Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Joss' high school graduation party is a three times the affair than any MA party I've been to.

Michael is such a whiny little baby. Shut up already about Jax blackmailing you. And shut up Josslyn about how great you are for "forgiving" Cameron.

Ava always looks party-ready. One of the things I admire about her, along with her ruthlessness. I like Nik going all Cassadine

They are milking this "Cameron is terrible because he blamed Jason" far too long. Who cares?

Britt's 30 second clean up was hilarious. Her matching black dress, not so much.

When SBu tries to look pained, all it comes out as is constipated.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I may be in the minority, but I'm sick of Cameron's apology tour. I'm sick of it! Why does he have to keep apologizing to people for thinking a paid assassin killed someone?!?!? How old is Jake? He looks like he's 14. Does he not understand his dad is a paid killer? Does he know his mother also thought his dad killed Franco? I can sort of understand him thinking his dad wouldn't hurt him by killilng Franco and being angry that Cameron thought Jason didn't love him enough to not do it anyway . . . . but GET OVER IT. This arc has played out far too long, IMO, and that's only b/c it involved sainted Jason. No one else gets as many apologies on this crap show when they're wronged! Did anyone apologize to Liesl or Franco when they were accused of stuff they didn't do?! I don't think so, but Liz and Cameron's apology tour is neverending! It's overkill.  

And I hate that this show won't let anyone criticize the sainted ones. I would love to have seen Trina on Camerson's side when it comes to Joss, but, no, we can't have that. Everyone has got to kiss the feet of the Corinthos clan. It's sickening. It would have been nice to see someone point out to her how Cameron feels and how the world doesn't revolve around her and her family?!?! I cannot stand Josslyn. And why does Cameron care if Josslyn comes to his party? Why can't he just count the friendship as over and be okay w/that?!?! It's beyond frustrating. You don't always remain friends w/your HS friends. That's normal. 

And could the show not afford any teen extras. It looks like Cameron and Trina are the only teens at their party. If they cannot afford (or don't want) day players, then could they at least give these kids dialogue that references other friends? No wonder Cameron wants to make up w/Josslyn so bad if he only has TWO friends! LOL! Wait . . . I might have seen a random group of teen-looking kids in one shot. 

I love that Nikolas is not giving up on Ava. I hope we learn that Spencer is behind all of this soon. (No spoilers - I'm just assuming.)

Gotta hand it to Britt. She laid out how a relationship w/Jason will work and seems to understand she would be third, fourth, fifth in his priority list. That said, for her to say that this early in the relationship leads me to believe the writers might be ready to make some actual changes in Jason. I'm not sure how I feel about that, esp. given he's never been inspired to change for his kids or his other baby mommas.  

• Love 13

Well, I was enjoying that until it got interrupted by the special report. When Carly told Jax, Bobbie, and Michael that she and Jason were getting married, and Bobbie said Jason who? 🤣🤣🤣

I loved Britt telling Jason to get the hell out of her room, but I know it would have been better if she was all okay, see ya! Not looking forward to how she gets over this.

Liesl and Scott are still damn cute.

Josslyn is annoying as hell. Cam apologized. STFU and get over it. So fucking tiring.

I will NEVER get used to seeing Ava and Nina as friends, let alone gal pals who gossip about their love lives and Nina being concerned when Ava tells her that Avery was targeted. HELLO!!! Just all kinds of wrong. Nina being played by a different actress helps, but not enough.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/30/2021 at 9:03 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't know if I deleted Monday's episode or if my dvr didn't record it, even though it's set up to record both new and repeats. Hee. I don't know that I want to watch yesterday's episode.

KT was very good in her scene of Britt's mother-daughter time with Obrecht  (I rolled my eyes at Obrecht. Finn telling Scott he wants Elizabeth to be Violet's legal guardian if something happens to him was worth watching, too.

I saw about 30 minutes of the July 1 episode, between the storm knocking out my TV and then the Trump org indictments special report news.

I really enjoyed watching Cam, Trina and Jake. Casting really struck gold with HW. He is an excellent young actor, and he genuinely looks like he could be SBu's son.  (Whereas the Danny actor not only looks nothing like SBu or KeMo, he doesn't look like any other Qs or any Davis/Cassadine family members either. 

I  also really enjoyed Britt telling Jason off for his decision to marry Carly.  She was hurt, but was like hell no, I don't need your support in the scraps of time you're not devoted to Carly, don't want you, goodbye. I almost laughed at Jason's sad, teary, rejected face.

I missed the first part - did Josslyn's "party" really just consist of her parents, brother, grandma, and Jason?  It's so gross she wanted Jason's permission to go to Cam's party - that it wasn't "disloyal" to him. Her lines and tone with Jason made it sound like she doesn't even genuinely want to be friends with Cam anymore because she seems him as unworthy. She has never been more of a mini-Carly (IMO) than she was in the scene with Jason. And he speaks to her as if she is indeed just a younger version of Calry.

