Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Juan reminds me that there was also this tendency from Guza to have the younger men wanting to join a mob or being part of the mob, like with Juan, Zander, Dillion, and Ethan. Which has thankfully not carried over to the same extent.

It did get revived recently with Dev. Dev reminded me a lot of Juan, although I found the actor who played Dev more appealing. Michael Saucedo was really not good, and I hated that Amber Tamblyn was saddled with him for a year and a half...playing his 'gurfren' as Juan pronounced it.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’m still waiting to see who they are going to hook Marin up with. Who is left on canvas? Of course, MEK might have to toss that accent for me to take him seriously with any of the woman in Port Charles. Gawd! Why did he (or FV) give Martin an accent?

Actually, I'm happy to see Martin as one of the few Port Chuckles men that aren't hooked up, even though MEK has turned into a silver fox. Even more interesting, what if they turned Martin into a character that...wasn't into the ladies?

On another note, I had never been a Valentin fan, but JPS really has me warming up to the character. Having him surgically removed from Nina's rectum was a big part of it, but as another poster noted, Valentin/JPS really seems to enjoy being around people and it shows. He interacts more frequently, and more effortlessly, with other characters than anyone else on the canvas.

• Love 10

15 HOURS AGO, GHSCORPIOSRULE SAID:

Nina is just looking at him like a mute with crazy eyes. Her behavior would have made more sense if she were some reporter who happened by and recognized him. But PLOT! I guess.

I was also enjoying Valentin’s facial expressions and smiles-but that’s more of James Patrick Stuart than Valentin

Speaking of facial expressions, I though Nina was making crazy eyes and facial expressions that I have never seen that actress make before. Generally I find something ? with her face, I can't put my finger on it. So the expressions she was making seemed like she was moving her face how it wants to move and maybe usually she is supressing it (?).  Or maybe like above, she was being more CW then Nina (?).

Please let CW go full Annie Dutton-when she was on Guiding Light forever ago, she played a good girl who went cray-cray-and it was awesome!

Edited by ccphilly
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I think at this point Ava knows there's no appeasing Carly, so why even try. 

It's the same with Robin: She lets Carly gas on about whatever and then just walks away. A reply is pointless and not worth the energy. I approve of this strategy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 3/22/2021 at 4:32 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly to Jax: Michael and Willow decide on who Wiley can see. (paraphrasing)

Me:   Please.  Michael barely takes a dump without making sure it's ok with you.

Evidence this board influences how I watch the show: I legitimately expected Ava to drop this line when she was on her truth-telling spree with Carly yesterday. While I know the Ava/Carly dynamic won’t last, I enjoyed the hell out of those scenes. And yes, echoing someone above, I’ll bet LW and MW enjoyed delivering them as well. 

19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina's face while watching "Mike" was hilarious, like "I can't believe the gift that has fallen into my lap." I'm glad she's going to screw with Sonny and Carly for a bit, but of course it will make her Madame Mao once it all comes out.

I like that we’re getting just a hint of PotentiallyUnhinged!Nina. Her facial expressions hinted at a lot of inner dialog going on in her head. I was half hoping we’d get a whispered voiceover of her thoughts. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's the same with Robin: She lets Carly gas on about whatever and then just walks away. A reply is pointless and not worth the energy. I approve of this strategy.

Well, except for that one time when she returned in 2005, hauled back and BITCH SLAPPED the Beast.

I will never NOT love that. SheBeast deserved a lot worse, but I enjoyed it, even if Robin regretted it and hated herself for letting that beast goad her into giving into her more primal instincts.

There really should be a gif out there, but I can’t find it, so...

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Of course, MEK might have to toss that accent for me to take him seriously with any of the woman in Port Charles. Gawd! Why did he (or FV) give Martin an accent?

I really wish they'd Mac Scorpio that accent already. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And I know that the first thing they'll do is snatch Avery back from Ava.

Since he's officially declared dead - i'd have to imagine that whatever rights that Sonny had died with him. Which would mean that Ava has full legal custody and it would be up to her to renegotiate with Sonny. 

Ava giving Carly a smack down was really great.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I really wish they'd Mac Scorpio that accent already. 

