Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

Nina: I'm just tried of it, I'm tired of Carly always winning.

Me: Girl, pull up a chair.

I mean, Carly even has not!Noelle sticking up for her.  Just let Neens rant and speak to our souls.  But here we go, now she knows about Sonny so of course all of Nina's totally valid points about Carly are about to be invalidated by whatever she does next.

Just leave and head to Serenity Springs, Nina!  You might get to see Cristian Vega's gun show! 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

called that Ned would try to use Brook Lynn's baby to get ELQ back. Skeevy as always, unfortunately.

It wasn't Ned's idea.  BL said she had an idea on pushing Valentin back, then Ned spoke to Michael who said he wasn't going to use his son as leverage, then the light went on in Ned's head and he confronted BL.  

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nina: I'm just tried of it, I'm tired of Carly always winning.

Me: Girl, pull up a chair.

Table for three...thousand.

Also this:

Carly to Jax: Michael and Willow decide on who Wiley can see. (paraphrasing)

Me:   Please.  Michael barely takes a dump without making sure it's ok with you.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

In other news, Kelly Thiebaud was looking really pretty today in casual duds with nice hair.  And it's probably a COVID thing, but it's too bad Auntie Britt didn't get to see James.  We've never seen them in a scene together, right?

But ooof, LWB is really getting tough to watch, his whisper snarling is so annoying.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, Kelly Thiebaud was looking really pretty today in casual duds with nice hair.  And it's probably a COVID thing, but it's too bad Auntie Britt didn't get to see James.  We've never seen them in a scene together, right?

But ooof, LWB is really getting tough to watch, his whisper snarling is so annoying.

I don’t know if it’s because of COVID since they’ve featured kids plenty and a lot of it has been fluff. James just isn’t one of the favored kids so he’s always offscreen. Current ones are Wiley and Violet but they change every couple of years

JS/Chase’s facial expressions when Brooklyn/Brook Lynn turned around to reveal her pregnancy, then again when she went down the “the baby needs a father” route were gold. We could have used a picture-in-picture mini of that while Carly was denying involvement in manipulating the Wiley situation and Phyllis (whom I think has never met Carly) was defending her.  I’m really afraid we’ll need a similar befuddled/amazed expression when the Nina/Mike meeting plays out tomorrow.

Score one for truth-telling Jax for telling Carly that “if Jason killed Franco, it would have been much cleaner” likely isn’t the best defense.

• Love 8

That Maxie/Britt dialogue at the start of the Monday episode was just crackling, wasn't it? "I lost my phone. I have no idea where it is." (Oh. It's that kind of lost.) The reply: "Have you tried looking?" (Yes, that's something a person who's lost something has to be told to "try.")

Once again, I loved Nina and Phyllis's scenes. It's a little tough to buy that they're this close (they play it as if they've been close for decades), but the actresses are great with it. And I really like Joyce Guy, so I'm glad to be able to enjoy her without having to put up with Mo in the bargain.

That baby bump on Brooke is so bad. It's not only enormous but weirdly shaped...and I don't think it's by design because she's going to have a little hunchback. Not that I rule anything out.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly to Jax: Michael and Willow decide on who Wiley can see. (paraphrasing)

Me:   Please.  Michael barely takes a dump without making sure it's ok with you.

I know. I'm surprised Jax didn't burst out laughing at this crock of shit.

• Love 4

Robert was the BEST thing about yesterday.

Honorary mention for Valentin calling Olivia out for how her hiding Dante and Leo from Mooby and Julian--when she went all high and mighty on him. While I agree that she did the right thing in not telling Mooby, Julian, not at all. And yeah, she can just STFU please. So sick and tired of her moralizing.

Is Ingo preparing for another role or something? It looks like he's trying to grow a moustache. Either that, or he's stopped shaving his upper lip area. I wanted to reach in and bitch slap him and pound his face in when he went on and on about being there for SheBeast because she "was hurting". Oh yeah? Where the FUCK WERE YOU when your BEST FRIEND Alexis was spiraling and in so much pain and hurt? Oh, right. Sniffing around and up in Nina's ass.🤬🤬 Hack!Frank!, O'Connor and everyone else have decimated this character, that I once loved.

