Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I wonder if we'll ever get an explanation for Bobbie's absence. It's not as if she couldn't have gotten all the supplies she needed and wait for Maxie in Beecher's Corners.

At least we know why Britt wasn't around.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

He was in Group 29. 

Is that the group where they teach you to pull your phone away from your ear to shout at it mid-conversation?

Kidding. Just saw that Glenn Howerton was in the same class, and I'm imagining Wes Ramsey on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia making the same acting choices. 

• LOL 3
On 6/3/2021 at 11:41 AM, Sake614 said:

Throughout the ‘negotiations’ with Cyrus, did no one think to mention his mother? As in ‘what will happen to her if you’re gone?’ Does Martin even know where she is since Cyrus got her back? If Cyrus loves her as much as he claims, he wouldn’t leave her behind. To me, she is his Achilles heel. 

agree with everyone for the praise of KSt. Her going off on Peter was awesome! 

To whomever up thread mentioned a Nixon Falls Corinthii spin-off, I love it. Who do we need to convince at ABC to make it happen? That way Mo, LW and SBu could eat their own show and the rest of us could enjoy GH!

If for nothing else, it would be entertaining to see how many ways Sonny finds to pronounce "Corinth."

• LOL 3
16 hours ago, driver18 said:

This makes no sense. Peter being dead or alive, and anyone knowing whether he is dead or alive has literally *nothing* to do with Maxie's "kidnapped" baby. It is not relevant in the slightest. According to the information (that is false) that Maxie told Peter (and is telling everyone else), FakeChloe kidnapped the baby. Peter had nothing to do with it.

That doesn't seem quite right. If someone nefarious actually took that baby, you'd want to talk to the guy who hired her so you could learn what her real name really is, where he knows her from, who her contacts are, etc.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Benji said:

I know !!  I really thought they were going to stop the episode dead in its tracks with a Millow sex scene because they are just so "hot" for each other. 🤮

I've never liked the Brooklyn character much, but I love and adore her for cockblocking Michael in that moment. Allll the praise for BLQ!!!!

I agreed with everything Elizabeth said to Finn about him being Chase's best chance, that Finn being questioned /spending any time in jail will cost time that Chase doesn't have, etc. Either she should have told him to leave Peter's body there and go back to his research while she let the police know she found him after she heard a sound in the stairwell - OR they both should just leave Peter their for the police to find. 

Two things I don't understand/seem to be dropped - that Peter had planned to escape with Maxie and the baby via helicopter (or possibly airplane) and that there is a cabinet of doses of the antidote and fake nurse Chloe had access.

Maxie's recorded statement that Mac said he heard, included the part about the plan to be airlifted. So the PCPD should have police immediately on or near the roof since they/Mac knows Peter has the means to escape by air.  It's plot point stupidity (AGAIN) that Finn is alone on the roof with Peter, and is the only one to think to go up there.

What was the point of showing fake Chloe closing the cabinet with all the doses of antidote (or the toxin), if the Show was just going to kill her off? If it was just supposed to let the audience know that they were already working together or she really works in the medical profession, there were plenty of other ways to do that.

Elizabeth and Finn's scenes can easily build to them falling for each other in time.  I will laugh if Hayden comes back and Finn is clearly falling for Elizabeth.  It's a case of Finn can trust Elizabeth, and Hayden's actions have made it clear that Finn can't trust her. Hayden is less trustworthy than Anna, and Finn doesn't trust her.

The anti-climactic death (if Peter's dead) isn't surprising for this show.  There have been plenty of moments that should have been BIG, and they .... weren't.  Some examples are Jakeson (Drew) getting his "Jason memories" back and the subsequent reunion with Sam, Burton's Jason and Sam getting back together, Nikolas seeing Robin alive when he thought she was dead, a handful of Anna's reactions Robin/something involving Robin in the last decade, Sonny almost nonchalantly telling Carly that Morgan was dead, etc.  (I'm not sure if it's partly the actors' faults or it's mostly the writers, but I just don't believe that Anna has been deeply emotionally invested in adult Robin, and the same with Sonny regarding the late Morgan.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I loved the contrast of Maxie looking like death warmed over (understandably) and then BLQ looking fresh as a daisy. I mean, come on. Willow has had a baby. Brooklyn would NOT have looked that good after just giving birth, especially a supposed emergency birth. 

