Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I don't care how many times Sam grabs Dante's hands and the camera zooms in, I am not condoning this union!!!! Shouldn't she spend more than a month getting over Jason? 

I'm surprised they didn't consider putting Sam with Finn. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I don't care how many times Sam grabs Dante's hands and the camera zooms in, I am not condoning this union!!!! Shouldn't she spend more than a month getting over Jason?

Per Danny, she's still loudly sobbing at night when the kids are supposed to be asleep. Most people would cry silently at this point but Sam is so devastated at losing Jason.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Get a grip, Sam, it's just Jason.

She should be thrilled she's not with him at this moment, given how tightly and screechily Carly is clinging to him right now.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It feels kind of stupid because this feels like an exact retread of Curtis and Jordan's break-up.

A major reason for the Anna and Finn break-up is that Anna lied to/withheld information from Finn so that he thought his kindergarten-age daughter was safe around devious murderer Peter.  I liked Finn's line on the wedding day that his daughter has been around a murderer "so you could play Spy Games with Valentin!" Finn also got shot and almost died in part because Anna kept the Alex/Peter secret. 

The Curtis and Jordan break-up is more about him wanting her to be honest about everything except police cases she can't discuss. When Cyrus kidnapped TJ and blackmailed her, the danger was self-created for her and her kid. 

9 hours ago, Katy M said:

Brooklyn, that's not how it works.  Fathers matter.  

It doesn't seem to me like she believes fathers don't matter. She has a relationship with Ned. I think she wants to make the decisions about her child's life and is terrified at the prospect of losing that/compromising with someone she doesn't know if she can trust since this is a ONS baby with a guy who does not have a good relationship with her family.

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

So Carly can go harangue Elizabeth when she's grieving Franco's death, the same day as the memorial service, but Nina was so out of line when she did the same to Carly. Why hasn't Carly turned into a pile of ashes yet? She is so awful.

8 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Carly has some balls harassing Elizabeth in her own home the day of Franco’s memorial.  In this case she is right but she’s still such a fucking shrew.

Especially since Carly was so appalled/offended that Jordan came to her home to ask questions "hours" after Sonny's memorial service.  Carly, you're not the police, go away. However, I did like how Elizabeth got in the dig/reminder to Carly that Franco had helped her get out of Ferncliff. I'm all for any remark that irritates Carly!!

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Funniest line I've heard in  a long time:

Finn to Chase:  between you and me, I haven't had the best results with the lab here.  I want to take another DNA test to Mercy

Seriously, how many times have we said, don't trust the DNA results.  Someone's paying attention to the fans!!!

YES!! His daughter's Aunt Elizabeth could tell him stories about that lab when she was trying to get paternity tests for Aiden. And she is one of many who has had problems with the lab!!

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Sam should have let Dante shoot.

I enjoyed watching Peter stumble and fall backwards over Nathan's headstone. I would prefer that he fall and shatter his skull on that headstone, or as he's on the ground, a tiny earthquake somehow causes Nathan's headstone to move and crush Peter's face or critically injure one of his organs (I'm not picky).

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

So utterly pointless. Yes, I get that Cyrus is mad at Jackie because of his mother but this seems like stupid revenge. And what storyline purpose does it serve? If Finn does get the second test and it shows the real results, what was the point? And if he doesn't get the second test, or Cyrus somehow tampers with that test, too, we'll have to watch months of Finn and Chase learning to be father and son, only for that to be blown up, too and things basically go back to normal once the true results are known? So, again, what is the point?

For a few days of dramatic material I guess. I think both options are lame but at least your second scenario has some drama in it. Not only did Cyrus manipulate the results, but Finn announced he was gonna get a second test so they might as well have had him say, this plot point will be resolved soon.

And how is Jackie supposed to know not to mess with Cyrus when she doesn't know he's the one who gave the info to Peter? And when/if he does tell her, his big retaliation is to give her the means to fix the mess. And why wouldn't he try to use the info to get her to tell him where his mom is first? Dumb, dumb. And Jackie is ridiculous sniping about the test when she was the one who decided to say everything. And where did Gregory go anyway?

Shut up Carly.

I like Valentin okay but he's on a bit too much, like yesterday with Britt.