And here we are, coming close to the end of March and STILL nothing about John Reilly/Sean Donnelly. Assholes.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Robert was the BEST thing about yesterday.

Honorary mention for Valentin calling Olivia out for how her hiding Dante and Leo from Mooby and Julian--when she went all high and mighty on him. While I agree that she did the right thing in not telling Mooby, Julian, not at all. And yeah, she can just STFU please. So sick and tired of her moralizing.

Is Ingo preparing for another role or something? It looks like he's trying to grow a moustache. Either that, or he's stopped shaving his upper lip area. I wanted to reach in and bitch slap him and pound his face in when he went on and on about being there for SheBeast because she "was hurting". Oh yeah? Where the FUCK WERE YOU when your BEST FRIEND Alexis was spiraling and in so much pain and hurt? Oh, right. Sniffing around and up in Nina's ass.🤬🤬 Hack!Frank!, O'Connor and everyone else have decimated this character, that I once loved.

And here we are, coming close to the end of March and STILL nothing about John Reilly/Sean Donnelly. Assholes.

Just yesterday I was wondering if I had missed the John Reilly tribute. I’m assuming it’s only going to be a one day thing and I just assumed I missed it. He died in January and they had a week or two of preemptions but I don’t even think I’ve heard that something was even shot yet. 

• Useful 1

Monday was just good soap. You had different people interacting (Valentin with Olivia/ Robert with Maxie) you had people not acting like complete idiots (hooray for Maxie changing the locks and Britt for picking apart LWB's lame arguments for getting inside Maxie's place)

You did have the comedy gold of Chase's reaction shots to Brooke's belly and the notion that he would 'step up' as the daddy. (also the shot of Nina towering over Sonny)

and with Nina coming face-to-face with Sonny-- GH has FINALLY done something interesting with that story. (he 'died' in late December and it's now offiicially spring, and all Sonny has done is become some sort of poker playing handyman savant) That is a long time to be in strictly FF territory.

I rag on GH a LOT-- so well done, show!

LWB continues to be terrible.

• Love 8
On 3/17/2021 at 3:40 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Oh, and Sam and Dante just isn't working for me. It came out of nowhere and has zero appeal. He had amazing chemistry with JMB's Lulu and decent enough chemistry with ER's Lily to make it believable. I'm feeling nothing between him and Sam except something forced.

If Sam and Dante does become a thing, I wonder if the fact that Sam used to date Sonny (and even had his child) will be addressed. It was weird when the show tried going down that route with Brenda and Dante eons ago.

• Love 2

I'm at work so I have no comment on today's show yet, I'll watch it later. But I did want to comment on yesterday regarding Valentin and Olivia. After their scenes, I thought of what had been said here and I have to concur: They really are chem-testing him with EVERYONE!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

If Sam and Dante does become a thing, I wonder if the fact that Sam used to date Sonny (and even had his child) will be addressed. It was weird when the show tried going down that route with Brenda and Dante eons ago.

It's creepy that she gave birth to Dante's half sister(Lila), slept with his uncle (Ric), shares a brother (Leo) and sister (Kristina) with him, her former stepson (Jake) was raised by his brother-in-law, is cousin to his brother-in-law (Nik), and her cousin is his sister (Avery). I get that soaps are really incestuous, but that just seems extreme. Plus, they have only slightly more chemistry than Michael and Fill-in-whoever-they-are-currently-attempting-to-pair-him-with.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Nina: “Well, Carly has also suffered loss.  Her husband died suddenly and what’s worse he disappeared WITHOUT A TRACE.”

Phyllis: “...”

Really Phyllis??  That doesn’t set off ANY alarm bells?!?!

9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

That baby bump on Brooke is so bad.

Hold up....that gigantic bump is fake???  So they didn’t have any reason to write in Amanda Setton’s but chose to make her pregnant anyway.  What the actual fuck.  Good for Valentin for throwing Olivia off her high horse.  No judgements, but you can’t act all high and mighty when you’ve tried to keep not one but two children from their fathers.  Just keep your trap shut.