So true. I don’t think their would mass demonstrations or Twitter trending if MEK dropped the Col. Sanders accent. I think he thought the role was a one off or a week at least and did the accent. Now, he’s been there for a year and I’m sure he wishes he hadn’t made that acting choice. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Daisy said:
20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And I know that the first thing they'll do is snatch Avery back from Ava.

Since he's officially declared dead - i'd have to imagine that whatever rights that Sonny had died with him. Which would mean that Ava has full legal custody and it would be up to her to renegotiate with Sonny. 

Except in Port Charles Sonny will just waltz into Wyndemere and grab Avery back while warning Ava not to overstep the next time he's presumed dead!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I loved original Brucas. IMO, PS and RC had great chemistry, and I really loved the characters together too. To me, they worked. And even though I found RC's Lucas ridiculously judgmental, I thought RC melded into the show very well. From his very first episode, he worked. To me, this nuLucas is just not cutting it, and I think it's largely b/c they do not write for him consistently. Every time I see him, I'm like, "Oh, yeah, that's supposedly Lucas." This is not, IMO, how you bring on a new guy on to play Lucas, but it goes to show how much they don't care about Lucas as a character. He is literally an afterthought. I cannot connect to Lucas or get a feel for this new actor when he is shown every 2-3 months for like 5-10 miutes an episode! 

Why is Maxie in a birthing class? Now, I was working and not paying attn, but did Maxie mention not ever attending a birthing class before? I haven't given birth, but is it normal to go to a birthing class for each pregnancy?  This is Maxie's third child. I would think she knows the basics. If they just wanted Peter to show up, they could have thought of a different reason for her to go to the class! She could have run into BLQ at the hospital just as she did, but without Britt or Lucas there, and then offered to go to the class w/BLQ. I don't know. As I watched Peter bursting in, I just wondered why Maxie was even at a birthing class w/this being her THIRD pregnancy. Haha! But I haven't given birth so maybe this is normal. 

Well, just as we knew would happen, Carly was a raving bitch to Nina and blocked her own blessing. If she had shut up for two minutes and just listened to Nina, she'd have her precious Sonny back! Oh well. It couldn't have happened to a better person. We know this will surely blow up in Nina's face, but I will be happy to know she's causing Carly pain and sufferieng! Carly deserves all the pain and suffering anyone can dole out AFAIC. 

I love that "Mike" is the one who puts the idea of keeping Carly from a loved one in Nina's head. That's just awesome! LOL! 

Michael is so pathetic. He cannot think for himself. He just does whatever his mom tells him. It's sad. If he doesn't think Nina having a relationship w/Wiley is bad, then he needs to stand up to his mommy and tell her that! I just wish one of Carly's kids had an opposing/counter position. Josslyn and Michael are just extensions of Carly and her views. They are like her mouthpieces. It's not interesting to watch, but they wouldn't dare let one of her kids tell her they disagreed w/her. Only those outside of the clan/cult have differing opinions, and they are always wrong and evil! Ugh . . .  this show !

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I loved original Brucas. IMO, PS and RC had great chemistry, and I really loved the characters together too. To me, they worked. And even though I found RC's Lucas ridiculously judgmental, I thought RC melded into the show very well. From his very first episode, he worked. To me, this nuLucas is just not cutting it, and I think it's largely b/c they do not write for him consistently. Every time I see him, I'm like, "Oh, yeah, that's supposedly Lucas." This is not, IMO, how you bring on a new guy on to play Lucas, but it goes to show how much they don't care about Lucas as a character. He is literally an afterthought. I cannot connect to Lucas or get a feel for this new actor when he is shown every 2-3 months for like 5-10 miutes an episode! 

Why is Maxie in a birthing class? Now, I was working and not paying attn, but did Maxie mention not ever attending a birthing class before? I haven't given birth, but is it normal to go to a birthing class for each pregnancy?  This is Maxie's third child. I would think she knows the basics. If they just wanted Peter to show up, they could have thought of a different reason for her to go to the class! She could have run into BLQ at the hospital just as she did, but without Britt or Lucas there, and then offered to go to the class w/BLQ. I don't know. As I watched Peter bursting in, I just wondered why Maxie was even at a birthing class w/this being her THIRD pregnancy. Haha! But I haven't given birth so maybe this is normal. 

