Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Question: what was with the photo of Nik and Ava? Judging from the ominous music and the preview, I guess it’s supposed to be bad. But I can’t figure out what it signifies?

I thought there was a knife stuck through the picture.

• Useful 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So I really don't know how things work in the prison system. I'm ashamed to say that my education on that comes mainly from Orange is the New Black, but shouldn't his parole / parole hearing just be denied anyway because he shived Jason in the gut? He attacked a fellow inmate as a favor to his former boss's widow who has taken over the business. That's not what I call good behavior.

I think they waved it off by saying it was self-defense. However I think just having a weapon in prison would be enough and shouldn’t they know that Shawn worked for Sonny? He stabbed another inmate who also happened to work for Sonny, Jason then fled from the hospital and no one suspected it was all planned? 

They don’t even pretend Michael is an adult, do they? God he was extra pathetic today yelling about Jax not giving him a choice because he’s incapable of being honest and possibly looking like a bad friend. It’s fine, I’m sure Carly will step into momma bear mode for him soon enough and fix this anyway. What a waste of a character. I’m not sure who he’s supposed to appeal to except helicopter parents who also like to run their adult children’s lives. It’s such a stark contrast to years back when you had teens with their own SLs and parents who weren’t involved even when they should have been. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hallelujah! The whole thing was so utterly stupid. My memory is fuzzy, but someone upthread mentioned that Jerry had poisoned Nik with the same toxin...

The point of my rambling is, why didn't anyone ask Nik? Oh, right. The "writers" don't know and don't give a fuck, and think long time viewers have corn for brains.

Expand  

No it's the one Faison gave Tiffany, hence the need to go through the papers that Sean had.   Peter had it modified.  But it's ridiculous that no one asked Obrecht who was probably involved in creating the original toxin in the first place and has no love for Peter.

6 hours ago, DanaK said:

Interesting introduction of mRNA by Finn for Chase’s antidote. It’s like the writers knew at least some of the audience would understand...

I don't. Peter gave Chase a toxin, not a virus, so that there is no point in creating an mRNA package for it because it wouldn't be reproducible. And a variant would not apply because again, not a virus.

It feels like they read someone talking about the two mRNA Covid vaccines and thought that they would steal the idea.

I finally managed to hunt down some clips from the original Faison, Sean and Tiffany storyline. You’re right, @statsgirl, that the toxin poisoning Chase is a modified (by Peter’s goons) version of what Faison used to poison Tiffany. Confusingly, back then they continually referred to the Tiffany’s illness being caused by a “virus”, but this time around it’s always been referred to as a toxin, which makes more sense. So the mRNA thing should not apply in this case but clearly as you said they just wanted to borrow from COVID tech.

And to add to the “why haven’t these people been consulted in this storyline list”: Tony Jones was the one who developed both a copy of the antidote (it was a pill back then) and eventually came up with a cure, so Finn should have sought out his papers from Bobbie or Lucas (who?).  The suggestion was made that Tony write a scientific paper about his work at the end of the storyline - it wouldn’t be an exact solution, but it would definitely have been a starting point for Finn to work on a cure for this version. It’s incredibly stupid that Tony wasn’t ever mentioned to my knowledge - even a line that they searched his papers and (implausibly) found nothing. Just another example of the show paying lip service to the past without actually mining it for deeper meaning.

Also it seems like Robin, who cured Jerry’s polonium poisoning, could have easily been drafted into working on this offscreen- it’s not like it would be suspicious for Anna to be in frequent contact with her.

But, missed opportunities and junky science aside, as has also been said, whatever brings this storyline to an end.

Edited to add I posted a link to a playlist containing the storyline and the first clip in the History thread if anyone’s interested. 😀

Edited by Chanandler
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Chanandler said:

Also it seems like Robin, who cured Jerry’s polonium poisoning, could have easily been drafted into working on this offscreen

Robin also cooked up a cure for death so she should definitely be consulted.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

No lie, I was going to mention that but couldn’t think of how to phrase Jason’s slo-mo un-deadening. Defrosting?

