Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Does Jason still look like he just ate bad sushi?

The ring was a step up from Sam's lug nut replacement ring, but it still has a Home Shopping Network vibe.

• LOL 6
16 hours ago, ciarra said:

What fresh hell was Maxie wearing today?  It looks like someone cut up my granny's scrap quilt and made it into a shirt.

I haven't seen it yet, but I've been noticing for a long time how much the hair/makeup/wardrobe department must hate her.  I know she has had health issues, and that could explain the makeup, but not hair/wardrobe. Good thing I've seen pics of her outside of GH, so I know she really looks better than that,

• Love 2

Today's Episode

Nixon Fails: Oh just .. all of you go away. you weren't missed. I can't even snark on anything here. just. stay away. 

Nina + Lisel: No, Nina. NO NINA. He's not good for you, you know he's not good for you. This entire thing will blow in your face, and who will be team you? While is the show going here, i truly don't get this or this direction at all. Like i said you justified for like the first week because Carly was a Cow to you, but now this is moths and you're in looveeeeeeeeeeee with Mike? ca-mon!

Carly/Jason  + Jax/Britt: lol  Carly is already seething that Brit and Jax are having fun and enjoying each other, and not pining over them. She's so pathetic i love it. And all ready Daddy Novak is like "yah this fake." Carly : "They are sleeping together! YOU REALISE THAT?!" like. why does she feel she needs to have every single man that's ever been in her orbit zoned on her. Why do you care who Jax slept with? (ah. because it hurts Jason. ahuh).  lmao.  Jax slapping some truth on Carly. love it. Just wish he wasn't so tactful about it. 

Jason: my word means something. (Yeah until Carly needs you. you tell him Britt).  

Joss + Cam: please no.  *gag* *gag* okay so this is gonna happen (whatever). but honestly this shouldn't even be a thing for so many levels. Cam - you don't want to be involved with a mob apologist. Just ask your mother. to be dead honest with you, even if we take out the whole Franco/Jason aspect we had for the last few months - Joss has zero problems with the business. She has zero problems with Jason being a murderer. I just... can't  be all yay Cam and Joss, knowing this will hurt Cam in the long run

Sam/Dante + Liz/Finn: LOL Drunk Sam is kinda fun. hahha "melted ice! because it's hot!"  but i really don't want Sam/Dante to be a thing (mostly because she slept with his dad. that's too Bold and the Beautiful for me).  Finn and Liz were having much vibes and I like it.  Yucky Sam/Dante kiss. But I like what Dante said. and that's what most of Jason's women need to know. Jason puts Carly, Sonny and their kids before everyone else, and no mater how Jason can look sad eyes about it, it's always gonna be that way). Finn's confession was so sweet and Liz falling asleep on his shoulder. 

Monica, BLQ + Maxie: Maxie - get a clue, dude. This is going to blow so much in their faces. The whole point (from Maxie's POV) was to keep her safe - this isn't keeping her safe.  (and the thing is if it wasn't BLQ taking Louise - what would have have done if it was a stranger?). This is is really the storyline that's gripping me the most right now. more of this pls. There (should) be a lot of twists and turns, and if they do this right.... it's gonna be goooood.

Valentine + Anna: Anna.. let Valentine kiss you some more. (Swoony) Anna's protesting is very much. just hush up and enjoy the kissing. 

Episode loses 5 points for having Nixon Fails in it (yeah it's worse than having Carly/Jason LOL).  I do think this episode pushed some really good stuff and future conflict especially the BLQ/Maxie vs. Bailey/Louise - and Now Monica is involved - and if Monica tells Valentine - Valentine (even with Peter guilt) will not hesitate to put Maxie "in her place" if he feels she's a threat to "his daughter". 

Finn + Liz - while i've always hated Liz in the past (mostly for the whole Jake/Aiden thing and her actions against lucky etc). i can get behind it. it's sweet and kinda romantic (better than Finn/Anna). I just hate how they are making NIna so freaking deluded about this Smike thing as if we're gonna believe that Mike is NEVER gonna remember being Sonny. (or choose to go back to Carly/Mob life). 

this was a really good Wednesday episode (even with the minus points LOL).

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

I still don't think DZ and KM have much chemistry.  But I guess today was better than their usual.

But again, he was doing all the heavy lifting.  She tossed him in the water than when he offered to take her somewhere, she got all lippy (no pun intended!) and was pissed that he might be arresting her after all.  Then when he said Jason was wrong in not putting her first, she just looked like she was annoyed with it all and didn't look one iota like she cared what Dante was saying to her.  Blech.  

• Love 4

I've been meaning to mention, I saw someone on Twitter note that the show has busted up pretty much of all its couples in this half a year and it's true - Sonny and Carly, Jason and Sam, Liz and Franco, Jax and Nina, Anna and Dr. Michael Easton, Nikolas and Ava.  And while I don't think every new pairing works, I kinda commend them taking these swings and not just resting on the same tired stories with the same tired couples.