I disapprove of whatever is going on with Jax’s upper lip.  Strongly disapprove.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I’ve been pregnant twice (really truly pregnant) and I never,ever rubbed my belly as much as BL rubber hers just today. Please make her stop this. Her belly isn’t even realistic. Shame.

• Love 7

I know I'm going back, way, waaaaaay back, only because this particular story line came into my brain as I watch this utterly ridiculous amnesia story line, where Mooby only sees the back of SheBeast surrounded by a nimbus of light. GAG.

I remember on As the World Turns, when they recast Meg Ryan's Betsy with Lindsay Frost--she too, had amnesia. But when she had her flashes of memories, at least it was undercut with clips of, you know, actual memories that happened. She just didn't remember who Steve was.

But this show, that continues to do flashback after flashback, is too cheap to actually have Mooby see SheBeast opening her maw in any of their scenes together. Instead we get the "angel" and I bet (haven't watched yet) Mooby thinks Nina is the blonde in his dreams. Never mind that Nina's blonde is more golden, and SheBeast's is more platinum/brassy.

12 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Her husband died suddenly and what’s worse he disappeared WITHOUT A TRACE.”

In Phyllis' defence that's an oddly structured sentence.  "Died suddenly and disapeared?".  It should have been disapeared without a trace and is presumed dead.  That is what's happened and the only reason Carly decreed him dead is so that the other idiot mobsters would see him as such and accept Jason as the head of the organization.  

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It's creepy that she gave birth to Dante's half sister(Lila), slept with his uncle (Ric), shares a brother (Leo) and sister (Kristina) with him, her former stepson (Jake) was raised by his brother-in-law, is cousin to his brother-in-law (Nik), and her cousin is his sister (Avery)

You forgot that her cousin (Nik)'s son Spencer is her second cousin while also being Dante's first cousin via his mother Courtney, who was Sonny's sister.  

Yikes, i thought Michael had it bad in the six degrees of relations!

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It's creepy that she gave birth to Dante's half sister(Lila), slept with his uncle (Ric), shares a brother (Leo) and sister (Kristina) with him, her former stepson (Jake) was raised by his brother-in-law, is cousin to his brother-in-law (Nik), and her cousin is his sister (Avery). I get that soaps are really incestuous, but that just seems extreme. Plus, they have only slightly more chemistry than Michael and Fill-in-whoever-they-are-currently-attempting-to-pair-him-with.

They are pseudo siblings.   haha!  It is a soap though, but I find the whole pairing completely unappealing.  I think it's because I really can't stand Sam no matter what they do with her.  It's the same story every time, she needs to "find herself" and it just ends up being about her with a different man, that's not like Jason, etc.  Then eventually, they stick her back with him.  I wish she was just off screen somewhere.   The whole "danger" excuse is also lame to me as a break up for JaSam when Sam herself has been a danger to her family as much as Jason has.

Lulu eventually has to come back as well but Frank seems to want to push Dante/Sam as much as he can.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Mooby thinks Nina is the blonde in his dreams. Never mind that Nina's blonde is more golden, and SheBeast's is more platinum/brassy.

He does.  He says he thinks he might know her since he saw a blonde in his dreams.  Never mind that there a bazillion, quazillion blondes in the world, but the one that showed up in front of him today must be the same one in his dreams.  Guh, so stupid.  

After getting over her confusion of why the hell Sonny is as he is, and Phyllis telling her that Sonny was found with no memories, NIna tells Sonny that she isn't the blonde from his dreams.  Then proceeds to call Carly to tell her something important.  That was the end but I'm putting money on Carly opening her giant maw tomorrow and bitching out NIna, thereby causing Nina not to tell her that Sonny is alive and puttering around in Philly.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Carly was in rare form today. Obnoxious to the extreme. And also gross. Michael never decides anything for himself. Even Willow called him out on making the decision about Wylie not seeing Nina without her input because he made his decision while his mommy was standing there and did exactly what she expected him to do.