Nixon Fails has just completely stranded Nina as a character.  No one in PC misses her - except Jax, stupidly, and even he only suddenly  remembered her two episodes ago. When Peter listed Nina as someone Valentin cares about, I wanted his response to be like, “Who?” She’s the deadest of weights- when Sonny’s memory returns she’s got to be out of here, right?

Jax can go, too. Sorry, dude. You’re shouting into the void about your she-beast of an ex-wife’s power grab and your daughter’s been fully assimilated into the Borg borg. Now you’re blackmailing a man-baby for a woman who dumped your ass ages ago; you’re done.

• Love 5

Has there been any pairing that Nina didn't kill? Nna/Valentin was so bad I rejoiced when it ended, she was terrible with Jax and now even worse with 'Mike'. I know that CW is a good actress but the writing for her is terrible.

I have reached the conclusion that they are dragging out the Chase/Millow reveal is because it's the only thing interesting about Millow.  Once it's in the open, it's mayo on white bread again.

I'm catching up on Friday's episode (Obrecht/Britt girl talk was delightful) and I'm wondering why a hospital based internist (Portia) carries a bag of saline in her medical bag. I grew up around doctors and I've never seen any doctor carry a bag of saline in a medical bag.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So I really don't know how things work in the prison system. I'm ashamed to say that my education on that comes mainly from Orange is the New Black, but shouldn't his parole / parole hearing just be denied anyway because he shived Jason in the gut? He attacked a fellow inmate as a favor to his former boss's widow who has taken over the business. That's not what I call good behavior.

But ... but ... he's been doing all the right things while he's been in prison! Yes, except for shivving Jason (and how did he get that shiv?) but that doesn't count.

1 hour ago, Chanandler said:

And to add to the “why haven’t these people been consulted in this storyline list”: Tony Jones was the one who developed both a copy of the antidote (it was a pill back then) and eventually came up with a cure, so Finn should have sought out his papers from Bobbie or Lucas (who?).  The suggestion was made that Tony write a scientific paper about his work at the end of the storyline - it wouldn’t be an exact solution, but it would definitely have been a starting point for Finn to work on a cure for this version. It’s incredibly stupid that Tony wasn’t ever mentioned to my knowledge - even a line that they searched his papers and (implausibly) found nothing. Just another example of the show paying lip service to the past without actually mining it for deeper meaning.

Also it seems like Robin, who cured Jerry’s polonium poisoning, could have easily been drafted into working on this offscreen- it’s not like it would be suspicious for Anna to be in frequent contact with her.

This is another example of the show's bad habit of writing people in bubbles instead of branches intertwining characters. For how bad the Peter arc was, at least it used characters from Anna to Finn to Robert to Maxie to Valentin to Britt and several others.

• Love 4

Finn has great penmanship. The periodic table looked amazing. In fact, when he they came back from commercial it looked like the sharpie he was using wasn’t actually writing until the final moment when he put a box over the formula. Now, that’s impressive. I do hope someone able to capture the whiteboard and decipher WTH he wrote. It’s so obvious that the next pairing will be Fin & Liz. Which in the soap world makes them Fliz or Finne, right?

Random question. Does anyone know who the first characters were to have their soap names merged? I know it wasn’t Luke & Laura. It was well after that. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, I hate that Nina has feelings for Amnesia!Sonny, I wish she was solely keeping his alive-itude a secret to get revenge on Carly.

Hun, what did you expect? Sonny is the second sexiest man to have ever existed, back in the 90's and especially now when he's "53." Nina couldn't help but fall in love with his magic sex phermones. (The only man even sexier is of course Jason.)

3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Michael and Willow are trash.

I feel really bad for the actress playing Willow. She had a cute, great love interest in Chase and she's being forced to make "Millow" work. I wouldn't be surprised if she researched and realized that Chad's utter inability to spark chemistry for the past decade has dragged down most actresses trying to play opposite him. I almost get this manic glint in her eye that she's determined to make this work, lest she wind up like Teresa Castillo. 