• Love 10

Britt hitting Jason with all the truth bombs was amazing.  Same with Jax and Carly.  They were both so right.  Carly is such a pathetic shrew.  

I would rather see Cam with Trina but honestly I just want to see Cam happy for once so if Joss will make him happy, I’m (reluctantly) in.

Nixon Falls whatever I don’t give a shit.  I can’t even watch for snarky purpose, I just truly don’t care.

I’ve never really seen any romantic sparks between Anna and Valentin but surprisingly I loved the kiss.  I love Valentin’s confidence.  He just put his feelings out there and that’s sexy.  “Stop trying to be cute.”  “I don’t have to try.”  Hee!

Then cut to Dante being all smoldering and Sam with her dead eyes.  Ugh.  Dante deserves better.  Sam was a pretty funny drunk though, but she kind of looks and sounds drunk all the time. 

Lastly, Maxie.  Oh, Maxie.  She should just consider herself lucky it was Monica who witnessed her behavior and not Valentin or else she would probably be in a padded cell by now.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Episode loses 5 points for having Nixon Fails in it (yeah it's worse than having Carly/Jason LOL). 

Now that’s saying something!  I totally agree.  Carly/Jason is so very bad but like, they’re lifers on this show and we all know that.  Nixon Falls really does not have to exist.  Just go away.

• Love 2

I think someone like Britt would be good for Jax, at least preJason Britt. She might be a scheming bitch in her own right, but there wasn't any past relationships that would have taken prescient over potential relationship with Jax. 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly : "They are sleeping together! YOU REALISE THAT?!" like. why does she feel she needs to have every single man that's ever been in her orbit zoned on her. Why do you care who Jax slept with? (ah. because it hurts Jason. ahuh). 

Please.  If it was anyone other than one of her "I've got DIBS" men she'd be all "See, Britt isn't good enough for you" to Jason.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Up until now, I always thought Anna's best pairing was with Robert F! Scorpio, but as long as there's a hint that Holly's alive, I've accepted that never will happen. But I've been quite pleased with Anna and Valentin. More of them, please. And more of Jax and Britt showing up all over town and dropping truth bombs on Carly and Jason.

Less of Nixon Falls, please. I'm tired of everyone ignoring Smike's wedding ring, and I'm exceptionally tired of Nina's bizarre interest in him. Even if she's trying to make up for a coma-caused missed youth, with the exception of one well-known presidential intern , even a 20-something would have more sense than to think there could be any kind of HEA. Make it stop, please!

• Love 8

I hope that the scales have finally fallen from Jax's eyes and he sees Carly for who she is. But I'm not holding my breath.

I appreciate that they are making Brook Lynn sympathetic to Maxie and trying to balance her needs with the needs for the deception instead of being mine! mine! mine!

LOL at Obrecht immediately going to "he's a married man" when Nina says the situation with her new man is complicated.

I didn't think they could write something worse than Michael/Willow but Joss/Cameron is promising.

I am buying Finn with Liz far, far more than I bought him with Anna but it feels too fast for Liz to be moving on in the same episode as Jake and Cameron are talking about how the loss of their stepfather affects them.

I also appreciated Finn and Liz having dirt on their pants as if they really have played hard in the softball game.

Speaking of children, where are Danny and Scout since they are obviously not with Monica? IAnd is Jake old enough to be out at night with Aiden, or has big brother Cameron been distracted by Joss' charms?

• Love 2

Finally show has some couples with chemistry that I can actually root for.  I'm really liking Trina with NuSpencer (but I liked her with Cam too, and that went nowhere).  They'd better not have him running after Joss too! 

I've wanted them to go for VAnna ever since Alex pretended to be Anna (~2016?).  I was more of a Duke & Anna fan, but I think that Valentin really works for this version of the character.  I wonder if they'll go full steam ahead with VAnna or is BLQ still in the picture?  I do like her with Chase (please get him out of Milquetoast Millow's orbit).

I'm definitely not a Jason fan, but he and Britt have chemistry.  I like seeing him angst over having to be with Carly (and Carly's displeasure at not having him feel the way that she obvioulsy does).  I'm fine with Jax and Britt having a little fun, but it's hard to take Jax's relationships seriously because it always seems like a big part of him is mainly trying to compete with the former beau.  

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Now that’s saying something!  I totally agree.  Carly/Jason is so very bad but like, they’re lifers on this show and we all know that.  Nixon Falls really does not have to exist.  Just go away.

Yeah i just.. there's nothin charming, or unique about this.  I feel if it were ABS (Anyone But Sonny) and you have this believe that this is gonna end up somewhere, then sure. i can work with it. if it was sort of like Hope/Victor Newman (that one time Victor had Amnesia and fell in love and married Hope on Y&R), that would be kinda cool  with Sonny and Nixon Falls girl. If this was gonna change sonny... but it's not.

