Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Exodus

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Although Ashtons tongue fishing with Kate is reprehensible it is probably not a fireable offense. Remember they really work for the production company not the yacht company. So sexual assault on camera is a feature not a bug. The recent controversy on Survivor aside...sexual assault has long been featured on  reality TV. It is only not recently being addressed.

Ashton screwed himself by acting like an animal. If he were smart he should have just have befriended and supported Rhylee. She would have put out in a New York minute if Ashton gave her a redemption arc. Big mistake pal.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
10 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Remember they really work for the production company not the yacht company. So sexual assault on camera is a feature not a bug. The recent controversy on Survivor aside...sexual assault has long been featured on  reality TV. It is only not recently being addressed.

Bravo suspended a househusband for grabbing a cameraman's ass while they were investigating. 

• Love 5

I agree with whoever posted a couple episodes back that Asston could have 'roid rage. He reminds me of Ron from Jersey Shore: same kind of build, getting massively excited about drinking, and a personality that goes from happy to RAGE in seconds.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

This is all heavily scripted and manipulated by production. Ashton has zero self-awareness - he's entirely superficial - and production can count on him drinking too much, harassing women, and losing his temper. All the bosuns lack sufficient experience, are arrogant, and are meant to clash with the chief stews.

It's very odd that Kate didn't inform the captain that she left the ship, not to mention the assault and violent behavior. Later he claims to know nothing about it until he sees it on TV, then he (or production) writes a blog that belatedly addresses the issues. That blog is meant to keep viewers tuned in. He even references the previews that seem to indicate more drama. His opinions carefully mirror those of most viewers.

I think PaperTree is on to something. This could be a twist, where Ashton marches in to make demands and instead gets his ass canned. (See: zero self-awareness).

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 9
Just now, pasdetrois said:

I think PaperTree is on to something. This could be a twist, where Ashton marches in to make demands and instead gets his ass canned. (See: zero self-awareness).

It certainly sounded from the Captain's blog that if anyone is getting canned, it sure isn't Rylee.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Lamima said:

First...Chef Kevin sucks. I want crazy Ben back or even weirdo Adrian (was that his name?). 

Adrian may have been a weido ( I din't think he was) but I loved to watch him create his dishes. He just "knew" what the guests wanted. However he did it, he and Ben were the only 2 chefs who put real effort and imagination into their food. And Adrian never lost his cool.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I’m going to be awful for a minute. I’m not normally this awful but Jamie really irritated me last night and my 3 year old woke me up early so whatever. I don’t really follow the social influencer thing (my Instagram seriously has like 4 pictures from 2 years) but aren’t they normally young, thin, and pretty?  I thought it was about like aspirational and not realistic bodies...

Oh I am with you, I am also too tired for this crap.  That f-ing bitch Jamie is a beauty blogger!?  How can someone so fat and ugly be a beauty blogger???  I found her twitter, and that obnoxious idiot Chrissy Teigen follows her. 

Does anyone know who the other people are?  Is the primary couple instagram famous?  I know that over-tanned brunette is Madison from Southern Charm.  🤮  And the bitchy chef with the big nose must think she is "someone."  I am hating this whole group. 

Lee should have gathered the group and said, no one can sleep in the common area, so figure it out.  Everyone should get a bed.  If they can't figure out a different configuration, then someone goes home.

3 hours ago, dleighg said:

They showed a close-up of the preference sheet, and yeah, the dairy thing was in red. It was not specified as a deathly allergy or anything, but a strong preference to avoiding dairy most of the time. In fact I think the preferences were politely stated, clear, and gave helpful examples of types of wine and beer she/he likes. Kevin acted like it was "so many preferences." It really wasn't. It was a desire for a particular style of eating (whole foods, non-dairy, etc.) that is not particularly "odd."

IMG-6810.JPG

No teflon?  Good lord with these people.  I know teflon is harmful if the pot is scratched, but is it harmful if it is in good shape?  

Kevin is an idiot, but wouldn't it be Kate's job to order candles? 

1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

God that feels like a long time ago.  Innocent Julie asking "Why do you need a beeper do you sell drugs?" 

If that happened in the age of Twitter, she would be attacked, probably fired from her job and she would receive death threats for that innocent question.

29 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Bravo suspended a househusband for grabbing a cameraman's ass while they were investigating. 

