Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Damn. So, so young. I just wish they could, you know, watch a few movies together or go to the bowling alley or do some age-appropriate things before settling down and birthin' babies.

They'd rather do the Clustinfuck. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I find it weird that Claire looks SO much like Jana, and that her mom calls him Bud, and hugs him on their couch (where he’s obviously living with them) while he’s cuddled in a blanket. All the moment he turns 18. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Damn. So, so young. I just wish they could, you know, watch a few movies together or go to the bowling alley or do some age-appropriate things before settling down and birthin' babies.

They will do that after getting married. And call it date night while shopping at Walmart or going for pizza. It’s a sad sad thing. 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

They will do that after getting married. And call it date night while shopping at Walmart or going for pizza. It’s sad sad thing. 

While her mother babysits so they can go on a date night

• Love 4

So Justin "skipped" over Jed, Jer, Jason and James. They are all older than him

I  don't know if he wants to get away from the family, or is he really in love (or what they think love is). And since there are no dating, next step is marriage.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I agree. Even if they got married and waited to have kids, they could do all that fun stuff, but no, we will be on baby watch in 9 months after the wedding. 

• Love 4

I called it. I predict a wedding the weekend of Valentine's Day. Justin will certainly be Ben 2.0. I cannot tell yet if Justin was a "problem" or if he met Claire, and it was "lust at first sight" (in a normal teenage way) and the parents thought it would be best to get them courting and engaged ASAP less they make out in a closet or something. 

Given that Claire is the oldest of 6, Justin is probably getting more 1:1 attention at her house than he ever did at the TTH. He will likely work for her Dad, along side her until she is pregnant (and except for a medical complication I expect a birth in 2021, or beginning of 2022).

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I called it. I predict a wedding the weekend of Valentine's Day. Justin will certainly be Ben 2.0. I cannot tell yet if Justin was a "problem" or if he met Claire, and it was "lust at first sight" (in a normal teenage way) and the parents thought it would be best to get them courting and engaged ASAP less they make out in a closet or something. 

Given that Claire is the oldest of 6, Justin is probably getting more 1:1 attention at her house than he ever did at the TTH. He will likely work for her Dad, along side her until she is pregnant (and except for a medical complication I expect a birth in 2021, or beginning of 2022).

Even if it were lust at first sight, these 2 live states apart so it shouldn’t have been a problem to keep them separated and out of closets.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I kind of thought Josiah and Lauren were a case of an arranged marriage between 'problem' children.  At least those two were a bit older than Claritin.  

These two ought to be in college, and, you know, actually DATING, not making a lifelong commitment.  

Not much older.  Lauren was actually younger than Claire. She was 18 when they were courting and engaged. She turned 19, six weeks ahead of the wedding. 

Josiah was 21 almost 22. 

I've never thought/believed Lauren was a problem child, just old enough to marry in their culture. 

I'm depressed all these kids are trapped so young. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Not much older.  Lauren was actually younger than Claire. She was 18 when they were courting and engaged. She turned 19, six weeks ahead of the wedding. 

Josiah was 21 almost 22. 

I've never thought/believed Lauren was a problem child, just old enough to marry in their culture. 

I'm depressed all these kids are trapped so young. 

Yeah I think Josiah was considered more of a problem child than Lauren. I think her personality would be a nightmare to deal with, but I don't think her family views her with the same level of disdain that Jim Bob seems to have for Josiah. 

• Love 7

i suspect it was less that Justin and Claire are problems and more they liked each other, then the parents mutually agreeing this was a good arrangement for whatever reason that suited their purposes. mommy spivey is all in going for fame and oversharing like Jill Rodrigues. Hilary doesn't even need the "Anna Duggar's brother". her girl got a duggar boy.  Spivey dad's cheesy grin in every pic is similar to JB's. Possibly JB just wanted to keep the ratings going, while also getting the in laws to give the kid a job and have one less on the books.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

i suspect it was less that Justin and Claire are problems and more they liked each other, then the parents mutually agreeing this was a good arrangement for whatever reason that suited their purposes. mommy spivey is all in going for fame and oversharing like Jill Rodrigues. Hilary doesn't even need the "Anna Duggar's brother". her girl got a duggar boy.  Spivey dad's cheesy grin in every pic is similar to JB's. Possibly JB just wanted to keep the ratings going, while also getting the in laws to give the kid a job and have one less on the books.

That makes a lot of sense, actually.  I hate that cheesy grin on both of them!  And mom Spivey does seem like she enjoys the spotlight.

I may have been thinking of Josiah's previous courtship with the other teenager.  

