Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Is it possible that Franco could come back as . . . wait for it . . . DREW!  He already has his memories.  And Drew loved both Elizabeth and Sam - now that would be some triangle.

He could come back as Franco's long lost twin! What a twist to the Jason/Drew/Franco story! I shouldn't suggest that, should I?

I hope if Franco's death was somehow faked that Elizabeth knew about it. Did he say he was guilty about something a couple of years ago so he and Jordon could trap the real person (Ryan?), and Elizabeth didn't know it was all a ruse? He could not, would not lie to her again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Here it is. RoHo is taking a break, which probably means that Elizabeth and the boys think he's really dead and will grieve. 

The "chapter" quote makes me think Franco is dead and Elizabeth and her boys will grieve, then Howarth will return as either Todd or a new character, like when Geary played Luke's cousin Bill while Luke wasn't on the show. Did Heather Webber have a sibling with a son, or did Scott Baldwin have a sibling with a son, for a Franco look-alike cousin to appear in Port Charles?

17 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Also, if they were planning to kill off Franco and bring RH back as another character, then I would have expected the producers could have written Franco's death to be much more dramatic than having his last scene be with god awful Peter. He could have at least survived until the hospital and where Cam could goodbye. Poor Cam. 

You give this Show way too much credit.

17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think Maxie finally believes Heinrik did those things, otherwise why apologize to Sam and Jar Jar Binks? She wasn't defending him.

Yeah it seems like now that she's had some time to absorb all the accusations and remembers moments with Peter when she was skeptical, it fits. The most recent moment was she gave Peter some push back after he published Franco's medical records and Dante was critically injured and Elizabeth's family suffered as a result. He unapologetically/coldly blew her off with "the public has a right to know" and "Dante's going to be fine."

17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd, is Todd coming back to town?

I think either Todd or someone related to Scott or Heather.

15 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Valentin standing guard in front of Maxie's door, acting as if he gives a shit about Maxie, is laughable. Almost as laughable as him insisting Peter needs to be "brought to justice" 

He doesn't care about Maxie, but Anna loves Maxie and it seems like Valentin is kinda still carrying a torch for Anna.  Alexis cared about her former son-in-law Drew, and Drew was the father of her granddaughter. So, I think this is more about being protective of the people who matter to him.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

, I don’t see much of a difference between Franco and Jason other than Franco is/was an active parent and Jason isn’t.

Come on now, Franco was a "great artist" according to Ava, Elizabeth, and people in the art world Ava knows. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The "chapter" quote makes me think Franco is dead and Elizabeth and her boys will grieve, then Howarth will return as either Todd or a new character, like when Geary played Luke's cousin Bill while Luke wasn't on the show. Did Heather Webber have a sibling with a son, or did Scott Baldwin have a sibling with a son, for a Franco look-alike cousin to appear in Port Charles?

There is always Steven Webber. That way the actors can still interact.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think either Todd or someone related to Scott or Heather.

This reminds me that Heather was lowkey brought up a week or two ago. She wrote Ryan a fan letter.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He'll do something to Jackie before his mom, I think.

I wish! I had no feelings about Jackie before she arrived a few months ago  but I find nothing likable or admirable about her now.

40 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Would they bring RoHo back as Elizabeth's brother though? 

<vomit icon>

There was genuine chemistry between RoHo's Franco and Liz. Bringing him hack as her brother is deeply disturbing.

Even if Jason had run instead of calling 911, Liz saw him bending over dying Franco and would tell the police. And it would look very bad if St. Jaysus ran off as the innocent stepfather of his son was dying.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wish! I had no feelings about Jackie before she arrived a few months ago  but I find nothing likable or admirable about her now.

<vomit icon>

There was genuine chemistry between RoHo's Franco and Liz. Bringing him hack as her brother is deeply disturbing.

