Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

I forgot to mention this. The entire gallery is trashed. Were expensive (in this universe) paintings defaced?

Is Franco's work (as an artist and the stuff his patients when he was art therapist) still up in the gallery?

Because....hilarious. 

As someone who hated Franco with a passion, including his horrible art and the horrible stretch of imagination of having a serial killer working with patients, that is just the perfect caper of erasing his presence from the show.

It's also why I keen on Liz hooking up with Finn. The sooner the better. And it kills two birds with one stone, because it will put the kibosh on Finn/Anna getting back together.

Spencer is taller and he likes Trina. Works for me. She will probably be the one to get him to drop his Ava vendetta. 

• Love 6
(edited)

SORASed Spencer looks a ton like DZ/Dante in the upper half of his face. Not confusing at all as to whose son he is!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I thought NuSpencer had a good first day, and he'll improve as he gets more familiar with the tone of the show. If this really is his first credit, he should be commended for being this comfortable. But even if that's the case, I'm sure he has been on camera for something, whether it was commercials or modeling.  

Visually, I buy him as offspring of Nikolas (either the current one or the '06 model) and SWSNBN. Yeah, he's a little older than Joss, Cameron, and Trina, but not enough to bother me if they want to claim he's late teens. 

Plus, they'd squeezed all they could and more out of Nicolas Bechtel's Spencer. It was time to turn the page.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, ciarra said:

Really hope Spencer's acting improves.  First day jitters? 

7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

He's really cute, so he has that going for him. I did think his last line read that revealed he was Spencer was pretty decent.

Yeah, not impressed with the new Spencer.  He is not cute.  That’s all I’m seeing about him and I’m like, where?  And what is with that voice?  He sounds like a goof.  I’m not a big fan of Trina, but I still have to say too bad they’re throwing that at her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe I'm just tired of people saying all these correct things about Carly and Jason's toxic relationship that the show also wants us to ignore?

Carly and Jason's relationship will never change, so I don't really know why the show tries to have it both ways by having others say it's toxic. Yeah, and? 

I don't like Spencer no matter who's playing him. He's a spoiled little turd who never pays for anything. I didn't find his precocious amusing, and he's doing serious damage now basically because he's mad at Daddy. Poor Trina. She deserves better than someone who historically hates "townies."

• Love 10

NuSpencer is ok so far. It was his first day and seemingly his first big acting gig, so I’ll give him some time. However I am really not understanding this motive. Protect Nik from Ava?  I thought he hated his dad for making him think he was an orphan for three years?  Now all of a sudden he’s protecting Nik??  Meh. 

Spare me all the Shawn stuff I don’t care. If they really want to go there with a story about the injustice/justice system, I would much rather Alexis befriend a female prisoner of color and help her with her case. Get Molly involved on the outside too. Shawn is not innocent and his punishment fits the crime to which he confessed, not to mention the ridiculousness of the female and male prisoners cavorting. 

Drunk Jax having a one night stand is funny, it’s so out of character for him. I didn’t hate it.  

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

NuSpencer is ok so far. It was his first day and seemingly his first big acting gig, so I’ll give him some time. However I am really not understanding this motive. Protect Nik from Ava?  I thought he hated his dad for making him think he was an orphan for three years?  Now all of a sudden he’s protecting Nik??  Meh. 

Spare me all the Shawn stuff I don’t care. If they really want to go there with a story about the injustice/justice system, I would much rather Alexis befriend a female prisoner of color and help her with her case. Get Molly involved on the outside too. Shawn is not innocent and his punishment fits the crime to which he confessed, not to mention the ridiculousness of the female and male prisoners cavorting. 

Drunk Jax having a one night stand is funny, it’s so out of character for him. I didn’t hate it.  

A drunkJax/drunkBrit date should be a monthly occurence.

Bartender: It's last call

Brit:  HOW DARE YOU!

