Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

I'm sure this was discussed upthread and went over my head. But in considering what Jason's doing hanging out with the Spiveys, I realized that young Justin, barely age 18, is now married while FOUR of his older brothers are still single. That would be the twins (age 22), Jason (age 20), and James (age 19). I wonder how hard JB is working to make advantageous matches for those four fine examples of male mediocrity. Am I correct in thinking this is the bunch we called the howlers in their younger days?

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

I'm sure this was discussed upthread and went over my head. But in considering what Jason's doing hanging out with the Spiveys, I realized that young Justin, barely age 18, is now married while FOUR of his older brothers are still single. That would be the twins (age 22), Jason (age 20), and James (age 19). I wonder how hard JB is working to make advantageous matches for those four fine examples of male mediocrity. Am I correct in thinking this is the bunch we called the howlers in their younger days?

Yes and as someone hilariously pointed out (sorry can't remember who), Justin has now had sex and they haven't.

• LOL 10
26 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Hilaria admitted in the comments that Jase is too old for her next daughter. She might not be saying that in about 3 years if Jase is still single. 🙄

Or she could be saying that to throw us off track. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm, how old is the next in line Spivey daughter? And is Jason still in TX or did he come back?

Oh, and he's looking a little too much like Josh in that picture. Ew.

It's that Claire's brother? Maybe he's not there for a daughter but a son? That's a Duggar I would not want to miss.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
(edited)

Jase claims to have a real business, Buildmaster construction. Apparently he runs his business as a duggar. Goes off hunting with Joy and Austin, goes off to train with mediccorps, off to a Buckventures hunting trip, off to family camp, goes on a "Business trip" to colorado to snowboard with live in duggar pal Elijah. Skiing/snowboarding again with a bunch of fundies including the Spiveys. off to a wedding in texas, side trip to Magnolia  - in that group shot Jase was hovering by Jana and Laura with a girl a few steps away from Jase, almost out of the pic. I think Jase has a girl near the Spiveys homestead and Hilary will be disappointed it isn't her

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jase probably is soaking up all the attention Hillary gives him. It’s the most mothering he ever got!

From the little I've read about the Spivey's, I think both of them parented Justin more than either of his parents ever did, so Jase probably was more than eager to go visit for some attention of his own for a little bit. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

It's that Claire's brother? Maybe he's not there for a daughter but a son? That's a Duggar I would not want to miss.

I would pay money to see a Duggar same-sex wedding. I bet if we all tell Jim Bob that, he'll $uddenly become okay with one of his kid$ being gay. 

8 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

From the little I've read about the Spivey's, I think both of them parented Justin more than either of his parents ever did, so Jase probably was more than eager to go visit for some attention of his own for a little bit. 

The food's probably a lot better, too. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jase probably is soaking up all the attention Hillary gives him. It’s the most mothering he ever got!

I think you're right. It's nice to be around someone that likes you and notices you.

• Love 9

Agreed.  Hillary seems genuinely interested in the kids as people and not props, that's gotta be very nice for the poor Duggar boys who all blend together in their parent's eyes.

• Love 12

Mother to mother, I feel a little bad for Hilaria. I can't imagine having my first kid, or any kid, moving out completely in one fell swoop. For most parents it happens in stages. If Claire really did move to AR, it'll be even harder on Hilary.

I get that these are their life choices, but I also get being a mom.

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

First picture - bunch of kids preparing to go to a school dance? Or just out?

I still can't get past the fact that, in the real world, Justin would still be in high school. Think back to YOUR high school days; can you imagine getting married in the spring of your senior year? Even my mother waited until 30 seconds AFTER graduation. (AND SHE GOT DIVORCED JUST SHY OF 25 YEARS MARRIAGE)

• Love 11

The picture of Austin standing at the front of the church with a drink in his hand is so strange to me.  I grew up Catholic and you would never ever bring food and drink into the church.  Is it different in their denomination?  It just seems disrespectful. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

Justin would still be in high school.

Had Dubby even finished his "high school SDRT" yet?  Does he have a job?   When I was in high school I worked at Mc Donald's and had no clue what I even wanted to do for a career.  All I was worried about was buying the latest fashion and getting accepted to college.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, skatelady said:

I still can't get past the fact that, in the real world, Justin would still be in high school. Think back to YOUR high school days; can you imagine getting married in the spring of your senior year? Even my mother waited until 30 seconds AFTER graduation. (AND SHE GOT DIVORCED JUST SHY OF 25 YEARS MARRIAGE)

My big HS crush came out of the closet a few years ago. Prior to that, he had drug and alcohol issues. He finally seems to be happy and healthy now. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Normades said:

The picture of Austin standing at the front of the church with a drink in his hand is so strange to me.  I grew up Catholic and you would never ever bring food and drink into the church.  Is it different in their denomination?  It just seems disrespectful. 

