Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I always thought of Scott as one of those people who doesn't like kids in general, but he loves his kids/grandkids. That's not that unusual, IMO.

I actually disagree about this. I still remember back in the day when he became superclose with Sly and was even the baseball manager for Sly's team. This was happening as Bill was off doing his own thing and not really paying attention to poor Sly.

So, will they bring RoHo back as Drew Cain?  He seemed to enjoy playing Drew (even though he had an unexplained accent and was totally wooden.). Drew had a history with Liz and her kids.  They could get back together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I find it hilarious that so many of us were checking out Finn's bookshelf like we were on some boring Zoom call with him! 

I don't really see a 15-minute conversation as "fighting" for their relationship, but whatevs. Anna did put Violet at risk and flat out said she'd lie to Finn again if she deemed it necessary, so..... 

• Love 6
On 3/17/2021 at 8:06 PM, nilyank said:

While the show tried to convince me that Franco mattered and will be mourned (NOT BY ME), all I could see was how much better Liz's hair looked than it does now. 

I actually really like her hair now. I think it suits her.  I also prefer LW with curly hair, which I know is her natural look. Can’t remember if that’s the case with Becky.

Funerals are among my least favorite things on this show (along with endless bedside vigils), but I thought this one was handled really well. It was smart to have it in an art gallery, not only for a change of pace, but because it seemed less noticeable that so few people were in attendance. The collection of paintings at the end was touching, and Jake’s exclamation of “That one’s mine!” tugged at my tiny cold heart.

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Textbook of Pediatrics maybe, but The Wellness Guide, Natural Healing, Medical-Surgical Nursing,  the Complete Book of Pregnancy and Baby's First Year, Alternative Cures, Complete Guide to Medical Tests, something Nursing .... most of the books on Finn's bookshelf drive me crazy. It's like they went to their local bookshop and bought up whatever was on the shelves.

Pretty sure that’s exactly what happened.  As a lifelong peruser of TV bookshelves, I’m glad they at least chose titles I could read. Those blank white spines on the Q mansion shelves are maddening. 

9 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Either Maxie's baby dies and Peter replaces her with BL's baby, or Peter steals BL's baby and hides her from Valentin.  Either way not happy if that's where they are headed with this.  

NONONONONO Please God no more baby switches. NO. NO. Just... no.

6 hours ago, driver18 said:

Its pretty obvious we're gonna go the Anna/Valentin route eventually, and I'm OK with that. However, I do not want Finn with Jackie. I'm really, really hoping they'll chem test Finn and Elizabeth. A slow burn love story would be great with those two. (And it's what I've wanted for like ever.)

I’m still hoping for an Alexis/ Valentin pairing. It seems a little weird, but they’re not really related and they make sparks. I would like to see Anna with Gonzo, mostly because it gives him a reason to stick around. Finn and Jackie will probably happen, but I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing him with Liz.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

If they're keeping Gonzo around, he can teach at PCU, where Joss/Trina/Cam/ Spencer can go when they decide to stay close to home. 

@perkie1968 brings up a good point about the Brook/Val baby... They just had Britt warning Valentin about Peter's revenge. He's totally gonna grab that baby. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

@perkie1968 brings up a good point about the Brook/Val baby... They just had Britt warning Valentin about Peter's revenge. He's totally gonna grab that baby. 

If that results in Peter being killed off, body included, then he should 100% do it.

I am so tired of this character. I'd rather have Spinelli on screen, fawning over people and calling them by their atrocious nicknames than watch or have to listen to anything Peter has to say.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I would have noped out, too! Her line about evil being free and pretending to be good is rich with hypocrisy - she's screwing with Dante's mind to take down Peter! Dante is known to be a good man and was her "beloved" late son Nathan's best friend!! Not to mention all the other evil things she's done.

Seriously. She can't get her own hands dirty and kill him herself, since she's the one who's got the axe to grind against him! Noooo, let's just use and play mind games with one of the FEW good guys on this FAKAKTA show. God, I LOATHE her so much.