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

There's a Nicolas Bechtel fan contingent out there upset that (1) Spencer has been recast at all and (2) they gave the part to someone who looks and acts nothing like NB. As if Chad Duell looks or acts anything like Dylan Cash. Or Kirsten Storms looks or acts anything like Robyn Richards.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Wasn't Jax a playboy when he first come on the show? Flying Brenda around in his private jet? I was almost hoping he was going to suggest that he and Britt get on his jet and head out to Oz for some snags!! Seriously those 2 should leave Jason and Carly in their jet fumes.

I caught up on the hotel scene, it was too short!!! Hopefully we get more of that today. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

SORASed Spencer looks a ton like DZ/Dante in the upper half of his face. Not confusing at all!

Well… they’re cousins so good casting? 

I know I’m giving them way too much credit. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

SORASed Spencer looks a ton like DZ/Dante in the upper half of his face. Not confusing at all!

Well… they’re cousins so good casting? 

I know I’m giving them way too much credit. 

He also looks a LOT like Dev, who I guess is also a distant cousin.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

He also looks a LOT like Dev, who I guess is also a distant cousin.

Dev was no relation to anyone. Sonny met him in Turkey and when Dev showed up in PC, Sonny ‘adopted’ him by way of Brando.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Dev was no relation to anyone. Sonny met him in Turkey and when Dev showed up in PC, Sonny ‘adopted’ him by way of Brando.

For some reason I thought he was really Brando's son. Or was he only pretending to be Dev's father? I admit, I missed most of the Dev story.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Dev saved Sonny's life in Turkey and when he showed up in Port Charles having arrived illegally, Sonny created to fake cousin persona and fake documents ro keep him in the country.

Could Carly be any more smug about having Jason all to herself at last?

"I'm glad you did your apology tour because my mom is marrying Jason."  I know that she's a teenager but Joss has a shocking lack of empathy.  Cameron needs to take a cue from Jason and get rid of the "what ifs".

Nice blink-and-you-miss it moment of Cameron and Jake. Then we cut to your regularly scheduled Corinthos hour.

I liked the scenes of Jax with Britt because she's not asking him to save her.

What is it with Joss, Carly and Trina all wearing orange? I' like to think that there is a Canadian in the wardrobe department and it was a deliberate choice.

First time I've liked Sam in a while. But I hated the men showing up to save her and Liz.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

That episode was hilariously awesome. I could watch Sam and Liz bonding over how much Jason sucks all damn day. And Liz encouraging Sam to burn the sainted leather jacket? Yes please! Loved it. 

Jax and Britt was even more disgusting today, but the entrance at the end was classic soap. Jason really fell hard. I was cracking up at how miserable he looked earlier.

I'm sorry, I have to say it. Neither Cam or Joss can act. Cam was particularly horrible today. Stilted, unnatural, and forced. Really uncomfortable to watch. I thought Jake was pretty good though.

Anna and Valentin, I'm here for it. 

Finn plays sports? Yeah, right. My ass.

Shut up, Willow.

Who didn't see this coming with Maxie? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Ooh, nice chemistry between Trina and Spencer! 

Trina actress just meshes so well with everyone. 

She needs a big storyline to win young actress Emmy next year. But my hopes are low with the current writing situation.

Ooh, great scene between Cam and jake . 

Finn and Elizabeth works for me.

Willow and Michael mooning at each other . yuk.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm sorry, I have to say it. Neither Cam or Joss can act. Cam was particularly horrible today. Stilted, unnatural, and forced. Really uncomfortable to watch. I thought Jake was pretty good though.

I really don’t think any of the young people can act.  Very unnatural.  Especially when they try to pepper their dialogue with some hip lingo and all that stuff.  I cringe during their scenes and usually end up not watching them.

• Useful 1

Cam and Jake have such great brotherly chemistry. I hope Hudson Thrift is one that they do let age up naturally. I think he's a great young actor.