I mean, the main deal for a leading man on a soap is that he's supposed to be able to generate chemistry with a variety of romantic partners. How Chad Duell has been allowed to stumble through over a decade of failed romantic pairings (even when he was playing opposite someone he was actually dating) yet is still treated as a leading man is kind of a mystery. 

Finally...are they chemtesting Liz and whatever the hell name Michael Easton's character is going by this week? Isn't Franco still warm in the ground? Geez.

Random question. Does anyone know who the first characters were to have their soap names merged? I know it wasn’t Luke & Laura. It was well after that. 

I was on fandom boards in the late 90's/early 2000's and the first clear one I remember is LiAson, aka Liz/Jason. It was when Jason came back and he and Liz started circling each other. The actress playing Robin had left and they needed a sweet young heroine to play against Jason so they decided on Liz, who was struggling to love Lucky with a drastically different, Abercrombie-face yet much shorter height. That storyline was probably 2002 or so? 

I think earlier couples might have been retroactively named, but that was the first couple I can remember getting a portmaneau in real time as the storyline was happening. At the same time it was also popular to give a ship a name that described them but wasn't a mashing of their names, like Scrubs for Robin and Patrick when that storyline was going on circa 2005. I don't think you see that as much anymore.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Michael and Willow are two self-righteous c****. Willow was doing fine as a character until they stuck her ass with Michael. 

Yeah that crap bout him being a model prisoner goes out the window when he stabs someone within a month of his parole hearing.  He also should have been put in so,Italy and lost any privileges for quite awhile.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So did David Hayward in the final months of AMC, which has the same shared TV universe.  We never hear about that either.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Jax is going to feel like such an idiot  that another woman that he is interested in is falling for Sonny.

Yep, which is always repellent to men.  A woman falling for someone you despise and look down on is a very unattractive look.

Micheal: My sister loves you and you blackmail me?
Not. I like you/i respect(ed) you or whatever. just. My sister loves you so how dare you?

Also. if you wanted to sit down and work with Nina to be in Wiley's life - you would have done that ages ago. you didn't. don't pretend that you were gonna do it later. 

Also also no one did this for wiley when they took him away from Lucas did they? nope. 

Also also also: no one would have to blackmail you if you weren't scum of the earth and sleeping with Willow instead of telling chase. like grow a freaking pair dude. 

• Love 13
(edited)
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I was on fandom boards in the late 90's/early 2000's and the first clear one I remember is LiAson, aka Liz/Jason. It was when Jason came back and he and Liz started circling each other. The actress playing Robin had left and they needed a sweet young heroine to play against Jason so they decided on Liz, who was struggling to love Lucky with a drastically different, Abercrombie-face yet much shorter height. That storyline was probably 2002 or so? 

I'm not sure when Liason as a name for them was first coined, but the initial Jason/Liz tease (and resulting fanbase) was in '99, before Jason left the first time. Robin was out of the picture, Lucky was recently "dead," they had already been friendly through Emily, and there was obviously a spark. It intensified when Liz harbored and played nurse to Jason at her studio when he was shot by a rival mobster. She also kept Carly away (Jason didn't want to see her; he knew about her sex with Sonny), which was the start of that feud. But Burton left to pursue other things, which kept it from getting very far.   

Burton made short-term returns in 2000 and 2001, and Jason's Liz connection was part of his story both times, even though the Jacob Young Lucky was in the picture by then. Then he was back full time in 2002, and Liason got trashed. (Zander, Courtney, Ric, Sam, etc.)  

I think portmanteaux were just a thing by that point with fanbases, including fans of prime-time shows. I never watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I know its fans had a lot of them for the various pairings.  

