Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Is Michelle wearing same dress she wore to Jinger’s wedding? It’s a similar style, if not same.

I thought she was.  It looks good on her so glad if she's getting another use out of it.

• Love 1

About Claire's shoes...remember that Jill and Jessa were barefoot at their weddings, so I'll take orthopedic shoes over bare feet any day. 

I liked Jinger's shoes the best, although they were probably more uncomfortable for longer periods of time - the loud shoes in contrast with the white dress.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Maybe Claire got pregnant BEFORE the wedding? Oh the horror LOL

I think it’s kind of amusing how we take all of these people at their word about never having sex or even kissing before they get married. Especially considering the frequent huge gap between Duggar Lore and reality.

It’s even possible, given how little scientific information these kids receive, that they had sex but didn’t call it that, so it’s fine. I used to work for a bridal magazine that had a column about sex every month that addressed reader questions. You wouldn’t believe the level of ignorance of basic sex education of some of the questions we received. It was tragic.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Gangly teenager. 

This.  Justin looks like he's at that weird late teenage stage where most boys look all Gumby-ish before they fill out and become handsome.  Of course, he IS at that late teen-age stage...and most Duggar boys don't grow out of that anyway, they just go from looking 14 to looking like middle-aged fathers.

18 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Michelle actually looks nice 

Her navy dress and pearls just remind me so much of every bridesmaids ensemble I wore in the late 80's/early 90's.

• Love 6

Her shoes are “hey dude” shoes. They are quite popular around here (Florida). I don’t have any but I have heard they are the MOST comfortable shoes ever. 
kids, teens, adults, everyone’s wearing them. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I just ordered a pair, I cant be left behind !

I'm out of the loop!  are they warm weather shoes.. (god, i'm getting old).

9 hours ago, katycat74 said:

I always wondered how they justify coffee drinking, being that caffeine works as a drug..gives you a boost. Then why not wine that mellows you out? 

They want to be 'jacked' up.  Wine, Weed, would bring them down and god knows, they don't want to be more or a downer than they are.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I ordered a pair yesterday, lol. I live in Florida but my feet bother me if I wear sandals 100% of the time, so I’m always looking for a comfy slip on shoe. Who knew snarking could lead to shopping? 

Back to Claritin, their wedding looked normal, the flowers were gorgeous and there was real food. Definitely not due to the Duggars. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Really? Or are you joking?

Lulz! Reading the reviews, people swear by them and say they're the most comfortable shoes they've owned. The pair Claire wore were kind of clunky, but they've got much cuter styles on their website. I'm tempted... 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz! Reading the reviews, people swear by them and say they're the most comfortable shoes they've owned. The pair Claire wore were kind of clunky, but they've got much cuter styles on their website. I'm tempted... 

I'm tempted too. They're kind of a funky hybrid of boat shoe/sneaker/slipper. A tad pricey though.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I’m tempted too !

Luckily most are sold out in my size !

And yes if they were under $30 I would have bought a pair. For $60 I rather get Nike. 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 1

I'm not finding wide sizes for those of us with Flintstone feet. Thanks, Hey Dude. 

I did think Claire's shoes looked ugly as hell, but some of the patterns on the web are fun. I have no shame about wearing ugly shoes. I have a hard enough time finding something that fits. But maybe she could have found a cuter pattern to go with her wedding dress?

• Love 6

wow Claire apparently missed an opportunity for money there. should have already contacted the shoe company ahead of time and got a deal with the shoe place for the Use my Code save 15%

Claire is going to have to up her game to be in the duggar fam

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

$1.99 shoes

Justin got no $$$

Unless Claire’s parents continue to buy her clothes 

I could see Hilaria taking her best friend Claire shopping for clothes and other treats.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, katycat74 said:

I always wondered how they justify coffee drinking, being that caffeine works as a drug..gives you a boost. Then why not wine that mellows you out? 

I believe that both of them had large Dunkin Donuts ice coffee, slurped it down, and had sex on the side of the road (what they think is sex) and did it and raised high-fives after.  Hell, it sounds pretty good..lol

• LOL 5
20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

wow Claire apparently missed an opportunity for money there. should have already contacted the shoe company ahead of time and got a deal with the shoe place for the Use my Code save 15%

Claire is going to have to up her game to be in the duggar fam

I'm sure she'll learn from her sweet sisters-in-law

• Love 5
11 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I just ordered a pair, I cant be left behind !

