Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As a member of the five head club, Claire needs bangs.  Those glasses might work for her face with them.  I don't think there is any style of frames that work with a Peyton Manning forehead.  

Some of us with fiveheads also have really oily skin and hair, so the bangs frequently looking like shit kind of cancel out whatever concealment they offer for the forehead, though.

Not sure if that is her issue, but if it is, I can't fault her for not wearing them. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9

I have a five-head and a narrow face. I've worn bangs since my early 20s. During the start of the pandemic, I said screw it, I'm so tired of managing my often unruly bangs. So I've grown them out and I'm embracing my forehead. I may look better with bangs, but for now, I'm happier without them.

• Love 14
On 7/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

As a member of the five head club, Claire needs bangs.  Those glasses might work for her face with them.  I don't think there is any style of frames that work with a Peyton Manning forehead.  

Between Claire and Justin, it's hard to say who has more forehead.

• Love 3

I was thinking about poor Hilaria this morning when writing a post about Josh's case. She's lost her big chance to be a TLC Breakout Star™ via the Duggars, and has gone fairly quiet on Instagram. I also looked at both Justin's and Claire's IG feeds just now, and they've gone mostly quiet too. It's not surprising in light of the pending criminal case. On one hand it's not fair if people scorn them on account of what Josh is accused of (and what I for one believe he did). OTOH the Duggars got rich and famous on the basis of being One Huge Righteous Special Family, so the misbehavior of the crown prince will have an impact on everyone else when it comes to the hurly burly of public social media. 

I hope Justin's truly escaped financial servitude to JB - even if all he's done for now is move from a headship in Arkansas to a headship (Mr. Spivey) in Texas. if Justin works hard and learns construction skilz, he'll be in a position to support his family by his own work in the future regardless of how well Duggar Enterprises is doing.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Might as well wait and do a birth announcement. Truly no one cares in the Duggar family. The kid will be a number and a face in a sea of Duggaroos.

No truer words have ever been spoken. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Pretty sure he never had an algebra teacher. 

He never had a licensed teacher period.

2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

They teach algebra. I remember Joy had algebra to do as a senior.

Wow algebra is taught way earlier than 12th grade. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I had it in 9th grade.  Granted, it was my least favorite subject.

Hilaria must be hysterical that Claire hasn't announced a pregnancy yet.  

Maybe Claire is on birth control. 
Hilary doesn’t have 12 kids so maybe they used birth control.

Jill Rod is a good candidate for a hysterical pregnancy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

They teach algebra. I remember Joy had algebra to do as a senior.

Given that she hasn't seemed to master multiplication even as an adult (see attached),

I can't imagine what she did in algebra class.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

It's almost like they never did a 3rd grade math story problem before.🤣 Joy definitely had never seen x used in a math story problem and Austin had to say "times" and Jessa hesitated on the division symbol used in a sentence.

Since this is the Justin/Claire thread, I wonder if Claire would have needed to coach Juddy Buddy the same way or if her education was equally substandard.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, graefin said:

Given that she hasn't seemed to master multiplication even as an adult (see attached),

I think I need more coffee. Or I haven't had enough. My brain totally saw that as "masturbation."

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

C3747920-37F6-4DCC-8C53-5BD7846D92D4.jpeg

Followed by shilling a tumbler. Screenshot from a video:

5670A571-7820-4877-85B1-5C699CFE46D2.jpeg

Those are her lashes, not extensions.  But  I bet she used Latisse.  I did on my sparse, thin lashes and I got sparse, thin but very long lashes. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, graefin said:

I doubt her "teacher" knew any algebra either. 

The person who wrote the book may have known algebra. Likely didn't really known how to explain or teach it, though. 

In the end I'd guess it was a matter of retaking the test answering randomly until you "passed." ....Or didn't. Because who cares, really? Jesus didn't do algebra!

For some, it was probably a matter of figuring out how to pass the tests without actually taking them -- there's always a way in badly designed "computer learning." And some kids enjoy that kind of cheating. Doubt Joy bothered by that time, though. I'd bet their "education" demoralized her early on so she did nothing but mark time, for the most part. 

15 minutes ago, BOOgen3 said:

Lunch break from what?

Maybe Claire does a Jill -- has daily lunch with hubby at his workplace....or maybe it's still her workplace, too......

Sometimes she looks 12 to me and sometimes she looks 40. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe Claire does a Jill -- has daily lunch with hubby at his workplace....or maybe it's still her workplace, too......

Sometimes she looks 12 to me and sometimes she looks 40. 

And yet those lashes freak me out. Every. Single. Time.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I saw their six month 'anniversary' post. It crossed my mind to snark about it not being a pregnancy announcement so they are slacking off at their Main Number One Most Important Mission, i.e., to produce babeez for Jesus and JimBob. 

But TBH i'm not in a place where I can even joke about those folks right now. I rather hope Claire and Justin don't rush into parenthood. But if Hilaria's into the whole IBLP/Duggar thing she's probably not counseling her daughter to hold off jumping on the baby train. 

• Love 10

Ashy, pale blonde is trendy, but it can also be very aging. I don't know if this is the most flattering choice for a girl who already looks like her husband's teen mom. I would've gone for a warmer color similar to Jinger's current shade.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I have extremely fine hair, and I keep it very short, so I have a question about long hair.  Is it supposed to look all fluffy at the bottom like Claire's?  Is this a new "thing"?

It's a 'thing' if your hair is overprocessed and underconditioned and you don't keep the ends properly trimmed.

These fundie girls are so obsessed with having long hair that they don't seem to realize that long unhealthy hair looks terrible.

Most people's hair has a certain length at which it will start to look raggedly and, for many, it is well above the waist, which seems to be where these fundies want to wear theirs.  If they kept the ends trimmed so they were smooth, it couldn't get as long as they want it.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I have extremely fine hair, and I keep it very short, so I have a question about long hair.  Is it supposed to look all fluffy at the bottom like Claire's?  Is this a new "thing"?

No, it's supposed to look smooth like the second photo.  As others have said it's dry hair/split ends, not frequent enough trims.  Regular conditioning of the lower part of the hair will help keep it under control as will styling the hair and not letting it simply air dry.  

• Love 6