Man, I like Sam so much more when she's not moping over Jason. Those scenes with Elizabeth were great! They both are better off without him in their lives - Britt too. Carly is so clearly gleeful about the whole marriage thing too and it's disgusting. Her trying to get him to take her to the bridge is so typical.

I didn't mind Britt/Jax either, especially because of how annoyed it'll make Jason AND Carly. Britt seemed happy too as they were off to have a better 4th of July. It was nice to see her off having fun rather than wallowing.

I thought NuSpencer's line delivery was a bit rough his first day, but improved the second day. He looks the part and I think he'll improve as he gets more and more comfortable. I really like how they're clearly coupling him and Trina! It's about time she gets someone who is just about her. I hope he has no romantic interest in Joss.

I have absolutely no interest in this Chase/Willow/Michael drama. Let him be free and go be with Brook Lynn instead. It's not even like Willow's torn and that makes it even worse. How can Chase not see how she's not about him at all anymore?

Valentin/Anna, wow. They have such good chemistry! 

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

For some reason I thought he was really Brando's son. Or was he only pretending to be Dev's father? I admit, I missed most of the Dev story.

Nope. As @statsgirl said, Sonny created ‘Brando’s son’ to keep Dev in the country and because they all thought Brando was dead.

• Love 1

Cheers to Sam declaring her independence from Jason! I'm so used to hating on Sam but this was a good episode for her. She's earned the right to express pure, unadulterated bitterness that Carly always, ALWAYS usurps everything else in Jason's orbit. Loved that Liz was there encouraging Sam to let it all out, too. It's like the Carly/Jason engagement is finally the moment where the blinders come off and Sam can recognize that all the shit this dude put her through was just. not. worth it. 

It's incredible how Jason looks so pained giving Carly that gaudy-ass ring and parading around the Metro Court with her and she doesn't seem to pick up on it at all. She's too busy having the time of her life celebrating their union and plotting her total domination of every aspect of his life (leave the bridge alone, lady). She's next-level insufferable right now but I admit I'm into this story and want to see how far they'll push it. Jason holding back his vomit through this charade and getting a face full of what might have been with Britt is schadenfreude at its finest and I'm here for it.

• Love 19

I know they use solitary confinement as punishment but honestly I’m pretty sure I would rather be alone then face whomever in gen-pop.  Now I’ve never been to prison but I think I would just sleep a lot. Also because I just can’t say this enough - Shawn is not innocent, 100% deserves to be in prison, and shivved someone like yesterday so those all might be reasons to get privileges revoked.

• Love 11
(edited)
20 hours ago, nilyank said:

It's also why I keen on Liz hooking up with Finn. The sooner the better. And it kills two birds with one stone, because it will put the kibosh on Finn/Anna getting back together.

Spencer is taller and he likes Trina. Works for me. She will probably be the one to get him to drop his Ava vendetta. 

It seemed pretty clear today that a slow burn is in the works for Finn and Elizabeth, plus Anna seemed happy to be kissing Valentin. 

I agree about nuSpencer amd Trina. I feel like she should be suspicious that something is off about him that he didn't want to meet/hang out with her friends on Independence Day.

Best parts of the episode: Violet and her cute outfit, and the mutual adoration with "Uncle Chase; Bailey/Louise looking adorable for the holiday; Cam and Jake's emotional makeup (hit me in the feels); Britt and Jax being sparkly together plus Jason looking...not pleased to see them  sparkly together; and Sam looking a combo of enraged and like she wanted to vomit overhearing the Carly/Jason engagement news, than drunken Sam at the end with Elizabeth. Using the tequila to burn the jacket Jason gave her along with "their" dominoes is the most creative thing the Show has done in a while.

Does Jake not have any idea that his dad is a killer?

Also, Joss is just an all-around idiot. I liked Cam's skeptical reaction to the Carly/Jason engaged news and Josslyn's excitement. I can't remember the last time Jason actually said the words "best friend" to Carly.  Carly's tears and smile as Jason put on her engagement ring, and Jason looking like he is trying to fight indigestion...no words.

