Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Oh, and I want the local mob to be responsible for smashing the windows at the Tan-O.  Because Phyllis wouldn't pay protection money.  And I want Sonny to be angry about the mob hurtin' these nice people.  And then I want him to find out that he is one of those bully mobsters.

But Sonny is a GOOD mobster, a benevolent one! He would never, EVER take money from a struggling business. I’ve yet to figure out exactly what Sonny’s business actually is, since he keeps insisting he doesn’t deal with drugs or guns.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

But Sonny is a GOOD mobster, a benevolent one! He would never, EVER take money from a struggling business. I’ve yet to figure out exactly what Sonny’s business actually is, since he keeps insisting he doesn’t deal with drugs or guns.

Did he say he doesn't do guns.  I know he said he doesn't do drugs or prostitution.  I think it goes without saying he doesn't demand protection  money or he wouldn't be so beloved.🙄  But, I think all those shipments ARE guns.  What else?  Pirated videos?  Counterfeit designer jeans?

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

He's a coffee importer.

that's his cover.  Which is as important as the criminal enterprise.  tumble Dry was the best because anyone who uses an actual laundromat to launder money deserves credit.  RIP the good old days of GH.

12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

He's a coffee importer.

That's a comparatively new cover story. He had to be doing something in the 20 or so years between owning the strip club and creating the coffee business. 

I've been watching pretty faithfully since 1978, but I've either forgotten or never knew.

to keep this on topic: Less Sonny on the screen would still make me happy. Maybe once a month there could be a "Meanwhile, . . . ." scene that would briefly show him mopping the floor or washing tables. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Katy M said:

that's his cover.  Which is as important as the criminal enterprise.  

10 minutes ago, rur said:

That's a comparatively new cover story. He had to be doing something in the 20 or so years between owning the strip club and creating the coffee business. 

I've been watching pretty faithfully since 1978, but I've either forgotten or never knew.

It was meant as a joke.

10 minutes ago, rur said:

Comparatively new? Corinthos Coffee was established when Mo returned to GH at the end of 1998. Sonny came up with the idea when he was living on his island and shared it with Jason when he returned to Port Charles. The business is almost as old as is Michael and most of his siblings except Dante.

41 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Comparatively new? Corinthos Coffee was established when Mo returned to GH at the end of 1998. Sonny came up with the idea when he was living on his island and shared it with Jason when he returned to Port Charles. The business is almost as old as is Michael and most of his siblings except Dante.

My poorly made point was that it's been a heckuva long time that we haven't known where his money came from.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hoo boy, I don't love that we're nudging Britt into true Jason love interest territory with her visit to him at the prison and the leather jacket visual signifier and, of course, Sam misinterpreting A Moment between them.  

It seems like the Show is trying to set her up as a sort of a reformed bad girl (who still knows how to have fun and be devious) and contemporary Robin Scorpio blend, which would attract Jason.  Britt has spelled it out that her parents were both criminals who hurt people, and that her brother Peter has learned everything he knows from their psychopath father. Jason already knows that her father was obsessed with Robin's mother for many years, which is connected to Robin missing out on decades with her parents. Britt was at boarding school(s), college and medical school all her life, and I'm under the impression she rarely saw her parents. It's certainly been made clear there was not a positive/healthy relationship with her mother. Jason made the comment that he thinks Britt "knows what its like to be alone." 

Robin felt alone with her HIV+ status at the time she and Jason met, after Stone died.  We know from certain moments, like Britt saying she "never had girlfriends before" that she does feel alone, esp. with Brad in prison. She's suffering from what may be a serious illness, which Jason will no doubt find out about before long. Britt, like Robin, completed medical school and is a doctor. Britt is the chief of staff at General Hospital; Robin used to be chief of staff at GH. Both Robin and Britt were/are employed doctors, not dependent on a man's "power" or money to function and potentially have positions of authority in the community.  Britt doesn't need Jason other than for the Cyrus situation, whereas Carly and Sam have been highly dependent on Jason for a long time now.  I remember way back when Sam got very angry at Alexis for harshly telling the truth, that she didn't have any goals or desires in life other than to be Jason's girlfriend.  That was essentially true up until very recently; even when she was "independent" during her brief relationship with GV's Lucky, she got together with him to spite Jason.

So I'm sure it stings for Sam to see Jason looking comfortable in close proximity to Britt, and holding her hand, just a few months after she dumped him "for the kids sake."

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, rur said:

My poorly made point was that it's been a heckuva long time that we haven't known where his money came from.