And Olivia can just STFU with her "good intended busybody" advice. While I don't mind that she hid Dante from Mooby, she conveniently left that sekrit out when railing against Valentin being the Uber EVUHL. Yes, yes, he was a right bastard in his dealings with Lulu as to Charlotte (I was on the Barge so don't know all the details--And I also loathed him when I returned and cheered when Robert cold cocked him at the Nurses Ball a few years ago), but he did not CON Brookiiiiiieeeee into selling her shares. She ended up doing it to get Ned's goat, and also because Valentin promised her a contract that would help her singing career. Now the fact that Nelle slashed it, thereby killing her career, is not on Valentin. So Olivia can just SHUT IT.

And just why is it on CHASE to seek out Finn? Seriously. Why can't he just be angry for more than a day? And if Finn does stay away? Good.

And way to utterly destroy another good character from this show's hey day. While Demi's Jackie was very young (19 I think, but playing a 20-something), she had some real rough edges, but I can't imagine the original character would have pulled this crap of dating one man, mooning over his son, and having sex with the son the night before marrying his dad, and only marrying Gonzo because Finn never called her or whatever she said was the reason.

I think Gonzo and Chase should stay angry with both of them. For a some time. Like a few months. Or longer. Yes, I'm that petty. But maybe it'll turn out that Gonzo is Chase's dad after all! In the previews spoilering just in case

Finn told Chase he'll get another test. I hope this one proves Gonzo is the daddy.

But hey! I wouldn't be averse to Gonzo and Anna! Like I'd posted many pages back, Gregory Harrison and Finola had some really great chemistry.

But a Big Fat NO for Elizabeth and Finn getting together. Just no.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Finn and Jackie will probably happen

They are so boring. I don't see much (if any) chemistry between them, and I really don't need to hear them beat themselves up again and again over their ONS 30 years ago. But I'm sure it will happen.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hide contents

Finn told Chase he'll get another test. I hope this one proves Gonzo is the daddy.

Yeah, what is it with that? Couldn't he have done that before he blew up everyone's lives? If the test comes back the other way, are they going to take a third one and do a best of three or are they going to play rock, paper, scissors? Like WTF!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

They are so boring. I don't see much (if any) chemistry between them, and I really don't need to hear them beat themselves up again and again over their ONS 30 years ago. But I'm sure it will happen.

I REALLY hope not. I'm thinking it won't since:

1.) Finn has shown literally ZERO interest in her.

2.) He'll want to make things right with Chase, and hooking up with Jackie will do the opposite of that.

3.) Jackie has shown way more interest in Robert than she has Finn. As much as I want Robert with Olivia, I do think they are going to repair her relationship with Ned, and not go the Robert/Olivia road, and so instead Robert/Jackie is more likely -- which my (Demi Moore) Jackie/Robert-loving heart would have adored years ago. (They were LITERALLY my first soap couple.) Therefore, I'm not opposed to Jackie/Robert. I do like Kim Delaney in the role.

4. I don't want it!

Furthermore, I keep going back to the idea that they are potentially going down the Finn/Elizabeth route. Why?

1. Of everything going on, a few weeks ago, I did find it curious that the show took the time to spend more than half an episode (it might have even been most of the ep) worth of Elizabeth and Finn's scenes with each other just so that he could tell her what she already knew about Franco's tumor. They were just comforting scenes from him to her. Yes, they are "friends," but not super-close. And they don't have that many scenes together generally.

They also made it a point to have Elizabeth tell Finn they wouldn't be at his and Anna's wedding to again reinforce their bond. I bring this up because...

Spoiler

Spoilers indicate an upcoming scene where Finn goes to visit Elizabeth, presumably to offer condolences about Franco. I have to wonder why in the midst of EVERYTHING that is going with his life, the show is choosing to show Finn, OF ALL PEOPLE who is going through a break-up, finding out his brother is his son, i.e., his life is basically falling apart, taking the time to go and see Elizabeth. Elizabeth, whose life is coincidentally also falling apart for different reasons, but like Finn she has to hold it together for her children (he has to for Violet).

3. They haven't had a medical couple on the show in a while. Not since Robin/Patrick. (No, Lucas/Brad don't count as neither were ever even remotely front-burner.) And the idea that oh, well, it would just be a repeat of the story that Elizabeth had with Franco is something I don't see. Because, really, would it? I mean, a lot of her story with him was wrapped up in his past and overcoming Franco, the serial killer. It would be a different dynamic with Finn.  He's barely managing with Violet, dealing with three boys of different ages. Then bringing the whole Chase situation into it who now has a half-sister, and would potentially have three step-brothers of varying ages (yes, I'm jumping the gun, LOL!). Oh, boy. Also, Elizabeth finally having a little girl around and the boys dealing with a girl in their lives. Then, there's the whole Hayden of it -- and ya'll know, once Finn and Elizabeth are ensconced together in a cozy, happy family THAT is when Hayden comes back!  Also, there is the fact that Finn is a former addict, just like Lucky was. The two at the hospital and those stories.