I'm assuming Carly will yell at Nina tomorrow. Because she's a bitch like that.

Stop rubbing your belly BL. A genie isn't going to pop out and grant you three wishes. It's really annoying. Between her and Maxie having he hands on top of her belly, I'm just all rubbed out.

I like how everyone in town knows that Jason is a murderer, including teenagers and babies in the womb.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

and with Nina coming face-to-face with Sonny-- GH has FINALLY done something interesting with that story. 

Yep. From tomorrow's preview it appears that Carly assumes she knows why Nina is calling and acts like a heinous Bitch (in other words, her typical self) and so she doesn't get to find out from Nina that Sonny is alive. Ha!

24 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

and her cousin is his sister (Avery). I get that soaps are really incestuous, but that just seems extreme.

Your forgot that his cousin (Ric's daughter) is her sister, Molly.  But really, the fact that she had a baby with his father, and also slept with his uncle, and his ex brother-in-law should be enough for them to both say "No" (regardless of how many mutual relatives they have).

Ava calling out Carly today, in front of Jax, was terrific. See Carly, that's how you can push back on someone without screeching. I laughed that Martin looked relieved when Ava and Carly were like yes, that's all we needed to hear from you. Score one for Ava, making Carly look not so sure of herself.

It was sweet to hear Finn tell Elizabeth they would always be family because of Violet.  Their friendship is reminding me of when Elizabeth was friends with Patrick Drake. I cried along with Laura and Elizabeth when Cam sung/played his beautiful goodbye song for Franco, and I say this as someone who didn't like Franco. WL is so very talented!! I thought I even saw tears in Trina and Portia's eyes, as well. I saw that longing look Portia gave Curtis!

• Love 13

Wow, Curtis, berating the inspector for coming early isn't starting things off on the right foot. He's lucky it was Portia and Trina.

Ned and Michael can shove their "of course you'd barter your child for ELQ" at Brook Lynn. If she gets those stupid shares/votes/proxies back in the family, they'll be fine with her methods, if obnoxiously self-righteous.

Ned, you're estranged from your wife because you cheated on her. The ELQ stuff is a reason Olivia is unhappy, but she wouldn't have kicked you out if you hadn't slept with Alexis.

"Wiley's already lived such a turbulent life." LOL. Hardly, Michael. He'll likely not remember any of it.

Why ever IR is growing that mustache, it looks terrible.

It was intensely satisfying to watch Ava school Carly. Of course Carly always wins, but it's nice to see a Jerome prevail for once. I also liked her giving Jax the business, too.

Nina's face while watching "Mike" was hilarious, like "I can't believe the gift that has fallen into my lap." I'm glad she's going to screw with Sonny and Carly for a bit, but of course it will make her Madame Mao once it all comes out.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Wiley's already lived such a turbulent life."

Given he doesn't even remember his first two dads, I'd say he's doing just find.  Paint him another mural of whatever he showed a passing fancy to and you'll be good to go, Mikey.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

It cracks me up that the show keeps pushing the "poor Wiley; he's been through so much in his young life" narrative, and he's a toddler. The two genuinely big events he's gone through are getting ripped out of the Who?'s home and his surgery, and he came through both just fine. Stop trying to make it sound as if he'd been rescued from some Dickensian orphanage, Show. He was pampered from day one no matter who he lived with, and now he's practically smothered.

• Love 5

I don't get the preview but I  want Carly to slam the phone down on Nina so that Nina is justified in not telling her right away about Sonny. Carly is so obnoxious now with Sonny gone, I hate to think how much worse she'll be when he's back. And I know that the first thing they'll do is snatch Avery back from Ava.

44 minutes ago, Hater said:

They are pseudo siblings.   haha!  It is a soap though, but I find the whole pairing completely unappealing.  I think it's because I really can't stand Sam no matter what they do with her.  It's the same story every time, she needs to "find herself" and it just ends up being about her with a different man, that's not like Jason, etc.  Then eventually, they stick her back with him. 