All crimes that fall under the RICO Act, which include murder, money laundering, kidnapping. Tampering with witnesses, extortion, gambling, bribery, theft. Mooby and Jaysus have done all I’ve listed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/27/2021 at 8:29 AM, YaddaYadda said:

Britt hanging out around Jason is depressing. But since he had accepted her as a good person, I'm sure the rest of the town will line up to tell her how wrong they were and how much they love her. The Jasus Effect.

The slow-burn union of St. Jasus and Britt actually has me warming to KT and her character. SB isn't going to give her much to work with and KT, bless her heart, is really selling it. I'm actually a bit interested to see where this goes.

I'm also enjoying the bonding between Laura and Martin. Laura Collins is the Big Sister every guy probably doesn't even know they want or need.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I'm also enjoying the bonding between Laura and Martin. Laura Collins is the Big Sister every guy probably doesn't even know they want or need.

I really like this, too. It helps a lot that GF and MEK are pros, so they can create the necessary warmth. They're also getting writing that's quite good, for a change. I wonder if the same person is doing the Britt/Jason stuff, because that writing has been pretty good.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
52 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I really like this, too. It helps a lot that GF and MEK are pros, so they can create the necessary warmth. They're also getting writing that's quite good, for a change.

Yeah, I think Genie and Michael being pros is really helping, but they also have a great natural chemistry.  I 100% buy them as newfound siblings.

• Love 9

So I wondering if Liesl and her pen are going to go near Dante and start clicking away, not knowing that Kevin may have removed that trigger.

I am suprised at the number of people that hate Peter but still have their phone to send any news alerts from The Invader. Isn't there another newspaper in Port Charles. Wasn't that where Girl Reporter* used to work before moving to The Invader.

*I actually miss Lulu for a number of reasons besides my teasing of her journalistic efforts.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Isn't there another newspaper in Port Charles. Wasn't that where Girl Reporter* used to work before moving to The Invader.

There doesn't seem to be another newspaper, only that rag the Invader, heh. Lulu's first piece—where she blew the roof off the school cafeteria scandal—was for the Invader, I believe.

• LOL 1
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There doesn't seem to be another newspaper, only that rag the Invader, heh. Lulu's first piece—where she blew the roof off the school cafeteria scandal—was for the Invader, I believe.

I love the cheesy font and graphics on all the text alerts.  Leaning into that cheap tabloid journalism for all its worth.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

Did he say he doesn't do guns.  I know he said he doesn't do drugs or prostitution.  I think it goes without saying he doesn't demand protection  money or he wouldn't be so beloved.🙄

He must have threatened Julian with something (violence? burning down his gastropub?) to force him to carry Corinthos coffee. 

9 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think it goes without saying he doesn't demand protection  money or he wouldn't be so beloved.

Didn't Coleman have to pay protection money? 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I think Genie and Michael being pros is really helping, but they also have a great natural chemistry.  I 100% buy them as newfound siblings.

Yep, their scenes are great until Cyrus shows up with his "WHERE IS MY MOOTHERRRR????" routine. Totally kills all the joy.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, ciarra said:

i haven't the foggiest, but if he did, he didn't seem too put out by it. 

He missed his chance to send Sonny up the river.  Also, he's right.  Everything about PC court proceedings is a joke.

• Love 1
On 3/26/2021 at 7:35 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And SLS can also STFU about hoping that Nina gets the help she needs, as if she had suffered a mental breakdown before leaving town. This idiot can’t even think for himself; just parrots what his Cujo of a mother spews.

At first I thought “getting help” might be in reference to her grief over Nelle, but of course they’re setting her up as the big evil here because Michael is always right. I will admit I missed much of the Michael/Sasha scene as I was trying to figure out if CD finally got a haircut: the back looked well-groomed but the front was still all swoopy.

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

He must have threatened Julian with something (violence? burning down his gastropub?) to force him to carry Corinthos coffee. 

I don’t remember the exact threat but there was one.  I think Sonny even “convinced” Julian to display little table tent cards advertising it. 🙄

Is Dante’s de-programming by Kevin going to prove ineffective? I thought it was ridiculously quick, then got a mini-anvil with a musical cue and camera shot on Anna as someone mentioned that Dante would no longer respond to Dr. Kirk (implying he will to Leisl).  As usual, I may be significantly over-thinking this.

I was surprised to see Laura’s mention of Facebook by name, versus the usual MyFace.

Was MB really struggling worse than typically with his lines on Friday?  At first I thought he was upping his portrayal of amnesiac Mike, but his halting speech was (a) more than normal and (b) inconsistent.