The Sam/Dante scenes had pretty much zero depth, KMo was flat (not as flat as usual but I know she can be more emotional than that) and so was DZ besides when he was crouching down. I know he can be way more intense than that. The one take pacing is making all the acting so shallow.

It was kind of the director though to have Peter on the ground so DZ wouldn't get a crick in his neck. And kudos I guess to WR for being willing to play Peter as a total wuss.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

For a few days of dramatic material I guess. I think both options are lame but at least your second scenario has some drama in it. Not only did Cyrus manipulate the results, but Finn announced he was gonna get a second test so they might as well have had him say, this plot point will be resolved soon.

And how is Jackie supposed to know not to mess with Cyrus when she doesn't know he's the one who gave the info to Peter? And when/if he does tell her, his big retaliation is to give her the means to fix the mess. And why wouldn't he try to use the info to get her to tell him where his mom is first? Dumb, dumb. And Jackie is ridiculous sniping about the test when she was the one who decided to say everything. And where did Gregory go anyway?

Shut up Carly.

I like Valentin okay but he's on a bit too much, like yesterday with Britt.

The Sam/Dante scenes had pretty much zero depth, KMo was flat (not as flat as usual but I know she can be more emotional than that) and so was DZ besides when he was crouching down. I know he can be way more intense than that. The one take pacing is making all the acting so shallow.

It was kind of the director though to have Peter on the ground so DZ wouldn't get a crick in his neck. And kudos I guess to WR for being willing to play Peter as a total wuss.

They seem to be chem testing Valentin with every available female on the show. He’s the new knight and shinning armor. I’m not mad about it since I like the actor but he’s everywhere & with everyone. He’s rescuing Alexis, Britt, Nina & now Brook Lynn left and right. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I enjoyed watching Peter stumble and fall backwards over Nathan's headstone. I would prefer that he fall and shatter his skull on that headstone, or as he's on the ground, a tiny earthquake somehow causes Nathan's headstone to move and crush Peter's face or critically injure one of his organs (I'm not picky).

Can you imagine the hilarity of Leisl going around telling anyone who will listen that her Nathan was so amazing he was able to see who Peter for who he really was and killed him from beyond the grave (to protect Maxie and little James, of course)?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
On 3/17/2021 at 10:38 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

He wasn't joking. He was irritated that Cam had called him out on his serial killer past and treated him like he didn't trust him, instead of just unconditionally adoring and accepting him and believing he was a terrific partner for Elizabeth like Jake and Aiden did. 

I remember he sang a song with his brothers for their mother and Franco - soon after Laura had a talk with him where she more or less pressured him to be a good example for his brothers and think of his mother's happiness.  The "our dad" line sounded very forced.

Cameron had accepted that Franco was Elizabeth's husband and their stepdad. He was so upset because he felt guilty about being kidnapped, that Franco stepped up to take his place, and in doing so his mom lost her beloved husband and his little brothers lost the father figure they adored.

I agree with you that Ric was not more of a father figure than Drew or Franco (he's just the one who is still alive.) I don't think the audience saw him much with the boys; it was more Elizabeth mentioning Ric spending time with her boys/the family off-screen.

No.

I was stunned to see how much he's grown up!! 

I assume we're supposed to fanwank that Cam looks like Elizabeth's mother, since we've never seen the woman or even heard her name.

The toddler who came back as 8-year-old Jake couldn't act; Hudson West has done a great job in his scenes with Webber brothers actors and Becky Herbst and Billy Miller in the past. I liked his scenes with Herbst and the two boys today as well.

So true!!  

Yes!!  it must be tough acting those scenes considering they didn't act on screen with Howarth for all of 2020. I think the last time I saw Jake (very briefly) with Franco was Christmas 2019, which was right after Franco no longer believed himself to be "Drew," and the last time I recall that Aiden was around Franco was while Franco was a patient at GH with Drew's memories, saying "I don't remember you" don't remember baking/recipes, etc. to him. 

I loved seeing Laura embrace/comfort Elizabeth, loved Elizabeth embracing her boys and the boys interacting with each other, and Luke's grandson calling Scott "grandpa." Gotta love the irony!  Long-ago first loves Laura and Scott being the supportive in-laws and grandparents to this family was great. 

