Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Much as I want to get rid of LWB, all they would have to do is say "mind control" by Helena (doesn't matter if she's dead or alive), Peter becomes the victim, and he's okay to go on with his life with Maxie.

All they need is a click-y pen.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Zander definitely knew about Cam. Ric bargained with him to sign over his rights to the child to him. I think Zander even signed the papers. Cam was acting like he would've had a father figure if he had lived, but it didn't play that way back then, I think Liz wanted Zander out of the picture.

Also, Liz didn't get pregnant when Emily was out of town. That was the FIRST time Zander and Liz hooked up, but the second Emily was definitely in town. Cam's conception happened because Zander saw Emily having sex with Nikolas in his home, and then ran into Liz who was on the outs with Ric.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I didn't get something about the Alexis scene but maybe I misheard.  It sounded like the girls were telling her that if she pleaded not guilty they would prob find her guilty but not give her jail. But if she pleads guilty and admits to being an alcoholic that wants help, they will send her to Pentonville with no help.   What am I missing?

That’s what they said but it isn’t true. They aren’t going to be more lenient on her sentence if she pleads not guilty and loses. The opposite is more likely. Kristina’s argument that they would understand is a reach because Alexis was right. Her alcoholism doesn’t justify her actions and it was premeditated. The best she could hope to do is some kind of plea deal, which might not be on the table and may still include jail time. She also doesn’t seem to want to be found innocent. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Much as I want to get rid of LWB, all they would have to do is say "mind control" by Helena (doesn't matter if she's dead or alive), Peter becomes the victim, and he's okay to go on with his life with Maxie.

Or they can always give him a tumor.  If we must have another mind control victim, I'd rather they bring back one of the characters they should never have killed off like Georgie or Emily (hopefully played by another actress). 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

How was Ric ever a father figure to Cameron? He was with Liz when she got pregnant with him, but they were long over before Cameron was even born. Years later when Liz and Ric were together again, Liz was never really all that into him - I think there was a triangle with Nik and then Drew came along - and they weren't together that long.

Why BS? Are you insinuating Zander would be in hell and that's why he wouldn't be watching over Cameron? This was Cameron's fantasy. No matter how mad at Zander he was in their scenes, he wouldn't be imagining his biological father in hell.

Liz got back together with Ric twice, when Cam was a tween. I remember Ric saying hello to him and Cam's response was hey, mom told me you were back in town.  She was dating Ric at the time he got "killed at the police station" and then they got together again at Christmas, when he appeared on her doorstep very much alive at the moment she was about to kiss Jakeson. Elizabeth slept with Ric, made references to herself and Ric spending time with the boys during the Christmas holiday, etc. I think after the breakup she told Cam that he and Ric would "still be friends."

Cam never knew his biological father Zander, so his father definitely wouldn't have awareness that Elizabeth went on to have two more sons. Also since Zander has been a non-entity to Cam all his life, I don't believe he would be thinking of "my father watching me with my brothers from Heaven."  Cam thinks Zander didn't try to survive to be a father to him, that he was a loser who got killed by the police - that doesn't sound like a kid who believes "my father is in Heaven."

1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

This. And Liz even had Cam off screen. By that time, Ric and Alexis were getting serious. Ric may have WANTED to be a "father figure" to Cam when he was with Liz, but the reality of the situation is, he never was.

I wasn't talking about when Cam was a baby or toddler. Liz wanted her boys to spend time with Ric, i.e. being together as a family, during the two times she dated Ric when Cam was a kid, prior to the SORAS-ing. Then she dumped Ric when she found out about his deal with Hayden.  Cam felt some attachment to Ric, at which point Elizabeth assured him that Ric could still be in his life.

Edited by Bringonthedrama

IIRC, being drunk has been successfully used as a defence for not being aware of what you were doing at the time. Alexis may get a light sentence if she pleads not guilty but if she feels that it will hurt her sobriety if she doesn't take responsibility for what she did, it will.  

Of course, other characters on the show do worse things, like shooting a son in the chest, and are never punished for them but that's Mob Hospital for you.

Sam's "you won't have a support system in jail" is off the charts again.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

My interpretation was that Cam feels like a loser because again, he doesn't have a "whole" family.  I put that on Elizabeth, because she has repeatedly spoken to Franco, in general, and with her sons, about how Franco made their family complete....that they weren't a family without him.  It's sad to me that she doesn't think of herself and the boys as a complete family unit since she was parenting them long before she ever met Franco.