• You have Sonny being sonny just with less yelling. Whatever. 
  • You have Phyllis basically all "BE WITH NINA!!" like this is the only she she has to do in life - be Nina's pimp.
  • This bar is the stupidest bar ever
  • Sonny has no desire to figure out his life before he lost his memory but this is going to cause NO conflict between Carly/Jason/Sonny. 
  • There is nothing else compelling about this area. 
  • Nina is never going  to win. like this is gonna blow up, and Sonny wiill be pissed (once he gets his memory). Carly/Micheal/Jax will be pissed (Maybe Jax will forgive her) but ... like... 

this story is going no where. it's not interesting, and it's boring. and it features sonny. so it's like blegghhh

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of children, where are Danny and Scout since they are obviously not with Monica? IAnd is Jake old enough to be out at night with Aiden, or has big brother Cameron been distracted by Joss' charms?

Jake's 14. I was wondering why everyone was yelling that he should know about how Jason makes a living, but it definitely makes sense if he's that old.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Carly/Jason  + Jax/Britt: lol  Carly is already seething that Brit and Jax are having fun and enjoying each other, and not pining over them. She's so pathetic i love it. And all ready Daddy Novak is like "yah this fake." Carly : "They are sleeping together! YOU REALISE THAT?!" like. why does she feel she needs to have every single man that's ever been in her orbit zoned on her. Why do you care who Jax slept with? (ah. because it hurts Jason. ahuh).  lmao.  Jax slapping some truth on Carly. love it. Just wish he wasn't so tactful about it. 

As Carly said when Brenda returned the last time, she somehow owns Jason, Jax and Sonny and she isn't sharing. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I think someone randomly said all the little kids were at a Lila’s Kids party, so presumably all supervised. Jake and Aiden were at the pool. Cam and Joss did make mention about going to pick up their litter of siblings. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:
1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

What fresh hell was Maxie wearing today?  It looks like someone cut up my granny's scrap quilt and made it into a shirt.

Actually it looked like something I saw recently by a Canadian designer , "kimono" tops made from upcycled silk fabric scraps, I kind of liked it. Maxie has definitely worn worse.

I am glad I am not home to see Sam and Dante kiss .. blech but I am sorry I missed Carly having to witness Jax and Britt !!

Edited by Blackie
Trying to type on my phone
51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hope that the scales have finally fallen from Jax's eyes and he sees Carly for who she is. But I'm not holding my breath.

I think Jax (and others) actually do see Carly for who she really is, but for dumb show reasons, they still have to pine for her just a little. It's the flip side of the coin where everyone acknowledges Sonny is a gangster, but he loves his kids so he's a good guy. Uh, no.

• Love 5

About to sit down and watch the episode (very excited to see my Finnabeth scenes), but man, this continued taking over every big moment that KM/ME character scenes shared, I can't even... I just rewatched a good chunk of the Sam/McBain scenes and their first kiss was, you guessed it, sitting on the pier watching July 4th fireworks. And the first time that Sam/Silas (ME's other character that was paired with Sam on GH) made love was on New Year's Eve and that was the first time for Sam and Patrick too.  Geez, GH!

13 minutes ago, driver18 said:

And the first time that Sam/Silas (ME's other character that was paired with Sam on GH) made love was on New Year's Eve

Wow. I cannot even remember that. I didn't even remember that Sam and Silas were a thing.

I was hoping Valentin would come in and see Maxie w/Bailey. I know it's Maxie's baby, but she's being such an idiot. She is looking like a loon, and Valentin won't hesitate to have her locked up in Shadybrook! There will be nothing Brook Lynn can do to stop him. They are going to think Maxie is deluded. She may even start saying Bailey is her baby, and I bet Brook Lynn will keep quiet to "protect" the baby! I can't wait for that mess to play out! 

I am not opposed to Fiz but the Friz and Fanna fan in me still thinks it's too soon for all these touches, lingering looks, and hands to faces. I don't know. It feels rushed. I wanted them to take their time w/Fiz - show them building up the friendship more, then the flirtation, and then falling in love. Plus, I wasn't a Hayden fan, but I wanted to see Liz hesitate b/c of Hayden. Finn already seems head over heels for Liz, and Liz is not too far from being in love w/him. I feel like we skipped a lot of beats in this story, but that's JMO. 

Now, the hypocrite in me is fine w/Vanna! I just see Anna as more able to move on quickly than Finn. She doesn't seem to carry a torch like Finn does, so I'm a bit shocked by him but not so much w/Anna. 

I love Vanna. We need a lot more of them! They are great together! 

I thought the Sante kiss was pretty decent. I'm hoping KeMo starts to laugh and smile a bit more. She always looks so dour. She and Dante might work if she loosens up a bit and allows herself to have fun. 

