Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

inn needed 4 years of college, 4 of medical school and 3 of residency to specialize in internal medicine, and then a residency in infectious diseases on top of that. I think Jackie said that the people she profiled were in their last year of residency so late 20s at the youngest. There's a good chance that he was older than she was.

Intern year generally refers to the first year of a residency program; so assuming that he went straight through 4 years of both undergrad and medical school, he would've been ~26 years old.

"I overheard some nurses talking about the hot guy on the tenth floor." Show, can we please not have nurses ogling the patients? It's deeply unprofessional, not to mention gross.

"What's more important than being pregnant?" Many, many things. Shut up, Michael.

They go to the "talk to the dead" well too often, but it sure was nice to see Chad Brannon, even if Cam and Zander never knew each other.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

"Two sugars. Two sugars."  I really like what they're doing with Valentin these days. I guess with RoHo gone and Sonny away, they're positioning Valentin into a bigger role. There's humour and intelligence instead of just drooling over Nina.

Change those locks, Maxie!

1 minute ago, drtslim said:

Intern year generally refers to the first year of a residency program; so assuming that he went straight through 4 years of both undergrad and medical school, he would've been ~26 years old.

They start residency in year 5. If I'm remembering correctly, Jackie did her story on young doctor's in their last year of residency which would have made it year 7, assuming that it was for his internal medicine qualifications, year 9 if it was for infectious disease..

Training in infectious disease medicine is two years following completion of a basic three year internal medicine residency. Board certification is offered following completion of an infectious diseases fellowship through the American Board of Internal Medicine.

So Finn would have been a minimum of 26 and possibly as old as 30.  They keep talking about Finn being gone for 30 years so the upper range makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

"Sonny was an amazing human being." - Brooklyn

I was eating and i nearly threw up/choked at the same time. 

Same. How can the show be so blind?

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It's obviously true.  He is responsible for murder and mayhem and has the town thinking he's the greatest guy since Steve Hardy.  If that's not amazing, I don't know what is.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

It's obviously true.  He is responsible for murder and mayhem and has the town thinking he's the greatest guy since Steve Hardy.  If that's not amazing, I don't know what is.

Clearly he's lacing Sonnybucks coffee with something.

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Same. How can the show be so blind?

I truly don't know. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Change those locks, Maxie!

The look on her face when he said he was keeping the key, made me think she's never heard of a locksmith.  Ok, she was just released from the hospital and thougth getting rid of his clothes was the first thing she should do, but now, CALL THE LOCKSMITH!!

• Love 8
17 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:
22 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I assume TPTB at GH think "we're evolved" because Sonny is a Latino savior instead of white

Spare me 🙄

Technical Sonny is a Greek/Latino savior. But tiresome (TM Helena Cassadine) under any circumstances.

I'm still catching up on the episodes, but came back to do a little more Frisco bashing. Remember when the actress that plays Britt had a leg injury and they wrote it into the show as the result of a random accident? She and Maxie had beef back then, and Frisco was around for some reason. Britt ran into Frisco and she blamed him for the accident. Frisco pretty much confirmed it, smirking and saying "I get paid to kill bad guys."

Well Frisco, Henrich is bad, bad, bad. And getting worse. Why, oh why is HE still breathing? And by the way, Luke? The a-hole who put your daughter in a coma is still lurking around making her mother's life miserable. You can't spend a few days away from Amsterdam and put an end to Cyrus? Oh, if I only wrote this show...

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

She did go to him after the non-wedding but he didn't want to talk to her then and she got called back to the Peter fiasco. If he wants to talk to her now, he knows where she is.

Finn knew that Anna suspected that Alex was Peter's mother. She kept the secret of the confirmation for 2 days; he and Jackie kept the secret of Chase's possible parentage for 30 years.

He did want to talk, she was the one who got called away and left mid-conversation so, yeah, the onus - as the one who lied - would be on her to try and mend things, not him. 

And those are two separate things. Finn's lie about Chase wasn't to Anna. He came clean about that to her. 

• Love 2

The scenes between Zander and Cam were good. I wish there was more of that before Socrates and Trina showed up with their flowers. 

Valentin is quickly becoming must see for me. He's been so much fun to watch. He and Alexis have a ton of chemistry, he works really well with Anna. He doesn't work so well with Nina, so keep him away from her. 

BL is away for months and what we get from her is how awesome Sonny was. Yes, a regular salt of the earth sort of man, BL. 