Is that RHoP Michael?  Isn't he still on the show?

43 minutes ago, Sampson said:

From Captain Lee's log

Well I hope everyone had a great Christmas and I wish everyone the very best New Year possible. These last two episodes have been two of the wildest I’ve ever been party too and not in a good way. So, let’s get right to it.

Let’s start off with Ashton. I have no idea who or what you think you are doing. This story line with you getting black out drunk and misbehaving is getting really old. Over a thousand dollars damage caused by your behavior at the beach club and then make unwanted sexual advances on a superior, yeah, I said that, check your epaulettes, and then you try to physically attack her, and then you don’t even remember any of it. I don’t know but I really sense a problem here. You stated that you were going to be the bigger person and apologize but I didn’t get the sense that you thought you really should have. But the offended party, Kate, came to the wheelhouse, took the heat, and not once did she attempt to throw you under the bus. Even though you thoroughly deserved it. No, she covered for your ass. Then you have the gall to say, “when you were younger you had a temper”. News flash Ashton, you still have a temper, especially when you get black out drunk. As far as the fishing trip, Rhylee did what she was supposed to do, with absolutely no help from you. You weren’t part of the team, you just sat back and hoped that Rhylee would fail so you could toss her under the bus and say, see I told you she wouldn’t work out. Well lets just see how that works out for you. I am sorely disappointed in you and your behavior so far. My only hope is that you can turn it around, but I’m not counting on it.

Tanner, in what world when you can’t even remember kissing Kate because you were as black out drunk as Ashton, do you think you have the right to come out of your bunk in a drunken stupor and pass judgement on a superior. Just because you have bought into the drunken rhetoric that Ashton has been peddling all season. Not a good move for you. First you toss Kate under the bus in front of half the crew and then you have the gall to think that she all of a sudden has taken a shine to you. Wow, I don’t know what you’re doing, but you should share some of that stuff. You and Ashton obviously belong in the same fraternity, one that I for one would not want to join. I hope you get it straight before the season ends as well, but not hopeful at this point. I see no remorse for you in your behavior, I find that sad.

Simone, all you can say is that you hope you get a chief stew that will teach you something. I was hoping that you would have learned something by now, just by the power of observation, but I guess that’s asking too much. You are getting about as much out of this as you are putting in. Shame you can’t see that. Oh, btw was that Kate putting you on service this episode. Hmm.

Rhylee, you did all you could on that fishing trip with no assistance from Ashton. Well done. I have to say though that for being such an outspoken person, I was really surprised when you were standing there and Kate was being verbally abused by Ashton and Tanner, crickets from you. That surprised me, but it didn’t surprise me to see Kate have your back when Ashton was trying to toss you under the bus in the wheelhouse after your fishing excursion. Other than that, I felt you had a good two weeks.

Brian, not much to say. I’m really shocked that you just keep eating from the bowl of bs that Ashton keeps feeding you and Tanner about Kate and Rhylee. The fishing trip was not all that one sided at all, but you immediately jumped on Rhylee without having all the facts. I’m surprised at you. Still doing a good job on board with your duties and I know the leg isn’t completely healed. I just expected more from you.

Ok Kevin, what a piece of work you are turning out to be. Without Kate continually bailing you out you would still have your head up your bum. Let’s see, we have no cheese on the pref sheet and so you make pizza with cheese. Good move, then you make the cakes and tell everyone that you’ll put the candles on and then you don’t and don’t even have candles. And Kate bails you out, again. And you state that you would be better off without Kate. In what world. Oh, and that’s a great look seeing you get carried off to bed again, when you’re too drunk to walk. That’s a reoccurring theme with you, let’s see that’s 3 or four times so far. Yeah, really good.

Courtney, just another solid week for you again. I was proud of you for not bowing to peer pressure at the club. It takes a strong person to not succumb to it. Well done, and I love your sense of humor and the way you bitch about your job, but always get it done. Good two weeks for you.

Kate, my only issue is that you didn’t let me know when you left or a note or something so I would know you were ok. Now that I see why you left; I really wish you would have let me know what was going on so I could have dealt with it. And I certainly would have dealt with it quickly and firmly to say the least. You showed a great deal of class by not tossing Ashton under the bus that he would’ve been deserving of. Well done.

