Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

While I'm not sure the average 55 year old has, I'm guessing JB likely has done estate planning. But I don't think he'd put Josh in charge. While I believe he has forgiven him, I think JB knows Josh can't be trusted to make good decisions. I'm guessing everything will go to Michelle, even though she's female and next in line would be JD. But if JB lives into his 80s, there won't be much, if anything left.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I think JB doesn't have any confidence in any of his children to be executor...I think he'll name his lawyer to handle and dole out according to his wishes.. Michelle won't be executor, she will have to go 'hat in hand' to Travis Storey when she needs money. She's just a woman and 'can't' handle finances you know.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

While I'm not sure the average 55 year old has, I'm guessing JB likely has done estate planning. But I don't think he'd put Josh in charge. While I believe he has forgiven him, I think JB knows Josh can't be trusted to make good decisions. I'm guessing everything will go to Michelle, even though she's female and next in line would be JD. But if JB lives into his 80s, there won't be much, if anything left.

I completely forgot JB was 55. I wonder if he's running the Howlers to the altar so he can start unloading businesses on them (and TeeVee ratings of course). This way he can start the transition to retirement.

God help those boys though. We all know they can't help themselves. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I completely forgot JB was 55. I wonder if he's running the Howlers to the altar so he can start unloading businesses on them (and TeeVee ratings of course). This way he can start the transition to retirement.

God help those boys though. We all know they can't help themselves. 

What JB does now, is much like what someone does when they are retired, or semi-retired. Nothing he does requires a 9 - 5 schedule, doesn't interfere with travel, etc. I don't think he'll change a thing now, or in 15 years.

• Love 9
On 10/3/2020 at 4:38 AM, GeeGolly said:

I thought JB had a piece of land he rents to a cell phone tower and an industrial park type thing he rents out and the rest was property he sits on and sells when its profitable. What other rental properties does he own? 

There's also a cellphone tower -- or some kind of tower; I can't tell for sure what kind in satellite view -- right behind the corroded-pool house. Literally about 30 feet behind the house. Which seems odd for a house as big and as fancy as that house originally was.....But of course the house is from the 60s and if it's a cell tower it's from the 80s or later, most likely....

And I never heard whether the tower was on the land that goes with that house or whether the house turned undesirable partly because the tower was built almost right on top of it, or what. ....

Seems like I read here recently that JB's now making a push to sell that house? Does anybody know the story with the tower? I would think its particulars will make a pretty big difference in how sellable the house is and its price......

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

What JB does now, is much like what someone does when they are retired, or semi-retired. Nothing he does requires a 9 - 5 schedule, doesn't interfere with travel, etc. I don't think he'll change a thing now, or in 15 years.

Yep. Even back in 2002 when he was running for office and wasn't even 40, he was talking in interviews about how his life in real estate meant that he didn't have to keep a regular office schedule and could be home a lot more. I think a big part of why his children are so bewildered by structure is because they never had it at home, even in the early years. They were never on a schedule because their parents were never on one because they didn't think they needed one. 

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Oh man, I would watch the HELL out of that if they make a mini-series of it.

Must-see TV: A post-apocalyptic Duggar drama! 

All the baffled, dim, tired 30-something howlers with their good fundie wives and at least 8 kids each, wondering how their next grocery bills will be paid! Will they go hungry? 

Will Jessa unleash her inner bitch in defense of her brood of ten kids and Bin?

Will Austin barricade his house and refuse to give handouts to his thundering herd of broke in-laws?

Will Breakout Stars™ Jing and Jer stay away, as they are struggling along in a starter house somewhere in the South where Jer finally landed a preaching job?

What will Derick and Jill think as they watch it all happen from their nice home, where they moved after Derick's legal career got off to a good start with a job in a solid law firm somewhere in Arkansas? Maybe Iz would be a student at OSU by then - or will he drop out and want a gap year to travel between high school and college?

Tune in and see, folks!

No lie--I'd watch this! 

• Love 8

If Boob leaves Sex Pest in charge of his estate, he's a much bigger idiot that I thought.  In my mind, I think that Boob will be much more diabolical with his will.  He will probably set up a massive list of stipulations and requirements for who gets the money and how.  For all we know he's already distrubuting his wealth among the offspring.  Another scandal could ruin him financially.  If he spreads the $$ across 19 kids, there would be a lot less in his name.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

If Boob leaves Sex Pest in charge of his estate, he's a much bigger idiot that I thought.  In my mind, I think that Boob will be much more diabolical with his will.  He will probably set up a massive list of stipulations and requirements for who gets the money and how.  For all we know he's already distrubuting his wealth among the offspring.  Another scandal could ruin him financially.  If he spreads the $$ across 19 kids, there would be a lot less in his name.