4. I want it!

Michael Easton and Rebecca Herbst have always worked really well together. I'd love to see what they could do in a love story. And a slow-burning good build could be great. And, damn, it would be nice to see Elizabeth with a GOOD man!

Of course, I could be totally wrong and it will be Finn and Jackie. *sigh*

Edited by driver18
  • Love 6

I like Becky's hair this way too. Sadly (for me) women over forty generally look younger with shorter hair.

10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I'm still hoping for an Alexis/ Valentin pairing. It seems a little weird, but they’re not really related and they make sparks. I would like to see Anna with Gonzo, mostly because it gives him a reason to stick around. Finn and Jackie will probably happen, but I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing him with Liz.

I'm torn about Alexis/Valentin. I really like their relationship right now, it's fun and supportive and I'm afraid the writers are going to mess that up if they put them together. On the other hand, it's better than Valentin/Anna because Valentin is at his worst when he madly in love with and mooning over the "love of his life"  It's such a relief that he's ended his Nina obsession and I can enjoy the character, I don't want them to ruin him by turning him back into a drip for love of Anna.

ME is such a low key actor that unless they put Finn with someone high energy, it turns into a bore. There were a lot of complaints about his early relationship with Anna until circumstances in the form of Robert and later Peter enlivened it.  I think a pairing with Liz would fail for the same reason; even setting aside how attached she is to Franco and wouldn't move on to someone else quickly, there is no story for Elizabeth/Finn other than Hayden coming back, which I don't think they are going to do. They've already done the "I resent my stepdad" trope.  All that's left is Happy Families, basically a repeat of Friz and the boys. For all that Franco was a divisive character, RoHo put more energy into family scenes than ME is going to.

ME needs someone high energy or crazy to play off of. Brook Lynn maybe. Alexis in her wacky moods. Or put him with Jackie so that I can fast forward through them.

52 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And just why is it on CHASE to seek out Finn? Seriously. Why can't he just be angry for more than a day? And if Finn does stay away?

I know!  It's so stupid that Chase has to be the one to bring everyone together again. Let Finn and Jackie go to their rooms and think about what they did.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And just why is it on CHASE to seek out Finn? Seriously. Why can't he just be angry for more than a day? And if Finn does stay away?

I know!  It's so stupid that Chase has to be the one to bring everyone together again. Let Finn and Jackie go to their rooms and think about what they did.

Willow put it well: If both of them keep waiting for the other to make the first move, it might be another 30 years before someone does. Finn isn't exactly Mr. Active. I think it's very in character for Chase to make the first move.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I like Becky's hair this way too. Sadly (for me) women over forty generally look younger with shorter hair.

I like it, too.  It's similar to how mine looks when I let it be natural.  

40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm torn about Alexis/Valentin. I really like their relationship right now, it's fun and supportive and I'm afraid the writers are going to mess that up if they put them together. 

I'm not torn--I'm a big NO!  I love them as not-siblings-but-we-thought-we-were-for-a-minute/friends.  That dynamic would die if they were romantically paired.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Finn told Chase he'll get another test.

A second test?  Which is strange, considering Wiley was never tested the first time, nor were Charlotte or Violet.  And it's not a big concern, considering Chase is an adult.

Edited by ciarra
54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

ME is such a low key actor that unless they put Finn with someone high energy, it turns into a bore. There were a lot of complaints about his early relationship with Anna until circumstances in the form of Robert and later Peter enlivened it.  I think a pairing with Liz would fail for the same reason; even setting aside how attached she is to Franco and wouldn't move on to someone else quickly, there is no story for Elizabeth/Finn other than Hayden coming back, which I don't think they are going to do. They've already done the "I resent my stepdad" trope.  All that's left is Happy Families, basically a repeat of Friz and the boys. For all that Franco was a divisive character, RoHo put more energy into family scenes than ME is going to.