Cam has lost too many people in his short life. He's angry that Zander committed suicide by cop and didn't try to live so that he could be a father to Cameron. That makes him a loser right there in terms of father/son. In his life, Oscar died, Dev died, Drew died, Ric and Lucky left town and now Franco has died. Cameron's also at the age when he wants a stable father figure to help him figure out how to become a man. Cameron sees Joss with both her parents still alive even if her stepfather is dead, and Trina with both her parents alive too. He got into Stanford but I'm pretty sure that he's going to go to PCU so that he can help Liz with the younger kids, sacrificing what he wants for his brothers. A loser.

Some women are willing to go it alone but they'd really rather have a man in their lives that they can count on as well as not to be alone, the way Liz wanted Ric to be. I don't blame Liz for being happy that Franco was in their lives; he helped Jake overcome his trauma, he supported Aiden's baking when he was being bullied for it and he sacrificed himself for Cameron in the memory transfer. Not to mention, he never cheated on her. I can understand why Liz was happy to have Franco in her family unit and felt that he completed it since she had a man in her life again. He also brought in Scott who gave her sons a second grandfather since her dad and Luke are MIA.

• Love 11

Half the town was guarding Maxie's hospital room so Peter couldn't get in, but I guess they're all well and good with Maxie hanging out at home alone, with no guard, and not even a change of locks. Gee, do you think a crazed murderer who is obsessed with her and who's baby she is carrying might drop by?!

Ugh, I don't want Valentin bogged down with a baybay story line!

I wonder why they had WL cut his hair if they were just going to kill Franco a day later. If I was WL, I would be pissed! (Unless he wanted to do it and/or did it for another role.) 

Add me to those who would like to see JJ act with WL ...but with both of them being such proficient criers, can you imagine the waterworks that would ensue! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Valentin continues to be the best part of any episode he's in for me.  The 'sugar, sugar' was delivered perfectly by JPS to really convey that Valentin and Alexis have formed an honest-to-god friendship, with no judgments and no agendas.  I couldn't like it more if it came with a tray of baked ziti (tm Olivia).

I also love that Valentin couldn't give a fig less at the way the three brats sneer at him.  Sam giving him a dirty look as she left as if that would intimidate him.  Please, girl.

Valentin and Alexis have a bond because they were both grew up on Cassidine island.  Helena despised Alexis because she was Mikkos and Kirsten's daughter.  Alexis was 6 years old when she watched Helena slit her mother's throat.  Mikkos then brought Alexis to live in a house on the island.  Helena made it her mission to terrorize little Alexis on a daily basis. Can you imagine what she went through? She must have gone to bed every night praying that Helena would let her live for another day.  It's no wonder that she drinks.

Valentin was a result of an affair Helena had.  He was born with severe physical deformities.  Helena wanted to torture Mikkos (and cover up the affair) so she passed Valentin off as Mikkos' illegitimate son.  She knew Mikkos would be ashamed to claim a handicapped son and the "reality" of this would be torture for him.  Mikkos brought Valentine to live in a house on the other side of the island so he would be out of sight. 

Alexis and Valentin did not meet until he showed up in Port Charles, however, they are like war buddies.  The war they fought was surviving Helena and the other Cassidines.  They share the same experiences and understand each other in a way that no one else can. 

The writers have touched on this with their "misery poker" game but there is so much material to explore. I would love to see Valentine walk in on Sam, Kristina and Molly yelling at Alexis and give them the smack down that they have deserved for years. Valentine could tell them everything that Alexis survived growing up.  Alexis has shared some of her childhood memories with her girls but Valentine could enlighten them about how unspeakably horrific growing up Cassidine was for him and their mother.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

I always a appreciate a Davis Girls scene. I know individually the younger ones may annoy me but when they are together with NLG they have screen magic. They all look so much alike I totally buy them as mother and daughters. I also like that Valentin was mixed in. JPS is such a great actor. He drops in scenes like yesterday with Nina & Ava & today with the Davis family and makes them so much better. I’m not really sure who I want him with though. He’s okay with CW but it’s not fireworks 24/7. I don’t see him with returning Brook Lynn but I did see him with replacement Brook Lynn & they had chemistry. Missed opportunity.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Or they can always give him a tumor.  If we must have another mind control victim, I'd rather they bring back one of the characters they should never have killed off like Georgie or Emily (hopefully played by another actress). 

Every single time they mention Georgie I get angry again about her being dead dead.

