Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Exodus

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

So much fake drama.  Kate’s walkoff was scripted, probably went to a nearby production office or trailer and hung out.

Now she’s talking about what a terrible season, she may have had enough.  Bitch, you coming back for more Bravo money.

You just know the producers egged on that chef to say “I’ll be watching you”  to Kevin.  Give me a fucking break, who says that to a stranger you just met?

If anything, she should be showing professional courtesy but not in Bravo’s universe, where people are in each other’s faces and talking shit behind their backs.  She says to Kevin that the other guests really talking about the food.  

Bitch you were talking about the food!

They had to come up with some fake drama to put the spotlight on Kevin again.  They either hired an actress to play this chef to taunt Kevin.

Because the alternative is that she’s for real shitting on every meal and talking shit to him, which would make her a pretty awful person.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Ashton was totally out of line for his sexual moves on Kate and his angry violent outbursts .

If they are legitimate basis for discipline based on the production  companies rules he should be fired.

On the other hand Kate has no cause for complaint about how all of the rest of the crew hates her. She earned that fair and square. She needs to move on. The show needs her to move on. 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Maybe I misheard during the episode, but I thought that someone requested pizza and mazto ball soup. I though when the pizzas were brought out to the guests one of the guests said they were glad that someone requested them. I hate to defend Kevin, but if the items were requested on the preference sheets than I cannot really fault Kevin that much for serving them.

There was a huge red paragraph on at least one of the guests preference sheets that listed it and apparently others did to and he made no alternive for them, he could have easily made a flatbread or two without cheese. As for the matzo ball people were commenting not that ir was made but he thought it was matzo meal soup.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, hoosiermommy said:

Guest Molly is a former America’s Next Top Model contestant.

And the tan, dark haired girl (not the “chef”) is on Southern Charm. She works at Gwynn’s with Katherine.

9 hours ago, AnnA said:

Damn!   Kate came back! 

I'm sick of her bitchy attitude and overly filled lips.

She’s the star of the show and Captain Lee loves her. Of course she came back.

Kate’s never been my favorite. But I’m too sickened by this season’s misogynistic douche-bru man-boys to be bothered by her or her lips. 

6 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Maybe I misheard during the episode, but I thought that someone requested pizza and mazto ball soup. I though when the pizzas were brought out to the guests one of the guests said they were glad that someone requested them. I hate to defend Kevin, but if the items were requested on the preference sheets than I cannot really fault Kevin that much for serving them.

Correct—the primary requested both pizza and matzo ball soup. 

• Love 19

While matzo ball soup is indeed an odd choice for a meal in super-hot Thailand, I am utterly perplexed that a trained chef seemingly never heard of matzo. I can accept that it isn't his wheelhouse, but complete ignorance is odd at best.  

• Love 8

Kevin said he had never heard of matzoh ball soup before then explain to me the very presence of matzoh meal in his kitchen and the fact that his matzoh balls were done correctly, albeit small, they floated in the soup. 

The pizzas looked marginal at best, he could have used more exotic/local ingredients, his looked like anything you could get at CPK.

That one girl who did not want to share a cabin is the one that nobody likes? (The cabin assignments seemed odd like a big surprise, surely the principle charter guests knew how many cabins and configurations there were, even if production failed to tell them they could certainly have googled that yacht). I noticed she did not even go fishing, if the level of dislike is so palpable then why even go on vacation with everyone?

That blonde stew is incredibly lazy, she could not even be bothered to use the ironing board because she could not sit and use it!

Simone could have had her moment and stepped up to run things in Kate's absence, I think that is why she did not greet Kate with a bigger "hello," when she came back on board.

So the guests wanted matzoh ball soup and rainbow cake at dinner, (such an odd Jewish deli meal request) so other than the cheese misstep Kevin gave them what they wanted so I am convinced that guest who is a chef has been told to create drama.  We used to have a bakery in Baltimore, Silber's Bakery that made the most amazing rainbow cake, no one has ever come close to recreating it...thanks to this show I am craving it!  (I won't even talk about the chocolate top cookies).

Rhylie and her fishing has fallen flat everytime she tries, this time Ashton just happens to have a phone number to some Thai government fishing agency?  Kate did have a great moment casually mentioning that Thailand is not really known for the off shore fishing. 

• Love 8

Ashton and the boys are all dreadful.   Ashton actually digs his hole even deeper on the after-show.  He defends what he’s said as “locker-room” talk and that he basically is just saying what most people “feel” but won’t say.  Apparently, he should also be respected for acting out on his feelings as well.   I mean, he wants his “dick sucked”, he should just make a girl do it.  