Even if Jason had run instead of calling 911, Liz saw him bending over dying Franco and would tell the police. And it would look very bad if St. Jaysus ran off as the innocent stepfather of his son was dying.

Innocent? He threatened to torture a man into giving a worthless confession.

• Love 2

Does GH have the rights to the Todd Character? (wasn't this the reason Howarth, Alderson. and Easton had to change their identiies because the project park people got ticked that they killed Starr's husband and baby)?  It will be interesting. I remember reading from interviews that Howarth really hated playing Todd (due to the rape on Marty) but when he came back , they made him Todd + St John his twin brother. a GHTuber was saying that maybe Howarth was tired of also playing soccer dad Franco 

(which seriously they missed a Golden opportunity to just make Howarth play Peter).

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Does GH have the rights to the Todd Character? (wasn't this the reason Howarth, Alderson. and Easton had to change their identiies because the project park people got ticked that they killed Starr's husband and baby)?  It will be interesting. I remember reading from interviews that Howarth really hated playing Todd (due to the rape on Marty) but when he came back , they made him Todd + St John his twin brother. a GHTuber was saying that maybe Howarth was tired of also playing soccer dad Franco 

(which seriously they missed a Golden opportunity to just make Howarth play Peter).

I think OLTL is officially dead now, though, so I think GH wold be allowed to use the characters.  But, I don't think they should keep rotating same actor/different character.  It's one thing if the actor has been off the canvas for a while.  Or, if it's the dreaded evil twin.  but, it just seems weird for the entire town to start treating character A as Character B a few days later.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I think after Prospect Park folded, the OLTL characters became fair game. They’ve had Nora on the show a couple times. 

• Love 1
Just now, ffwbe said:

I think after Prospect Park folded, the OLTL characters became fair game. They’ve had Nora on the show a couple times. 

thanks for this.

10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think OLTL is officially dead now, though, so I think GH wold be allowed to use the characters.  But, I don't think they should keep rotating same actor/different character.  It's one thing if the actor has been off the canvas for a while.  Or, if it's the dreaded evil twin.  but, it just seems weird for the entire town to start treating character A as Character B a few days later.

i agree. it would be way too jarring. 

will be interesting to seee what they do though

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

But good lord, charge him?

He wasn;t charged, he was brought in for questioning.  Liz told Jordan about Franco asking Jason to kill him if things got out of hand.  That's pretty damning.  

Diane should have demanded a gun residue test to prove Jason's innocence.  

• Love 4

Still indifferent to Franco but BH, KS, and WL killed their scenes today. I also appreciate that they had Laura comfort Liz and be the one to break the news to Scott. 

The Carly/Joss scenes were unnecessary today and just took away from the rest of the show. Sonny was too but I got a 2 week break from him so I’m counting my blessings there. Carly hasn’t shown she’s grieving enough for me to care that about her struggles and it was especially weird to juxtapose that with Liz. I don’t know why Joss is giving advice and never need to be reminded about Oscar again. Joss also has tendency to make everything about herself. 

• Love 7

Sonny in a hoodie and leather jacket? LOL.

I loved Anna and Valentin actively watching Peter in Maxie's hospital room.

Another LOL at Jordan making Elizabeth do Jordan's job when it comes to the grieving wife. It was effective, but sheesh, can't Jordan do anything?!

Scott is starting to rival Monica when it comes to dead children.

3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Liz told Jordan about Franco asking Jason to kill him if things got out of hand.  That's pretty damning.  

Except Jason wouldn't call 911 and hang around after shooting Franco. That's Jordan being an idiot. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

He wasn't charged, he was brought in for questioning.  Liz told Jordan about Franco asking Jason to kill him if things got out of hand.  That's pretty damning.  

Lol, Jason was found with Franco's body and is a known mobster with a known (completely justified, but known) grudge against Franco. What did he think was going to happen?

Why are the serial murderers on this show always so put out and indignant when they are accused of murder?!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

xcept Jason wouldn't call 911 and hang around after shooting Franco.