As opposed to Cam's party, with actual guests. But Elizabeth should NOT have to welcome Obrecht just because Scott wants to make his new lover happy, Obrecht telling Elizabeth she believes Franco would want her there pissed me off. She had nothing to do with Cam, ever!!!!  I

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

I HATED Cameron and Joss linking arms and talking about how great their summer is going to be.

I see Bobbie is back in the ugly paisley dress that I suspect JZ has owned since the 60s. On the other hand, Joss' was perfect for an 18 year old's graduation party.

Speaking of which, does everyone graduating have their own party? Why not just one for all the friends?

"Carly and I realized that it's best for the family and each other to get married." #romancegoals

KT was great in the scene where someone finally tells Jason some home truths. I hope that Jason caring about Britt is not over because the show desperately needs some weight to this MOC beyond Carly getting everything she's ever wanted; Sonny's money and Jason as her husband.

I felt like I was going to throw up as Michael and Bobbie were so gung ho about Carly marrying Jason.

11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

(Whereas the Danny actor not only looks nothing like SBu or KeMo, he doesn't look like any other Qs or any Davis/Cassadine family members either. 

Nor can he act beyond grade school play level.

• Love 6
(edited)

Continuing on the "how are people related" , why was Nik at Cameron's party, and then he hugged him and said he is proud. Have they ever had any contact? So Nik is Laura's son, and Laura is Cam's grandma (not by blood) and Nik and Liz had an affair once....still seemed odd that Nik was there, maybe I am missing something.

I like Joss's dress, she looked nice. 

Bobbie's initial reaction to the "news" was hilarious and Jax's face was great,

Britt should trash the room and leave it for Carly to pay for.

Edited by Blackie
grammer and spacing
  • LOL 6
46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Michael is such a whiny little baby. Shut up already about Jax blackmailing you. And shut up Josslyn about how great you are for "forgiving" Cameron.

And learn how to dress, too. While everyone else was wearing party clothes, Michael was wandering around with his shirt tails out, sporting his usual hangdog look. He's the CEO of a freaking multinational company, for heaven's sake. Maybe instead of being pissy to Jax he could ask him for the number of his tailor. 

31 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Well, I was enjoying that until it got interrupted by the special report.

Usually I try not to complain too much about this kind of interruption, but IMO, today's was beyond stupid. First of all, it wasn't exactly breaking news. Additionally, the news narrator himself was irritating. He was so excited that he couldn't talk. (Way to be measured and impartial, dude.)  Then, at least in my area, the feed itself glitched several times so we got various people repeating 2 or 3 words over and over. 

Personally, I would have enjoyed a little more of Britt giving Jason what for or Carly the non-acrobat twisting herself into various contorted postures as she was desperately trying to rationalize her upcoming marriage to her family. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

@Daisy you actually raise a great point. The story would have been better if Joss sided with Cam the whole time, and Carly had to deal with Joss's loyalty to Cam because he's like her Jason.

9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of which, does everyone graduating have their own party? Why not just one for all the friends?

Graduation parties, in my experience, are usually more for family (to write the recent grad a check...) Sometimes they get grouped if multiple cousins are graduating the same year. 

• Love 3

Britt jumping up to get dressed and clean up because her guy is coming over unexpectedly…I mean really who hasn’t been there?!  Relatable. 

Are these two idiots really trying to sell this MOC as an actual marriage?!  Not everyone is as stupid as their idol Sonny.

Still loving Scotty and Liesl. “I didn’t think you’d want to go.”  “Well I do.” “Well let’s go then!”  Love them. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

@Daisy you actually raise a great point. The story would have been better if Joss sided with Cam the whole time, and Carly had to deal with Joss's loyalty to Cam because he's like her Jason.

that would have so lovely. and then they both could have come to the conclusion that Jason didn't do it, and both apologise and Joss explaining her reasonings etc. Again I don't understand (or like) the fact that Joss is just so accepting about the mob life. like how is she not questioning how wrong this is - if this is really going to be life that she's gonna be in for the rest of her life. I remember her questioning it with Sam for like 1 minute and she's over it. 

If my mother became a mob dona - i'd be devastated, not all "oh that's cool!" like why is she doing things like this what does this mean for me to have a normal life? Carly can bleat all she wants about trying to keep her kids out of the business but ALL of her kids are involved in the business and everyone is okay with it. like come on. 

and it just irritates me to no end that Cam has been there for her for everything and cam even said it - the one time he needs her, Joss can't come down off her high horse and just be there for him because he believes her family's lap dog was innocent - even when cam said - let's just agree to disagree, and Joss is like, no my way or the high way. And it's not like this is something that is a one time thing. like i've said before. what if  Jason actually kills someone Cam likes/admires/loves? does he have to just swallow his feelings because he doesn't want to lose Joss? 