I wanted both Monica and Ava to materialize out of thin air during Carly's "the family I have left" line, and simultaneously slap her across the face. Those ladies know about loss of family. 

The only relatives Ava has left are her daughter Avery (yes, what a horror that Ava's only living child is in her home while you, Carly, can spend time with your three children), and her late brother's kids, Sam and Lucas. Ava doesn't have a relationship with either of them. Carly wailing that she has to be strong because she is a mother and has a business to run made me roll my eyes. Focusing on her toddler or Joss's life and running the Metrocourt.....is not how she has been spending her time since Sonny disappeared. Just ask Michael or Nina!!

I can't even count how many losses Monica has suffered in her family at this point.  To quote her once in a hospital scene when Carly was having a self-absorbed moment in front of Monica:"Pffft! You want to compare losses?!" and then walked away from Carly in disgust.

Some tech savvy person - please post that scene so I can play it over and over again!

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Per Danny, she's still loudly sobbing at night when the kids are supposed to be asleep. Most people would cry silently at this point but Sam is so devastated at losing Jason.

Sam is out from under Jason's thumb which seems to have made some people (me) happy. Can't have that! She sobs uncontrollably at night because of Jason. Enjoy!

So is BL going to use the baby to get ELQ back from Valentin. Michael refused to use Wylie to do it and we know that on this show the men usually come out smelling like roses while the women who aren't Carly and Joss tend to stink like a landfill.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It doesn't seem to me like she believes fathers don't matter. She has a relationship with Ned. I think she wants to make the decisions about her child's life and is terrified at the prospect of losing that/compromising with someone she doesn't know if she can trust since this is a ONS baby with a guy who does not have a good relationship with her family.

But, he's the father.  the time to worry about if she could trust him was before the one night stand.  Valentin has every right to be a part of his child's life and the decision making

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Can you imagine the hilarity of Leisl going around telling anyone who will listen that her Nathan was so amazing he was able to see who Peter for who he really was and killed him from beyond the grave (to protect Maxie and little James, of course)?

that would actually be awesome.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sam is out from under Jason's thumb which seems to have made some people (me) happy. Can't have that! She sobs uncontrollably at night because of Jason. Enjoy!

So is BL going to use the baby to get ELQ back from Valentin. Michael refused to use Wylie to do it and we know that on this show the men usually come out smelling like roses while the women who aren't Carly and Joss tend to stink like a landfill.

I'm sure she is but its a total quartermaine thing to do.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Artsda said:

Sam should have let Dante shoot.

Ugh, so disappointing, even though it was so obvious Sam was going to stop Dante. The two of them are pretty boring. Their pairing feels kind of forced, even as I appreciate the show going (relatively) slow with pairing them. I don't see much chemistry between DZ and KeMo. 

12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I did like how Elizabeth got in the dig/reminder to Carly that Franco had helped her get out of Ferncliff. I'm all for any remark that irritates Carly!!

I'm amazed the writers remembered that.

12 hours ago, ulkis said:

And why wouldn't he try to use the info to get her to tell him where his mom is first?

I don't think Jackie knows where Cyrus's mother is. Didn't Jason move her after the interview? I don't think Carly even knows these days.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was shocked yet not how quickly Carly was like, "I too am a widow!" to deflect Liz's emotional state.  I'm surprised she didn't mention how she boned Franco first and really drive home how it's all about her.

"If I hadn't broken up with Franco in the first place, I'D be the one mourning him now...while I also mourned Sonny because I was married to him a million times!  So, really, I'M the wronged party here."

• LOL 9
13 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I enjoyed watching Peter stumble and fall backwards over Nathan's headstone.

I don't think the headstone (headplastic?) should have moved when he fell over it, lol.

I'm appalled at how they stand inches away from the headstone, on top of the grave.  Sure it's a fake studio graveyard, but show some respect.  If one needs to leave coins or brush off fallen leaves, sure, but otherwise, quit standing on the grave.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Jackie knows where Cyrus's mother is. Didn't Jason move her after the interview? I don't think Carly even knows these days.

She said they probably moved her, but she doesn't know for sure and in any case Cyrus wants to know at the very least where Jackie was with her.