Agreed.  Jason even said to Laura when she asked if he did it, 'you know me' which I took to mean that she should know that he wouldn't hang around.  Heck everyone there should realize that if Jason wanted Franco dead, he'd be in the Pine Barrens with Lorenzo and everyone else that has never been seen from again.  

Just now, LexieLily said:

so put out and indignant when they are accused of murder?!

Add Diane to that too.  "How dare you accuse my client, a known mob hitman with a vendetta against the victim, of killing him when he was found at the scene, with a gun, and the victim's wife gave us a motive"  

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Wonderful scenes between Franco, Cam, Scotty, and Elizabeth.  These actors (and others) can all bring it, if only they would be given more opportunities to do so. I cried.

I don’t give a shit about alterna-Sonny but since when did he become so handy?  We’ve always heard how he’s such a good cook, but I’ve never seen him so much as change a lightbulb, now all of a sudden he’s this jack of all trades.  Sure, Jan.

I can not be any more over Peter.  Kill him off, put him in jail, let him escape, whatever.  Just make him go away.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Good news if true. You can come back now, @lala2! 😀

Thank you 🙂

I didn't watch today. I read the live thread on Soapcentral, and it just seemed so sad. As you said, if Franco is truly dead and won't magically return, then they - IMO - ruined the most realistic, natural, cute family on the show. The Friz family dynamic just worked, and it worked well, IMO. Franco helped each of Liz's boys w/their own issues. He saved Cameron's life w/Shiloh. He accepted all her boys as his and was trying to get money for them for college, etc.  He was a true dad to them. Friz, the couple, was so cute. They've been through so much, and the actors have such great chemistry! I also loved that Franco loved Elizabeth. He didn't have eyes for anyone else. I honestly don't know why they would do this just to bring Roger back as someone else! It makes no sense. Why bust up Friz?  

I agree w/ @statsgirl in saying that Franco not really being dead after such a massive injury is overplayed, but bringing RoHo back as a new character is lame too. I would have just kept him as Franco. The character has been on the show for 7-8 years. He has plenty of fans (Franco was trending on Twitter yesterday), and a lot of ppl loved him w/Liz and her boys. I don't understand the thinking. 

I also can't move past Peter being the one to shoot him! Peter is such a trash character!! When is he going to die or go to jail? PLP/LWB has got to go! 

The Cameron/Franco scene sounds very sweet though. I read that it was really good, and the actors did a great job. I really like WL. I thought he did a great job when Liz told him Dev was dead, so I'm not shocked to hear he did a good job upon learning about Franco's death. Ugh . . . this is all so depressing and sad. I really don't want to see ppl mourning Franco esp if he's not really dead. (I'm still foolishly holding out hope that he isn't). I also don't want to see this Jason nonsense or Carly getting up in Liz's face! 

I'm just rambling at this point, but thanks again for looking out 🙂 I hope you all enjoyed the show!! 

• Love 4

Oh, man, Cam. I honestly don't care that Franco is dead; I've journeyed through absolutely hating the character to begrudgingly accepting his place on the show, and now I'm indifferent at his death. What I DO care about is watching Cam, Liz, and Scotty getting their lives upended over this loss and having to face a future without Franco in it. After years of painstakingly cobbling this family unit Franco has been thoroughly sold as the glue keeping everyone together, and it really is sad seeing their devastation at knowing he's gone.

Ugh, here goes Joss, already making parallels between her/Sonny and Cam/Franco. And yeah, I guess there's a vague point to that comparison, but maybe focus on how to be there for Cam and not yourself, Carly Jr? Trina better show up soon to be the compassionate friend Cam's going to need 'cause Joss ain't it.

