Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Kmr said:

When he first came on I hated that he was basically brought in to be Emily's love interest and another wayward teen to go down the mafia path with Sonny. I wanted him to be Sly, Lucky's cousin. If they could bring him back I would want him to be Sly still or maybe even Lucky. He is needed back on the show. 

Except he wasn't. Zander was brought on for a brief, recurring stint as a young drug dealer in over his head in Emily's storyline who would be gone in about a month. He was NOT brought on as her love interest. Juan was her love interest at the time. But the chemistry was soooo good between Amber Tamblyn and Chad Brannon, and Brannon was so good that the love story was developed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Except he wasn't. Zander was brought on for a brief, recurring stint as a young drug dealer in over his head in Emily's storyline who would be gone in about a month. He was NOT brought on as her love interest. Juan was her love interest at the time. But the chemistry was soooo good between Amber Tamblyn and Chad Brannon, and Brannon was so good that the love story was developed.

Yes. I don't know if they were testing the waters or what - since Juan and Emily really didn't work at all - but the beginning of their story felt like a classic love story, but it wasn't the plan for him to stay, which is why his character disappeared for a little bit after that kidnapping plot wrapped up (so the mighty Jason could play hero once again.) Even after he came back, CB wasn't on contract until after AT left months later.

14 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I wonder. Because Chad was a recast. The original Zander was a skeezy drug dealer who spiked Elizabeth's water, so she was high? when she tried to get romantic with Yelly McYellerson's "Lucky". Then, next thing we know, we have Chad, and he's not so skeevy/skeezy any longer.

8 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Yes. I don't know if they were testing the waters or what - since Juan and Emily really didn't work at all - but the beginning of their story felt like a classic love story, but it wasn't the plan for him to stay, which is why his character disappeared for a little bit after that kidnapping plot wrapped up (so the mighty Jason could play hero once again.) Even after he came back, CB wasn't on contract until after AT left months later.

Juan was nothing but a whiny whiner who couldn't do anything but whine. Soooo convinced he was Lily and Mooby's child. Well, at least, Mooby's child. And yes, I know the actor and Rebecca Herbst are married in real life, but he sucked as an actor.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Zander chose not to live and father Cameron, there is no greater betrayal than that and for Cameron, it's just too much.

Cam should count his blessings. He could have had Jason for a father. (Jake: “Yeah!”)

3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Was she this upset about not having Morgan's body? Because all I could think of was that Morgan's body is missing too.

Oh no, what if Morgan is wandering around with amnesia, too. Maybe he’ll show up at the Tan-O as the new pretzel distributor, or something, and he and Sonny can bond over their mysterious shared fascination with imported coffee. And crazy blondes.

53 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yelly McYellerson's "Lucky".

This always makes me chuckle. He was called “Yelly” at my house, too, long before I ever frequented these boards. When I came here and saw that nickname, I knew I had found my people.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ciarra said:

I was pretty amused by how quickly so many people showed up, boxes at the ready.

That made me laugh out loud. Sam all out of breathe like “I have the boxes and they are all assembled and ready...”. It’s like they wanted to strike before she changes her mind.

Another character I don’t mind when she’s out of the Sonny/Carly orbit—(small voice) Joss. She had the self awareness to be mortified about her interaction with Nina today and she also made me chuckle when prepping Franco and Liz for Cam’s big hair reveal. 

I was on the fence about Brooklyn coming back and now that they have written in Amanda Setton’s pregnancy I am a definitive Not Happy. I am so sick of the GH useless baby boom!  Make it stop!!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Alex.  Anna's twin.  It was a memory swap thing, done with twins.  Peter is that kid, Faison's son.  Alex let Anna believe that Peter was hers.

Of course! Ugh I hate it when someone swaps out my memories! Oh, GH.

So...Anna's anguished confession to Robin that she was pregnant, had a baby before her and gave him up was just...Alex's memory implanted in Anna's mind??

5 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

Of course! Ugh I hate it when someone swaps out my memories! Oh, GH.

So...Anna's anguished confession to Robin that she was pregnant, had a baby before her and gave him up was just...Alex's memory implanted in Anna's mind??

Yes.

Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes.

I've been out of the GH loop for a while, but it seems like this "implanted memory" thing is a regular trope now? Along with endless paternity confusion and no one ever really being dead.