Nina - memorial is over, (basically), asks Jax to come with her, Jax says no Carly neeeedsss me. Nina loses her temper and Carly (for weeks now) has been SCREW NINA AND RUINING SONNY'S DEAD DAY FOR ME. I AM A WIDOW, YOU SHOULD BOW BEFORE ME AND MOURN WITH ME. YOU STUPID SELFISH COW, NELLE IS EVIL AND NOW I AM TAKING WILEY FROM YOU. 

Carly - sees Elizabeth clearly upset and emotional, can't even take the three seconds to be like " you know. you had a HORRIBLE day because you just had a memorial over your husband, I'll come back later" - oh no. let's badger Elizabeth, let her go through retelling how she actually found her husband shot dead by someone she thinks who killed him, and relive that horrible moment again. 

Like. come on Show. Come on! And the thing is - both Nina and Carly were "right"  to do what they did because Nina heard (the truth) and Carly. (even though she's jason rabbid) is actually doing the right thing because Elizabeth is wrong.  But three weeks ago Carly tore (and has been tearing) Nina a new one for doing what she did. but Carly is perfectly okay in doing what she's doing? Why? because she'snot at the gravesite? 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly. (even though she's jason rabbid) is actually doing the right thing because Elizabeth is wrong. 

Why is Carly doing the right thing here? And what is the right thing, haranguing Elizabeth because she thinks Jason is guilty? If he'd been arrested because of what Elizabeth told the PCPD, that would be one thing, but Carly herself said it was the witness (whom we know is Gladys) who got him pinched. There was absolutely no reason for her to go to Elizabeth's house except Carly's own outrage. And wanting to yell at someone because she is still upset about her idiot amnesiac husband being "dead."

Carly can take a giant seat and STFU.

• Love 9
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Why is Carly doing the right thing here? And what is the right thing, haranguing Elizabeth because she thinks Jason is guilty? If he'd been arrested because of what Elizabeth told the PCPD, that would be one thing, but Carly herself said it was the witness (whom we know is Gladys) who got him pinched. There was absolutely no reason for her to go to Elizabeth's house except Carly's own outrage. And wanting to yell at someone because she is still upset about her idiot amnesiac husband being "dead."

Well, the "right" thing. (i'll correct that). and for 100 percent i am with you on there, that Carly needs to shut all the eff's up. 

But more "right" because we KNOW Jason is innocent (still can't believe this show is making me defend that stupid murdering robot).  Carly (in some aspects) was basically saying you know Jason take a moment to think if he'd actually do it  that's the part more i am focused on. Most people (Elizabeth herself) would have done the same thing (though MOST people would have waited until you know NOT the evening of he memorial). This doesn't change the aspect of the "Witness" but just asking Elizabeth to make sure that she's sure it was Jason (and not just based off Franco's stupid "Hey if i turn evil, shoot me" deal. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If he'd been arrested because of what Elizabeth told the PCPD, that would be one thing, but Carly herself said it was the witness (whom we know is Gladys) who got him pinched. There was absolutely no reason for her to go to Elizabeth's house except Carly's own outrage. And wanting to yell at someone because she is still upset about her idiot amnesiac husband being "dead."

Her sense of entitlement is deeper than the Marianas Trench.  In a town full of hypocrites, she may be the worst.  No one can blink too hard at her without her getting enraged, but she can storm around town telling people off under the guise of "telling them what they need to hear."

And, let me add, IF LW is the reason LWB still has a job, she can take a giant seat, too.  The show doesn't owe her boyfriend a job as a condition of her employment. 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

During the excruciating Sonny scenes, I amused myself by thinking that when most of PC sees that Invader "scoop" about Jackie/Finn/etc., they're all saying, "Who are these people?" Heh.

Good point. Is Jackie supposed to be some famous reporter? Otherwise, I don’t know why anyone outside their immediate family would even care.

22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Peter is a coward. There is nothing else to say about this guy. He sashays around and talks down to people, but when the chips fall, he is wimpy and such a fucking coward. This douchenozzle is the furthest thing from brave. 

The character has become ridiculous, and the acting has become ridiculouser. I have defended WR in the past— for example, I thought he did a fine job in the cabin hostage scenes— but he is now so over the top. The fluttering hands and exaggerated facial expressions in this scene were laughable. I’m wondering if he knows he’s on his way out (or actually hates this material) and has made a conscious decision to go full-on ham in response. Because if he thinks this is good acting, well... I don’t know what to say.

