Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Idk...I'd have to kill Kody first to see if he actually stays dead.
Micheal is like a bad rash and keeps coming back, no matter what you throw at it, so if Kody tops that, he'll be the creepier one to me.

I'm sure there are plenty of recurring rashes that Kody's responsible for.

• LOL 17
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

Random question: Out of the 5 (wives and Kody), Kody is the biggest idiot by far. His behavior exasperates and baffles us most. Yet he receives the least posts by far here on this forum. Why is that? We could probably write a book about his stupid decisions, hair, ‘parenting skills’, snarky remarks, financial decisions and general behavior!

IDK, I'm new to these threads, but could it be because his asshattery comes up in the wives threads?

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

IDK, I'm new to these threads, but could it be because his asshattery comes up in the wives threads?

Yes plus the wives post on almost a daily basis…Meri has her Friday lives, her B&B and lularoe, Janelle posts about plexus, her RV, her eating habits 😂etc and Christine posts about plexus and Lularoe plus she does CAR CONFESSIONS which are usually silly thoughts …. Kody posts a lot less and Robyn doesn’t post at all.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

Continuing the conversation from Christine's thread.

IMO, Kody is a gaslighting control freak. Even in his talking heads his tries to gaslight viewers and totally contradicts himself in one clip. I'm sure he's been gaslighting his kids for years.

I would guess by high school age, the kids started to figure him out. And because the Brown family was 'out' and the kids attended mainstream public school, I'm guessing they started to get a broader picture of polygamy too.

I think they all love their dad, but likely align with their moms. Except for maybe Maddie.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Continuing the conversation from Christine's thread.

IMO, Kody is a gaslighting control freak. Even in his talking heads his tries to gaslight viewers and totally contradicts himself in one clip. I'm sure he's been gaslighting his kids for years.

I would guess by high school age, the kids started to figure him out. And because the Brown family was 'out' and the kids attended mainstream public school, I'm guessing they started to get a broader picture of polygamy too.

I think they all love their dad, but likely align with their moms. Except for maybe Maddie.

GASLIGHTING. Yes yes yes YES. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

It's why he had to drag them all to his makeshift class reunion..."See, you guys? I'm INTERESTING!!! I have FOUR wives!"

For some reason he thought having one wife would not be enough to convince his former classmates that he was not gay, as they assumed in high school

• LOL 14
On 11/10/2021 at 4:52 PM, LilyD said:

Random question: Out of the 5 (wives and Kody), Kody is the biggest idiot by far. His behavior exasperates and baffles us most. Yet he receives the least posts by far here on this forum. Why is that? We could probably write a book about his stupid decisions, hair, ‘parenting skills’, snarky remarks, financial decisions and general behavior!

I find Kody uninteresting. He's just sort of your average, run-of-the-mill, narcissistic ass hat. I understand his psychology. It's the psychology of the wives and kids that fascinates me. I like to know what makes people tick, and what makes Kody tick is something that rhymes with tick...

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

I just find him boring.  Narcissists generally are for me, from a distance. Actually, I find the whole family boring, and just hanging around now to see the inevitable implosion.

I DO, however, have a soft spot for Evangeline?, or whatever concoction of a name Maddie came up with.  That little girl is gonna be a force to be reckoned with, someday.  😍🥰

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Kody announced in a Cameo that he had had covid.

Wow. I'm surprised that wasn't in teasers for the new season. Maybe it didn't happen during filming....

If it was during filming, maybe this is why he wasn't around the baby.

Well I'm glad he's alright, even if I don't particularly like him a lot of the time.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Kody announced in a Cameo that he had had covid. I'd guess Robyn made him stay in the garage - or Janelle's trailer.

Someone paid $99 for a Cameo and Kootie gave them this scoop?  If Kootie were more astute, he probably could have sold that information for more than $99.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

Someone paid $99 for a Cameo and Kootie gave them this scoop?  If Kootie were more astute, he probably could have sold that information for more than $99.

I know, right? It was a thread on reddit/tlc sisterwives. Someone posted a link to the Cameo and I watched it. It sounded like the person the Cameo was for had had covid or was sick. He said it almost as throwaway line.