Joss pretty made a line in the sand. You have to be okay with my family and their life style (murderous as it is), or you don't have me in your life and Cam and Trina are going to be okay with this. that is just disgustingly pathetic. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Britt jumping up to get dressed and clean up because her guy is coming over unexpectedly…I mean really who hasn’t been there?!  Relatable. 

That would so have been me. I'm a total slob and also a procrastinator. She thought she would have a whole day to clean but Jason said he wanted to see her right now. Oops! (When I was in a long-distance relationship, this was a frequent thing for me. Wait until right before he lands to start cleaning lol.) Her "crap!" was done really well. 

I'm assuming that this will replay on Hulu at 8pm ET as normal so I'll catch the rest then.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Michael is such a whiny little baby. Shut up already about Jax blackmailing you. 

I knew there was something I forgot in my post but then Michael is forgettable!! LOL!!!

Thank you for saying this!!! Michael already admitted he doesn't care about Nina seeing Wiley so he can shut up about the blackmail. Is he going to whine about that forever?!?! You're the idiot who gave in so punch yourself in the face and shut up! 

• Love 5
(edited)

Echoing everyone on Cam's apology tour. But honestly, Cam needs to grow a pair and tell her to fuck off and that he doesn't need a friend like her. Friendships like this are not worth it at all. When Joss lost people in her life, everyone had to console her and walk on eggshells around her, but she can't even do the same for someone she has known all her life. I think the worst part is that Joss seems to be unable to move on from this perceived betrayal. 

It's really irksome that the writers are using Joss to perpetuate the narrative that Jason is a good guy. He's not. He's a murderer. The fact that they kept point out that he's a murderer but not a sloppy murderer is so very bad.

If this is supposed to make anyone root for Joss and Cam to get together, well this girl wishes for a crack in the earth where Joss can vanish. She can go live with the mole people and annoy them to death.

So Spencer dressed in a Bart Simpson ninja get up. Spencer is still a little shit. Stay pressed, asshat.

At least Britt didn't grovel and beg Jason to reconsider. I'm glad she understood the score and kicked him out. Hopefully the brain cells that were burned off by his toxic fumes will grow back.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Continuing on the "how are people related" , why was Nik at Cameron's party, and then he hugged him and said he is proud. Have they ever had any contact? So Nik is Laura's son, and Laura is Cam's grandma (not by blood) and Nik and Liz had an affair once....still seemed odd that Nik was there, maybe I am missing something.

I don't know. Does he consider Nikolas his uncle since Lucky was his dad for years? Even if they hadn't had as much contact, it's pretty much the same as considering Laura his Grandma because of Lucky.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I can't think of any recent contact, but years ago, when Lucky was still around and Cam was played by Braden Walkes, he was "Uncle Nikolas" and they seemed to have a pretty typical uncle-nephew relationship.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Katy M said:

8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yes, it was.  Anna had previously said Austin reminded her of someone and, after seeing the picture, she said she knew his father.  

As you all know, I like to go with maximum randomness.  So, I will go with Decker Moss is his father.

I wonder whatever happened to the actor who played that character.  Would that the writers be that inventive and random.

Okay. I can’t help it. The Jason/Britt angst was fire. I was rooting for a kiss before she kicked him to the curb. She’s obviously running into Jax to blow off steam. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Okay. I can’t help it. The Jason/Britt angst was fire. I was rooting for a kiss before she kicked him to the curb. She’s obviously running into Jax to blow off steam. 

I thought it was really good, too. Usually I shrug off interruptions and don’t search for the ep to see what I missed, but this time I did. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

I like Joss's dress, she looked nice. 

Bobbie's initial reaction to the "news" was hilarious and Jax's face was great,

Britt should trash the room and leave it for Carly to pay for.

Spencer, Cameron, Joss and Emma spent a fair amount of time together when they were young 'uns. And it seems to me that Cameron was really affected when Spencer was burned. So there's definitely uncle-nephew history there.

Is that the same Spencer actor, or we do we not know yet? 

• Love 1
On 6/30/2021 at 1:12 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Clearly there was no "what are you wearing--should we go casual or dressy?" group text happening here.  

NLG looks amazingly hot.    Good for her. 

On 6/30/2021 at 6:25 PM, dbklmt said:

Yes he is and the person peering from the elevator is Spencer.

I say it's Cameron Mathieson who's going to play Vincent Novak.  Those people that have posted here and think he's been recast as Drew what proof of this is there?  No mention of Drew has been made on the show but Vincent Novak is talked about a lot and today we finally saw one of his relatives.  The unveiling of VN is upon us.     

I hope you're right!

• Love 2

OMG, Michael is such an infant. He's still whining about Jax's "blackmail." No wonder everyone else has to do everything for him. He's completely incapable of acting on his own.