Well, just as we knew would happen, Carly was a raving bitch to Nina and blocked her own blessing. If she had shut up for two minutes and just listened to Nina, she'd have her precious Sonny back! Oh well. It couldn't have happened to a better person. We know this will surely blow up in Nina's face, but I will be happy to know she's causing Carly pain and sufferieng! Carly deserves all the pain and suffering anyone can dole out AFAIC. 

I love that "Mike" is the one who puts the idea of keeping Carly from a loved one in Nina's head. That's just awesome! LOL! 

Michael is so pathetic. He cannot think for himself. He just does whatever his mom tells him. It's sad. If he doesn't think Nina having a relationship w/Wiley is bad, then he needs to stand up to his mommy and tell her that! I just wish one of Carly's kids had an opposing/counter position. Josslyn and Michael are just extensions of Carly and her views. They are like her mouthpieces. It's not interesting to watch, but they wouldn't dare let one of her kids tell her they disagreed w/her. Only those outside of the clan/cult have differing opinions, and they are always wrong and evil! Ugh . . .  this show !

Donna is our only hope. 

I mean it's Carly so yeah her raging is nothing new. but what is her glitch for going off on Nina?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

You know what would be a hoot?  If "Mike" ended up sleeping with Nina and knocking her up.  (Running for my life now).

oh you better.

• LOL 7
43 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Call me crazy but BL’s behavior today makes me think she’s not really pregnant at all. 

Really?  What makes you think that?  Are you thinking that she'll get Valentin to sign over his ELQ whatevers then say ha, ha, I was never pregnant, jokes on you.  Because now that I say it out loud I could see that happening.  Though considering how happy Valentin is right now, I'd be very sad to see him hurt that way.  He doesn't deserve it.  Peter on the other hand......

33 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Maxie was even at a birthing class w/this being her THIRD pregnancy. Haha! But I haven't given birth so maybe this is normal. 

Where I come from you have a birthing class the first time around, and that's it.  Unless it's been years since your last baby and you want a refresher, but those classes are such a waste of time, you dont' need them after the first time.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The kids on this show are growing up so fast.  Last week, Hudson West had changed so much since the last time we saw him,  that I thought it was a recast at first.  Then today, Charlotte's looking like she's ready to borrow Papa's car and start dating. 

I did find it hilarious that Valentin was all, 'youre going to have a sibling' and Charlotte was all, 'hell to the no'.   I also loved Valentin's ' I have a shoulder for you to cry on if you need it' to Anna.    I'm guessing that we're heading towards a Valentin/Anna, Portia/Curtis and possibly a Taggert/Jordan go around.  

Love Britt being Maxie's guardian when it comes to Peter.    

Ahh Carly, just shut up for once.  I know that Nina will get the full force of the Corinthi rage when the truth comes out and the thought of that pisses me off royally because had Carly just shut her freakin' yap for five minutes and let Nina talk, Sonny would be home tonight.  

• Love 6

Please, Carly, just admit that the reason you don't want Nina in Wylie's life is because you want to be the only grandmother he loves. Drop dead, Carly. I am so tired of her feeling like she has to be in constant competition with the other women around her. Carly is so toxic and raised a very toxic daughter. So it's all good because nothing will change after Carly kicks the bucket.

I see that Michael's balls still haven't dropped. 

Charlotte is still an unlikable brat. 

Peter is a loser.

Trina and Taggert's scenes were good and I'm assuming it's full steam ahead with Curtis and Portia. And, please, Curtis, you knew who Jordan was before you married her and didn't care. So let's not rewrite history so that you can have a clean conscience about this. 

I did not mind the Anna / Jordan scenes. They felt normal, I thought.

Are they going to revisit Felix/Lucas?

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Why is Maxie in a birthing class? Now, I was working and not paying attn, but did Maxie mention not ever attending a birthing class before? I haven't given birth, but is it normal to go to a birthing class for each pregnancy? 

We did not do a birthing class for #2. I guess it would make sense to take a class if you want to try a different birthing method, or maybe they were taking it since it's Peter's first baby (even though he helped deliver James...) I'm pretty sure it was more setup for the inevitable Brooke/Maxie baby swap.