During quarantine I've rewatched a lot of older storylines, BJ's heart, for one. Imagine going through that storyline knowing they could bring BJ back at any time and explain it all way with some crazy Cassadine nonsense. It would ruin the entire impact. The impact of BJ's death was felt for YEARS - it was the foundation of the Tony/Carly relationship and Tony's entire spiral, for instance. Her absence hovered over everything. 

Now you never really feel the death of a character because they could be back next week. And some deep betrayal could just be an "implanted memory." Like Laura never had a baby while with Stavros, it was someone else's memory. 

However, this would help me explain away Luke's alleged chronic cheating on Laura as an implanted memory. See, now that would actually make sense...

• Love 4

Carly throws her favorite coffee mug.

Me: The real tributes are the glassware we break along the way.

Carly:  Sonny is lost in the water, WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Me: Have they checked the Pennsylvania side of the river yet?

Hearing Aiden refer to Scotty as Grandpa.

Me: After all these years Scotty and Laura have grandchildren together. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

GAG ME with that montage. And the tongue bath.

While the show tried to convince me that Franco mattered and will be mourned (NOT BY ME), all I could see was how much better Liz's hair looked than it does now. 

Poor Dante. He naturally tries to be a good guy and Liesl is going to continue to mindfuck his brain into doing something that Dante would never do.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Hearing Aiden refer to Scotty as Grandpa.

Me: After all these years Scotty and Laura have grandchildren together. 

Yeah, what was that? How long has Franco been in his life? Damn, the parade of men Liz has marched through these boys' lives is endless.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

While the show tried to convince me that Franco mattered and will be mourned (NOT BY ME), all I could see was how much better Liz's hair looked than it does now. 

Literally had the same thought.

• Love 3

TR seems to be right about Peter's storyline being hopeless. Now they've brought Cyrus into to, what for I can't imagine. They just keep throwing Peter at the wall but nothing sticks.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I find the memorial for Franco too much when Drew didn't even have one

By the time Drew left, the show had marginalized him so much Scout barely noticed that he was gone. And Sam was just glad not to have to wear a skirt any more.

17 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Carly throws her favorite coffee mug.

Well Sonny's not around to throw barware so it's got to be a  coffee mug as a tribute.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I got tears over the Franco memorial. Maybe it was losing my dad last year, but seeing the boys all love him, call him dad and Jake point out his art therapy painting. I forgot Franco helped him.

The montage was beautiful too. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I thought he was joking.  

No. The kidnapping/brain experiment was some time after the formal Friz wedding, when he sang a song for them and stood there with the other two boys and called Franco "our dad." He's been over his anti-Franco attitude (which I thought was pretty typical soap teen stuff) for a long time. That doesn't mean every viewer had to go along with him in embracing Franco, but that's the story they told. It wasn't about gratitude for Franco saving him from Shiloh. 

He wasn't joking. He was irritated that Cam had called him out on his serial killer past and treated him like he didn't trust him, instead of just unconditionally adoring and accepting him and believing he was a terrific partner for Elizabeth like Jake and Aiden did. 

I remember he sang a song with his brothers for their mother and Franco - soon after Laura had a talk with him where she more or less pressured him to be a good example for his brothers and think of his mother's happiness.  The "our dad" line sounded very forced.

11 hours ago, lala2 said:

Yup! By the time, Franco took Cameron's place in Shiloh's crazy experiment, Cameron already liked Franco and had accepted him as their "dad." That's why he was so upset when the experiment was done on Franco. 

Cameron had accepted that Franco was Elizabeth's husband and their stepdad. He was so upset because he felt guilty about being kidnapped, that Franco stepped up to take his place, and in doing so his mom lost her beloved husband and his little brothers lost the father figure they adored.

10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Ric and Liz didn't date very long when Cameron was a kid and I don't believe we ever saw him that much with him or the other boys back then. Ric was not more of a father figure than Drew or Franco, who we actually saw as a family unit on-screen.

Does Cameron strike you as the type of kid who'd want to imagine his biological father in hell,

I agree with you that Ric was not more of a father figure than Drew or Franco (he's just the one who is still alive.) I don't think the audience saw him much with the boys; it was more Elizabeth mentioning Ric spending time with her boys/the family off-screen.

No.