The less said about Cam/Joss, the better! 

I'm still loving Brax! I loved everything Jax said to Carly. 

I muted Sonny.  I'll be more interested when he gets to PC! 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I muted Sonny.  I'll be more interested when he gets to PC! 

It just dawned on me . . . does Smike have a license? The last time I lost mine, I had to show up in person with two forms of ID.

• Useful 1

New couples day on GH!

I enjoyed most of it. If nothing else, it’s good to see the status quo shaken up and stirred. I didn’t even hate Sam and Dante, although I still think they’re mismatched. Maybe she just needs to stay drunk in order to be tolerable. I also enjoyed the magic PC water that dampened their skin and hair, but left their clothes dry.

I also enjoyed today’s Anna and Valentin scene. I’m still not seeing romantic chemistry, but they do share a good friendship vibe. I just wish it would stay that way, because anything else tends to diminish his better qualities.

Cam and Joss? No to friendship, no to romance. Just make it stop.

Everything Britt was excellent.

3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Lastly, Maxie.  Oh, Maxie.  She should just consider herself lucky it was Monica who witnessed her behavior and not Valentin or else she would probably be in a padded cell by now.

Oh, I definitely think that’s coming. The only question is, will Brook Lynn continue to support Maxie, or play dumb and protect her own interests? This will be fun.

53 minutes ago, rur said:

It just dawned on me . . . does Smike have a license? The last time I lost mine, I had to show up in person with two forms of ID.

Sonny never felt he had to abide by any laws or regulations, and I don’t see Smike acting any differently. License schmicense. Phyllis will push him into the car and start it rolling down the hill if she has to.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm really surprised how much I've fallen for Finn/Liz. I've had a mostly dislike/hate relationship with Liz for a really long time. When she was with Franco, I didn't really care much because I didn't care enough about either character and would rather her being paired with someone I didn't care for, but I actually like Finn and still like them together. I've always liked their scenes together and thought they did have storyline potential if they decided to go there, but I didn't expect to like them this much. I think today I was pushed into full on love them territory.

For all the cracks people like to make about Finn being too dour, I think he has a great sense of humor - a perfectly droll, sarcastic type of humor I love. I think their personalities mesh well together. The look on his face today when she said "look, it's starting" was so perfect. It's obvious he knows how fucked he is because he's already half gone for her, but everything he told Chase yesterday is still true - they're both dealing with their issues from their previous relationships. But you can't help how you feel sometimes.

I also really, really enjoyed the foursome of Dante, Finn, Liz, and Sam today as well. I've always been team Sam in the Liz/Sam wars and wasn't entirely sold on the idea of the two of them being friends, despite KMo and BH having great chemistry, but there's really no reason for them to not be friends now. I think Liz really is over Jason and with Franco gone that removes another source of tension for them. I think Finn and Dante had some nice friendly chemistry and I think their personalities work together, too. And this could be a way to capitalize on the chemistry KMo and ME still have together, without pairing the two of them.

I want to like Sam/Dante more than I do. Lord knows anything is better than being stuck with Jason. This go-round of JaSam was tedious, and that's putting it mildly. I think Sam/Dante do have some chemistry together, and unlike others I don't really care how many relations they share since the two don't share any DNA themselves. I think the writing hasn't found the right way to go with them and a lot of their interactions feel forced, but the kiss today was good.

Britt is another character on her own I don't care for much, but I think she and Jax were incredibly sparkly together, much better than her and Jason. At least with Jax, Britt - as a doctor - doesn't have to coo over literal blood on his hands as she did with Jason. I also like that she isn't intimidated by Carly. I LOL when Carly "asked" Britt to have a moment alone with Jax and Britt turned it around and asked Jax what he wanted. The look on Jax's face was priceless. I thought their respective scenes with Jason and Carly were great. It was awesome having Jax tell Carly off for her hypocrisy and attachment to Jason (and getting to have the last word.) Though I will quibble with him lumping Courtney in there. I believe Courtney was the first pairing of Jason's, Carly actually approved of and those two were nauseating besties for awhile (so much so Carly got to wax poetic about at Courtney's funeral, about genius Courtney staring at snow globes for hours.) I would have enjoyed Britt dressing Jason down if I thought her resolve would last at all. Jason is king on this show and he NEVER loses. I think the only way he doesn't "win" Britt is if the show really does want to go there with Jason/Carly or SBu decides he's bored and doesn't want to put in the effort anymore, even then KT would probably still be stuck with him.