Edited by mbluecpa
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

Was MB really struggling worse than typically with his lines on Friday?  At first I thought he was upping his portrayal of amnesiac Mike, but his halting speech was (a) more than normal and (b) inconsistent.

I noticed that too. My theory is that Mike's dialogue is more diverse than MB is used to.  Sonny basically has three or four redundant conversations with about 4 characters, mostly St. Jasus and Carly. Mike has to talk about a lot of different things with multiple characters and it's pushing MB to his limits.

I also noticed FH struggling a bit too, her responses to Olivia's questions about Dante were halting and not as mannered as the way Anna/FH usually speaks, but that may have been an acting choice.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Ugh, sorry but Leisl not being surprised that someone attacked Peter is not exactly damning evidence that she had anything to do with it.  I mean of course we know she was involved but so many people hate Peter why would this be shocking news?  Take a seat Anna.  And while I appreciate her wearing some color for a change that particular outfit looked like pajamas.

Good for Liz and her bitch face going off on Heinrich.  Tell that little smug asshole to pound salt.

Oh spare me the disapproving looks, Laura.  When Martin first came on the scene he was portrayed as a smarmy, cut throat lawyer.  Now we’re supposed to believe he’s some sort of Boy Scout.  Not that she’s any sort of angel either.   I get that Cyrus is a drug smuggler and obviously not perfect but he was correct in saying none of them are without sin but he’s just more honest about it.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5

Best part of today's episode was the nurse and doctor milling around in the background as fellow staff member Liz takes a jump on Peter right in front of her work station. This is one of those situations where I feel like the extras should maybe be directed to look at the very prominent scene unfolding. Anyway, good on Finn for stepping in and helping Liz wrangle Peter. I'm not sure if Finn/Liz are being chem tested for a potential future romance or if they're just united right now because of their links to Peter, but regardless, I appreciate Finn as Liz's ally.

Aw, I'm so glad Trina won't be losing Taggert to a prison cell. Honestly, there's been so much misery and grief on this show for months and taking Taggert away would have been overkill. We need some happiness (and some functional parent/child relationships) and lucky for Trina and Taggert that it was their turn.

Liesl: "Justice is coming, [Peter]. It's coming for you at last." Me: tick, tock, lady. I'm been waiting for what feeIs like ages for someone to best this dude and I'm losing patience. He's lied and gaslighted everyone close to him for too long. Let's do the damn thing already. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Ugh, sorry but Leisl not being surprised that someone attacked Peter is not exactly damning evidence that she had anything to do with it.

I don't thnk that's what Anna meant.  Anna knows that Dante was programed and triggered, so I think her point was that Liesl not being surprised might mean she was the trigger.  But she has no proof so she let it go, though did warn Liesl that if Dante reacted again, than it would mean someone was re-trigerring him.  

12 minutes ago, Linny said:

Best part of today's episode was the nurse and doctor milling around in the background as fellow staff member Liz takes a jump on Peter right in front of her work station. This is one of those situations where I feel like the extras should maybe be directed to look at the very prominent scene unfolding

THIS!!!  My first thought was why didn't the other nurse, who was literally 3 feet away from Liz, not once turn around like a human would if soemthing was going down right in front of their noses.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I don't thnk that's what Anna meant.  Anna knows that Dante was programed and triggered, so I think her point was that Liesl not being surprised might mean she was the trigger.  But she has no proof so she let it go, though did warn Liesl that if Dante reacted again, than it would mean someone was re-trigerring him.  

Plus despite all the people that want to see Peter punished, Liesl is the only one who is psychotic enough to use damaged Dante as her weapon.

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I wonder when the first shootout will happen in Curtis's club.

I hope Liesl and Anna team up to get rid of Peter, though Anna did light the fuse for Liesl to do it herself. If Anna thinks otherwise, she's devoid of brain cells.

LOL at Finn holding Elizabeth back from going at Peter.

19 minutes ago, Linny said:

Liesl: "Justice is coming, [Peter]. It's coming for you at last." Me: tick, tock, lady. I'm been waiting for what feeIs like ages for someone to best this dude and I'm losing patience.

Seriously. It's unlikely Peter will be killed (more's the pity), and they'll probably try to redeem him, so shoot him in the head and give him a change of personality so he's not walking around pretending to be the aggrieved party. He's such a whiner. "Why is everyone so mean to me?" Ugh.

I also want Cyrus to make a move. He's becoming something of a whiner about his mother. 

Laura was pretty naive to think Martin didn't have some skeletons in his closet. I'm surprised she didn't hear him out, though it's more a plot point than anything else.