They really don't try with Sam at all. She's not dangerous, she's not really a "ride or die", she's just someone's girl and becomes whatever he wants her to be. Anna was more competent. Holly was more competent.

31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, Curtis, berating the inspector for coming early isn't starting things off on the right foot. He's lucky it was Portia and Trina.

And he didn't even bother to turn around to see who it was. Rude.

Curtis was pretty useless in what Laura asked him to do.

• Love 6

I am sure Ava thinks that she is helping Nina but she really didn't. First, she involved herself in the conversation between Jax and Carly where she ends in pissing contest with Carly. Then she eggs Carly on by telling her that Nina should go sue Michael for visitation or what not. Drags poor Marty in the middle of said pissing contest.

Sure Carly is going to snap Nina's head off tomorrow. And then Nina is going to keep quiet about Sonny being alive. Plus whatever else she does with "Mike."

But all Nina is going to get is some petty revenge on Carly. This is not going to help help regain Michael's trust into seeing Wylie. If establishing a relationship with Wylie was her main priority, this isn't going to help Nina in the long run. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Stop rubbing your belly BL. A genie isn't going to pop out and grant you three wishes.

I dunno, maybe her wish is to not be pregnant for eleventy months. Given everything I'm hearing about the size of her fake baby bump, she ought to be spawning any second now.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

But all Nina is going to get is some petty revenge on Carly. This is not going to help help regain Michael's trust into seeing Wylie. If establishing a relationship with Wylie was her main priority, this isn't going to help Nina in the long run. 

Yeah, but it's fun to see Nina screw with Carly regardless. Carly not even giving Nina a chance to explain why she called (which I presume happens, given that it's Carly) is a decent reason for Nina to decide to keep the news to herself a bit longer. Nina is trying to do what's right and Carly just lights into her? She can wait to hear that her flannel-wearing handyman amnesiac husband is alive.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Hold up....that gigantic bump is fake???  So they didn’t have any reason to write in Amanda Setton’s but chose to make her pregnant anyway.  What the actual fuck?

Yes, she was pregnant IRL. She gave birth and now is wearing a fake bump, playing out BL's pregnancy onscreen. The only reason we didn't see more of her pregnant onscreen is because of covid. AS understandably wanted to take extra precautions being pregnant and that's why she wasn't filming. 

As for today, my hopes for Finn/Elizabeth skyrocketed! And Cameron's song was beautiful. WL is really talented.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, driver18 said:

my hopes for Finn/Elizabeth skyrocketed!

Violet and Elizabeth's boys are cousins, which is a bit of an ick factor for me. Though in Port Charles, that's probably the least gross connection one can have. And it's only the one, instead of multiple connections.

Speaking of Violet, I hope she didn't have her heart set on seeing her dad before she fell asleep. Heh.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, but it's fun to see Nina screw with Carly regardless. Carly not even giving Nina a chance to explain why she called (which I presume happens, given that it's Carly) is a decent reason for Nina to decide to keep the news to herself a bit longer. Nina is trying to do what's right and Carly just lights into her? She can wait to hear that her flannel-wearing handyman amnesiac husband is alive.

And it wouldn't matter if Nina presented Mike-Who-Has-A-Lot-Of-Good-Ideas-And-Likes-To-Fix-Things to Carly on a silver platter--Carly would still find some reason why she shouldn't be allowed to see Wiley, because that's Carly.  

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And it wouldn't matter if Nina presented Mike-Who-Has-A-Lot-Of-Good-Ideas-And-Likes-To-Fix-Things to Carly on a silver platter--Carly would still find some reason why she shouldn't be allowed to see Wiley, because that's Carly.  

Despite what Nina keeps insisting, it was Michael not Carly that told Nina that she could not see Wylie. For now. 

Michael isn't going to blame Carly for Nina keeping quiet. He is going to blame Nina, 

23 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Despite what Nina keeps insisting, it was Michael not Carly that told Nina that she could not see Wylie. For now. 