• Love 7
On 3/15/2021 at 8:55 PM, nilyank said:

Arrgh. Curse you contractions. I always think that I type them in and then I DON"T.

Does that make them braxton (or bracket) hicks contractions?

Edited by bybrandy
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Franco made a snide remark about not wanting Cam, in a conversation with Scott.

I thought he was joking.  

Cam was "all in" with Franco as of the time Franco saved him from Shiloh's brain experiment.  Just about any kid would turn around their attitude after that.

No. The kidnapping/brain experiment was some time after the formal Friz wedding, when he sang a song for them and stood there with the other two boys and called Franco "our dad." He's been over his anti-Franco attitude (which I thought was pretty typical soap teen stuff) for a long time. That doesn't mean every viewer had to go along with him in embracing Franco, but that's the story they told. It wasn't about gratitude for Franco saving him from Shiloh. 

Other topic: I wish they'd bring Chad Brannon back for good, even if he were playing a different character. Time has been kind to him.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, ffwbe said:

That’s what they said but it isn’t true. They aren’t going to be more lenient on her sentence if she pleads not guilty and loses. The opposite is more likely.

That what I thought, so stupid. Sounds Like Molly has be sleeping during her law school lectures.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sam's "you won't have a support system in jail" is off the charts again.

What's so off the charts about that? Alexis won't have a support system when she's in jail. And it's not like Sam wouldn't know since she had a stint at Pentonville for Shiloh's murder.

Alexis is an alcoholic. She needs help that she won't get in Pentonville. She's hanging on by a thread with the AA meetings she's going to and the support system she has in place right now. What's it going to be like when she's locked up in a cell, bunking with someone she doesn't know? Can't stand?

She'll probably end up bunking with Heather or something. That's enough to drive anyone to kill themselves.

• Love 4

Saw yesterday's episode this morning.  Zander was before my time but I liked the actor in this episode. Also he's better looking than a number of the guys currently on. If RH is coming back as someone new, get this guy back on the show however way they can. WL keeps doing a great job it wouldn't surprise  me if he leaves by the end of the year. 

I don't care what Gladys is up too as long as she's taking shots at Carly she can stay.

The Valentin/Alexis friendship is one of the best on the show and Alexis' girls need to accept it. 

Something is going to happen with Brook and Maxi's babies because soap law says two pregnant women at once must have a switch.  Peter once again referred to their family to Maxi as him/her/James/the baby leaving Georgie out. That alone should be enough to turn Maxi off. Just because Georgie's father is alive and a dipshit doesn't mean she's not part of that family.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Saw yesterday's episode this morning.  Zander was before my time but I liked the actor in this episode. Also he's better looking than a number of the guys currently on. If RH is coming back as someone new, get this guy back on the show however way they can.

Chad Brannon has aged really well in the last 17 years. Except for the touch of gray (which looks good on him), it's hardly noticeable. His performance was good too. It reminded me why I liked him way back. Zander often got bad writing that encouraged Brannon to go over the top, and raging wasn't his strong suit. I liked this more mature, subdued Zander. But of course, that's how they always write the "beyond the grave" people. Even Sonny's sister wasn't that annoying in her one-day angelic appearance to counsel Spencer, which was similar to this. (But I'd rather be watching William Lipton and Chad Brannon than watching Nicolas Bechtel and Alicia Leigh Willis.) 

I hope he gets a good response and they ask him back.

• Love 11

When he first came on I hated that he was basically brought in to be Emily's love interest and another wayward teen to go down the mafia path with Sonny. I wanted him to be Sly, Lucky's cousin. If they could bring him back I would want him to be Sly still or maybe even Lucky. He is needed back on the show. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

To be fair, Alexis asked Molly to explain how the law works to Sam and Kristina.

Molly was just repeating what she told Alexis right after Alexis told them she was going to plead guilty.

And yes, soap, soap, soap, but Alexis' asking Molly to give her "legal opinion" to her sisters, just made me cringe. Because Molly isn't a lawyer, and so she can't "give" a legal opinion until she is one. And that Kristina wouldn't know, growing up with Alexis? Please. And Sam being around Teflon Jaysus? Again. Please. (sarcasm directed at show, not you, @Bringonthedrama)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:
What's so off the charts about that? Alexis won't have a support system when she's in jail.

I said that because other than Valentin, Alexis had no support system in Port Charles. Her daughters and Diane harangued her to go to AA but offered no real support, Jax was too wrapped up in Nina to care that his former best friend was drinking, Finn with Anna, and Ned avoided her because of his own infidelity.

