Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How did Valentin "manipulate" his way into ELQ? The family who sold their shares/proxy to him were the ones to fault, especially Sam. She gives away her kids' proxies so her parole officer, who was just doing her job, is replaced.

Valentin was just supposed to help Sam, with no reciprocity, per everyone.  Because he actually wanted an exchange?  He's the BIG BAD!  Shut up, Michael.

44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Olivia is bringing a gigantic pan of baked ziti. If it's not ziti, it's manicotti. How about lasagna?

#JusticeforEggplantParm

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

Wow, Chase is actually Finn's son?  I'm so shocked!

But what is the real drama in Finn being Chase's father? It serves no dramatic impact for anyone in town except Chase, Finn, and maybe Anna and Violet. There's no drama in how it effects Gregory, Jackie or Chase's relationship with them because we don't know them and we don't need to know them.

• Love 2

Another day where I liked Valentin. He was reasonable with Michael (good suggestion about telling Nina/they have to have therapy) and advising Nina to be patient. Wonderful how good he is when he's not mooning over Nina.

Why didn't Ned tell Olivia that he ran into Alexis by accident? This way it looks like they had a coffee date.

Willow's facial expressions were wonderful today, first the eye blink when Chase told her that Finn could be his father and later the embarrassment when the DNA test was known. She's a decent actress and the character improves so much when she can move beyond being a prop for the Carly/Michael story.

40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If the writers and Hack!Frank! had any balls, they would have had Gonzo as Chase's father.

That would have been the more interesting choice. Finn screwed up and there's fallout from that but it would repair the family situation more easily. I don't care at all to watch Finn and Jackie try to get Chase back.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I was trying to figure out who was hiding in the bushes, and had decided it was Brook Lynn, though I don't know why she was out there in the first place.  Did she know Valentin was talking to Michael and didn't want him to see her.  I mean, just come in the front door and head upstairs before anyone sees you.  Seems odd to be hiding outside then come in.

But she's pregnant! And it's Valentin's! Dum - dum - dum.

As a twist, I like it. Not only does keep Valentin away from Nina, Valentin's child will be a Quartermaine. Is he going to bypass Boy Genius Michael to install his own child as CEO in a couple of decades?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why didn't Ned tell Olivia that he ran into Alexis by accident? This way it looks like they had a coffee date.

Didn't he? Or didn't Alexis say it was random? At any rate, Olivia is going to believe what she wants to believe. 

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But she's pregnant!

*cries, then collapses into rage blackout*

• Love 1

Chase and Willow were cute today.  Willow alone was adorable as she awkwardly shuffled out of the room after the SHOCKING paternity reveal.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Really, Show? The stalker cam on Michael and Valentin? Spare me.

They rely on that way too often to drum up suspense.  Every time I hope it’s Chupacabra come to put them all out of their misery, and every time I am sorely disappointed.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Chase and Willow were good. Take Willow out of Michael's orbit and she suddenly becomes a person. Totally nuts!

BL is back. Probably pregnant since she was wearing that ginormous coat. I thought we could have an off screen pregnancy. Maxie is now 2 years pregnant with no end in sight.

Speaking of Maxie, is anyone else under the impression that Peter is going to steal the baby and vanish?

Sam also helped Maxie pack Nathan's things after he died. Yay, for continuity, I guess. 

I was glad to see Kelly's. It feels like it's been a really long time.

I like mature Valentin, but Ava in the corner was having none of that. Her facial expressions were great.

I guess Anna needed Jason's absolution in this Peter mess. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I was a big Zander fan back in the day but what is he going to do?  I’m guessing somehow try and comfort Cameron but he died before Cam was born so I don’t see how he’s going to help.

I loved Zander, and I was devastated when I realized Elizabeth was pregnant with his child who would never know him.

If you think about it, Cameron must have a lot of "dad photos" around. Clearly there must be one of Zander, otherwise Cameron would have no idea who he is when he appears to him tomorrow. There must be one of Lucky as Lucky raised him for years before leaving town (and if not for that reason, there must be photos of him in the house because of Aidan). We know there are photos of Franco. And there are probably photos of Jason around for Jake's benefit. All of which is kinda weird.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I should probably post this in the unpopular opinions thread (which makes me sad), but other than the heinousness of Carly, inanity of Joss, lameness of Michael/Willow, and a combo of all three for Sonny, I think that GH is, minus a few issues here or there, firing all cylinders. I just think it's fantastic soap right now. 