Except it was Carly who put the idea in his head in the first place. The minute she saw them at the Crimson office, she told Michael that it was past Wiley’s bedtime and Michael/wIllow left. Then she proceeded to threaten Nina and then went to the Q mansion and told Michael that Nina shouldn’t be in Wiley’s life right now. 

• Love 8

I kinda love that they had Nina set out to do the right thing and that Carly - by presumably being her trademark snarling beast self on the phone tomorrow - will almost assuredly change Nina's mind and thus her awfulness will cost her weeks/months of being with Sonny. 

I mean, Nina will pay in the long run, keeping Port Charles' beloved patriarch (gag) away from his family, but still, looks good on ya Carly, should have just shut up for once.

• Love 7

Loved Ava today. Loved, loved her needling the SheBeast though none of it seemed to affect her except when Martin confirmed biological grandparents do have rights. Especially when one of the parents is dead.🤣🤣🤣🤣 Didn’t last long, but I’ll take what I can get.

This is the only soap I watch and I stopped watching the others for many years, but it’s SO STUPID. Like Nina wouldn’t have said “Sonny?!l” when she turned and saw his face? It’s soap staple and something that would be instinctive, I would think. But nope. Nina is just looking at him like a mute with crazy eyes. Her behavior would have made more sense if she were some reporter who happened by and recognized him. But PLOT! I guess.

I was also enjoying Valentin’s facial expressions and smiles-but that’s more of James Patrick Stuart than Valentin.

YAY! original Taggert tomorrow!!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Violet and Elizabeth's boys are cousins, which is a bit of an ick factor for me. Though in Port Charles, that's probably the least gross connection one can have. And it's only the one, instead of multiple connections.

Speaking of Violet, I hope she didn't have her heart set on seeing her dad before she fell asleep. Heh.

Dude, that's nothing in the soap scheme of the things. Besides, Elizabeth and Hayden barely knew each other as sisters. Pfft!

Edited by driver18
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nina is just looking at him like a mute with crazy eyes. Her behavior would have made more sense if she were some reporter who happened by and recognized him. But PLOT! I guess.

I was also enjoying Valentin’s facial expressions and smiles-but that’s more of James Patrick Stuart than Valentin.

Speaking of facial expressions, I though Nina was making crazy eyes and facial expressions that I have never seen that actress make before. Generally I find something ? with her face, I can't put my finger on it. So the expressions she was making seemed like she was moving her face how it wants to move and maybe usually she is supressing it (?).  Or maybe like above, she was being more CW then Nina (?).

28 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Speaking of facial expressions, I though Nina was making crazy eyes and facial expressions that I have never seen that actress make before. Generally I find something ? with her face, I can't put my finger on it. So the expressions she was making seemed like she was moving her face how it wants to move and maybe usually she is supressing it (?).  Or maybe like above, she was being more CW then Nina (?).

Yep, it's all that filler and botox. And her eyes are crazier than Kelly Thiebaud's lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Between her and Maxie having he hands on top of her belly, I'm just all rubbed out.

Me too. I feel more touched out by these two rubbing their bellies than I do by my two year old. Give it a rest. 

Cam’s song was beautiful. I’m glad that small group got to hear it. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is the only soap I watch and I stopped watching the others for many years, but it’s SO STUPID. Like Nina wouldn’t have said “Sonny?!l” when she turned and saw his face? It’s soap staple and something that would be instinctive, I would think.

I couldn't agree more! I was telling my sister there was no way I wouldn't have said, "Sonny" when I saw him! I don't think anyone would just stand there and stare at him. That's not a natural reaction but the show gotta push its lame story. 

I absolutely LOVED Ava's scenes w/Carly. They rarely let anyone get the last word over that witch, so I was elated seeing Ava walking away having shut Carly up!  That said, I really wish Nina didn't care so much about Wiley! That brat is basically the new Golden Child. He's Michael 2.0, and I hate it. I'm sick of all the contrived drama surrounding him. That kid will be fine if he is told Nelle is his mother. The idea that he will suffer irreparable damage is just lame. He went from living w/two dads to living w/Michael and Willow just fine, but can't be told he has two moms - one who died and one who is alive?!?! Goodness! 

