Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)

I thought Ned changed his name to Quartermaine about the time Tracy left because there were so few of the family left (basically just Monica and Tracy at that point).

Sean is the Hibernian (Irish) form of John. Then it was anglicized back again as Shaun, Shawn or Shane.

5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

The judge told Martin that she gives to black charities snd once had a black roommate in college, so there’s no way she’s racist. Then she said some defendants’ upbringing and their chances for a future were determining factors. As well as ‘some people only respond to incarceration.’ 

That's what I thought. I don't see anything incriminating in that.

Another of the reasons I can't get excited about Shawn's prison sentence, as well as the mob criminal pleading guilty and the shivving, is because I thought Alexis' sentence was too harsh. It was her first offense, she was drunk (a defense often used successfully), she thought that her daughter was in danger from a serial killer, and she didn't intend to hurt Dante. I was expecting something to be served at home or at worst less than 2 years so not in a federal penitentiary.

Given what Alexis got, Shawn's sentence seems reasonable.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

I don't see anything incriminating, nor do I know how you use a recorded conversation to torpedo said judge's career. 

And I'd still like to know if race was included on the court documents that Molly brought to Alexis.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Another of the reasons I can't get excited about Shawn's prison sentence, as well as the mob criminal pleading guilty and the shivving, is because I thought Alexis' sentence was too harsh. It was her first offense, she was drunk (a defense often used successfully), she thought that her daughter was in danger from a serial killer, and she didn't intend to hurt Dante. I was expecting something to be served at home or at worst less than 2 years so not in a federal penitentiary.

How was this Alexis' first offense? She went on trial for murdering Luis Alacazar because he was responsible for killing original Kristina in a bombing incident. She also ended up driving over and killing Keifer who was beating up her daughter Kristina.

This time, she was drunk and thought her daughter was in danger and tried to do something about it. It could have been argued that this demonstrate  a pattern of behavior where Alexis is involved with killing someone that has harmed someone that she loves

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think Ned changed his name from Ashton to Quartermaine after his father Larry tried to poison Tracy and scam some money from Ned. I think.

So Brook probably changed hers as well. Also BLQ sounds better than BLA and it ties into the family's company ELQ.

This is true. It made Monica so happy.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't see anything incriminating, nor do I know how you use a recorded conversation to torpedo said judge's career. 

I gave a side-eye when Judge Carson said that she even had a black roommate in college for one semester.

Marty was leading her to continue in that vein and probably got her to admit to similar comments.

• Love 4

I guess I'm a lame, hopeless romantic, but I'm absolutely loving Trina and Spencer together. Yes, even with him being too messy for her. It's about time she got a love interest all to herself, especially one that pursues her first for a change. I do wonder how long it will be until either Trina or Portia asks Curtis about "Victor" working at the Savoy, though.

Yes to Ava and Portia being friendly during this episode. Maura West goes great with everyone, huh? Molly and Martin were a nice touch and I totally should've seen that twist coming.

Curtis was annoying today. I agree that Jordan should just sign the papers already, but damn dude, give her a break. I guess someone can't wait to get with Portia, lol. It'll be interesting to see him go off on Aunt Stella tomorrow.

• Love 4

Ava and Portia bonding over their love of Trina and being friendly makes so much more sense to me than Ava bonding with the woman who drugged her, ripped her baby out of her womb and then fled the country with the kidnapped newborn. Can we please have more of the former and less of the latter? I promise I won't say anything bad about Finn for a whole episode.

Ava, you know how much I love you. You look flawless today. And I give you points for giving Nik that ugly face when you mentioned how you had to send Avery to live with Carly. But please don't say stupid shit like you know she'll be safe with Carly, of all people. You know what's going on. You stood as the decoy, for god's sake. I hate how they write my favorite to be stupid.

Not much more to add about today. You guys kind of covered everything. I disagree on some stuff but don't really care enough to voice it.

I'm not writing Spencer off just yet only because I want to see the fallout from his stalker crap. With Nik as gaga for Ava as he is, maybe he really will beat the crap out of him. He has my blessing.

• Love 5

First off, Dante & Sam don’t have chemistry so I’d wish the show would stop trying to persue it. Secondly, Steve Burton & Kelly Monaco haven’t been on the same set in ages and hasn’t even told personally they’re getting married. I know! I know! She left him but I think they hate each other and TPTB are keeping them apart. Finally, I like Amanda Setton as Brook Lynn but is that thing she keeps doing with her lips? It’s not quite a pucker, smile or grimace. It’s more like she’s chewing gum. I can’t recall if she it or not on OLTL. 

