Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm the LAST person to defend a Duggar, but I guess Justin could have said this to Hilaria when they were still inside?

yeah could have happened that way. but surely they all knew cameras would be there - they have been all week. Hilary has a smile while taking off her mask. Robby Spivey didn't get the message - he seems somber.

but damn Hilaria is supposed to be the adult - she could have said just say no comment and polite smile.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

yeah could have happened that way. but surely they all knew cameras would be there - they have been all week. Hilary has a smile while taking off her mask. Robby Spivey didn't get the message - he seems somber.

but damn Hilaria is supposed to be the adult - she could have said just say no comment and polite smile.

But Justin is sooooo sweet! 

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

This whole incident with Justin shows that he is way too immature to be married. First of all the whole silly grin and thumbs up and secondly that he needed his " mommy figure" to fight his battle for him.

True. I am almost more disturbed by his heinous neck beard.

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

They really should have done as Josh and Anna finally learned to do - keep their masks on while they walked by.

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

If only he’d left his mask on. No need to crack a smile, fake or not, with a mask. They don’t just protect you from Covid, they also keep you from making a a$$hole of yourself. 

But if he had still done the thumbs up, we would have still gone at him pretty hard. Testimony had tilted a bit in Smuggar's favor at that break, so it was obvious what he was signaling.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

But if he had still done the thumbs up, we would have still gone at him pretty hard. Testimony had tilted a bit in Smuggar's favor at that break, so it was obvious what he was signaling.

So he is pro Josh?

• Love 1

Question, do Justin and Claire live with her parents, like in their home?  Did they have the sex before marriage and there was a rush to make sure they only had god blessed relations and that’s why they allowed someone who’s obviously still a child to marry their daughter? 

And I say this as someone who met my husband when we were teens and got married in my early 20’s. But we didn’t have some religious pressure and had sex well before we married and I really think my husband  has always been an 80 year old man. 

Edited by Trillium
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Gweilo said:

"Justin, sweetie, let me protect you. I'll walk out first and let the cameras take a photo of my poor mug so you can slip quietly out. It's such a sacrifice to be noticed in the media, but it's one I'll gladly make for you!"

Wheezing 🤣💀

• Love 4
10 hours ago, irisheyes said:

If only he’d left his mask on. No need to crack a smile, fake or not, with a mask. They don’t just protect you from Covid, they also keep you from making a a$$hole of yourself. 

Of course, being the ridiculous child he is, he might still have done the thumbs up -- only bigger and more enthusiastically. And then .... "What do you mean, the mask was so people wouldn't see me smiling? Why should I stop smiling! I don't understand...Waaaaaa---aaaaa---aaaa..."  😁 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

So he is pro Josh?

Well, if Hillary is to be believed - and in this case, I think she may be somewhat correct - he just wanted to be look positive, and put zero thought into how to look positive and appropriate.

Which to me suggests that whether he is pro or anti Josh, he just doesn't care all that much. I'm not saying that he wants Josh to go to jail; just that the outcome probably won't affect him all that much - or at least, not as much as it could affect the other Duggarlings/Duggar adjacents.

There's a 14 year age gap. Josh married and left the big house when Justin was five or six years old.  The 2015 scandals happened when Justin was about 13, and even apart from the months at Jesus Jail, given the nature of the scandals I suspect he and the younger Duggars were at least somewhat kept away from Josh initially.

Justin apparently more or less moved down to Texas shortly after that - certainly by early 2019, possibly by 2018. He's spent most of this year down in Texas.

So that gives them a maybe two, three year period in 2016 through 2018 to get to know each other and bond. I'm not saying they didn't, but that age gap was still there, and Justin was old enough to understand by that point that Josh had - temporarily - lost the family show. 

And as of right now, he is probably the Duggarling least affected by this whole thing. He wasn't one of Josh's victims. He didn't grow up playing with Josh. He doesn't live in the area, let alone the house.  He apparently has no ambition for a career in religion or politics. He has a job where clients will see the name Spivey before they see the name Duggar. He won't be held responsible for the M kids or even asked to provide childcare to help out Anna. And so on. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 15

After thinking about it for a few days, I feel like I need to give Dubby a pass.  Let's face it, during his younger years as a howler, when not running around like a banshee, he was blanket-trained to be "camera ready" by his parents.  The thumbs up smiling pose is probably so engrained in him that it more like a pavlovian reflex at this point.  The issue I have now is why the frick didn't any adult in this situation sit them all down and explain the seriousness of this and advise them on how to deal with the press in an appropriate fashion?? More major fails from Mother of the Year and King Boob.  I don't feel this was Hilaria's job, but her defense of the situation is grasping at best.  Finally, where was Claire?  She couldn't possible be "working"....  is she too distraught to make an appearance?  Perhaps she's resting to make sure the she's physically fit enough to catch a baby.  (or have they already annouced and I missed it in all this madness??)

• Love 13
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

The issue I have now is why the frick didn't any adult in this situation sit them all down and explain the seriousness of this and advise them on how to deal with the press in an appropriate fashion??

Since Justin is now married he is considered a full-fledged adult by his cult-leaders parents. It would never cross anyone's mind that Justin might need to know how to act at a trial. 

37 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I thought JereME was the thirstiest Duggar-adjacent but Hillaria has him beat by a country-bumpkin mile. 

It’s a close race. Then add JillRod (aka BME) into the mix (even though she is not a Duggar-adjacent… but let’s not forget Precious Nurie married ANNA DUGGAR’S brother) she may well consider herself a horse in that race…

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

JillRod is so, so thirsty, but I see her as also more overtly unhinged, which I think limits her results because it is immediately off-putting, even in their world. With Hilaria, you don't really have the obvious indicators of crazy until you start paying attention to her. 

I do really think that Hilaria was incredibly pissed that the show was canceled before anything with Claire Hilaria got to air. I know the wedding didn't air, and I'm assuming nothing else from the courtship did either. I envision her laying awake at night plotting ever since. Lol

• Love 23
5 hours ago, Zella said:

JillRod is so, so thirsty, but I see her as also more overtly unhinged, which I think limits her results because it is immediately off-putting, even in their world. With Hilaria, you don't really have the obvious indicators of crazy until you start paying attention to her. 

I do really think that Hilaria was incredibly pissed that the show was canceled before anything with Claire Hilaria got to air. I know the wedding didn't air, and I'm assuming nothing else from the courtship did either. I envision her laying awake at night plotting ever since. Lol

Yeah, all that aired of their "relationship" was the FaceTime announcement to his family that they were together. As if they didn't already know. That was so staged and was the very last thing we saw on the very last new episode that aired. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

What is even happening here?

Ben is exiting a coffee shop loaded with sampler boxes of coffees.  Jessa said they were stocking up to use for Christmas gifts.  Months ahead of Christmas so he can gift stale coffee.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I thought JereME was the thirstiest Duggar-adjacent but Hillaria has him beat by a country-bumpkin mile. 

I would love to see both of them trying to leave the courthouse at the exact same time, throwing elbows and clotheslining each other to be the first one out the doors for the paps.

• LOL 17
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Not today. I would imagine one has to be 18+ to attend these proceedings.

Oh yes, I know. The original poster was just asking if Justin was the howler who had the reputation for being a photobomber. They hypothesized that old habits kicked in and caused him to do the grinning thumbs up pose. I was just explaining that it was Jackson, not Justin, who had the reputation of being a photobomber, or at least in his younger days. I probably should have explained that more clearly.  Sorry!

• Love 9