I think earlier couples might have been retroactively named, but that was the first couple I can remember getting a portmaneau in real time as the storyline was happening. At the same time it was also popular to give a ship a name that described them but wasn't a mashing of their names, like Scrubs for Robin and Patrick when that storyline was going on circa 2005. I don't think you see that as much anymore.

I've been privately thinking of Britt and Jason as Shake 'n Blink. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • LOL 3

Can Millow please move to Nixon Falls? And then can somebody please just build a wall around the entire town? 

I’m finding it hard to believe that Valentin is accepting BL’s entire birth story without wanting more details. At the very least, he should be demanding to meet the dula.

Whether for business reasons or because of cute-baby fever, how long before Brooke decides little Bailey belongs to her, now and always? My prediction: Maxie finds out Peter’s dead and tries to reclaim her baby. Brooke says “Your what, now? Stay away from MY baby, crazy lady!” and Valentin has Maxie committed. That should get KS off the canvas for awhile. (Does Britt know about the specific arrangement with Brooke Lynn? Or just that Maxie was going to fake the baby’s death?)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Micheal: My sister loves you and you blackmail me?
Not. I like you/i respect(ed) you or whatever. just. My sister loves you so how dare you?

Hard to say whether Jax or Michael was MORE repugnant in those scenes, but I've got to go with Michael. 

He completely discounts how Jax gave he and Morgan the only stable home they ever had. But I guess the bullet he took to his brain messed with his memory.

And I feel the need to point out, he unilaterally decided what to do about Wiley without discussing it with Willow... again. 

(Blah, blah, blackmail, Jax didn't give him the option... But it's the same pattern of behavior. Corinthii always knows best) 

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, Chanandler said:

Nixon Fails has just completely stranded Nina as a character.  No one in PC misses her - except Jax, stupidly, and even he only suddenly  remembered her two episodes ago. When Peter listed Nina as someone Valentin cares about, I wanted his response to be like, “Who?” She’s the deadest of weights- when Sonny’s memory returns she’s got to be out of here, right?

I'm hoping that she'll be out of here. I don't care about Nina, but I resent that she will be sacrificed at the altar of Sonny and Carly. See? Carly was right all along about Nina. She is unhinged.

Nina is not needed. Crimson doesn't need her to run it. Her "staff" seems to be doing just fine without her. Valentin has a brand new baby girl and has been hanging out around the woman he's always wanted, plus he and BL have great chemistry.

Jax just thought about her. 

Ava, her friend, hasn't thought about her. 

Nina's only tie to PC is Wylie and he's not asking after her because he's two and because he's been around her like twice. 

So Nina is pretty much on a raft at sea. Nobody is missing her, thinking of her, talking about her. She's an afterthought if that.

ETA - Nina is also tied to Maxie and James, but she doesn't even miss them or even wonders if Maxie has given birth, knowing the threat that Peter poses to her sister-in-law. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Chanandler said:

1.  That's what I said up thread! But it boils down to the current regime and "writers" don't give a fuck. Sri Rao would have done this story JUSTICE.

2. I also said this many pages back!
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ah, yes, when Patrick thought she was "dead" in the rushed reunion/ushering Jason Thompson off the show in that "Romeo & Juliet" "plot".

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, I hate that Nina has feelings for Amnesia!Sonny, I wish she was solely keeping his alive-itude a secret to get revenge on Carly.

I don't give a shit about Mooby or Nina. But her falling for him makes no bloody sense she KNOWS WHO HE IS. And I don't think Mooby has any kind feelings toward her, since she tried to kidnap his spawn, Avery from Ava's womb, no? This is such a snoozefest and stupid ass storyline, but I fast forward it. BUT, it would make more sense if Nina didn't know, or maybe she's doing it on purpose to get back at the SheBeast? Who the fuck knows? Or really cares? I know I don't.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

How Chad Duell has been allowed to stumble through over a decade of failed romantic pairings (even when he was playing opposite someone he was actually dating) yet is still treated as a leading man is kind of a mystery. 

I KNOW. And IRL, he has some actual charm. He can't seem to bring that over to Michael, though.