22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It looks like Nina and Sonny see each other on Monday. The way this story has dragged, this is a surprise.

My guess is, Nina sits on the info for awhile as a way to gain leverage, somehow, over Carly. Or maybe just to torture her. No way is this show is bringing anything to a swift conclusion.

18 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

I wonder if they want to keep RH and BH together once he comes back?

I have wondered that, too. The actors work well together, and it seems to be a popular pairing, so it would make sense from that standpoint. But if it’s true that RoHo was sick of the storyline and wants to switch things up, he might not want just a variation on the same. I predict his main interactions will be with characters other than Liz and her kids, at least at first. I’m just hoping they don’t put him with Sam or Carly.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't see much chemistry between DZ and KeMo. 

Has KM ever had chemistry with anyone? Maybe Jason at first, but not for a long time. She fizzled with Jax and Lucky. And Sonny. There is absolutely nothing there with Dante. I think she’s just a black hole, and anyone who gets too close gets sucked in. Pity that DZ came back for this. I can’t imagine it’s what he had in mind.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

But three weeks ago Carly tore (and has been tearing) Nina a new one for doing what she did. but Carly is perfectly okay in doing what she's doing? Why? because she's not at the gravesite? 

Because she's Carly and the rules don't apply to her.

The only reason that Elizabeth would know that Jason didn't kill Franco is that he would have covered it up better if he had done it. That's it. Jason is a killer through and through and only holds back for Carly and her children but not for his own. When Elizabeth went to Jason, her former lover and the father of her child and begged him not to kill her husband, he wouldn't promise her that he wouldn't. Can you imagine how Jake would feel finding out that his father murdered the stepfather he loves and who helped him get through his trauma? 

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can see Ned trying it. Valentine would have to be crazy to hand over ELQ in exchange for a say in the baby's life. His legal position is very strong and he just offered BL a job at ELQ which is more support than Ned gave her.

Ugh, so disappointing, even though it was so obvious Sam was going to stop Dante. The two of them are pretty boring. Their pairing feels kind of forced, even as I appreciate the show going (relatively) slow with pairing them. I don't see much chemistry between DZ and KeMo.

Their pairing is totally forced, they're together because he's the only unattached man on the show and they need someplace to park Sam until she goes back to Jason. Can't let the audience get attached to them but let's not remind them that Kristina is a sister to both either.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The only reason that Elizabeth would know that Jason didn't kill Franco is that he would have covered it up better if he had done it. That's it.

100%. Jason doesn’t care that the mother of his child plus said child love this man. He couldn’t give two shits about that. But yes, once Elizabeth starts to see more clearly she will realize Jason would never have been so sloppy, plus he did call 911 for probably the first time in his life. 

26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Valentine would have to be crazy to hand over ELQ in exchange for a say in the baby's life.

That would be ridiculous given that he’s the dad and he’s allowed to be in the baby’s life, actually he is required to be whether he wants to or not(hello child support). How stupid does Brooklyn think Valentin is??  He’s not Sonny. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

That would be ridiculous given that he’s the dad and he’s allowed to be in the baby’s life, actually he is required to be whether he wants to or not(hello child support). How stupid does Brooklyn think Valentin is??  He’s not Sonny. 

I think after Brooklyn heard that Valentin was offering to give back ELQ if Michael would only allow Nina to see Wylie, she realized that he may do it as well in order to have a relationship with this child. I don't think that she had any real plan concerning this pregnancy but seeing how Val was actually happy to see her and offered her way to get back into Deception, she might think that she has some leverage. Not legally of course.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Their pairing is totally forced, they're together because he's the only unattached man on the show and they need someplace to park Sam until she goes back to Jason. Can't let the audience get attached to them but let's not remind them that Kristina is a sister to both either.

I don't mind the pairing as much as others. As long as Sam is away from Jason, she can be paired with a stop sign for all I care.

But at this point, PC has become so incestuous that it's a wonder brothers and sisters haven't gotten together, although it did come close for Nathan and Britt. 