• Useful 10
  • Love 1
On 11/11/2021 at 3:11 PM, deirdra said:

For some reason he thought having one wife would not be enough to convince his former classmates that he was not gay, as they assumed in high school

I 100% believe this.  When he went away on his mission trip only to return and find out that his mom and dad had decided to practice polygamy, I'm sure he was like, "that's my ticket!"  He could have multiple wives under the guise of religion, when really he was always in it for his own self-image, IMO.

On 11/13/2021 at 4:20 PM, deirdra said:

Evangalynn Kodi "Evie" Brush

Serious question, how do they pronounce her name?  It reads like Ee-van-gah (hard G) - lynn.  If it's supposed to be pronounced Ee-vange-a-leen, well - it misses the mark by quite a bit.

If Maddie wanted to recognize all the important people in her life within the context of her daughter's name, she could've gone with ChrisJanGenRob or RoJenMerChris or even KoLoJanHunt and any one of them would've been easier to pronounce.  Also I've lost track of who she was honoring with Evangalynn in the first place. 

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 11

From an article:

“Baby girl Evangalynn Brush is here,” Maddie announces in the video. “We were trying to think of a family name. [Caleb’s] grandma’s name was Eva, my mom’s name is Janelle, and his mom’s middle name is Lynn, so we just put it all together and did Evangalynn.” 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“We were trying to think of a family name. [Caleb’s] grandma’s name was Eva, my mom’s name is Janelle, and his mom’s middle name is Lynn, so we just put it all together and did Evangalynn.” 

So, if you take away the Eva and Lynn parts, you are left with "nga". 

Maddie thinks "nga" spells "Janelle"?? 

Kody gets the full middle name being Kodi, but Janelle gets "nga"? In other words, the "ja" sound in "evan-ja-lynn"?

Who would ever be able to decode Maddie's nonsense and come to the conclusion that Janelle is being honored in any way?

Janelle, you got screwed. 😆

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

Who would ever be able to decode Maddie's nonsense

Hello, have you met Mormon names? Not a thing about them makes sense. I can't see "Mykelti" without pronouncing it in my head with a long Y sound.

Also, I get that naming kids after people is a thing, not my cup of tea but whatever, but this sort of letter salad to honor seventeen different individuals is just weird. Buy her a potted plant or something, don't assign a letter of your kid's name to "honor" her along with a dozen other people she'll barely know. 

• Love 9
On 11/15/2021 at 11:46 PM, deirdra said:

So interesting that Kody announces has covid several days before the season premiere. And Sol, who we all know barely survived RSV, hope he's OK. (I do not wish covid on anyone). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

So interesting that Kody announces has covid several days before the season premiere. And Sol, who we all know barely survived RSV, hope he's OK. (I do not wish covid on anyone). 

Don't forget poor, poor Robyn who might have had pneumonia at one point in her life!

With her rabid precautions, how on earth did Kody even find any covid to catch?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Serious question, how do they pronounce her name?  It reads like Ee-van-gah (hard G) - lynn.  If it's supposed to be pronounced Ee-vange-a-leen, well - it misses the mark by quite a bit.

We noticed that Christine must not have taught them the rules about which vowels make G hard and which make it soft. The spelling says Eh or Ee-van-gah (hard G) - lynn, but I think Maddie pronounces it Ee-van-ja-lynn.  Kootie's mother was Genielle,  which I've heard him pronounce "jeh-nell", just like Janelle (did he always dream of marrying his mother?), not as jeh-neel or jee-nee-elle, as I would have expected from the spelling.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

"I empathize with your situation with Covid - not completely but...."

What the hell does that even mean?  You deserve it so I can only empathize so much?  I'm the one that deserves sympathy because it did bad things to me?

What a total putz.

Whoever paid for that crappy message needs to demand the money back.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

I should probably refresh my knowledge on Covid, and specifically its long-term side effects because I didn't know it could make your hair go ramen-noodle-wild🤔

His hair appears half as voluminous - is losing hair a side effect of Covid?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Hmmm...something tells me this will all be Christine's fault in Kody's mind somehow.

Very likely, after all he is incapable of making mistakes….