No one thought to tie her drinking to Neil's death and the loss of her self-identity when she was disbarred, and get her individual treatment.  It was all "Go to rehab so you're not my problem anymore." And then there was Tracy trying to gaslight her.

This is a soap and Pentonville is whatever they choose to make it but jails around where I live have treatment programs (the farm program  was a very effective one until it was cancelled but they still have dog raising). They probably also have AA and NA.

At any rate, except for Valentin, Alexis couldn't have any less social support than she had in Port Charles.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Alexis and Valentin did not meet until he showed up in Port Charles, however, they are like war buddies.  The war they fought was surviving Helena and the other Cassidines.  They share the same experiences and understand each other in a way that no one else can. 

Yes!  

Re: Zander.  A lot of his story happened when I was on an extended hiatus from the show (I think it lasted 5 years!), but I did enjoy the scenes yesterday.  Given all that Cam has gone thru I could see where he would feel abandoned by Zander.  And, as has been said, Chad Bannon looks really good!

I also hate to admit it, but I kind of enjoyed the Michael/Brooklyn scenes yesterday.  Not sure how Brooklyn is going to hide the fact from Valentin that he's the father (as Michael noted "he can do math"), but I'm interested to see how it plays out.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

No. The kidnapping/brain experiment was some time after the formal Friz wedding, when he sang a song for them and stood there with the other two boys and called Franco "our dad." He's been over his anti-Franco attitude (which I thought was pretty typical soap teen stuff) for a long time. That doesn't mean every viewer had to go along with him in embracing Franco, but that's the story they told. It wasn't about gratitude for Franco saving him from Shiloh. 

Yup! By the time, Franco took Cameron's place in Shiloh's crazy experiment, Cameron already liked Franco and had accepted him as their "dad." That's why he was so upset when the experiment was done on Franco. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Peter once again referred to their family to Maxi as him/her/James/the baby leaving Georgie out. That alone should be enough to turn Maxi off. Just because Georgie's father is alive and a dipshit doesn't mean she's not part of that family.

Maxie once said that James was the light of her life and said nothing about Georgie. The other day in the hospital Peter said he would want to take Georgie with him but Spinelli had custody and wouldn't let them. He's a nut job but here he is just taking cues after Maxie.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Yup! By the time, Franco took Cameron's place in Shiloh's crazy experiment, Cameron already liked Franco and had accepted him as their "dad." That's why he was so upset when the experiment was done on Franco. 

Then the accusation Cam lobbed at Ghost!Zander about "where were YOU when I got arrested and had to do community service..." blahblahblah, when he'd already accepted Franco as his father figure at that point? He wasn't alone then. It all probably sounded great on paper, but when you look at the whole, and Cam's life and who was in it...it mostly breaks apart and left me, at least, scratching my head, and yelling, that's a lie!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

@GHScorpiosRule  - LOL! You're right! They just wanted to write some big speech for Cameron. It would have made more sense for him to be yelling at Lucky than Zander, but Lucky's not dead and the actor probably won't come back! 

Yeah, more's the pity. I don't have enough words to express my rage when the hacks wrote that Lucky was in this "dark place" just like Luke, and he had to leave his family. BAH!

It's unfortunate that Jonathan doesn't want to return for periodic stints like Kimberly does (or did pre-pandemic), but that's water under the bridge since they've decimated this character. Someone who absolutely would show up after his baby sister was in a coma. But I'll shut up now, because there's no point in venting my spleen.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm not sure why all the hostility towards the Coven today.

For me it's because they run hot and cold with Alexis, and when they run cold, they are really, really rude and unsupportive. Stay away if you can't be helpful. Haranguing her to go to rehab isn't going to help. Alexis has to want to go to rehab. She seems to be on that path, but I wish we heard that she was going to a meeting at least once a day, if not more often. If she's that fragile, one meeting a week (or whatever the frequency is) isn't going to do squat.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Liz got back together with Ric twice, when Cam was a tween. I remember Ric saying hello to him and Cam's response was hey, mom told me you were back in town.  She was dating Ric at the time he got "killed at the police station" and then they got together again at Christmas, when he appeared on her doorstep very much alive at the moment she was about to kiss Jakeson. Elizabeth slept with Ric, made references to herself and Ric spending time with the boys during the Christmas holiday, etc. I think after the breakup she told Cam that he and Ric would "still be friends."

