Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

This is the second time BL has acknowledged knowing Lulu is in a coma. She told Ned she mostly flirted with "Dusty" to irritate Lulu. Does she know that her friend and so-called ex/former muse "Dusty" died from his injuries? Maxie is best friends with Lulu, but also knew Dustin pretty well since he was Lulu's boyfriend. 

BL knows Dusty died. She mentioned it after she talked about Lulu being in a coma that first time.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Shouldn't Nina have said "hahaIknowwhereSonnyis!" and then put the phone down? How is Nina getting one over on Carly otherwise?

I think Nina should just keep dropping cryptic comments to Carly, like she did today, "you made your bed, now lie in it, alone !" Just to slowly drive Carly crazy. Of course it will come back to bite her in the end, but in the meantime she can torture Carly. 

An interesting twist might be that "Mike" and Nina grow closer and he wants to support her against the "bitter widow" that kept Nina from knowing about her daughter. Nina eventually brings Sonny back to Port Charles but he still hasn't regained his memory, so he testifies for Nina against Carly when she sues for visitation with Wiley.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Benji said:

An interesting twist might be that "Mike" and Nina grow closer and he wants to support her against the "bitter widow" that kept Nina from knowing about her daughter. Nina eventually brings Sonny back to Port Charles but he still hasn't regained his memory, so he testifies for Nina against Carly when she sues for visitation with Wiley.

Carly doesn't have custody of Wiley, so "Mike" would be testifying against his son. But there is no way that Nina would think that would help her case because then she would have to explain to the court how she found Sonny but never told him who he really was. Or that she kept quiet because she was to get back at Wiley's other grandmother. Because Nina has known Sonny for years so she cannot plead ignorance.

It's like Mo and WR are competing to see who can be the most ham-fisted.

So a dude with amnesia who wears wedding rings and has intense visions of a woman is just gonna get involved with a total stranger, cuz, yeah, why not.

Why do I fear all of the great speculation about BL's baby will turn out to be way more entertaining than what actually happens. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Carly doesn't have custody of Wiley, so "Mike" would be testifying against his son. But there is no way that Nina would think that would help her case because then she would have to explain to the court how she found Sonny but never told him who he really was. Or that she kept quiet because she was to get back at Wiley's other grandmother. Because Nina has known Sonny for years so she cannot plead ignorance.

Yeah, legally she would be suing Michael, but it's really Carly she's fighting against. Maybe if Nina brings Sonny back sooner rather than later ? He has already expressed support for her. Nina can say she tried to tell Carly about Sonny earlier but she wouldn't listen. Just would be fun to see Sonny on Nina's side against Carly. Even if Carly does ultimately win in the end. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

So a dude with amnesia who wears wedding rings and has intense visions of a woman is just gonna get involved with a total stranger, cuz, yeah, why not.

Why do I fear all of the great speculation about BL's baby will turn out to be way more entertaining than what actually happens. 

Because we actually care about the show? It looks like we are going to have baby shenanigans, again. I does this team of "creatives" manage to be even more unimaginative than Guza/JFP.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I was expecting her to ask, "Who's going to be the mom?"

ITA, isn't Charlotte the least bit curious?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Wildly speculating here, but what if Maxie figures out BL is faking, gives BL Maxie’s baby, and tells Peter their daughter is dead?  It would be aided by a SIL OB/GYN. 

Yeah I called this the moment those scenes started.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Because we actually care about the show? It looks like we are going to have baby shenanigans, again. I does this team of "creatives" manage to be even more unimaginative than Guza/JFP.

I can't even with this.....

As someone who lives in Brooklyn, I can state with absolute certainty that Brook Lynn would NEVER have an OB at Kings County Hospital. First of all, it’s in East New York. Second, it’s a shithole. Since she was living in Bensonhurst, she might have a doctor in the neighborhood, or see someone in the city. Her doctor could be affiliated with NYU or NYP Brooklyn. But there’s no way she has a doctor at County. I really wish the writers would just make up a hospital name if they don’t want to put any thought into it. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

As someone who lives in Brooklyn, I can state with absolute certainty that Brook Lynn would NEVER have an OB at Kings County Hospital. First of all, it’s in East New York. Second, it’s a shithole. Since she was living in Bensonhurst, she might have a doctor in the neighborhood, or see someone in the city. Her doctor could be affiliated with NYU or NYP Brooklyn. But there’s no way she has a doctor at County. I really wish the writers would just make up a hospital name if they don’t want to put any thought into it. 