• Love 6

Think Jim Bob knows the rest of the Duggar brood face irrelevance unless they can keep a constant supply of :"courtship" and wedding and baby episodes for TLC. Claire just fit the boxes of what the Duggars were looking for. 

Viewers have a bond (sort of) with the older J-slaves because we remember their tired, hollow looks after leading a "buddy group." But the younger Duggars aren't good looking, aren't charismatic, and were raised by their older siblings. WHat's interesting? Therefore, marriage. 

• Love 9

agree  - seriously the whole original brand of a big family is down Jackson, Tyler and the 4 girls maybe at the SOTDT.  the leave and cleave they spouted about has not happened for any duggar spawn. Jill and Derick maybe, but only after legal action/threats to get money.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 5
On 11/16/2020 at 5:33 PM, xwordfanatik said:

These two ought to be in college, and, you know, actually DATING, not making a lifelong commitment.  

Justin should be in his last year of high school, enjoying the perks of being a senior and figuring out what he wants to major in at the University of Arkansas. 

ETA: One of the reasons the male Duggars aren't that interesting is they don't really do anything "different". They wear normal clothes, have somewhat normal activities, and act like the majority of evangelical christian teens. The J'slaves had to raise their siblings, do all the cooking, cleaning, and packing, and dress in outdated second-hand clothing. All while praising their parents and their lifestyle. It made them interesting in a horrifyingly train wreck manner.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 15
On 11/17/2020 at 9:14 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Wasn't Kendra an oldest child?  And Lauren?  And Abbie?  And now Claire.  It's as if all these Howlers need a mature, no nonsense wife, as oldest daughters must be in those big families.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, louannems said:

Wasn't Kendra an oldest child?  And Lauren?  And Abbie?  And now Claire.  It's as if all these Howlers need a mature, no nonsense wife, as oldest daughters must be in those big families.

No Abbie isn’t the oldest. She’s 4 or 5 of 8 I think, somewhere in the middle. 

Kendra and Lauren are the oldest of their families. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/17/2020 at 10:16 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Late February, I think. Wedding will be Valentine's weekend.

We’re calling bets that baby #1 will be born October 2021, right?  These young ones plan to hop on the baby train immediately, I’m guessing. Is he really living at their house?! At least Bin stayed out in the warehouse. This seems like tempting fate. 

• Love 3

Maybe that church was  already established as an IBLP outpost? You gotta wonder if the Spiveys were instrumental in getting TFDW to change careers and pastor this church.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Post snuck in needed more details
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

So, everyone thinks they will wait until Valentine's Day for the wedding?  At the speed they seem to be going, it could be Christmas or New Year!

Typically engagements are 3 months.

• Useful 1

Yeah honestly, Justin is already living with Claire in Texas. Why wait until Valentine's Day?

The way he's been "adopted" into the Spivey family is kind of sweet, and I would find their teenage romance sweet, too -- if I didn't know that they'll be under pressure to make as many babies as possible as quickly as possible, for the rest of their lives.

• Love 6

Yes, it would be a sweet teenage romance that slowly ended when both kids left for college, but the familial relationship would last forever ~ if any of these people had an actual brain.

• Love 19

They won't be pressured to make babies. They are young and probably very horny, so they will have lots of sex. If they are healthy with no problems, lots of sex will soon lead to baby no.1.

I find them similar to Joe and Kendra regarding that

• Love 7
21 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Probably will have baby by 12/2021.

I’m guessing sooner. 

12 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

So, everyone thinks they will wait until Valentine's Day for the wedding?  At the speed they seem to be going, it could be Christmas or New Year!

Agree. Feb would be a long wait considering how anxious they all seem to be to get this show on the road!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/18/2020 at 10:03 PM, Zella said:

Who was the one who, when TFDW's new career first broke on here, picked up on the fact that his church was near the Spiveys? You deserve prizes! 

I think that was me because the Fort Worth connection stood out to me (I live in DFW, but spend much more time in Dallas). I'm curious as to the whole TFDW/Spivey/Justin connection. I know they're all part of ATI/IBLP, are they making efforts to branch off into their own subgroup of IBLP or what? And interesting that Justin is joining them rather than sticking with the Duggars which is more of what you would expect within a patriarchy. Justin really is Ben 2.0.

On 11/18/2020 at 8:56 PM, Scarlett45 said:

No Abbie isn’t the oldest. She’s 4 or 5 of 8 I think, somewhere in the middle. 

Kendra and Lauren are the oldest of their families. 

Anna and Abbie, who are middle children, married Duggar sons that are in the oldest group (i.e., Josh and JD).

The middle Duggar sons are marrying women who are the oldest in their families (i.e., Kendra, Lauren, and Claire)

• Useful 2
  • Love 5