30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't give a shit about Mooby or Nina. But her falling for him makes no bloody sense she KNOWS WHO HE IS.

Seriously. I really can't understand Nina's attraction to Mike. This not a kinder, gentler Sonny. I find this story inexplicable. Most of the GH stories are, of course, but this one has even less of a plan than most.

• Love 11

Sit back folks while I tell you the history of portmanteaus*. It began on Guiding Light. Fletcher and Holly fans were not happy when the writers put Holly back with Roger so they created not just fanfic, but a round-robin fanfic world on a message board that discussed this round-robin fanfic as if THAT was the soap that they called.... dun dun dun... FOLLY WORLD! They combined Fletcher and Holly's name to come up with that title. Well, that took off and other fans of GL couples started to combine their fave couples names too. The next big one was "Manny" for Michelle and Danny. Eventually it spread to the other soaps.

THEN.... dun dun dun dun... it tripped on over to OUTSIDE the realm of soap operas with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez (the first go-round!) Some media outlet--clearly a soap watcher!--christened them Bennifer! And the world of couple portmanteaus being everywhere as we know it was born.

* I'm fairly positive this is is how it all went down. (I'm going by my memory of it.)

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, driver18 said:

it tripped on over to OUTSIDE the realm of soap operas with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez (the first go-round!)

Speaking of, I heard someone refer to round 2 as "Againifer."  I approve.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't care about Nina, but I resent that she will be sacrificed at the altar of Sonny and Carly. See? Carly was right all along about Nina. She is unhinged.

Sooooo annoying!  As usual, everything revolves around Carly/Sonny "winning."  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, lala2 said:

Who is this story for? It's not for the Chase fans. It's not for the Millow fans. It's not for the Chillow fans. Why is this dumb, boring story being dragged out? Why can it not end?!?! Even though it sounds like Finn has found a cure, I have no hope that this lame "triangle" is ending anytime soon. This story is beyond awful and needs to end! 

Perhaps for the Michael fans, if there are any.  Some Sonny / Carly fans might be at one remove?

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But ... but ... he's been doing all the right things while he's been in prison! Yes, except for shivving Jason (and how did he get that shiv?) but that doesn't count.

But it's the system being so unfair to him because of the color of his skin!  All the black and female judges it has now don't make a darn bit of difference!  

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't give a shit about Mooby or Nina. But her falling for him makes no bloody sense she KNOWS WHO HE IS. And I don't think Mooby has any kind feelings toward her, since she tried to kidnap his spawn, Avery from Ava's womb, no? This is such a snoozefest and stupid ass storyline, but I fast forward it. BUT, it would make more sense if Nina didn't know, or maybe she's doing it on purpose to get back at the SheBeast? Who the fuck knows? Or really cares? I know I don't.

Doing it on purpose to get back at the SheBeast might make for some good scenes, especially where Smike takes her side.  SheBeast trying to convince Smike he is Sonny and he not remembering so preferring to be with Nina - the SheBeast would explode.

47 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Sit back folks while I tell you the history of portmanteaus*. It began on Guiding Light. Fletcher and Holly fans were not happy when the writers put Holly back with Roger so they created not just fanfic, but a round-robin fanfic world on a message board that discussed this round-robin fanfic as if THAT was the soap that they called.... dun dun dun... FOLLY WORLD! They combined Fletcher and Holly's name to come up with that title. Well, that took off and other fans of GL couples started to combine their fave couples names too. The next big one was "Manny" for Michelle and Danny. Eventually it spread to the other soaps.

THEN.... dun dun dun dun... it tripped on over to OUTSIDE the realm of soap operas with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez (the first go-round!) Some media outlet--clearly a soap watcher!--christened them Bennifer! And the world of couple portmanteaus being everywhere as we know it was born.

* I'm fairly positive this is is how it all went down. (I'm going by my memory of it.)