As a Brooklyn ex-patriot, ITA. The only hospital in the area that's worse is Brookdale, IMO. More likely her doctor would have been at Methodist, Beth Israel, or NYP Brooklyn as you pointed out. Folks like Brooke Lynne wouldn't be caught dead - literally - at Kings County Hospital. Damn it writers, use Google!!!!!

Plus - BL's ginormous, oddly-shaped baby bump looks phony to me. I'm on the "it's a faaaake" team. Granny Tracy would have come up with a much better ruse.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Wildly speculating here, but what if Maxie figures out BL is faking, gives BL Maxie’s baby, and tells Peter their daughter is dead?  It would be aided by a SIL OB/GYN. 

I mean, so is BL in on it at this point?  I still think Lucas is also going to be involved. 

I agree with everyone commenting on LWB really leaning into the mustache-twirling and it's actually pretty amusing.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

LWB really leaning into the mustache-twirling

The question, is he aware that he's doing it or does he think he's being Meryl Streep here.  When he swarmed into the lamaze class, he gave off the vibe that he knows he's acting like a tool, but then LW makes comments on Twitter that makes me think, she thinks, he's this great thespian.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Benji said:

Yeah, legally she would be suing Michael, but it's really Carly she's fighting against. Maybe if Nina brings Sonny back sooner rather than later ? He has already expressed support for her. Nina can say she tried to tell Carly about Sonny earlier but she wouldn't listen. Just would be fun to see Sonny on Nina's side against Carly. Even if Carly does ultimately win in the end. 

This is what's bothering me about Nina's plan. Carly isn't (technically) the one standing between her and Wiley. Michael is. Screwing over Carly in this moment is short sighted (albeit incredibly soapy) when she can be a hero to Michael by finding his not-so-dead father, thus scoring major brownie points and visitation with her grandson. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I didn't realize that Charlotte is friendly enough with Anna to hug her. 

Same here. If Valentin and Anna don't meet somewhere public, he usually goes to her house. But I guess Charlotte and Violet have had other playdates? If Charlotte is around 11 (her age is always a plot point), she's being pretty nice about hanging with Violet.

12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Definitely MB. At least WR in is on the joke.

1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Granny Tracy would have come up with a much better ruse.

I don't know: Tracy had Alexis arrested for drunk driving because she was afraid Alexis would spill the beans about her ONS with Ned. That wasn't exactly a genius strategy.

44 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The question, is he aware that he's doing it or does he think he's being Meryl Streep here.  When he swarmed into the lamaze class, he gave off the vibe that he knows he's acting like a tool, but then LW makes comments on Twitter that makes me think, she thinks, he's this great thespian.  

See above. And I think there is a certain skill to being a ham. WR is pushing things pretty far, which I find vastly entertaining, but he doesn't go completely off the rails with it. It's kind of classic soap, in a way, IMO.

15 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

This is what's bothering me about Nina's plan. Carly isn't (technically) the one standing between her and Wiley. Michael is. Screwing over Carly in this moment is short sighted (albeit incredibly soapy) when she can be a hero to Michael by finding his not-so-dead father, thus scoring major brownie points and visitation with her grandson. 

Carly will still call the shots, no matter how much Michael pretends he's in charge. Even if Nina does bring Sonny back to PC soon, she won't be able to use that as leverage for long. Carly's going to Carly—her grudge against Nina will never go away. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Peter goes crazy, kidnaps Maxie? "BL's" baby?, there is a shoot- out, Peter dies and Maxie gets to single parent a second child.

Meanwhile, Valentin takes revenge for being cheated..

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Peter goes crazy, kidnaps Maxie? "BL's" baby?, there is a shoot- out, Peter dies and Maxie gets to single parent a second child.

Meanwhile, Valentin takes revenge for being cheated..

They’ve been utilizing Valentin a lot. Maybe this is a way to create sympathy for him. He’s so excited to have another child.  And perhaps Anna will be the one to comfort him. 