• Useful 1

Carly: Nina! Ava told me that you were going to sue for Custody of Wiley.

Me: um. no. what Ava told you was that you all should be gracious to Nina and let her bond with her grandson like she did with you and Avery even though she didn't have to, because it was what was good for Avery. AND if you continued to act like like a cow (that you are), wouldn't it be something IF Nina found out that she DID have right to access to her grandson especially because the biological mother was dead. 

Nina: No! What are you talking about? Listen

Carly: It's a bad idea to play games with MY GRANDSON

Me: um. Carly. Nina is Wiley's grandmother too (God i hate that name, Wiley)

Carly: Insert bitchy rant about taking Nina's past and throwing it in her face.

Me: oh can we please do this, and then throw in the fact that Wiley's entire support system is comprised of murderers who get arrested every other week? 

Nina: Can you please listen?

Carly: YOU WILL LOSE.

Me: you know. I'm pretty okay with Nina never saying anything ever in life now. Yeup. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

I wouldn't take legal advice from Jordan if she were the last person on Earth. Taggert, consult your lawyer instead.

"She's going to allow you to have a say in this child's life?" Uh, Anna, Valentin is the father, he doesn't need permission.

The way Carly was with Nina on the phone, I wonder if she (Carly) would have believed Nina that she found Sonny. It would be entirely in character for Carly to think Nina was messing with her because of the stupid Wiley crap. (Why isn't this child dead yet?!) Actually, that would have been great. Carly refuses to believe Nina about Sonny, and Nina decides she's done all she's going to do. Sonny doesn't return to PC because his screeching wife can't just shut it for once. Hee.

Charlotte seems a little old for a playdate with Violet.

Did anyone else think it was creepy that Lucas was going to "sit in" on the Lamaze class? He's supposed to be a busy doctor. Also, big fat no to him getting together with Felix.

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And, please, Curtis, you knew who Jordan was before you married her and didn't care. So let's not rewrite history so that you can have a clean conscience about this. 

I know. Portia's similar feelings about Taggert are just as annoying. I get that living with a cop can be rough, but they usually have a good reason for not talking about their work. It's gross that people acting even semi-professionally are being slagged for that.

"Nina's had a history of mental illness in the past..." Oh, Michael, so has your mother. The only thing Carly can't go toe to toe with Nina on is Nina ripping Avery out of Ava's body, but that doesn't mean Carly is squeaky clean.

Obviously Sonny doesn't remember a thing about Carly or he'd never say she is capable of feeling anyone else's pain. Heh.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

God i hate that name, Wiley

Omg, so do I! Every time someone says it, I cringe. And since he is mentioned a lot, I'm afraid my face is going to freeze in a cringe.

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Call me crazy but BL’s behavior today makes me think she’s not really pregnant at all. 

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about that too. She was really vague about the OB she'd been seeing, vague about seeing a new OB, and reluctant to join the Lamaze class. (Are all prenatal classes in the US Lamaze classes? I took prenatal classes here in Canada, and we never once discussed breathing techniques. Nor was the word "Lamaze" ever mentioned.)

How old is Charlotte supposed to be? She has definitely grown up a lot - not only is she taller, but her voice is definitely more mature. She looks as though she should be babysitting Violet on a Saturday afternoon rather than having a playdate with her. And she looks too old for a Shirley Temple. And she definitely looks too old to be worried about sharing things (including her father) with a baby. If anything, she looks old enough to be embarrassed that her father got a random woman pregnant.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

This is not, IMO, how you bring on a new guy on to play Lucas, but it goes to show how much they don't care about Lucas as a character. He is literally an afterthought. I cannot connect to Lucas or get a feel for this new actor when he is shown every 2-3 months for like 5-10 miutes an episode! 

He's become the Brian And Claudia of the 2020s. 

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly refuses to believe Nina about Sonny, and Nina decides she's done all she's going to do. Sonny doesn't return to PC because his screeching wife can't just shut it for once. Hee.

You have no idea what a pleasant reverie this provided for me. Thank you.😃

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

And she looks too old for a Shirley Temple.

You're never too old for a Shirley Temple! 