I remember hearing "Billary" and thought that might be a very early one - early 90s when Bill said we'd be getting two for one in the Oval Office. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kim0820 said:

I remember hearing "Billary" and thought that might be a very early one - early 90s when Bill said we'd be getting two for one in the Oval Office. 

I don't believe that was used until after the portmanteus became a thing.

Sean and Alexis's crimes.  Still not.the.same.thing. 

Sean, brings a gun and shoots at Hayden.  Premeditation.

Alexis, grabs a syringe and injects Dante.  No premeditation.  No gun crime (not sure of the NY state laws on gun crimes, if they're different).

That, and the Jason stabbing mentioned upthread.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Alexis, grabs a syringe and injects Dante.  No premeditation.  No gun crime (not sure of the NY state laws on gun crimes, if they're different).

Alexis also wasn’t convicted of the attempted murder charge. It was dropped and she only pled guilt to assault. Now they reason it was dismissed was dumb (someone else later murdered Franco) but Alexis and Shawn weren’t sentenced for the same crime. 

• Love 2

Michael grows more and more scummy. The hypocrisy of being mad at Jax (Nina has a choice but you took my my choice away from me.") and throwing his "good" period of taking care of Michael and Morgan in his face.

Nina and Mike's jokes "keep it on a simmer" are even more revolting than their kisses.

Maxie should have told Britt where her baby is. Just in case Brook Lynn doesn't want to give her back.

LOL at Liesl saying that she could have got away with killing Peter with some good planning.

I hate those rooms that destroy things,  it's such a waste. I've been looking for a typewriter like the one that Liesl smashed for things I can't print.

In today's Fake Science, did Chase have that reaction because it's really Gregory who is Chase's father?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

OMG, Nina really has to stop and think about whether she wants to go back to Port Charles to see her grandson or stay in Nixon Falls and have a grossly wrong relationship with Mike? She's too stupid to live.

Ugh, Michael is still whining about being "blackmailed." It has to be in quotes because it's barely a threat. Michael loses nothing if Chase finds out. 

LOL at Jackie standing in front of a wall to talk on her phone. They can't put her in a room?

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So a couple of thoughts: 

sean: your skin color didn’t set you up for this life. You did that when you decided to get in bed with Sonny Corinthos. You could have been/done anything you wanted. You ran Kelly’s. You were setting a good example for TJ. Then you just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try and kill someone. I’m not dismissing the injustices but he is not an innocent man.

Question: what was with the photo of Nik and Ava? Judging from the ominous music and the preview, I guess it’s supposed to be bad. But I can’t figure out what it signifies?

Great points, especially Stella. I mean, to the writers - "we saw this story with Jordan" and I thought she was to have gotten the point. I'm hoping they toke it up to her being scared for him as he lays in a hospital bed. Maybe go pull a Cam and chastise his would be murder.  Not the woman he's into, which is what her Spidey sense is picking up.

As far as Sean goes, He should know he's there because of him and nothing else, however, he's being kept there because of privilege and his sentence could be a product of injustice. I would say no because what the show will try and do is say he and Alexis have similar issues but Alexis is a lawyer. I mean it's tough to fall back on that though if you look at her whole history including suspicious murders of former lovers surrounding her possible involvement ( yes multiple. one she did kill right? ) , a relationship and child with a mobster, same mobster Sean allegedly worked for.... and so on. Where I cannot roll with the brotha ( I can say this ) is .. HE PUT HIMSELF IN??? after that you lose me.  Still the show will spin equality and if it's to support a shinned light on equality and injustice then, as GH does this well, shine on, I'm here for it!.  I personally feel a better story line to support the effort would be a rouge cop and TJ, but, I'm not currently a show writer. lol.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

This irked me so much. Sean is no victim of racial discrimination. I rolled my eyes at him feeling sorry for myself.

Hated everything about today except Finn and Elizabeth working together,  Dante having more sense than Nik and Ava together, Britt scolding her mother for her sweeping trash talk about the staff at GH, and JW did a great job acting that seizure/collapse in response to Finn's cure.  That's the first time Michael looks genuinely horrified at what Chase has been going through. My reaction to Willow's horror/tears: You should feel like one guilty bitch.