I do appreciate that she made an effort to kind of slump over and look wan just before opening the door.

As for finding Peter's body, I was assuming they took him to an incinerator. (Although if the show were being logical, it would be more realistic in terms of lugging a body around if they put him inside something on the roof, which is just one flight up, and they know they won't run into anyone there.)

• Useful 1
54 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Is that the group where they teach you to pull your phone away from your ear to shout at it mid-conversation?

Kidding. Just saw that Glenn Howerton was in the same class, and I'm imagining Wes Ramsey on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia making the same acting choices. 

Glenn Howerton would run circles around WR. He can swing from sociopath, to charming sociopath to completely normal inside 10 seconds flat. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Glenn Howerton would run circles around WR. He can swing from sociopath, to charming sociopath to completely normal inside 10 seconds flat. 

I don't know...current GH is pretty good at turning otherwise decent actors into complete shit. 

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Kristen Alderson and Natalia Livingston are the only ones who come to mind. I know, a very low bar. But it seems Howarth and Easton get waaaaaaaay more opportunities to do it.

And Sarah Brown coming back as Claudia.

But then again in the men's column, there's Tony Geary with the Bill Ekhard character. And, as you suggested, we should be counting RH and ME more than once. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

And Sarah Brown coming back as Claudia.

But then again in the men's column, there's Tony Geary with the Bill Ekhard character. And, as you suggested, we should be counting RH and ME more than once. 

I think RHog and ME being from FV's OLTL probably factors more strongly than them being men(though I am not discounting it). FV have let go of more promising actors and characters without a second thought, but he holds onto them for dear life. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Elizabeth and Finn's scenes can easily build to them falling for each other in time.  I will laugh if Hayden comes back and Finn is clearly falling for Elizabeth.  It's a case of Finn can trust Elizabeth, and Hayden's actions have made it clear that Finn can't trust her. Hayden is less trustworthy than Anna, and Finn doesn't trust her.

There's no way in hell they're hiring her back. TPTB have made it clear how they feel about her.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

As for finding Peter's body, I was assuming they took him to an incinerator. (Although if the show were being logical, it would be more realistic in terms of lugging a body around if they put him inside something on the roof, which is just one flight up, and they know they won't run into anyone there.)

I don't know why they couldn't just leave Peter's body in the stairwell. He could have fallen down the stairs all by himself.

• Love 15
Just now, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why they couldn't just leave Peter's body in the stairwell. He could have fallen down the stairs all by himself.

He and Finn had contact and Elizabeth touched him after he had fallen. It's possible forensics could have tied them to him

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

That doesn't seem quite right. If someone nefarious actually took that baby, you'd want to talk to the guy who hired her so you could learn what her real name really is, where he knows her from, who her contacts are, etc.

I thought about that, but this is information that Finn and Elizabeth have exactly ZERO way of knowing. And by the time that information becomes known TO them it will be well, well, WELL past when either of them could/should have come clean.

Plus, neither one of them was thinking clearly.

Elizabeth was thinking: PETER IS DEAD! YES! The man who killed my husband is dead! YES! No way is a good friend, frankly, the father of my niece, the father of ANOTHER person who could die because of PETER going to suffer and go to jail for getting rid of this stain on humanity. NO! NO! NO!

Finn was overcome with grief that he'd killed the man that could save Chase. And, that, you know, he'd killed a man. So, yeah.

Neither were thinking clearly.