Today was a great example. The conversations are good, things are moving, friends and in-between are talking. When you think about the why of things they make sense. Take Anna not being with Finn during all that's happening. I was upset -- as I like them and couldn't understand why she wasn't reaching out to him -- but then I thought about it and it made perfect sense.

Finn is furious with her. This is literally the day after the wedding. He's mad at her, doesn't want to talk to her. He didn't call and let her know that Gregory found out. He also didn't call and tell her that Chase was told. Anna knows nothing about this. She's just giving Finn a little space, less than 24 hours, while she deals with her psychotic nephew. A psychotic nephew that she helped stay free and clear in the world. So of course she's not with him.

The Willow/Chase scenes were fabulous and cute and I love them. God, keep her away from Michael please!

I LOVED Finn revealing that he was Chase's father. That scene was so well written, acted and directed I had to rewatch it. I've gone into detail elsewhere in a handful of posts as to how I do think this sets up great storyline. I love it. The emotional drama that is yet to come from this is just starting and if the last few days are any indication.... ooh!

As to whom this effects? Finn and through him Anna, Violet, and potentially Alexis and Elizabeth. Chase and through him Willow, Michael, Sasha, Brando, Carly, Nina. And, of course, Gregory and Jackie... and Robert and even possibly Martin might be pulled in through her.

Elsewhere in the episode, the Ava/Nina friendship continues to be wonderful. Sam being separated from Jason has been great for her. I love seeing her there for Maxie, and this was the most natural I felt her and Dante have ever come across.

Finally, I'm hoping the writing for Brooklyn will be better. I wasn't a fan of the temp recast and I like Amanda Setton, so fingers crossed. 

• Love 17

I would have been much more happy and satisfied had the conversation about proving Heinrik had killed Franco taken place between Robert and Anna.

Or if Anna must continue to flagellate herself, do it to Robin over the phone.

After Finn implodes everything, he’s all let’s not find out the results of the DNA test. Yeah? Like you can put that genie back in the bottle? After you forced me to suffer through your angst that you HAD TO KNOW?🙄🙄🙄😒😒😒😒

STFU YOU SLS! The only reason you refuse to let Nina see Wiley has nothing to do with him, but because she made Willow cry. And because of what Ava said: he’s under the control of his mother’s thumb.

But damn if Chase and Gonzo didn’t make me cry. ESPECIALLY Gonzo! I want the lab to tell Finn they made a mistake.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Valentin (to Nina): Going to war with Carly Corinthos helps nobody.

Me: Uh, it would help me!  Start by buying her hotel out from under her! 

The only surprisingly thing about Dr. Michael Easton being Chase's dad is that they've allowed Gregory to be sympathetic, that he's not an ogre or THE EVUL to make us long for Chase to throw himself in Dr. Michael Easton's arms and call him papa.  I really liked the scenes from Friday of Chase reassuring Gregory about their relationship, and that his first response to the news today was to do the same.  I'm sure this won't last, because we'll have to feel super sadz for Dr. Michael Easton at some point, but for now, I'm into it.

Hi Kimmie Amanda Setton Brook!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

I assume we'll eventually hit some moment where Chase finally calls Dr. Michael Easton Dad and Dr. Michael Easton will cry manly Michael Easton tears and we'll be expected to cry along with them (I will not be).  And I can't imagine the show doing it some nuanced way so they'll for sure take a hatchet to Gregory to get there.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

I assume we'll eventually hit some moment where Chase finally calls Dr. Michael Easton Dad and Dr. Michael Easton will cry manly Michael Easton tears and we'll be expected to cry along with them (I will not be).  And I can't imagine the show doing it some nuanced way so they'll for sure take a hatchet to Gregory eventually.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

They better NOT!!!