Ugh, I'm definitely not on board for Cameron/Joss, especially with how she's treated him the last few months. Their conversation was mind-numbing. I will give them some points for realizing they should have been mature and talked things out sooner, some of the adults on this show never are mature enough to come to that realization.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Sam/Dante + Liz/Finn: LOL Drunk Sam is kinda fun. hahha "melted ice! because it's hot!"  but i really don't want Sam/Dante to be a thing (mostly because she slept with his dad. that's too Bold and the Beautiful for me).  Finn and Liz were having much vibes and I like it.  Yucky Sam/Dante kiss. But I like what Dante said. and that's what most of Jason's women need to know. Jason puts Carly, Sonny and their kids before everyone else, and no mater how Jason can look sad eyes about it, it's always gonna be that way). Finn's confession was so sweet and Liz falling asleep on his shoulder. 

I'm putting this out there: I was/am a Drew/Sam fan I was, but I don't want Drew recast if he's being played by Cameron Mathison as rumored because more than likely he's going to be thrown under the bus for Jason.

...that being said, is Sam never allowed to mention it or even have the self-reflection that she did have a Jason that chose her, and she threw it away?

• Love 1
Just now, LexieLily said:

I'm putting this out there: I was/am a Drew/Sam fan I was, but I don't want Drew recast if he's being played by Cameron Mathison as rumored because more than likely he's going to be thrown under the bus for Jason.

...that being said, is Sam never allowed to mention it or even have the self-reflection that she did have a Jason that chose her, and she threw it away?

that would be a good story plot. 

I guess the argument would be - he wasn't Jason so it doesn't matter. But that's the point was Sam gave up something good for something she knew was Toxic.  however, i would want it to be flung in Jason's face over, and over and over again. that someone who thought he was you - chose his family, his girlfriend, everything over the mob, Sonny and Jason. His kids meant more than being an enforcer. being with the woman he loved mean more than dealing with Carly's crap etc. From what I gathered from y'all (I missed that and it's hard to see clips from that time)- Drew demanded boundaries and when Sonny/Carly didn't give them, Drew wasn't having any of it. 

if they are recasting Drew (interesting that it's Cameron Mathison - Ryan was kinda... ehhhh for me on AMC, but when he was with Gillian he was really good). they could revisit this maybe but yeah until Sam is like completely over Jason, there'sno real point in rooting for any kind of relationship. Like Sam was upset (like Liz was) but it just felt like she was upset that Jason didn't wake up and choose her, ya know?

• Love 3
On 7/6/2021 at 5:07 PM, statsgirl said:

It says volumes that Carly is proudly parading Jason to her mother, ex-husband and especially to her children while it never occurs to Jason that maybe his children and their mothers should know.

It's kind of amazing how different Jason and Sonny are in their approaches to fatherhood, and yet both still suck - though are still lauded as the bestest dads ever. Sonny is way too possessive over his kids. He won't dare let those pesky wimmens (otherwise known as mom) dare make a decision without him. His kids must know they're his property, er, children and that he loves them.

Jason, on the other hand, is way too detached from his kids. It's somewhat admirable that, unlike Sonny, he gets that his lifestyle isn't safe for his kids and is fine with their mothers taking the lead, but Jason wants it known how much his kids matter to him, and yet they aren't a priority to him at all. Carly's kids are more of a priority than his own. Carly was going on about everyone it was important she tell about the MOC, even her eighteen-year old, but Jason never even thought about telling his much younger children (let alone their mothers) even though they'd probably be more affected than Joss, especially Danny. I don't think it even occurred to Jason because they're not important enough to him.

• Love 9

Carly's big mistake is that she only figuratively castrated Jason and Jax. She would be much happier if she could literally carry their balls in her pocket book. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

This is probably a minority opinion, but I’ve found it interesting to watch Carly and Jason navigate their new arrangement. I’ve also enjoyed watching other characters gossip about it and share their mutual disdain. I’m a long-standing Carly supporter (which I KNOW is a minority opinion), but I’m not blind to her flaws, and I appreciate the show allowing other characters to point them out. 

I used to like Sonny when he was more conflicted and less beloved, but then he became the Wise and Benevolent Mob King whose worst crime was donating too much to the hospital. No one has acknowledged his flaws in a long time (besides us), and it’s not a good thing for the character, or the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm really surprised how much I've fallen for Finn/Liz. [...] I've always liked their scenes together and thought they did have storyline potential if they decided to go there, but I didn't expect to like them this much. I think today I was pushed into full on love them territory.

For all the cracks people like to make about Finn being too dour, I think he has a great sense of humor - a perfectly droll, sarcastic type of humor I love. I think their personalities mesh well together. The look on his face today when she said "look, it's starting" was so perfect. It's obvious he knows how fucked he is because he's already half gone for her, but everything he told Chase yesterday is still true - they're both dealing with their issues from their previous relationships. But you can't help how you feel.

[...]

And this could be a way to capitalize on the chemistry KMo and ME still have together, without pairing the two of them.

[...]

Britt is another character on her own I don't care for much, but I think she and Jax were incredibly sparkly together

[...]

Jason is king on this show and he NEVER loses. 