My mother sent me to Catholic school with ORTHOPEDIC SHOES - it was called "dink-toed* at the time.  I kinda liked them but holy mother.. when i got to school (I was in the 2nd grade) all the 8th graders made fun of me.. calling me "dink-toed'.. I had one foot that bent the wrong way.  Back then it would be bullying.. but we didn't call it that.. THE NUNS WENT OVER AND SLAPPED TH3 8TH GRADERS ACROSS THEIR HEADS..  I think the nuns knew KARMA before we did.. https://www.petitfoot.com/products/lamour-girls-english-classic-double-buckled-strap-mary-jane?variant=47800483866&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse..Started  off on a low bar.. but i thrived there.. they didn't hit me (much)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Boston said:

My mother sent me to Catholic school with ORTHOPEDIC SHOES - it was called "dink-toed* at the time.  I kinda liked them but holy mother.. when i got to school (I was in the 2nd grade) all the 8th graders made fun of me.. calling me "dink-toed'.. I had one foot that bent the wrong way.  Back then it would be bullying.. but we didn't call it that.. THE NUNS WENT OVER AND SLAPPED TH3 8TH GRADERS ACROSS THEIR HEADS..  I think the nuns knew KARMA before we did.. https://www.petitfoot.com/products/lamour-girls-english-classic-double-buckled-strap-mary-jane?variant=47800483866&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse..Started  off on a low bar.. but i thrived there.. they didn't hit me (much)

I think those shoes are cute, but maybe for a younger age than a seventh grader. As for the nuns, maybe they were too tough at times (certainly shouldn't have hit kids) but from what I've heard, now the teachers are afraid to discipline kids for bullying. 

Edited by Dehumidifier
(edited)
11 minutes ago, sheshark said:

My daughter loved these dark red shoes as a toddler, and bought the Doc Martens version for going off to college.  In dark red.

truthfully, i liked the shoes.. although an OUTRAGEOUS color since our uniforms wee black/white/blue.. so I stood out.  I say to all those bulliers?  FY.. I'VE probably made more of myself than them... i'll bring this to a different form

Edited by Boston
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I think those shoes are cute, but maybe for a younger age than a seventh grader. AS for the nuns, maybe they were too tough at times (certainly shouldn't have hit kids) but from what I've heard, now the teachers are afraid t discipline kids for bullying. 

Oh My God.. my brother who is a year younger than me and he was the class clown.. always got detention.. with this nun we use to call "the refrigerator".  She (not sexually) abused my brother for months, hitting him.  and then he had a friend (another clown his best friend.. a girl.  they got taken to the Principals office (Catholiic School, remember) .. and paddled both their butts.  My mother went down there so fast and caused a shit show.. I think there was no more paddling.. but really?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Boston said:

Oh My God.. my brother who is a year younger than me and he was the class clown.. always got detention.. with this nun we use to call "the refrigerator".  She (not sexually) abused my brother for months, hitting him.  and then he had a friend (another clown his best friend.. a girl.  they got taken to the Principals office (Catholiic School, remember) .. and paddled both their butts.  My mother went down there so fast and caused a shit show.. I think there was no more paddling.. but really?

My school had a rumor that there was a hitting machine in the principal's office. In sixth grade I was often sent down there to get supplies. I never spotted it! But there were quite a few cabinets with closed doors...lol. 

Seriously, from K-8 I only had one mean nun, the sixth grade one. But I was in the good kids class, with good grades. The classes were big then, not the 15 children the teachers need an aide to help with now. I've heard from a peer that the a nearby church had 100 kids in her kindergarten class. I'd scream and yell too!  Well, we are off topic here so I'll quit!

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I think those shoes are cute, but maybe for a younger age than a seventh grader. As for the nuns, maybe they were too tough at times (certainly shouldn't have hit kids) but from what I've heard, now the teachers are afraid to discipline kids for bullying. 

Oh, it was "all hands all the time, with those nuns'  this was back in the 60s.. got into the 70s and we had "lay" teachers.. regular people and so much changed and most of the teachers were guys who wanted to get us girls knowing something better.. like how to deal with a car, change oil.. loved those guys

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

My school had a rumor that there was a hitting machine in the principal's office. In sixth grade I was often sent down there to get supplies. I never spotted it! But there were quite a few cabinets with closed doors...lol. 

Seriously, from K-8 I only had one mean nun, the sixth grade one. But I was in the good kids class, with good grades. The classes were big then, not the 15 children the teachers need an aide to help with now. I've heard from a peer that the a nearby church had 100 kids in her kindergarten class. I'd scream and yell too!  Well, we are off topic here so I'll quit!