I’m also curious to find out how Kody is going to deal with Christine’s departure on TLC. Her departure must have busted his ego, so he’ll probably want it to look like he ended the relationship. We won’t find out until 2025 or so, meaning that he’ll have plenty of time to figure that out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

On Reddit, from recent social media. . . Please tell me that this won't be a theme next season.

4sv8rcj4u7081.png

What they don't show is their diy cue cards, andRobyn holding him by his short hairs. Gotta love selfies.

• LOL 12
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

His hair appears half as voluminous - is losing hair a side effect of Covid?

It sure is--I've lost hair twice in three years for various reasons and had covid over the summer--I am counting every strand that falls from my head worrying about losing more. But I don't think that's Kody's problem ;-)

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Cetacean said:

"I empathize with your situation with Covid - not completely but...."

What the hell does that even mean?  You deserve it so I can only empathize so much?  I'm the one that deserves sympathy because it did bad things to me?

What a total putz.

Whoever paid for that crappy message needs to demand the money back.

Since King Sol suffered from RSV years ago and was thus so immuno-compromised that Robyn enforced strict isolation from the other wives, how did she make Kody safely isolate?  Did he stay in the guest house behind the mansion?  Was Areoblabla finally forced out of Robyn and Kody's bed? 

Janelle's sons probably experienced schadenfreude.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Or Meri.

Or the kids.

2 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Since King Sol suffered from RSV years ago and was thus so immuno-compromised that Robyn enforced strict isolation from the other wives, how did she make Kody safely isolate?  Did he stay in the guest house behind the mansion?  Was Areoblabla finally forced out of Robyn and Kody's bed? 

Janelle's sons probably experienced schadenfreude.

I actually totally spaced on Areoblabla Delicatessa Windowpane Mackrelmint's real name for a few seconds 🤣 😂

I wonder when he had covid? I wonder if the rest of the house caught it, too, or if they realized quickly enough to banish him to a storage shed or something. They probably bought an rv just for him to isolate in. 
You just know Robyn would not let him stay with any of the other wives while sick, even if she wouldn't let him into her own house. (I can just picture him, with his face pressed to the full-length glass window of that odd closet door, that leads to the outside.)

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Or the kids.

I actually totally spaced on Areoblabla Delicatessa Windowpane Mackrelmint's real name for a few seconds 🤣 😂

I wonder when he had covid? I wonder if the rest of the house caught it, too, or if they realized quickly enough to banish him to a storage shed or something. They probably bought an rv just for him to isolate in. 
You just know Robyn would not let him stay with any of the other wives while sick, even if she wouldn't let him into her own house. (I can just picture him, with his face pressed to the full-length glass window of that odd closet door, that leads to the outside.)

Or he moved in with Janelle? Which would explain their pictures together….

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Or the kids.

😂😂😂

that name is the gift that keeps on giving!

I usually call her AreolaEbola but I see some of you are playing for keeps and I need to take it up a notch! 😋

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

😂😂😂

I usually call her AreolaEbola but I see some of you are playing for keeps and I need to take it up a notch! 😋

YOU taking it up a notch?!?  OMG, I'm getting out the 🍿🤣😛

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

😂😂😂

I stole most of mine from Pippi Longstocking! I'm as unoriginal as most of the adult Browns and am attempting to keep up with the rest of you🤣 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 11/17/2021 at 8:06 PM, LilyD said:

I should probably refresh my knowledge on Covid, and specifically its long-term side effects because I didn't know it could make your hair go ramen-noodle-wild🤔

I thought it was a "jeri-curl"!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

In one of the last episodes of the previous season:

“ ah dad, you’re so stupid dad, I’d rather be amongst the kids anyway….”

Kody is paraphrasing what he believes Hunter is thinking. Wow Kody….impressive! For once you’ve managed to actually read and interpret other people’s thoughts and feelings! And…you’re right too!

• Love 14
11 hours ago, LilyD said:

In one of the last episodes of the previous season:

“ ah dad, you’re so stupid dad, I’d rather be amongst the kids anyway….”

Kody is paraphrasing what he believes Hunter is thinking. Wow Kody….impressive! For once you’ve managed to actually read and interpret other people’s thoughts and feelings! And…you’re right too!

