Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

Actually pizza was the rehearsal dinner for my daughter's wedding along with soda and brownies.  It was what the groom's family could afford. I realize the Duggar family can afford more but there is nothing inherently wrong with serving pizza as a rehearsal dinner. 

Thank you! I had pizza for my rehearsal dinner too. We went to an actual pizza restaurant (Connie's Pizza for you Chicagolanders) so there was also bread and salad as well. 

JD and Austin appear to be especially popular with this crowd because they have been groomsmen at a lot of weddings. Interesting that Justin chose JD rather than Joseph, Josiah, Jer or Jed!, who are a little closer in age. 

I think maybe Jackson was a groomsman as well?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I think a pizza rehearsal dinner is actually fun and lighthearted. This was honestly a really nice wedding, very well planned. Classic, but casual enough not to make the teenage bride and groom look any more ridiculous than they have to.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
14 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I'm an Evangelical Christian, and we have snacks and drinks in church all the time. The atmosphere for most services is more relaxed and conversational. One church I was part of even had café style seating for half of the sanctuary. The only time it would be weird would be during an actual ceremony, like a wedding or baptism.

I belong to a mainline traditional denomination that is also considered evangelical.   We had to institute a policy of only water in the sanctuary to prevent messes being left behind or damage being done to the pew cushions. 

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Thank you! I had pizza for my rehearsal dinner too. We went to an actual pizza restaurant (Connie's Pizza for you Chicagolanders) so there was also bread and salad as well. 

JD and Austin appear to be especially popular with this crowd because they have been groomsmen at a lot of weddings. Interesting that Justin chose JD rather than Joseph, Josiah, Jer or Jed!, who are a little closer in age. 

I think maybe Jackson was a groomsman as well?

Jackson Bates apparently was a groomsman too.

• Useful 3

I think when it comes to the Duggars, pizza is the safest option. It's easy, there's minimal cleanup and everybody likes it. If they did some sort of catering, you know Boob would go cheap as possible, the food would be crap and there wouldn't be enough to go around. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17

After some of the crappy food I've eaten at rehearsal dinners before, I would welcome pizza with open arms! I think rehearsal dinners that are more casual and lighthearted are more fun than formal ones. Most of the time, you get the formality at the wedding so it's nice have a casual dinner the night before. 

I still think it's ridiculous that two teenagers got married just to have sex, though. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I still think it's ridiculous that two teenagers got married just to have sex, though. 

Ditto. I watched an interview with a guy who escaped from the Moonie cult and he said he was actually looking forward to being randomly paired and married so that he could have sex. He fortunately escaped before that happened and actually went to college. But he said by then he was so incredibly awkward around women and so brainwashed that he still felt like having sex with someone outside of their group would taint the blood of the chosen people or whatever. Sounds nuts, but really isn’t all that much different than the Gothard believers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Well, I was raised Catholic, and there was no way anyone was allowed to even think of bringing a beverage into church. Ticket straight to hell.

Catholic Churches have a tabernacle where the blessed sacrament is present at all times.  That;s the consecrated host, the Eucharist, communion.  It would be considered disrespectful to Christ's presence in the Eucharist in the church to bring in food and drink or otherwise behave as if the space was not sacred. 

I don't think the Independent Baptists feel that way about their churches.  However, if I was a contributing member of a congregation and some idiot brought food and drink into the church and managed to spill it or otherwise damage the floors or pews with their mess; I would not be happy.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Justin's property with the doublewide sold earlier this week for $195,000. I guess they are living in Texas? 

wonder if Jessa and Bin were the buyers😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
36 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

wonder if Jessa and Bin were the buyers😂

It would be a heck of a lot bigger for them than the mold house.  They are the ones living in the mold house, right? 🤔

2 weeks tomorrow and still no pregnancy. Claritin must be beside herself. What has she done wrong? Why has God not blessed her with a child yet? 🤣

Edited by QuinnInND
  • LOL 3

Justin moving to Texas is like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Leaping from the arms of Jim Bob into the arms of Hilaria. I think I'd rather be beaten with a stick than pick either of those two assholes as an interfering parent, but that's just me. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, emma675 said:

After some of the crappy food I've eaten at rehearsal dinners before, I would welcome pizza with open arms! I think rehearsal dinners that are more casual and lighthearted are more fun than formal ones. Most of the time, you get the formality at the wedding so it's nice have a casual dinner the night before. 

Me too!  My Dr. told me years ago "no pizza and no chinese food".  Well i like some Chinese food but it makes me feel crappy the next day (but i LOVE pad thai) and I am so jonesing for pizza right now.  We have a couple good places around here.. maybe......

• Love 3
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Justin's property with the doublewide sold earlier this week for $195,000. I guess they are living in Texas? 

"Now she's run off and I've gotta trail her. Dang her black heart and her pretty red neck"

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

This is probably what they’re living off, then. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm trying to remember what I had at my rehearsal dinner 13 years ago and I'm honestly coming up blank...I have pretty much zero memory of where we went or what was eaten. I know there were tables with cloths and windows...which really narrows it down. 😆 I remember exactly what I wore and how I did my hair but no impression remains of the food. It could have been pizza, for all I know. Personally, I found Claritin's choice of a taco dinner right before the big night of virginity loss to be the more questionable choice. 😐

Also....please, please please let Justin and Claire move to Texas and live in Hilaria's backyard. I need her crazy posts to continue, preferably on a daily basis. The sale of Justin's Arkansas property has my hopes high!