• Love 5

I’ve seen “faux” babies that look exactly like human babies including movement, eye fluttering, etc. I’m suspecting that this is one of those dolls because that baby hasn’t really been awake since BL got hold of her. And hasn’t needed to be fed once!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, DanaK said:

He and Finn had contact and Elizabeth touched him after he had fallen. It's possible forensics could have tied them to him

12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not if the PCPD is investigating. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Liz did paw through the passports, which conveniently (and irrationally) ended up fanned beside Peetah's body.

• Useful 1

God, Carly. Thought she was going to jump Jason right there in the cell. I'm kind of disappointed that she's changing her mind on Britt. I was looking forward to seeing her head explode.

Jordan, next time? Aim better.

I am here for Liesl wanting the details on Britt and Jason's sexcapades. She's just so hilarious. But also, Kathleen Gati is really good. She can make you feel emotion that you didn't know you had.

Looking at that incredibly adorable baby has not gotten old yet. So precious. 

What is Austin's hair? Is it Roger Howarth dictated that it has to be so greasy and stringy? Completely grossed me out. I know he's supposed to be nature guy, but seriously Show?

I wanted whoever was watching Millow have sex to throw a firebomb in there.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I don't care what anyone says - Millow are such garbage ppl. Didn't they hear that Chase was in a really bad way? Granted, I don't fully pay attn when they're on screen, but I could have sworn Willow demanded to know what Finn knew, and Finn told her Chase was in a bad way and that there was no cure. I'm not saying they have to be at the hospital, but since they've been displaying all this (fake) concern for Chase, I would have thought they would be there for him? Did Chase tell them to leave or something and I missed it. I don't know. I don't get the writing for them at all. I'm also sick of seeing them having sex. Where's my NAVA sex scene?!?! LOL! That's what I want to see.

Anyway . . . . I just need Willow to go in Chase's room, break Chase's heart (no matter what his condition is), and leave. I want this done. I want Chase free to move on w/his life. I hope that was Nelle spying on Mildew b/c any trouble that is brought to them will please me! 

I cannot tell you guys how much I hate Valentin. It  doesn't help that I absolutely hated JPS's character (Dick Roman) on the show Supernatural, and then he came over here and "killed" Nikolas and screwed over Lulu. Ugh . . . no amt of French speaking or hunchback tales could sway me. I cannot stand Valentin. That said, he is SUPER ADORABLE w/that baby. I found myself smiling at all those scenes today. I also think he has chemistry w/BL (and Anna). I think I could really love him, Brook Lynn, and their baby! Haha!! Valentin and BL could work together. It really sucks that this isn't their baby! LOL! 

I wonder if Dr. Austin will find Chloe!! 

It's really soapy that Linn/Fiz is unknowingly keeping Maxie away from her baby. 

Call me naive, but I never thought Cyrus was going to kill Laura. I don't even care that Curtis got shot b/c I don't think Laura needed a rescue. That said, I was only half paying attn b/c I was also working. LOL!  Maybe Cyrus did threaten her, and I missed it?!

Portia has to feel some kind of way pushing up on Curtin after befriending Jordan! 

• Love 2

Anyone else notice how when Doc Austin looked at the board in GH, he/the camera paused over the "Michael Corinthos Youth Head Trauma Wing" or whatever it was called? And then someone unknown is watching Michael and Willow through the window? Clearly he has something to do with Michael. Yay.

Is it really possible that both Cyrus and Peter are finally dealt with, and the Corinthos crew had nothing to do with it? (Besides Cyrus being injured on the pier, of course.)

I really like BL and Valentin together. It's too bad the lie about the baby will ultimately come between them.

• Love 10

I had to stop and think what shooting on the dock Jax was talking about with Olivia. So many other things have happened since then. Plus, who cares that Michael may have been in danger? He's the one who barges into situations he has no business being in. Just like his mother.

