Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

It's just so galactically stupid.

Since they insist on amnesia!Sonny, put in him Port Charles where everyone knows who he is but he doesn't. It can be the reverse of the head-meets-tree story Jason went through decades ago. The tortured pretzeling of no one recognizing or being able to identify him in any way is jaw-droppingly dumb.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's just so galactically stupid.

Since they insist on amnesia!Sonny, put in him Port Charles where everyone knows who he is but he doesn't. It can be the reverse of the head-meets-tree story Jason went through decades ago. The tortured pretzeling of no one recognizing or being able to identify him in any way is jaw-droppingly dumb.

Seriously. Maybe it's my inability to put myself in the headspace of a Sonny fan, but I would think they would also find it boring watching Amnesiac Sonny interacting only with randoms. Where's the stakes, where's the story? If the focus is meant to be how Sonny's loved ones deal with his absence, then he should be off-screen. Or, since god forbid we have less MB, and the story for some reason isn't how everyone relates to a Sonny who doesn't know them; he needs to stumble into a larger story to play an unexpected part. Which I don't even what that would be, currently. Olbrecht's scheming? Something to do with the WSB? Running into a fugitive Peter and becoming BFF's (I mean, that sounds insufferable, because Peter and Sonny, but it would be kind of unexpected)?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Well, the cop did run ‘Mike’s’ prints but supposedly they weren’t in the system. What system you might ask? Probably the local jurisdiction since Sonny’s prints would definitely be on file with any national database. 

I’m pretty sure the cop said the results were inconclusive. And that’s because he did such a shitty job of putting the mug with Mooby’s fingerprints in his bag. He mashed and pushed it to the extent you could see any prints were smudged and smeared.

I even commented on what a list job he did, so no surprise when he said nothing came of it. Which led to Phillys’ tirade about equating what he’d done to how Blacks are treated by the cops. It was RAGE INDUCING. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

35 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

he needs to stumble into a larger story to play an unexpected part.

Yes. Nina being the one to initially find Sonny doesn't work for me because the family is already mad at her for having the nerve to tell Wiley he has a birth mother named Nelle. If Nina doesn't tell someone in PC immediately that Sonny isn't dead, it's another reason for Carly and Michael to yell at her. No, thank you. If anyone should screw with "Mike," it should be Cyrus. That would be fun to watch, and since everyone hates him anyway, he doesn't have much if anything to lose. No one is going to kill his mom.

• Love 13

I’m surprised Heinrik’s gun didn’t go off and shoot him in the ass when he fell over Nathan’s grave.🙄🙄🙄🙄

He looked so ridiculous when he pulled it on Cyrus.

Man, do I miss the days when Jaysus yelled at SheBeast that she wasn’t to say a word to Elizabeth. She’ll always be jealous and hate Elizabeth more than she does Robin because Elizabeth had his baby/child—something she’s ALWAYS wanted but never did.

It’s only been two days since Franco’s murder, so I’m sure as time passes, Elizabeth will realize that Jason didn’t kill Franco-but I wish Elizabeth had kicked SheBeast out of her house instead of letting her try to browbeat her. 

Oh, so Olivia feels she doesn’t have an identity of her own outside of being Leo/Dante’s mom and Ned’s wife? What has the Metro Court been all these years then? Make believe? So she just wants to forget all her responsibilities and behave like an adult and  just play spy games?🙄🙄😒😒😒

I don’t want Robert with Jackie and I CERTAINLY don’t want him with Olivia. I’m hoping now that things are getting better and more and more folks are getting vaccinated, that the story about Holly will pick up. If only to have Robert focus on rescuing her—With ANNA by his side.  NOT Olivia.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
On 3/20/2021 at 8:13 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Can you imagine the hilarity of Leisl going around telling anyone who will listen that her Nathan was so amazing he was able to see who Peter for who he really was and killed him from beyond the grave (to protect Maxie and little James, of course)?

This would be one of the very few times I'd want to watch a Dr. O scene!

On 3/20/2021 at 2:39 PM, 30 Helens said:

Has KM ever had chemistry with anyone? Maybe Jason at first, but not for a long time. She fizzled with Jax and Lucky. And Sonny. 