"What's more important than being pregnant?" STFU, Michael. That said, I thought CD seemed more at ease with AS.

And Brando's cray-cray mother is back. And for a while. I'm okay if she fucks with Carly.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

I don't know how came up with the name Tan-O

Via The Data Lounge:

"It's assumed that "Tan-O" is short for "Lantano," the Pennsylvania county in which Llanview resides."

36 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I dunno.  I find "amazing" to be a non-descriptive word, as far as compliments go.  Jason always used to tell Sam that she looked amazing.

Merriam Webster Definition of amazing:  causing astonishment, great wonder, or surprise. 

Followed by:

Can amazing mean "good"?

One common complaint regarding the adjectival use of amazing is the extent to which the word is used in what some feel is a watered-down fashion. Those who take this position argue that unless someone is literally being amazed, the word is ill-chosen...the use of amazing to indicate that something is slightly better than “pleasant” may provoke skepticism in others, so you are advised to know your audience before using it in this way.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

LIne of the day:

Peter:  We can get counselling

Maxie:  You killed Drew Cain, marriage counselling isn't going to fix that.  

That line would have more impact if he had acknowledged that it was true. To me, it's so disappointing that it took Peter saying to her face that she knows better than to keep him from his daughter, for her to understand that Peter is ruthless, absolutely would hurt her to get the baby, and she had to give him hope/choose her words carefully to get him out of the apartment. Right after putting the chain lock on the door, she should be calling a locksmith since he won't give her back the key, or better yet, she should call Mac and Robert in order to move her and James out of that apartment today, and into Mac and Felicia's house.

I have no use for Gladys, but I loved her snark to Sasha about Carly!! That is the best Sasha's hair has ever looked. A day without Carly, Jason or Sonny and with Sam having a small part in scenes with her mother, sisters and Valentin is a good day.

I was a little surprised that Michael showed he had two brain cells to rub together and asked point blank if Valentin is the father of BL's baby. However, I HATED BL yammering on about how Sonny was a good man who was always there for her and how sorry she is that Michael has lost his father. UGH!!!! She grew up with her mother until her teen years, away from Port Charles!!! We're supposed to believe Tracy is willing talking to BL about the state of things between Ned and Olivia.  Of course Michael knows about the Ned and Alexis ONS, and BL basically shrugs off that Tracy set Alexis up.

I see the Show has officially retconned Lucky entirely out of Cameron's childhood in the scenes at Zander's grave.  The anger about growing up fatherless because Zander "committed suicide by having the police shoot you" should have been directed toward Lucky, the father who claimed to love him, called him "my first born" and spent lots of time with him when he was a little boy. What was the bit re: not having a dad to lean on when he was a kid and his dog died?!  Elizabeth never had a dog! Did the writers confuse Cam with young Lucky, or with Danny Morgan? Also, Oscar and Cam were not best friends.  Well, at least Cam gets to acknowledge all the pain inside about growing up without ONE dad who was always there. I wanted to hug him when he called himself a loser "like father, like son." Josslyn, Carly's daughter, knowing who Zander was rung true.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 12
Just now, Bringonthedrama said:

A day without Carly, Jason or Sonny and with Sam having a small part in scenes with her mother, sisters and Valentin is a good day.

Yes indeed.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I wanted to hug him when he called himself a loser "like father, like son."

I liked Trina and Joss indulging Cam's pity party for a bit and then telling him to snap out of it because they didn't have loser friends. Heh. Too bad Cam and Trina let Joss mope about Oscar for way to long. But maybe Trina learned from that.

• Love 5

Very good episode today.  Maxie seemed like she may have found a few functioning brain cells; Alexis actually attempting to take responsibility for her actions and sobriety; a little movement in Brook Lynn's story (which had been on ice with her being absent); and a couple (Brando and Sasha) with legitimate chemistry.

• Love 5

I know many watch soaps for fluffy escapism, but I love the dark, tortured story lines. I’m kind of interested in a Cam clinical depression SL, and even a possible suicide attempt. I’m sure it’s been covered by soaps over the years, but not in my memory. The actor has the chops to do it, it would keep Elizabeth front and center, and I love seeing Laura being motherly to Liz.  Plus, Cam’s life has been a constance of abandonment, he’s more likely to have these feelings. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, driver18 said:

I should probably post this in the unpopular opinions thread (which makes me sad), but other than the heinousness of Carly, inanity of Joss, lameness of Michael/Willow, and a combo of all three for Sonny, I think that GH is, minus a few issues here or there, firing all cylinders. I just think it's fantastic soap right now. 

