Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Exodus

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

And wasn't Joao's family the victim of a violent crime when he was a teen? Like could have easily been killed attacked? So yeah, you can almost cut him some slack for his drinking, and I have to say, he did actually seem to learn something and at least try to make honest changes in his behavior. Ashton, not so much. And given his endless stream of continuing to spin it and blame Kate, I don't see him seeing himself as doing anything wrong any time soon. Ten bucks says mom is still telling him how proud she is of him.

Joao did grow and learn and is mature enough to admit that he was a moron for a long time. Ashton in the other hand thinks he’s God’s gift to women, and these dehydrated guests are not helping. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Jamie  comes off even more petulant in this blog than she did on the show. Citing "attacks on her personal sense of safety and comfort" as excuse for her childish behavior because she was asked to sleep in the same bed as another woman for 2 nights.  I wonder why the heck they brought her entitled ass on this vacation. She seems like a lot of fun doesn't she? NO. I don't know who came across as the most unlikeable, Jamie or the chef. 

I love that she doesn’t want us to judge her based on 10 minutes of footage but she ignores the fact that everyone else on the charter, who have known her more than 10 minutes, also hate her. If I’m not mistaken, there was a joke about using her for bait on the fishing excursion. I’m sure she’s just lovely!

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Passing Strange said:

He disavows all knowledge, then sticks out his chest and declares with great authority that had he but known he would have handled it. ...

Maybe if his people were trained to tell him when something was wrong he would have heard from Kate before she left, say long enough before that Ashton's assault wouldn't have had a chance to happen.

He says that if he had known, he would have handled it--but then also praises Kate for not "throwing Ashton under the bus." He seems to think more highly of people for not telling him what's going on, even as he says he wished he'd known what had happened. It's an attitude I find troubling.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I think Ashton talks a ton of shit about Kate to everyone, but I don’t think the source of his dislike is that she gets away with more (like what?), but that she makes a boatload more money then he does.  

I think it's all about ego with Ashton. So yea, he might be bothered that he got a promotion this year, but Kate still has more stripes than him. 

But, also, I think it's largely due to the fact that he has TWICE kissed her and she has TWICE rejected him. He can't stand the fact that she isn't falling for his sloppy, drunken advances.

15 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I think Ashton talks a ton of shit about Kate to everyone, but I don’t think the source of his dislike is that she gets away with more (like what?), but that she makes a boatload more money then he does.  

I think it's all about ego with Ashton. So yea, he might be bothered that he got a promotion this year, but Kate still has more stripes than him. 

But, also, I think it's largely due to the fact that he has TWICE kissed her and she has TWICE rejected him. He can't stand the fact that she isn't falling for his sloppy, drunken advances.

• Love 6

This season stirred up a lot of emotions for me, and I'm disappointed by how it has been handled by Bravo. Has Ashton faced any consequences as far as we know? His apology wasn't an apology, and even after the fact, he's fails to recognize that his actions towards Kate were predatory, and abusive. 

Women are resilient, and can carry on with a half-smile, and try and forget it, but we all know that fear. Most women are raped, assaulted, and abused by someone they know. 

There is a great book called The Gift of Fear, by Gavin de Becker, and I will end with a few quote from it:

“Most men fear getting laughed at or humiliated by a romantic prospect while most women fear rape and death.”

“Intuition is always right in at least two important ways; It is always in response to something.

“I encourage people to remember that "no" is a complete sentence.”

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 24

He's in charge of the whole outfit. He needs to know what's going on and a quick meeting would do just that. Every day he should have planned meetings with the bosun and chief stew individually. Unless there's a duty roster we don't see, he doesn't know who is covering what shift or when Kate and Ashton go off duty. He needs to get that information, as well as what's planned for guest activities and any issues with guests or staff. Maybe if his people were trained to tell him when something was wrong he would have heard from Kate before she left, say long enough before that Ashton's assault wouldn't have had a chance to happen.

I agree. I think Captain Lee's approach is too hands off while Sandy on Below Deck Med is too hands on. We need the perfect mixture of the two!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Michichick said:

The preference sheet said if a dessert OR dairy showed up, it would be okay. It did not say a dessert WITH dairy. So it’s not out of line to think a pizza may have been okay. However, Kevin would have been smarter to have a non-dairy option as well.