Joss, fuck off.

LOL at Britt's sped-up room neatening. But for Jason?

giphy.gif

At least she told him to get out. And good for her for not accepting any crumbs of attention he might throw her way. 

Laura teasing Scott about Liesl was adorable.

Michael, Jax, and Bobbie had hilarious expressions when Carly told them she and Jason were getting married. I'm not sure what Carly expected, but it wasn't that. Ha! 

Nina is really doubling down on Mike. I guess she might as well—she's screwed anyway.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael, Jax, and Bobbie had hilarious expressions when Carly told them she and Jason were getting married. I'm not sure what Carly expected, but it wasn't that. Ha! 

And LW resorted to her go-to "I smelled something bad" with a head shake to convey what she thought of Jax's comment. 

Also, lovely that Carly can have Bobbie risk her life/prison time/her nursing license to protect "the family business," but she can't respect her enough to tell her the truth about why she and Jason are getting married.  Seriously, this is gross.  Is Carly going to insist to "make it seem real" they have to share a bedroom?  Because I'm sure Jason would just sleep standing up in the closet. 

29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Joss, fuck off.

After watching, so much worse than I was prepared for.  What a snot.  How ~generous of her to accept Cam's apology "because he was grieving."  And why do I feel like we're heading for a Cam/Joss/Spencer triangle this summer, with Trina odd person out even though she's the one both boys should be enthralled with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I really enjoyed Cam's graduation party and the crew that attended. I like that he considers Lucky's family his family in spite of how they've tried to walk back Lucky's involvement in his life. 

Assuming that ninja man is Spencer, I'm pleased that they recasted him! He does seem like he's going to be leaning heavily into those dark Cassadine vibes and I'm okay with it. They could definitely use someone new in the teen scene as I'm sick of it all revolving around Joss's whining. I hope the fact that his first scene is with Trina might allude to them being matched up. She deserves an actual love interest.

Jason and Carly's MOC is so so dumb and literally makes zero sense. Even more dumb is Carly pretending it's a legit marriage to Bobbie, Jax, and Michael... Like why not tell the truth to the family at least? I also imagine she's secretly LOVING every second of this. 

That being said, I was living for Britt not taking any of Jason's crap. While Nik/Ava are on a break, I could be down for another Nik/Britt hookup. Also totally cool with her hooking up with Jax just because it'd bug Carly.

• Love 5
On 6/28/2021 at 10:23 PM, statsgirl said:

If Austin is a Holt, why is he asking about Jason? Is it a misdirect to make us think he's with one of the Five Families?

My best guess is he wanted to know if there was a legal way to replace Jason as a Q heir, given Jason's brain damage and history as a criminal.

On 6/29/2021 at 4:14 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Nobody should be mourning Jason Morgan, least of all the women in his life. A guy who chooses the mob over his children is not worth the headache, the heartache or anything really,

Sam has mourned the loss of her relationship with Jason at least twice,  was still obsessed with him for years when SBu was gone,  twisted herself into knots about having a family with him, wanting him to be an active father in recent years, etc. She sadly believed he would be a devoted father everything with Michael.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:00 PM, Artsda said:

I forgot Violet was Elizabeth's niece, she really should be more in her life.

She is - off screen.  Elizabeth and Finn have made references to Violet sleeping over at Elizabeth's house, Violet's fondness of cousin Cam's hair, etc.

On 6/30/2021 at 8:30 PM, mostlylurking said:

Danny is the only one I can see this making sense. Even with Donna, wouldn’t Carly name her mother as guardian?  

Nah. She thought he was the most perfect father to little Michael before Jason gave him up to Sonny, so it wouldn't surprise me at all that Carly would want Jason as Donna's guardian/replacement Daddy.  Also, Bobbie is old.  She's not up to raising a toddler.

21 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Probably so! But it's been pointed out that Alan's storyline where he recovered from a crash and started an insta family with Charity and her son Jonah was in Pautauck...But later Charity married Jimmy Lee.

So Austin could be Jonah, OR Alan's actual son with Charity we never knew about, OR Charity and Jimmy Lee's son we never knew about

There are pictures of the Q Family around the Q house, where Valentin is currently living. I imagine both Anna and Valentin would recognize Alan in a photo with Austin.  

Austin as the son of Charity and Jimmy Lee seems likely.

13 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

My poor Hayden, all but forgotten.

Elizabeth has mentioned her several times recently in conversations with Finn, and Shawn keeps mentioning Hayden to Alexis in his complaints that he's not the one who shot her.

6 hours ago, Blackie said:

Continuing on the "how are people related" , why was Nik at Cameron's party, and then he hugged him and said he is proud. Have they ever had any contact? So Nik is Laura's son, and Laura is Cam's grandma (not by blood) and Nik and Liz had an affair once.

and after that affair, when Elizabeth was pregnant with Aiden, she and Cam and Jake lived with Nikolas at Wyndemere briefly.