8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I had posted that they changed Jake to a new one, but then I realized that it is still Hudson West, but a much taller, voice changing, l

I was stunned to see how much he's grown up!! 

6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Little Aiden looks like Elizabeth and Jake looks like Jason.  That’s pretty good casting.  Cam is just amazing. 

I assume we're supposed to fanwank that Cam looks like Elizabeth's mother, since we've never seen the woman or even heard her name.

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
  1. giphy.gif giphy.gif

3. Do you mean still can't act?

The toddler who came back as 8-year-old Jake couldn't act; Hudson West has done a great job in his scenes with Webber brothers actors and Becky Herbst and Billy Miller in the past. I liked his scenes with Herbst and the two boys today as well.

5 hours ago, Hater said:

Hudson West always out acted that one, and even some of the adults on this show. He actually had good chemistry with Billy Miller. 

So true!!  

4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It was really good to see Jake and Aiden again.  They've both grown so much! 

Yes!!  it must be tough acting those scenes considering they didn't act on screen with Howarth for all of 2020. I think the last time I saw Jake (very briefly) with Franco was Christmas 2019, which was right after Franco no longer believed himself to be "Drew," and the last time I recall that Aiden was around Franco was while Franco was a patient at GH with Drew's memories, saying "I don't remember you" don't remember baking/recipes, etc. to him. 

I loved seeing Laura embrace/comfort Elizabeth, loved Elizabeth embracing her boys and the boys interacting with each other, and Luke's grandson calling Scott "grandpa." Gotta love the irony!  Long-ago first loves Laura and Scott being the supportive in-laws and grandparents to this family was great. 

I wanted both Monica and Ava to materialize out of thin air during Carly's "the family I have left" line, and simultaneously slap her across the face. Those ladies know about loss of family. 

The only relatives Ava has left are her daughter Avery (yes, what a horror that Ava's only living child is in her home while you, Carly, can spend time with your three children), and her late brother's kids, Sam and Lucas. Ava doesn't have a relationship with either of them. Carly wailing that she has to be strong because she is a mother and has a business to run made me roll my eyes. Focusing on her toddler or Joss's life and running the Metrocourt.....is not how she has been spending her time since Sonny disappeared. Just ask Michael or Nina!!

I can't even count how many losses Monica has suffered in her family at this point.  To quote her once in a hospital scene when Carly was having a self-absorbed moment in front of Monica:"Pffft! You want to compare losses?!" and then walked away from Carly in disgust.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 10

The toddler has a nanny and we never see Carly with her. Joss is an adult and has her own life. I can't remember the last time I saw Carly at the Metro Court unless she's being bitchy to someone who wants to dine there.

I forgot to say yesterday ... BL hearing Michael say that Lucas has been spending a lot of time with Wiley (!!!) and replying that she bets that that is Michael's doing, a compliment he acknowledged, made we want to slap the both of them.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, VioletMarx said:

However, this would help me explain away Luke's alleged chronic cheating on Laura as an implanted memory.

Not really.  He's just an asshat.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He wasn't joking. He was irritated that Cam had called him out on his serial killer past and treated him like he didn't trust him, instead of just unconditionally adoring and accepting him and believing he was a terrific partner for Elizabeth like Jake and Aiden did. 

Here's the transcript.  

Franco: All right, Pops, talk to me. You've never had a hard time finding companionship. What's the problem?

Scott:  Companionship, that's easy, you know? Go to a bar, strike up a conversation, you know... leads to dinner. Sometimes it leads to... breakfast.

Franco: Ooh. Olé. The old man's still got it. Cheers.

Scott:  The old man's got nothing. It's all trips to Vegas, smoke and mirrors. It -- it means nothing. I want what you have -- Elizabeth, the kids.

Franco:  If you want Cameron, you can have him right now.

Scott:  No, forget the kids. I don't like kids. [etc]

Those who saw or didn't see this scene can look at that and decide on a plausible reading. I took it that these two (S and F) were comfortable enough with each other by that point to joke around even while talking about serious things. I didn't take "If you want Cameron, you can have him right now" as evidence that Franco was seething with resentment over being denied Cameron's approval, and really wanted Cameron out of Elizabeth's house. He was patient and tactful in his actual interactions with Cameron.   