I'm kind of glad that Sonny was back on today, because he's a dumb distraction from the Franco sadness and the infuriating Peter escapades. Sonny's Mike's just content to bus tables at the Tann-o without even the slightest urgency to find out his true identity and that's stupid as fuck, but it's garden-variety stupidity and it doesn't make me nearly so mad as watching Peter brazenly commit crimes and get away with every. single. one. Dude's zipped right up next to Carly on my most hated character list and I can't stand how he's consuming so much of the show right now. Dude needs to GO.

• Love 3

I honestly don't know why they would do this just to bring Roger back as someone else! It makes no sense. Why bust up Friz?

Because unless they had been demoted to minimal airtime there wasn't much left to do with them. I would bet anything Roho complained.

At least Scott and Liz have each other; I think Scott will keep on being family.

Edited by ulkis
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I am watching and I'll have more thoughts later. 
But all I have to say is the second Peter said take James + Lou  and leave Georgie, Maxie should have shot that down. 

• Love 4

I watched today's episode very distractedly, but has the show ever been this bleak? And I'm not talking about mob wars and stuff. It just seems like it's one character after the other dying. Didn't we just go through Dustin, Dev and Mike? I didn't care about any of them, but I'm just a bit tired of watching people in constant mourning.

So about this whole Franco business, I'm not even sure what to think about the show killing off Franco to possibly bring RH as another character. Why? What's the reasoning behind it?

I like how Joss managed to make Franco's death about herself. I'm glad she wasn't with Cameron when she unlocked that achievement. 

Poor Scott. I actually wondered yesterday if they would bring up his two other dead kids. But there will be no room for his grief. I have to say that I chuckled when I heard him yelling about Jason whenever the door of the interrogation room opened.

Jordan and everyone who thinks Jason might have done it is pretty stupid. Jason doesn't tend to stick around after he killed someone. That's why his ass isn't rotting away in some jail cell. He leaves no evidence behind.

So Sonny is apparently living his "best" life. I'm sure fairy godmother Sonny will solve all of Phyllis and Lenny's problems. Like they have no idea how a pawn shop owner does. I'm so glad Sonny was there to school them on it! So very glad! Otherwise poor bumbling fools that they are would have pawned off Phyllis's wedding china. Also, who keeps their wedding china behind the counter of a bar. 

I like how Mac is telling everyone in Maxie's room, including Peter, that Jason is being held as a person of interest in Franco's murder. Seriously. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5

What is Maxie hooked up to that we hear that swooshing sound?

4 minutes ago, Linny said:

Mike's just content to bus tables at the Tann-o without even the slightest urgency to find out his true identity

It's Drew all over again. "Oh, hey, my name is Mike? Okay." "Oh, hey, I'm good with guns? Okay." "Oh, hey, I know how scams work? Okay." UGH. So boring and stupid.

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, who keeps their wedding china behind the counter of a bar. 

I know. So WTF.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Fetal Monitor to check the baby's heart beat

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I like how Joss managed to make Franco's death about herself. I'm glad she wasn't with Cameron when she unlocked that achievement. 

she's so much like her mother it's disgusting

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Still indifferent to Franco but BH, KS, and WL killed their scenes today. I also appreciate that they had Laura comfort Liz and be the one to break the news to Scott. 

Me too, there was no better or more appropriate character to be there in those moments. So often things happen and we go, "Why isn't X there for this but Y is?"  So it was nice that for a change they had the proper people interacting. I won't miss Franco, I'm happy that character is gone but I did feel for Cam and Liz and Scotty. 

Liz is lashing out in her shock and grief, so I get why she isn't being rational about Jason. But nobody else, not even Jason himself, was like, "Uh, I wouldn't stick around and call the cops on myself. This ain't my first rodeo."  

5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I watched this show very distractedly, but has the show ever been this bleak? And I'm not talking about mob wars and stuff. It just seems like it's one character after the other dying. Didn't we just go through Dustin, Dev and Mike? I didn't care about any of them, but I'm just a bit tired of watching people in constant mourning.

