Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

What else do they have?  College?  Trade school?  Concerts? Playing team sports?

So freaking frustrating.  They have none of these, but yet they seem to have unlimited funds to take whatever vacations they want.  

And yes, Hils, I'm certain that you will help in any way you can to make these boys' dreams a reality.  That's not at all creepy or weird.  Hope you're polishing your snowboard so you can play, too.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

What, to go snowboarding? Lofty dreams there, boys...

I know lots of men (but these are still boys and not me , right? 🤣) who would love to take off for a snowboarding/skiing vacation right now, but they have to work. 

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I know lots of men (but these are still boys and not me , right? 🤣) who would love to take off for a snowboarding/skiing vacation right now, but they have to work. 

Yep, work. That nasty 4-letter word. Working sure puts a dent in our days, doesn’t it?

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

If I see them on a Shark Tank episode with a snowboarding business in the next few years...I doubt that would happen but that is the only "dream" that would really be meaningful to me in my opinion.

They don't have the motivation to go on Shark Tank.  No jobs, no skills.. thank you SOTDT.  Another generation (not all) doing nothing.. not a brain in their head

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Did y'all see Claire's Instagram posts? She's selling some diet product and she's been dieting for 11 years now. She's been dieting since was 9 about to be 10. Her mother is like Jill R in more ways than one, I guess.

The post is gone.  Must have been in her stories.  But, could it be that Claire was reading from the marketing copy and was too lazy to make it fit her.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Justin just flipped a house in Texas.  Sold it for 19900.00 you you ever pay a penny for a Duggar flip home? I know that I'd not take a house from them even if it's free. 

Sure, he did. So much there that they’re hiding!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

None of these guys are licensed to do electrical, plumbing, etc. How do their properties even pass inspection?

I suppose Pa Spivey could have been involved in that flip. He's allegedly a successful contractor (vs a JB type wheeler dealer) and if so he's probably up on the requirements for inspections and certificates of occupancy. And he'd know which trades (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.) to bring in as necessary. OTOH if Spivey's one of the ATI/fundie crowd, I'd trust him about as far as I could throw him. So there's that.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I suppose Pa Spivey could have been involved in that flip. He's allegedly a successful contractor (vs a JB type wheeler dealer) and if so he's probably up on the requirements for inspections and certificates of occupancy. And he'd know which trades (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.) to bring in as necessary. OTOH if Spivey's one of the ATI/fundie crowd, I'd trust him about as far as I could throw him. So there's that.

That’s why I said there has to be more to this story. How did Justin, barely out of his teens, get the money to buy a home and remodel it without lots of help? 

• Love 3

justin bought a house with JB in arkansas and flipped it. so maybe he had some starting money. maybe Justin followed Jill's example and asked for his money from the show. who knows.

surely Justin and Robby are working under Pa Spivey's license for now since they wear Spivey construction shirts and hats. The other guys Jere, Josiah, Jason and Austin all have a contractor's license now. It is a limited license.

• Love 3

The Duggars certainly aren't unique in house renos. I certainly think they likely cut corners and some of their work is substandard, but I'm going to guess that most house flips don't include licensed contractors or inspections. Unless of course its a reno like Jessa's. Once you start doing exterior work the risk is too great of getting caught doing work without permits and subsequent inspections.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars certainly aren't unique in house renos. I certainly think they likely cut corners and some of their work is substandard, but I'm going to guess that most house flips don't include licensed contractors or inspections. Unless of course its a reno like Jessa's. Once you start doing exterior work the risk is too great of getting caught doing work without permits and subsequent inspections.

Yep.  I have seen a few inspectors on TikTok doing videos highlighting the choices some flippers make.  Corners are cut left and right, and some are so egregious that you do not need to be an inspector to see the substandard work.  

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They definitely aren’t unique, but very few teenagers are flipping houses. Mostly because they don’t have the money to buy properties to begin with. Or the money needed to renovate those properties. Looking at you, Justin and Austin. 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

The Duggar boys are so homely looking. Eesh.

I’ve always thought James was a somewhat decent looking kid, but maturity sure has not been kind.  Definitely headed in the opposite direction. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

It's interesting how JB and Michelle's genes worked out. All nine of their daughters are quite pretty (awkward phases aside). But their sons did not get the same luck of the genetic draw as far as looks go. Of course, the sons DID get the luck of being born with penises in a cult that worships said appendage. And Hilaria loves them, no matter what they look like.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

A Dugvey or Spigar 

Oh boy Claire/Justin kids will not be attractive adults 😜🤪🤣

Ugh, I find several of the Spiveys close to hideous. I’m sorry. A Duggar/Spivey mix- 😱😩

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, Panopticon said:

And Hilaria loves them, no matter what they look like.

And no matter what they have done. I knew Mrs. S was pass thirsty, the woman is parched. The way she managed to insert herself into the trial is worthy of a trophy. I bet every time JRod got a glimpse of Hilaria she had a jealous fit. The woman already has her good character letter ready for Justin’s brother, and signed by her husband. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SMama said:

And no matter what they have done. I knew Mrs. S was pass thirsty, the woman is parched. The way she managed to insert herself into the trial is worthy of a trophy. I bet every time JRod got a glimpse of Hilaria she had a jealous fit. The woman already has her good character letter ready for Justin’s brother, and signed by her husband. 

Actually, this might not be far from the truth. Smuggar and Rob Spivey go all the way back to the IBLP training center that Smugs was sent to back in 2003. Rob was working there in some capacity. 

• Useful 7
55 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Actually, this might not be far from the truth. Smuggar and Rob Spivey go all the way back to the IBLP training center that Smugs was sent to back in 2003. Rob was working there in some capacity. 

Josh was doing construction there right? Could Spivey have been his 'mentor'?

• Love 1