I get that Finn has his Hippocratic Oath to first do no harm and all of that, but I'm a bit surprised he's so haunted by the death of Peter. Peter was holding his son hostage. Finn doesn't have to do cartwheels in the GH halls, but his self-flagellation is a bit much. He should be feeling a bit more conflicted, IMO.

Wow, Jeff Kober's makeup was TERRIBLE today. I know it was the same as yesterday's, but the lighting today was especially unflattering to him.

Great, Gentle Outdoorsman Doctor Austin is back, wondering WTF the Michael Corinthos Center for Brain Damage (whatever) is all about.

Oh, Liesl, Jason isn't any woman's match. You stop that nonsense this instant.

The shootout in Portia's house was pretty funny. Curtis deserved to get shot, IMO. What an egotist, thinking he was the one who could bring down Cyrus. And color me shocked that Jordan aimed and Cyrus and actually shot him. I liked that Laura ran to the corner for safety instead of just standing there in the open watching.

Jason's sigh when Carly said they had to go the hospital after his release was hilarious.

I FFed all of Michael and Willow. They're despicable.

Ugh to Olivia needing BL's approval to give the baby to Valentin. Not everyone hates their baby's daddy. (You know what I mean.)

Every time I hear "Bailey" I think they're saying "baby."

Of course Carly smirks at Cyrus. I wish he'd had a hidden gun and shot her between the eyes. Or thrown a syringe at her. Anything.

• Love 12

Michael and Willow, in to kill any momentum the episode had. Does Willow even know Maxie? I can't even remember them interacting. Oh, look! Hot stuff can't keep their hands off each other and now someone is spying on them while they get busy! I'm sure it's Jax or Sacha. It would be too much to hope for someone coming to kill those two. I'm really hoping that it's one of Cyrus's men there, because that ought to wipe the smirk off Carly's face if her precious Michael is kidnapped.

So I've been wondering if they are going to switch Trina's paternity the past few days. I was convinced that Cyrus was going to shoot Trina and they would go the route of rare blood type that Curtis happens to have. But now he's the one whose been shot and he has no blood relatives in PC.

But Curtis was so adamant about leaving that life behind that he decided that he had to play heroes. 

BL is already attached to that baby.

I really don't care about Austin. RoHo is playing the same character, so maybe they should just've kept Franco.

• Love 1
(edited)

I find it odd that Dr.Austin won't give his last name? Is a Corinthos? He did pause at Michael's name on the wall.

I prefer the name Bailey than Louise. I hope that sticks, I like her actually with Valintine. I'll feel bad for him when she's taken back.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, absnow54 said:

This is where Bobbie or Britt should have still been in the story. If Bobbie or Britt were there to confirm they "delivered" Bailey, then no one would insist on Brooklyn being examined. Too bad they only touted Bobbie out for the "very special episode" and then dropped her from the story. 

the thing is - BLQ did say she had a Doula. a lot of people give birth via Doula and don't have to be checked out by a doctor after -the baby does need to be given her "just given birth" shots and stuff. 

I do think BLQ needs to look more ragged just having BLQ2

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Gigi43 said:

Thanks to "Millow" sex I can reflux-taste the cinnamon bun I had earlier. 

oh just yuck. 

(I'll have to watch the whole cyrus thing. i didn't get the gist of why they took Portia/Trina hostage etc) but i'll have to ignore the Millow Sex

• Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Michael and Willow, in to kill any momentum the episode had. Does Willow even know Maxie? I can't even remember them interacting

I know, I looked up and thought why was she in Maxie's hospital room.

Also Jax went to the Q residence to check on Michael??  Even that seemed a stretch.

And did they explain where Ned is that late at night, or does he still living at the MetroCourt.

Someone PLEASE feed that baby!

Leisl asking Britt for her details of sex with Jason was hilarious.

• Love 6

Why did Jordan bust down the door, see a killer with a gun pointed at her, and fire ONE SHOT ...AT HIS LEG?! 