I'm pretty sure that trying to detangle the family trees will turn out to be a very disturbing and gross exercise. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Has KM ever had chemistry with anyone? Maybe Jason at first, but not for a long time. She fizzled with Jax and Lucky. And Sonny. There is absolutely nothing there with Dante. I think she’s just a black hole, and anyone who gets too close gets sucked in. Pity that DZ came back for this. I can’t imagine it’s what he had in mind.

Yes, IMO. I think her and Burton have had chemistry. I don't know what happened with this recent return (whether it's simply that they both weren't into it any more) but it's only with this last go round that I've seen very little chemistry with them. KM had chemistry with ME both on the show PC and here, especially when he was playing John. I LOVED her pairing with Lucky and was bummed they ended it so fast. I wouldn't say they fizzled. I don't remember why they broke up, whether that was because he was going back to Liz or she was going back to Jason, or some other reason. I think she was great with BM as well. That's not to mention her non-romantic pairings where she's had chemistry with a lot of people, especially her sisters and mother.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Can't let the audience get attached to them but let's not remind them that Kristina is a sister to both either.

They actually haven't shied away from that. It's not something brought up all the time, but one of their first scenes together they basically talked about all the people they're both connected to including their half-brother Leo and half-sister Kristina. And, honestly, it's a little weird, but they're not blood related and, certainly weren't raised together as family, so really it's not that big a deal.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

.....and, Leo is brother to both!

They are calling them incest adjacent on twitter. I personally do not see much there and I think Kelly is clearly more than happy to be away from Burton. Therefore I can’t get a good grasp since I don’t think she was trying much with Steve in the first place. Nothing will ever excite me with Sam ever again. The character needed to be rested after her last few years imo. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

made a conscious decision to go full-on ham

I kind of appreciate that he's leaning into mustache-twirling villainy. Peter is such a ridiculous character at this point that he may as well go full cheese.

The only reason that Elizabeth would know that Jason didn't kill Franco is that he would have covered it up better if he had done it.

I wrote earlier that I thought Elizabeth, deep down, does know Jason didn't kill Franco. But she needs someone to blame, and Jason was conveniently standing over Franco's body. It's just way too soon for her to be thinking rationally, and Carly coming over to yell at her is only going to make Elizabeth dig in her heels, which she did.

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Valentine would have to be crazy to hand over ELQ in exchange for a say in the baby's life.

Not to mention BL has not exactly kept the paternity of her baby a secret. Ned and Olivia would lie for her, but I'm not so sure Michael would. He's on his moral high horse about lying these days, even if the person being lied to is Valentin.

• Love 1

I thought KeMo and ME had chemistry on PC but honestly, I think it was more the story than either actor.  That said, I don't mind Sam with Dante because they both bore me right now.  Maybe Sam needs to embrace her Cassadine heritage?  But then I think I liked Livvie because she reminded me of a young Erica Kane, once upon a time.  

This is the longest I've watched in years (almost 2 months now) so the show is doing something right.  Hopefully there will be enough going on to balance out the ick when Sonny comes back full-time. 

• Love 1

I thought there was chemistry with KM and BM. but when Burton came back and she realized that she was stuck with him again, she just gave up trying.

Did Valentin offer to return ELQ to Michael in exchange for Nina's access to Wylie?  I thought he only said that he would return the voting shares of Scout and Danny. Valentin would still be around and involved in the company.

32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wrote earlier that I thought Elizabeth, deep down, does know Jason didn't kill Franco. But she needs someone to blame, and Jason was conveniently standing over Franco's body. It's just way too soon for her to be thinking rationally, and Carly coming over to yell at her is only going to make Elizabeth dig in her heels, which she did.

She needs to believe that Jason didn't kill Franco because the idea that her son's father killed Franco would be too much to bear. It's also a place to park her anger because she knows someone killed him and Jason is the only suspect. And because Jason refused to tell her that he would not kill Franco. Natural consequences.

Carly is a short-sighted idiot with no empathy.

• Love 4

If Brook Lynn is smart (big if, I know), she'll realize her child with Valenin could inherit ELQ through Valentin instead of Michael and from him, Wylie. And quite frankly, I'd much rather have Ned in charge of ELQ instead of Michael. Michael is an idiot. I could see her making some of deal with Valentin whereby her father/she/her child has a part of ELQ.