ME needs someone high energy or crazy to play off of. Brook Lynn maybe. Alexis in her wacky moods. Or put him with Jackie so that I can fast forward through them.

I disagree with this idea so very much, I can't even .... actors don't need someone of different "energy levels" to play off. They work based off of their chemistry. Both ME and KM are "low-key" actors and yet they have EXPLOSIVE chemistry together. It's about how an actor pings off of another. Jonathan Jackson is not a high-key actor. He's low-key, and yet he and Rebecca Herbst played off of each other beautifully.

And the idea that Elizabeth/Finn would be a retread of Elizabeth and Franco makes ZERO SENSE to me. Franco and Finn are NOTHING alike as characters. Nothing. The majority of the storyline that Elizabeth and Franco shared was about overcoming his history as a serial killer. Finn has a completely different background.  And now Finn and Elizabeth have something that can bond them, they've both lost a spouse to death. Finn's first wife, Reiko, and now Franco for Elizabeth. Also, Elizabeth understands what it is like being with a former addict because of Lucky. They're both parents. They both work in the hospital. They both lost Hayden. Neither are ready for a relationship so it would be a slow road.

All of THAT would be the story. Hayden coming back? Would be WHEN they got together and were happy. All of that gives us one to two years worth of story.

Edited by driver18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Willow put it well: If both of them keep waiting for the other to make the first move, it might be another 30 years before someone does. Finn isn't exactly Mr. Active. I think it's very in character for Chase to make the first move.

It is in character but I don’t like it. Finn is the one who screwed up and also kept Chase at an arm’s length for most of his life because of this secret. He should be getting called out on it more and have to grovel and make amends but they won’t write him that way. It’s like the Fanna break-up. I saw issues on both of their sides but the way they wrote it is that Finn is perfect and Anna was begging for a second chance and would do anything to keep him. I found it cringey. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, driver18 said:

And now Finn and Elizabeth have something that can bond them, they've both lost a spouse to death. Finn's first wife, Reiko, and now Franco for Elizabeth. Lucky understands what it is like being with a former addict because of Lucky. They're both parents. They both work in the hospital. They both lost Hayden. Neither are ready for a relationship so it would be a slow road.

That makes sense if this were real life.  But this is a soap and they have to fill over 200 hours of story time.  A 2 year slow burn where there are no conflicts other than Liz missing her dead spouse doesn't seem interesting to me.

28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it's very in character for Chase to make the first move.

It is, but only if he wants to. From Willow's speech, I got the sense that she was guilting him into making it good for everyone else. I don't think Chase should have to unless he wants to. One day later is far too soon to forgive Finn or Jackie.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

It is in character but I don’t like it. Finn is the one who screwed up and also kept Chase at an arm’s length for most of his life because of this secret. He should be getting called out on it more and have to grovel and make amends but they won’t write him that way. It’s like the Fanna break-up. I saw issues on both of their sides but the way they wrote it is that Finn is perfect and Anna was begging for a second chance and would do anything to keep him. I found it cringey. 

Just because Chase is showing up at Finn's office doesn't mean everything is fixed. It doesn't mean Finn won't apologize and try and make amends.

Finn and Anna were good and about to be married and Anna's lies blew it up. Just like you say Finn screwed up with Chase and should be called out, same for Anna with Finn. They've both had issues in the past, but Finn has been truthful with Anna - he told her about him potentially being Chase's father and Anna couldn't do the same. They weren't writing him as perfect, but someone adult enough to say "this is my line in the sand. Don't lie to me.' Anna was adult enough to admit she couldn't make that promise and there was kind of nowhere to go from there. It feels kind of stupid because this feels like an exact retread of Curtis and Jordan's break-up.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That makes sense if this were real life.  But this is a soap and they have to fill over 200 hours of story time.  A 2 year slow burn where there are no conflicts other than Liz missing her dead spouse doesn't seem interesting to me.

It is, but only if he wants to. From Willow's speech, I got the sense that she was guilting him into making it good for everyone else. I don't think Chase should have to unless he wants to. One day later is far too soon to forgive Finn or Jackie.

I think driver18 listed a lot more conflict that could be mined than Liz missing her dead spouse. Granted I know GH writers aren't the best, but even decent writers could find good conflict for Liz and Finn given both of their histories. I think he has better chemistry with Alexis, but his chemistry with Liz has been good as well.

