite" Kody on the other hand uses his anger making people (Christine) too frightened to voice her needs. And that comes on top of the words he so carefully chooses to hurt someone and make someone feel guilty.  It literally feels like a double knock-out! 

This is one of the reasons why people stay in abusive relationships. They are told they have nowhere to go and that they should be very grateful for what they have. They're also made to think that they are the cause of all conflicts. On top of that, is the fear of causing a massive row for voicing concerns or expressing needs... Now does that sound somewhat familiar??? (I'm thinking Christine now)

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I'm starting to wonder whether we should "dethrone" queen Robyn as master manipulator and crown "King Kodouche" as master manipulator in charge....

Me reading your post:

"I'm starting to wonder whether we should "dethrone" queen Robyn..."

- Cool, I'm in, what's your plan, Lily?

"as master manipulator and crown "King Kodouche" as master manipulator in charge...."

- Crap. She didn't mean a viewer conspiracy to rid ourselves of Robyn. This sentence did not go where I thought it was going to go.

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

This is one of the reasons why people stay in abusive relationships. They are told they have nowhere to go and that they should be very grateful for what they have. They're also made to think that they are the cause of all conflicts. On top of that, is the fear of causing a massive row for voicing concerns or expressing needs... Now does that sound somewhat familiar??? (I'm thinking Christine now)

It worked for ~20 years, but then Christine met Mitch's Mom the hat lady who lived in - gasp - an apartment she paid for and maintained by herself. Mom Annie left the family. And her adult children are living lives separate from Kody & flourishing, so Christine is finally catching on. That's why cults isolate their members; they won't want what they have never seen or experienced.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
13 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Crap. She didn't mean a viewer conspiracy to rid ourselves of Robyn. This sentence did not go where I thought it was going to go.

Sorry for getting you so excited and then letting you down🤣 

I like your suggestion of dethroning Robyn and getting rid of her, but that would leave us without Their Royal Hypocrite Highnesses of Victoria's Secret. What would be the fun of that? Janelle is too boring to keep us going and Christine has come to her senses. So in truth, we need those two (and Meri) to keep these fun conversations going!

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Based on Robyn’s old-timey hair style, I’m picturing her VS purchases as looking like costumes for saloon gals in old westerns. 

That’s funny but I thought her hair looked good. The part up/part down wavy style is making a comeback. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

That’s funny but I thought her hair looked good. The part up/part down wavy style is making a comeback. 

I haven't noticed a part up/part down style.  The hairstyle that makes me cringe is when she does fat Shirley Temple ringlets framing her face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I haven't noticed a part up/part down style.  The hairstyle that makes me cringe is when she does fat Shirley Temple ringlets framing her face.

Yeah, it reminds me of a little girl’s hairstyle— that combined with VS lingerie— ew.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Based on Robyn’s old-timey hair style, I’m picturing her VS purchases as looking like costumes for saloon gals in old westerns. 

I’d prefer not picturing her in any VS purchases at all if you don’t mind? Fully, modestly dressed please, with a bag nearby to pull over her head when she’s starting to behave “saintly”

• LOL 11
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Yes, please don't string me up everybody, but in the pic Turtle shared, I thought Robyn looked pretty good. Way better than she looks on the show, where her hair looks like a weird brown plastic helmet.

The pic was from far enough away that I couldn't see her eyebrows well, but that shit also needs to stop....yeesh. 

I was trying to see them too, because I've noticed Christine's eyebrows look normal in her social media posts, but once in awhile look over done in her TH's, and Robyn doesn't do social media much, so I was trying to see if that is a trend. Is TLC doing their makeup for them for TH's?

If so, the ladies should stop letting them, because TLC is punking them. They know viewers will talk about eyebrows!

• Love 8

I'm stuck on the fact that Robyn can afford Victoria's Secret while Janelle was living in an RV and now what looks like a small and modest apartment. While Robyn lives in a huge house and buys Victoria's Secret. Does Kody give each of the wives money??

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I'm stuck on the fact that Robyn can afford Victoria's Secret while Janelle was living in an RV and now what looks like a small and modest apartment. While Robyn lives in a huge house and buys Victoria's Secret. Does Kody give each of the wives money??

My guess is NO.  The not-legal-wives have to shill ugly clothes, poison in pink, and whatever else MLM's they're doing.

How else can we expect Kootie and Robyn to make those have-to-be HUGE mortgage payments?

They make me ill.

• Love 17

I just want to know HOW Kootie got Covid.  Not from the original wives, he doesn't really go near them.  Not from his non-Robyn kids, he doesn't touch them.  It was either from his gym,  shopping or from within the mansion.  Maybe the nanny brought it. The kids could have been asymptomatic and since Robyn doesn't go near her kids, he could have gotten it there.  Maybe AuROARa was sneaking out on the sly and infected the Koot.  Maybe he is just a liar.

• Love 19

@sheshark yes that’s interesting. I would also like to know if he was the only person in the house who got it? It such a contagious disease, what are the chances of being the only one with covid? Unless Robyn locked him straight into the dungeon? And by then he could already have infected all of them.