Ok peeps. That’s my take on things. Let’s hope we can get thru the rest of the season unscathed, but it appears from the previews that it’s not to be. So, we will be taking it one week at a time, prep for the worst and hope for the best. Remember, you can’t go wrong doing the right thing, may not be easy, but it will be right. Stay safe out there and thanks so much for watching and reading. See ya’ll next week.

Capt Lee

I agree with it all. But Rhylie maybe didn't want to jump all in because then Ashton would come down even harder on her than he already was. And Rhylie didn't see what all happened in the van so maybe she thought it was less of a big deal than it actually was.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

that RHoP Michael?  Isn't he still on the show?

I said while they investigated it which they did and couldnt determine if it happened but he wasnt allowed to film while they did it.

2 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

but wouldn't it be Kate's job to order candles?

He is in chargebof plating and said he would do it, he did in fact attempt to blame her but only for not reminding him.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Snickerdoodle said:

I was pretty shocked that the guests went to Lee to basically tattle on Jamie in the first place.  They couldn't work it out among themselves like adults? 

I know! What on earth did they expect him to do? Conjure up an extra bedroom? Tell two of the crew to sleep in the sunroom and give a guest a tiny bunk bed?

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

For some reason, I'm having a hard distinguishing which guest is which on this charter.  Nicole and Zach are the primaries, yes?  I keep reading in the captions that Jamie is the "primary's cousin", but I don't know which of them she is related to - Nicole or Zach.  There were two other women with Jamie when she talked to Capt. Lee about the room situation.  Does anyone know if either of them was Nicole?  Or were they are on the same "friend of the primary" status?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

I totally agree-the great Heather B from Real World season 1 said something along the lines of "Don't be a bitch and they [production] can't show you being a bitch." (Paraphrased but I always loved that.) Production didn't encourage Ashton to be a drunken lout and destroy dj equipment, marginalize women, and then assault one multiple times. Actually-two since he grabbed Courtney's ass and she called him out on it and he acted put out.

Along with Capt Sandy, many of Bravo folks don't drink-Kandi from Atlanta, Marge from NJ, Jill from NYC, Luanne from NYC while on probation (JK-she drank on probation)... 

Maybe Ashton should take a page from Courtney and Simone's book and have a few drinks, dance, and not manage to embarrass themselves (outside of hooking up with Tanner) or blackout. He is 30, not 22-he should know how to handle his liquor by now. 

I just binge watched tons of Below Deck (reg and Med) to the point where I had to go out to buy some sparkling wine because I had major Champagne envy. Sandy said she's been sober for 20 years or something like that because it became a serious problem for her. The RHs mentioned drink a teeny bit socially but don't indulge like their friends.

I, like many people here, hate Kevin. Was totally on Kate's side about the label maker. You have a shit ton to do and want to waste time labeling 100 clear containers of stuff you can see and in some cases smell? No, sir.

I love, love, love Ben. He's snarky and sexy as hell and Adrian was an artist in the kitchen. Also adore Kate and her relationship with Captain Lee, which she earned because no matter what she rarely fucks up and always gets the job done. The boys are all shites. Rhylee is a hard worker but she's rude as fuck; don't like her.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Apparently when the victim is a man, things happen.  And that's even when it's "just" grabbing an ass rather than sticking your tongue down someone's throat--multiple times.

2 hours ago, gotta watch said:

I agree with whoever posted a couple episodes back that Asston could have 'roid rage. He reminds me of Ron from Jersey Shore: same kind of build, getting massively excited about drinking, and a personality that goes from happy to RAGE in seconds.

That was me.  I was starting to think no one had noticed.  Ash-hole seems like a very real possibility for being a steroid-abuse case.  Whenever a guy's neck is as wide as his head, you have to wonder.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Lamima said:

Um...FIRE HIM...immediately!

You know they love the drama he's causing or involved in.

4 hours ago, albarino said:

Guess I missed all of those drunken sprees CAPT Lee has.  Ashton has a real problem, the first thing to do is accept it.  Don't need AA for that.

Guess you haven't noticed that they like to feature the young cast way more than the middle aged captains.

51 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

An example of one of 37A3F910-2BEC-4361-BC25-F51BCFB8EE2E.thumb.jpeg.930add5a27d1deed4a25012e2f247044.jpegAdrian’s dishes. Now think about Kevin’s. Different league. 