One more thing. How long are Maxie and Brook Lynn have to continue with this stupid storyline? Peter is dead and hasn’t been seen for weeks. No one can find him (well, he’s dead for starters) and, it’s just a stupid storyline that have finished like last month. IMO!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Spencer may have aged up into a nicer looking kid, but he's still insufferable--right down to using Victor as his fake name.  I guess Stavros and Stefan would be too obvious, so Uncle Victor got the honor.  Also, just remembered that Trina's aunt dated Spencer's dad, so yeah.

Or maybe he’s just calling himself Victor because that’s how he sees himself… the victor. I can see the narcissistic little shit finding that clever.

I fell asleep during today’s snooze fest and missed the end of the Sting. So that’s how the big racial justice PSA played out? Molly outsmarts judge in a quick conversation and all is revealed? At least it’s over (presumably). They were not doing the subject justice. (Pun kind of intended.)

• Love 2

Come on guys, saying that "some people only respond to incarceration" is coded language.  Put that together with what the writing is telling us is her troubling racial disparity in sentencing, and it's clear.  If white people can't figure out coded language we're really in trouble here.    

• Love 16
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

How long are Maxie and Brook Lynn have to continue with this stupid storyline? Peter is dead and hasn’t been seen for weeks.

But no one knows he's dead, aside from Finn and Elizabeth. The presumption is he got away because he knew the cops were after him. So Maxie's fear is very real. Why Finn and Elizabeth are remaining silent about this when they know how much Maxie is suffering over this, I have no idea, other than "it's a soap!"

With the way Maxie's been acting, the secret about Bailey/Louise will come out sooner, rather than later. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

Come on guys, saying that "some people only respond to incarceration" is coded language.  Put that together with what the writing is telling us is her troubling racial disparity in sentencing, and it's clear.  If white people can't figure out coded language we're really in trouble here.    

I got it. It was fairly obvious IMO. I just don’t like that they’re doing it with Shawn as the example.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

That really jumped out at me. They weren't even trying to be subtle. 

I agree with others that using Shawn as a case to champion is so wrong and sends a bad message. I have no sympathy for unrepentant mob flunkies, period. (Though if they want to make the case that white mob flunkies get less time, I'd respect that argument.)

In the preview, it sounded like Jordan was asking what they wanted her to do. This is where I get nervous about them messing up the storyline and probably the first time I've wished Lulu was around. 

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

well to be dead honest with you - i'm not white, and I didn't get it.

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 2

I don't see why Jordan is involved in this at all. It's a matter for the Law Society or whatever the governing body for judges is there.

If they really wanted to do a racial disparity in sentencing, they should have done someone jailed for 5 years for not knowing that they were not allowed to vote. There are lots of examples they could have taken from real life.  Considering that Shawn is a mob member who flouts the law, kills on command and is only loyal to his criminal boss, there is an argument to be made for "some people only respond to incarceration" in this case. Not that I think Shawn would respond, he'd just say it's the cost of business and continue on.

12 hours ago, nilyank said:

How was this Alexis' first offense? She went on trial for murdering Luis Alacazar because he was responsible for killing original Kristina in a bombing incident. She also ended up driving over and killing Keifer who was beating up her daughter Kristina.

I'll give you Alcazar although didn't she claim DID meaning that she wasn't responsible? (I wasn't watching at the time but the wiki says that it was accidental.) Keifer doesn't count because she was never prosecuted for it. A psychiatrist may see it as a pattern but legally I don't think it is.

If they had given that sentence to a WOC, I'd be onboard saying yes, it's racist.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, CeChase said:

Come on guys, saying that "some people only respond to incarceration" is coded language.

Yes, it's coded language, but not actionable in getting the judge removed. 

"I shot a guy and he died." is actionable, not "I made a guy disappear.", which could mean, "I gave him bus fare and told him to get out of town."  It's open to interpretation.

I find Molly's direct approach annoying.  She could have compiled race and sentence info and sent it to the media.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2

What the fuck happened to "love in the afternoon"?

This show sucks donkey balls and it makes me say words I don't usually say so casually. Fuck you almost all of the cast and all of the writers. You have one job writers, write good stories.

• Love 1
(edited)

I like Monica, but I realized that I can no longer count on her to deliver when it comes to Carly and truth bombs. If you're happy, then fine. The fuck kind of answer is that Monica? I wanted you to come out swinging. But nope.