I wouldn’t think it past him to lie about having had it. Just to gain some sympathy or maybe because it sounds interesting on the show (barf🤢)

• Love 8
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

@sheshark yes that’s interesting. I would also like to know if he was the only person in the house who got it? It such a contagious disease, what are the chances of being the only one with covid? Unless Robyn locked him straight into the dungeon? And by then he could already have infected all of them.

I wouldn’t think it past him to lie about having had it. Just to gain some sympathy or maybe because it sounds interesting on the show (barf🤢)

I see your point, hun, but with everyone being so sensitive about all things COVID I don't think that even he would take that gamble. However, I've wrong about a person's level of intelligence, before.  😛

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I see your point, hun, but with everyone being so sensitive about all things COVID I don't think that even he would take that gamble. However, I've wrong about a person's level of intelligence, before😛

I have serious doubts re Kootie's level of intelligence...I think he would say anything he  thought would put him in a better light or bring him sympathy...

• Love 14

I don't even care if he is 'acting'. The shit is out there for all your kids to see and see what he is saying about their mothers. 

And just like Heather B from Real World said........

He is an asshat and I him and Robyn deserve the shit they are getting.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, toodywoody said:

I don't even care if he is 'acting'. The shit is out there for all your kids to see and see what he is saying about their mothers. 

Yep, he talks about the not-Robyn mothers in a derisive manner on national TV and thinks his kids will be unaffected by it. Or else he just doesn’t care.

If I were one of the not-Robyns wives and heard Kody say that he’s done some “crazy shit to get into heaven,” I’d call him out on it. I’d ask him exactly what things did he consider “crazy?” Marrying me? Having our children? 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, toodywoody said:

"They can't use what we don't give them."  I'm sure I paraphrased, but I will always remember her saying that.  

• Love 11

Agree with everything you guys are saying, just wanted to also add that his statement, "I've done some crazy stuff to get into Heaven", to me, implies he no longer believes in the "crazy stuff".

This does not sound like something a person would say about a principle they STILL hold near and dear to their heart.

I think he's made a big admission here. I don't know if he meant to, and he might try to walk it back for fear of losing his show, but he blurted it out, and it's out there now.

Edited by Sasha888
  • Love 18

I think we give Kody too much credit with the thread title.  It should be Part-Time Sperm Donor, Full-Time Asshat.  Now that we know about the Nanny (and her husband?) I can’t even say he is parenting Robyn’s kids 🙄

I really didn’t hate Kody…I thought he was an idiot and enjoyed chaos, but the last couple of years, he took it to a whole other level.  He’s just awful 😖

• Love 15

rked for ~20 years, but then Christine met Mitch's Mom the hat lady who lived in - gasp - an apartment she paid for and maintained by herself. Mom Annie left the family. And her adult children are living lives separate from Kody & flourishing, so Christine is finally catching on. That's why cults isolate their members; they won't want what they have never seen or experienc

It was obvious from the very first episode that once the kids grew up, there was nothing that bound the 4 adults together. There was never any genuine affection between the wives. Janelle will eventually leave too, when none of her kids are in Flagstaff.

• Love 17

A thought that keeps coming back to me after some of us questioned Kody’s sincerity in dealing with Covid, since it so goes against his personality:

I have started to wonder what it would mean to the family’s finances if someone catches Covid and ends up in hospital/icu, thus raking up another hefty hospital bill? Or, since it is highly infectious, a few Browns end up in hospital? They seem to have stretched their loans to the absolute max and have learned the hard way how expensive hospital stays can be. It wouldn’t surprise me if a situation like that leads to a direct bankruptcy. We all know their take on insurance.

So… which possible consequences of Covid does he fear? I don’t think he worries about death persé, but could it be financial?

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

So… which possible consequences of Covid does he fear? I don’t think he worries about death persé, but could it be financial?

Oddly enough, I'm not sure that Kody realizes how financially illiterate he actually is. In fact, I have this feeling he thinks he is some sort of financial genius, eschewing traditional wisdom for some God given ability to maintain a financial house of cards covering so many people for so many years.

Plus if Robyn is convinced that God is involved in the minutiae of our lives like providing her a rental home, I guess Kody can believe that God will write a check or drop a treasure chest full of gold on them if they end up with enormous hospital bills. Then again, look how Robyn's rental turned out...

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Oddly enough, I'm not sure that Kody realizes how financially illiterate he actually is. In fact, I have this feeling he thinks he is some sort of financial genius, eschewing traditional wisdom for some God given ability to maintain a financial house of cards covering so many people for so many years.

Plus if Robyn is convinced that God is involved in the minutiae of our lives like providing her a rental home, I guess Kody can believe that God will write a check or drop a treasure chest full of gold on them if they end up with enormous hospital bills. Then again, look how Robyn's rental turned out...

I *think* you meant to say "rennal."  That's BrownSpeak.  😊

• LOL 15
  • Love 1