It figures that the mothers of Jason's sons both find out about his decision to marry Carly, by overhearing Michael and Willow talking at a bar instead of from Jason's lips. 

Sam and Jordan both look ridiculous in baseball uniforms, and Jordan should never wear a backwards baseball cap.

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Could Carly be any more smug about having Jason all to herself at last?

Don't let her hear you say that - she'll take it as a challenge!!!

Edited by Bringonthedrama
Jason and Michael are not actually the same person
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, seasons said:

Finn and Elizabeth works for me.

YES!!!! Fizz for the win. Incredibly, Rebecca just getting prettier with each passing year. Simple amazing.

32 minutes ago, seasons said:

Trina actress just meshes so well with everyone. 

She needs a big storyline to win young actress Emmy next year. But my hopes are low with the current writing situation.

She and JPS just vibe so effortlessly with other characters, making it easy for the writers to integrate them across story lines. And as another poster pointed out awhile back, JPS genuinely seems to enjoy interacting with other people, making him enjoyable to watch.

15 minutes ago, Linny said:

Cheers to Sam declaring her independence from Jason!

It looked like Same was about to throw-up when she heard the news. Best acting from KMo in a very long time.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Laur said:

Her trying to get him to take her to the bridge is so typical.

It sounded to me like he was either volunteering, or being easily manipulated by her "hated it;' it was a Robin thing so hands off/stay away" (paraphrasing). 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

You may have missed most of the Dev storyline, but trust me when I say that you did not miss out on much. 

Alright. Today's train wreck of a triangle. I don't know if we can call it a triangle seeing as Willow is with Chase out of pity rather than love. I think Michael's purpose this episode was for us to look at his poor pitiful sad face and feel bad for him, which I don't. And also to be the one to "break" the news to Sam and Elizabeth that Jason was marrying Carly.

In a long line of inconsiderate things that Jason does on a daily basis, you'd think that he'd have enough decency to go to his babies' mamas and let them know that he was getting married to Carly, maybe give them an explanation. But nope. They clearly don't rate high enough on his list of priorities. Especially Sam. That "relationship" didn't end that long ago. Shouldn't his sons know that they're about to get a stepmother.

As against a Drew recast as I have been, bring him on. At least those boys and Scout can have a decent man in their lives.

Dear Joss and Cam, please stop talking about your kiss. Nobody cares.

Jake. I think the actor is good and I thought his acting was really good for someone as young as he is. But the fucking dialogue they put in his mouth is disgusting and abrasive. My father wouldn't kill Franco because he wouldn't do anything to hurt me. Jason being a murderer isn't even a secret from his children. Jason just sucks balls. I can't even begin to explain the utter contempt I have for the character.

And please, do look like your dumb dumb nephew when he's looking at Willow. You made you bed, now go lie beside She-Beast. I hope Britt sticks to her guns on the whole Jason issue and purges him from her life because everything good and fun about the character disappears into the vortex of suck that he is.

The Sam/Elizabeth scenes were good. I've always had a problem with them getting into each others' faces over Jason, then over Franco. I'm hoping that now that both are out of their lives (or as much as out as we can get) that they will really find common ground and just have a good and decent relationship and be occasional friends.

Spencer coming in as a stalker is not a good look. But unless they give Trina a personality transplant, she will scratch his eyes out over everything he's done and won't forgive him. I hope she makes him work hard for her forgiveness. And who knows, maybe Spencer will learn some humility in the process. 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Laur said:

I hope he has no romantic interest in Joss.

Let's hope not.  I mean there is no blood relation between them but they are certainly related adjacent.  (Joss's cousin Lulu via Carly is Spencer's aunt via Nikolas)

I certainly appreciated that neither Jax nor Britt were regretting their night together and decided to go for a morning round as well.  It was sort of like BL and Valentin's ONS, just sex and no baggage.  