Yeah, I agree, especially in the last couple of weeks. Storyline-wise, I think right now it's just Sonny's storyline that has me fast-forwarding

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I know many watch soaps for fluffy escapism, but I love the dark, tortured story lines. I’m kind of interested in a Cam clinical depression SL, and even a possible suicide attempt. I’m sure it’s been covered by soaps over the years, but not in my memory. The actor has the chops to do it, it would keep Elizabeth front and center, and I love seeing Laura being motherly to Liz.  Plus, Cam’s life has been a constance of abandonment, he’s more likely to have these feelings. 

Suicide attempt over Franco. I'd take it for anyone else but that worthless sack of shit. He didn't even know Franco that long. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Suicide attempt over Franco. I'd take it for anyone else but that worthless sack of shit. He didn't even know Franco that long. 

True. But also a stable father figure for a kid who’s been abandoned by multiple men. 

• Love 6

Cameron: "All my father figures leave."   In that case, he should have mentioned Drew as another person who died because Drew was a father figure to him for a while and to Jake for longer. But the list of father figures leaving him is too long.

I'd forgotten that Dante is Kristina's brother.

I'm not looking forward to Brando/Sasha but Gladys dissing Carly was awesome.

• Love 6

So happy to see Zander, even if he is a ghost.  I got hooked on the Zander/Emily story way back when and was so sad when he turned bad and got himself killed.  The actor is really good, wonder why he isn't in more stuff?  Loved the gray hair, but I never knew that you kept aging in the afterlife.  I was kind of hoping to revert to my younger, fresher self after I'm gone!  Oh well...

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

hey go to the "talk to the dead" well too often, but it sure was nice to see Chad Brannon, even if Cam and Zander never knew each other.

It is pretty bad for an 18 year old when you know more dead people than living people. 

But I think "GH - The Dead" would almost be a better show, at least we wouldn't have Sonny because he isn't really dead.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

My bang-on-the-head-to-loosen-them eyeroll occurred when Sam told Alexis she wouldn't have a support system in prison.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Did Brook Lynn seem much farther along in her pregnancy than she should be? That seemed like a really big baby bump. Seeing Maxie . . . . . . it made me wonder. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I have to say I'm really liking Valentin. I mean, I've always kind of liked him, even when he was introduced as the evilest and most dangerous Cassadine who ever eviled and dangered...and then turned out not to be.

Hi Brooklyn! We now have two women who are about equally pregnant. Are they going to actually do something with that this time, or ignore it as they did last time when Wylie was switched for Willow's baby (before Willow actually appeared) and Maxie's baby was part of the Maxie-and-Peter-draw-closer story? Because Peter kidnapping Valentin's baby would make for some good tv.

And if Brooklyn has her baby before Maxie, I think I'll scream. Maxie has been pregnant for far, far, far too long.

Damn, it was nice to see Zander. So, so nice.

• Love 10

It occurred to me that Peter has now murdered two of Cameron's father figures, Drew and Franco. Someone needs to do something.

47 minutes ago, rur said:

My bang-on-the-head-to-loosen-them eyeroll occurred when Sam told Alexis she wouldn't have a support system in prison.

Because her Port Charles support system is so great. <eyeroll>

I liked Alexis saying that if there is no AA group in Pentonville, she'll start one. That's the Alexis of old.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Hi Brooklyn! We now have two women who are about equally pregnant. Are they going to actually do something with that this time, or ignore it as they did last time when Wylie was switched for Willow's baby (before Willow actually appeared) and Maxie's baby was part of the Maxie-and-Peter-draw-closer story? Because Peter kidnapping Valentin's baby would make for some good tv.

BL's baby would have to be a girl as well. But yeah, bringing BL back that pregnant might be for storyline purpose.

• Useful 2
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I liked Alexis saying that if there is no AA group in Pentonville, she'll start one. That's the Alexis of old.

I liked that a lot, too. It also shows she's serious about working on her sobriety. Though of course her garbage daughters dismiss it. Ugh, they were pretty terrible today. I always like it when Alexis has called Valentin over and her daughters have to choke down their bile and let him in. Ha!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Did Brook Lynn seem much farther along in her pregnancy than she should be

BL and Valentin slept together Oct 21/22nd so she'd be almost 5 months.  She's a bit bigger than she should be but people carry their weight differently.  Puts her due date as july 22.  