5 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I can't think of any recent contact, but years ago, when Lucky was still around and Cam was played by Braden Walkes, he was "Uncle Nikolas" and they seemed to have a pretty typical uncle-nephew relationship.

Correct. I don't believe Nikolas and Cameron have been around each other more than once or twice since WL was cast as teen Cam.  However, WL's Cam has called Lulu "Aunt Lulu" and Laura "Grandma" so I assume he still thinks of Nikolas as his uncle.  NIkolas considers all three of Elizabeth's sons to be his nephews. Elizabeth has also referenced Bobbie babysitting "the boys" over the years, so it seems like she is considered to be a great aunt to all 3, not just Lucky's bio son.

What gets me is that all three boys call Laura "Grandma,' which implies that they do and always have considered Lucky to be their dad or at least a father figure. But Cam and Jake don't ever get to so much as acknowledge that they met or knew Lucky.  The Show likes to have it both ways. 

Speaking of family relationships, is Audrey supposed to still be alive? The last time I recall any acknowledgement of her still being in touch with the Webber Family was when Elizabeth was about to marry "Jake Doe."

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

And I keep waiting for either Finn or Liz to suggest chopping Peter up and sneaking him out of the basement in more manageable chunks. Come on! You're both medical professionals, you can do this. 

Well...they could always call that "fixer" guy...what's his name...the Wolfe or something? I hear tell he knows what to do with a dead body. Just sayin.😉

• LOL 1

If they brought Spencer back for a triangle with Cameron and Joss, I’m going to scream. This group had 3 male teens so far and 1 of them dated Joss while the other 2 boys had/have crushes on her. I know this show is tone deaf but even they have to know how horrible it looks that Trina has never been the number 1 option for any of the male teens. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Elizabeth has mentioned her several times recently in conversations with Finn, and Shawn keeps mentioning Hayden to Alexis in his complaints that he's not the one who shot her.

I didn't mean by the characters, I meant by the audience - as evidenced by the person I replied to that forgot Hayden is Violet's mother. Let's face it, no one wants her back except me.

So I finally just went and watched the whole episode, from the beginning even though I saw everything up until the news interruption. I was really impressed by KT's acting in the 2nd half of those scenes. She really nailed the shock, anger, and bitterness. Well done, Kelly.

Ugh. The Ava/Nina stuff got even worse. I cannot with them being so close. It's gross to me. 

Although Joss sucks and needs to shut her holier than thou big mouth, I loved everything about her dress and her hair. So there is that.

• Love 3

Was that a recast Spencer? I was trying to remember what the original’s eyes looked like without glasses and couldn’t. I actually thought he looked like Dev and that scared me a little, frankly. 

I know Nina and Ava buried the hatchet awhile back, but since when are they such besties? Every time I turn around, they’re having drinks and giving each other life advice. There has to be a friend option that would feel less forced, for both of them.

Other than for dumb plot purposes, I don’t understand why Jason couldn’t tell Britt the truth about why the MOC is happening. (Unless he doesn’t understand it either.) It’s not like she’s going to run to all Five Families and squeal his secrets.  

As for the MOC itself, I’ve been intrigued by the idea of putting Carly and Jason together for a long time, mostly because I thought it would shake up the very stale S/C/J thruple dynamic while forcing the characters to face their issues. But now that it’s finally happening, I’m less than excited about it. Partly because I know the show will screw it up, but also because I was really on board for the Jason/ Britt megawatt chemistry experiment, and I don’t like to see my girl cry.

I thought the scenes with Anna and Valentin were very well done, but while I appreciated the comfortable vibe between the two, I still don’t see any chemistry. I hope the show gets back to exploring the much more interesting pairing of Val and Brooke Lynne, because given a chance, they could cause a whole lot of fun trouble as a power couple.

This was a few days ago, but:

On 6/28/2021 at 2:44 PM, rur said:

Moss was noticeably absent from the Corinthos kitchen today. Is it in contract negotiations?

I was very distracted by Moss being in the very first scene of the MOC talks, yet missing in every subsequent scene. Where did he go?? I finally decided that Moss left because he was inspired to enter into his very own MOC with Carly’s long-unseen Bowl of Lemons. And while Jason and Carly are busy making nonsense plans, Moss and Lemons will take over the PC mob— or at least start an organically grown Sixth Family. Now, that’s the version of GH Mob I want to see.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I know Nina and Ava buried the hatchet awhile back, but since when are they such besties? Every time I turn around, they’re having drinks and giving each other life advice. There has to be a friend option that would feel less forced, for both of them.