Cam never knew his biological father Zander, so his father definitely wouldn't have awareness that Elizabeth went on to have two more sons. Also since Zander has been a non-entity to Cam all his life, I don't believe he would be thinking of "my father watching me with my brothers from Heaven."  Cam thinks Zander didn't try to survive to be a father to him, that he was a loser who got killed by the police - that doesn't sound like a kid who believes "my father is in Heaven."

Ric and Liz didn't date very long when Cameron was a kid and I don't believe we ever saw him that much with him or the other boys back then. Ric was not more of a father figure than Drew or Franco, who we actually saw as a family unit on-screen.

Does Cameron strike you as the type of kid who'd want to imagine his biological father in hell, no matter how much of a loser he'd heard he was? This was Cameron's fantasy, so yes, I don't think it's a stretch to think he'd want to imagine his father watching over him in whatever form of after life. He certainly thought about Zander enough to talk about him previously with Trina and he was definitely curious enough about him to look him up and find out what happened. So he's not someone that Cameron never thinks about.

52 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Then the accusation Cam lobbed at Ghost!Zander about "where were YOU when I got arrested and had to do community service..." blahblahblah, when he'd already accepted Franco as his father figure at that point? He wasn't alone then. It all probably sounded great on paper, but when you look at the whole, and Cam's life and who was in it...it mostly breaks apart and left me, at least, scratching my head, and yelling, that's a lie!

I'd have to watch the scenes again, but when he was complaining about Zander not being there when he was arrested and other sorts of things, he was lashing out at ghost!Zander for only showing up now and trying to dispense fatherly advice. It wasn't about being alone his entire life.

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For me it's because they run hot and cold with Alexis, and when they run cold, they are really, really rude and unsupportive. Stay away if you can't be helpful. Haranguing her to go to rehab isn't going to help.

People run hot and cold with their loved ones in the best of times. And any sane person who sees their loved one spiraling into addiction will try to get them into rehab, even if intellectually they know, it has to be the person's choice. And, I guarantee, if they had simply stayed away they would have still gotten flack here because they didn't care enough and were ignoring their mother.

• Love 1

My problem with the Davis girls is that they seemed to want Alexis to go to rehab so that she's not an embarassment for them rather than for Alexis'. Sure, Molly cleaned out the liquor bottles from Alexis' house but not one of them sat down with her, as Valentin did, and tried to help her process all the bad things in her life that led to her falling off and staying off the wagon (Neil's death, the loss of her ability to practise law, Julian's treatment of her and later his death plus all the childhood problems).

Sam could have helped by giving Alexis a senior position at Aurora to give her back a sense of purpose because she's run her own practice for years. Instead she harangued Alexis to get sober, lied to her and kept Alexis from seeing Danny and Scout in supervised visits. Being able to spend time with her grandchildren is something that actually could have helped Alexis want to be sober . Alexis was sober when she thought that she would be able to see Danny and Scout and only started drinking that evening when she found out that Sam had lied to her about being able to them.   The only thing that Sam did that helped Alexis is find out that Tracy was lying and it took Olivia to get her to do that. Sam was only to happy to believe that Tracy over Alexis. 

Alexis was drinking because she felt that her life was hopeless. She had finally found a healthy relationship and he died of a drug overdose in her bed (which was never explained). She had sacrificed her profession to be with him so there was nothing that she could see for herself professionally. I don't remember any of that being addressed by Diane and the girls. Except for Valentin, Alexis was unsupported by her family and friends in any way that would actually have helped her.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

It was good to see CB again, but it just made me mad and sad that his character had to be sacrificed on the altar of Emily/Nic, and that he was gunned down as a cop killer because Courtney wouldn't fess up to shooting Officer Brian to save Jason.

I thought there were lots of good interactions yesterday (Valentin and the Coven, Brooke and Michael) but honestly, if Maxie doesn't change the locks pronto I'm gonna go nuts. She should move into Ava's building (the one that has security camera's on every entrance). 

• Love 12

Cameron was in community service for attempting to buy pot to help Oscar, and at that point (2018) he was still cooler to Franco than the other two boys were. So a large portion of his community service period -- which seemed to go on endlessly -- does track with what he said, I guess.