45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The only surprisingly thing about Dr. Michael Easton being Chase's dad is that they've allowed Gregory to be sympathetic, that he's not an ogre or THE EVUL to make us long for Chase to throw himself in Dr. Michael Easton's arms and call him papa.  I really liked the scenes from Friday of Chase reassuring Gregory about their relationship, and that his first response to the news today was to do the same.  I'm sure this won't last, because we'll have to feel super sadz for Dr. Michael Easton at some point, but for now, I'm into it.

That's refreshing. Gregory has been nothing and tried to be nothing but a good father to his sons and Finn let him carry the guilt of having lost his firstborn son for some 30 years. Gregory was cheated on, lied to. At least they have been consistent that Finn was the one in the wrong. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That's refreshing. Gregory has been nothing and tried to be nothing but a good father to his sons and Finn let him carry the guilt of having lost his firstborn son for some 30 years. Gregory was cheated on, lied to. At least they have been consistent that Finn was the one in the wrong.

Only since they brought Jackie back and they disclosed that they’d had a one night stand. Up until then, his father was portrayed as the selfish bastard and ultimate EVUHL for having remarried so soon after Finn’s mother’s death.

And now we all know that wasn’t the case at all.

It's hard to remember, or care, but I'm pretty sure they did paint the absent dad as the problem, not Dr. Michael Easton.  I mean, changing his last name away from his is a pretty big statement.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's hard to remember, or care, but I'm pretty sure they did paint the absent dad as the problem, not Dr. Michael Easton.  I mean, changing his last name away from his is a pretty big statement.

That's because Dr. Michael Easton is a douche. 

I'm not even sure that his deceased wife is real now because Finn is a liar who lies.

His reasons for shunning his father didn't hold water once Chase was introduced. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

His reasons for shunning his father didn't hold water once Chase was introduced. 

See, that made sense to me.  He hated his father for betraying his dead mother by moving on with a new wife so soon, and he saw Chase as a symbol of that betrayal.

It's the reveal that his real reason for changing his name and abandoning his family was not because of his dead mother, but because he was sadz about a woman he slept with once and just used said dead mother as a smokescreen, that hasn't worked for me.  Even if he had seduced Jackie as revenge, that would have made more sense than what we've heard.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
On 3/12/2021 at 3:47 PM, AuxArx said:

The Sonny story is so insulting.  There are movies and TV shows that have gotten criticized for using the "white savior" trope, and here comes GH doing it, too.  Do they not know that it's 2021?

I assume TPTB at GH think "we're evolved" because Sonny is a Latino savior instead of white.

On 3/12/2021 at 4:04 PM, dubbel zout said:

"Did you think I would run away?" Well, Peter, that's what you wanted to do with Maxie, so I'd say yes, you would run away. Those scenes between Peter and Anna were so stupid. 

My interpretation was "I'm a big/defiant boy when faced with Aunt Anna the Traitor. Can't you tell from my ACTINGGG!!" 

On 3/12/2021 at 6:44 PM, Hater said:

This is why I don't buy anything with Sam in regards to Drew now.  It's all very hollow to me and not believable.  She wasn't even around him when his child was dying.  The show wanted to push that narrative so much and they did, don't try and turn around now and act like Sam is super concerned about Peter killing Drew or Scout's father or whatever.   Let her take down Peter in the name of Maxie and their sometimes friendship.

There were only two adults (aside from mostly off-screen Monica) who were close to Drew: Franco and Curtis. They weren't/aren't friends with Maxie.  For Maxie to have an emotional reaction and feel guilty upon hearing that  Peter was responsible for Drew's death, the Show needed someone who has a relationship with Maxie to be outraged/devastated, on an innocent child's behalf. They weren't going to have little Scout show up at the wedding and scream "You killed my Daddy!" at Peter.  So, occasional friend Sam gets to be Maxie's BFF for as long as Lulu is in a coma.

On 3/13/2021 at 12:06 AM, nilyank said:

It honestly sounds like Anna reached out to Frisco about Peter after the wedding collapse and yet he still isn't taking any blame for standing on the sidelines as his agency did nothing regarding Peter or that his agency has an ungoing investigation on Peter.

Yup. Also, the Show wants to get credit with the audience for nodding to history and off-screen characters.  Look -"Frisco mention!, the WSB is still active, and see we know Anna has a relationship with Frisco!" Frisco's personality and details of his years with WSB are beside the point. The Show uses history where it's convenient/to advance a plot point.  