I'm looking at the female cast (because Nina has Curtis and Ava has Scott) and there really isn't much there. I loved when Ava and Laura were bonding when Ryan was after her, but she can't really do that now because of Nik. Ava really is a loner when it comes to females. This is also why this rings hollow and untrue to me. Ava's best friend was her brother. She had a close relationship with Franco. And she gets along well with Scott. She just works better with men unless it's a teenager like Trina.

As far as Nina, who else for her? Anna has her own friends, Alexis is off in prison, and Carly's obviously out of the question. There's Portia, Jordan, and Liz but why would they want anything to do with Nina? Who's left, Olivia? No wonder they had to make up Phyllis as her friend.

26 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I was really on board for the Jason/ Britt megawatt chemistry experiment, and I don’t like to see my girl cry.

She was so good at it today though.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Is Carly going to insist to "make it seem real" they have to share a bedroom?  Because I'm sure Jason would just sleep standing up in the closet. 

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL. I almost did a literal spit take reading this!

3 hours ago, Laur said:

Jason and Carly's MOC is so so dumb and literally makes zero sense. Even more dumb is Carly pretending it's a legit marriage to Bobbie, Jax, and Michael... Like why not tell the truth to the family at least? I also imagine she's secretly LOVING every second of this. 

I know! I couldn't understand why Jason (other than him being his usual monosyllabic self) wasn't just spitting it out and explaining the real reasons for the marriage and didn't realize until Carly tried to sell it as real to the others that they are going to try and convince people that it is an actual marriage. I can maybe see Jason not telling Britt since they don't know each other that well, but there's no reason for Carly to lie to Michael, Bobbie, or even Jax. It's not like they're going to spill their secret.

53 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I like the friendship, think the actresses have chemistry, and feel they developed it organically. Yes, what Nina did to Ava was horrific, but the way the show had the two team up and at first have a sort of frenemy relationship that developed into this friendship they have. They're not necessarily besties, they don't always have scenes together, but they've grown to care about each other so they confide in each other sometimes. 

33 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

As far as Nina, who else for her? Anna has her own friends, Alexis is off in prison, and Carly's obviously out of the question. There's Portia, Jordan, and Liz but why would they want anything to do with Nina? Who's left, Olivia? No wonder they had to make up Phyllis as her friend.

Nina does have friends. Maybe they'd mostly be considered family but she has friendships with Maxie, Obrecht, and Britt. She has a friendship with Curtis, too. She's basically been doing a friendship tour since she came back to PC.

Ugh, Britt has been so ridiculously over-the-top the last couple of episodes with her moony-eyes over Jason. I get that people can be giddy in that beginning stage of a relationship (and I'm sure they were trying to set-up her hard fall when Jason announced the MOC) but she just made me roll my eyes. Like someone else said, she was basically auditioning to be the best mob moll ever in Wed's episode. "You just dragged that guy out of here and now you have blood on your knuckles? Who cares, what are we going to do for dinner on Friday?" Then that ridiculous montage of her cleaning up (what was the point of that) today. I was glad to see her come crashing down with Jason's announcement. The two of them have a barely there relationship so I don't care about all the tears (or the attempted tears on his side.) I did have to laugh at her pointing out that she should have seen it that Carly would always come first. Yeah, and it has nothing to do with the MOC. Even if they weren't getting married, Carly would always come first.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Let's face it, no one wants her back except me.

I love Rebecca Budig so for that reason I would be happy to see Hayden back, but as for the character she’s iffy. Keeping Violet away from Finn pretty much out of spite, now staying away from her daughter for months (years?). I get that it was for her own protection at first, but wouldn’t she be keeping tabs on PC??  Is she just never going to see her daughter again? Meh. 

7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Was that a recast Spencer?

Spencer is a little shit I think we all can agree. That said, I can’t feel too bad about him terrorizing Nikolas. The guy let his kid believe he was an orphan for three years (again, under the guise of doing what was best for him). I’m only sorry that my girl Ava is suffering. 

Ugh. The Ava/Nina stuff got even worse. I cannot with them being so close. It's gross to me. 

I like to see the female friendships on this show so I try and forget their past. I mean if Sonny can be forgiven for killing his stepsons dad and shooting another son point blank on the chest, I guess Ava can forgive Nina for stealing her baby out of her womb (which is extremely fucked up don’t get me wrong, but at least little Avery is still alive). 

Although Joss sucks and needs to shut her holier than thou big mouth, I loved everything about her dress and her hair. So there is that.

Agree. She looked fab. Someone commented that this whole Joss/Cam story would have been more interesting if Joss had actually sided with Cam. I totally agree, and it would have made more sense as well. Joss and Cam have been friends forever. It would be so much more realistic if a teenaged girl took her best friends side over her mother’s bestie. Alas, not meant to be.

I didn’t get to catch the rest of the episode after the news interruption, but I’m getting that Britt didn’t let Jason off the hook. Good for her.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

It’s not like she’s going to run to all Five Families and squeal his secrets.  