I was in Catholic school from grade 1-8.. Peed my pants in 1st grade (lay teacher) and my friend raised his hand and told.. next chapter.  my mother had to come down with new underpants.  I'm just gonna say it.. as we got older we had SISTER THOMAS BRIGID (the refrigerator.. she was huger and made kids feel so bad for themselves).. and on to of that?  we had 2 nuns (identical twins Principal was one).. one was into paddling and the other on was into teaching religion.. well you know we messed up her whole class just to get a laugh.. Oh the memories

Edited by Boston
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Thank you @Dehumidifier..  I was in the first grade.  We just dealt with it.  Nuns were nasty at that time.  Yeah, i was bullied for awhile, but I got over it (especially when i got 'real' shoes.. ......I have developed into an independent teen, and ,y 20s were great.. and I am still a strong, independent  woman.. (screw those elementary kids)

• Love 3

This "nun"  i'm just gonna put her name out there since she's probably dead.. Sr. Bridgette Thomas.  She WAS the REFRIGERATOR.. SHE WAS SO BIG.   AND  she basically beat on most of the "bad boys'.. she made my brother wash ALL THE WINDOWS IN THE CLASSROOM.. along with i slapping him and hitting him.  WOW.. i can't believe I remembered  al this.. My poor brother.. My mom went down there   CRAZY!  good for her

15 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Ooooo looks so comfy!  Would love to get some for work!  And I’ll look trendee, too!  Bonus!

6 hours ago, Boston said:

I believe that both of them had large Dunkin Donuts ice coffee, slurped it down, and had sex on the side of the road (what they think is sex) and did it and raised high-fives after.  Hell, it sounds pretty good..lol

And all this after tacos, lol!  😂🤢

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Ooooo looks so comfy!  Would love to get some for work!  And I’ll look trendee, too!  Bonus!

And all this after tacos, lol!  😂🤢

Ah too be young again aka good digestive system. I could eat anything at that age. Now I’d get nauseous lol.

• LOL 2

I was a bridesmaid for my college roommate. I lived in chucks at the time, (and was fairly awkward in heels), as did one of our male best friends, who was also in the wedding party. She requested that the two of us buy Chucks in a matching color for the ceremony. You really couldn’t see them under my gown, but it was a bit of fun and personality in a very down-to-earth wedding. If I ever had a real wedding, I could see me doing something like untraditional shoes. Who wants to be tottering on heels for hours if you have comfy shoes you can wear?

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Monkeyrocks said:

I was a bridesmaid for my college roommate. I lived in chucks at the time, (and was fairly awkward in heels), as did one of our male best friends, who was also in the wedding party. She requested that the two of us buy Chucks in a matching color for the ceremony. You really couldn’t see them under my gown, but it was a bit of fun and personality in a very down-to-earth wedding. If I ever had a real wedding, I could see me doing something like untraditional shoes. Who wants to be tottering on heels for hours if you have comfy shoes you can wear?

I don't know if Claire wore those comfy shoes for the ceremony, but the daughter of a co-worker wore Chucks with her wedding dress, ceremony and all, as did her bridesmaids. I've seen the photos; they were adorable. 

• Love 6
Just now, ginger90 said:

15BD8A38-1BD7-4A66-BFA3-42102B099D5D.jpeg

Hmmm, how old is the next in line Spivey daughter? And is Jason still in TX or did he come back?

Oh, and he's looking a little too much like Josh in that picture. Ew.

• Love 14
(edited)
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm, how old is the next in line Spivey daughter? And is Jason still in TX or did he come back?

I've been wondering this too--if she's already orchestrating another Duggar/Spivey wedding. If this site is to be believed, then the next oldest daughter is 14.5, which eww. 

https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Spivey_Family

@ginger90 beat me to it--you're fast on the draw! 🙂 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Was Jason allowed to travel on his own? How far is the Spivey home from TTH? Very strange that he can drop everything and go for a visit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Was Jason allowed to travel on his own? How far is the Spivey home from TTH? Very strange that he can drop everything and go for a visit.

Google says a 5+ hour drive or an 1+ hour direct flight. Not sure how long on a Duggar plane.

• Useful 2

I can't be bothered to keep the howlers straight. Does Jason have a "job" already in Duggarland, like he's one of the Duggar pilots or used car dealers scam artists or real estate hustlers? Or is it possible he's interested in working for Mr. Spivey's construction company?

He's 20 now, according to Google ,so yeah a little long in the tooth for the 14 year old Spivey daughter. Ew.

I only got these as possible reasons for his hanging out with the Spiveys:

• Good friendship with one or more of Claire's brothers.
  • Courting a young woman closer to his age who moves in fundie circles where the Spiveys live.
  • Some business or work activity related to Mr. Spivey's construction company.

I doubt "torrid affair with Hilaria" is on anybody's list. Ew.

He certainly isn't good looking. Almost as punchable a face as Jed!2020.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9