Why is Jax checking on Michael instead of his own daughter? 

Why isn't Jason being arrested for breaking out of police custody and going on the lam?! I'm pretty sure that's a crime, even though he was only awaiting trial. 

How long is Austin going to be dressed like a Boy Scout?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Why did Jordan bust down the door, see a killer with a gun pointed at her, and fire ONE SHOT ...AT HIS LEG?! 

She should have shot the gun out of his hand.  

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Katy M said:
14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

She should have shot the gun out of his hand.  

Dear Jordan: When the man that kidnapped, tortured, and injured your son PLUS shoots your soon-to-be-ex husband in the gut gives you a valid reason you're supposed to shoot that guy in the head...multiple times. No wonder it's so easy for the bad guys to win on this show.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 9

How did Willow even come to be in Maxie’s Hospital room?  I had to rewind it a couple times - she was just THERE.  Is she so baby-obsessed she’ll hone in on any woman who’d just given birth?  Does she even know Maxie?

I like Britt and I hate that they’re already making her gaga over Jason.

Millow sex.... 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 not sexy, show.  Stop trying to convince us otherwise.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I am here for Liesl wanting the details on Britt and Jason's sexcapades. She's just so hilarious. But also, Kathleen Gati is really good. She can make you feel emotion that you didn't know you had.

Absolutely yes, yes, yes.

And Cyrus --the  70s called.  They want their hair back.....

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

How did Willow even come to be in Maxie’s Hospital room?  I had to rewind it a couple times - she was just THERE.  Is she so baby-obsessed she’ll hone in on any woman who’d just given birth?  Does she even know Maxie?

Right ?!  I'm glad other people are mentioning this. It seemed like she just "appeared" for no reason. And Michael came in after that, so its not like she accompanied him or followed him into the room. I bet she's going to be nosy/suspicious about BL not actually giving birth and she'll mess everything up. 

• Love 1

No matter how many times the writers/producers/directors try to convince us to love Michael and Willow’s “love affair”, we will not love it. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. Please stop this. Just Stop This.

• Love 17

Do Michael/Willow actually have a fanbase? 

The whole insisting on them having love scene and having to watching Michael unhook her bra is such a pass the barf bucket moment. We get it. Michael is a sex beast. And he looks like the cat that swallowed the fucking canary whenever she gives him any sort of compliment.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

I find it odd that Dr.Austin won't give his last name? Is a Corinthos? He did pause at Michael's name on the wall.

I prefer the name Bailey than Louise. I hope that sticks, I like her actually with Valintine. I'll feel bad for him when she's taken back.

For some reason, I get the feeling that BL and Valentine will end up being godparents. Two rich people connected to power aren’t a bad choice. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

the thing is - BLQ did say she had a Doula. a lot of people give birth via Doula and don't have to be checked out by a doctor after -the baby does need to be given her "just given birth" shots and stuff. 

I do think BLQ needs to look more ragged just having BLQ2

Unless there are different types of doulas, they typically stick to emotional and physical support of the laboring mother. They don’t participate in delivering the baby. BL should have said a midwife. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, AryasMum said:

Unless there are different types of doulas, they typically stick to emotional and physical support of the laboring mother. They don’t participate in delivering the baby. BL should have said a midwife. 

I am showing my stupid because i honestly thought a Midwife and a Doula was  the same thing thanks for that correction

• Love 1
(edited)

When Carly was outside Cyrus's room and gave that obnoxious smug face I found myself hoping Finn and Elizabeth had put Peter in the ceiling above her and his dead weight would cause the roof to cave in, thus crushing her skull with his body and giving me a '2 for 1' in characters I want gone.  Alas...