So about this whole Franco business, I'm not even sure what to think about the show killing off Franco to possibly bring RH as another character. Why? What's the reasoning behind it?

Yeah, I don't think it's ever been this consistently bleak and depressing. It's gotten really dark, it's too much. In the last 2-3 years or so we've had Ryan come back, all of Peter's nonsense, all of Nelle's nonsense, one teen die of cancer, another teen die in an explosion, Mike slowly fade away and die, Alexis loses Neal and her life spirals, Dustin, Drew, Lulu's in a coma, the list goes on. There's no balance. No romances to get excited about or fun adventures happening. Everything is a bummer.

As for RoHo, I'm guessing the reasoning behind him coming back as someone else is boredom. He didn't want to play Franco anymore and Frank obliged.  

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Daisy said:
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Fetal Monitor to check the baby's heart beat

Thanks, @Daisy. I thought that might be it, but it was SO loud. I'm surprised they didn't have it go really fast when Peter walked into the room or Maxie said she wouldn't go with him, heh.

Just now, dubbel zout said:

Thanks, @Daisy. I thought that might be it, but it was SO loud. I'm surprised they didn't have it go really fast when Peter walked into the room or Maxie said she wouldn't go with him, heh.

No problem! my years of watching Greys Anatomy is paying off!

also - Maxie. thank you for turning him down. And I saw that side-eye you gave him when Mac was like Jason is a person of interest. 

Also Cam 😞  poor muffin. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

ike it's one character after the other dying.

Since they've been back from Covid break in August:

Aug 28th:  Nelle

Aug 31st: Neil

Sept 17th: Mike

Nov 9: Alex

Nov 23rd: Dev and Dustin

Dec 11th Dr Kirk

Dec 18th: Julian "and Sonny"

Mar 9th : Franco

and before the Covid break: March 2/20 Taggert 

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Dec 11th Dr Kirk

And except for Franco, none of these are characters I wanted to die. 

Mostly terrific episode today with the Franco and Peter storylines. I’m beginning to get annoyed with and bored with the Sonny the Best Handyman in rural America storyline and started to ff through most of it until something important seems to be happening

I‘m surprised Jason actually said a few words to defend himself at the police station. Otherwise, he was his usual Stone Cold self

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Dec 11th Dr Kirk

That's a lot, even if some of them were day players. I had even forgotten about Neil and Julian.

Before that we had Kiki, Oscar, Drew. I'm sure there's more.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He could come back as Steven Lars but that would be weird because he is Liz's brother isn't he?.  But that is the character a lot of us said he RoHo should have played in the first place.

So Treena's dad was dead and came back to life, and Joss's "step dad " is presumed dead but will soon be back and now Cam's stepdad is dead. (?) Port Charles what a place to be!

era: I see others also mentioned Steven Lars

Edited by Blackie
eta
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Before that we had Kiki, Oscar, Drew. I'm sure there's more.

Kiki was in late 2018.  

I checked 2019 and we had: Gail, Oscar, Drew, Shiloh, Cassandra Pierce, a couple of day players that Ryan killed, as well as a couple that Peter killed along with Kiefer's sister that was in the car accident with Lucas.  

I weirdly feel cheated on the Franco front. If RoHo was leaving it would be one thing, but after all this time cramming down Franco's reform down our throats, and actually making a decent relationship of Franco/Cam (I'm sick of seeing Cam miserable) and RH and BH work well together despite Franco's history, it's time wasted now to switch RH to a different character. Why did we have to spend that much time watching them try to make Franco happen just for them to go "nah" this far into it. Plus, I'd much rather Peter and several others go for real.

That said, I hate to say it, he's either going to be a Franco twin, convinced he's Drew, or Todd. I don't see them creating a new character with zero ties to Franco, but I think Todd is always on the table with ABC. 

The way Valentin can barely stand Spinelli is awesome. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Daisy said:

I hate when the show makes me defend Jason. but i mean. anyone with logic should be if Jason shot Franco why would he call 911? he would have split.