I don't think Willow was guilting him into anything. She just laid out the reality of the situation. It was up to Chase to decide whether he thought her points had merit, and I guess he did by showing up to Finn's office. And, I don't believe she said Chase had to forgive Finn right now, but just take a first step toward getting to that place. Chase going to see him does not mean he's forgiven him.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think driver18 listed a lot more conflict that could be mined than Liz missing her dead spouse. Granted I know GH writers aren't the best, but even decent writers could find good conflict for Liz and Finn given both of their histories. I think he has better chemistry with Alexis, but his chemistry with Liz has been good as well.

Thank you, I did. I also happen to think that the GH writers are better than most here give them credit for.

I like his chemistry with Alexis, but as friends. I prefer her chemistry with Valentin (although, I do like their sibling-vibe, but dangit, they do have hawt-chemistry too), or Martin. I really like her and Martin. They're prickly together. It's GOOD!

I just think that Finn and Elizabeth could REALLY work together. Of course, I'm incredibly biased as ME and RHe are my two favorite actors on the show.

I love that someone pointed out that DNA tests at GH are less than worthless.  Why didn't he have it done at Mercy in the first place.

Brooklyn, that's not how it works.  Fathers matter.  As soon as you have sex, you are at somewhat planning to have a child together.  Because things happen.

Carly, I'm sure Jason has killed someone that he got away with.  It won't be a tragedy if he goes down for one he didn't commit.  And it's not Elizabeth's job to prove him innocent.  She's not lying about anything.  she doesn't get to decide the outcome, so leave her alone.

• Love 14

So Carly can go harangue Elizabeth when she's grieving Franco's death, the same day as the memorial service, but Nina was so out of line when she did the same to Carly. Why hasn't Carly turned into a pile of ashes yet? She is so awful.

18 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I really like her and Martin. They're prickly together.

I like Alexis and Martin together, too.

It was so disappointing—but entirely predictable—that of course Dante didn't shoot Peter dead on the spot. Sigh.

I loved how Brook Lynn outright said she was trying to avoid Valentin and then showed Valentin the baby and he laughed. Was Brook Lynn okay with Olivia letting Ned know BL is back in town? Or was that more Olivia meddling?

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I loved how Brook Lynn outright said she was trying to avoid Valentin and then showed Valentin the baby and he laughed. Was Brook Lynn okay with Olivia letting Ned know BL is back in town? Or was that more Olivia meddling?

She's staying in the Q mansion.  If she didn't want Ned to know she was back, that wasn't a good plan.  And Ned and Olivia are still married. I don't think telling your husband (estranged or not) that his daughter is in town and has news rises to the level of meddling.

Where does Ned live these days anyway?  

• Love 1

Oooh, so Cyrus had the Finn/Chase DNA test manipulated. I approve of this twist if it means Finn and Chase are truly brothers. It is annoying how Cyrus (and Peter) has such an enormous wealth of power and can exploit the hospital and the media to full advantage. Which makes it funny that our two villainous overlords are stuck working with the likes of Gladys in order to pull off their grand scheme.

Valentin said all the right things to Brook Lynn today (her body, her choice, but when the baby's born he has a responsibility to it) and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Grandpa Ned's reaction was also great; maybe we'll get to hear from Great-Granny Tracy eventually, hee. 

Nina at the Tan-O, let's fucking go. Please hand Carly something to do with her time other than defend Jason from a crime he did not commit, but totally could and would have. It's wonderful how Carly felt no shame at all for harassing Liz in the middle of her grief, because anything goes when it comes to Carly working her agenda, right? Jesus, the hypocrisy is boundless.

• Love 13

Ha, loved Valentin’s reaction to Brooklyn and then her ginormous preggo belly.  I still don’t want another useless baby though.  I thought it was so sweet that he tells Charlotte Nina loves her every night.  And he said it so matter of factly.

Carly has some balls harassing Elizabeth in her own home the day of Franco’s memorial.  In this case she is right but she’s still such a fucking shrew.

Also this is small but I have a thing about teeth and as much as I am loving Britt, her teeth are jacked up and it’s distracting.  You don’t want to know how many years it took me to get over the gaps in Elizabeth’s side teeth or that one dark tooth Carly has on the bottom.  I know, I have issues.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

Oooh, so Cyrus had the Finn/Chase DNA test manipulated. I approve of this twist if it means Finn and Chase are truly brothers.