• Love 1

Looks like today's episode will be pre-empted by Biden's press conference for the East Coast. 

ETA: looks like they're running a repeat today.

Edited by absnow54
  • Love 1

We here in Toronto got the episode.  The hightlights:

Nina's ready to move on with her trip.  Phyllis mentions the financial problems in town.  Sonny tells Nina to write an article about their town and have tourists come.  Nina says no.  Sonny says Phyllis has been good to her.  Nina agrees to stay for a few days.  

Carly's itching to find out who the eyewitness agains Jason is.  Brando tells Michael that it's Gladys.  Michael calls and tells Carly.  Cyrus was preveously buggin Carly about Jason being taken out of commission and how that will freak out the Five Families.  Carly calls him out on the Gladys thing which he denies, but says if Florence is returned to him than Gladys can recant.

In offscreen land, Kevin deprograms Dante.  Sam and Olivia sit and wait and pray that all goes well.   Anna tells them that Dr Kirk was the one who programed Dante and that it's all gone now.  Olivia wonders if Kirk was working with someone but Anna says no but looks like she might be wondering that too.  

Laura and Martin have a nice scene of getting to know each other better until they're interupted by Cyrus.  

Jason's in lockup.  Gets a visit from Britt, freaked out that if Jason goes to jail , he can't protect her from Cyrus, should cyrus find out that Britt was working with Jason. .  They both know that Peter is the murderer and Britt worries because Peter learned at the foot of Faison. Jason sees her shaking hand and takes her hand to calm her

Sam visits Jason and they both acknowledge that Peter is the murderer.  Sam and Britt talk about how to keep Maxie safe.  

Carly visits determined to get Jason out of lockup today.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

From today's episode:

Wait, Dante spent futile months, years with the WSB to be cured of his brainwashing but Kevin did it in one night? Is Rocco at Monica's daycare since Dante spent the night in the hospital?

Why is Britt acting like Jason has never been in prison before? Has she met him? And of course Jaysus is the only one who has noticed her hand trembling, and of course Sam saw him holding her hand.

Britt/Jason >>>>> Dante/Sam.  I can't believe I wrote that.

I have zero effs to give about how put upon poor Michael is with Aurora and Nina and now Jason is in prison. Wylie is not confused about what Nina said, he's already forgotten it. And for heaven's sake, someone give Alexis a job at Aurora so she can get some self-esteem back since apparently it's too much for Michael.

Michael tells Sasha that "Nina needs help and I hope she gets it" and I want to smack him. He's completely following Carly's "Nina is nutso and needs to be kept away from Wylie" instructions.

Martin would rather spend his birthday alone and not know where his mother is so Cyrus doesn't pressure him. I'm disappointed at what a wimp you are, Martin.

I liked Carly's earrings. And that's the only nice thing I can say about her. I did love Cyrus manipulating her though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I liked Carly's earrings. And that's the only nice thing I can say about her. I did love Cyrus manipulating her though.

But Carly is super smart, so she figured out everything that Cyrus was trying to do. That Carly! No one can play her.

I thought Nina's insensitivity and lack of self-awareness was just really bad. And also typical of a rich person who doesn't understand what someone like Phyllis and her husband have been going through. On the one hand, not wanting to write about Tan-O and the town is understandable, because Crimson is a fashion magazine. On the other hand, there are other ways to help someone who dropped everything to go to PC because Nina needed her. Twice. Phyllis has been really good to Nina, and fucking Sonny is the one who has to convince Nina to do the right thing because of that. Like, I get it! Sonny is a motherfucking superhero in plaid! 

It's good to see women come together to try and protect one of their own from her douche ass dangerous boyfriend. 

Of course, Carly has to get Jason out of jail! Can't catch a break even in jail cell from She-Beast.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Britt acting like Jason has never been in prison before?

That literally made me do a spit-take.

48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sonny is a motherfucking superhero in plaid! 

This is my trigger, maybe I should make an appointment with Kevin 🙂

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

The only hospital in the area that's worse is Brookdale,

Believe it or not, Brookdale has done a complete 180. It’s now a teaching hospital and is immaculate. And Methodist is now NYP like Lutheran is NYU. But ITA that she wouldn’t even be taken to County if she was dead!