Other preference sheets said no cheese and jt did say a dessert WITH dairy but they were two seperate things.

4 hours ago, spunky said:

Joao did grow and learn and is mature enough to admit that he was a moron for a long time. Ashton in the other hand thinks he’s God’s gift to women, and these dehydrated guests are not helping. 

Except Joao still went out and got drunk and let whatever his stupid alter shitfaced ego is.

• Love 1
On 12/30/2019 at 9:58 PM, njbchlover said:

I'm calling production manipulation on the room/bed situation.  Could it possibly be that when this charter group were accepted, they were told everyone would have their own beds?  I can understand Lauren not wanting to share a bed, especially if they may have been told otherwise.  But, she is being a total bitch about that, and everything else, it seems, so maybe she said "okay" to get a free trip and then, changed her mind, because she didn't speak up first about accommodations.  (The other two skinny girls claimed the room with the two twin bed pretty quickly).  

On 12/30/2019 at 10:09 PM, ghoulina said:

Bedroom gate - the cousin was so selfish. But also, did the primaries not know how many rooms/beds they were getting on this boat? Just me, but when I've done a group vacation, we've always determined those things ahead of time. At any rate, it was very gracious of Lee to give up his bed.

I paused my DVR the first time Capt Lee was introducing the next guests and and it VERY specifically stated that one guest, Jamie, absolutely  under no circumstances wanted to share a room. So they ALL KNEW. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I paused my DVR the first time Capt Lee was introducing the next guests

Are you referring to the preference sheet meeting with Capt, Kate, Ashton and Kevin?  Just curious; I haven't rewatched yet.

Edited by mcjen
13 hours ago, dleighg said:

and what was it with Kevin's "Oi Oi Oi" in the van when Ashton was going nuts? Is that a New Zealand thing?

It’s just a lame AF twat chef thing. I can’t stand the fucking sight of this dickhead. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So there are 4 bedrooms on the boat. One master, 2 queens and one with single beds. Seems like it would make more sense to take one of the queens and turn it into another room with twin beds. So many single people or friends charter the boats and probably don't want to sleep in the same bed with another person. I often wondered when you see at least 8 people get on the boat where everyone sleeps. But Jamie didn't just want her own bed she demanded  her own room. I would have apologized to Jamie said I understood and then offered to get her a plane tick home ASAP.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Other preference sheets said no cheese and jt did say a dessert WITH dairy but they were two seperate things.

Except Joao still went out and got drunk and let whatever his stupid alter shitfaced ego is.

My point was Joao still tried to be a better man and continues to grow and mature. He can admit to the stupid things he said and did, unlike Ashton.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, spunky said:

My point was Joao still tried to be a better man and continues to grow and mature. He can admit to the stupid things he said and did, unlike Ashton.

And my point was he failed and still got wasted acted like a dickwad and excused it with his alter ego and took no responsibility for his actions.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

No it's not.

From the Oi wiki. 

Oi /ɔɪ/ is an interjection used in various varieties of the English language, particularly British English, Australian English, New Zealand English, Irish English, Malaysian English, Singaporean English and South African English, as well as Hindi/Urdu, Portuguese and Japanese to get the attention of another person or to express surprise or disapproval.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

From the Oi wiki. 

Oi /ɔɪ/ is an interjection used in various varieties of the English language, particularly British English, Australian English, New Zealand English, Irish English, Malaysian English, Singaporean English and South African English, as well as Hindi/Urdu, Portuguese and Japanese to get the attention of another person or to express surprise or disapproval.

So basically it's an "everybody" thing. 🙄

• Love 1

I am watching some daily dish chats with the cast. I have to say I am more and more team Riley. I like the part where they ask her about that first dinner with the crew. She made some great points. And I get the not wanting to be walked on and snapping when someone starts to walk on you. I think her and I are similar people. I just would have been too terrified to ever be that way with my boss. But I do get her (Riley).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

I gotta say, the constant “it’s a reality show!”, “it’s all scripted!”, “these aren’t real jobs!” assertions always feel out of place on a message board discussing said reality shows. I think we’re all aware there are elements that are scripted and that there is always a false sense of reality being portrayed at most levels, but we’re also all still watching, still invested in the stories and the people, so those assertions always feel like deflections of the conversation at hand because really, they’re conversation stoppers. I mean, the real reason Kate didn’t report in to Capt Lee that she left was because he really isn’t her boss and the real reason she returned was because she was contracted to and she’d lose money if she didn’t(and I’d also bet she was promised/given something due to her near violent assault situation)and she obviously wasn’t really wandering the streets alone and production obviously put her up somewhere. 