She had good chemistry with Billy Miller.

On 3/20/2021 at 2:40 PM, statsgirl said:

Can you imagine how Jake would feel finding out that his father murdered the stepfather he loves and who helped him get through his trauma? 

I would think that Jason isn't very invested in his (Jake's) feelings, which i think is a correct interpretation, and that Jason hated Franco (which is also a correct interpretation.  I kind of laughed at Jake referring to himself as "your son" in his statement for Franco's memorial.  Jason deserved to hear that. Still, to me the sentiment about Franco from those boys about Franco being their "dad" kind of made me roll my eyes because I looked up the history. Franco had been their live-in male role model for 3 years and about 7 months. That's less than a U.S. Presidential term. But yes, I understand he was the primary male influence on their lives on a daily basis. 

22 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

.....and, Leo is brother to both!

Not to mention, Sam's the mother of Dante's baby sister who passed away, since Sam had an affair with his father.

5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The TPTB seem to be full leather jackets ahead with the pairing of Dante & Sam. They look good together with their dark hair and leather jackets. 

I assume this is all the thought TPTB gave for this new pairing.

5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I seem to think the show might think pairing Easton & Monaaco again might be too much. That said, now that he is free they might pair him with Alexis....maybe.....kind of.....Time will tell. 

Yes, Alexis seems to be the most likely choice for Finn if they pair him with someone between now and summer. I personally thing NLG and ME have much stronger chemistry than he has ever had with FH.

When Anna said "my life is you and Violet now" in the Anna-Finn break-up scene,  I thought/hoped she would add "and of course, Robin and my grandkids" - or he would mention Robin's family - but I guess that's just too much for her to think about when she's so focused on saving Maxie from Peter.  It was a major oversight that there wasn't a mention of why Robin, Patrick, and the kids didn't come to see Robin's mother and Robin's cousin and "brother" get married!!!

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m pretty sure the cop said the results were inconclusive. And that’s because he did such a shitty job of putting the mug with Mooby’s fingerprints in his bag. He mashed and pushed it to the extent you could see any prints were smudged and smeared. 

I forgot that, but now that you mention it I just assumed that given the competence level Jordan was moonlighting in PA. 

7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh, so Olivia feels she doesn’t have an identity and f her own outside of being Leo/Dante’s mom and Ned’s wife? What has the Metro Court been all these years then? Make believe? So she just wants to forget all her responsibilities and behave like an adult abs just play spy games?🙄🙄😒😒😒

And of course to bring ziti, cannelloni, and lasagna to people in need. Which I think the writers are trying to make into the new cheeky inside joke like “it’s your house because Alan gave it to you.”

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Dante tried to talk Peter to death while holding a gun on him

And then Peter running away like the coward he is. Granted, if it were me I would have done the same exact thing while possibly pissing myself, but I’m not some supposed evil mastermind. What a little weenie he is.  

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

And then Peter running away like the coward he is. Granted, if it were me I would have done the same exact thing while possibly pissing myself, but I’m not some supposed evil mastermind. What a little weenie he is.  

You pissing yourself is irrelevant since you weren't walking around PC threatening every person in your path and telling them how you would win, or fucking with them because someone planted evidence against their ex so that your ass would be safe from them. 

Oh, look at me, the big bad. Now watch me cry and beg for my life.

Peter is a punk ass bitch. Eat your bullet and STFU, Peter. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Big bad Peter & Wes Ramsey were particularly bad during that whole scene. I’m beginning to agree more & more with Tristin Rogers assessment of Ramsey & this never ending storyline. Now, Peter is partnered with Cyrus. Frank will not let this actor or storyline go. Who would have thought sitting in your car in a parking lot would have caused this nightmare. Ugh!

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Now, Peter is partnered with Cyrus

Yeah, but that was pretty lame so far. Peter published the news about the dna test and that Finn is the daddy while Cyrus got Gladys to lie about seeing Jason disposing the gun.

Peter got far more out of it than Cyrus did. 

That little bit of evil doers getting together did not make either Peter or Cyrus to look clever or even evil.