I can’t believe I liked him last season.   And don’t get me started on his treatment of Rhiley.  I’m not totally surprised though, because he had Chandler’s back last season in regards to Rhiley.  His throwing her under the bus regarding the “fishing” has more to do with his need to deflect the negativity (over Kate) on to someone else.  Rhiley  is a hot-head, but she’s not lazy.

Courtney and Simone would’ve been totally fucked without Kate; particularly with these guests.  

• Love 19
9 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Google Jamie Stone in CA. it appears she is some sort of "lifestyle" blogger/social "influencer" and other blah, blah, blah.

She has not made her twitter private (yet), Enjoy!

I’m going to be awful for a minute. I’m not normally this awful but Jamie really irritated me last night and my 3 year old woke me up early so whatever. I don’t really follow the social influencer thing (my Instagram seriously has like 4 pictures from 2 years) but aren’t they normally young, thin, and pretty?  I thought it was about like aspirational and not realistic bodies...

10 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

It was very, very, generous of the Captain to give Lauren his quarters. However if he sends Rylee home because of the bullshit Aston was spewing about fishing I will lose the tremendous amount of respect I have for him. I like to think he’s far too intelligent to believe anything Aston has to say. Surely he’s not falling for any of it.

I will be so angry if he sends Rhylee home but he also isn’t being given all the info. He said that he knew nothing about the van escapades or that night (or really much of anything going on this season) because Kate wasn’t telling him. So all he is hearing is Ashton’s side. I would like to think though that Lee could put 2 and 2 together and realize that Ashton is just shifting blame. He might not get the misogyny just because of everyone being “Ugh, Rhylee” from last year but at least get the shifting blame. 

7 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Kate is treated like garbage, Kate walk away from a hostile, drunken, and borderline violent situation where she was the target, none of the assholes suffer any consequences, Kate does not pull any favors with the Captain or anything of the like despite the fact that she should, and returns because Bravo, production, and money(as if Lee has any say on Kate’s hiring or firing lol).

But sure, Kate’s just riding that privileged cloud. 

Lee has said that Kate didn’t give him really any details of what had transpired the previous night which she easily could have (and arguably, should have) because that would have been her “Get out of jail free” card. Instead, she apologized to Lee, took the mild chewing out, and got to work. She hasn’t explained really (that I’ve seen) why she didn’t tell Lee what happened. My personal thought is that she knew it was just 2 weeks left, probably just 2-3 charters left, and she would just keep trucking rather than replace half of the boat (at least, Ashton and Kevin though). 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

There was a huge red paragraph on at least one of the guests preference sheets that listed it and apparently others did to and he made no alternive for them, he could have easily made a flatbread or two without cheese.

They showed a close-up of the preference sheet, and yeah, the dairy thing was in red. It was not specified as a deathly allergy or anything, but a strong preference to avoiding dairy most of the time. In fact I think the preferences were politely stated, clear, and gave helpful examples of types of wine and beer she/he likes. Kevin acted like it was "so many preferences." It really wasn't. It was a desire for a particular style of eating (whole foods, non-dairy, etc.) that is not particularly "odd."

IMG-6810.JPG

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

The pizzas looked marginal at best, he could have used more exotic/local ingredients, his looked like anything you could get at CPK.

Why not a pizza with with fresh seafood and vegetables from the area? And why does it have to be a marinara sauce base? There are so many ways to make pizza a vehicle for high-end ingredients and it didn't even occur to Kevin to do that.

Lee has said that Kate didn’t give him really any details of what had transpired the previous night which she easily could have (and arguably, should have) because that would have been her “Get out of jail free” card. Instead, she apologized to Lee, took the mild chewing out, and got to work. She hasn’t explained really (that I’ve seen) why she didn’t tell Lee what happened. My personal thought is that she knew it was just 2 weeks left, probably just 2-3 charters left, and she would just keep trucking rather than replace half of the boat (at least, Ashton and Kevin though). 

I can't remember ever disliking anyone on a reality show more than Ashton and the other boys on this crew. The "bruh-hood" they have formed is misogynistic, deluded and volatile.

I agree that Kate may have withheld details from Captain Lee because she is a professional and just wanted to get through the two charters. But her lack of detail and downplaying the incident is also in line with victims of abuse. In last week's after show, even after Captain Lee saw exactly what happened, Kate made a comment how it was no big deal. It was a very big deal! I think she may only be realizing that now that the show has aired and so many people are coming to her defense and supporting her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

So Jamie is the twit (thank you, Captain Lee) who can't possibly share a bed with another adult (I'm assuming because there would be no room, given the size of her head and her ass) and yet she's "rewarded" for this asshole behavior by being given the room, while Lauren is sent to sleep in the Sky Lounge?  Huh?  

The guest who's a chef, whatever her name is, can shove it.  I doubt she'd like it much if guests were making snide comments about watching her and coming into her kitchen to offer unsolicited advice.  