Similarly, if someone cited Scott's "I don't like kids" as evidence that his grief over the children he'd lost was just for show, I wouldn't buy that either. ("Screw Scott with his hypocritical posturing about his children being dead. He flat-out said that he didn't even like kids.") 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Similarly, if someone cited Scott's "I don't like kids" as evidence that his grief over the children he'd lost was just for show, I wouldn't buy that either. ("Screw Scott with his hypocritical posturing about his children being dead. He flat-out said that he didn't even like kids.") 

Speaking of which, is Serena still floating around somewhere?

Excuse me, but wasn't there a line around last Christmas (2020) that Aiden was in Ireland, visiting Lucky? Or am I hallucinating? I think the line was to explain why the actor wasn't there for the holidays, due to the pandemic in real life. So if I'm not hallucinating, then Aiden calling Franco "dad" is just...fine, two dads, then.

That's correct about Aiden visiting Lucky in Ireland, although it seems to have been the previous Christmas (2019). That's what I found on summary sites. I guess it's possible he did it two years in a row, though.

The first time we heard about it, some people were expecting Lucky to return played by someone or other, as Nikolas just had. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Asp Burger said:

That's correct about Aiden visiting Lucky in Ireland, although it seems to have been the previous Christmas (2019). That's what I found on summary sites. I guess it's possible he did it two years in a row, though.

The first time we heard about it, some people were expecting Lucky to return played by someone or other, as Nikolas just had. 

So Lucky is only 2/3 of a deadbeat dad. Good to know.🙄😒

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I forgot to say yesterday ... BL hearing Michael say that Lucas has been spending a lot of time with Wiley (!!!) and replying that she bets that that is Michael's doing, a compliment he acknowledged, made we want to slap the both of them.

Ugh, I know. Yes, it's so wonderful that Michael deigns to include his son's first father in said son's life. Gah. The propping for Michael during this interminable Wiley story is completely out of control. I really want Wiley to have health complications—he's due, given that procedure last year was only a temp fix—and dies. 

I always thought of Scott as one of those people who doesn't like kids in general, but he loves his kids/grandkids. That's not that unusual, IMO.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, VioletMarx said:

Speaking of which, is Serena still floating around somewhere?

I appreciate the show's loyalty to Carly Schroeder, since she grew up in the role, but they really need to recast her and bring her onto the canvas. She's one of the few characters with major history who isn't related to anyone. Then again, this show loves to kill of Scott's kids every chance they get, so maybe she's safer in Offscreen-landia.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, it's so wonderful that Michael deigns to include his son's first father in said son's life. Gah. The propping for Michael during this interminable Wiley story is completely out of control. I really want Wiley to have health complications—he's due, given that procedure last year was only a temp fix—and dies. 

Table for two.  I'm still beyond salty at Michael "gifting" Lucas the privilege of being able to see Wiley.  Given the way the handover went down--which had Michael pissing on Wiley's leg and claiming him about two minutes after the reveal, without benefit of a DNA test or anything--it's just oh-so-saintly of him. 

This kid should not exist.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I always thought of Scott as one of those people who doesn't like kids in general, but he loves his kids/grandkids. That's not that unusual, IMO.

Agree again!  Scott can be a curmudgeon, but he loves his own.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Since when did Carly earn a JD? Her screeching at Jordan at the PCPD at the unfairness of Jason's arrest was hilarious. (It's also supremely irritating that Carly is right in this case: Elizabeth's accusations are just that, accusations. Why does Jordan have to be so stupid? It's not interesting to watch.)

"Ashford doesn't make arrests she doesn't think will stick." Diane, you aren't new here. Every time she arrests Sonny and Jason they don't stick. 

I'd enjoy Gladys slagging Carly a lot more if Gladys hadn't folded during the whole Dev debacle. Now it just sounds like sour grapes.

• Love 2

I know that according to the show, Carly is the greatest great that ever greated in the history of greatness. but why the eff is she allowed to be in the interogation with Jordan and Diane?  

Brook Lynn's baby bump is ginormous even though she only slept with Valentin in Oct and should only be about 5 months.  Which means the show is going to fudge the timeline in order to do whatever stupid baby switch story they want to do.  Either Maxie's baby dies and Peter replaces her with BL's baby, or Peter steals BL's baby and hides her from Valentin.  Either way not happy if that's where they are headed with this.  