On 3/13/2021 at 6:50 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm in the minority in that I like Peter for the most part, and I mostly liked his and Anna's scenes Friday, but him wanting to embrace his parents' legacy is insanely stupid. 

I don't think he actually wants to be like Faison; those scenes came off to me as more of an adolescent tantrum "Fuck you Anna! And btw you should have been the one who died so I could meet my real mommy who would understand me!"

19 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Those eyelashes were fluttering like a Southern coquette at the debutante ball.

😍 🤣Would you be my new BFF? 

6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I was a big Zander fan back in the day but what is he going to do?  I’m guessing somehow try and comfort Cameron but he died before Cam was born so I don’t see how he’s going to help.

I was thinking the same thing.  Zander trying to comfort Cameron is weird since Cam never met him. Has Cam ever even seen a picture of Zander, to know "this is Zander, my biological father."  I guess they asked him to do scenes with WL, because Cam can't turn to the guy he called "Daddy" when he was a little kid - Lucky - since JJ is unavailable. 

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Chase and Willow were good. Take Willow out of Michael's orbit and she suddenly becomes a person. Totally nuts!

I guess Anna needed Jason's absolution in this Peter mess. 

They really were!!! I can enjoy with Willow with Chase because she acts like an adult with a personality, who cares about more than Wiley, Wiley, Wiley.

I thought maybe since Anna was speaking to Jason, she might mention guilt over Robin and her grandkids forming relationships with Peter. But of course not.  It's just crazy thinking to assume she would mention her only daughter/child while getting ready for her wedding, or worry afterward that this will upset Emma and Noah. Well, at least Robert remembers that Robin thinks Peter is her brother. 

My biggest irritation today, though, is everyone treating Maxie like she is a poor, delicate 'lil lamb deceived by Peter.  I am assuming that Peter will either kidnap Maxie, she'll go into labor and give birth at which point he'll try to take off with newborn Lou a 'la Claudia with Josslyn OR he'll drug Maxie to induce labor a la Nina with Ava, to force Maxie to be with him and their baby as a family. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5

Speaking of which, did they ever explain why Robin wasn't at the double wedding for her mother, her cousin and whom she believed to be her brother?

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

Speaking of which, did they ever explain why Robin was at the double wedding for her mother, her cousin and whom she believed to be her brother?

I think you mean why she wasn’t at her mother’s wedding. And no, they didn’t.

I was kinda shocked that Finn turned out to be Chase’s father. I’m not sure why though. I guess we’ll have a year of Finn & Chase hating each other until Chase gets married to Willow & needs a best man. End scene. 

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think you mean why she wasn’t at her mother’s wedding. And no, they didn’t.

Arrgh. Curse you contractions. I always think that I type them in and then I DON"T.

There should have been a throw-away line from Anna that she spoke to Robin after Peter burnt the files and convinced Robin not to come. Or even something came up with the kids that Robin could not travel and had to stay in California.

6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Arrgh. Curse you contractions. I always think that I type them in and then I DON"T.

There should have been a throw-away line from Anna that she spoke to Robin after Peter burnt the files and convinced Robin not to come. Or even something came up with the kids that Robin could not travel and had to stay in California.

That’s what I’ve been saying all along-at least have a throw away line about why Robin, Patrick, Emma and Noah couldn’t come. Anna hasn’t even mentioned Robin—at least we got Robert saying he needed to call her to let her know what was going on. Even if we never saw him call-we know he did.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think they would kill him off before that.

I agree. I don't think there are any plans to throw Gregory under the bus. As it stands, Finn has lost the most. I know it's b/c of his actions, but I stil feel bad for him. Chase still has his parents. Gregory still has his son and Jackie (if she wanted him). Finn lost his his brother, father, and his love/relationship. I'm still upset that Anna hasn't bothered to call Finn or track him down. He is really not on her list of priorities. I understand her giving him space, but she could call him and tell him she's ready to speak when he wants. Ugh . . . anyway . . .

Finn is taking the blame for this, so that sucks for him. I'm not sure how the parties will reconcile, but I don't want to see Finn begging Chase. He just needs to leave Chase and Gregory alone.  