Is there any chance Brook Lynn is pregnant with someone else's kid, and is just pretending it's Valentin's to get the shares/help her family/whatever? It could explain her reluctance to see an OB at the hospital - she knows she's not due when she would be due if Valentin were actually the father.

7 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

It could explain her reluctance to see an OB at the hospital - she knows she's not due when she would be due if Valentin were actually the father.

She can tell her OB not to give Valentin any medical information (not that anyone at GH understands HIPPA). 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She can tell her OB not to give Valentin any medical information (not that anyone at GH understands HIPPA). 

What is this HIPAA you speak of? It doesn't exist in this universe! Surely you've learned that by now?😆

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I have 2 questions:

1. Britt said that she was on the run with Faison for a year and daw how crazy he is but Peter knew Faison and learned all his tricks all his life. But when she was introduced to Peter, she was all excited to have another brother as if ahe had no idea of his existence before. Since she knew all along that Faison was her father, where was Henrik all her life?

2. Brook Lynn returned to Port Charles with an enormous baby bump but she only learned after she arrived that Valentin was willing to trade ELQ shares for baby access. Nor did she know that Maxie  was pregnant before meeting her in the hospital.

What was Brook Lynn's plan if she returned faking being pregnant?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Britt said that she was on the run with Faison for a year and daw how crazy he is but Peter knew Faison and learned all his tricks all his life. But when she was introduced to Peter, she was all excited to have another brother as if ahe had no idea of his existence before. Since she knew all along that Faison was her father, where was Henrik all her life?

Wasn’t Heinrik sent to boarding school? I seem to recall some flashback where Valentin visited him? Or am I confusing that with a totally different show?

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wasn’t Heinrik sent to boarding school? I seem to recall some flashback where Valentin visited him? Or am I confusing that with a totally different show?

Peter was left in boarding schools and Valentin did visit him there.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Britt said that she was on the run with Faison for a year and saw how crazy he is but Peter knew Faison and learned all his tricks all his life. But when she was introduced to Peter, she was all excited to have another brother as if she had no idea of his existence before. Since she knew all along that Faison was her father, where was Henrik all her life?

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Britt herself also spent most of her younger years in boarding school.  She knew Faison was her dad, but I got the impression she rarely if ever saw him.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Britt herself also spent most of her younger years in boarding school.  She knew Faison was her dad, but I got the impression she rarely if ever saw him.

Thanks, this makes sense in terms of today's episode. Britt told Jason that the year that she was with Faison she was appalled at how awful he was but Peter spent his life with him so he learned it all of his life. The context was that Jason can handle a mobster like Cyrus but can't handle someone like Peter.

• Love 1

A Curtis/Portia pairing seems inevitable, and they even have decent chemistry, but god there is just no content in their scenes. Most of yesterday’s episode, they spent recapping goings-on in other storylines or anvilling about how their law enforcement ex/estranged spouses kept secrets.  I feel like they brought Portia on as a potential foil for Jordan and maybe Ava (through her relationship with Trina) but then decided to change direction, leaving the character lost.

A neurologist decides to sit in on a prenatal class? Alrighty then. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What is this HIPPA you speak of? It doesn't exist in this universe! Surely you've learned that by now?😆

Just because I do medical transcription and at the risk of being THAT person, it's actually HIPAA, not HIPPA. But in GH-Land, maybe they'd follow HIPPA better than HIPAA!

(Okay. Probably not!)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I was positively surprised about Laura mentioning Amy in context to brothers Cyrus and Martin, very nice nod to GH history.

So no reaction from Heather about Franco's demise?

Loved Olivia checking if Dante was all in one piece.

Gotta love to hate Gladys, at least sb's a constant thorn in the holy Corinthi butt.

Waiting for Heinrich to make some roadrunner noises soon.

Edited by IDFfm0870
  • Love 4
On 3/23/2021 at 9:39 PM, Lobsel Vith said:

Juan reminds me that there was also this tendency from Guza to have the younger men wanting to join a mob or being part of the mob, like with Juan, Zander, Dillion, and Ethan. Which has thankfully not carried over to the same extent.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Zander after all these years.  The grave said Zander died in 2004 and Cameron is 17!  Wow, Cameron is actually 17, you'd think on a soap he'd be 28 by now.  Also interesting Zander having some gray hair.  Zander died at 24, per the tombstone, yet he aged in soap heaven to 41 - I guess that is in case you come back from the dead!  