And Carly is one possessive, vile cow. Wishful thinking doesn't make it true, you irredeemable horrid bitch. Enjoy your life, Jason.

I cannot muster more outrage at this Judge what's her name, Shawn who was put in prison for being attempting to murder someone, then denied parole because his ass should really be in jail. The man wasn't caught with an ounce of pot for fuck's sake, and Alexis. But here's your get out of jail free card, bozos.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 11

Excuse me, Jason, but where do you get off asking what Carly did to Britt? Put that aghast look aside, you know EXACTLY what she did. Britt should seriously never speak to either of them again, I swear. And Jason's remarkably coming off worse here than Carly, IMO. It's no surprise that Carly's shellacked herself to Jason's side and invented fanfiction that he's been pining for her this whole time. Jason's "I don't have a choice" routine combined with "I'll be there for you Britt...except not" act deserves a kick in the pants or at the very least a whopping dose of STFU.

As for Jason and Monica, I think she did the right thing by smiling and going with the flow. Her words wouldn't change anything anyway, so why get tangled up in that ish? It's times like these when I really, really miss Drew, the son who wanted Monica in his life for real and gave her so much more than these perfunctory gestures of affection we see from Jason.

• Love 14

You and Carly didn't have "differences in the past", Monica, she covered for YOUR SON'S MURDERER after she spent decades RUINING HIS LIFE!  GAH!

I mean, I guess I get it, Jason's going to do what he wants anyway and he's currently her only living child so she has to go with the flow, but still, it's vile.

• Love 18
59 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I like Monica, but I realized that I can no longer count on her to deliver when it comes to Carly and truth bombs. If you're happy, then fine. The fuck kind of answer is that Monica? I wanted you to come out swinging. But nope.

And Carly is one possessive, vile cow. Wishful thinking doesn't make it true, you irredeemable horrid bitch. Enjoy your life, Jason.

I told you so! Didn't I say that no way would Monica drop any kind of truth bomb or contempt for this "marriage"? I can only think of one person who would: Robin. But she's not here.

When she still lets that Cujo just continually waltz into her house after Mooby murdered AJ, all hope was lost for her doing anything. Maybe this is the news that leads to the Stuart Damon tribute? Her thinking about how FUCKED up her family is and how she misses Alan and wishes he were here to help her deal? Right. Forgot what show this was.

Fuck Frank. Fuck Dan O'Connor.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

What the fuck happened to "love in the afternoon"?

This show sucks donkey balls and it makes me say words I don't usually say so casually. Fuck you almost all of the cast and all of the writers. You have one job writers, write good stories.

You don't like the new pairings?  

• LOL 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I am beginning to dread frantic Alexis as much as cornpone Mike. 

It’s sooo over the top. How long has she been in solitary anyway, like 5 minutes?  She’s off the rails. Spend years in solitary like real prisoners (many poc) and then get back to me. Or try your hand in genpop and see if that’s any better for your osteoporosis. I’m so over this story and all the outrage for a two people who confessed to their crimes and are now facing the consequences of that choice.  It’s tainting this entire biased judge story which could actually be good but oh look I think it’s over already. Jeeze. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 10
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Linny said:

And Jason's remarkably coming off worse here than Carly, IMO.

No one can ever come off worse than Carly, IMO.

23 minutes ago, Hater said:

You don't like the new pairings?  

Hee. I do like some of the new pairings, but I find this comment hysterical. I was so bored by this show and I'm not as bored anymore, so it's a plus in my book. I don't expect it to stay that way for that long, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

What is boring is this nonstop endless handwringing over Peter. I'm over it.

Curtis should have gone to apologize to Jordan, but of course he won't.

The story sucks, but I'm a Davis Girl sucker, so the Alexis/Molly hug brought out the feels.

I don't give a flying fuck about Austin. 

Kelly T's facial expressions are on point. Really loving the way she's accurately portraying the anger and the hurt.

Fuck off, Carly. Always. Some people on my TL actually thought that Carly was going to do the right thing and tell Britt the truth. LMFAO. As if Carly ever does anything selflessly, and especially in regards to Jason. I laughed and laughed.

EDIT to add: Previews - now that Dante is dry and out of the water, what is with that few strands of hair that is hanging off to the side? It is ungood.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Fuck off, Carly. Always. Some people on my TL actually thought that Carly was going to do the right thing and tell Britt the truth. LMFAO. As if Carly ever does anything selflessly, and especially in regards to Jason. I laughed and laughed.