Maxie tells Lulu on Aug 9th and Peter found out at the Nurse's Ball on Aug 19th that she's pregnant.  If she was 4 weeks pregnant on Aug 9 puts her due date at april 15th.  

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, drtslim said:

a couple (Brando and Sasha) with legitimate chemistry.

Her hair was on point and there was way more chemistry between them today than Millow have had in all their scenes put together.  

• Love 10
6 hours ago, lala2 said:

I'm sorry. I still think it's strange that she has not called him or gone to look for him. They were in the middle of a conversation when she was called away. At no point did she think of going back upstairs to tell Finn that Maxie was being rushed to the hospital, and that she was going there to be w/her. She just goes to the hospital and doesn't speak to Finn again. I think that speaks volumes.

Anna just blew up their marriage and confessed that she never planned to marry him that day anyway. She owed him a call that night. She should have gone looking for him again when Maxie kicked her out. Over that same night, Jackie left Finn 12 messages, but we didn't even see one missed call from Anna or one voicemail!?!?!

I just don't see any interest in Anna for Finn. When Jackie came looking for Finna, Anna seemed resigned to them being over. She had no fight in her to fix/save their relationship. Finn is better off w/o her, IMO. She doesn't care about him or their relationship. 

Sigh. You're right. I just really like them and I don't want them to break up. The only one I want Finn with aside from Anna (since my ME/KM chemistry loving heart will not be sated as they've made it clear Sam/Finn will never happen) is Elizabeth. ME and RHe are my two fave actors on the show and I've liked the possibility of Finn/Elizabeth forever but because of Franco/Elizabeth, and Finn's relationship with Hayden, I just never thought it possible, but now maybe.

Anyhoo, my point is, I really do like Anna and Finn and I don't want them to just break up. So, I'm looking for an explanation, you know.

About today's show, it was good, but really my only thought is: DAMN! Chad Brannon looks mighty fine. I just kept thinking that over and over during his scenes. Mmhmm.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Cameron: "All my father figures leave."   In that case, he should have mentioned Drew as another person who died because Drew was a father figure to him for a while and to Jake for longer. But the list of father figures leaving him is too long.

I think it could've been more powerful if he'd mentioned Lucky and Drew in particular here, but I was glad there was a mention to other father figures he'd had. I thought William Lipton, yet again, killed it in the scenes with Zander too. He's 100% going to get snatched up by a primetime show sooner or later, but I hope we get Lucky back before he leaves so they can share scenes too.

I really liked the whole episode! It was nice to see Alexis with all of her daughters, including Kristina. For once, Maxie seemed to understand that Peter's terrible and treat him accordingly. I was happy to see her standing up to him and seeing his true colors. I can't imagine he'll make it too much longer at this point now that he's killed multiple people and is openly threatening his pregnant wife. I liked Amanda Setton today too and am excited about that storyline.

The only part I didn't like was Gladys. Ugh, go away.  I'm not a particularly big Brando or Sasha fan, but they have chemistry, so that part was a bit better.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I liked that a lot, too. It also shows she's serious about working on her sobriety. Though of course her garbage daughters dismiss it. Ugh, they were pretty terrible today. I always like it when Alexis has called Valentin over and her daughters have to choke down their bile and let him in. Ha!

Yeah that’s why I cringed at Sam’s support system comment. They had a good scene yesterday but Alexis’ support system has been lacking and she seems to be hanging on by a thread even now. 

• Love 1

There's no consistency. Alexis's daughters alternately rag on her and try to support her, Jax is AWOL, Ned has his own problems to deal with, as does Finn. Valentin is really the only one who doesn't immediately judge her.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Valentin continues to be the best part of any episode he's in for me.  The 'sugar, sugar' was delivered perfectly by JPS to really convey that Valentin and Alexis have formed an honest-to-god friendship, with no judgments and no agendas.  I couldn't like it more if it came with a tray of baked ziti (tm Olivia).

I also love that Valentin couldn't give a fig less at the way the three brats sneer at him.  Sam giving him a dirty look as she left as if that would intimidate him.  Please, girl.

• Love 15

I didn't get something about the Alexis scene but maybe I misheard.  It sounded like the girls were telling her that if she pleaded not guilty they would prob find her guilty but not give her jail. But if she pleads guilty and admits to being an alcoholic that wants help, they will send her to Pentonville with no help.   What am I missing?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I’m kind of interested in a Cam clinical depression SL, and even a possible suicide attempt. 