My 9-year-old niece loves them, but she always asks for extra cherries, so I think that's the real allure.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Omg, so do I! Every time someone says it, I cringe. And since he is mentioned a lot, I'm afraid my face is going to freeze in a cringe.

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about that too. She was really vague about the OB she'd been seeing, vague about seeing a new OB, and reluctant to join the Lamaze class. (Are all prenatal classes in the US Lamaze classes? I took prenatal classes here in Canada, and we never once discussed breathing techniques. Nor was the word "Lamaze" ever mentioned.)

How old is Charlotte supposed to be? She has definitely grown up a lot - not only is she taller, but her voice is definitely more mature. She looks as though she should be babysitting Violet on a Saturday afternoon rather than having a playdate with her. And she looks too old for a Shirley Temple. And she definitely looks too old to be worried about sharing things (including her father) with a baby. If anything, she looks old enough to be embarrassed that her father got a random woman pregnant.

I'm 40. 
I adore Shirley Temples. 

The thing is i didn't hate the name before but...yeah the show just killed the name for me. Just can not stand it. 

i am on team brooklyn is not pregnant too. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, lala2 said:

That said, I really wish Nina didn't care so much about Wiley! That brat is basically the new Golden Child.

Nina had a good explanation today for "Mike."  Her daughter was taken from her and she did not choose the adoptive parents. She regrets that Nelle could have had a better life.   Her only chance now to sort of do right by her deceased daughter is to have a loving relationship with her only descendent, grandson Wiley.  Sure she loves her former stepdaughter Charlotte, and her brother/cousin's son James, but it's not the same.

17 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

what the hell with Laura warning Elizabeth that "Carly will do everything in her power to get Jason exonerated" as if Elizabeth was the district attorney prosecuting Jason.

Because Laura came to tell Elizabeth that Jason had been arrested for her husband's murder, and Elizabeth responded she already heard the news from Carly, who was intent on making Elizabeth change her mind about Jason's guilt.  Laura was confirming what Elizabeth had just experienced.  Laura was wrong in a recent episode when she told Carly that Franco had been murdered, before she even spoke with Franco's family!!

10 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I did find it hilarious that Valentin was all, 'youre going to have a sibling' and Charlotte was all, 'hell to the no'.   I also loved Valentin's ' I have a shoulder for you to cry on if you need it' to Anna.    I'm guessing that we're heading towards a Valentin/Anna, Portia/Curtis and possibly a Taggert/Jordan go around.  

Love Britt being Maxie's guardian when it comes to Peter.    

Ahh Carly, just shut up for once.    

Yup to all of this. Charlotte does NOT want to share "Papa." I was expecting her to ask, "Who's going to be the mom?" after she pointed out that Rocco is "mom's son."  

Britt was great with Peter, but Maxie's confidence in how she's going to deal with Peter, and BL's confidence in how she's going to deal with Valentin, pretty much guarantees there's going to be some kind of baby kidnapping or swap plot.

I actually had to laugh that right after Carly tried to shut Ava down by saying Michael and Willow make the decisions about Wiley, she proves all of Nina's points in her conversation with Michael.  I hope Willow finds out how dismissive Carly is of her and her feelings regarding decisions about Wiley's life.  It's not like Wiley's life was in danger when Michael told Nina in front of Carly that she couldn't see Wiley for now. Michael absolutely could have waited and spoken to Willow first.  By "we" Carly means herself, with Michael going along with whatever she says/decides and Willow will be expected to fall in line.

8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Please, Carly, just admit that the reason you don't want Nina in Wylie's life is because you want to be the only grandmother he loves. Drop dead, Carly. I am so tired of her feeling like she has to be in constant competition with the other women around her. Carly is so toxic and raised a very toxic daughter. 

I see that Michael's balls still haven't dropped. 

Charlotte is still an unlikable brat. 

Peter is a loser.

YUP!!

I get the impression "Mike" is developing a crush on Nina? I find that hilarious.  "Mike"/Sonny is far more tolerable around her than he has been around others in ... not sure I can remember that far back. I enjoyed the happy, devious smile on Nina'a face. 