I thought she was going to do the right thing which almost broke my brain for a second there. But then I had a good whiff of the smelling salts then I started having these images of Jason and Britt going around "behind" Carly's back and having secret rendez-vous and I was like Carly will never allow that to happen to happen to her.

The thing is, Britt wasn't looking for a relationship. She isn't trying to come between Jason and Carly and the greatest wuv there was. She didn't even wanna get into the same elevator as them. 

In conclusion, Carly is an asshole and I hope she gets everything that she so richly deserves some day. 

Yes. Hope springs eternal.

• Love 13

"Do you not see the conflict here?" Monica, you were the one who invited Valentin to live in the mansion in the first place. Valentin never hid his interest in ELQ. The attitude is a bit rich.

55 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

What is boring is this nonstop endless handwringing over Peter. I'm over it.

Same. Why do Finn and Elizabeth think finding the body automatically points to them? There were no cameras, so no one saw Finn push Peter down the stairs or put him in that luxurious (hee) freezer. Just let him be found and then decide what to do.

The prison stuff was so awkward. I hate that Alexis's osteoporosis is just a plot point.

I also hate that all Stella is these days is a busybody sticking her nose into places it doesn't belong. She was so good in the Alzheimer story, and now they've reduced her to this. Ugh. Vernee Watson-Johnson deserves so much more. So do we.

• Love 10

Today's Episode:

Anna: yes please keep thinking about that kiss. it was swoonny.

Curtis: shut up, because Stella told Portia the truth. Again, it would have been stronger had Portia been the one to say it and not just have it be stella and create this false drama but whatever. Stella dropping truth bombs. pew pew pew. 

Carly: i hate. hate how blasé she speaks about AJ like that's why Monica will be mad at her. Like go kick a boulder you shew. And going on about how/why Britt wasn't happy.. like... i just can't even even with you.  Actually Jason you had a choice. You chose Carly. again. dummy. Also. Carly, what the hell is with this story with Britt? 

Also. "What Jason and I have will be forever."  Gag me with a skipole. Truer words were never spoken, and that was completely unnecessary. And it will never amount to anything because Jason won't rip her a new one as he should.  (or rather he'll rip her a new one, and then excuse her behaviour as he always does, allowing her to do it again).

Finn + Liz: you kinda wanna deal with Peter before he starts smelling. just saying. 

Yuri: i like you. also. I laughed hard at Valentine's  face when Yuri was looking after Monica. It just seemed hilariously funny to me.

Prison Crew: I don't even get this. If she's hurt, Alexis has the right to go to the infirmary and if she was faking she'd go back to solitary. Why are they making this drama when there is no drama? Shawn (Shaun, whomever, Mob Lackey), ... isn't he guilty of something? like again and we're all saying this. doing this storyline on a mob enforcer is so stupid. 

Also i really hate Molly's eyeshadow. I feel Monica just didn't feel like fighting that fight so it was easier to give her blessing. 

oh something something Austin. don't care. 

this was a crappy Friday episode (I know we're behind or whatever), but still.  Valentine + Yuri was the highlight for me and that's just sad.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Yuri: i like you. also. I laughed hard at Valentine's  face when Yuri was looking after Monica. It just seemed hilariously funny to me.

Yuri is such a wholesome side character. 

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Yuri: i like you. also. I laughed hard at Valentine's  face when Yuri was looking after Monica.

I love that various Qs are picking up bits of Russian and using them with Yuri. That's something that would happen. The writers aren't usually so whimsical.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

"What Jason and I have will be forever."

Oh, go to hell, you See You Next Tuesday.  God, she can never just let something be.  She just had to go and stomp on Britt--and why?  Because she's scared to death that Jason actually feels something more than ~fleeting for her.  And then her pouty, hurt face at the end because Jason wasn't looking at her with stars in his ears.  SHE IS THE WORST!!!!!!!

So now Valentin is vibing with Yuri.  No one in PC is safe!!

This prison story is so fucking bad.  Jordan, who has zero authority, goes waltzing in there and now it's basically like "So, Alexis and Shawn, what do you want to do your first night back in PC?"  Talk about taking an important 'ripped from the headlines' issue and stomping on it/putting it in a blender/flushing it down the toilet. 

• Love 10
(edited)

If only our actual legal system worked as quickly as the one on GH! Or maybe not, since the GH legal system has a tendency to act on little or scant evidence, with minimal investigation, which is why innocent people end up in their prison system and career criminals seem to bounce out without even having to get parole, etc. 