Which points out how stupid the MOC is. Are the Five Families that stupid to fall for something so obvious? The timing won't make them think, "Hmm, what's up with this sudden marriage?"

And if the Families are that stupid, hee!

12 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I can’t feel too bad about him terrorizing Nikolas. The guy let his kid believe he was an orphan for three years (again, under the guise of doing what was best for him). I’m only sorry that my girl Ava is suffering. 

I'm sorry for Avery, too. She doesn't deserve to have to live at Carly's because her turd of a stepbrother has daddy issues.

• Love 8

I know this is moot, but what if Jaysus was married to Sam right now? Just what would have been the SHEBEAST’s plaaaan to convince the Five Families (I mean, whaat???) that Jason was in charge?

It’s all so galactically STOOPID.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Was that a recast Spencer?

Yes:

Nicholas Alexander Chavez is now playing the role of Spencer.

Spencer’s recasting was kept a tightly-held secret until July 1st’s episode when it was finally revealed that 21-year-old LA-based actor Nicholas Alexander Chavez would be taking on the role.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know this is moot, but what if Jaysus was married to Sam right now? Just what would have been the SHEBEAST’s plaaaan to convince the Five Families (I mean, whaat???) that Jason was in charge?

It’s all so galactically STOOPID.

Jason would clearly drop Sam like a hot potato, and they'd go to the island to file a quickie divorce. He would assure her that she would always be taken care of, and leave her all of his Q money. The show would forget about this a few months later, when Jason still has a controlling interest in ELQ or something. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Nina does have friends. Maybe they'd mostly be considered family but she has friendships with Maxie, Obrecht, and Britt. She has a friendship with Curtis, too. She's basically been doing a friendship tour since she came back to PC.

I know she has Curtis, I was talking about females specifically which I mentioned. I discounted family because family is just that. Maxie would come close, the closest actually.

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I like to see the female friendships on this show so I try and forget their past. I mean if Sonny can be forgiven for killing his stepsons dad and shooting another son point blank on the chest, I guess Ava can forgive Nina for stealing her baby out of her womb (which is extremely fucked up don’t get me wrong, but at least little Avery is still alive). 

Maura doesn't get it at all and admitted she doesn't see why Ava should have to forgive Nina (she was pretty hilarious about it). That makes me feel better lol. And also shows what a consummate professional she is. As she says, "actors act, writers write".

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I love Rebecca Budig so for that reason I would be happy to see Hayden back, but as for the character she’s iffy. Keeping Violet away from Finn pretty much out of spite, now staying away from her daughter for months (years?). I get that it was for her own protection at first, but wouldn’t she be keeping tabs on PC??  Is she just never going to see her daughter again? Meh. 

She was threatened with Violet's life if she ever came back. So yeah, I'm going to cut her a little slack there. She was absolutely gutted leaving her. It's not an at first situation. As far as she knows, nothing has changed. No one has told her otherwise, and she feels it's too risky to go anywhere near as far as monitoring goes. Finn could have reached out and tried to contact/find her through Curtis like he did before to tell her everything is safe and she can come back home, but has he? I guess he doesn't care either. I don't anticipate her coming back again and although I'd love nothing more than to see her back on my screen, I also hope she doesn't because the writing will do her no favors.

Although I have no love for Jax, what the hell did Carly expect? For him to do jumping jacks at this news? He's probably secretly thrilled that Sonny's "dead". For her to go rushing into a quickie marriage to Jason with no explanation except it's best for the family, we were a partnership yadda yadda yadda, it's not exactly rocket science to guess his reaction. I hope he tells Joss on his own although I'm sure with her love for Jason she'll be thrilled with her new stepfather. Ew.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Maura doesn't get it at all and admitted she doesn't see why Ava should have to forgive Nina (she was pretty hilarious about it). That makes me feel better lol. And also shows what a consummate professional she is. As she says, "actors act, writers write".

100%. She’s a pro.  I mean, they are actors right?  They should be able to act the storyline regardless of personal feelings.  And given the often times shit writing I’d say the majority of these actors are doing the same and doing a great job.

10 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

As far as she knows, nothing has changed. No one has told her otherwise,

This is exactly my point.  Like I said I totally get why she left in the first place and I know it was awful for her.  But like, wouldn’t she be keeping updated SOMEHOW??   She leaves her daughter and has absolutely no way of knowing when or if the situation will ever be safe again, so basically she is just never going to see her daughter again. No one can tell her otherwise because no one knows where she is.  This is a prime example of the above mentioned shit writing.  My humble opinion. 

• Love 2

I believe Hayden was kidnapped offscreenville. She’s not where Nik told her to go, and after a half-hearted attempt on both his and Jax’s part to search for her, nada. Par for the course in dropping that plot because plot!