And now this season, he has his conspiracy theory that Janelle is "whispering in her boys' ears" and that's why they think he's an idiot. 😆

Sorry Kody, but I think it's more likely that your sons realize you are a dumbass on their own, not because their mother is telling them what to think.

• Love 18
33 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

And now this season, he has his conspiracy theory that Janelle is "whispering in her boys' ears" and that's why they think he's an idiot. 😆

Sorry Kody, but I think it's more likely that your sons realize you are a dumbass on their own, not because their mother is telling them what to think.

If anything, Janelle lies and tells them Kootie deserves their respect.  IMO, he most certainly does not.

• Love 20

When comparing season 1 Kody to the 2021 Kody, I can't help but wonder what is going on inside his head.

Is it 'just' a total mental breakdown; a completely disillusioned guy who has seen his dreams fall apart and doesn't know how to fix it or where to go?

Or...is there something else going on? The Kody from the previous season was becoming more and more erratic. He looked like a maniac, indulging in other people's miseries. Frankly, I find him scary and wonder whether he is developing some sort of personality disorder (or any disorder for that matter? This isn't acting, it just isn't. It's the real deal what we're seeing there. 

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 15
47 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Or...is there something else going on? The Kody from the previous season was becoming more and more erratic. He looked like a maniac, indulging in other people's miseries. Frankly, I find him scary and wonder whether he is developing some sort of personality disorder (or any disorder for that matter? This isn't acting, it just isn't. It's the real deal what we're seeing there. 

I know, he's even starting to get those scary Charles Manson eyes....

• Love 15

Could it be that we see so much of Kody's  rants and raw feelings because he is using his phone/camera as some sort of diary to make lots of unedited confessions and personal thoughts?  He ís the emotional type that flies off the handle, then forgets everything he has said and sends the files off to TLC without thinking. He must be pulling out his remaining few noodles with regret now!

While this may seem rather far-fetched at first, you must have noticed that the things he says and does about his family since the pandemic  are beyond cruel and absolutely ridiculous. Not a single episode goes by where he doesn't throw one of his wives (or all) under a bus and where he is downright evil and spiteful and makes hateful remarks about them and worse; it's broadcast on national and international tv. 

I'm sure TLC was over the moon with the material they were sent. This is pure gold from a reality show perspective. No stupid storylines, just a guy chewing up and spitting out his wives one by one. It's worse (better??) than temptation island.  

How he's now able to face any of his wives or children is beyond me...

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 11/24/2021 at 2:33 PM, Sasha888 said:

It's not within Kody's pea-brain to realize that his children don't still adore him like they all did when they were toddlers, so if any of his useless kids vocalize what a moron he is, surely it must be because their mothers convinced them to think that way.  I mean, this is the guy who still seems to believe that all of his children will return like so many prodigal sons/daughters to wherever the hell he decides to put down roots for a few years....when in reality, all he'll have left in a few years is one cranky legal wife, King Sol living in the basement playing Grand Theft Auto, Ariabelbliloa yammering at him all day long, and Aurora and her fainting couch (I'd like to think that Day'un and Brianna will have the means to GTFO, but who knows).

• Love 19
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Could it be that we see so much of Kody's  rants and raw feelings because he is using his phone/camera as some sort of diary to make lots of unedited confessions and personal thoughts?  He ís the emotional type that flies off the handle, then forgets everything he has said and sends the files off to TLC without thinking. He must be pulling out his remaining few noodles with regret now!

While this may seem rather far-fetched at first, you must have noticed that the things he says and does about his family since the pandemic  are beyond cruel and absolutely ridiculous. Not a single episode goes by where he doesn't throw one of his wives (or all) under a bus and where he is downright evil and spiteful and makes hateful remarks about them and worse; it's broadcast on national and international tv. 

I'm sure TLC was over the moon with the material they were sent. This is pure gold from a reality show perspective. No stupid storylines, just a guy chewing up and spitting out his wives one by one. It's worse (better??) than temptation island.  

How he's now able to face any of his wives or children is beyond me...

I think this is why we no longer see Tell Alls. Kody refuses to "just sit there" while they play his clips taking turns throwing them all under the bus while filming their faces trying hard to remain stoic.

• Love 15