However, it was hilarious that Martin's recording of the judge (secretly recorded) was sufficient to get the Superintendent of Police (!) to make personal visit to the prison to release 2 (only 2, what about all the others who were sentenced by the very biased judge - oh, I guess that will work out somehow) prisoners the very same day that she heard the recording (in fact, it seemed to be the same day the recording was made). I sincerely hope no viewers are under the impression that that is the way the system actually works.

Edited by KittyQ
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, go to hell, you See You Next Tuesday.  God, she can never just let something be.  She just had to go and stomp on Britt--and why?  Because she's scared to death that Jason actually feels something more than ~fleeting for her.  And then her pouty, hurt face at the end because Jason wasn't looking at her with stars in his ears.  SHE IS THE WORST!!!!!!!

So now Valentin is vibing with Yuri.  No one in PC is safe!!

This prison story is so fucking bad.  Jordan, who has zero authority, goes waltzing in there and now it's basically like "So, Alexis and Shawn, what do you want to do your first night back in PC?"  Talk about taking an important 'ripped from the headlines' issue and stomping on it/putting it in a blender/flushing it down the toilet. 

that's the thing. like Carly and Jason were talking, she got the gist from Jason, she actually seemed that she was on Britt's side from how it was before she talked to her, and then all of a sudden it's basically "back off, he's MINE bitch." It wasn't even necessary because Britt wants 100 percent zero to do with either of them. like. you won, you cow. be gracious. 

yah that storyline was... just a waste.

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I love that various Qs are picking up bits of Russian and using them with Yuri. That's something that would happen. The writers aren't usually so whimsical.

yeah i really liked that. it's very natural. 

• Love 8

Sigh.

As much as Monica's reaction was expected, I will give her a little, a minutiae of credit--when she hugged Jason, woman was rolling her eyes. So at least we know she's not really for this.

The less said about the ravening cujoistic SheBeast, the better. Look, I've hated Jason for a long time. He's being utterly stupid in thinking this "marriage" is the answer. But what I've always gloried in, even if it doesn't last, is when he lays into the beast.

He did it when she learned that Jake was his. "You SHUT UP about Elizabeth!" when Cujo was going on and on and on about how Elizabeth lied to keep his child from him. That shut her up for a hot minute.

And I won't lie. I cackled when he turned to Cujo after Britt left with his "What did  you do?" and especially at her "hurt" expression. I'm all for any moments such as those, even though they won't last. Because she is all the names I've called her and the names I wish I could also add but can't.

I really enjoyed the scenes with Anna and Maxie today. So glad that Maxie apologized and they've made up. It was almost seeing the old Maxie, the way she teased Anna about Valentin.

Yeah, that Austin. It's Dr. Austin Holt, y'all. Show isn't as smart as it thinks it is. Betcha he'll show up at the shareholders meeting.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Daisy said:

that's the thing. like Carly and Jason were talking, she got the gist from Jason, she actually seemed that she was on Britt's side from how it was before she talked to her, and then all of a sudden it's basically "back off, he's MINE bitch." It wasn't even necessary because Britt wants 100 percent zero to do with either of them. like. you won, you cow. be gracious. 

100% manipulation tactic. Carly looks and sounds sympathetic to Britt and how this MOC has basically ripped her life apart, when in truth she doesn't give a rat's ass about Britt or any woman who came into Jason's life. Carly just wants to be number one.

Of course, she has the gall to complain about Jax and Britt rubbing it in hers and Jason's face that they were sleeping together. So she turns around and does exactly that, rubs it in Britt's face that she and Jason are in wuv and that Britt meant nothing to Jason.

Bitch, please. Have several seats. 

So now, Carly has been whining about the bridge being Jason and Robin's place. She's essentially bitching about Jax and Britt having sex. And now she is claiming that she and Jason are more than friends. So I've been wondering if this heifer is expecting that she and Jason will hit the sheets at some point. 

This isn't a MOC for Carly. This is as real as it gets. I think today's scenes showed that she has expectations. 

Just for that, I hope that Britt does turn up pregnant because watching Carly's head explode will be worth it. She can't even win this one either. Whichever man turns out to be the father, she will hate it and cry and complain about it.

A miserable Carly is the best Carly. A better Carly would be a dead Carly, but since that's not happening then miserable it is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah, that Austin. 

Until he showed up today I hadn't realized how much I hadn't missed RH's presence the last few days.

Edited by rur
(edited)
On 7/7/2021 at 11:32 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Too bad Kristen Storms felt the need to be a bitch towards Jen Lilley on Twitter or she could have stepped in again as Maxie.

