Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I think that was me because the Fort Worth connection stood out to me (I live in DFW, but spend much more time in Dallas). I'm curious as to the whole TFDW/Spivey/Justin connection. I know they're all part of ATI/IBLP, are they making efforts to branch off into their own subgroup of IBLP or what? And interesting that Justin is joining them rather than sticking with the Duggars which is more of what you would expect within a patriarchy. Justin really is Ben 2.0.

It was an astute observation! When you first mentioned it, I just filed it away as interesting. But now I'm basically Charlie in IASIP in conspiracy mode about it.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Confession: I probably am this more than I care to admit, just in general. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I think that was me because the Fort Worth connection stood out to me (I live in DFW, but spend much more time in Dallas). I'm curious as to the whole TFDW/Spivey/Justin connection. I know they're all part of ATI/IBLP, are they making efforts to branch off into their own subgroup of IBLP or what? And interesting that Justin is joining them rather than sticking with the Duggars which is more of what you would expect within a patriarchy. Justin really is Ben 2.0.

Anna and Abbie, who are middle children, married Duggar sons that are in the oldest group (i.e., Josh and JD).

The middle Duggar sons are marrying women who are the oldest in their families (i.e., Kendra, Lauren, and Claire)

Likely because J&M actually spoke to the older sons from time to time so they had all that headship garbage in their heads; when they looked for wives you know they were looking for situations where they could be easily accepted as the MAN who'll LEAD a woman who needs his leadership; that's easier with a younger sister in this cult bc she's already used to being told what to do by her 5 or 12 or whatever older siblings. She isn't used to having her own opinions or ever getting her way or having her wants fulfilled.

The younger boys OTOH were barely raised. They just got older -- I suppose they were sort of raised by Jana/Jill/Jinger -- so chances are those girls weren't putting headship ideas or frankly any ideas in their brothers' heads -- they were just feeding, bathing and doing the chores for them, not imparting "values" etc. And those younger boys turned out to have no life skills at all -- since no one raised them. So yeah I think when they think marriage, they realize it'd be easier to have a woman that's like the sister moms that raised them; that's all they know about a woman's role and frankly you know they're thinking at least she'll be able to feed me, shop for my food, wash my underwear, make my bed, clean the house bc I know she knows how to do that as the oldest girl in her family -- I mean look how well Jana knows how to do that, this oldest girl in her fam probably does as well.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

I mean, they come off to me like pretty typical high school sweethearts. And that’s fine, and sometimes those relationships become lifetime loves. I know more than one (thoroughly modern) couple who has had that. Lots of times, though, when the new graduates head off to college, the high school relationship doesn’t last the year.

I wish that this cult were OK with normal teenage dating — yes, including (safe) sex if the kids are ready for that. Let these kids grow up together, support one another through the trials and tribulations of being a teenager, and then, if it turns out that they’re still compatible as adults, marry and have kids (if they want). I just think it’s crazy to try and lock teenagers down into their first relationship — why?! What is the harm in letting people grow into adulthood and have real agency? But I guess I answered my own question 

• Love 14

another note on the Discipleship Summit pic I posted above -Emily Peters was on the same team as Claire. I think that is cousin Emily that has been shown staying with Anna and also the same Emily often shown with Lydia Patton who was mentored by Anna and now mentoring Hannie.

• Useful 3
17 hours ago, crazy8s said:

another note on the Discipleship Summit pic I posted above -Emily Peters was on the same team as Claire. I think that is cousin Emily that has been shown staying with Anna and also the same Emily often shown with Lydia Patton who was mentored by Anna and now mentoring Hannie.

Yeah! Let's turn a whole generation of young women into replicas of Anna Duggar!!! 

They should call their little group The Asshole Patriarch's Dream. 

I'm sure their daughters will all have attractively braided hair. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

So was the engagement party tonight or is she posting old pics? I’m guessing old pics or they sent Justin to go live with some other fam and only sent him one shirt. Glad to see JB, Michelle, Jana, JD and his wife and some brother who is a peer of Justin (Jason? James?) made it to the party so it didn’t completely seem like JB & M have handed a kid over to some other parents to finish raising.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think these are from the 10th. Justin and Claire are wearing the outfits they got engaged in.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH9dOOfj1QW/?igshid=1my11hbfgvvn6

Maybe she held off on posting all her pictures just in case the media wanted to publish, lol. There certainly were a lot of people crammed into this party. So maybe the two week delay was to make sure no one came down with the virus. She even put in her post that not everyone got their picture taken!