Wow! Pow! Thank you for a reminder of what the food should look like, beautiful presentation. 

Rhylee cheerfully asks Asston if he’s seen her knot and after inspecting it he says “That’s it. That is it.” and then sighs as though he’s disappointed. Rhylee could save Asston’s life again this season and I’m convinced he wouldn’t give her as much as an attaboy.

Simone may be very intelligent but she seems to have zero common sense. Possibly she’s not all that intelligent either, but is a very good student and can study well. Did she seriously think that Kate being gone was good news for her? Disappointed that she came back? Hello? That they would be able to find a new Chief Stew for the charter starting in a few hours? How about the math of preferring to do 1/2 of the work as opposed to 1/3 of the work? That would assume erroneously that the work load is evenly split into thirds between them. Simone, may I introduce you to logic …

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

It does get a bit annoying, but I see it more as venting out loud. Her actions do not really match her words. She seems to work fairly hard and is attentive with the guests. 

I wouldn't either. But I would do it - before I'd make said person sleep on a couch in a common area with no bathroom.

Yea, it's not WHAT he's serving that's the problem. I don't think being in Thailand means you have to serve Thai/Asian food constantly. Personally, that's not what I like. I'd be happy to be served Italian food and often! 

The issue is, he's clearly not reading the preference sheets - not in detail. He really dropped the ball with the cheese issue. And then there was the overly salty breakfast. He's made a lot of mistakes this season.

I'm not crazy about sharing a bed with someone (other than my husband), so, if this were my situation, I would be the one insisting that I sleep on the couch.  I'm the one with the "problem", so I should make the sacrifice.  The girl is just selfish, and obviously, not well liked by the rest of the group.  

59 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

An example of one of 37A3F910-2BEC-4361-BC25-F51BCFB8EE2E.thumb.jpeg.930add5a27d1deed4a25012e2f247044.jpegAdrian’s dishes. Now think about Kevin’s. Different league. 

Kevin is all about "family style", because he does not have the plating skill of Adrian or Ben, or even Leon, who was famous for his "schmeers" of sauce under beef cheeks! 

• Love 23

Ashton seems to love to complain about a culture that he has created.  He encouraged disrespectful talk about Simone amongst "his crew", against Kate who is their superior and exhibited behaviour with Kate that could have gotten him an assault charge in the van.  Stop deflecting and shit-disturbing young man!

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Kevin is all about "family style", because he does not have the plating skill of Adrian or Ben, or even Leon, who was famous for his "schmeers" of sauce under beef cheeks! 

Kevin's food looks pretty underwhelming and simple, not really what I'd expect if I was paying that kind of money for a vacation.   The only chef I think was worse than him was the one on Season 5 (can't remember his name)  he made salad for practically every meal.

• Love 9

I don't get the fishing request at all.

They certainly don't need all the guests to go fishing.  But fishing is certainly a contrast from the more active water sports which seems more typical of these charters.

Contrast between sitting around waiting for fish to bite vs. zipping around in jet skis all afternoon.

No Rhylee wouldn't be sent home for the fishing fail.

It would be the fact that she clashes with her co-workers so much that they'd rather do more work with her gone than work with her but being on pins and needles, wary of another screaming jag.

But this is probably editing to make it seem like its going to be Rhylee vs. the world and she may get booted off the boat.

BFD if she does or doesn't but that's how they're teasing future episodes.  These are at best short-term jobs.  If it ends a couple of weeks earlier for a particular cast member, big whoop.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, njbchlover said:

While Simone is doing some whining, I'm also finding Courtney to be getting progressively more whiney as the season goes on, as well.  I'm getting a feeling that she is really over this "stew" thing.

Yes, Courtney has slid from deadpan dry hilarious down to "I'm over this, so I'll pout."  It's a shame.  I think she's getting bored with Brian too.  That's a good thing.

eta:  Courtney's behavior doesn't make Simone any less whiny, annoying and somehow entitled.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, scrb said:

The whole Kate vs. Kevin feud is a setup.  They were at each other from the very beginning, when Kevin asked her if there was a labeler and she snarked at him in the talking head.

There was no need for animus between them right after they met unless it's all fake.

While they've had these disputes, they're mostly not at each other's throats between charters.

Mostly producer-driven BS.