FWIW, I thought the matzo ball soup looked good, as well as the dessert.  Screw Jamie and her whining over a birthday cake.  Get over it.  You're an adult.  Nobody really cares about your damn birthday.   If the primary requested pizza, matzo ball soup and a rainbow cookie cake, Kevin was right to prepare them.  

So did the charter guests do any fishing at all?  Could they not go to another location?  

I generally liked Ashton last season but he's really being a twatwaffle.  He needs to quit drinking and so does Tanner.  How many times have they said they can't remember what happened the next before?  That's pretty bad.  

Kate was right to leave the boat but she should have at least left Captain Lee a note, if not woken him up to tell him what happened.  

In reality, I can't imagine that any captain would be okay with his crew's drunken binges affecting the ship the way this crew's has.  

I am not a fan of Rhylee's (see my previous posts for proof) but if she's being fired in the next episode over the fishing thing, I don't agree.  There are many other reasons to get on her case - -insubordination and a bad attitude to start - - but was it her responsibility to clear the fishing location?  Doesn't that ultimately fall on Ashton, unless he specifically told her to check it out?  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Kate is treated like garbage, Kate walk away from a hostile, drunken, and borderline violent situation where she was the target, none of the assholes suffer any consequences, Kate does not pull any favors with the Captain or anything of the like despite the fact that she should, and returns because Bravo, production, and money(as if Lee has any say on Kate’s hiring or firing lol).

But sure, Kate’s just riding that privileged cloud.

Seriously! I guess because people are good at their jobs and gain the trust of their superiors, and therefore have job security, they are expected to stay in a violent situation. To me, this preferential treatment/job security that everyone speaks of just reads as supervisor trust in an employee to me. It IS nice to have and I have it, because I earned it through my job performance.

As for the cheese, it doesn't matter if it is not an allergy. If the guests don't want it, don't make it Kevin (I loathe him). The guest said it didn't "sit right". I wouldn't want to pay a lot of money, be served something that didn't sit right, and spend the vacation is in the bathroom, particularly if I was the girl sleeping in the lounge. 

ETA that now I want matzo ball soup.

Edited by jmcd44
Cravings
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

To bring this back to tonight, the raging misogyny has been covered so I’ll focus on Kevin saying they’d all do better with Kate gone? Really? What boat has he been on? He really thinks Courtney or Simone could have stepped in and managed all that Kate does? All they could think about that needed doing was the ironing. Yes, there was time yet for Kate to return, but still trying to imagine them trying to work out the timing of service, cleaning, organizing and ordering supplies, etc is nearly impossible.

I’m mostly a Kate fan, but I get that she’s arrogant. Tonight showed me that she’s right to be confident about her abilities. She is extremely competent, highly organized and no matter what is going on behind the scenes, never shows the guests anything but a calm, pleasant demeanor.

The whole Kate vs. Kevin feud is a setup.  They were at each other from the very beginning, when Kevin asked her if there was a labeler and she snarked at him in the talking head.

There was no need for animus between them right after they met unless it's all fake.

While they've had these disputes, they're mostly not at each other's throats between charters.

Mostly producer-driven BS.

I'm watching S1 of BDM and if you want to see a real feud, watch Hanna vs. Ben arguing about number of courses and "starter" vs. "entree."  Ben goes to the captain about it but then later on goes to her and apologizes for his part. 

Oh and as for the misogyny, Ashton apologized, knowing full well Kate never would.

Again, the guys took the high road, not the women.

This time Kate accepted the apology since she did the fake walkout, unlike when Brian apologized.

But this Kate is a bitch is also a storyline.

Edited by scrb
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm calling production manipulation on the room/bed situation.  Could it possibly be that when this charter group were accepted, they were told everyone would have their own beds?  I can understand Lauren not wanting to share a bed, especially if they may have been told otherwise.  But, she is being a total bitch about that, and everything else, it seems, so maybe she said "okay" to get a free trip and then, changed her mind, because she didn't speak up first about accommodations.  (The other two skinny girls claimed the room with the two twin bed pretty quickly).  

11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Bedroom gate - the cousin was so selfish. But also, did the primaries not know how many rooms/beds they were getting on this boat? Just me, but when I've done a group vacation, we've always determined those things ahead of time. At any rate, it was very gracious of Lee to give up his bed. 

They know how many beds there are. There 5 bedrooms available. Only one has 2 twins. That's been the set up for every ship except Honor (Coeur de Leone), which could only accommodate 8 guests.