Jason behind bars is not a "rare spectacle," Cyrus.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

and yes, Finn, you should have let Elizabeth fly and deck the bastard. 

Did they jump onto YouTube to hunt down the scene from 2005, when Robin hauled back and bitchslapped the SheBeast? Or when Robin went for Leisl's jugular in the hospital and Patrick had to pull her back?

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Finn holding Elizabeth back from going at Peter.

Yeah like 98 pounds of Elizabeth is going to hurt anybody.

25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I also want Cyrus to make a move. He's becoming something of a whiner about his mother. 

Laura was pretty naive to think Martin didn't have some skeletons in his closet. I'm surprised she didn't hear him out, though it's more a plot point than anything else.

Cyrus ruins everything. Laura seemed so happy to have another sibling. I think she and Martin will reconcile at some point in the future, maybe after Cyrus's timely demise.

Liesel did seem to inspire fear in Peter for the very first time. Interesting.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Liesl doesn't fuck around. Peter should be afraid of her.

The Maroon. Did he forget she worked side by side with Faison and enabled him for YEARS???? Oh, wait. I forgot who I was talking about.

• LOL 1

Peter: "Come on Liesl, so many accusations and so little proof. In fact, no proof whatsoever."  Oh Peter, you're talking to someone who doesn't give a damn about proof.   I have to say, I've never enjoyed Peter but I do like him going full over the top evil. It's also amusing how many times Peter says "But there's not PROOOOF." A lack of proof doesn't erase that you did the deeds.

I hope that they let Anna and Obrecht work together to take down Peter. Whatever Obrecht did in Steinmauer and with Kirk, she shouldn't have been in there in the first place.

Laura, the Metro Court is private property. Even the mayor can't get someone thrown out just because she wants to, and Cyrus wanting to know where his mother is and to have her in a facility that he is responsible for doesn't mean that he thinks of her as a possession. The more Laura and the show are anti-Cyrus while being pro Sonny and Jason, the more I'm on Cyrus' side.

They're making Curtis a super counselor but he's still Zzzz to me.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason behind bars is not a "rare spectacle," Cyrus.

Although having it stick would be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, ciarra said:

Coleman started to pay protection money when Jason took over the business from Sonny when Sonny decided to date his stepson Juan's ex-girlfriend (the one who he gave the 'sex talk' to with Carly, which didn't stop Guza from moving ahead with a storyline that was more than a little creepy and was bad enough that the network eventually put a halt to it).

Todd also bought one of Sonny's guns and wanted to murder him at court with it when RC initially took the reigns of the show (so during the RC era guns was indicated to be one of Sonny's businesses). Sadly, Todd didn't shoot Sonny. 😞

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Still watching but the one thing that made me laugh was after the judge yelled “in chambers!”, in the next court scene, when Portia and Trina are talking with Taggert, his day player lawyer was seen talking to someone.😆😆😆😆🙄🙄

But it was rage inducing to hear the stupid ADA act as if Taggert was on the same level as Mooby or Jason.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I did enjoy the scenes with Elizabeth and Finn and Heinrik. But man, he just cannot SHUT UP! At least he finally was shut up by Obrecht.

Man! Laura. Why? I hate when they make her out on the hypocrisy hat. UGH. I hate to say this, but Luke would have understood.

• Love 2

Dr. O (hearing about Dante attacking LWB/FS): How wonderful...but you said something horrible happened...

Me: Took the words right out of my mouth, girl! 

Here's my question...why did Dr. O bother going to Anna's house?  She was annoyed at being summoned, she had to know she was going to be interrogated.  I know the answer is Soaps!, but she should have skipped it and gotten a mani instead! 

In other news, big mistake stepping to and taunting Dr. O, LWB/FS.  Did he really forget all about his summer as her captive?  And she's even more motivated to make him suffer now than she was then!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

I'm trying to figure out how the Peter story doesn't end with every one in Port Charles as a suspect in Peter's murder. 

He is so over-the- top EEEEEVIIIILLL, going around town taunting everyone his crimes have hurt, this has got to be leading up to a whodunnit. 

• Love 5

I wonder if Heinrik getting in Elizabeth’s face with such desperation, will have her rethinking about Jason being the one who killed Franco?

Oh and UGH. Of Course Taggert has o “stay” with Jordan. Still keeping quiet about HER FUCKING ROLE in faking evidence against Cyrus.

Speaking of, he’s just coming off like a jealous jerk. 

I really liked the Obrecht with anyone scenes. She was downright scary with Peter. I think he totally realized that he’s a dead man. Hopefully, that will sometime soon. 