I'm watching S1 of BDM and if you want to see a real feud, watch Hanna vs. Ben arguing about number of courses and "starter" vs. "entree."  Ben goes to the captain about it but then later on goes to her and apologizes for his part. 

Oh and as for the misogyny, Ashton apologized, knowing full well Kate never would.

Again, the guys took the high road, not the women.

This time Kate accepted the apology since she did the fake walkout, unlike when Brian apologized.

But this Kate is a bitch is also a storyline.

Yes to the producer driven

Yes to the fake walkout

Yes Aston apologized 

Yes Kate is a bitch and that is her storyline

• Love 4

I just watched the part of the After Show where Ashton talks about the misogyny accusations made against him and, honestly, it was scary to see how deluded he really is. He brushes aside the sexual harassment and violent behavior completely. Then he begins deflecting blame from himself to Courtney because she has been tweeting support for how the viewers are reacting to his inappropriate behavior. He's so surprised she would do that when he thought she knew him better.

He continues by using the excuse that all guys should be able to have a few drinks and have locker room talk. He states firmly that it should not get back to the girls involved, as if that's some rule or law that we all should follow. He doesn't even seem to realize how ridiculous the statement is considering he was filmed on camera the whole time. Of course it got back to the girls, as well as the viewers, when the show aired.

He goes off on tangents about human behavior and finally ends by blaming us, the viewers, who are calling him out. Apparently he is just fine and the problems is that we are insecure with ourselves. What?!!

It's definitely worth watching the clip to see how in denial he truly is.

https://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/season-7/episode-13/videos/is-ashton-pienaar-misogynistic-ashton-reacts-to-the

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
24 minutes ago, Jsage said:

He states firmly that it should not get back to the girls involved, as if that's some rule or law that we all should follow. He doesn't even seem to realize how ridiculous the statement is considering he was filmed on camera the whole time.

Exactly. What world is he living in? It was ON TV!

And at least in that clip, Kevin just sat there. I think he was embarrassed.

Ashton's whole "yeah everybody is a jerk/misogynist/sexually frustrated. I'm just "honest" enough to let it all out." Without getting too political, "letting it all out" without shame is IMHO a big problem these days. Shame at your base instincts is actually a good social calming influence.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, Snickerdoodle said:

I was pretty shocked that the guests went to Lee to basically tattle on Jamie in the first place.  They couldn't work it out among themselves like adults?  They had to go to the captain?  These guests are all awful people.

It was very bizarre.  I'm surprised no one just took Jamie aside and told her that keeping the room to herself was not going to work.  I understand her legitimate complaint that fitting both women in the bed might be a tight squeeze, but you can't just banish someone to the lounge with no bathroom.  What was the woman supposed to do?  Use the galley sink?

I was of two minds about the fishing excursion.  I agree that Ashton has ultimate responsibility for the trip, but I also kind of felt like there were things Rhylee could have done that she didn't, like just general research on the best fishing areas where they were, or even, what types of fish they would be looking to catch.  I did notice when one of the guests asked Rhylee about what types of fish there were, she had no idea.  That isn't to say that I liked Ashton throwing Rhylee under the bus, but it wasn't clear to me that she did much preparation for the excursion.  

It was the same thing with the guest who was a chef speaking to Kevin.  He certainly deserves to have his mistakes called out, and I loved her comment about how he might want to make things more upscale, but she did it in a way that seemed almost overly aggressive.   

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’m a little tired of the Captain’s lack of interest in restoring sanity to his employees. I realize he’s more “ hands off” managerial style compared to Sandy’s, but he should really be on top of the the misogyny that is apparent this season. Kate appeared to be in some danger with Ashton and his volatile temper, that he conveniently blacked out;Rylee, though she is able to stand up for herself, should not have been blamed for where they went fishing - the Bosun should.  As I recall, Brian very early on broke an expensive piece of equipment & didn’t tell Ashton right away, but he didn’t get threatened with losing his job.  I find this season more disturbing than most and I sort of feel the way I did about the last season of “ Southern Charm”, these formerly attractive men have turned into douches & unwatchable!