I agree but why did Cyrus mess with the test to begin with??  Just because he’s pissed at Jackie?  If so that’s extremely petty and I am definitely here for it, ha!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

News flash, Olivia: You are still Leo and Dante's mother, regardless of where they are. Lucky for you Leo's supremely overworked nanny is there, not to mention Monica's daycare. That's what allows you to throw caution to the wind and  go on adventures. Ugh.

"Remember long distance?" LOL. My mom and I talk about this every so often. International calling is really the only long distance left, and maybe not even that counts anymore.

Since BL knew the baby was Valentin's from the get-go, I'm curious why she kept it when she wants nothing to do with him. Another custody battle is something this show doesn't need to do.

During the excruciating Sonny scenes, I amused myself by thinking that when most of PC sees that Invader "scoop" about Jackie/Finn/etc., they're all saying, "Who are these people?" Heh.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Oh! Nina at the Tan-O. I knew that would happen, I just thought it would be a lot sooner than this.

I felt sorry for Dante and how confused he was, how he thought he was fine because that's what he was told.

Peter is a coward. There is nothing else to say about this guy. He sashays around and talks down to people, but when the chips fall, he is wimpy and such a fucking coward. This douchenozzle is the furthest thing from brave. 

Carly going to grieving Elizabeth. Way to go! Shouldn't you be trying to figure out who told the cops they saw Jason throwing the gun down the trash shoot. Elizabeth said she arrived and saw Jason kneeling over Franco. Go away, Carly! 

So Cyrus fucked with the DNA? I don't even know how he even knew who Finn was testing. He doesn't even need to temper with the test to blow Jackie out of the water, out the cheating and the questions around Chase's paternity. Whoever called Chase a golden retriever was so right. Why does he have to be reasonable and apologize for reacting when he was the one who was lied to? That said, I like he relationship between him and Finn. 

• Love 7

Olivia, maybe if you didn't run away or refuse to talk to Ned you might sort things out one way or the other.

I'm so tired of the Qs saying big bad Valentin manipulated the family to get their shares. The family was willing to be manipulated!

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Oh! Nina at the Tan-O. I knew that would happen, I just thought it would be a lot sooner than this.

It looks like Nina and Sonny see each other on Monday. The way this story has dragged, this is a surprise.

• Love 9

I definitely don't think a cheater can demand instant forgiveness or put forgiveness on a time table, but I also don't think it's fair for the cheatee (lol) to keep the cheater hanging. If Olivia doesn't want to work on the marriage, that's fine. She needs to tell Ned it's over. She needs to file for divorce. Avoiding him is not the answer. 

I may be in the minority on this, but  I don't get Carly's need to make Liz believe her or change her opinion. What does it matter? Liz only told the police what she knows. As far as she knows, her husband made a deal w/Jason for Jason to kill him if he went crazy again. She knew Jason was looking for Franco (thanks to Sam's hysterics), and she found Jason over her husband's shot up, dying body. Maybe if Jason had ever spoken up and reassured Liz that he had no intention of killing Franco, she'd be thinking differently but he didn't. He let them both (Franco and Liz) think he would take out Franco, so he can't be all that shocked when Liz believes he did.

Carly should know Liz is upset and focus her energy on finding Franco's real killer or the lying witness if she wants to be helpful. I cannot stand Carly, and today was no exception. While she was not as beastly or horrid as I expected, she was still insufferable. I just find the character obnoxious and wholly unlikable. But LW had to meet her weekly quota I guess. That was another completely pointless scene! 

Gotta love Finn not trusting DNA testing at GH and going for a 2nd test at Mercy. I'm guessing Gregory is really Chase's dad, which will have made this whole thing - IMO - a complete waste of time, but whatever. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 7

I'm looking forward to what's going to pass between Valentin and Brook Lynn.  I'm really enjoying Valentin these days.

Sam, Dante had one task. Don't distract him. There is no excuse for Peter still being around.

Ugh that Nina appeared at the Tan-O. I didn't exactly like Amnesia Sonny but he was a lot more tolerable than regular Sonny.  I hope that at least Nina will use the information to blackmail herself into time with Wylie.

50 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Where does Ned live these days anyway?  