Oh, I agree. I think that as of right now JB has his property holdings in one or more trusts, and when he dies it's not like they will find much if any real estate titled in his name for his estate to handle. I assume he's left everything to Michelle if she survives (including by way of trust holdings), and it wouldn't be unusual for Michelle to survive him. So it's not like JB pops his clogs and the kids suddenly come into any money. Much less in a situation that would see Josh in control of it. But dang, it would be interesting if somebody did rip off old JB, either now or posthumously. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

The big trust is in both Boob and Meech's names, so yeah, she gets everything when Boob kicks it. Naming Smuggar as executor after Meech passes would definitely be a shitshow worth watching. Although most of us wouldn't be around to see it unless they're like their parents and pass away fairly young. Cancer runs in both families, so there's something to watch for.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Although most of us wouldn't be around to see it unless they're like their parents and pass away fairly young

Yeah, that occurred to me while I was thinking I’d watch that. Boob and I are the same age. No reason to think I’d outlive him. I wonder if all those kids who grew up with the miserable nutrition in that house will live much beyond their father. 

• Love 3

Yeah I don't think things are going to be too much different for JB when he retires. He just happened to run semi-successful businesses with the lack of structure. 

With all that, if Smugs outlives his parents I will be surprised. 

• Love 5
On 10/7/2020 at 12:54 PM, xwordfanatik said:

It may as well be.  He's cuter than most of his brothers, so that's my monthly Duggar compliment.

That bar is so low, earthworms have trouble with it! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I thought if you were outside a mask wasn't needed? Not that it makes any difference to this group they don't wear a mask inside. 

Guidelines say wear them any time you're in public.....

Outside spaces are less dangerous than indoor spaces -- since there are more places for particles and such to float off to. And more wind to push them there. 

But you're still swapping the stuff you're breathing with the stuff the people around you are breathing. And nobody knows where any of their co-breathers have been. 

Plus, as you say, these people don't wear masks indoors either. Yet another reason they make me sick.  Although the idea of all those kids picking up the hideous Gothard "ideas" from these adult clowns makes me want to operate a kid-cult-rescue program from their damn broomstick-horse rodeo. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 15
31 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I thought if you were outside a mask wasn't needed? Not that it makes any difference to this group they don't wear a mask inside. 

Maskless outdoors is "okay" if you can maintain six feet of distance.

Sitting side by side on outdoor bleachers without masks is less risky than sitting side by side indoors without a mask, but the risk is there. Too much risk for my comfort.

Oops, just saw Churchie's post.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Wait, why is this all in Polish? Or is that just me? I don't think I changed any settings to Polish.

It's a screencap from someone who has their IG settings in Polish. 

The Spiveys are really moving on up in this world aren't they?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, emma675 said:

And not a mask in sight. Idiots.

That’s all I can see! Complete fools. I wouldn’t care except that they then mix with others who don’t deserve to be exposed.

2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

It’s definitely safer outside because of the air flow, but social distancing is still necessary. Look how many people ended up positive after that White House rose garden event a couple weeks ago. That was held outdoors, but people were too close together.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Interesting. Notice the defensive body language in the picture of Justin sitting next to his parents 

Claire still looks like his mother. She needs to get rid of those highlights because they photograph as gray streaks. 

I noticed that as well. Someone on Reddit took a picture with Justin and Claire at a restaurant in Texas. Yeah. Justin didn't leave much room for Jesus. 

Meanwhile he's doing a stereotypical teenage thing... While we all know he will soon be married. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Notice the defensive body language in the picture of Justin sitting next to his parents 

He also looks like he's freezing... everyone else in that picture has long sleeves or a coat, and he's there in his T-shirt and shorts.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Another camp picture:

60E9A1BF-3DEB-44CE-8E43-E0E1615A16BE.jpeg

Seeing Meechelle's or Jim Bob's smiling face straight on like this makes me want to put on armored gloves, pick up a large cactus, and shove it straight into their tonsils. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

I assume that's Claire, mom, and grandma in the picture? It looks like their faces aged to 35 in their teens and just stayed that way. If grandma pulled back her hair and put on a cap she wouldn't look that much older than Claire.

Justin doesn't look that happy. I wonder if he's decided that as soon as he's the headship these damn camps are done.

• Love 7