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

It just sucks that while actors like Ron Hogworth get to have a brand character whenever it seems like he wants, people like Maura and Billy Warlock in the aughts, feel like they have to play whatever is handed to them. 

I don't hold Ava in high regard, but Nina and her mom committed a heinous act her. It is fine to forgive if she feels Nina is generally sorry, but there is no prior friendship to warrant a friendship now, so at best they should be civil to one another.

• Love 2

Yesterday's show

Nina: where was this show's mind (haha) when they came up with this plot. she's falling in love with Sonny? I don't care if he calls himself Santa Claus you KNOW who he is. He'll eventually remember who he is. like. this is so dumb. And she is all giddy like a school girl over it. She's clearly lost the plot

Micheal: oh shut up. "you broke something. you have to live with the consequences?" like. grow up. all of this was your making and all of it could have ended with you telling the truth. you want to play martyr you deal with it. And stop acting like you and Jax were super close up until he said anything. you weren't you dummy. 

Joss: You look pretty. and I ranted at you yesterday, but i am just going to say this, and honestly, i would give Jason so much credit in the world if he said this to her. Cam was allowed to be mad - and Jason isn't an innocent person. he was innocent of the crime he was accused of  but he's a murderer.  This goes to Jake as well, though i don't know how old he is to have that rug pulled underneath him so... (and "I chose to forgive him.". oh kick a rock. and Jason's "I love you." to that selfish rant - this is why they get away w/crap like that she and her mother)

I hope they make Joss flame out of school  or something. tarnish that golden halo of hers

Britt: lol that was cute the clean up. "I would think you were joking but you don't do that." looll. And she kicked him out. Good. and Hopefully she realizes a lot faster than Sam when this stupid wedding breaks apart that she will never be first in his life and no matter how good he is in bed it's not worth it. 

Bobbie: Jason who?! I died. I died so much. 

Carly: oh shut up. (also this dramatic music.... geeeze)

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nina: where was this show's mind (haha) when they came up with this plot. she's falling in love with Sonny? I don't care if he calls himself Santa Claus you KNOW who he is. He'll eventually remember who he is. like. this is so dumb. And she is all giddy like a school girl over it. She's clearly lost the plot

"There's no future for Mike and me in Port Charles."  Girl, there's no future for you anywhere with him.  This is mind-boggling stupid.  And it's going to be horrendous when it all blows up because then not only will Carly blow a gasket at Nina, but Michael will act like a bitchy bitch to Jax, who will then be forced to apologize to him because OF COURSE everyone always has to apologize to the assorted Corinthii because...reasons.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Which points out how stupid the MOC is. Are the Five Families that stupid to fall for something so obvious? The timing won't make them think, "Hmm, what's up with this sudden marriage?"

It's such a contrived reason to have the MOC. What's gonna happen when Sonny gets back? A three-way MOC? Are Jason and Carly going to propose to Sonny? Or is Sonny going to propose to Jason and Carly?

• LOL 5
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"There's no future for Mike and me in Port Charles."  Girl, there's no future for you anywhere with him.  This is mind-boggling stupid.  And it's going to be horrendous when it all blows up because then not only will Carly blow a gasket at Nina, but Michael will act like a bitchy bitch to Jax, who will then be forced to apologize to him because OF COURSE everyone always has to apologize to the assorted Corinthii because...reasons.

right? Like was her dream like oh we'll stay in Nixon Falls and i'll pray everyday his memory doesn't come back? the girl is on glue. this is so asinine. The only way this works at all is if Sonny gets his memory back and defends Nina (not likely) or realises he has feelings for Nina and wants to continue to explore them (not likely)

and the show made this "months" so like before that first time you could argue that Carly deserved not to know because she was acting like a cow - Nina coulda called Micheal, she could have called Jax, she could have called Dianne... why the hell was she sitting on this and falling in love with this moron. there is no way they can spin this. 

(also. speaking of Carly, watching the metrocourt hostage situation. i miss LW's curly blonde hair vs. this ash? blonde look that like she, MW, CW all have going.....maybe it's a W last name kind of thing)

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Britt: lol that was cute the clean up. "I would think you were joking but you don't do that." looll. And she kicked him out. Good. and Hopefully she realizes a lot faster than Sam when this stupid wedding breaks apart that she will never be first in his life and no matter how good he is in bed it's not worth it. 

She definitely thought he was good in bed. But considering Britt's previously been with the guy who apparently holds the medal for Best in Bed performance according to multiple Port Charles women, she really does need to not pursue this. Even though I love the chem. They'll definitely be back together at some point in the future. Bank on it.

22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Joss' graduation gathering at home just kept me thinking, I wouldn't mind if the entire house blew up right now.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

She definitely thought he was good in bed. But considering Britt's previously been with the guy who apparently holds the medal for Best in Bed performance according to multiple Port Charles women

Who holds that title? My memory is crap.