I felt bad for Martin when his little white lies caught up to him. He looked so hurt when Laura uninvited him to the family gathering. Hopefully, Martin & Laura will make up soon which would further piss off Cyrus. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Yeah like 98 pounds of Elizabeth is going to hurt anybody.

Well, Finn is correct in saying that Peter's the type of guy to have Elizabeth arrested for assault and refuse to drop charges unless Maxie specifically asked him to because hearing the news caused her (and thus the baby) stress.

Well, he should be afraid of Leisl. She's the who held him captive for weeks and tormented him. Now's she even more enraged knowing he killed her dear friend Franco.

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I hope that they let Anna and Obrecht work together to take down Peter.

Judging from the scene of Carly showing up at Anna's door, it looks like the Show has decided Anna and Carly are working together.  UGH.

5 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Take a seat Anna.  And while I appreciate her wearing some color for a change that particular outfit looked like pajamas.

Anna....wasn't wearing pajamas? I thought she was in pajamas because Anna felt her confrontation with/warning to Leisl Obrecht was so important she was doing it first thing in the morning, before even getting dressed for the day.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wonder if Heinrik getting in Elizabeth’s face with such desperation, will have her rethinking about Jason being the one who killed Franco?

Yes, his desperation and repeated insistence that Jason must not get away with killing Franco definitely seemed to make Elizabeth wonder about him as well as what Carly said (UGH). She now knows he originally wanted Andre and Franco dead, and I believe she also knows Peter kept Jason alive and a prisoner for years in order to use him against Faison. Or maybe she doesn't know that detail?

I like how Jason dismissed Carly's aggravation regarding Elizabeth with the fact that Elizabeth did see him over Franco's body and it's circumstantial evidence which isn't the problem. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I like how Jason dismissed Carly's aggravation regarding Elizabeth with the fact that Elizabeth did see him over Franco's body and it's circumstantial evidence which isn't the problem. 

That was pretty great. It wasn't even a blip on Jason's radar. 

I still think deep down Elizabeth knows Jason didn't kill Peter.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was pretty great. It wasn't even a blip on Jason's radar. 

I still think deep down Elizabeth knows Jason didn't kill Peter.

That was so glorious! And her open jaw reaction to it made my day.

I also think deep down Elizabeth knows Jason didn’t kill FRANCO, but she just jumped to that based on Jaysus leaning over him.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Anna....wasn't wearing pajamas? I thought she was in pajamas because Anna felt her confrontation with/warning to Leisl Obrecht was so important she was doing it first thing in the morning, before even getting dressed for the day.

I also thought they were pjs which is why I thought it was weird when Anna said Liesl was late. I was like, you’re not even dressed yet?  But then I noticed she had on heels so....yep not pjs.

• Useful 1

Curtis is setting up tables and chairs and the club doesn't even have a name yet and he isn't even thinking about publicity?  Alrighty then.

Laura defends Sonny and Jason all day long and chums it up with Carly, so her clutching her pearls about Martin's less-than-legal actions was the epitome of hypocrisy.  Good going, writers.

• Love 17

I actually liked Anna's pants. But then, I've been wearing sweat pants for the past 12 months so anything is a step up.

2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm trying to figure out how the Peter story doesn't end with every one in Port Charles as a suspect in Peter's murder.

That would be AWESOME. A Murder by Death scenario. I'm desperate for some fun on this show.

19 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I felt bad for Martin when his little white lies caught up to him.

He tried  to arrange to have Cyrus murder Julian so that Sonny would not find out that he had helped Julian. That's a bit more than a little white lie and makes him not so different from Sonny and Cyrus.

18 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Judging from the scene of Carly showing up at Anna's door, it looks like the Show has decided Anna and Carly are working together.  UGH.

UGH indeed. Their obsession to shoehorn Carly into everywhere, even into Peter's story that she's had little to do with so far.

Anna and Obrecht may be enemies but they have a number of things in common, intelligent, deviousness and experience with spy agencies to name three. Carly, on the other hand, is stupid, impetuous and has no knowledge of anything beyond listening to Jason. Stupid show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Laura defends Sonny and Jason all day long and chums it up with Carly, so her clutching her pearls about Martin's less-than-legal actions was the epitome of hypocrisy.  Good going, writers.

She was upset because the specific actions Cyrus brought up had to do with Martin helping Julian get out of town after Julian set the bomb that blew up the Floating Rib, and that explosion is why her daughter is now in a coma.  Cyrus is of course directly responsible for that, but I can understand that Laura, who is hurting deeply over Lulu's current circumstances, may feel like she needs to take a step back from Martin right now after hearing this information. 

• Love 3