But what’s the fun in pointing out the puppet strings, outside of some self-congratulatory moment? Just sit back and enjoy the show instead. 

I feel the same way when people who know the person in a reality show comes on this board to tell us how wrong we are.  This specifically happened on 90 Day Fiance where someone who knows Juliana in real life came on to tell us we are all wrong about her.  I totally get *why* she wanted to defend her, but it takes away the fun in discussing an episode.

• Love 2
On 12/30/2019 at 11:39 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Google Jamie Stone in CA. it appears she is some sort of "lifestyle" blogger/social "influencer" and other blah, blah, blah.

She has not made her twitter private (yet), Enjoy!

I would never have thought she could be an "influencer" of any sort!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I feel the same way when people who know the person in a reality show comes on this board to tell us how wrong we are.  This specifically happened on 90 Day Fiance where someone who knows Juliana in real life came on to tell us we are all wrong about her.  I totally get *why* she wanted to defend her, but it takes away the fun in discussing an episode.

I watch reality television to escape the reality of my own life.  I really try not to over-analyze it because that ruins it for me!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

And my point was he failed and still got wasted acted like a dickwad and excused it with his alter ego and took no responsibility for his actions.

He called Aesha's embarrassing behavior out. At no time did he sexually assault anyone or try to physically attack them. He also checked Travis for hitting a woman. But yes he's in the same category as Ashton who made several unwanted sexual advances towards Kate and then became physically violent towards her ( this sentence is sarcasm).  I would feel safer around Joao on his absolute worst day , than Ashton at any time.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I paused my DVR the first time Capt Lee was introducing the next guests and and it VERY specifically stated that one guest, Jamie, absolutely  under no circumstances wanted to share a room. So they ALL KNEW. 

IMO this is something the guests should have worked out themselves BEFORE they got on the boat. I'm pretty sure they were aware of the accommodations. It's not up to the crew to assign rooms. However these guests are mostly a bunch of idiots and appear to dislike Jamie so maybe they just didn't care.

• Love 15
23 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

This season stirred up a lot of emotions for me, and I'm disappointed by how it has been handled by Bravo. Has Ashton faced any consequences as far as we know? His apology wasn't an apology, and even after the fact, he's fails to recognize that his actions towards Kate were predatory, and abusive. 

Women are resilient, and can carry on with a half-smile, and try and forget it, but we all know that fear. Most women are raped, assaulted, and abused by someone they know. 

There is a great book called The Gift of Fear, by Gavin de Becker, and I will end with a few quote from it:

“Most men fear getting laughed at or humiliated by a romantic prospect while most women fear rape and death.”

“Intuition is always right in at least two important ways; It is always in response to something.

“I encourage people to remember that "no" is a complete sentence.”

This is a great post. Bravo really needs to step up and publicly  call out Ashton on his behavior and fire his ass. They are sending a very dangerous message by just letting this slide. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

IMO this is something the guests should have worked out themselves BEFORE they got on the boat. I'm pretty sure they were aware of the accommodations. It's not up to the crew to assign rooms. However these guests are mostly a bunch of idiots and appear to dislike Jamie so maybe they just didn't care.

I agree 100% with you! It feels fraud-y that they are busting Kevin (who is an ass) for missing the dairy thing....but the preference sheet clearly stated Jamie wasnt a sharer. And they missed that. Or maybe production skewed it later. FRAUDY. shady. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady of nod said:

I agree. When you book any type of trip/accommodations, it's up to you to figure out sleeping arrangements. You go in with the knowledge - figure that shit out. The way they just kind of all shrugged it off left one friend sleeping in a common room and put the crew in the awkward position of finding a solution.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

IMO this is something the guests should have worked out themselves BEFORE they got on the boat.

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I agree 100% with you! It feels fraud-y that they are busting Kevin (who is an ass) for missing the dairy thing....but the preference sheet clearly stated Jamie wasnt a sharer. And they missed that. Or maybe production skewed it later. FRAUDY. shady. 

