Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

All of this taking one son away from a "love interest" and putting another son with that girl reminds me of the jewelry/music box story that Jana shared.  It was her box but Jessa wanted it and took it.  Ma and Pa Duggar told Jana she needed to give the box to Jessa, nicely.  So Jana did.  Ma and Pa didn't go to Jessa and say it wasn't her box to take, instead, they made the older sister give it up.  Maybe Ma and Pa were training the kids for courtship.  You may get who you want or we may take you out and put your brother in there and you will be happy about it.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

All of this taking one son away from a "love interest" and putting another son with that girl reminds me of the jewelry/music box story that Jana shared.  It was her box but Jessa wanted it and took it.  Ma and Pa Duggar told Jana she needed to give the box to Jessa, nicely.  So Jana did.  Ma and Pa didn't go to Jessa and say it wasn't her box to take, instead, they made the older sister give it up.  Maybe Ma and Pa were training the kids for courtship.  You may get who you want or we may take you out and put your brother in there and you will be happy about it.  

Actually, the story is Jessa was constantly kicking Jana's bunk and generally pestering Jana. Jana went to her parents and Michelle said something like you need to show Jessa grace by giving her something you love. The only thing Jana owned was her prized jewelry box so she give it to Jessa. 

When Jana recites the story she actually tears up. When Jessa recites it she smirks and laughs.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 14
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Actually, the story is Jessa was constantly kicking Jana's bunk and generally pestering Jana. Jana went to her parents and Michelle said something like you need to show Jessa grace by giving her something you love. The only thing Jana owned was her prized jewelry box so she give it to Jessa. 

When Jana recites the story she actually tears up. When Jessa recites it she smirks and laughs.

That's how I remember it, too.  And Jana's tears were real when she told the story.

• Like 12
  • Sad 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Thank you for posting the background of this story.  I did remember that Jessa was being a bully and getting rewarded for it and I remember Jana's tears.  (And also that Ma and Pa were "shocked" by Jana's reaction when telling the story.)  Anyway, remembering that story made me think of the son who really likes a girl, but Pa thinks another son is better for that girl and makes the arrangement.  I could see Pa sitting down with the son who has to give up the girl and giving a similar speech to him that they gave to Jana, giving something away that means a lot to them to someone who may or may not deserve it.  

The kids do seem to honor their marriages, other than Smugs.  

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Like 4

There was a rumor that Jed had a crush on Kendra, but she got with Joe instead.  Apparently Jed was upset about it and his parents made him write a letter to Joe telling Joe that it was OK and wishing them well.  No idea if this was true, but this sort of thing seems to crop up a lot.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 1
(edited)

Disregard if this has been discussed before:  I can't remember where I read it, but I saw something about Claire having a crush a while back on a guy who did not meet her parent's approval.  They made her dump him and scrambled to find another--hence, Justin.  In the same article, there was something about someone who knows Claire saying she wanted to be married for a while before having kids.  Take it with a grain of salt because I can't remember where I read it.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 7/20/2023 at 7:01 AM, lookeyloo said:

Well neither have Michaela Bates and Brandon Keiler but not for lack of trying.  So they say.

Hopefully, given their young ages, someone took them aside and explained the merits of birth control and waiting to plan a family.

Speaking of Michaela, did she ever finish her RN degree?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Stevie Nicks said:

How long have they been married? Wonder why they haven't had a baby yet. It's so odd in their world to not have had one yet. 

I hope they're using birth control in some form, and are purposely postponing having kids.  If so, good for them!

• Like 19
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hope they're using birth control in some form, and are purposely postponing having kids.  If so, good for them!

I wouldn't mind if for some reason they couldn't have kids. There's enough JB Duggar grandchildren running around being raised with his beliefs and educated by his uneducated adult children that the loss of 2-20 from on kid is not an issue for me.

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1