In spite of myself, I'm interested in Austin's story...though at this point all indications point to something to do with Corinthii, so, yeah.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Cyrus getting shot in the leg was a rather weak ending for him. A SWAT guy should have plugged him full of holes and had him carted off in a body bag. Hopefully Martin will know where his mom is

• Love 1

Yeah, the slow introduction of Austin is annoying me. Obviously, him not saying his last name means something, right? He looks at the hospital board and the camera focuses on Michael’s name. So, that means something, right? Of course, this means that FV is making Roger a relative of Sonny and/or Michael. I’m making all of this up but I know it’s gonna be a f’d up character that wasn’t needed. I still don’t even get the whole killing of Franco thing. Franco & Elizabeth were very popular. Was RH contract up as Franco and they decided to kill him and creates new character or did RH ask for it. It’s all so dumb. Finally why is Austin dressed up like a 12 year old Boy Scout?

• Love 2

My wacky theory about Austin is this: He worked at the Facility Jax Found while Michael was a patient there. Bonus hackery points if he developed a crush on Carly, the braveandstrong mother who spent oh-so-many hours at her comatose son’s bedside. <eyeroll>

I mean, that explanation is not great, but it’s better than Austin being yet another Corinthos or a member of some other mob family. (Though unless the hippie act is a feint, he’s probably not the ruling boss himself and it’s his family members who are the real criminals.)

But seriously, we just (hopefully) jettisoned our last evuhl mob boss today! Please, show, can we have a minute before the next mafia rival steps up?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Do Michael/Willow actually have a fanbase? 

Believe it or not, yes. Not a very big one, but I've had the misfortune of interacting with one accidentally after she came into my mentions on social media. With a name of "MillowLover". 🤢 I mean, please. What did I do to deserve that?

Monday looks dreadful with the return of Nixon Falls. But hey, Stella!

• Love 4

Are we assuming the baby nurse is dead?

What is that nasty looking rag around Austin's neck for?

Didn't Valentin get some antidote from Peter when Anna went to the funeral?

Has Curtis  no stealth abilities at all? 

Why didn't Finn and Elizabeth just step over Peter and keep it moving? The thought of them (especially tiny Elizabeth) disposing of the body and cleaning the area is ludicrous..

I agree: Why was Willow in Maxie's room and why was Jax with Olivia?

Is Austin a plastic surgeried and SORASed Morgan? Just kidding!!

Must Carly always demand instead of request things?

Maybe Finn should've gone outside to to scan for the vial Peter threw off the roof, out of desperation.

Trina was a real mouthy hostage.

I'm not liking the way BL is playing Valentin He's gonna be devastated.

It irks my soul that Carly is considered the matriarch of GH instead of Laura.

Where is Martin during this family drama?

I like Britt and I accept that Britt/Jason are gonna be a thing but her grinning about it like an adolescent doesn't work for me.

Millow sex scenes are repulsive.

Jeff Kober is such a good actor. I'm glad Cyrus survived.

After a really entertaining week, I guess we can switch the dial back to 'extremely stupid' in anticipation of return to Nixon Falls next week.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DanaK said:

Cyrus getting shot in the leg was a rather weak ending for him. A SWAT guy should have plugged him full of holes and had him carted off in a body bag.

Then, we could have said, "They Zandered his ass!" 

2 hours ago, Chanandler said:

My wacky theory about Austin is this: He worked at the Facility Jax Found while Michael was a patient there. Bonus hackery points if he developed a crush on Carly, the braveandstrong mother who spent oh-so-many hours at her comatose son’s bedside. <eyeroll>
I mean, that explanation is not great, but it’s better than Austin being yet another Corinthos or a member of some other mob family.

It's not a bad theory. I'm thinking either the connection is tied to The Facility that Jax Found, or he did time with Michael, or he was doctoring at the jail and he treated Michael after he was raped (and thus we're going to do "Michael's trauma, revisited"; Michael can talk about it with Willow and she can do the characteristic Willow shit) -- something that has to do with one of the few times Michael was away from the rest of Port Charles and in the orbit of other people. I don't think he's a Corinthos. Maybe I'm just hoping.

• Love 2