The Show probably has other options re: Maxie. I recall that another blond actress was in the role for an episode or two in hospital scenes right after Maxie gave birth to James, when Storms was ill or just unavailable. 

On 7/8/2021 at 10:40 AM, Katy M said:

She's pro kidney stealing.

Elizabeth was part of a group of people who conspired to save Jordan.  She did not say,  "Hey everybody, let's steal Ryan's kidney - I have a plan!" 

I feel like for Elizabeth having a "dark" side means she, individually, has to do something genuinely dark intentionally/pre-meditated to kidnap, torture, kill someone, etc.  IMO it's more like she has a mischievous side and can be snarky/bitchy and even devious when it comes to a guy she's interested in. 

On 7/8/2021 at 5:38 PM, dubbel zout said:

I don't blame Curtis for wanting Jordan to sign the divorce papers. Take the five minutes and do it, Jordan. Her pissiness at the end of their convo wasn't necessary.

Stella, butt out of other people's lives. It cracked me up when Curtis realized she was the one who warned off Portia. (But really, who else would it be? No one else is that vested in keeping Curtis and Jordan together.)

I agree.  She's hurt that he is over dealing with the fall out of her lies (including those that resulted in her son/his nephew being kidnapped and beaten!), wants out of limbo, and that her friend Portia and Curtis are attracted to each other. Well, there's nothing stopping her from moving on.

Stella is one of those who thinks she knows best, and trying to reason with her is pointless.

On 7/8/2021 at 6:32 PM, statsgirl said:

Curtis not only noped out of his marriage to hunt Portia

Curtis noped out of marriage after the truth about T.J.'s kidnapping came out and he also realized that Jordan kept her mouth shut for nearly a year despite knowing he felt tremendous guilt/that Trina hated him about Taggert's "death."  Portia had actually encouraged Curtis to work things out with Jordan a while ago.

On 7/8/2021 at 8:18 PM, Sake614 said:

I admit I didn’t see that set up coming with Molly and the judge. But I really wanted he to be wrong and have it blow up in her face  just because it’s really all about Shawn and how ‘unjust’ his sentence was.

Totally agree!!!

On 7/8/2021 at 8:53 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Now I hope when Mooby returns, he’ll see Nina and lay one on her (as gross as that is) and that Cujo is there when he does. Just to see her fucking head 🤯 

I hope this happens - at the start of Carly and Jason's wedding vows!!!  I also hope that Monica sees, beams a grin, and cackles with laughter!

21 hours ago, ByaNose said:

One more thing. How long are Maxie and Brook Lynn have to continue with this stupid storyline? 

I think probably not long, after what Valentin and Monica have seen of what appears to be Maxie's fixation on "Bailey."  Maxie shrugging off Monica's question about spending the holiday with her two kids and not taking her eyes off of "Bailey" was a terrible look. I half expected Monica to leave the room, call Mac, and tell him he and Felicia and the grandkids need to come get Maxie right now.

18 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So that’s how the big racial justice PSA played out? Molly outsmarts judge in a quick conversation and all is revealed? At least it’s over (presumably). They were not doing the subject justice. (Pun kind of intended.)

Seriously. It seemed like GH stole a script from the Hallmark Channel.  Jason getting back to Port Charles from the lighthouse in Canada in approximately an hour was more believable.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

"What Jason and I have will be forever."  Gag me with a skipole.

I feel Monica just didn't feel like fighting that fight so it was easier to give her blessing. 

Your reaction to the Carly quote makes my day!!🤣❤️😂

Yes,  the Yuri/Monica, Yuri/Valentin scenes were great, as was Martin's dead pan "red nose etc" line when he was trying to get Valentin to pay attention.  I enjoy such moments like this, as I enjoy Finn's sarcasm.

I totally agree about Monica's reaction.  At least she rolled her eyes while hugging Jason.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
typo/sentences matter
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

100% manipulation tactic. Carly looks and sounds sympathetic to Britt and how this MOC has basically ripped her life apart, when in truth she doesn't give a rat's ass about Britt or any woman who came into Jason's life. Carly just wants to be number one.

Of course, she has the gall to complain about Jax and Britt rubbing it in hers and Jason's face that they were sleeping together. So she turns around and does exactly that, rubs it in Britt's face that she and Jason are in wuv and that Britt meant nothing to Jason.

So now, Carly has been whining about the bridge being Jason and Robin's place. She's essentially bitching about Jax and Britt having sex. And now she is claiming that she and Jason are more than friends. So I've been wondering if this heifer is expecting that she and Jason will hit the sheets at some point. 