And not left a mess. 

Can’t believe I’m defending him, too...

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

Why does Maxie's makeup looked like she's been beat up? That's some horrible contouring.

Great scene with Cam/Liz today.

But I echo the fact this show is bleak as hell. I'm sick of it. I really want some FUN.

Remember when Soaps were Love in the Afternoon?
I get it's COVID but i mean. let's see some flirting, some eye-screwing. some innuendos. something. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I weirdly feel cheated on the Franco front. If RoHo was leaving it would be one thing, but after all this time cramming down Franco's reform down our throats, and actually making a decent relationship of Franco/Cam (I'm sick of seeing Cam miserable) and RH and BH work well together despite Franco's history, it's time wasted now to switch RH to a different character. Why did we have to spend that much time watching them try to make Franco happen just for them to go "nah" this far into it. Plus, I'd much rather Peter and several others go for real.

Same. Dramatically it's not a good ending, not that this show knows how to end things in a satisfying manner anyway. It shortchanges what they've been trying to sell us for years.

If it's about giving RoHo some extended time off, send Franco to Ferncliffe, as he was planning.

• Love 7
Just now, DanaMB said:

And not left a mess. 

Can’t believe I’m defending him, too...

don't you just feel dirty and wrong? I do. I'll give Elizabeth like a day but then hopefully Logic will kick in. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

That said, I hate to say it, he's either going to be a Franco twin, convinced he's Drew, or Todd. I don't see them creating a new character with zero ties to Franco, but I think Todd is always on the table with ABC. 

Michael Easton has played at least 4-5 characters on GH (John McBain, Caleb Morley (Stephen Clay), Silas Clay, and Finn Hamilton. Except for Caleb(Stephen) being brother to Silas, none of his characters actually had anything to do with one another.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Michael Easton has played at least 4-5 characters on GH (John McBain, Caleb Morley (Stephen Clay), Silas Clay, and Finn Hamilton. Except for Caleb(Stephen) being brother to Silas, none of his characters actually had anything to do with one another.

RH's Franco has been around longer than those characters (well, John existed longer on OLTL and I don't know how long Caleb lasted on Port Charles) and Franco/Liz have been far more prominent than any of ME's characters pairings and Franco has more ties to other people than ME's pre-Finn characters. Keeping RH to have no connection to Franco, unless they go the Todd route, would be more jarring. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

so put out and indignant when they are accused of murder?!

Add Diane to that too.  "How dare you accuse my client, a known mob hitman with a vendetta against the victim, of killing him when he was found at the scene, with a gun, and the victim's wife gave us a motive"  

I loathe the way other lawyers who come on as day players are treated like pond scum and yet we're supposed to be "Diane fights so hard for her clients--what a gem!"  Cannot stand her, especially her adding that "we won't be pressing charges against Mr. Baldwin."  Go to hell, Mob Mouthpiece.

Also, can't decide which deserves a bigger eyeroll today:

Lenny and "Mike" acting like Pawn Shop Guy is a BIG BAD for *doing his job* when PHYLLIS is the one who called him about selling the wedding china.

or

Carly asking Laura if she wasn't happier about Cyrus's drug not getting GH approval because "Sonny's not here to celebrate it with."  Yes, Carly, it's all about Sonny.

Oh, look, another death for Joss to make all about her.  

• Love 8

I have always loved Roger Howarth over the years, but hated that they made him Franco! That being said, Becky Herbst has always been my favorite on GH since we were both teens, so when they paired them I thought, "Well I hate it for Liz, but at this point I'll just enjoy two of my favorite actors together because nothing makes sense on this ridiculous show." So while I'm not SAD they killed Franco, I knew Becky would deliver on her scenes today and damn, she and William Lipton got to me today. I'm assuming it's Todd coming back and frankly I hope it is because I can't do RH playing yet another character. I do wonder if it's Todd what that storyline looks like, because I don't think they will immediately pair Todd and Liz: but where does Todd fit on the canvas right now?