I so agree! Even reading Captain Lee’s comments on social media while the show is airing, he seems to know very little about what’s happening on the boat. He acts this way each season, like he is very far removed, but gosh golly, if he knew what was going on, he’d wring a few necks! Like, if you notice a trend that you only find out about serious problems when the show airs, perhaps have quick meetings with your managers during charters to check in about any issues that might be festering. TBH, I’ve never cared for him. I know people love him, but something about him rubs me the wrong way.

Now, as far as the bed sharing is concerned. I don’t like to share my bed in general. My husband and I have a king because I want my own space. However, if I were on a yacht that had tight quarters, I’d work it out so no one was sleeping on the floor or in a main area where their sleep would be disrupted. Jamie was a brat. I get it, you didn’t know her well, but you could suck it up for a couple of days. You’re on a luxury yacht - surely life isn’t that bad.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Kevin's food looks pretty underwhelming and simple, not really what I'd expect if I was paying that kind of money for a vacation.   

Basing this on the customary practice that the tip is 10% and each charter appears to be 2 nights, (6 meals), with 8 guests comes to about $10,000 per night per person.

That's some expensive pizza.

In 1999, I went on a 20 passenger "yacht" for  week in the Galapagos.  $2500 a person, our cabins weren't much bigger than the yachties bunks.  It didn't matter as we were tromping around the islands all day.  The way those dudes got us in and out of the zodiacs 4 times a day puts this crew of incompetent deckhands to shame.   

The chef rocked every meal.  The galley was a floor down and after the crew did the serving, he would stick his head up to the top of the stairs to see how we were enjoying the food.   Way cool!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

Exactly. What world is he living in? It was ON TV!

And at least in that clip, Kevin just sat there. I think he was embarrassed.

Ashton's whole "yeah everybody is a jerk/misogynist/sexually frustrated. I'm just "honest" enough to let it all out." Without getting too political, "letting it all out" without shame is IMHO a big problem these days. Shame at your base instincts is actually a good social calming influence.

I wish I could like this 500x.

• Love 19

Sigh. I am not enjoying this season at all, besides all the misogyny, I think it is because I do not particularly like anyone. The guys, the less said about them the better. I have been over Captain Lee for several seasons now. I tend to run hot and cold with Kate. Rhylee's personality is grating for me. I can tolerate Courtney and Simone the most, because for me, their level of whining is fairly tame compared to some of the past seasons crew members on this show and BDM. Though I still do not really like them. I am ready for this season to be over with. Maybe this show has run its course for me, like Vanderpump Rules and original recipe Southern Charm.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I know they mentioned a birthday celebration but did they ask for a birthday cake?  So rainbow cookie cake and a birthday cake?  And don't both typically have dairy?  

Typically, but dairy free baking is pretty easy, especially these days.  About 15 years ago I used to bake vegan treats for a guy and the dairy was easy, the egg was always the hard part, but I think that even that has readily available substitutes these days.

So with lunch it wasn't just the pizza, one of the starters was a giant bowl of burrata.  Not only did it disregard the preference sheets, but it was a serving bowl with what looked like two 1lb balls of cheese in it, which with burrata seems like an awkward way to serve it.  Mr. Dobson is an idiot.

• Love 9

I don't think turning this into "an attack on [her] personal sense of safety" exonerates her as well as she thought it would.  

Also, she liked this sweater enough to wear it for what was undoubtedly a "photo shoot" for her blog, so I question her judgement in general. 

belowdeck.jpg

2019_12_03_ItsJamieStone3-0067-Edit.jpg

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't think turning this into "an attack on [her] personal sense of safety" exonerates her as well as she thought it would.  

what was that (in her blog) about Bravo offering her a private room weeks before the charter? So someone lied to her?

• Love 4
On 12/31/2019 at 1:16 AM, dangwoodchucks said:

I never want to hear “bruh” again.

and what was it with Kevin's "Oi Oi Oi" in the van when Ashton was going nuts? Is that a New Zealand thing?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Jamie  comes off even more petulant in this blog than she did on the show. Citing "attacks on her personal sense of safety and comfort" as excuse for her childish behavior because she was asked to sleep in the same bed as another woman for 2 nights.  I wonder why the heck they brought her entitled ass on this vacation. She seems like a lot of fun doesn't she? NO. I don't know who came across as the most unlikeable, Jamie or the chef. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The deck crew from illness/injury, to incompetence (Brian and the hoist), missed hours due to drinking (Abbie), to drunken vandalism (Ashton) has "cost" the boat a shit ton of money with at most a mild scolding from the Captain but Kate "gets away" with everything? 