Michael was such a pathetic, whiny man baby to Jax.  Umm Michael, you've never been there for Jax and the Corinthos family has never had his back, so the "who's going to be there for you?" line was hardly a burn.

I don't get why in the world Anna would ever trust to be alone with Dr. Leisl Obrecht when the psycho is holding a crow bar. So now she is being used to further Obrecht's redemption? Big fat NO to them being friendly since Obrecht has never apologized to Anna for what she did to Robin, or for nearly killing Robert. i call major bullshit on Obrecht in the role of encourager/ understanding ally to Anna and Anna thanking her. I guess those scenes were supposed to be funny/creative, but not to this viewer.  Anna also should have picked up on something being very off with Maxie, but chalks it up to mother's guilt. She knows that Maxie was talking about coming up with a plan to keep baby Louise safe.

Also, Maxie, Louise is not one of Peter's victims.  Ugh.  I don't understand why she stopped short of telling Britt the truth. 

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maxie should have told Britt where her baby is. Just in case Brook Lynn doesn't want to give her back

In today's Fake Science, did Chase have that reaction because it's really Gregory who is Chase's father?

I thought, and wondered, the same thing.

• Love 6
(edited)

So, either Finn was wrong about the cure or he's not Chase's dad. I'm assuming the latter, which makes me wonder why we bothered w/that arc in the first place. Chase's anger didn't even last that long, so none of it really mattered. 

Y'all know I hate Michael, and I don't care that Jax blackmailed him but was Jax serious?!?!?! He had the nerve to say, "We're still family." Umm . . .  you don't blackmail someone and then expect them to still be friendly w/you and see you as "family."  Granted, I don't think Jax/Michael had a relationship in the first place (at least not one I recall seeing in recent years), but Jax shouldn't be shocked. You blackmailed him. Of course he doesn't want anything to do w/you. 

I wonder why Nikolas didn't think of Spencer. I'm sure he's the one behind all this, and you'd think the trophy lock would have made him suspicious. 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I love that Dante brought up Nik's idiotic part in the pier hostage stuff. Too many civilians in Port Charles think they can do better than the PCPD. (It is a pretty close race as to who's more inept.)

The rage room looks like it's in the GH basement. This show isn't even trying. I feel sorry for the crew who had to clean that mess up.

Sonny with a tote bag?

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Michael is still whining about being "blackmailed." It has to be in quotes because it's barely a threat. Michael loses nothing if Chase finds out. 

And Chase WILL have to eventually find out, so that the Love To Boring To Speak Of can continue.  But Michael actually thinks finding out now will kill Chase.  Which, way to think so highly of yourself, aka pulling a  Corinthos.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

aven't been watching too much so I missed what happened to Peter's body.  Is it still in the stairwell or did Finn move it?

Based on something Liz and Finn said, they moved and disposed of the body, though none of that happened on screen.  

• Love 1

At this point, the only thing the writers can do to redeem Willow is have her realize she is still in love with Chase but deep down knew how Michael felt and subconsciously convinced herself she felt the same out of fear of losing her connection to Wiley. She had felt she had to choose between Chase and Wiley and so she chose Wiley, but is realizing exactly what that means and is becoming aware she is going to resent Michael. There is no need to redeem Chase because he's always been great. There is no redeeming Michael.

I hated the color of Ava's top, but she still always manages to look nothing short of fabulous.

Don't need Sonny/Mike.

And finally, shut up, Carly. Her not being in the episode doesn't change the fact that that's just good advice.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
43 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

they moved and disposed of the body

Like the scene in Airplane, where they distract the passengers, getting them to look out the windows while they drag the unconscious crew members down the aisle.  

Tiny Finn and Liz, hauling Peetah's body out of the stairwell to stash him somewhere.  Then they went back and mopped up the blood.