But I think they were just going for emotion, loss, and lashing out, rather than reason. I liked those scenes, but it would have been nice if we'd ever seen a scene between Liz and any of the Cameron actors in which he asks about his father and she talks to him. Especially as the other two sons have biological fathers who were/are bigger presences in Liz's life. They've been around at least some

• Love 6

I had posted that they changed Jake to a new one, but then I realized that it is still Hudson West, but a much taller, voice changing, lost his pudgy baby fat Jake.  

Liz's hair is on point.

Can Nina just leave town when she has a magazine to run?  Or will there just not be an issue of Crimson in the stores next month?!!

I love Ava.  

With all of Carly's wailing I had put money down on Jarly grief sex within the next week or so, but with Jordan arriving to arrest Jason, I guess that will have to wait a week or so.  So Jason is getting arrested for the one crime that he hasn't done, despite the lack of ANY evidence but Peter gets to walk around free, despite the ton of evidence.  Okay.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 9

I still cannot believe they killed off Franco, esp. since Roger is returning to the show. It will never make any sense to me. I loved Franco, and even though I love RoHo, I am really not interested in seeing him be anyone other than Franco on this show. They better have something spectacular planned! They gutted a perfectly happy, beautiful family with TONS (in my opinion at least) story potential for an unknown. This "unknown" better be freaking good. It needs be out of this world good! IMO, of course!! I loved the Friz montage. I wonder when I will get over the shock that they killed him! LOL! 

Jake is so tall! Now, if they show Jake and what's the other one . . . Danny . . . together, it won't look so awkward . . . . . . unless Danny has also sprouted up! Last time I saw Danny, he looked way older than Jake. All the boys were cute. I do like Liz and her boys. I hope she finds some lasting happiness soon! 

It would be nice to see Tolly once in a while. 

I have no sympathy for Carly. I muted her coffee rantings. My lack of sympathy is a combination of Sonny not actually being dead so all her grief is for a naught AND a time suck, and Carly just being an awful person. LW really must have a contract that says she has to be featured AT LEAST four times a week. We didn't need today's scenes. She's grieiving Sonny. Yeah . . . I assume she still is. He only "died" a month or so ago. I don't need to see it! 

At least Josslyn recognized she put her foot in the mouth w/Nina. Just don't say anything to her except, "I'm so sorry for your loss. How are you doing?"

Peter . . . . . I never liked him, but now I cannot stand the sight of him. If he doesn't die already . . . . . . I'm gonna scream. I don't think WR is a bad actor, but TR was right. This was not the right role for WR. I don't know if he's trying to be menacing, but whatever it is, it doesn't work. I just don't buy it. He is more annoying than interesting.   

Edited by lala2
  • Love 12

I get that Franco was a polarizing character but it took away the effect of having a memorial for him for those viewers who liked Friz by having Carly take over almost half the episode yelling about losing Sonny. One of those characters is permanently gone and it's not Sonny, unfortunately.

Not to mention Carly has Jax and Jason and Michael and her extended family to help her while Liz has no one other than Scott and "No Liz, it couldn't be Jason" Laura.

And because it can't be said too often "Shut up, Joss."  She has no sense of empathy at all. Carly is a toxic parent.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

But I think they were just going for emotion, loss, and lashing out, rather than reason. I liked those scenes, but it would have been nice if we'd ever seen a scene between Liz and any of the Cameron actors in which he asks about his father and she talks to him. Especially as the other two sons have biological fathers who were/are bigger presences in Liz's life. They've been around at least some

I can understand why Cameron would be angry at his birth father now even if he didn't ask about him when he was younger.  Earlier Cameron shared the father figures of his younger siblings, mostly Lucky and I guess Jason to some extent and Zander was just a name that probably Liz never brought up.  Even when Drew died Cameron still had Franco. Now the loss is just too great. Look at Carly, an adult yelling at Sonny for  abandoning her by accidentally dying. Zander chose not to live and father Cameron, there is no greater betrayal than that and for Cameron, it's just too much.

• Love 10

I know that Jonathan Jackson is currently in Ireland doing missionary work and church planting, which I think is absolutely wonderful, but I selfishly wish that he would come back to the states and GH sooner rather than later. I'd much rather see him with Liz and the boys than whoever they are going to saddle her with next. I'd like to see how he plays against nuNik. And he's always been fantastic with GF.

Peter needs to be killed off yesterday. I don't care who does it. Robert and Mac can do it to protect Maxie. Jason can do it for all the mind stuff. Heck, Aiden can do it because he killed Franco. I really don't care at this point. But he needs to go.