I think we all know Carly - being an obnoxious bitch - will rant and rave tomorrow, causing Nina to NOT tell her about Sonny. That's fine w/me, but I must say I'm not looking forward to the fall out when Sonny regains his memories and everyone calling Nina the "devil." It doesn't matter if the Corinthos clan kill people, kidnap old ladies, keep fathers from their kids . . . . that's fine and right, but if anyone else does it to them, then that person is EVIL and must be punished! Yeah . . . okay. The favoritism displayed by the writers for this group of chraracters is too much. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 17
On 3/17/2021 at 7:00 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wonder. Because Chad was a recast. The original Zander was a skeezy drug dealer who spiked Elizabeth's water, so she was high? when she tried to get romantic with Yelly McYellerson's "Lucky". Then, next thing we know, we have Chad, and he's not so skeevy/skeezy any longer.

Oh yeah, when Zander wasn't white, like with OLTL's Blair and GH's Sage Alcazar. While Chad is a fantastic actor (and I hated how he was thrown under the bus during his exit from the show, although it's typical for any character who opposes Sonny and Jason), I do hate how soaps flippantly recast characters of color with white actors.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:00 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Juan was nothing but a whiny whiner who couldn't do anything but whine. Soooo convinced he was Lily and Mooby's child. Well, at least, Mooby's child. And yes, I know the actor and Rebecca Herbst are married in real life, but he sucked as an actor.

While the writing was nothing to write about, another actor may have been able to do a better job (I think Ric Lansing is a good example of an actor reaching through despite working with subpar material and getting a fanbase in spite of the writing).

Juan reminds me that there was also this tendency from Guza to have the younger men wanting to join a mob or being part of the mob, like with Juan, Zander, Dillion, and Ethan. Which has thankfully not carried over to the same extent.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

I am sure Ava thinks that she is helping Nina but she really didn't. First, she involved herself in the conversation between Jax and Carly where she ends in pissing contest with Carly. Then she eggs Carly on by telling her that Nina should go sue Michael for visitation or what not. Drags poor Marty in the middle of said pissing contest.

Appeasing Carly never works. She just goes full on bitch mode even more because she's won and become stronger. It's like paying blackmail, or Danegeld, you never get rid of the Dane. What is going to work with Carly is the legal system because she can't automatically stack the court and being Sonny's wife isn't going to benefit her. Until it does because the writing is so bad. But the fear of losing access to Wylie herself may cause her to pull back from harassing Nina.

Michael didn't stop Nina from seeing Wylie because she confused Wylie, he did it because Willow cried. Willow is a grown woman who needs to come to terms with the reality of losing her child and that she is not and will never be Wylie's biological mother. And she needs to get far away from Michael because he is going to ruin her.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, Nina will pay in the long run, keeping Port Charles' beloved patriarch (gag) away from his family, but still, looks good on ya Carly, should have just shut up for once.

Yeah, I'm here for it because even if Nina had done the right thing, she'd be the loser, as Carly would find some other reason that she would need to be banned from Wiley's life. 

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I absolutely LOVED Ava's scenes w/Carly. They rarely let anyone get the last word over that witch, so I was elated seeing Ava walking away having shut Carly up! 

I think at this point Ava knows there's no appeasing Carly, so why even try. 

We all know in the end Carly will triumph because she always does, so I'm gonna enjoy this while I can.

Speaking of, what the hell with Laura warning Elizabeth that "Carly will do everything in her power to get Jason exonerated" as if Elizabeth was the district attorney prosecuting Jason.  Honestly, the way the writing makes 99% of PC bow to the Mighty Corinthii gets worse every day.

• Love 11

I’m sure LW and MW had a kick ass time doing those scenes. It was nice to see Ava get the better of Carly albeit briefly. I also think MEK loved mixing it up with the ladies, too. I’m still waiting to see who they are going to hook Marin up with. Who is left on canvas? Of course, MEK might have to toss that accent for me to take him seriously with any of the woman in Port Charles. Gawd! Why did he (or FV) give Martin an accent?

• Love 6