Is Peter supposed to be evil? A complete wuss? Because honestly, I can't figure it out.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

PC has become so incestuous that it's a wonder brothers and sisters haven't gotten together,

MIchael has it the worst.  He's related to everyone in town except the Scorpio/Jones family tree. 

Carly coming over to yell

Other than the show wanting to give Carly more scenes, what was the point of Carly harrassing Liz,  Even if Liz went to Jordan and recanted her story, there was still, allegedly, an eye witness against Jason.  But who can't wait for Carly to find out Gladys is that eye witness.  Man, the yelling is going to be off the charts on that day.  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I thought he only said that he would return the voting shares of Scout and Danny. Valentin would still be around and involved in the company.

I thought he said by giving MIchael the voting shares that means Michael has the majority, which I took to mean he'd be able to call the shots and kick Valentin out.  

I think Kelly has had chemistry with a lot of her costars. I absolutely loved Sam with Jason in the beginning. Both Kelly and Steve were really good during the whole Baby Lila story. She’s was also good paired with Lucky and BM’s Jason. I even liked her with Patrick. Just the last couple of years she’s changed a lot. I know Kelly has had health issues and pair that with potential storyline unhappiness and she’s been a bit of a mess. She’s kind of coming back to life with the Dante storyline though. Poor Dante, he was so confused. 

• Love 3

I thought it was funny how Carly gave Nina hell for yelling and disturbing Sonny’s funeral thus upsetting Carly. Of course, Carly had no problem barging over to Elisabeth’s house and yelling at her when Elizabeth just buried Franco (Did I miss the actual funeral?). Yes, Carly we all bow to you. It’s so odd that Carly doesn’t have any girlfriends. Shocking!!!!

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

They could try him with me......

Are you okay if you’re only a recurring character? We aren’t offering contracts right now with budgets cuts and such. Well, you know.....

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I thought he said by giving MIchael the voting shares that means Michael has the majority, which I took to mean he'd be able to call the shots and kick Valentin out.  

Valentin still owns a sizable porting of the stock that he purchased from Brook Lynn and various other family members, 40 or 45%. Danny's and Scout's proxies is the swing vote but even if Michael becomes the new CEO, Valentin will still have a sizable say in how the company is run..

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Is Jackie supposed to be some famous reporter? Otherwise, I don’t know why anyone outside their immediate family would even care.

[...]

Has KM ever had chemistry with anyone? 

As was mentioned when Jackie came back to the show, and has been mentioned quite a few times since, yes, Jackie is a world-famous journalist. That's why Lulu was so OMG! about meeting her and why Peter wanted her to work for him. But she was like yeah, no, I'll write a story but I call my own shots and he had no choice but to agree if he wanted the name Jackie Templeton associated with his paper.

As for KeMo, as others have stated, yes, she does. She and ME really worked as Sam and John McBain. Not so much in the case for her and when he played Silas (although I still liked them.) They still had chemistry, but really the story for them was just not good at all, but the chemistry never faltered. 

Edited by driver18
  • Love 3

It is interesting to see why they got rid of ER. They really wanted to unleash DZ and have him be more dangerous and rough looking. I don’t know if it was he or the writers who wanted the full 180 on Dante and felt that LuLu would just get in his way to return in the role. The TPTB seem to be full leather jackets ahead with the pairing of Dante & Sam. They look good together with their dark hair and leather jackets. Their chemistry isn’t horrible. I will agree that KM really did have the best chemistry with ME. They were super popular on Port Charles and when he joint GH as John McBain. Maybe, a little less so as Silas. By that time SB had returned and they HAD to put Jason & Sam back together. After, Billy Miller left and/or was fired it seemed she wanted out of the Jason universe. I guess time will tell if Dante & Sam have legs. After, Friday’s show it looks like the show is going to try hard to find out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It is interesting to see why they got rid of ER. They really wanted to unleash DZ and have him be more dangerous and rough looking. I don’t know if it was he or the writers who wanted the full 180 on Dante and felt that LuLu would just get in his way to return in the role. The TPTB seem to be full leather jackets ahead with the pairing of Dante & Sam. They look good together with their dark hair and leather jackets. Their chemistry isn’t horrible. I will agree that KM really did have the best chemistry with ME. They were super popular on Port Charles and when he joint GH as John McBain. Maybe, a little less so as Silas. By that time SB had returned and they HAD to put Jason & Sam back together. After, Billy Miller left and/or was fired it seemed she wanted out of the Jason universe. I guess time will tell if Dante & Sam have legs. After, Friday’s show it looks like the show is going to try hard to find out. 