He said that he was going to a hotel so that Olivia could continue to stay chez Quartermaine. Hopefully not the Metro Court.  And if Olivia has only deigned to speak to Ned 3 times since he left, one of them accidentally, I'd be moving back in if I were him.

36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

News flash, Olivia: You are still Leo and Dante's mother, regardless of where they are. Lucky for you Leo's supremely overworked nanny is there, not to mention Monica's daycare. That's what allows you to throw caution to the wind and  go on adventures. Ugh.

She wants to be Sam, running around the world with never a care of your children.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm really enjoying Valentin these days.

JSP is extra sparkly these days, I find. Valentin seems happy to be around people, or something. He had the best reaction to BL's pregnancy.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

So Carly can go harangue Elizabeth when she's grieving Franco's death, the same day as the memorial service, but Nina was so out of line when she did the same to Carly. Why hasn't Carly turned into a pile of ashes yet? She is so awful.

The town bully is what she is.  She'll play the grieving widow, who no one can say 'boo' to, until Sonny re-appears, but it's perfectly acceptable to her to go steamroll Elizabeth.  A house should fall on her.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I love that someone pointed out that DNA tests at GH are less than worthless.  Why didn't he have it done at Mercy in the first place.

The actual tests are probably fine, it’s the security that is lacking. Has there ever been a DNA test performed on this show that wasn’t switched/ altered by someone? At this point, they’d probably get more reliable results by buying a kit on Amazon.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

The actual tests are probably fine, it’s the security that is lacking. Has there ever been a DNA test performed on this show that wasn’t switched/ altered by someone? At this point, they’d probably get more reliable results by buying a kit on Amazon.

Aiden? And then Jake got kilt because he was able to open the door and walk out into the street, where Luke "kilt" him. But of course, Helena had tampered with the first test and Nik thought he was the daddy. The second one confirmed it was Lucky.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
58 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The town bully is what she is.  She'll play the grieving widow, who no one can say 'boo' to, until Sonny re-appears, but it's perfectly acceptable to her to go steamroll Elizabeth.  A house should fall on her.  

They should throw a bucket of water on her, see if her no good ass melts.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was such breathtakingly stupid dialogue! So somehow because Dante's not around, she's not Leo's mother anymore? 

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

I may be in the minority on this, but  I don't get Carly's need to make Liz believe her or change her opinion. What does it matter? Liz only told the police what she knows. As far as she knows, her husband made a deal w/Jason for Jason to kill him if he went crazy again. She knew Jason was looking for Franco (thanks to Sam's hysterics), and she found Jason over her husband's shot up, dying body. Maybe if Jason had ever spoken up and reassured Liz that he had no intention of killing Franco, she'd be thinking differently but he didn't. He let them both (Franco and Liz) think he would take out Franco, so he can't be all that shocked when Liz believes he did.

I agree. Liz's statement is not why Jason was arrested. Carly is acting like Liz believing Jason is guilty is half of the cops case when it's not. He was arrested because of the "eyewitness." Even if Liz has a change of heart and doesn't believe Jason's guilty, it doesn't change what she saw or that she knows about the deal Jason and Franco made. And it is partially Jason's own stupid fault because he was such a sanctimonious asshole and wouldn't just tell Liz he wouldn't kill Franco when she begged him not to.

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

Gotta love Finn not trusting DNA testing at GH and going for a 2nd test at Mercy. I'm guessing Gregory is really Chase's dad, which will have made this whole thing - IMO - a complete waste of time, but whatever. 

So utterly pointless. Yes, I get that Cyrus is mad at Jackie because of his mother but this seems like stupid revenge. And what storyline purpose does it serve? If Finn does get the second test and it shows the real results, what was the point? And if he doesn't get the second test, or Cyrus somehow tampers with that test, too, we'll have to watch months of Finn and Chase learning to be father and son, only for that to be blown up, too and things basically go back to normal once the true results are known? So, again, what is the point?

• Love 6

Funniest line I've heard in  a long time:

Finn to Chase:  between you and me, I haven't had the best results with the lab here.  I want to take another DNA test to Mercy

Seriously, how many times have we said, don't trust the DNA results.  Someone's paying attention to the fans!!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, driver18 said:

. They're both parents. They both work in the hospital. They both lost Hayden. Neither are ready for a relationship so it would be a slow road.