Even if the preference sheet or some other document indicated Jamie wasn't a sharer (lol!), I don't see where it was up to the crew or possibly even production to do anything about that, assuming the clients had an accurate breakdown on the accommodations available.  I can't recall ever seeing yacht staff on either BD or BDM taking any part in how the rooms are allocated.  The Chief Stew shows the new guests around the boat, including their rooms; how the guests choose to divvy them up is their decision. 

As Lady of Nod says, it's something that should have been addressed before they ever came on board.  And I suspect it typically is, since usually during the guest tour, people seem to make it clear immediately who is taking which room, which I believe is why the deck crew can get the luggage sorted to the correct space right away.

Back to the preference sheet meeting:  even if it was brought up that one guest didn't want to share a bed...what then?  I can't picture those present (Capt, Kate, Ashton or Kevin) would have any idea at that point that this wasn't something the guests had already accounted for in making their reservation plans.  What could the staff have possibly done about it?  They can't conjure up an extra room out of thin air.  (Except, of course, Capt. Lee sorta did eventually!)   

I only see this being fraudulent if these clients did somehow communicate to Bravo that they couldn't make the bed/guest equation work because someone wasn't willing to share, and production responded that it could be "worked out" on site.  If that happened (behind the scenes), then yeah - totally bogus drama.

But even in that case, the fault would lie with production.  Whereas missing the dairy thing on a preference sheet was entirely Kevin's fault.  As the chef, that's his primary responsibility in a preference sheet meeting, to note what the guests do and don't want, then to order supplies and plan meals accordingly.

Edited to add:  Sorry I didn't see ghoulina's post above, which states the situation far more succinctly than I did!

Edited by mcjen
Slow typists miss new posts!
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Lady of nod said:

This is a great post. Bravo really needs to step up and publicly  call out Ashton on his behavior and fire his ass. They are sending a very dangerous message by just letting this slide. 

I haven't watched a lot of other Bravo shows but aren't drunken fights common?

If they're showing this kind of thing frequently on their network, they are reinforcing the behavior if nothing else.

The cast are probably thinking getting out of control drunk is a way to get airtime or at least not something they will be punished for.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, scrb said:

If they're showing this kind of thing frequently on their network, they are reinforcing the behavior if nothing else.

The cast are probably thinking getting out of control drunk is a way to get airtime or at least not something they will be punished for.

drunken fights are one thing. Drunk men pushing their tongue into womens' mouths without their consent is something that needs to be addressed, IMO.

• Love 23
56 minutes ago, scrb said:

Cat fights yes. Boy fights yes. And the film crew has at times stepped in (RHONJ). I can't recall ever seeing a man (and I use this term loosely) assault a woman.  Asshton assaulted Kate sexually twice and tried to physically assault her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

So when Jamie got on the boat and found out there were 4 rooms with a total of 5 beds for 8 guests and then pursed her lips and said that she was promised her own room and it was non negotionable what did she expect would happen? Oh right that one nice girl would offer to sleep in the salon on a couch so that the princess would not feel that her "personal safety and comfort" would be threatened.  That sounds about right.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

So when Jamie got on the boat and found out there were 4 rooms with a total of 5 beds for 8 guests and then pursed her lips and said that she was promised her own room and it was non negotionable what did she expect would happen? Oh right that one nice girl would offer to sleep in the salon on a couch so that the princess would not feel that her "personal safety and comfort" would be threatened.  That sounds about right.

She certainly doesn't come off looking well but for all we know, she was promised a room of her own, wasn't told anything about there not being enough rooms or whatever.

Or maybe when the producers cast these charter guests, she was deliberately misled.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

You know what gets me?

When the guests jump off the bow of the boat.

I can see when young athletic types doing  it but lard ass Jamie? I know Ashton was right there but he was hardly acting as a lifeguard. They bullshit that the are concerned about safety but their supervision of the water sports is dangerous and horrifying.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 2
On 12/30/2019 at 9:33 PM, AnnA said:

Damn!   Kate came back! 

I'm sick of her bitchy attitude and overly filled lips.