• Love 2

The Sonny amnesia story really is such a dud, and they seem intent on stretching it out fooooooreeeeeevvverrr.

In other news, should we be concerned that Brook and Maxie are close to popping at the same time?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Peter got far more out of it than Cyrus did.

Cyrus gets Jason in jail and the Corithos mob without a leader without having to kill him. That seems like a big benefit to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The TPTB seem to be full leather jackets ahead with the pairing of Dante & Sam. They look good together with their dark hair and leather jackets.

It's probably just me but I couldn't help thinking how much they look like siblings, standing there in their leather jackets. But the flashback of Dante and Rocco was sweet. 

Since I wasn't watching when they had their ONS, did BL get pregnant on purpose? 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The Sonny amnesia story really is such a dud, and they seem intent on stretching it out fooooooreeeeeevvverrr.

In other news, should we be concerned that Brook and Maxie are close to popping at the same time?

I have no spoilers but I’ve seen some big anvils that Peter is kidnapping BL’s baby, like Valentin did to him, as revenge for outting him. I guess they could be doing a baby swap instead if they are killing off the Paxie baby but it doesn’t seem like Maxie will let Peter be around their kid and we just had that with Wiley. 

• Love 1
Just now, ffwbe said:

I have no spoilers but I’ve seen some big anvils that Peter is kidnapping BL’s baby, like Valentin did to him, as revenge for outting him. I guess they could be doing a baby swap instead if they are killing off the Paxie baby but it doesn’t seem like Maxie will let Peter be around their kid and we just had that with Wiley. 

The baby is the one foot in the door LWB/FS still has with Maxie so, if it were to die, I could see him replacing it with the Valentin/Brook Lynn baby, to doubly get revenge on Val and keep himself in Maxie's orbit.

I mean, I hope they don't do that, I hope they shoot LWB/FS into the sun as soon as possible.  But anytime a soap has two women about to pop like this, you have to wonder.

• Love 4

I almost want to see Peter kidnap Brook Lynn's baby just to see Valentin go scorched earth on him. Bonus if Tracy returns to help.

But with this show, it will probably be St. Jaysus to the rescue again.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

It's probably just me but I couldn't help thinking how much they look like siblings, standing there in their leather jackets. But the flashback of Dante and Rocco was sweet. 

Since I wasn't watching when they had their ONS, did BL get pregnant on purpose? 

It’s not just you. I also thought they look like brother & sister. I’m interested to see how far the show goes with this because they seem intent on breaking up Jason & Sam. Although, I wish Sam hadn’t talked Dante down with Peter. I mean the guy was laying there anyway so you might as well shoot him. I guess they will work together to reprogram him and find out who is pulling the strings or in this case clicking the pen. I hope they do it soon. I’m tired of Peter.

• Love 3

Speaking of Brook, I've been meaning to say, I do like that younger Q's Brook and Michael have a relationship, that they talk and care about each other.  I think Michael had more lines with Brook this week than he had with RPW's Dillon the entire time he was on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Maybe it's my inability to put myself in the headspace of a Sonny fan, but I would think they would also find it boring watching Amnesiac Sonny interacting only with randoms. Where's the stakes, where's the story? If the focus is meant to be how Sonny's loved ones deal with his absence, then he should be off-screen.

I keep tabs on Sonny fans elsewhere, and they hate it too. They're accustomed to seeing Sonny on top. What they want more than anything is for him to get back to Port Charles pronto, know who he is, take Cyrus down, and re-form his usual power bloc with Carly and Jason.  

That's the one and only reason I'm fine with the amnesia storyline going on for another six months, with Carly starting something with Jax or Jason along the way. I also wouldn't mind Carly going through a reprise of Liz and Lucky's story from 2000-02 -- Sonny not being able to remember any of his feelings for Carly and having sex with other women. I'm sadistic.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But anytime a soap has two women about to pop like this, you have to wonder.

Can’t somebody just lure them both to the top of the Q staircase and then say “boo”? Problem solved.

I really can’t handle another baby swap. I’m not sure I can even handle another baby non-swap. Enough with the plot point babies, already.