• Love 1

Since I tend to listen to the show while playing games on my phone, looking up if a scene sounds interesting, rather than specifically watch it, I was amused by Mike today. Am I the only one who thought his attempts at sounding romantic and sexy ended made him sound more like a dirty old man? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Sonny always sounds threatening to me, rather than loving.

Like when he calls Kristina "sweetheart," it comes across to more like "you will accept my attempt at paternal affection" instead of "you're my dear daughter."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Like the scene in Airplane, where they distract the passengers, getting them to look out the windows while they drag the unconscious crew members down the aisle.  

Tiny Finn and Liz, hauling Peetah's body out of the stairwell to stash him somewhere.  Then they went back and mopped up the blood.

And how far could they have hauled him? And don't dead bodies start to stink after a day or so?

Violet Reaction GIF by Murdoch Mysteries

(edited)
4 hours ago, lala2 said:

So, either Finn was wrong about the cure or he's not Chase's dad. I'm assuming the latter, which makes me wonder why we bothered w/that arc in the first place. Chase's anger didn't even last that long, so none of it mattered.

It happened because of *this* story right here that we are currently watching! 

(A) The only reason Chase got the toxin is because of the table twirl they did from the game of when Chase was younger. The only reason that happened is because they were trying to end an awkward night on a happy note, and using a memory that could connect the whole family. And the only reason they were all together is because Finn agreed to have dinner finally with the whole family because of all that had been revealed to make things right with Chase.

None of that would have happened without the 'Chase is Finn's son' storyline. 

(B) Yes, Finn would have fought to find the cure, but there generally is extra impetus to save your child over your sibling... especially when it's a child you essentially abandoned and never fought to learn about even before it was born. And then years later upended his life because you just had to know the truth. Finn had a shit-ton to make up for.

If Chase were just his brother none of that heightened emotion would have been in place. It's very unlikely that Finn would have gotten to the point where he yelled at Anna the way he did and then pushed Peter down the stairs, killing him. That's not Finn.

The entire 'Chase as his son' was all about laying the groundwork for how THIS story is playing out. And if, as many of us are suspecting, the antidote isn't working because Finn isn't his father, then this is one of the final beats. It has all been planned and, frankly, really well.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 4

So maybe it wasn't the cure that caused the seizure for Chase but the fact that Michael and Willow were standing next to each other.

So Nina has a jar of "Mike" tomato sauce. Who will mistakenly pick it up and taste it and realize that it was made by Sonny.

Maxie is so stupid. She should have told Britt has about giving her baby to BLQ. She still should be examined by a doctor to lend credibility that she recently gave birth and Britt could help with that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Michael's faux outrage over how far Jax "might have" taken his "blackmail"  ummm, maybe if you hadn't been a momma's boy and a jerk about Nina saying one inappropriate thing to Wiley, and agreed to give her another chance, blackmail wouldn't have been needed. 

I just can't imagine who's cheering the character on, while he is a jerk to his former stepdad, and a bad friend to Chase. 

• Love 9
(edited)
32 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So Nina has a jar of "Mike" tomato sauce. Who will mistakenly pick it up and taste it and realize that it was made by Sonny.

I'm assuming Nina will give it Olivia when she visits Wiley and Olivia will instantly recognize it as the gravy she taught Sonny to make when they were kids that dates back to her great-great-grandma in Sicily.  She'll know it by the secret recipe ingredient of sardine oil and crushed up dates.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13

Didn't Trina love the sauce? She'll give it to Trina for some reason, and Joss will eat it and rush to find Sonny right after disowning Jax for his (admittedly ridiculous) blackmailing of Michael.

I can't believe they're actually having Nina fall for "Mike." How pathetic.

• Love 2

I thought only Jackie got swabbed for DNA.

The Chekhov sauce is bound to serve its purpose at some point.

Nothing like having spectators who are lying to your face as you are bleeding from the nose and having a violent seizure.

So Chase in a coma after this?

• Love 1