Trina, dear, Franco was Cam's STEPdad, not his dad. You've known your dad your entire life.  So, are Portia's "I still have feelings for you" vibes toward Curtis, the mention of their past, and Trina making peace/being friendly with Curtis leading up to a "Taggert's not her biological father" reveal in the future?

NuLucas being supportive of BL and giving off potentially interested vibes to Felix just seems clunky.

• Love 2
Just now, Bringonthedrama said:

I get the impression "Mike" is developing a crush on Nina? I find that hilarious.  "Mike"/Sonny is far more tolerable around her than he has been around others in ... not sure I can remember that far back. I enjoyed the happy, devious smile on Nina'a face. 

Well he is trying very hard to get his flirt on.

1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Trina, dear, Franco was Cam's STEPdad, not his dad. You've known your dad your entire life.  So, are Portia's "I still have feelings for you" vibes toward Curtis, the mention of their past, and Trina making peace/being friendly with Curtis leading up to a "Taggert's not her biological father" reveal in the future?

Since Curtis is all about honesty and how Jordan kept all that stuff hidden from him, and practically called her two-faced today, I don't know how he gets past Portia not telling him about Trina, especially since he asked her point blank if Trina was his daughter.

5 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

Carly: *threatens Nina for five straight minutes*

Also Carly: I CAN'T BELIEVE NINA MIGHT HAVE THREATENED ME

🤣  right? like 
It sounded like a threat. it sounded like what Nelle would have said...

honestly this cow makes me so tired.

• Love 6

No way BL is really pregnant.  I'd laugh if Charlotte figured it out although she's exactly the brat Valentin and Nina enabled her to be. So will she take Maxie's baby? What's her endgame? 

Under no circumstances should  Nina and Sonny get into bed. But I'm fine with Nina keeping quiet after Carly rambled her threats instead of listening. But the better play for Nina would be to tell Michael about Sonny then never let him or anyone else forget it.

What the hell kind of acting is WS going for? I don't think Peter bursting through the door was supposed to be comedy but it was. He's so bad.

• Love 4

So then, I guess Brookie's pregnancy test when she left town last Fall was probably a false positive? Or she had a miscarriage? Or an abortion? I'm doubtful of the last, as it seems soaps don't have the guts to actually revisit this as an option. Who had the last abortion? Lulu, right? And that was in, Good lord, 2006!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Since Curtis is all about honesty and how Jordan kept all that stuff hidden from him, and practically called her two-faced today, I don't know how he gets past Portia not telling him about Trina, especially since he asked her point blank if Trina was his daughter.

He did?  Well,  it could be that  she believes Trina is Taggert's, but she's wrong.

42 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

No way BL is really pregnant. 

? I don't think Peter bursting through the door was supposed to be comedy but it was. He's so bad.

She seemed sincere when talking to Chase about having doubts about being a mother, and for her to lie to her father this way and hurt him by getting invested in a grandchild that's not real, while he's already under stress because his marriage is on the rocks, would be a shitty thing to do. BL seems to genuinely love her dad. I'm also not sure she would lie to Michael when they supposedly have an honest, trusting cousins relationship. 

The "traffic was murder" line was sooo bad. Eye-roll worthy.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So then, I guess Brookie's pregnancy test when she left town last Fall was probably a false positive?

They actually never showed her taking the test--just looking at one she had purchased.

And I'm now more interested as to what her plaaaaaaan (tm Carly) is.

The way Carly relayed that phone conversation to Michael was something.  It wasn't the actual conversation, that's for sure.  If anyone was the one throwing out threats it was Carly.  Unbelievable.  Let the bitter old widow SUFFER!!!

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They actually never showed her taking the test--just looking at one she had purchased.

And I'm now more interested as to what her plaaaaaaan (tm Carly) is.

The way Carly relayed that phone conversation to Michael was something.  It wasn't the actual conversation, that's for sure.  If anyone was the one throwing out threats it was Carly.  Unbelievable.  Let the bitter old widow SUFFER!!!

Right? Like I'm sorry - if you came in late and missed the 1st half of the show, and just heard Carly's side of it, I would legit be like oh goodness what on earth did Nina say?  but it was literally like

"Hello?" 
"It's me Nina."
Insert a good 5 minutes of threats
"You made your bed, lie in it alone, Carly."

Then Carly.