• Love 2
On 3/20/2021 at 9:43 AM, Katy M said:

But, he's the father.  the time to worry about if she could trust him was before the one night stand.  Valentin has every right to be a part of his child's life and the decision making

On 3/20/2021 at 3:07 PM, mostlylurking said:

That would be ridiculous given that he’s the dad and he’s allowed to be in the baby’s life, actually he is required to be whether he wants to or not(hello child support). How stupid does Brooklyn think Valentin is??  He’s not Sonny. 

A lot of people who watch soaps aren't that smart, so I don't like when they imply it is possible to cut the father out.  In the real courts, the first factor in the child's best interest is which parent is more likely to be good with the child's relationship with the other parent.  Yet you can get clients who think they can make a deal of I won't ask for child support if you back out completely.  While that can happen, it can't if there is a parent in court interested enough in the child to be there.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But anytime a soap has two women about to pop like this, you have to wonder.

What's ridiculous about this is that BL shouldn't be close to popping.   She and Valentin had sex at the end of October.  Which only makes her 5 months along.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

What's ridiculous about this is that BL shouldn't be close to popping.   She and Valentin had sex at the end of October.  Which only makes her 5 months along.  

They SORAS'd.

• LOL 8
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I almost want to see Peter kidnap Brook Lynn's baby just to see Valentin go scorched earth on him. Bonus is Tracy returns to help.

I would love to see that so much. I just really despise the Peter character.

Mr. Yadda asked me on Friday how many women were pregnant on the show when BL flashed her giant bump at Valentin. I didn't think he was paying attention.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm so confused as to this storyline because Amanda Sutton just came back and looks like she'll be back out on maternity leave very soon.  So is she going to disappear again?  

ETA:  Now I'm seeing she actually had her baby and this is a fake belly, so apologies--it looked very realistic.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I almost want to see Peter kidnap Brook Lynn's baby just to see Valentin go scorched earth on him. Bonus if Tracy returns to help.

This would be great, so you know it's not the path the show will take.

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But with this show, it will probably be St. Jaysus to the rescue again.

Obvs. GH law.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

The faster this plot point is dealt with, the better, AFAIC. You guys know how I feel about more babies on GH.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

They SORAS'd.

👍 for SORAS in utero. At this pace, barring a tock, the kid will be out of medical school or CEO of ELQ before the Peter storyline concludes. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I also wouldn't mind Carly going through a reprise of Liz and Lucky's story from 2000-02 -- Sonny not being able to remember any of his feelings for Carly and having sex with other women. I'm sadistic.

The problem with Sonny having sex with other women is that 1) she'd end up pregnant and infected with Sonny's syphilis variant because Sonny doesn't believe in condoms and 3) do the baby hoarders really need another baby to their collection? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

The problem with Sonny having sex with other women is that 1) she'd end up pregnant and infected with Sonny's syphilis variant because Sonny doesn't believe in condoms and 3) do the baby hoarders really need another baby to their collection? 

Don't laugh, but I totally fear Nina will sleep with "Mike" and he will cure her infertility.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Don't laugh, but I totally fear Nina will sleep with "Mike" and he will cure her infertility.  

Do you have to actually have sex with Sonny to get pregnant.  I feel like jsut being in the same room with him for too long will do the trick he's so superfertile.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This would be great, so you know it's not the path the show will take.

i don't know, Peter bellowing at Olivia and Valentin in the Metrocourt's restaurant today, and his parting line to Valentin, seems like a done deal for a set-up of him stealing the BL-Val baby.  Was Carly's deafness to the bellowing from a few feet away because LW isn't allowed to acknowledge her boyfriend? I've seen LW's Carly screech at people so much in her restaurant/around the hotel that my first thought was "Wow, LW and WR are a perfect match." 

So much awesomeness: Britt giving Peter a hard time once Maxie convinced him to unlock/open the door, and Robert showing up as Peter's trying to get Maxie to listen to him. Peter really hates being called "Heinrick," LOL. He looked like such a petulant teenage brat, trying to snarl at Robert. I 😂 at Peter. That' was probably not the writers' intention.  He had to step around Britt and Robert when asked to leave, which was also funny.