Oh and Carly and Joss saying they can't stand going to the funeral and hearing people say nice things about Franco was so obnoxious. Absolutely, lets bag on Franco who did have a medical excuse for his misdeeds and hadn't killed anyone since his tumor was removed, but wax poetic about Sonny who was killing right up to the day he "died". Do eff off with that ridiculousness, writers.

Oh, and Sam and Dante just isn't working for me. It came out of nowhere and has zero appeal. He had amazing chemistry with JMB's Lulu and decent enough chemistry with ER's Lily to make it believable. I'm feeling nothing between him and Sam except something forced.

• Love 17

Carly is a rabid dog.

Sam and Dante continue to be boring and snoozy.  It's just alittle too much and all at once for me to buy this.

Jake is so big now.  The kid can still act though. 

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 3/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, Pingaponga said:

Why is Maxie getting rid of all of Peter's clothes? He didn't die, 

He’s dead to HER! 😃 I was pretty amused by how quickly so many people showed up, boxes at the ready. No way were they giving her a second to change her mind.

On 3/16/2021 at 10:58 AM, statsgirl said:

Finn needed 4 years of college, 4 of medical school and 3 of residency to specialize in internal medicine, and then a residency in infectious diseases on top of that. I think Jackie said that the people she profiled were in their last year of residency so late 20s at the youngest. There's a good chance that he was older than she was.

In the real world, sure, but this is GH we’re talking about. The place where cops become detectives after 2 weeks on the force and reporters are hatched overnight. Kiki needed, what, two months of candystriping and an anatomy class to become a doctor? Finn could have received his MD by completing a Boy Scout badge for all we know.

23 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

The look on her face when he said he was keeping the key, made me think she's never heard of a locksmith.  Ok, she was just released from the hospital and thougth getting rid of his clothes was the first thing she should do, but now, CALL THE LOCKSMITH!!

Even better was the smug look on Snidely Whiplash’s face. “You can’t keep me out! I have my keeey!” I want to see the follow-up scene where he tries to use his key on the new lock and his face twists in hammy rage: “Curses! Foiled again!!”

22 hours ago, Blackie said:

I think "GH - The Dead" would almost be a better show, at least we wouldn't have Sonny because he isn't really dead.

But we would have Umily, and Morgan, and Courtney, and... <shudder> that’s enough.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Sam pretending to care about Drew is laughable.

22 minutes ago, lala2 said:

At least Josslyn recognized she put her foot in the mouth w/Nina. Just don't say anything to her except, "I'm so sorry for your loss. How are you doing?"

Her mortification over it with Trina was pretty funny.

When Liesl was telling Nina about helping Nelle deliver Wiley, all I could think was, "That alone should have put you in jail!" A world without Wiley would be so much more bearable.

Ugh, the pacing on Sonny's "death" is agonizingly slow. I'm glad the focus is elsewhere for the moment, but that just drags out this stupid story even more. If Carly is so upset about not having a body, why don't they do one last check to see if one has been found?

27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"No Liz, it couldn't be Jason" Laura

I think Elizabeth knows, deep down, that Jason didn't kill Franco, but she needs someone to blame, and Jason can take it. Jordan, however is a complete idiot, as we've discussed before.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I still cannot believe they killed off Franco, esp. since Roger is returning to the show. It will never make any sense to me. I loved Franco, and even though I love RoHo, I am really not interested in seeing him be anyone other than Franco on this show. They better have something spectacular planned! They gutted a perfectly happy, beautiful family with TONS (in my opinion at least) story potential for an unknown. This "unknown" better be freaking good. It needs be out of this world good! IMO, of course!! I loved the Friz montage. I wonder when I will get over the shock that they killed him! LOL! 

I am so pissed about this as well and totally agree with every word!  Love Roger, but I don’t think he should come back as anyone but Franco.  I liked Franco and the whole Friz family.  I loved seeing all the flashbacks.   Ava’s tribute to Franco was really thoughtful and beautiful.

Carly saying she has to be strong and keep it together...umm when has Carly ever been able to keep it together??  That’s never happened and it’s not going to happen now.  I liked Jordan’s hair pulled back.  It changed her whole face.

I like seeing the Davis coven together.  They all look like they could really be sisters and Alexis could be their mom. They interact accordingly as well.  I’m actually starting to like Sam a little now that she’s out of the trifecta’s grasp.  Same goes for Willow, and really everyone.  It’s like Sonny and Carly just suck the energy out of every character they interact with.  Even Jason perks up when he’s away from them

Little Aiden looks like Elizabeth and Jake looks like Jason.  That’s pretty good casting.  Cam is just amazing.  Also, say what you will about Liz and her choice of men, but she does/did have three pretty hot baby daddies.  Yes I include Jason in this as well....I’ll see myself out......