Carly: oh my god, Micheal, i mean. I told you! she's mentally ill! She threatened me! She sounded like Nelle! 
Micheal: so what did you say
Carly: oh that we will totally end her ass. 
Micheal. oh. coffee?

the fact that Micheal is hearing this conversation, and basically hears Carly say that she told Nina that she would destroy Nina if she tried to get visitation rights(NOT EVEN FREAKING CUSTODY. JUST THE RIGHT TO SEE HER GRANDKID). and Micheal doesn't even go. "well you kind of overreacted..". good gravy on biscuits. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

What the hell kind of acting is WS going for? I don't think Peter bursting through the door was supposed to be comedy but it was. He's so bad.

I laughed. I love that the town all collectively hates him. Just leave, dude. I mean clearly he’s “dangerous” but I think it’s funny that everyone is treating him like he’s annoying and has cooties. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

It's been interesting to me how GH is showing me I who I dislike most between various characters. For example, I hate Jason and Peter. They are pitted against one another  and I find myself rooting for Jason. Interesting. Not a fan of Nina and can't stand Carly. Find myself firmly on Team Nina. Even more surprising, if find myself actually somewhat interested in Nina hooking up with Sonny (and I NEVER want more Sonny, especially romantic Sonny) just to really screw with Carly. Now if they will just have a Michael vs. Charlotte storyline, I'll figure out which brat I hate the least.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

IDGAF! I think GH is some damn great soap right now. I find myself watching and enjoying almost everything. Even the Carly stuff because I enjoy watching how consistently awful she is and how people are calling her out more and more. The Sonny stuff now that Nina is there us good. The Jason stuff because of Britt. Yeah, other than a few scenes here and there, I'm watching and enjoying everything 

• Love 3

Was today the "Change lobsters and dance" episode? Curtis with Portia, Anna with Valentin, Jordan with Taggart...

Charlotte was in grade 3 with Aiden 2 years ago which would make her at last twice Violet's age now. An age whered she would resent the term "playdate".

Carly to Ava 2 days ago:  Michael and Willow make the decisions about Wiley.

Carly to Michael today:    You better not let Nina see Ava.

Sonny wants Nina's widow to learn what it's like to be without someone she loves. Finally he says something I can agree with.

I find the police commissioner's approval of a private citizen kidnapping Cyrus' mother and how she's eager to take advantage of the situation disturbing.

Brook Lynn would need to be incredibly stupid to fake a pregnancy. Not only did she not find out about Valentine being willing to exchange the proxies for Wylie visitation until after she got to town with her ginormous belly, Valentin is not Michael, he's one of the smart guys. He's going to figure it out if she's faking it and his revenge won't be sweet.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"Nina's had a history of mental illness in the past..." Oh, Michael, so has your mother. The only thing Carly can't go toe to toe with Nina on is Nina ripping Avery out of Ava's body, but that doesn't mean Carly is squeaky clean.

Kidnapping a baby and lying about it is right up her alley though.

• Love 4

As predicted, Carly's "Be a bitch first, ask questions later" approach to life bit her in the ass.  Given what a hypocritical shrew she was being on the phone (like Carly's background is drama-free and absent any mental health issues), ya can't blame Nina at all.

I'm glad Brook pointed out what an insensitive idea it was for Maxie to suggest Lucas be her Lamaze partner given what he went through having and losing Wiley.  But of course, Lucas is totally over that!  And why wouldn't he be! #eyeroll.

I'm also glad that Brook and Britt spoke and that things were a bit bitchy between them, my girls!  So is Brook really having Pillowena, The Second Coming?

Finally, they can go ahead and stop this every-eight-weeks flirtation between Lucas and Felix right now.  Tell a real love story with Lucas, Show, and forget you dug Felix out of mothballs.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

I laughed. I love that the town all collectively hates him. Just leave, dude. I mean clearly he’s “dangerous” but I think it’s funny that everyone is treating him like he’s annoying and has cooties. 

I admit I laughed at his, "traffic was murder" line. Everything about WR's portrayal of Peter has been completely silly, which I'm sure was not the Juilliard alum's intention, but maybe he should just lean into it and be in on the joke from here on out. I do have to say he did some of his most natural acting in that quick scene with KT. Her streak of making unlikeable characters semi bearable continues. 