I have no problem with Liz and Sam commiserating about Carly being in their lives, but I hope that friendship remains and a month from now we won't be seeing them at each other's throat like this day never happened.  Or that Sam will be wearing that leather jacket like she didn't just burn it up.

Was Spencer sunbathing on the dark, filthy docks??  Also, it felt like nighttime since everyone was waiting for the fireworks to start so why was he SUNbathing?  Also, asking Trina to sunbathe nude was a bit much.  They really want to erase young NB's Spencer from our minds and differentiate his childish version of Spencer.  

Anyone see the guy who posted to KT on Twitter, basically calling Britt a prostitute for sleeping with Jason and Jax?  Kelly shut him down hard, but yikes, dude, it's television.  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sam and Jordan both look ridiculous in baseball uniforms, and Jordan should never wear a backwards baseball cap.

This whole company baseball summer thing was okay for maybe the first time, but it's stupid and needs to end now.

5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Dear Joss and Cam, please stop talking about your kiss. Nobody cares.

Seriously. This times a million.

3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Anyone see the guy who posted to KT on Twitter, basically calling Britt a prostitute for sleeping with Jason and Jax?  Kelly shut him down hard, but yikes, dude, it's television.  

Ooh, dude. Learn to separate real from reel. Also, judgmental much? I'm going to have to go find this.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Hater said:

Liz made Sam tolerable for me. I credit Becky more than anything.

Well she should have started with ripping the bandana from around Sam's neck! What is with that?

27 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Seriously Liz needs to have a talk with him stat!

Britt's dress was nice again, it was quite similar to the one the other day, that style looks good on her. Carly's dress.... was she not wearing a bra or the dress just made it look like that?

Jax had total bed head in the back so that should cause Jason and Carly to blow their gaskets!

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Ooh, dude. Learn to separate real from reel. Also, judgmental much? I'm going to have to go find this.

Tim

@Tim63324891

· 2h

@kellyThiebaud Kelly Thiebaud your role Charater play as Britt westbourne on General Hospital you kind of act like a prostitute because you sleep around with a lot of guys boss you having sex with Jason Morgan and now you having sex with Jax

kelly thiebaud

@kellythiebaud

Actually Tim… Prostitution is the act of sex in exchange for payment. This type of label is damaging to women. men that sleep around get praised, women get labeled a slut/prostitute. Just like how u only call out Britt and not the men she slept with. Why is that?

• Love 19
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

First time I've liked Sam in a while. But I hated the men showing up to save her and Liz.

But they weren't going there to save them. Finn and Dante were wondering where they were because the party was clearing up and everyone else had left and they had disappeared. Then Dante got a call that they'd started a small fire on the pier so they went to find out what was going on. 

Sam and Elizabeth weren't in handcuffs, and Dante as a cop was easily able to just wave the firefighter away. They weren't saving them, just checking it out.

Anyhoo, other than Joss, this was another excellent ep. Honestly I don't understand how more don't appreciate how good GH is. *sigh*

I'm loving just about how every story is playing out, so character driven, using such history, it's great. 

Like the bit at the end there with the bridge. Now Carly *really* wants to go to "Robin's" bridge because she's got Jason's engagement ring on her finger. 'Hah! Take that, Robin!' You could just hear in joyous hallelujah ringing through her head. Soooo good.

Also while I liked Jason and Britt, dang, I gotta say, in just two eps, Jax and Britt have completely won me over.. (And, again, drawing on that history to flesh out the characters which fleshes out the the relationship, makes it feel more real, more lived in.)

And my beloved FinnaBeth... love, love, love the delicious slow burn they're doing with them..... so good. Its like we're getting all of these wonderful, awesome couply moments with them, but they're just hints.

