Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I wonder which of the Duggar sisters is going to end up a bridesmaid. Bets on now! Will it be the perpetual bridesmaid but never the bride Jana? We'll see!

How many sisters does Claire have? In addition to Claire's family, I'm guessing just the younger girls; Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie, with maybe Spurge and Henry as ring bearers and Ivy as a flower girl.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

He is a child. A child.

This. My nephew is just a couple of years younger and the thought of him being married blows my mind. He’s a great kid but he has his moments where he’s moody, irrational, and immature because he’s a literal child without a fully developed frontal lobe. Normal, socialized kids around Justin’s age are a hot ass mess because their brains and bodies are still figuring out how to function properly.  They have no business getting married. 

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

He is a child. A child.

Yup. Most kids his age are deciding what jeans to wear, what colleges to apply to and if they can afford to go to a movie and out to eat.

Justin at age 17, has decided who he is going to spend the next 60+ years with. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup. Most kids his age are deciding what jeans to wear, what colleges to apply to and if they can afford to go to a movie and out to eat.

Justin at age 17, has decided who he is going to spend the next 60+ years with. 

And until he's legally married his father will be the one deciding what jeans he gets to wear (hand-me-downs from an older J boy), what college to apply to (NONE), and if he can afford to go to a movie and out to eat (No movies and eating out only if he takes a couple of brothers and Jana).

JB and Michelle have totally eff-ed up their kids' lives. 

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Wouldn’t it have been better to make a thread when they’re engaged? I mean these two are only courting they could still split up! Or are they secretly engaged? 

Courting couples have gotten threads in the past. If the Duggars have announced it I bet you an engagement is in the bag- they are likely waiting until Justin turns 18 in a few weeks- then a wedding around Valentine’s Day. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Just thought I drop these pictures here so we'll remember which one is Justin. 😁

I totally accidentally called him Jason yesterday or the day before in the other thread. 🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
18 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Wouldn’t it have been better to make a thread when they’re engaged? I mean these two are only courting they could still split up! Or are they secretly engaged? 

It's a done deal unless another extremely bad Josh scandal comes to light.

Which "press F to pay respects" to the other Howlers who are courting if that happens.  

• LOL 4

I'm just wondering what the real deal is behind this courtship. The only son Boob rushed to marry off was Joshley, and even he waited until he was 20. I'm wondering if Justin was caught doing something or there was some indication the female persuasion wasn't his preference and Boob scrambled to find a wife ASAP. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Wow, that’s a cliché-fest. Do they have a random-word generator called, “Shit You Say: Courting”?

Why, yes. Yes, we do. But it's called "The Season of Life Phrasebook and Showing-Off-to-our-Social-Media-Followers Email Generator." And we don't dirty our mouths with libtard language.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 19
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm just wondering what the real deal is behind this courtship. The only son Boob rushed to marry off was Joshley, and even he waited until he was 20. I'm wondering if Justin was caught doing something or there was some indication the female persuasion wasn't his preference and Boob scrambled to find a wife ASAP. 

My guess is that Justin may have been caught fooling around with Claire in what to anyone else would be normal teen behavior--making out--and that triggered a "we have to marry him off!" response. But that is entirely a supposition. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Statistically I think it’s possible he and Claire were caught hooking up (consensually like normal teens) and the parents flipped out. It could be been that the Duggars met up with the Spivey family, because Claire was to be introduced to the other boys and she/Justin really hit it off. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I just don't understand how Claire can honestly be emotionally ( and I also think physically but I'll leave that because who knows) attacted to him. This is the equivalent of a woman in  college dating a high schooler, seriously. When I was 19 , I was definitely into guys who were in their 20's. I didn't like guys my age because they were juvenile/ immature/ ect. Even when I was in high school I hung out with older guys. This to me is a huge mismatch in terms of development. Claire looks like she should date someone more mature. 

Teenage boys are the WORST. I can't imagine how insufferable a duggar teenager would be. immature, know it all, zero life experience...so gross. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 15

Honestly, I can't judge Claire's attraction to Justin or whatever.  That is a very individual thing, and I HATE the feeling of wanting to slug someone when they ask "Really?  You married him?"  Some poeple are assholes like that, and I'm not going to be one of them.  

I have no issue with marrying the first guy/girl you date or court or have a relationship with.  I did it.  I have no issue with parents/siblings introducing people to each other because they think they will click.

I do think that they are too young to get married.    I DO have an issue with kids who aren't mature enough to have the important conversations with each other honestly and transparently so that they can have a good, lasting, healthy, marriage jumping into it.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I just don't understand how Claire can honestly be emotionally ( and I also think physically but I'll leave that because who knows) attacted to him. This is the equivalent of a woman in  college dating a high schooler, seriously. When I was 19 , I was definitely into guys who were in their 20's. I didn't like guys my age because they were juvenile/ immature/ ect. Even when I was in high school I hung out with older guys. This to me is a huge mismatch in terms of development. Claire looks like she should date someone more mature. 

Teenage boys are the WORST. I can't imagine how insufferable a duggar teenager would be. immature, know it all, zero life experience...so gross. 