I don't know how long this Dante thing will last. And Finn is no longer attached to Anna....

3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don't know how long this Dante thing will last. And Finn is no longer attached to Anna....

I did wonder about. It looks like Finn & Anna made a clean break & Finn is free. Now, the show might try to force him & Jackie together which doesn’t seem good to me since I don’t think they have any chemistry together. I seem to think the show might think pairing Easton & Monaaco again might be too much. That said, now that he is free they might pair him with Alexis....maybe.....kind of.....Time will tell. 

• Love 2
On 3/19/2021 at 5:43 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

The town bully is what she is.  She'll play the grieving widow, who no one can say 'boo' to, until Sonny re-appears, but it's perfectly acceptable to her to go steamroll Elizabeth.  A house should fall on her.  

Yes!  Who remembers when Alan made a house fall on Monica?  More please, but this time with Snarly SheBeast as the victim.  Maybe her mop of hair will cushion the blow.

• Love 3

For the better part of one episode, we got Carly written as an arguably sympathetic character during her brief breakdown with Jason. Of course, that then comes to a screeching halt when she accosts Elizabeth, so we’re back to normal. Those scenes were dangerously close to Elizabeth figuratively kneeling and kissing Carly’s ring, but fortunately she managed to get out a comment that she wasn’t going to perjure herself before (FINALLY) showing Carly the door. And the twice-used “hysterical” is one of the last words I’d use to describe Elizabeth in the wake of Franco’s death. 

I was ambivalent about AS/Brooklyn/Brook Lynn’s return but thought her scenes were pretty good, particularly with Ned. She and Michael had a fair amount of friendly familial chemistry too. Her pregnancy has some decent soap potential.

I thought they’d abandoned the mission but it came back with a vengeance late last week; alas, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree as Dante tried to talk Peter to death while holding a gun on him.

Nina’s showing up at the Tan-O has the potential to redeem that whole thing. While I hope she holds Mike’s identity hostage, I’d take some truth-telling (“why in the hell hasn’t anyone made even the slightest attempt to find his identity?”).

Last week’s drinking game: take a shot when Peter whisper-growls “lies,” two when he over-emphasizes the “L.”

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

Nina’s showing up at the Tan-O has the potential to redeem that whole thing. While I hope she holds Mike’s identity hostage, I’d take some truth-telling (“why in the hell hasn’t anyone made even the slightest attempt to find his identity?”).

Well, the cop did run ‘Mike’s’ prints but supposedly they weren’t in the system. What system you might ask? Probably the local jurisdiction since Sonny’s prints would definitely be on file with any national database. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Well, the cop did run ‘Mike’s’ prints but supposedly they weren’t in the system.

Really?! Good grief. That's one of the dumbest things ever on this show, which is saying a lot. There's no way Sonny's prints wouldn't immediately pop up. Did his time in the river remove his fingerprints? 

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Well, the cop did run ‘Mike’s’ prints but supposedly they weren’t in the system. What system you might ask? Probably the local jurisdiction since Sonny’s prints would definitely be on file with any national database. 

How is that possible?  He's been in prison.  I would say maybe he burned them off, but then they would have been like, you don't have prints.  they've been burned off.  that's not suspicious at all.  Or maybe someone knows something and they deleted his prints, or switched them out with somebody else's to make sure he stayed gone.  In a world where pretty much every paternity test is tampered with, I don't see why we should put faith in a fingerprint check.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Katy M said:

In a world where pretty much every paternity test is tampered with, I don't see why we should put faith in a fingerprint check.

LOL. Though given the grudge that local cop has against "Mike," you'd think he'd have run an exhaustive search. Maybe that police budget doesn't allow it. Heh.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I'm sure he mailed them to Washington D.C. but Jughead at the local post office is off on a fishing trip right now and hasn't gotten them out to the EFF BEE EYE.

I mean, Sonny's living in the 1960's now, right?

• LOL 7