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, thehorseofpower said:

Also....please, please please let Justin and Claire move to Texas and live in Hilaria's backyard. I need her crazy posts to continue, preferably on a daily basis. The sale of Justin's Arkansas property has my hopes high!

Hell, I'm hoping for a howler exodus from Arkansas where they buy a flip near Hilaria and the live on in bunk-bed bliss

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, thehorseofpower said:

I'm trying to remember what I had at my rehearsal dinner 13 years ago and I'm honestly coming up blank...I have pretty much zero memory of where we went or what was eaten. I know there were tables with cloths and windows...which really narrows it down. 😆 I remember exactly what I wore and how I did my hair but no impression remains of the food. It could have been pizza, for all I know. Personally, I found Claritin's choice of a taco dinner right before the big night of virginity loss to be the more questionable choice. 😐

21 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Hell, I'm hoping for a howler exodus from Arkansas where they buy a flip near Hilaria and the live on in bunk-bed bliss

You know, I'd only been looking at the potential of Justin moving to Texas and being around her 24-7 from the perspective of the hell it must be being subjected to her. I'd lost sight of the snark bounty she will provide us. 😂

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, thehorseofpower said:

Personally, I found Claritin's choice of a taco dinner right before the big night of virginity loss to be the more questionable choice. 😐

This must be a Texas thing 😂, if it’s not BBQ or steak it’s Mexican food

• Useful 2
22 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

What a dilemma 

Live with stifling Hillary or brain dead forgets your name birth mom Michelle 

Just think. If they had educations and resumes they could move to some completely different state and just see their crazy relatives at holidays. 

But doing that is apparently against their religion. 

• Love 2
On 3/11/2021 at 10:53 PM, Portia said:

I for one could do with less body-shaming around here. Joy's been thinner at times, but she looks healthy to me. And hasn't she always had a one of larger builds of the Duggar women--sturdier legs and ankles, for example? I hope she takes care of herself, but I also hope she doesn't waste a single second comparing herself to her slender new sister-in-law.

Joy also has a large bust. Any shirts that are big enough to accommodate it are going to make her look bigger and frumpy elsewhere. 

• Love 17

So TLC has announced a birth special for Kendra with her daughter Brooklyn. They have yet to acknowledge Justin and Claire got married. 

This is highly unusual. They usually make a video right after the wedding. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

So TLC has announced a birth special for Kendra with her daughter Brooklyn. They have yet to acknowledge Justin and Claire got married. 

This is highly unusual. They usually make a video right after the wedding. 

I think his age has a lot to do with it. Not only is he 18, he looks younger. Nobody in their right mind thinks it's cool to marry off a kid who looks like he doesn't even shave yet. 

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I think his age has a lot to do with it. Not only is he 18, he looks younger. Nobody in their right mind thinks it's cool to marry off a kid who looks like he doesn't even shave yet. 

Yet they chose to air his courtship announcement knowing that its usually pretty serious by that point.  They probably filmed it, but it'll probably be a surprise for the season. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, beckie said:

Yet they chose to air his courtship announcement knowing that its usually pretty serious by that point.  They probably filmed it, but it'll probably be a surprise for the season. 

Not much of a surprise though. 

• LOL 1
25 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Not much of a surprise though. 

That's pretty much the show's tagline:

Counting On, not much of a surprise because it was shown on social media a year ago!

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

Ah, fairytales, rainbows, unicorns, and pee sticks. A perfect fundie wedding/honeymoon, a perfect fundie marriage.

But wait a minute. I thought the IBLP/Gothard/fundie crowd has preached against magic and fairytales as evil. Don't they forbid their kids to read Harry Potter? Or is that not a unanimous position in that crowd?

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Ah, fairytales, rainbows, unicorns, and pee sticks. A perfect fundie wedding/honeymoon, a perfect fundie marriage.

But wait a minute. I thought the IBLP/Gothard/fundie crowd has preached against magic and fairytales as evil. Don't they forbid their kids to read Harry Potter? Or is that not a unanimous position in that crowd?

Their entire religion is a fairy tale, but it's the *right kind* of fairy tale. The controlling, mean-spirited, domineering kind. 

46 minutes ago, beckie said:

Maybe they'll show the wedding in three years and pretend it just happened, since a courtship for a barely legal kid was more palatable than a wedding. 

WTFK. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

We have a fundie homeschooling who frequents my library who bypass any mention of magic. They're part of the kids' book club and have skipped frequently as a result. 

When I was at C of O, there were quite a few who were big Harry Potter fans from childhood, but they all came from what I considered much more moderate backgrounds. [Edited to add: Not saying there were IBLP people there. I doubt that. But there were a lot of very fundie types, and I certainly don't remember any of them coming in as Potterheads, though some of them did come to read the books after they were adults and had departed from their family's teachings.]

I can't imagine anyone in the IBLP crowd allowing their children to read Harry Potter. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, beckie said:

The courtship announcement was very brief, like one minute. Previous announcements were like a full episode and often included the man asking the woman to court. TLC hasn't acknowledged their wedding. It was filmed by an videographer with IBLP connections. If TLC does air the wedding, I have a feeling they'll buy the IBLP guy's footage from the Duggars/Spiveys. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And yet, Justin probably has never read or seen a fairytale.

Ummm what about his parents fairytale marriage including humping in front of the kids? That’s a fairytale? Oh no maybe it’s a nightmare instead.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, awaken said:

I find them to be a really unattractive family. It may be what we know about them clouding my vision. 

I would have to agree. And they appear to be wearing discards from the Duggar's rag-bag for Hillary's birthday. And they are wearing hats indoors.

• Love 2