Looks like that's it for FAnna.  Neither one worked too hard to stay together.  Which means it frees her up for Valentin.  

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly is right in this case: Elizabeth's accusations are just that, accusations. Why does Jordan have to be so stupid?

Yes, but Jordan said Liz isn't the eyewitness.  Cyrus paid Gladys to say she saw Jason dump the murder weapon.  If only they had been smart enough to do a gun shot residue test on Jason when he was brought in on the night.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Is Brook Lynn birthing a baby hippo?  She's HUGE.

I liked Finn's explanation that secrets and lies risk his sobriety. They could still work around it by Anna going into professional mode or quitting the WSB permanently but as an immediate reason it works.

Textbook of Pediatrics maybe, but The Wellness Guide, Natural Healing, Medical-Surgical Nursing,  the Complete Book of Pregnancy and Baby's First Year, Alternative Cures, Complete Guide to Medical Tests, something Nursing .... most of the books on Finn's bookshelf drive me crazy. It's like they went to their local bookshop and bought up whatever was on the shelves.

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Every time she arrests Sonny and Jason they don't stick.

Every time anyone arrests  Sonny and Jason it doesn't stick (except for that one time when Sonny got out early). As Obrecht said, it's a shame that those who are evil and only pretending to be good are still walking free.

I have to say though, if Cyrus is the one paying Gladys to finger Jason and keep him in jail, I like the subtlety of the plan. It's about time for brains to win over Sonny and St. Jaysus.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Brook Lynn's baby bump is ginormous even though she only slept with Valentin in Oct and should only be about 5 months.  Which means the show is going to fudge the timeline in order to do whatever stupid baby switch story they want to do.  Either Maxie's baby dies and Peter replaces her with BL's baby, or Peter steals BL's baby and hides her from Valentin.  Either way not happy if that's where they are headed with this.  

Which only works if BLQ's baby is a girl but it would be hilarious to see Peterich try to convince Maxie that all the ultrasounds were wrong.

• LOL 2
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Textbook of Pediatrics maybe, but The Wellness Guide, Natural Healing, Medical-Surgical Nursing,  the Complete Book of Pregnancy and Baby's First Year, Alternative Cures, Complete Guide to Medical Tests, something Nursing .... most of the books on Finn's bookshelf drive me crazy. It's like they went to their local bookshop and bought up whatever was on the shelves.

None of which are his specialty which is internal medecine and infectious disease!!

• LOL 3
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Jordan said Liz isn't the eyewitness.

That's what I get for posting before seeing the entire show. Anyway, Jason wouldn't be stupid enough to drop a gun in a garbage chute. He'd make sure it wasn't retrievable. Jason is a lot of things, but he's not sloppy when it comes to his work. You'd think Jordan would have learned that by now.

Ugh, of course Olivia wants Brook Lynn not to tell Valentin about the baby. Neither of your baby lies worked out smoothly, Liv. Maybe let BL decide for herself?

29 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Looks like that's it for FAnna.

I did like that Anna was honest enough to say she couldn't guarantee she could be honest with Finn about certain things from her past.

"It's good to know we went down fighting." Yeah, not really.

LOL at Jax noping out of listening to Liesl.

• Love 5

I don't think Olivia should dispense advice to BL about how she shouldn't tell her baby daddy that he is the daddy. Valentin isn't some dumbass. He can do math and unlike Finn, his ass won't go anywhere. Olive, your son was shot in the chest by his father because you never told him he had a son. Now, go put the bouillabaisse in the fridge before it goes bad.

I guess Peter taunting Sam so that she would show up at Nathan's grave?

Jordan is still the stupidest commissioner the PCPD has ever had. I could give a fuck about Jason, but this is still Jason. If he had killed Franco, he wouldn't have stuck around the crime scene and he certainly would not have tossed the murder weapon in a trash shoot. And when Elizabeth accused him of killing Franco, I don't know, didn't occur to these geniuses to test for gunpowder residue? Don't these people watch Law and Order? 

I thought there was too much going on in today's episode. Too many storylines going on.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I’m glad I am not the only one!  He had like every type of medical book on his shelf EXCEPT anything related to infectious disease which is his specialty.  Heh.  I was so sad about the breakup though.  They have always been a very mature, level headed couple which I’ve enjoyed. They made the mature decision based on where they are in their lives, but it still sucks.