I have wanted Finn and Elizabeth paired ever since it was announced that Easton was coming back and that they would NOT be pairing his new character with Sam. Like you, I see the chemistry there between KM and ME still and I agree, Sam/Dante and FinnaBeth were fun today. The quad would be a great way to utilize that chemistry as well that KM and ME have. And because ME and RH are showing up so well together, I don't think that it would overshadow the romantic pairings. 

Well, at least not FinnaBeth. Sam and Dante, eh.

I think that ME/RH have great chemistry and that Elizabeth and Finn are being written really well right now, moving along really nicely. I'm just adoring every scene with them.

I also found that I preferred Britt with Jax to Jason, and I had been enjoying the latter. Surprised me.

Finally, the other night I was rewatching the Sam/McBain clips, and actually I think that was the one time where Jason *did* lose and it was hilarious. Sam and Lulu were kidnapped and Dante and McBain were there to rescue them. Dante got Lulu out and to the hospital, Jason was there and rushed to the Haunted Star to save Sam, but bwahahaha, McBain had already saved her and Jason walked in to find her in his arms, tearfully, breathlessly thanking him for saving her life. The look on Jason's face was hysterical.

It made me sad all over again that we lost McBain because he was the HERO and never lost... so how would that work with him being against Jason and Sonny? McBain's popularity (because he was) plus Dante could have maybe helped make the show less mob-apologetic. Who knows? Ah well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Carly/Jason is so very bad but like, they’re lifers on this show and we all know that.

Hopefully, Mr. "Peace is not an option" hit man and the mob moll, are not lifers.  Both of them are easily replaceable, but these characters should not be featured in a soap opera called General HOSPITAL.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They won't throw CamMat under the bus for Burton. Drew and Jason will be besties now.

Exactly. Drew will be thrown under the bus for Jason. One of Drew's best qualities was that he knew exactly what Jason's priorities were and resented him for it. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think the writing hasn't found the right way to go with them

It's very forced, and I don't think KeMo is playing it right.

I can't believe Nina thinks meeting Mike is a good thing for both of them. She used to be sort of smart. Exposure to Sonny kills the brain cells, clearly.

"Have you always been this nosy?" "Ja!" Hee.

The dress Carly is wearing makes her chest look enormous.

The babies playing Bailey always look like they're trying to nurse.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They won't throw CamMat under the bus for Burton. Drew and Jason will be besties now.

It’s going to be funny to watch the turnaround but I agree. No BTS nonsense anymore. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Exactly. Drew will be thrown under the bus for Jason. One of Drew's best qualities was that he knew exactly what Jason's priorities were and resented him for it. 

In that sense yes. But not in the sense that he will be bashed and used as a moron.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's very forced, and I don't think KeMo is playing it right.

I can't believe Nina thinks meeting Mike is a good thing for both of them. She used to be sort of smart. Exposure to Sonny kills the brain cells, clearly.

The dress Carly is wearing makes her chest look enormous.

I have found them to be very forced overall and agree that KM is on another planet most of the time. While I thought the kiss itself was fine today, the build up to the moment during this episode and the weeks prior have been terribly written.  Today felt like she was kissing him because he said some statement about her and she was in her feelings about Jarly.  Guess it doesn't matter, they'll be full steam ahead now.

Edited by Hater
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought I was the only one who thought that!😄😄

When Robin realized that Jason would never see the SheBeast for the obsessive jealous manipulative monster she was, she broke up with him. BUT. That doesn’t mean that Jason never loved her. I call BULLSHIT on Jax lumping Robin with the others. Because it was for Robin he stopped having sex with that harridan. It was for ROBIN, that he left the mob. Even if it was for a short while.

I hate this sudden revisionist bullshit of Jason claiming she’s his bestie, and all that other shit. It’s all plot! reasons, but still infuriating. And I say this as someone who LOATHES Jason now and ever since he let Cujo manipulate him back in the day.  Moron.

But I 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 when she started with the 🐊 tears as Jax laid into her over her obsession over Jason and that the only way she could have him in her life was to get in bed with the mob, and fuck her children’s safety, because JASON!

• Love 4
On 7/6/2021 at 2:42 PM, Asp Burger said:

Seriously. And there's so much of this from female fans of the show, in some other places General Hospital is discussed. Recently I saw this huge throw-down between three women about who's the biggest slut out of Carly, Sam, or Elizabeth. People were naming every sexual partner any of them has had, and then bringing in factors like who's had sex with brothers or cousins or friends, like there was a whole scoring system, no pun intended. No one was naming every sexual partner Sonny had had, and pointing out the creepy age gaps with some of his conquests. I'd be shocked if even the biggest fan of the show could list all of his hook-ups and flings in order without consulting a site, because some of those characters are trivia questions now (Martina? Claire? Amelia?).