• Love 1

Do they understand that actually killing Franco and how Liz, Cam and Scotty grieve over him cheapens "my sainted husband's funeral" ? Carly will be fine (and she still has Jason, Jax and Michael to prop her), her family will be fine, and the others are left with a hole in their hearts.

3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Dian should demanded a gun residue test to prove Jason's innocence.  

First thought I had. Maybe we should be on retainer instead.

3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Joss also has the tendency to make everything about herself

Carly Jr. At this point that's all she's got going for her. I wish they would recast.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Still indifferent to Franco but BH, KS, and WL killed their scenes today.c

I will not miss Franco. However, BH and WL were absolutely heartbreaking. They deserve allll the praise. I felt sad for Scott when Laura broke the news, but I HATE that Laura told Carly that Franco was shot and killed BEFORE she saw and spoke to Franco's WIFE and FATHER. "You're going to hear it anyway" Excuse me??!!!

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Wonderful scenes between Franco, Cam, Scotty, and Elizabeth.  These actors (and others) can all bring it, if only they would be given more opportunities to do so. I cried.

They really can!  Elizabeth hugging Laura and crying and later crying with her teenage son Cam over losing Franco reminded me of teenage Elizabeth crying over the "death" of her first love, Lucky, and mourning with Laura, back when JJ left the show.

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

The Cameron/Franco scene sounds very sweet though. I read that it was really good, and the actors did a great job. 

Yes, Cam dreaming of the spirit (my assumption) of Franco saying goodbye was excellent work by both actors. It was a much better final scene for Howarth (unless Elizabeth later dreams of him,too).

2 hours ago, Linny said:

Oh, man, Cam. I honestly don't care that Franco is dead; I've journeyed through absolutely hating the character to begrudgingly accepting his place on the show, and now I'm indifferent at his death. What I DO care about is watching Cam, Liz, and Scotty getting their lives upended over this loss and having to face a future without Franco in it. After years of painstakingly cobbling this family unit Franco has been thoroughly sold as the glue keeping everyone together, and it really is sad seeing their devastation at knowing he's gone.

Ugh, here goes Joss, already making parallels between her/Sonny and Cam/Franco. And yeah, I guess there's a vague point to that comparison, but maybe focus on how to be there for Cam and not yourself, Carly Jr? Trina better show up soon to be the compassionate friend Cam's going to need 'cause Joss ain't it.

THIS. 

As for Joss missing Sonny, I really don't care because she has always had her father. Cam doesn't have a living father who will always be there to love and support him. 

If Maxie doesn't figure out that Peter shot Franco after Peter's words that "the past can't hurt us; I've mad sure of it"  and then Mac rushing in and saying Franco was just shot/killed and Peter's parting words "The past is dead" given what she has been told at this point ... she's really beyond help in terms of stupidity and naivety.

• Love 8

First, if RoHo does do another character, I desperately want a Jimmy Lee Holt offspring.

As for today, some really great scenes. Franco and Cameron were beautiful together. I loved the callback to Franco never wanting kids and how that changed with Elizabeth's boys.

Everything Scott was great.

Jason's silent open arm shrug like 'duh' when it was pointed out that he was the one who called the cops was a good moment. (Unlike many on here, I actually really like the Jason character and I think that SBu does a great job. I just loathe how the town worships a hitman... hello, he's a hitman!)

But the best was the second to last scene between Elizabeth and Cameron when she told him that Franco was dead. Man, oh, man, William Lipton broke my heart. He just went for it and gave his all. So real, so raw. And, RHerbst was fabulous, the grieving, yet comforting mother. So good.

Final thought... when Peter said the past was dead again to Maxie as he was walking out, I couldn't help but roll my eyes and say to the TV: "Who do you think you are? Kylo Ren?"

• LOL 5