Well they are less than two years apart- developmentally they are the same age. Justin isn't a heartthrob by my standards but he's a perfectly pleasant looking young man (and she's a pleasant looking young lady)- I am not surprised a young girl in his peer group would like him- he may actually be really nice to her!

1 hour ago, ouinason said:

I have no issue with marrying the first guy/girl you date or court or have a relationship with.  I did it.  I have no issue with parents/siblings introducing people to each other because they think they will click.

I do think that they are too young to get married.    I DO have an issue with kids who aren't mature enough to have the important conversations with each other honestly and transparently so that they can have a good, lasting, healthy, marriage jumping into it.

Yes. I have no problem with arranged marriages or relationships if thats what people want. If Justin and Claire met and really hit it off, I have no problem with them "courting" or "talking"(as we would say in the mainstream world). I just wish they would wait until the younger of the two was at least 21 or 22 at the MINIMUM before they committed to a marriage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. I have no problem with arranged marriages or relationships if thats what people want. If Justin and Claire met and really hit it off, I have no problem with them "courting" or "talking"(as we would say in the mainstream world). I just wish they would wait until the younger of the two was at least 21 or 22 at the MINIMUM before they committed to a marriage.

Especially since this marriage will undoubtedly be expected to produce a honeymoon baby.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

19, 19, 19.. when i was nineteen i had NO clue about anything other than what other school i was going to(yeah, i switched around and them went to Pittsburgh - from the northeast).  I could no longer imagine with being with a 17 year old (kid) than imaging me being with one of the hair bands.  This to me is very wrong.. That kid has acne and he looks like hie's 14 (or 12).. So sad that these kids can't get life experience.. it's all about the banging and babies.  VERY SAD.

• Love 13

I don't find it hard to understand why she's attracted to him or doubt it is genuine in her own mind. We may not have been attracted to him at 19, but she does not have the same life experiences we have had. She's never gone to school. She doesn't get to watch mainstream movies or partake in pop culture beyond a very restricted means. She doesn't get to socialize with people outside of her family's cult. She has no real options beyond marrying someone and punching out kids or becoming Jana. Her actual experience with boys/men are just limited as Justin's are with girls/women, and I don't think she is at all as mature as the normal 19 year old in any way he is as mature as a normal 17 year old. She doesn't even have access to quality celebrity crushes. To us, he just seems like an especially twerpy boy, but what does she really have to compare to him? 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Not all girls like older guys.  I'm not sure older guys are more mature either. I've known teenage boys who were more mature than we give them credit for, and a lot of guys date younger girls either to excuse their own immaturity or to exploit the age difference for power in the relationship. 

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Not all girls like older guys.  I'm not sure older guys are more mature either. I've known teenage boys who were more mature than we give them credit for, and a lot of guys date younger girls either to excuse their own immaturity or to exploit the age difference for power in the relationship. 

Exactly. I’ve never been into older men. I started college at 17 (late birthday) but I wouldn’t have thought it odd if a guy one year ahead of me in school asked me out. (Or vice versa) 

Assuming Claire is heterosexual (and we can speculate cause she’s in this courtship) I don’t find it odd that she clicked with another unrelated boy in her social circle. Justin has just as much going for him as she has going for her right now- not like she’s lighting the world on fire due to graduate from college early or something. These are two KIDS that were attracted to each other and started hanging out, fine if we weren’t talking a life long commitment. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Is that house in Arkansas or Texas?

That was what I was wondering. Can one of our sleuths check property records both in Washington County and the county that Fort Worth, TX is in?

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 3

I have seen nothing in Justin's name in the Arkansas property records. But since he is wearing the J and J Services hat and not the Spivey construction shirt in the pics, I am guessing he is in Arkansas and it is the house James bought and is renovating. James has been shown several times in the J and J Services shirt. the house where Jana was "helping James tile the bathroom" a few weeks ago

I thought J and J was for James and Justin since Jason has his own company or at least his logo on tee shirts and hats.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That was what I was wondering. Can one of our sleuths check property records both in Washington County and the county that Fort Worth, TX is in?

I found nothing for Justin as Justin Duggar in Washington County or Benton County. Does he have an LLC name we can check?

10 minutes ago, Zella said:

I found nothing for Justin as Justin Duggar in Washington County or Benton County. Does he have an LLC name we can check?

I have seen no LLC for Justin - but possibly he would have to be 18 for an LLC to be in his name

8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Don't forget about Texas! There could be something there. 

Or James "owns" Justin's house because he's, oh, UNDERAGE. 

Jason bought and flipped that one house when he was 16. His name was on the records with JB as cosigner. I think James bought the house he has because he is also courting

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 5

well James certainly bought a fixer upper in Benton county a while back. He is listed as sole owner, James A Duggar. seems when we talked about it then it was behind some land that had an underground fire or some such thing. the house overlooks a fenced in lot with trucks and a construction trailer

edited to add James bought the house 4/16/20. in his name and a loan. It is adjacent to a property called a stump dump that had a long underground fire

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2