I would love if Jason finally had to pay for a crime and it happened to be one that he actually didn’t commit, but not if it means Heinrich keeps skating away.

I don’t want Valentin (or Brooklyn for that matter) saddled with another useless baby. So stupid.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Of course she will, and she'll likely stop Dante from killing Peter because "that's not who Dante is." Ugh. Just get rid of LWB/FS. He's way past his freshness date.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Of course she will, and she'll likely stop Dante from killing Peter because "that's not who Dante is."

Said with all the passion of a person ordering new checks.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I’m glad I am not the only one!  He had like every type of medical book on his shelf EXCEPT anything related to infectious disease which is his specialty.

And only one or two of them were actual medical books. They were books with the kind of surface information we now get off of the internet.

41 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know, didn't occur to these geniuses to test for gunpowder residue? Don't these people watch Law and Order?

I figured that at this point, Jason's fired a gun so many times the gsp is permanently in his pores.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Looks like that's it for FAnna.  Neither one worked too hard to stay together.  Which means it frees her up for Valentin.

Or to save Robert from Jackie.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is Brook Lynn birthing a baby hippo?  She's HUGE.

I'd swear she looked bigger than she did on Tuesday. She's bigger than Maxie, and Maxie first suspected she was pregnant back in May. (I know they shut down for a couple of months because of Covid, but if Maxie suspected back in May then the baby is due now. Or last month. Basically, she's been pregnant for far too long. I don't care when she told Peter - she suspected right before they shut down.)

While falling asleep last night I made a mental list of all the kids younger than the "teen set" right now (a tad more interesting than counting sheep, and a distraction from the fact we're starting a third wave here), and damn there are a heck of a lot of them.  I came up with Jake, Aidan, Danny, Scout, Georgie, James, Avery, Donna, Charlotte, Rocco, Leo, Wylie, Violet...one could argue Spencer (not really sure where he's supposed to be age-wise any more), Emma and Noah (as they get mentions every so often)...am I missing anyone? (Do I include Kim's son by Franco-Drew or Julian? None of them are in PC anymore, the possibly fathers are both dead, but I'm still not too sure why they made a point of mentioning Kim had a baby in the first place.)

We do not need two more babies. We really, really, really, really don't. Unless they are going to age some of these kids to create a younger teen group when the current one starts college (all at PCU, natch) in the fall, most of them just fall into the background. I have no idea when we last saw Scout, Georgie, James, Donna, Rocco or Leo. Which means there are too many children.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I know that according to the show, Carly is the greatest great that ever greated in the history of greatness. but why the eff is she allowed to be in the interogation with Jordan and Diane?  

What a friggin' loudmouth she is.  Why was she not escorted out by the police?  I can't wait til tomorrow when she will no doubt lay into Elizabeth big time.  Because the only one who must be respected in their time of mourning is her.  Shut up, Carly.

• Love 9

Damn this show. I've become so apathetic to...everything that I can't even enjoy the death of Franco and I loathe everything about Franco with an intensity that really shouldn't be spent on a fictional character. Fucking serial killer bastard doesn't even satisfy in death.

William Lipton and Becky Herbst are indeed killing it, but that just makes me sad that a) this is over one of the worst characters in GH history, and b) we'll never see these two share scenes with Jonathan Jackson.

• Love 5

I liked Anna and Finn so their break-up made me sad, heck I almost cried.

Its pretty obvious we're gonna go the Anna/Valentin route eventually, and I'm OK with that. However, I do not want Finn with Jackie. I'm really, really hoping they'll chem test Finn and Elizabeth. A slow burn love story would be great with those two. (And it's what I've wanted for like ever.)

• Love 5

A Finn/Elizabeth pairing would be good soap especially if Hayden came back. Finn doesn't do much for me as a character but he's not a serial killer and actively parents his child. My bar is low but he easily clears it. 

• Love 11

I can't not believe this show is going to make me defend and root for Jason. I can not.
What irritates me is that this is 2021. We've all watched CSI, Law and Order, NSCI so you just can not go

"Elizabeth named him, and an eye witness". 