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

We all saw the Carly/Nina phone call and Carly's subsequent delusional interpretation coming a mile away but it's still so frustrating. I know in the end Nina will lose and Carly will win but until that time comes I'll enjoy Nina making trouble for Carly in a storyline that's actually soapy. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

What the hell kind of acting is WS going for? I don't think Peter bursting through the door was supposed to be comedy but it was. He's so ba

Wimpy Peter trying in the leather jacket trying to look macho--Jim Morrison must be turning over in his grave

Was I hallucinating or didn't Snarly say he was pregnant tat Mike's memorial?  She's more likely a candidate form menopause.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
33 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

We all saw the Carly/Nina phone call and Carly's subsequent delusional interpretation coming a mile away but it's still so frustrating. I know in the end Nina will lose and Carly will win but until that time comes I'll enjoy Nina making trouble for Carly in a storyline that's actually soapy. 

If you replaced another character in Carly's spot in regard to thinking her husband was dead and now someone knew he wasn't and kept it from her, you would be soooo sympathetic to her.  Like if it was Elizabeth or Robin or Alexis or literally any. other. character.  But because Carly is SUCH a bitch, everyone is rooting against her.  I don't think that's what the writers think (I truly believe they see Carly as a warrior princess who loves with her whole heart and fights for those she loves and never does anything outside the realm of acceptable), but man, they are way off the mark.

48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Brook Lynn would need to be incredibly stupid to fake a pregnancy.

If she's not, then her scenes today really made no sense.  And now I feel like she's going to rope Lucas into helping her. 

• Love 4

I like LW. I’ve been a fan of her her since Loving & Guiding Light. That said, she really needs to stop with all the facial expressions. I don’t if it’s her or she’s being directed that way but she’s moving in every direction which aren’t exactly flattering.

Further more in the face department. Does Amanda Setton act with her lips or it just me? It’s kind of weird what she does with her lips. I’m guess its an acting tick but it’s all I look at now. 

I’m curious to see how long Nina stays in Pennsylvania? I’m assuming Jax will find her at some point but I’m interested to see how long this storyline goes. Does she romance Sonny all the way to the alter. That could go well into summer. At least, it’s something different. Because I was dying a slow death with the couple & Sonny at the bar. Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I’m curious to see how long Nina stays in Pennsylvania? I’m assuming Jax will find her at some point

I hope Nina goes back to PC on her own. As long as she's screwing with Carly, she might as well return and screw with her a bit more, then present Sonny in a "ta-da!" moment. "Look who I found wandering outside!" Heh.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

IMO, WR is leaning into it and is in on the joke. I'm digging it.

Oh he totally is. Last week when he taunted Sam with the fact that Jason was arrested and then telling her that Maxie texted him to meet her? it was hilarious as Sam is throwing him bitchy faces as he delivers his news.

• Love 3

Shouldn't Nina have said "hahaIknowwhereSonnyis!" and then put the phone down? How is Nina getting one over on Carly otherwise?

I feel like Peter just is randomly dropped into episodes and then acts like he drank a bunch of coffee.

Sooo Dante has a breakdown and Maxie doesn't ask after her him or anything? And he's not on until three episodes after that? So shoddy. Although I'm petty and so, fine with his relationship with Sam getting minimal screen time.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

How old is Charlotte supposed to be? She has definitely grown up a lot - not only is she taller, but her voice is definitely more mature. She looks as though she should be babysitting Violet on a Saturday afternoon rather than having a playdate with her. t.

I think about 11 years old? 5th or 6th grade? Per Finn, Violet is in kindergarten, so Charlotte is definitely too old for a playdate with her. I didn't realize that Charlotte is friendly enough with Anna to hug her. 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm also glad that Brook and Britt spoke and that things were a bit bitchy between them, my girls!  

This is the second time BL has acknowledged knowing Lulu is in a coma. She told Ned she mostly flirted with "Dusty" to irritate Lulu. Does she know that her friend and so-called ex/former muse "Dusty" died from his injuries? Maxie is best friends with Lulu, but also knew Dustin pretty well since he was Lulu's boyfriend.