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I was pretty amused by how quickly so many people showed up, boxes at the ready.

When Sam walked in carrying (two!) boxes, she explained that she brought boxes, in case we, the viewers, missed that. 

• LOL 7
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Carly is so upset about not having a body, why don't they do one last check to see if one has been found?

Was she this upset about not having Morgan's body? Because all I could think of was that Morgan's body is missing too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I find the memorial for Franco too much when Drew didn't even have one and RoHo is coming back as a different character or whatever. 

Way to go Joss, truly your mother's daughter. I don't wanna go to listen to people saying good stuff about Franco. We had to sit through people praising Sonny, the mob boss, to high heaven and his ass isn't even dead.

Nina going out of town. I'm gonna keep thinking that she will come across Sonny.

I guess Cyrus did something to have Jason arrested. I wish his henchmen had pulled the trigger on Peter. Also, while I wasn't Nathan's biggest fan because RP was not a good actor, honestly, step off Peter. Let the guy rest in peace.

Jake is so much taller! And his voice is changing! I wish he had read what he wrote to Jason, about how Franco was the best father or something like that (I don't remember exactly what he said, I just remember chuckling at it).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Carly is a rabid dog.

Sam and Dante continue to be boring and snoozy.  It's just alittle too much and all at once for me to buy this.

Jake is so big now.  The kid can still act though. 

1. giphy.gif giphy.gif

3. Do you mean still can't act?
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
  1. giphy.gif giphy.gif

3. Do you mean still can't act?

Haha. I actually think Hudson was pretty good when he was small, he seems to still be ok to me.  

• Love 3
Just now, Hater said:

Haha. I actually think Hudson was pretty good when he was small, he seems to still be ok to me.  

Ah, okay. I just know that I read here, that when they brought him back...oh wait. That was original Jake. The one who "pushed" Sam down the stairs until she nearly died of gas inhalation or whatever. I forgot that they recast him.

11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ah, okay. I just know that I read here, that when they brought him back...oh wait. That was original Jake. The one who "pushed" Sam down the stairs until she nearly died of gas inhalation or whatever. I forgot that they recast him.

Yeah, OG Jake was bad.  Hudson West always out acted that one, and even some of the adults on this show. He actually had good chemistry with Billy Miller. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Saw yesterday's episode this morning.  Zander was before my time but I liked the actor in this episode. Also he's better looking than a number of the guys currently on. If RH is coming back as someone new, get this guy back on the show however way they can. WL keeps doing a great job it wouldn't surprise  me if he leaves by the end of the year. 

I don't care what Gladys is up too as long as she's taking shots at Carly she can stay.

The Valentin/Alexis friendship is one of the best on the show and Alexis' girls need to accept it. 

Something is going to happen with Brook and Maxi's babies because soap law says two pregnant women at once must have a switch.  Peter once again referred to their family to Maxi as him/her/James/the baby leaving Georgie out. That alone should be enough to turn Maxi off. Just because Georgie's father is alive and a dipshit doesn't mean she's not part of that family.

Didn’t we think there would be an impending swap with Nelle and Maxie?  Maybe we’ll get it now. BL can commiserate with her cousin about losing time with her baby. 

• Love 1

Question as someone who has recently returned to the show: if Peter is not Anna's kid, then who is? I was hopping around Youtube to get up to date on these storylines and a couple of years ago she had a difficult conversation with Robin about the baby she had with Faison and how she gave him up but thought about him every day, etc. So where is that kid?

I think Chad Brannon looks better today than he did all those years ago. All I remember from back then was his big round head. He has really grown into his looks. 

Edited by VioletMarx
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

if Peter is not Anna's kid, then who is?

Alex.  Anna's twin.  It was a memory swap thing, done with twins.  Peter is that kid, Faison's son.  Alex let Anna believe that Peter was hers.

Edited by ciarra
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Carly is a rabid dog.

Christ, every day it's something new.  Now no one can make coffee like Sonny.  I guess tomorrow she'll go into a total meltdown when she opens up the freezer and sees a tray of baked ziti (tm Olivia); "Sonny made the best sauce!"

It was really good to see Jake and Aiden again.  They've both grown so much! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10