All of THAT would be the story. Hayden coming back? Would be WHEN they got together and were happy. All of that gives us one to two years worth of story.

Their children are cousins so I vote no on that alone. I agree it would turn into Hayden returning. I wonder if they want to keep RH and BH together once he comes back?

I love Anna but once she said she can't promise not to keep things from him, when keeping quiet about Peter meant Finn let his daughter around a dangerous person, I don't blame Finn.

• Love 3

Liz's statement is not why Jason was arrested. Carly is acting like Liz believing Jason is guilty is half of the cops case when it's not. He was arrested because of the "eyewitness." Even if Liz has a change of heart and doesn't believe Jason's guilty, it doesn't change what she saw or that she knows about the deal Jason and Franco made.

I couldn't with Carly's "the longer you believe this, the more you're enabling the real killer."  Boy howdy, the mental gymnastics it takes for that to make any sense (spoiler alert: it doesn't make sense no matter what).

Loved Valentin and his reaction to BL's pregnancy.  Truly, JPS really has become such an MVP.

• Love 14

That was such breathtakingly stupid dialogue! So somehow because Dante's not around, she's not Leo's mother anymore? 

I get what they were going for, but as usual, they put the emphasis on the wrong syllable. It also points out how useless Leo is, not that that's a giant news flash.

I get that Cyrus is mad at Jackie because of his mother but this seems like stupid revenge.

Seriously. NO ONE CARES. Everyone in town has had some sort of baby secret, which tells you how often the show uses that story.

11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I couldn't with Carly's "the longer you believe this, the more you're enabling the real killer." 

It's the PCPD. They're likely going to arrest at least two people who didn't do the crime before stumbling across the real killer. And since we know LWB/FS isn't going anywhere, Peter will probably weasel out of the charges or something.

• Love 2

Explain to me why Elizabeth didn't knock Carly's teeth down her throat? Wait, no, don't bother, I know why. I am so beyond tired of how this wrecking ball in human form never faces consequences for her breathtaking hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness.

I can't even deal with this Finn/Jackie/Chase mess. I mean, Chase is pretty inoffensive as characters go these days, but, wow, do I not give a shit about any of this.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 3

Carly who flipped out at Nina at Sonny's memorial. Has the audacity to show up at Liz's house when she's just gotten home and not even changed yet and badger her. 

Sam should have let Dante shoot.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

If that results in Peter being killed off, body included, then he should 100% do it.

I am so tired of this character. I'd rather have Spinelli on screen, fawning over people and calling them by their atrocious nicknames than watch or have to listen to anything Peter has to say.

After today I've concluded that we're stuck with LWB until...he's no longer LWB.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

After today I've concluded that we're stuck with LWB until...he's no longer LWB.

Well I can see him coming back as a new character like Roger, but Peter? I don't think he can survive much longer here.  But the stuff involving him today and Dante/Sam for lack of a better word, "lame"

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

If that's the case?

Sorry, Laura, but you're fired! And if it takes Carly off canvas rather than be recast again, even better!

(Yes, I know this all falls into total fantasy territory!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Explain to me why Elizabeth didn't knock Carly's teeth down her throat?

Why Liz even let Carly in the house versus slamming the door the minute she saw her is beyond me.  People of Port Charles, you are not obligated to subject yourself to her snarling rants!

I was shocked yet not how quickly Carly was like, "I too am a widow!" to deflect Liz's emotional state.  I'm surprised she didn't mention how she boned Franco first and really drive home how it's all about her.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Explain to me why Elizabeth didn't knock Carly's teeth down her throat? Wait, no, don't bother, I know why. I am so beyond tired of how this wrecking ball in human form never faces consequences for her breathtaking hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness.

I can't even deal with this Finn/Jackie/Chase mess. I mean, Chase is pretty inoffensive as characters go these days, but, wow, do I not give a shit about any of this.

I care. I care because I care about Finn and Chase, and I like that it's giving both actors, whom I like, some rich material to work with and an interesting dynamic to play. I also like how this is pushing Chase and Willow back in scenes that show how great they are together.

On the other hand, I completely agree re: Elizabeth and Carly. I literally dang-near shouted at the TV during one of Carly's rants to Elizabeth: "I hate you!" She's a fictional character, but my goodness, there truly are no upper limits to Carly hate.

• Love 5