This isn't a MOC for Carly. This is as real as it gets. I think today's scenes showed that she has expectations. 

Just for that, I hope that Britt does turn up pregnant because watching Carly's head explode will be worth it. She can't even win this one either. Whichever man turns out to be the father, she will hate it and cry and complain about it.

A miserable Carly is the best Carly. A better Carly would be a dead Carly, but since that's not happening then miserable it is.

I have so much❤️ for this accurate, eloquent post, I'm considering marriage! LOL!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

RH is looking so greasy looking. The haircut isn’t helping matters either.

Between Steve Burton’s on camera appearance & his Instagram it’s amazing to see how old his face is looking. He just turned 51 but I’m shocked how sunken & old his face has gotten. There are several pictures with his shirt off where he’s all jacked up but whatever he’s doing isn’t helping his face. That said, I do like the pairing of him and KT. At least, there is storyline potential with them, Carly & whenever Sonny returns. Jason is already yelling at Carly which is funny since they haven’t even gotten married yet. 

• Love 6

It almost seems like they are gonna start to portray Carly like the villain that she actually is. I mean that shit with Brit was pure OTT nastiness, and I think even Carly fans would have to agree. It would be awesome if Carly went even darker and crossed a line that fucked up her BFF status with Jason.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As much as Monica's reaction was expected, I will give her a little, a minutiae of credit--when she hugged Jason, woman was rolling her eyes. So at least we know she's not really for this.

I forgot about that. I loved that part.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

A+ to this entire well-worded post of beauty! 👏

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Your reaction to the Carly quote makes my day!!🤣❤️😂

Yes,  the Yuri/Monica, Yuri/Valentin scenes were great, as was Martin's dead pan "red nose etc" line when he was trying to get Valentin to pay attention.  I enjoy such moments like this, as I enjoy Finn's sarcasm.

I totally agree about Monica's reaction.  At least she rolled her eyes while hugging Jason.

LOL i'm glad it made your day :D

Yeah the eye roll was everything. i've said it before and I'll say it again. I think she puts up a lot of the crap from Carly, Jason and Micheal because that's literally all she has left. the majority of her family is dead (98% of it Jason/Carly/Sonny's fault). and it's just easier to be like. "whatever. do what you want."

which is why i really, really really want AJ to have had other kids. she needs grand children who loved AJ, misses him and is 100 percent team Monica, and team Quartermaine (and not when it gets them something, see: Micheal needing to use the Q name to get information about Mooby's disappearance) and just ... make it so Monica doesn't have to deal with this crap. She shouldn't have to. 

@YaddaYadda - amen to your whole entire post!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, TVbitch said:

It almost seems like they are gonna start to portray Carly like the villain that she actually is. I mean that shit with Brit was pure OTT nastiness, and I think even Carly fans would have to agree. It would be awesome if Carly went even darker and crossed a line that fucked up her BFF status with Jason.   

I thought the same thing, but then I remembered the scene where Nina called Carly to let her know Sonny was alive, and Carly really laid into Nina to the point that Nina decided not to tell her, and it reminded me that Carly will continue to be unnecessarily cruel to people and come out the innocent victim in the end. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Elizabeth was part of a group of people who conspired to save Jordan.  She did not say,  "Hey everybody, let's steal Ryan's kidney - I have a plan!" 

I feel like for Elizabeth having a "dark" side means she, individually, has to do something genuinely dark intentionally/pre-meditated to kidnap, torture, kill someone, etc.  IMO it's more like she has a mischievous side and can be snarky/bitchy and even devious when it comes to a guy she's interested in. 

I don't care whose plan it was.  she willingly went along.  And stealing a kidney is not "mischievous."  I have less problem with the Peter thing because he was already dead and, while she may not have witnessed this to know for sure, Finn did not kill him on purpose.

Everything about the prison storyline was idiotic. Even if the evidence was unequivocal (it wasn’t), Jordan doesn’t get to just march in there and free people. There would be a hearing, probably a new trial, and definitely more investigation before any of that happened. Yes, it’s a soap and some fudging is expected, but if you want to do an important story, do it at least semi-right or don’t do it at all. Because all of this was just insulting to anyone with half- no, make that a quarter- of a brain.

And don’t even get me started on poor quivering Alexis, losing her mind after a few hours alone. Give her a lollipop, she’ll be fine.