This the casting for the sailing yacht which listed the ship's name. Guests can Google to find out what the cabins look like.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel/fl-fea-below-deck-sailing-vessel-guests-charters-20190410-story.html

Unless Ashton gave Rhylee hours to research fishing locations in Thailand AND got permission from Lee to take the guests to wherever, the fishing excursion was always going to be a bust. The fact that Ashton was quick to blame Rhylee for the lack of fish is proof of his incompetence and douche-baggery. Also anyone who knows anything about fishing knows that sometimes you don't catch anything. I don't think they caught anything during fishing and lobster trips on season 3. They didn't catch anything last season.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

FWIW, I thought the matzo ball soup looked good, as well as the dessert.  Screw Jamie and her whining over a birthday cake.  Get over it.  You're an adult.  Nobody really cares about your damn birthday.   If the primary requested pizza, matzo ball soup and a rainbow cookie cake, Kevin was right to prepare them.  

Even if they get a discount they are paying for a service and they asked fpr a birthday cake ahead of time and Kevin could and should have made a non dairy pizza optuon available both of those things are his job.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kevin said he had never heard of matzoh ball soup before then explain to me the very presence of matzoh meal in his kitchen and the fact that his matzoh balls were done correctly, albeit small, they floated in the soup. 

You are assuming that what we saw occurred in the order it was presented. Kevin is from New Zealand. The population is 5 million; there are 7,000 Jews in New Zealand. That's 00.15%. It's quite possible that prior to getting the preference sheet, he'd never heard of it and that voice over was a reflection of that. Additionally they do a lot of provisioning before the season starts. So he may have been told that someone wanted matzoh ball soup and he made sure to order matzoh meal. Furthermore, we know they have access to laptops to look up recipes. We've see Ben look up recipes and Matt look up how to make sushi. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I was talking about One of Kevin and Kate’s first ever interactions.

They coached them up to snark at each other about the slightest things.

Either it was producer driven or both of them are petty people sniping at each other just after they’d met.

And about something as stupid as labels for food containers.

• Love 1

What is he suppose to do, go to AA meetings and see a therapist about anger management in the middle of the Andaman Sea?

He apologized so they can at least tamp down the hostilities enough to work.

It would have been better not to clear the air, instead let it fester and build up more so they can have a bigger explosion?

What exactly are you demanding that they do?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, albarino said:

I"m going to take a WIILD STAB here.....Perhaps not drink to start with?  When they have nights off, don't leave the boat?  Those are two logical choices.

Dude didn't even know what he was apologizing about.

This is a reality show.

drinking is de riguer.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Even if they get a discount they are patimg for a service and they asked fpr a birthday cake ahead of time and Kevin could and should have made a non dairy pizza optuon available both of those things are his job.

I know they mentioned a birthday celebration but did they ask for a birthday cake?  So rainbow cookie cake and a birthday cake?  And don't both typically have dairy?  

Regardless, based on the photo of the preference sheet above, it was mentioned they were okay with an occasional amount of dairy.  So I guess that can be subjective, especially if the primary requests pizza.  However, Kevin should have read the preference sheet (and maybe would have, were he not hung over.)  

I suspect quite a bit of this is the editing monkeys at work, trying to create more drama. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

I totally agree-the great Heather B from Real World season 1 said something along the lines of "Don't be a bitch and they [production] can't show you being a bitch."

God that feels like a long time ago.  Innocent Julie asking "Why do you need a beeper do you sell drugs?" 

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

know they mentioned a birthday celebration but did they ask for a birthday cake?  So rainbow cookie cake and a birthday cake? 

Yes they asked for a birthday cake and Kevin solution was to it was to ignore it and say he would put a candle in the cookie and than failed at doing that. Also, in their preference sheet screenshoted above it specifically says that if there was a dessert with some dairy thst was fine, which is different from the cheese which was also specified on different preference sheets. 

They seemeed clear in their expextations and werent even that rigid, Kevin just decided to ignore it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 17
13 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

It was very, very, generous of the Captain to give Lauren his quarters. However if he sends Rylee home because of the bullshit Aston was spewing about fishing I will lose the tremendous amount of respect I have for him. I like to think he’s far too intelligent to believe anything Aston has to say. Surely he’s not falling for any of it.

My fantasy is after Asston makes his "man down" speech, Lee says "you're right.  Pack your knots and get off my boat".

• LOL 4
  • Love 20

I’m a little tired of the Captain’s lack of interest in restoring sanity to his employees. I realize he’s more “ hands off” managerial style compared to Sandy’s, but he should really be on top of the the misogyny that is apparent this season. Kate appeared to be in some danger with Ashton and his volatile temper, that he conveniently blacked out;Rylee, though she is able to stand up for herself, should not have been blamed for where they went fishing - the Bosun should.  As I recall, Brian very early on broke an expensive piece of equipment & didn’t tell Ashton right away, but he didn’t get threatened with losing his job.  I find this season more disturbing than most and I sort of feel the way I did about the last season of “ Southern Charm”, these formerly attractive men have turned into douches & unwatchable!

• Love 13