NO possible suicide attempt, please and thank you!!!! One of Cam's characteristics is he wants to be a good big brother to Jake and Aiden. Franco even told him at least twice that his brothers look up to him as a role model.  He would NOT do that after the boys and his mother just lost Franco.

I think it will be fine for him to show signs of being depressed, contemplating avenging Franco's murder, and struggling to decide what choice(s) to make about college/his future, however it's absurd that he would actually think about suicide. Franco has been his stepfather for two years, and Elizabeth's boyfriend/fiance for a couple years before that during which time Cam and Franco did not get along.  Franco made a snide remark about not wanting Cam, in a conversation with Scott. He also implied that Cam was ashamed of Aiden during the "Aiden might be gay" storyline, which was out of line.  Cam was "all in" with Franco as of the time Franco saved him from Shiloh's brain experiment.  Just about any kid would turn around their attitude after that.  Lucky Spencer, on the other hand, was Cam's father figure/stepdad for about 7 years. Cam called him "Daddy."   Cam's father figures were Lucky, and to a lesser extent Ric, who both left town.

But Cam needs to realize that "Mr. Corinthos" murdered AJ at point blank range, and Peter August killed both Drew and Franco. 

Also, I call b.s. that Zander has been "watching you with Jake and Aiden."

4 hours ago, AryasMum said:

True. But also a stable father figure for a kid who’s been abandoned by multiple men. 

He's been abandoned by two. The others were murdered/died. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And Molly can just SHUT UP. She’s not a lawyer yet. She has NO WAY of knowing that Alexis pleading guilty automatically means prison sentence. The judge could suspend her sentence. Give her probation. Community service.

4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Valentin continues to be the best part of any episode he's in for me.  The 'sugar, sugar' was delivered perfectly by JPS to really convey that Valentin and Alexis have formed an honest-to-god friendship, with no judgments and no agendas.  I couldn't like it more if it came with a tray of baked ziti (tm Olivia).

I also love that Valentin couldn't give a fig less at the way the three brats sneer at him.  Sam giving him a dirty look as she left as if that would intimidate him.  Please, girl.

It was “two sugars. TWO sugars.” And that made me smile as does Valentin’s don’t give a fuck about Alexis’ twatty daughters.

Okay, I’m confused. I thought Elizabeth didn’t tell Zander about Cameron? That Lucky was the only father he knew as a toddler/kid under 10? And he NEVER had a dog!

Unlike others, I thought it was all bullshit. While Lucky has been turned into a deadbeat father, and CLEARLY removed from his life (he was Cam’s father-not a father figure), the  where was Zander when Cam was scared of the dark and monsters? LUCKY was married to Elizabeth during those years and was there for him. 

And sorry, Zander is nothing but a sperm donor.

And William’s godawful scenery chewing with the gritted teeth didn’t help. And I remain confused why he thinks he’s a loser because Franco was killed? It had nothing to do with anything Cam did or didn’t do.

Maxie, please call Mac or Robert and change the locks! And a restraining order!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I have no use for Gladys, but I loved her snark to Sasha about Carly!!

I liked her blow out too. Her hair looked really good. That’s all I got. 

Xander is still handsome as ever and I loved those scenes with Cam. A little forced since Cam never got to know his bio dad but still really good acting wise.  

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Okay, I’m confused. I thought Elizabeth didn’t tell Zander about Cameron?

I was really confused about that as well because Cameron was all “you abandoned me” and I was like did Zander even know about Cam??

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Molly can just SHUT UP. She’s not a lawyer yet. She has NO WAY of knowing that Alexis pleading guilty automatically means prison sentence. The judge could suspend her sentence. Give her probation. Community service.

Okay, I’m confused. I thought Elizabeth didn’t tell Zander about Cameron? That Lucky was the only father he knew as a toddler/kid under 10? And he NEVER had a dog!

Unlike others, I thought it was all bullshit. While Lucky has been turned into a deadbeat father, and CLEARLY removed from his life (he was Cam’s father-not a father figure), the  where was Zander when Cam was scared of the dark and monsters? LUCKY was married to Elizabeth during those years and was there for him. 

And William’s godawful scenery chewing with the gritted teeth didn’t help. And I remain confused why he thinks he’s a loser because Franco was killed? It had nothing to do with anything Cam did or didn’t do.

To be fair, Alexis asked Molly to explain how the law works to Sam and Kristina.