On 3/24/2021 at 7:56 PM, TeeVee329 said:

As predicted, Carly's "Be a bitch first, ask questions later" approach to life bit her in the ass.  Given what a hypocritical shrew she was being on the phone (like Carly's background is drama-free and absent any mental health issues), ya can't blame Nina at all.

Exactly, "propping" Nina for not telling for awhile was the reason they had Carly be that much of a jerk to Nina on that phone call.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Just because I do medical transcription and at the risk of being THAT person, it's actually HIPAA, not HIPPA. But in GH-Land, maybe they'd follow HIPPA better than HIPAA!

(Okay. Probably not!)

Stupid NOT!-AutoCorrect! Went back and edited.

14 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Cameron is 17!  Wow, Cameron is actually 17

He's 18.

48 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Cameron is supposed to be a year older than Molly!

36 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

LOL, she's in Law School and Cam is in High school!  

They SORAS'D Molly big time. I remember Alexis giving birth to her on the derailed Train in 2005 when Robin returned to the show.

She was still a baby when Robin had post partum depression and there was a scene with her and Alexis, and how Alexis was talking about her toddler Molly. Then, next thing we know, she's 10 or 11 when Kristina is dating abusing asshole Kiefer.

Yeah, I just can't think about the true ages of the kids born in the last 20 years on the show, because their screen ages are all over the map.  I mean, even Old Man Michael should only be 23 if we go by when he was actually born. 

Seems like Liz's kids are the only ones currently on the show whose screen-age reflects their true ages--at least pretty closely.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They SORAS'D Molly big time. I remember Alexis giving birth to her on the derailed Train in 2005 when Robin returned to the show.

She was still a baby when Robin had post partum depression and there was a scene with her and Alexis, and how Alexis was talking about her toddler Molly. Then, next thing we know, she's 10 or 11 when Kristina is dating abusing asshole Kiefer.

The thing with Molly that really f*cks up that timeline is that Ric (Molly's father) was with Liz when she was pregnant with Cam and was trying to steal Zander's paternal rights. LiRic broke up when Becky Herbst went on leave and GH paired Ric with Alexis. Alexis and Ric weren't even officially dating when Liz returned with Cam.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I just can't think about the true ages of the kids born in the last 20 years on the show, because their screen ages are all over the map.  I mean, even Old Man Michael should only be 23 if we go by when he was actually born. 

I feel like Michael is close to the age the character should be. I mean this show has been revolving around him since his birth, so it feels like 84 years since he was born. Similar to Wiley who is only 2, when I feel like he should be 15 by now.

Elizabeth's kids seem to age in real time because BH eternally looks 25.

Actually, I think the only egregious SORAS'ing recently has been Molly and Jocelyn. They grew attached to NB and BRS, so Spencer and Emma are in this limbo when they should be in the teen scene now. And all the talk about the age difference between Charlotte and Violet, when they'll both be 15 in a few years. I can't wait to see which of the "Who Cares?" kids living in Offscreen-land make it to the next teen crew.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

And Spencer was a baby, before Jax and Carly married and had Joss. 

Jax and Carly got together because of baby Spencer. See how screwed up SORASing has gotten under JFP and now FV? In past decades, at the very least when irregular SORASing happened (like with Jason & AJ vs Robin), the parents weren't heavily involved with the kids storyline or interacting much each other, so the stories didn't conflict or didn't conflict much.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Jax and Carly got together because of baby Spencer. See how screwed up SORASing has gotten under JFP and now FV? In past decades, at the very least when irregular SORASing happened (like with Jason & AJ vs Robin), the parents weren't heavily involved with the kids storyline or interacting much each other, so the stories didn't conflict or didn't conflict much.

No one kill me, but I wouldn’t mind if Spencer had remained Little John. At least he wouldn’t have been a pompous, elitist, asshole, swanning around town calling people “townies”, and living in Dracula’s castle. 

• Love 3