Carly, after crying to Jax that she can't lose Jason and getting reassuring hugs that she's not alone: "I care about you."

Me: "Yes, you care about him when you're getting what you want from him. The real reason you think it's good news that Nina has left town for now is because you don't want to hear the name Nelle, especially around Wiley." Now I wonder if she's going to have grief sex with Jax or Jason right as Sonny returns.

For the love of all that is holy, Chase dear, don't become BL's Jason. The BL character is still being written as an early 20 something who doesn't really know what do with herself and doesn't truly have a plan for her baby/for herself as a mother.  Chase is way too good for her.

Good grief, Mo is terrible. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 11

Wait, Robert is the DA?? Since when is Robert Scorpio a lawyer?

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It would be fun to Carly's reaction though...

Edited by VioletMarx
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

ETA:  Now I'm seeing she actually had her baby and this is a fake belly, so apologies--it looked very realistic.

That pregnancy belly is one of the most realistic things on the show right now, lol!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Shit-stirring Valentin is very entertaining, especially when Carly is on the other end of it.

Maxie did change the locks! One of the few smart things she's done when it comes to dealing with Peter.

Yes, having someone else's phone is certainly a sign of total evil. I couldn't stop laughing at Peter making that point over and over. So dumb. Bravo to Robert for throwing him out on his ear.

I also find Peter running around town as some super threatening person entertaining. I love that WR is leaning into the silly melodrama of it all.

Very soapy cliffhanger, even it was obviously going to happen. But why was it blocked so that Sonny was so tiny looking? Hee.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Do you have to actually have sex with Sonny to get pregnant.  I feel like jsut being in the same room with him for too long will do the trick he's so superfertile.

Sonny is GH's answer to immaculate conception.

In other news, Peter still sucks, but him taking off with BL's baby and handing it over to someone to avenge himself or raising it out of spite seems like it's going to happen.

As much as I can't stand Carly, I am just really tired of Nina talking about "my daughter." This storyline has been going on for years and years with no fucking end in sight. And now Wylie this and Wylie that. This show really hates me.

And no, show, Carly does win all the time and it is a competition because that's how you persist in writing it.

Mo continues to be a very bad actor.

Robert showing up and telling Peter to pack it up was really great. I love Robert. 

Can we get some kind of a resolution to Britt's jazz hand?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5

The show's cliff-hanger is Nina running into Sonny, as if I cared.  Everything about Sonny returning is bad, including Carly giving up her stranglehold on Jax. Nina needs to be freed from Carly's personal wimp.

I wish Olivia would stop dumping on Julian. There have been worse fathers on this show.

I called that Ned would try to use Brook Lynn's baby to get ELQ back. Skeevy as always, unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I also find Peter running around town as some super threatening person entertaining. I love that WR is leaning into the silly melodrama of it all.

It's hilarious. I never cared for Peter but I'm enjoying him as Snidely Whiplash. Nathan was Dudley Do Right.

34 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

Wait, Robert is the DA?? Since when is Robert Scorpio a lawyer?

He suddenly announced it one day when he'd been fired from the WSB that he'd been a lawyer all along. These on-line courses are amazing.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I wish Olivia would stop dumping on Julian. There have been worse fathers on this show.

The problem with this whole dumping on Julian as a father is that she didn't even allow him to be part of Leo's life for a long time. So if nothing else, she does share part of the blame in that.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I know. The guy is dead; give it a rest. When all is said and done, Julian was pretty gracious about how Olivia treated him and limited his access to Leo. He could have played hardball, but he didn't. She could at least allow him that.

And because it can't be said enough: You knew who he was when you grudge-fucked him, Liv, so STFU.

• Love 17
On 3/21/2021 at 2:35 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m surprised Heinrik’s gun didn’t go off and shoot him in the ass when he fell over Nathan’s grave.🙄🙄🙄🙄

I'm now really, seriously disappointed that this didn't happen!!! 😢

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 3/21/2021 at 2:40 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

Can you imagine how Jake would feel finding out that his father murdered the stepfather he loves and who helped him get through his trauma?

I think my head blew off.

Sporadic watcher here --how's reboot with Fran c? What will his next gig be?

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 2