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Take the plate of food off the table before taking a picture of the cake.

How many pickles and jalapenos does one person need?  That was impressive.

JB's plate too. It looks like a dozen slices of turkey.

And Josie's leggings. They don't look like they've seen the inside of a washer in a while.

And while I'm here. Why do Fundies need to cram copious amounts of furniture in their homes?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

so JB and Meech, Jana, John and Abbie, Jason, James and Josie are in the pics and in one where they are cutting the cake, is it JTyler in a green shirt on the right?

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't think these were posted, either. Hilary really is a famewhore.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH9cJetDDGZ/?igshid=urqd1bxkz5ah

She makes Mike Seewald look like he wasn't a try-hard and Jackson D look like he isn't a photobomber.

That thirsty grin of hers drives me crazy. I wish people wouldn't work so hard to make me crave crappy, disappointing fates for them. Too late for Hilary, though. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JB's plate too. It looks like a dozen slices of turkey.

And Josie's leggings. They don't look like they've seen the inside of a washer in a while.

And while I'm here. Why do Fundies need to cram copious amounts of furniture in their homes?

That looked like gravy smears to me. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

so JB and Meech, Jana, John and Abbie, Jason, James and Josie are in the pics and in one where they are cutting the cake, is it JTyler in a green shirt on the right?

Yes, that looks like Tyler. Also a possible Jennie sighting in one of the group shots in a different post.

I find it weird that Jackson wasn't there, since most of the younger kids were, and he's close in age to Justin. Unless he's gone from photo bomber to camera shy? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Yes, that looks like Tyler. Also a possible Jennie sighting in one of the group shots in a different post.

I find it weird that Jackson wasn't there, since most of the younger kids were, and he's close in age to Justin. Unless he's gone from photo bomber to camera shy? 

Jackson figured out the pathway to escape involved finding a cutie in another state, clearly. 

Someone needs to knock Mrs. Spivey down a few notches. It's an interchangeable J'boy, one the viewers were shocked exists.

Claire looks an awful lot like Jana so I suppose the average viewer is going to think Jana is finally getting married. Maybe that's the rating bump they need. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Hilary is very quick on the trigger.  I just posted "where are your masks" a minute ago, and I am blocked!

Yet she hasn’t deleted a comment from 3 days ago saying, “Looks like a super spreader!”. Perhaps she doesn’t know the meaning. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I'm just more curious who is the thirstiest MIL, JRod or Hilary Spivey?

Definitely Spivey, JillR thinks she's right up their with the Duggars, without a connection. Although she would be insufferable if there ever was a Duggar/Rod wedding.

IMO, Hilary is the thirstiest of any of the inlaws thus far.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

can you just imagine one of that not Nuries and 17 yr old Robbie Spivey becoming a couple. now that might be entertaining to watch

That would be a cage-match worth pay-per-view. I would gladly fork over the money.

• LOL 14

I firmly believe that Justin is looking for a second, real family to cling to - wanting to escape his own home. The Spiveys at least look decent, and perhaps aren't as checked out as Meeeeechelle and Jim Blob. The fact that he's going to move to Texas (I think?) is further proof.

• Love 18
On 11/20/2020 at 9:17 PM, BitterApple said:

Those glasses make Claire look like she's 45 years old, but that's a nice birthday message for her brother. 

And sadly, those glasses are right on trend for a girl her age. My nephew's fiancee is 24 and she wears some even older looking glasses, as does he. I recently worked at an optometrist's office for a few months and the glasses people, especially teens and twenty somethings, were  picking out were horrifyingly clunky and just plain ugly. She's really on trend with the clear frames too. The frames were giving me flash backs of when I wore glasses before I got contacts.... 30 years ago. And don't even get me started on teenage girls picking  out frames that can best be described as looking like the old man from Up!

Somehow this child marriage seems even worse than the other child marriages the Duggar's have given us. Justin comes across as even younger than he is and it's really seeming like two 12 year olds playing wedding. I do think he's gotten more attention and guidance from her parents in the last few how ever many months this relationship's been going on than he did from his own parents in his entire life, so I guess there's that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11