• Love 2

That looooong opening shot of Sam's cold shoulder was pretty hard to stomach. 

Did Maxie not change the locks? Cuz I'm pretty sure when one dumps a crazy murderous fiance who is obsessed with them, that is sort of job one. Between super PI Sam, cops Dante and Mac, and special agent Anna, someone might have suggested it. Ay yi yi!  

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I agree. I don't think there are any plans to throw Gregory under the bus. As it stands, Finn has lost the most. I know it's b/c of his actions, but I stil feel bad for him. Chase still has his parents. Gregory still has his son and Jackie (if she wanted him). Finn lost his his brother, father, and his love/relationship. I'm still upset that Anna hasn't bothered to call Finn or track him down. He is really not on her list of priorities. I understand her giving him space, but she could call him and tell him she's ready to speak when he wants. Ugh . . . anyway . . .

Finn is taking the blame for this, so that sucks for him. I'm not sure how the parties will reconcile, but I don't want to see Finn begging Chase. He just needs to leave Chase and Gregory alone.  

While I definitely don’t think that Finn should be lying prostrate before Chase and Gregory; he should at least offer them both sincere apologies and then give them both the time and space to deal with the new information.

• Love 4

I just know we're going to get a lot of Chase and/or Gregory being cold or angry at him and Dr. Michael Easton looking all sad and we'll be expected to sympathize with him.  Nope.  He made this bed, he's going to have to lie in it.

And shouldn't the emotionally stunned, Roxie having weirdo we met be having some kind of breakdown about this?  But nope, they scrubbed all that quirk away.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't think he actually wants to be like Faison; those scenes came off to me as more of an adolescent tantrum "Fuck you Anna! And btw you should have been the one who died so I could meet my real mommy who would understand me!"

That's exactly what he sounded like. I like Peter more like this than when WR is trying to play him earnestly but it really is pure melodrama.

26 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Chase still has his parents. Gregory still has his son and Jackie (if she wanted him). Finn lost his his brother, father, and his love/relationship. I'm still upset that Anna hasn't bothered to call Finn or track him down.

Jackie warned him that this would happen but Finn wanted to know and he wouldn't wait. I have no sympathy for him or Jackie. Finn may have been in his twenties but he knew that his father loved Jackie so hands off the day before the wedding guy.  And then he made Gregory think that the fault was his that he lost his older son.  All my sympathy is for Chase and Gregory who have both had their lives blown up.

I don't think that Finn wants to talk to Anna or that she would be a shoulder for him to cry on if she did call him.  She has her hands full with saving Maxie making sure Peter is stopped. If Finn wants to talk to her, he knows where to find her.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That's not surprising to me. Finn isn't Sonny or Carly or Jason or even Franco. I don't think they've ever made anyone a villain to make him look good. 

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Only since they brought Jackie back and they disclosed that they’d had a one night stand. Up until then, his father was portrayed as the selfish bastard and ultimate EVUHL for having remarried so soon after Finn’s mother’s death.

At that point, Gregory was just an off-screen character. We didn't really know what his deal was. It was Finn's interpretation that Gregory was at fault. That doesn't mean the show was saying he was a selfish bastard, but that was how Finn saw it.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

See, that made sense to me.  He hated his father for betraying his dead mother by moving on with a new wife so soon, and he saw Chase as a symbol of that betrayal.

It's the reveal that his real reason for changing his name and abandoning his family was not because of his dead mother, but because he was sadz about a woman he slept with once and just used said dead mother as a smokescreen, that hasn't worked for me.  Even if he had seduced Jackie as revenge, that would have made more sense than what we've heard.

To me that never really made sense. It had been thirty years. It made no sense that he hadn't gotten over that yet. It makes a lot more sense that he not only felt guilty for sleeping with Jackie, but that he couldn't handle being around Chase knowing there was a possibility he could be his son. 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just know we're going to get a lot of Chase and/or Gregory being cold or angry at him and Dr. Michael Easton looking all sad and we'll be expected to sympathize with him.  Nope.  He made this bed, he's going to have to lie in it.