From the first shot of the two side by side, framed in such a 'WE ARE A COUPLE' way, to Elizabeth's constant little touches on his arm, shoulder, chest, to him staring after as she left, etc. But when asked he made it clear, 'nope... there's nothing there. She's mourning her husband, and I have my Anna issues.'

So, yeah, we know there's something but it's not being rushed. A fantastic slow burn. I love it.

Finally, the Sam/Elizabeth scenes were amazing. From how they found out, to how they reacted, to the different types of reactions, to the CARLY! CARLY! CARLY!, to the purging. So, so good.

I love my soap so much.

• Love 2

Jake: your daddy is a killer, sugarplum. it might not have been Franco - but he murders people on the regular. release the anger (also.. how did he become not dead anyway?)

Trina: is already all over what happened to her? honestly, you should still be a bit squigged out girl. Spencer is just lounging around.... so is he expecting that he won't run into anyone who would recognize him and call him Spencer and not Victor?

Maxie: you are a dummy. BLQ1 told you that coming over too many times would raise suspicions, Monica is already on the "yah, let's kinda forbid Maxie to come over all the time." like Brooklyn said - you aren't friends so showing up all the time (basically to see the baby, when your baby is "missing" and you're not freaking out) - is not gonna end well for you. 

Michael: oh kick a rock with your boohoo, i can't be with Willow, face. Same to you Willow. kick many rocks. Also now their lies aren't just hurting Chase but it's going to destroy Violet and you all suck monkey butt for doing this to them. 

Joss: "do you think you'll be happy?Jason's face: (nope). that made me laugh so hard. Carly you are all "I'm your best friend!" read his face. He's miserable. that ring is ugly. Carly's smug face about her getting married was the first time she could be all squeeee, finally!. (hopefully they both go click boom!)

Sam + Liz's face when they heard from Micheal about the MoC was classic. and good job burning 

If they are really gonna go there with Cam + Joss i'll just be ignoring it. 

hehe Valentine teasing Anna about the 4th of July. My mama's from England but since we're Canadian we don't get it so much but my other friend who is British gets it a lot living in the States

Episode loses -2 points because of Carly + Jason but  I'll still rank it as decent with some good drama brewing up. I think out of all the threads they were cultivating today the one that i am looking most forward to is the Maxie/Brooklyn/Bailey thing. I do like the Valentine/Anna thing as well

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I have read plenty of positive comments on today's show.

And while I don't believe in constant negative posting, I don't think GH is an overall quality show, if for no other reason than a show with such short scenes and the tons of commercial breaks and the pacing damages the flow of the show and stories. I think it has its moments but overall it struggles. 

Yeah, today was positive I was really happy to see. But yesterday, I was considering taking a break from the board for a while. 😥 I love GH. There are a few characters and stories I don't like, but overall I think its a darn good soap. I think today's episode's level of quality is closer to the norm. :shrugs:

• Love 1
(edited)

The only good thing I can say about Joss is that she wore another super cute dress and her hair was on point.  So there’s that.

Cameron and Jake were so sweet…Jake is the one who teaches Cam about girls, ha!

All the prominent companies in PC have their own softball teams and jerseys?  That’s a little much but ok fine.  I’d rather watch that than any Carly and Jason bullshit.  This is Carly’s dream come true and she can barely hide it.  It’s actually pretty pathetic, especially since Jason just looks sick to his stomach over everything.

Oh yeah and little Violet.  I just love her and her excitement over Uncle Chase and Aunt Willow.  Too bad said aunt looked like she was smelling rotten eggs.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I have read plenty of positive comments on today's show.

And while I don't believe in constant negative posting, I don't think GH is an overall quality show, if for no other reason than a show with such short scenes and the tons of commercial breaks and the pacing damages the flow of the show and stories. I think it has its moments but overall it struggles. 