I still don’t understand why Jason can’t just fill Britt in on the reasons for his actions. Yes, plot purposes, but the writers need to at least come up with a reasonable explanation.

During Dr. Austin’s job interview, I kept waiting for it to end with a “You’re hired, Dr. <insert last name here>“, which would leave everyone gasping. They’re really being coy with that bit of information.

• Love 9
(edited)
23 hours ago, Daisy said:

well to be dead honest with you - i'm not white, and I didn't get it.

I think what we're supposed to take away is that the judge is saying the things that racist people usually say -- but also that after the conversation we saw, she got more explicit about it. In other words, it's lazy writing.   

[Editing additional comments in here just because I don't want to have a million posts responding to other folks.]

• Maybe I'm just in a credulous mood, but I'm not super mad about the Alexis and Shawn "rescue" even when presumably dozens of Carson's victims are still locked up. First, I don't think they are free, free. Not sure what protective custody will look like. But since we just saw her revisiting the idea of having a purpose, I'm pretty sure she and Molly will try to have Carson's other cases set aside or re-examined. 
  • Yes, Carly was her OTT self with Britt, but I will not be surprised if she explains to Jason on Monday that she felt she needed to sell the marriage to Britt as a real one, because they can't have a bitter ex seeking out the other families to make them suspicious. Now, I will not deny that her motives were probably not the purest.
  • However, I do continue to think it's ludicrous to try to make the other mob families believe it's twue wov. It's not that I run in those circles, but I assume there are often quasi-arranged marriages to consolidate family ties in the mafia. It's like merging companies. Plus, it's even stupider for Jarly not to trust immediate family members with the truth that this is a business arrangement to keep everyone safe.
  • Whoever on here guessed that Austin will turn up at the ELQ meeting was probably dead on, and I can't help looking forward to it. I just hope it's not in a sad little room the way that the GH board and department meetings have been. I guess I'll take another Q living room gathering if I have to, but I do miss the old days.  

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I think what we're supposed to take away is that the judge is saying the things that racist people usually say -- but also that after the conversation we saw, she got more explicit about it. In other words, it's lazy writing.   

[Editing additional comments in here just because I don't want to have a million posts responding to other folks.]

• Maybe I'm just in a credulous mood, but I'm not super mad about the Alexis and Shawn "rescue" even when presumably dozens of Carson's victims are still locked up. First, I don't think they are free, free. Not sure what protective custody will look like. But since we just saw her revisiting the idea of having a purpose, I'm pretty sure she and Molly will try to have Carson's other cases set aside or re-examined. 
  • Yes, Carly was her OTT self with Britt, but I will not be surprised if she explains to Jason on Monday that she felt she needed to sell the marriage to Britt as a real one, because they can't have a bitter ex seeking out the other families to make them suspicious. Now, I will not deny that her motives were probably not the purest.
  • However, I do continue to think it's ludicrous to try to make the other mob families believe it's twue wov. It's not that I run in those circles, but I assume there are often quasi-arranged marriages to consolidate family ties in the mafia. It's like merging companies. Plus, it's even stupider for Jarly not to trust immediate family members with the truth that this is a business arrangement to keep everyone safe.
  • Whoever on here guessed that Austin will turn up at the ELQ meeting was probably dead on, and I can't help looking forward to it. I just hope it's not in a sad little room the way that the GH board and department meetings have been. I guess I'll take another Q living room gathering if I have to, but I do miss the old days.  

I forgot that the judge's last name was "Carson", so when you referred to "Carson's other cases and Carson's victims", I was thinking of "Carson" as the name some posters use for Carly and Sonny. Even though I am quite aware that Sonny and Carly have to be involved in everything that happens on GH, I couldn't figure out when they got involved with this situation! 😆

Edited by Liddy52
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I do continue to think it's ludicrous to try to make the other mob families believe it's twue wov. It's not that I run in those circles, but I assume there are often quasi-arranged marriages to consolidate family ties in the mafia. It's like merging companies. Plus, it's even stupider for Jarly not to trust immediate family members with the truth that this is a business arrangement to keep everyone safe.

Exactly.  That the "five families" would care about the motives behind the marriage is insane.  What next--hanging the wedding night bedsheets out the window for ~proof the marriage was consummated?

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

Exactly.  That the "five families" would care about the motives behind the marriage is insane.  What next--hanging the wedding night bedsheets out the window for ~proof the marriage was consummated?

And let’s not forget that Mooby married Lily for bidnez reasons. So it’s not a new concept for this show.

The fact that they also slept together is beside the point.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2