One can make a huge mistake and you can still feel sympathy for them. It's not an entirely black and white situation. As long as Finn is apologetic for what he did, which he already is, then at one point they'll have to move on and get over it.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think that Finn wants to talk to Anna or that she would be a shoulder for him to cry on if she did call him.  She has her hands full with saving Maxie making sure Peter is stopped. If Finn wants to talk to her, he knows where to find her.

Anna was the one who screwed up, so I think she should reach out. If Finn doesn't want to talk to her, then fine, but make an effort otherwise Finn absolutely has a point that he's not a priority. There are plenty of other people in town who can help Maxie/stop Peter. It's not a one-woman job where she needs to put her entire life on hold. And does she not care about Violet at all? Does she not, maybe want to check in, see how she's doing and ask if there's anything she can do to help this girl who looked at her as a second mom?

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I assume TPTB at GH think "we're evolved" because Sonny is a Latino savior instead of white

Spare me 🙄

4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Zander trying to comfort Cameron is weird since Cam never met him. Has Cam ever even seen a picture of Zander, to know "this is Zander, my biological father."  I guess they asked him to do scenes with WL, because Cam can't turn to the guy he called "Daddy" when he was a little kid - Lucky - since JJ is unavailable

Well they did have ghost Courtney visiting her son Spencer some years ago to open his eyes to things. So. He never knew her either. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Finn may have been in his twenties but he knew that his father loved Jackie so hands off the day before the wedding guy. 

I think Finn is getting the brunt of this but Jackie is as much if not more to blame.  The original story was that Jackie was writing a story on interns, so how old could Finn have possibly been.  Jackie was dating Gregory while sniffing around his twenty year old son, while doing her article.  On the night before HER wedding, she chooses to sleep with Finn, her fiance's son, then continues with the wedding as though nothing happened.  Then has a baby nine months later and still says nothing to her husband.    Finn felt guilty for his part and chose to stay away from his father and "brother".  The onus here is on Jackie. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Up until then, his father was portrayed as the selfish bastard and ultimate EVUHL for having remarried so soon after Finn’s mother’s death.

It was definitely what Finn thought but I don't know how much the viewers were supposed to think that, TBH. I get feeling that way as a young man, but 30 years later it seems really petty and immature.

12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I can enjoy with Willow with Chase because she acts like an adult with a personality, who cares about more than Wiley, Wiley, Wiley.

She's so much more interesting as Chase's friend than Wiley's mother/Michael's ex. I wouldn't be surprised if there are different writers. Even when she doesn't say anything, like when she was in the background during the DNA reveal, she's more watchable.

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And shouldn't the emotionally stunned, Roxie having weirdo we met be having some kind of breakdown about this?  But nope, they scrubbed all that quirk away.

Only the wimmins have breakdowns. The men deal with things in a manly fashion.

I think Finn is getting the brunt of this but Jackie is as much if not more to blame. 

They're equally to blame, IMO. Both lied for years. 

• Love 2

I wonder if Katelyn MacMullen  has a preference for whether Willow should be with Michael or Chase.  It's like Kelly Monaco's (hey, same initials) problem when Burton came back -- be with Michael and get lots of screentime but zero personality or be with Chase and have good acting moments but few of them.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I think Finn is getting the brunt of this but Jackie is as much if not more to blame.  The original story was that Jackie was writing a story on interns, so how old could Finn have possibly been.

Finn needed 4 years of college, 4 of medical school and 3 of residency to specialize in internal medicine, and then a residency in infectious diseases on top of that. I think Jackie said that the people she profiled were in their last year of residency so late 20s at the youngest. There's a good chance that he was older than she was.

Jackie deserves as much blame as Finn because she cheated on Gregory the night before the wedding and then told Finn that Chase wasn't his son. Finn slept with his father's fiance and made his father feel guilty for 30 years that he was the one who had caused Finn to leave. Hard to pick between them.  There's not much to choose between them.

10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Anna was the one who screwed up, so I think she should reach out. If Finn doesn't want to talk to her, then fine, but make an effort otherwise Finn absolutely has a point that he's not a priority.

She did go to him after the non-wedding but he didn't want to talk to her then and she got called back to the Peter fiasco. If he wants to talk to her now, he knows where she is.