Well to me  - i firmly believe the show can be better than what it is. We've seen it, so I would imagine that's what's frustrating a lot of people. It's what frustrates me. I personally think a lot of the storytelling is lazy and when they can turn left and tell an amazing story, they turn right and just drag out the nonsense. 

and to be fair. teen summers and whatnot on soaps always bored me to tears and the fact that it is going to feature Joss who is a right cow, Spencer is a spoiled brat. We're heading up for another mob-centric storyline which was blegh when they rushed the hospital-centric storyline. so we'll see. i try to find something i like or amusing moments and I love the show but  - but yeah. but...

• Love 4

I'm going to be the odd person out and say that I liked the ring if it were a bit less fussy. A pure setting would do the stone better.

51 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Poor Jake, he wants to believe that his father loves him and would never kill anyone who matters to Jake. He really doesn't know his father at all.

It seems so unfair to these children, Jake, Danny, Avery, Donna, to force them to accept that their parents kill in cold blood because it's their business. (We can include TJ, Kristina, and a thoroughly indoctrinated Joss and Michael in the list.)

51 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It figures that the mothers of Jason's sons both find out about his decision to marry Carly, by overhearing Jason and Willow talking at a bar instead of from Jason's lips. 

It says volumes that Carly is proudly parading Jason to her mother, ex-husband and especially to her children while it never occurs to Jason that maybe his children and their mothers should know.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It says volumes that Carly is proudly parading Jason to her mother, ex-husband and especially to her children while it never occurs to Jason that maybe his children and their mothers should know.

That's because fundamentally, the people who matter to Jason have already been informed of the marriage. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

All the prominent companies in PC have their own softball teams and jerseys?

That didn't seem odd to me, the jerseys are all totally ugly but it doesn't seem unbelievable that PC would have a league and companies, the hospital and the police would have teams in the league.

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm going to be the odd person out and say that I liked the ring if it were a bit less fussy. A pure setting would do the stone better.

I didn't mind the ring, I mean what are you going to do after that giant bling she had from Sonny. I'm not sure what the stone was supposed to be.

So Joss and Michael (presumably) won't call Jason "dad" but will Donna? What about Avery?

(edited)
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

[Quoting KT] Actually Tim… Prostitution is the act of sex in exchange for payment. This type of label is damaging to women. men that sleep around get praised, women get labeled a slut/prostitute. Just like how u only call out Britt and not the men she slept with. Why is that?

Seriously. And there's so much of this from female fans of the show, in some other places General Hospital is discussed. Recently I saw this huge throw-down between three women about who's the biggest slut out of Carly, Sam, or Elizabeth. People were naming every sexual partner any of them has had, and then bringing in factors like who's had sex with brothers or cousins or friends, like there was a whole scoring system, no pun intended. No one was naming every sexual partner Sonny had had, and pointing out the creepy age gaps with some of his conquests. I'd be shocked if even the biggest fan of the show could list all of his hook-ups and flings in order without consulting a site, because some of those characters are trivia questions now (Martina? Claire? Amelia?).

It's one reason I like Primetimer (and Previously TV and TWoP before it). Even when I don't agree with something written here, I'm spared anything really gross. Sometimes when I look around, I want to wash my eyes out. ("I wish Liesl would click the pen and force Dante to have sex with her. That would be so hot!") 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 13
42 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Well to me  - i firmly believe the show can be better than what it is. We've seen it, so I would imagine that's what's frustrating a lot of people. It's what frustrates me. I personally think a lot of the storytelling is lazy and when they can turn left and tell an amazing story, they turn right and just drag out the nonsense. 

I do and I don't. Just because of what I said earlier I think any show would struggle when it is interrupted so many times by commercial breaks and they have to balance this or that that FV tells them to do. I do think they could elevate the dialogue a bit.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm enjoying Jax/Britt. I didn't get on the Jason/Britt train so I'm fine w/that being over over. LOL! I'm not a fan of Jason romances anymore. To me, they are all the same, and I'm no longer interested in seeing Jason in a romance. Brax is fun. They have good chemistry, and I think they would work well together. I'd much rather see Britt w/Jax than Jason.  