So glad Kate came back. Without Kate, the crew would sink, literally, especially the interior. Here we have Courtney who doesn't want to work. For crying out loud, this is not the job for you, Courtney. Then we have Simone who really has no idea what the hell to do. May I reiterate.....sooooooo glad Kate came back!

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 3
On 12/30/2019 at 9:39 PM, Mindthinkr said:

What was up with the one girl, Jamie, who couldn’t share a bed with another grown woman? So she’s choosing to sleep on a sofa with no bathroom instead? I suspect she has issues. 

I'm trying to figure out this one too. Didn't Jamie say she did not want to share a full size bed with a grown woman? To tell you the truth, I would not want to share a full size bed with a grown woman. I'm assuming she was talking about the SAME bed. No?????

I don't share a full size bed with my husband for crying out loud. Now.....if the accommodations were a full size bed for each grown woman in the same cabin, then Jamie is a diva and all kinds of wrong there, especially bumping the captain out of his cabin. 

Which is it???? Anyone know or figured this out?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Here's a link to an article discussing this episode's crossover to "Southern Charm."

Article on crossover with Southern Charm

There is a link to the private chef's website in the article https://www.justinedorae.com/ .  The intro pic is a bunch of yummy looking brownies but it really set off my Type A-ness that they are not even close to being the same size.  lalalala nothing to see here lalala

• LOL 2
13 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

I don't share a full size bed with my husband for crying out loud. Now.....if the accommodations were a full size bed for each grown woman in the same cabin

I'm pretty sure it was one full size bed for 2 people. I know what you're saying-- a full size bed for any two people, even if they are intimate with one another, is pretty skimpy.

• Love 4

I never share beds with anyone but family because I'm a very light and restless sleeper.  A potential client once told me that my team and I would share rooms and possibly beds during an arduous work trip and I said no thank you to the work.

I think Jamie envisioned this as her birthday cruise, complete with lots of attention. I guess the others didn't agree.

• Love 4

It was a queen bed. Ok I gte it. Not ideal to share with another woman that you don't know but come on . It was for 2 nights. She was fine with letting the other woman sleep in the salon with no bathroom while she had an entire room room to herself. Just selfish and entitled. Please tell me who here could not put up with the sleeping arrangements for 2 lousy nights? If I had been the primary I would have put her ass off of the boat. That is unless she paid for a private room. Why is she so entitled?

• Love 11

I think it would be awkward to share a bed with a stranger.

But at least she could have offered to let her use the bathroom if the other one had to sleep in the lounge.

• Love 3
On 12/30/2019 at 10:43 PM, hisbunkie said:

My opinion is that Not everything that goes wrong is production manufactured.  I’ve been listening to numerous Podcasts that feature reality executive producers, etc.  They seem to be pretty hands odd and admit that most of the bizarre things that happen they did not see coming.

As far as the room situation it makes sense that the guests charter the boat and decide among themselves the sleeping arrangements. 
I personally don’t think I’d want to share a bed with someone I don’t know well.  

If what was said is true.....the bed was a full size bed. That is too small for two adults.

• Love 3

They were not full size beds.  Kate said they were Queen beds so a little larger.  Whatever she was told once she got on the boat and saw how many rooms and how many beds there were it was unreasonabe for her to insist that she have her own room when another woman had to sleep on a sofa to accommodate her demands. Goodness it was 2 nights. Is Jamie that delicate and special that she cannot sleep in a queen size bed for 2 nights with another woman? Yes it is awakward so what.  Grow up and stop acting like a spoiled child. Like I said before unless she paid for a private room I woud have sent her packing. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, spunky said:

He called Aesha's embarrassing behavior out. At no time did he sexually assault anyone or try to physically attack them. He also checked Travis for hitting a woman. But yes he's in the same category as Ashton who made several unwanted sexual advances towards Kate and then became physically violent towards her ( this sentence is sarcasm).  I would feel safer around Joao on his absolute worst day , than Ashton at any time.

I never once stated that he and Ashton were the same. Just that they both think it’s okay to get shitfaced and than excuse it with a stupid alter ego. As for him calling Aesha out that was such condescending misogynistic bullshit based on his Madonna/whore complex.  

26 minutes ago, Sunnykm said:

Why didn't the models take the queen and Jamie and Lauren take the room with two singles?

Jamie demanded her own room not just her own bed.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8