It's one reason I like Primetimer (and Previously TV and TWoP before it). Even when I don't agree with something written here, I'm spared anything really gross. Sometimes when I look around, I want to wash my eyes out. ("I wish Liesl would click the pen and force Dante to have sex with her. That would be so hot!") 

None of these characters sleep around.  Britt has been shown to have sex once each with two men in the entire time since her character returned.  Which is unrealistic.  In the real world, hot female doctors need to get laid too.  And few people really call someone who sleeps with someone outside of a relationship a handful of times a year a ‘slut’.  That’s usually reserved for someone who ends up having sex with different guys they’ve just met regularly.  Which in no way is Britt.  Or any character on this show.

The real problem with soap women isn’t that they’re promiscuous at all.  It’s that so many of them make shockingly bad choices in WHO they hook up with.  Which is a product of weak or lazy writing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Carly's big mistake is that she only figuratively castrated Jason and Jax. She would be much happier if she could literally carry their balls in her pocket book. 

And I thought she would prefer to keep them bronzed, in a hope chest on her nightstand.

On 7/6/2021 at 5:54 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I actually donated a kidney to my friend last month. While he was on dialysis, he wasn't drinking, but the surgeon said there's nothing wrong with him drinking in moderation (but no more sushi, poor guy). I have no dietary restrictions.

Makes sense.  He’s the one taking the anti rejection drugs.  And kudos to you for saving someone’s life through such a sacrifice.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Lmao!  That does make more sense but Cameron seems so clueless when it comes to girls I can see his little brother schooling him instead of the other way around. 

He’s a teenage guy.  Most of us were idiots when it came to girls at that age.  It often still feels that way decades later too.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do wish the kids were adamantly against the MOC, Michael and Joss both signing off is so lame. 

And I would like someone to flat-out say to Carly, "Cut the shit, you've always wanted this."

I just feel like they're going to pull punches.

I would love to be a recurring side character on GH.  With no individual storyline.  Just there to look at these people and verbally react like people do in the real world to so,e of the inane antics of all these characters.  Although a network daytime show would not likely approve the catchphrase “are you shitting me?”.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Okay so I despise Joss. And I don’t want a Joss/Cam pairing. But I actually didn’t hate their scenes today. For the first time in forever, they actually TALKED to each other and about their feelings. If I put aside how horrible she’s been to him recently, they acted like a couple of teenagers who are exploring their feelings.

Anna and Valentin was by far the best of the show. I love how playful he’s being with her. 

sam and Dante = 🥱

liz and Finn are cute but I agree with others that it’s too soon for her to move on. I’m not opposed to it but after all her wailing about Franco, it seems disingenuous to move on so quickly. 

it was really nice to hear Jax drop some truth bombs on Carly and for Britt to tell Jason to go to hell. 

For the life of me I don’t get Phyllis. She’s a NURSE. And yet she’s perfectly okay with Smike not even trying to get his memory back, and is pushing him at Nina like they’re high school seniors. And Sonny is still an ass. Why is he so content to live in the present and not try to find the wife that he clearly has, since he wears a wedding band? Or maybe he’s a widow with small children. I would certainly want to know who I was! I might decide I don’t want to go back but I’d certainly want to know who I was.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ciarra said:

Does Jason still look like he just ate bad sushi?

Yes.

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

" Carly : "They are sleeping together! YOU REALISE THAT?!" like. why does she feel she needs to have every single man that's ever been in her orbit zoned on her. 

My reaction to that line was "Uhh, he's brain damaged - not brain dead."

Carly flat out said, when Brenda returned, that she wasn't sharing Jason, Sonny or Jax - Jason is like a father to Michael, and she has kids with Sonny and Jax.

5 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Britt hitting Jason with all the truth bombs was amazing.  Same with Jax and Carly.  They were both so right.  Carly is such a pathetic shrew.  

I just want to see Cam happy for once so if Joss will make him happy, I’m (reluctantly) in.

I love Valentin’s confidence.  He just put his feelings out there and that’s sexy.  “Stop trying to be cute.”  “I don’t have to try.”  Hee!

Then cut to Dante being all smoldering and Sam with her dead eyes.  Ugh.  Dante deserves better.

Totally agree!!

3 hours ago, lala2 said:

I was hoping Valentin would come in and see Maxie w/Bailey. I know it's Maxie's baby, but she's being such an idiot. She is looking like a loon, and Valentin won't hesitate to have her locked up in Shadybrook! There will be nothing Brook Lynn can do to stop him. They are going to think Maxie is deluded. She may even start saying Bailey is her baby, and I bet Brook Lynn will keep quiet to "protect" the baby! I can't wait for that mess to play out! 