I don’t know what denomination they are, but it wouldn’t happen in my local (Protestant) church and I would never bring food or drink into any sanctuary. That should be left for the fellowship room.

• Love 9

So I posted some of this on a different thread, but I post it here too.

Justin and Claire were rumored to be in Charleston, SC after some on Reddit claimed to spot them there. This seems a likely destination given the current state of things.

The wedding doesn't seem to have been filmed by anyone official or covered by anyone official. UsWeekly says that they "received a statement" from the couple, meaning they didn't send anyone. It seems uncertain if TLC was there. There's no little video of congratulations that TLC often puts up for major milestones. There is also this Instagram account. Gabriel Johnson is a member of Hillary Spivey's church and may have some IBLP connections. He is a videographer out of Texas.

Bottom Line is: No one wanted to put staff at risk during a Pandemic. It's possible TLC will buy the footage from the Spiveys/Duggars and their videographer. 

• Useful 10

Not only did I find Austin holding a beverage while standing in the sanctuary (chancel? presbytery?) disrespectful, I was appalled by the three boys (cannot bring myself to call them men) wearing hats inside the church. Our gentle giant of a Monsignor would have taken their heads off along with the hats.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

I have to admit I have brought food into Catholic church. 

Catholics Churches are far more strict when it comes to what can and cannot be brought into the Church.  In my experience with more Fundamental churches is they are more lax with the rules especially if it's not a time of worship.  I can't remember but were they in the actual sanctuary with the drinks?

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Joy might want to lay off those sugary iced coffees, especially if she's trying to lose baby weight. It seems like she always has one in her hand. 

Indeed. But they're so good. I'm addicted to them as well. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Normades said:

I was raised Baptist and the sight of those hats on the males’ heads made my jaw drop.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Totally said:

I’ve known plenty of people to bring drinks into the church when rehearsals are going on .. I don’t have any experience of Catholic Churches though 

Well, I was raised Catholic, and there was no way anyone was allowed to even think of bringing a beverage into church. Ticket straight to hell.

• Love 6

I'm an Evangelical Christian, and we have snacks and drinks in church all the time. The atmosphere for most services is more relaxed and conversational. One church I was part of even had café style seating for half of the sanctuary. The only time it would be weird would be during an actual ceremony, like a wedding or baptism.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Portia said:

I hope she takes care of herself, but I also hope she doesn't waste a single second comparing herself to her slender new sister-in-law.

Who also hasn't had two (three, counting Annabel) children as Joy has (yet, anyway...).

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Portia said:

I for one could do with less body-shaming around here. Joy's been thinner at times, but she looks healthy to me. And hasn't she always had a one of larger builds of the Duggar women--sturdier legs and ankles, for example? I hope she takes care of herself, but I also hope she doesn't waste a single second comparing herself to her slender new sister-in-law.

Good point, and thank you for saying that. 

Not commenting on her figure - as a woman with a basically "larger build" I think she's okay - but I wish she'd lose the dark hair and that ratty denim skirt.

OTOH I'm sure my friends may wish I'd lose my go-to winter wardrobe of pullover sweatshirts and jeans, and my summer wardrobe of polo shirts and jeans/crop pants. So there's that.  🤣 However, I periodically inspect my wardrobe and cull out the stuff that's gotten ratty with age. And I'm not a Z list celeb who regularly appears on a TV show about my family and has a zillion followers on SM.

• Love 15

So it seems JD, Jason, James and Austin were the Duggar groomsmen. With JD in there it makes a little more sense that Abbie was a bridesmaid and I'm guessing Joy was too.

Also, the pizza picture may have been from a different day. Justin and Claire are wearing different clothes.

• Useful 3
45 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

there is nothing inherently wrong with serving pizza as a rehearsal dinner. 

Especially if it's good pizza.  My mom, her entire life raved about a certain mom & pop pizza joint in my hometown.  She always went there when going out for dinner.  After she moved away, whenever she'd visit, she had to go there.  After she died, we had a celebration of life event at that pizza place since she loved it so much and it was goooood pizza.

I just hope they didn't get Papa John's

• LOL 3
  • Love 20