Jason is right where he belongs. I hate Jarly, so I skipped/muted all their scenes. I didn't even see this ring y'all keep talking about. I saw a box and Carly smiling. I rolled my eyes and hit mute.

I did . . . unfortunately . . . see more Cameron/Joss scenes. Why was Josslyn so happy for her mom and Jason? Does she think this is a real marriage for them? Is she stupid? But I was NOT paying attn so maybe I missed something. 

I missed most of Cam/Jake b/c I really didn't need or want to see Cameron apologizing more, but I noticed Jake crying and talking about Franco. That was a good moment. HW is a good actor. 

I think I'm going to like Trina/Spencer. I'm in the minority in missing NB's Spencer. He was a brat, but I thought the little actor was good. I hate that his short stature is what lost him this role. That sucks. I'm short too (4'10"), but I'm a woman and not an actress so it hasn't impacted my career! Poor kid! I'm also fine w/Spencer being bad b/c someone in this teen/YA group (IMO) should be! I had no issues when Dev was doing "bad" things and will probably be fine w/Spencer doing bad things. Gotta spice up this group in some way. Again, JMO. 

I hate Millow. Always have. Always will. And does Michael work? He's NEVER shown at his job. Ever. He's either at the Q mansion or following Willow around the hospital or gatehouse. It's weird and pathetic! I know this horrible "triangle" is his story, but it would be good to show him doing other things too! The same goes for Willow!They are always shown hanging around Chase and looking miserable. It's overkill, and I'm over it. 

I'm not going to feel bad for Maxie when she's banned from the Q mansion and when Valentin has her committed to Shadybrook. No spoilers . . . I'm just guessing. She's being an idiot! 

I really like Vanna!! Didn't think I would ever like a Valentin pairing, but he works w/FH, IMO. They have amazing chemistry. Loved that kiss! It makes me wonder if MW and MC are uncomfortable kissing or something! Everyone else is doing it except them, and Nava is FIRE! 

Great scenes btw Liz and Sam. I wouldn't mind seeing these two as actual friends. Hope it lasts. 

Edited by lala2
Spelling errors
  • Love 6

Thoughts on today:

- That dress Carly is wearing is super unflattering.  Who did LW piss off in wardrobe?

- Joss is...pretty stupid. The whole "ZOMG, you guys are getting married--that totally makes sense!" attitude was more fitting for an 8-yr-old, not one a decade older.

- While I liked the Cam/Jake scenes, Jake needs a wake-up call when it comes to dear old Dad. 

- Ugh, Carly is milking this ~engagement for all its worth.  Practically begging Jason to say the bridge and its meaning for him has nothing to do with Robin.  Too bad it really didn't work.  But, for real, why are they both acting like this will be an actual marriage? 

- Why is Sam wearing a bandanna around her neck like a Golden Retriever?

- Holy fireworks, that Valentin/Anna kiss was hot!  JPS really knows how to bring the heat.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why was Jordan drinking wine?  Nelle was adamant about not drinking with her remaining kidney.

I don't  know how much she was drinking, but one glass of wine shouldn't hurt.

47 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why was Jordan drinking wine?  Nelle was adamant about not drinking with her remaining kidney.

Jordan (the writers) forgot she has only one kidney. They'll remember it for the next plot point.

45 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

It's one reason I like Primetimer (and Previously TV and TWoP before it). Even when I don't agree with something written here, I'm spared anything really gross. Sometimes when I look around, I want to wash my eyes out. ("I wish Liesl would click the pen and force Dante to have sex with her. That would be so hot!") 

That sounds extremely gross and creepy, but given how the show treats rape when it comes to men (see Jax who was accused of cheating by Carly after he was raped by Irina), it's really not shocking that some people would think that coerced sex with a guy who was brain washed would be hot.

That meteorite cannot crash on this planet soon enough.

• Love 3