Finn knew that Anna suspected that Alex was Peter's mother. She kept the secret of the confirmation for 2 days; he and Jackie kept the secret of Chase's possible parentage for 30 years.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Finn knew that Anna suspected that Alex was Peter's mother. She kept the secret of the confirmation for 2 days; he and Jackie kept the secret of Chase's possible parentage for 30 years.

I think she kept the secret a lot longer than 2 days. She realized Alex was the mother because she had the marker for whatever that disease was. But what bothered Finn was that Valentin knew while he was kept in the dark about it.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

I typed it wrong. I should have said that Anna finding out that Peter is a villain was only 2 days ago. I thought that Finn already knew that Alex was Peter's real mother.

I understand Finn feels betrayed but Valentin is the better person to deal with Peter. He's ex WSB and the one who was involved with Peter and Faison.

48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that Finn already knew that Alex was Peter's real mother.

It was always a possibility, but I don't think he knew for sure.

I'm sure the show thinks it's being clever with Anna and Finn in parallel stories about parentage, but I'M SO BORED.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, lala2 said:

As I said in my post, I was thinking that at first, BUT, look at the timeline. Finn is LITERALLY still in his wedding clothes. It is LITERALLY the next morning. If she had called and left him messages, she wouldn't have been respecting him and giving him space. And she's literally dealing with a psychopath that she enabled who has targeted her goddaughter. It's not like she's lah-dee-dah!-ing here.

Now if we don't see them interact by the time it's clear the next day has passed, then, yes, I'll be upset too. But, right now, yeah, it's literally the next morning after the wedding!

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm sure the show thinks it's being clever with Anna and Finn in parallel stories about parentage, but I'M SO BORED.

Did you know that Sonny has amnesia? And everyone wants to protect Wylie?

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

that Jackie was writing a story on interns, so how old could Finn have possibly been. 

At least 22 because he’d have to complete four years of college before going to med school. And I don’t know in what year of med school they start interning so he could have been 24 or 25. Not exactly a child...

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

There's a good chance that he was older than she was.

If we assume the character's ages are the same as the actor's ages:

Gregory Harrison/Gregory:  70 yrs old

Kim Delaney/Jackie: 59 yrs old

Michael Eaton/Finn: 54 yrs old

Josh Swickard/Chase: 28 yrs old

That means Finn would have been 26 to Jackie's 31.  It's older than what they made it seem when they first brought up the story however many months ago;  At that time, they made it seem like Finn was much younger and was caught up in the older woman, Mrs Robinson style, who was writing the story but also happened to be involved with his father.  

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Both lied for years. 

I don't disagree necessarily, but I do think there are levels of lies.  For example Peter lies over the past 15 years, versus Maxie's lies over that same time span.  Clearly Peter is the worst of the two.  I beleive Jackie's lies were worst and bigger.  

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, driver18 said:

As I said in my post, I was thinking that at first, BUT, look at the timeline. Finn is LITERALLY still in his wedding clothes. It is LITERALLY the next morning. If she had called and left him messages, she wouldn't have been respecting him and giving him space. And she's literally dealing with a psychopath that she enabled who has targeted her goddaughter. It's not like she's lah-dee-dah!-ing here.

Now if we don't see them interact by the time it's clear the next day has passed, then, yes, I'll be upset too. But, right now, yeah, it's literally the next morning after the wedding!

I'm sorry. I still think it's strange that she has not called him or gone to look for him. They were in the middle of a conversation when she was called away. At no point did she think of going back upstairs to tell Finn that Maxie was being rushed to the hospital, and that she was going there to be w/her. She just goes to the hospital and doesn't speak to Finn again. I think that speaks volumes.

Anna just blew up their marriage and confessed that she never planned to marry him that day anyway. She owed him a call that night. She should have gone looking for him again when Maxie kicked her out. Over that same night, Jackie left Finn 12 messages, but we didn't even see one missed call from Anna or one voicemail!?!?!

I just don't see any interest in Anna for Finn. When Jackie came looking for Finna, Anna seemed resigned to them being over. She had no fight in her to fix/save their relationship. Finn is better off w/o her, IMO. She doesn't care about him or their relationship. 

• Love 3