All Dianne had to ask (and should have asked) was "did you do a gun power residue test? I mean i know he wears the same clothes all the time, but still. come on. Guh. 

however Jordan looked very pretty.
Carly needs to shut up. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, absnow54 said:
41 minutes ago, Daisy said:

"Elizabeth named him, and an eye witness". 

I missed today’s episode, but the eyewitness is obviously Cyrus, right?

It's Gladys, paid by Cyrus.

2 hours ago, driver18 said:

I liked Anna and Finn so their break-up made me sad, heck I almost cried.

Its pretty obvious we're gonna go the Anna/Valentin route eventually, and I'm OK with that. However, I do not want Finn with Jackie. I'm really, really hoping they'll chem test Finn and Elizabeth. A slow burn love story would be great with those two. (And it's what I've wanted for like ever.)

IA about Anna/Valentin. I’ve seen a few posts about Finn/Liz but I don’t see it. Even if they have amazing chemistry, it would be boring. Just more Friz family stuff with Finn playing super dad instead of Franco this time while Liz plays the surrogate mom to Violet, who is the most well adjusted kid ever considering Hayden disappeared and she was left with a father she just met.

Their angst would be a possible Hayden return and even then, what would it be? Finn and Hayden haven’t been together since 2017, no one is particularly concerned about what happened to her, and Finn isn’t harboring any feelings for her if her last return is anything to go by. I’d really love Liz to get a SL not involving her kids but I’m not holding out hope. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

. Franco:  If you want Cameron, you can have him right now.

Scott:  No, forget the kids. I don't like kids. [etc]

Those who saw or didn't see this scene can look at that and decide on a plausible reading. I took it that these two (S and F) were comfortable enough with each other by that point to joke around even while talking about serious things. I didn't take "If you want Cameron, you can have him right now" as evidence that Franco was seething with resentment over being denied Cameron's approval, and really wanted Cameron out of Elizabeth's house. He was patient and tactful in his actual interactions with Cameron.   

I did not see Franco seething in that scene; it was part of a casual conversation with Scott. I saw the "you can have him right now" as the truth of how he felt, which was that Cam's comments about his serial killer past and not sticking around and his general non-accepting attitude meant he's a brat and an inconvenience to Franco, but he's part of the package if Franco wanted a long-term relationship with Elizabeth. Franco easily dismissed anyone else who mentioned his past/the pain he caused people, but he couldn't do that with Cam.

I didn't think anything bad about Scott's "kids" comment because aside from Serena, he met his children when they were either a teenager or adults. He didn't struggle with raising multiple children.  I think he just meant he didn't want to raise young children or teenagers at this point in his life.

11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Aiden did not go to Ireland for Christmas 2020. Elizabeth's family didn't do much because Cam was upset about Dev's death and Franco just had post-Floating Rib explosion brain surgery. Their family scenes involved Elizabeth, Franco, and Cam chatting with Elizabeth's friend/Franco's doctor, Terry. Elizabeth told Terry that Jake and Aiden were upstairs, asleep and Cam told Franco that Jake and Aiden would be happy to see him (Franco) tomorrow (Christmas).

11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So Lucky is only 2/3 of a deadbeat dad. Good to know.🙄😒

Yes, when Franco returned home at Christmas in 2019 after being cured of having "Drew" in his brain, Elizabeth said Lucky invited Aiden to Ireland and she took him to the airport that morning. So Franco saw Jake at Christmas, but not Aiden.   

2 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

A Finn/Elizabeth pairing would be good soap especially if Hayden came back. Finn doesn't do much for me as a character but he's not a serial killer and actively parents his child. My bar is low but he easily clears it. 

Possibly. I think his next love interest will be an ex-lover (NOT Jackie!!!!)

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Jax noping out of listening to Liesl.

I would have noped out, too! Her line about evil being free and pretending to be good is rich with hypocrisy - she's screwing with Dante's mind to take down Peter! Dante is known to be a good man and was her "beloved" late son Nathan's best friend!! Not to mention all the other evil things she's done.

The only thing I have liked recently about the Peter storyline is when Cyrus said to Peter's face yesterday that his girlfriend Maxie "kicked you to the curb"😂 and he got this pissy look on his face, retorting that Maxie would take him back. Oh, and I liked Jordan's snark to Carly today about her recent loss when Carly was snarling about grieving widow Elizabeth accusing Jason. 

• Love 2