It’s cool. The injuries, incompetence and vandalism were all producer-driven! (Kate not accepting Ashton’s apology was real though, ofc)

3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Also, she liked this sweater enough to wear it for what was undoubtedly a "photo shoot" for her blog, so I question her judgement in general. 

belowdeck.jpg

2019_12_03_ItsJamieStone3-0067-Edit.jpg

Oh wow. So she’s trying to shame other people for judging her as a way to deflect from her own hideous behavior. Classic.

And thanks for the advice, Jamie, but I prefer to spend these early moments of 2020 reflecting on your dubious fashion choices. To paraphrase Regina George: that is the ugliest f@cking sweater I’ve ever seen. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11

Ashton? This "I am a child of a broken home" shit? Really? Join the club. You're not a child anymore so man the fuck up.  I was 4 years old when my mom FINALLY left my dad and you know what precipitated it?  My dad coming home drunk Christmas eve with a gun and threats of violence.  Mercifully he passed out before he was able to carry out his threats.  But we left and never went back. My point being - you have to make the adult decision that your shitty childhood will absolutely not define you as an adult and move the hell on. Look into it.

• Love 24
21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Yes they asked for a birthday cake and Kevin solution was to it was to ignore it and say he would put a candle in the cookie and than failed at doing that. Also, in their preference sheet screenshoted above it specifically says that if there was a dessert with some dairy thst was fine, which is different from the cheese which was also specified on different preference sheets. 

They seemeed clear in their expextations and werent even that rigid, Kevin just decided to ignore it.

The preference sheet said if a dessert OR dairy showed up, it would be okay. It did not say a dessert WITH dairy. So it’s not out of line to think a pizza may have been okay. However, Kevin would have been smarter to have a non-dairy option as well.

On his worst day Joao (Jezabob) was not nearly as bad as Ashton. I hope we never see any of the “men” from this season again. News flash Ashton, you’re the Bosun, it’s your job to scout the fishing locations not a Rhylee. I found it telling that not one of the crew decided to go look for Kate when they realized that she left the boat in the middle of the night. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Even reading Captain Lee’s comments on social media while the show is airing, he seems to know very little about what’s happening on the boat. He acts this way each season, like he is very far removed, but gosh golly, if he knew what was going on, he’d wring a few necks! Like, if you notice a trend that you only find out about serious problems when the show airs, perhaps have quick meetings with your managers during charters to check in about any issues that might be festering. TBH, I’ve never cared for him. I know people love him, but something about him rubs me the wrong way.

That has always irked me and you're right, it happens every single season. He disavows all knowledge, then sticks out his chest and declares with great authority that had he but known he would have handled it. What he leaves out is that he'd handle it the same way he does when he does have knowledge; paste a stern look on his face, stare over the offender's head and declare that whatever transgression won't happen again. Whoa, strong stuff. You can huff and puff all you want, but if the house never falls down it's just empty posturing.

He's in charge of the whole outfit. He needs to know what's going on and a quick meeting would do just that. Every day he should have planned meetings with the bosun and chief stew individually. Unless there's a duty roster we don't see, he doesn't know who is covering what shift or when Kate and Ashton go off duty. He needs to get that information, as well as what's planned for guest activities and any issues with guests or staff. Maybe if his people were trained to tell him when something was wrong he would have heard from Kate before she left, say long enough before that Ashton's assault wouldn't have had a chance to happen.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, spunky said:

On his worst day Joao (Jezabob) was not nearly as bad as Ashton. I hope we never see any of the “men” from this season again. News flash Ashton, you’re the Bosun, it’s your job to scout the fishing locations not a Rhylee. I found it telling that not one of the crew decided to go look for Kate when they realized that she left the boat in the middle of the night. 

And wasn't Joao's family the victim of a violent crime when he was a teen? Like could have easily been killed attacked? So yeah, you can almost cut him some slack for his drinking, and I have to say, he did actually seem to learn something and at least try to make honest changes in his behavior. Ashton, not so much. And given his endless stream of continuing to spin it and blame Kate, I don't see him seeing himself as doing anything wrong any time soon. Ten bucks says mom is still telling him how proud she is of him.

• Love 9