I am not opposed to Fiz but the Friz and Fanna fan in me still thinks it's too soon for all these touches, lingering looks, and hands to faces. I don't know. It feels rushed. I wanted them to take their time w/Fiz - show them building up the friendship more, then the flirtation, and then falling in love. Plus, I wasn't a Hayden fan, but I wanted to see Liz hesitate b/c of Hayden. Finn already seems head over heels for Liz, and Liz is not too far from being in love w/him. I feel like we skipped a lot of beats in this story, but that's JMO. 

I am wondering if Maxie's fixation on "Bailey" is setting up KSt's medical leave as Valentin and Monica insist that Maxie needs help and being around Bailey/Louise isn't healthy for her.

I feel like the Finn and Elizabeth scenes are a slow build. Elizabeth is starting to feel something for Finn, but right now she is most comfortable with him as a supporter/friend, I liked how she said in that moment she wasn't miserable, and fell asleep on his shoulder. She wasn't pulling away from a kiss and feeling guilty. She is giving herself permission to live and not mourn Franco every moment. Good for her. As for Hayden, Elizabeth knows that she abandoned Finn right before they got married and then lied/decided not to tell him about Violet for four years out of spite that he moved on with Anna after she dumped him.  If Elizabeth and Hayden had many years of sisterly bonding before that, a hesitation would be understandable. 

Finn' falling faster for Elizabeth seems realistic, because she's been there for him through the Chase poisoning nightmare, and he relied on her somewhat even before that when he was worried about Violet's safety. There is base honesty between them that he never genuinely had with Anna.  The whole reason that he feared for Chase and Violet's lives is because Anna let things with Peter get so out of hand and was bad at telling the entire truth where Finn's concerned. He can't stand being someone she "protected" rather than relied on in a partnershiip, as with Robert or Valentin. 

1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

For all the cracks people like to make about Finn being too dour, I think he has a great sense of humor - a perfectly droll, sarcastic type of humor I love. I think their personalities mesh well together. The look on his face today when she said "look, it's starting" was so perfect. It's obvious he knows how fucked he is because he's already half gone for her, but everything he told Chase yesterday is still true - they're both dealing with their issues from their previous relationships. But you can't help how you feel sometimes.

having Jax tell Carly off for her hypocrisy and attachment to Jason (and getting to have the last word.) 

Totally agree. 

I loved that Jax described it  accurately as a "stranglehold" on Jason, every word he said was true, and that's why Carly got the crocodile tears going.  I loved his last line to her, and that he got to have the last word. When she said to Jason that Jax knows how to "twist the knife" I thought, that's the least of what you deserve.
Jax telling Carly off in this episode is the most I've enjoyed him in some years. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Liesl's need for gossip is always delightful. KG is equally skilled at comedy and drama and I love how she fully commits to every single word she delivers.

45 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

None of these characters sleep around.  Britt has been shown to have sex once each with two men in the entire time since her character returned.  Which is unrealistic.  In the real world, hot female doctors need to get laid too.  And few people really call someone who sleeps with someone outside of a relationship a handful of times a year a ‘slut’.  That’s usually reserved for someone who ends up having sex with different guys they’ve just met regularly.  Which in no way is Britt.  Or any character on this show.

The real problem with soap women isn’t that they’re promiscuous at all.  It’s that so many of them make shockingly bad choices in WHO they hook up with.  Which is a product of weak or lazy writing.

Three. Jason, Jax, and Julian. She must have a thing for the J's. 

I just don't see any chemistry with Finn and Liz. And they're both so saintly good, I keep wondering what possible conflict could they have? Don't mention Hayden, because she isn't going to be there and they aren't going to write it that way. What do you have left? A snoreworthy couple like Sam and Silas. It's a shame too, because I have been enjoying the recent darker side of Liz. But of course he ruins another female character. I enjoy messy, and they aren't messy at all. 

I forgot about KSt having to be out for a while. Wonder when that's going to start. I'm kind of down for Maxie completely losing it.

Someone please tell me that IR is leaving soon. I don't know how much more of him I can take on my screen.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

KSt's medical leave

Was it something they could plan for? It sounded like she had the MRI and the doctor wanted to operate immediately. Not same day, necessarily, but a lot sooner than the time needed to write off Maxie in a somewhat logical manner.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I loved that Jax described it  accurately as a "stranglehold" on Jason, every word he said was true, and that's why Carly got the crocodile tears going.  I loved his last line to her, and that he got to have the last word. When she said to Jason that Jax knows how to "twist the knife" I thought, that's the least of what you deserve.
Jax telling Carly off in this episode is the most I've enjoyed him in some years. 

It was great.  Of course the writing is playing both sides, with Carly acting like she's making the biggest sacrifice of her life "for my family!" and if only these meanies knew it, they'd be in awe of her. 

I've also got a headache from dodging all the anvils falling with the Joss/Cam scenes with the constant cry of "you're my best friend!"  Because if that's supposed to make everyone go "awww, just like Carly and Jason--how cute" it just further illustrates how not-right they are for each other.

• Love 4