Zander knew Elizabeth was pregnant; if I recall correctly Ric and Elizabeth pressured Zander to sign away his rights to the "baby." Ric intended to raise the baby with Elizabeth and basically wanted Zander out of the picture.  Yes, Lucky was the only father Cam knew as a toddler/kid. Little kid Cam always called him "Dad/Daddy."  Lucky explained to him that he had another man's DNA, but the man died and so Lucky got to be his dad. The first time the audience heard that Cam knew anything about Zander was when SORASed Cam told Trina (just after her dad Taggert "died") that his father died before he was born and did some bad stuff.

I said father figure because though little Cam called him "Daddy" and Elizabeth considered Lucky to be Cam's father, it was mentioned multiple times over the years that Lucky never legally adopted Cam.  I agree with you that Cam's dialogue to Zander about his childhood was bullshit. Zander is nothing but a sperm donor.  Cam flat out said he knew from his mom that Zander had been in a relationship with her best friend and also got in trouble with the police, but that's it.

My interpretation was that Cam feels like a loser because again, he doesn't have a "whole" family.  I put that on Elizabeth, because she has repeatedly spoken to Franco, in general, and with her sons, about how Franco made their family complete....that they weren't a family without him.  It's sad to me that she doesn't think of herself and the boys as a complete family unit since she was parenting them long before she ever met Franco.

14 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I was really confused about that as well because Cameron was all “you abandoned me” and I was like did Zander even know about Cam??

When he said those words, I thought he was talking about Zander deliberately getting the cops to shoot/kill him, knowing that he had a child on the way because Elizabeth was pregnant.  I don't know if Ric knew whether "the baby" was a boy or girl.  Elizabeth left town to give birth, and sometime later off-screen Audrey called Ric to let him know that Elizabeth had her baby. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Cam's father figures were Lucky, and to a lesser extent Ric, who both left town.

How was Ric ever a father figure to Cameron? He was with Liz when she got pregnant with him, but they were long over before Cameron was even born. Years later when Liz and Ric were together again, Liz was never really all that into him - I think there was a triangle with Nik and then Drew came along - and they weren't together that long.

35 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Why BS? Are you insinuating Zander would be in hell and that's why he wouldn't be watching over Cameron? This was Cameron's fantasy. No matter how mad at Zander he was in their scenes, he wouldn't be imagining his biological father in hell.

33 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Molly never claimed she was a lawyer. Alexis was the one who insisted on getting Molly's opinion as someone who is in law school and, apparently, interning for Robert.

34 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, she did tell him. There was the whole brief subplot where she and Ric tried to get him sign away his parental rights. I assume the dog thing is one of those things we never saw on-screen because we don't see these characters lives play out 24/7 on-screen.

37 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Zander was not just a sperm donor. He was his biological father. Cameron never got to meet him and that was what his whole thing was about today. Maybe if you'd been around, how different might my life have been. 

I assume he thinks he's a loser, because 1) he's a teenager and they can get melodramatic and 2) again this was kind of specifically talked about in the scenes with how much loss he's faced in the last few years. It's wasn't just about Franco.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:
44 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Okay, I’m confused. I thought Elizabeth didn’t tell Zander about Cameron?

Cam clearly knows what happened with Zander, at least the outline of it. Cam feels abandoned because Zander's death was "suicide by cop," i.e., he wanted to die. Cam's feelings seem pretty reasonable, especially since he just lost another father figure.

It's pretty weird dead Zander shows up and neither father nor son had met. But we saw Chad Bannon again, so I'm fine with the handwaving. Heh. All I need is a pretty face!

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

How was Ric ever a father figure to Cameron? He was with Liz when she got pregnant with him, but they were long over before Cameron was even born. Years later when Liz and Ric were together again, Liz was never really all that into him - I think there was a triangle with Nik and then Drew came along - and they weren't together that long.

This. And Liz even had Cam off screen. By that time, Ric and Alexis were getting serious. Ric may have WANTED to be a "father figure" to Cam when he was with Liz, but the reality of the situation is, he never was.

• Love 2

I'm not sure why all the hostility towards the Coven today. They don't want their mother to go to prison and just want her to go to rehab and get some help. They love their mother and have certainly been through more with her than freakin' Valentin.

Also, I don't think I'll ever be on the 'Valentin is so awesome' bandwagon. I'm not sure why they have him going around giving sage advice to people, some - like Michael - whose situation is none of his business. Also, Valentin can cram his sudden "you must take responsibility for your actions" talk up his butt. What I'd say is you first. Does he plan on turning himself in for attempting to murder a woman by throwing her over a parapet? Something he hasn't even deigned to apologize for? 

• Love 2