Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Finn are cute but I agree with others that it’s too soon for her to move on. I’m not opposed to it but after all her wailing about Franco, it seems disingenuous to move on so quickly. 

Elizabeth is not moving on. She hasn't done/said anything that indicates that she is moving on. Finn touched her face in a charged, vulnerable moment when he thought he was failing his "son" and Elizabeth was there providing support and offering a physical connection. Then be backed off immediately the next time he saw her and, they were back to normal. He gave her a few smitten looks in the last few eps because, yeah, he's a bit smitten because she's been incredibly there for them. He is starting to fall. But as he literally said yesterday, Elizabeth is mourning her husband.

Yes, I'm sure that they are eventually going to pair up, but it's not happening right now. It's being set up.  Elizabeth is comfortable with him. Finn is a good friend, someone she cares about, and sure, there's an underlying attraction, but it's not one that she is even remotely acknowledging right now because she is still mourning Franco.

Which was made clear in her scenes with Carly a few weeks ago. No, we're not seeing her go on and on about it, but we got those scenes describing how she's getting through each day, putting on a brave face. We still see her wedding ring. We heard Finn literally say, "She's still mourning her husband."

I honestly do not get the comments about 'Elizabeth is moving on too fast' when she's not moving on at all yet. And Finn is just barely beginning to make some smitten eyes and acknowledge that she's become important to him because of her support and friendship the last few weeks.

As someone who has wanted this pairing for 5 years now, I wish it was moving at the warp speed ya'll are talking about and that I read about elsewhere. For reals. (No, not really. I'm enjoying this pretty slow burn.)

@Bringonthedrama Also what you wrote while I was typing this.

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I feel like the Finn and Elizabeth scenes are a slow build. Elizabeth is starting to feel something for Finn, but right now she is most comfortable with him as a supporter/friend, I liked how she said in that moment she wasn't miserable, and fell asleep on his shoulder. She wasn't pulling away from a kiss and feeling guilty. She is giving herself permission to live and not mourn Franco every moment. Good for her. As for Hayden, Elizabeth knows that she abandoned Finn right before they got married and then lied/decided not to tell him about Violet for four years out of spite that he moved on with Anna after she dumped him.  If Elizabeth and Hayden had many years of sisterly bonding before that, a hesitation would be understandable. 

Finn' falling faster for Elizabeth seems realistic, because she's been there for him through the Chase poisoning nightmare, and he relied on her somewhat even before that when he was worried about Violet's safety. There is base honesty between them that he never genuinely had with Anna.  The whole reason that he feared for Chase and Violet's lives is because Anna let things with Peter get so out of hand and was bad at telling the entire truth where Finn's concerned. He can't stand being someone she "protected" rather than relied on in a partnership, as with Robert or Valentin. 

Exactly this.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Was it something they could plan for? It sounded like she had the MRI and the doctor wanted to operate immediately. Not same day, necessarily, but a lot sooner than the time needed to write off Maxie in a somewhat logical manner.

Too bad Kristen Storms felt the need to be a bitch towards Jen Lilley on Twitter or she could have stepped in again as Maxie. She has a steady Hallmark movie channel schedule but she'd probably still have been able to step in. I sure as hell wouldn't have come back if I were Jen after the crap KStorms wrote.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Three. Jason, Jax, and Julian. She must have a thing for the J's. 

I just don't see any chemistry with Finn and Liz. And they're both so saintly good, I keep wondering what possible conflict could they have? Don't mention Hayden, because she isn't going to be there and they aren't going to write it that way. What do you have left? A snoreworthy couple like Sam and Silas. It's a shame too, because I have been enjoying the recent darker side of Liz. But of course he ruins another female character. I enjoy messy, and they aren't messy at all. 

I get that you intensely dislike Finn/ME, but other than that, I'm not sure how he's ruining her. Neither one is saintly good. I've disliked Liz a lot over the years and she's done plenty of crappy things. Finn is a good person, but being good is not the same as being a saint. A saint wouldn't have thrown someone down a flight of stairs (no matter how much grief they're in.) Liz's dark side is partially because of her story with Finn. She's the one telling him 'who cares you killed someone.'

I know the writers at GH aren't always great, but any couple can have conflict, if the writers create it. First of all, they already displayed two avenues of story for them with the two of them working together to save Chase. On a show called GH, a doctor and a nurse could have plenty of conflict. They already have conflict and a story right now hiding Peter's body and the fallout when it comes out what Finn did. IMO that's plenty messy. Sorry you don't want to hear it, but Hayden can definitely be a big source of conflict. I'm not sure why you're so certain Hayden will never come back, but it's certainly a possibility, whether it's RB playing her or they recast. In fact, I can't imagine them not mining that conflict, especially once they actually get together, with Violet in the mix. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I get that you intensely dislike Finn/ME, but other than that, I'm not sure how he's ruining her.

He turns interesting female characters into whining, boring saps. And the dark side I was more referring to how Liz is with Sam. It had nothing to do with him. I'm sick of the Chase story, which is made horrible because of Millow and I don't want to hear anything else about Peter. So unless they're going to come up with something super fantastically interesting (which I doubt with these writers), I'll pass. Thanks.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

He turns interesting female characters into whining, boring saps. And the dark side I was more referring to how Liz is with Sam. It had nothing to do with him. I'm sick of the Chase story, which is made horrible because of Millow and I don't want to hear anything else about Peter. So unless they're going to come up with something super fantastically interesting (which I doubt with these writers), I'll pass. Thanks.

I definitely disagree about turning females into whining, boring saps. And it's not like Liz was Miss Excitement before this. I like Liz/Finn, but Liz as a character whines a lot. She doesn't need Finn for that. When Finn realized Liz was the one who suggested the fire with Sam, he didn't have a problem with it, and actually laughed about it, so I don't think he'll have a problem with Liz's "dark" side. It doesn't seem like this is about Finn/Liz not having any possibility for conflict, just not any conflict that is your cup of tea, which is fine. They're probably never going to come up something you would consider fantastically interesting for them because you hate Finn and don't think they have chemistry. It's the same for me with Britt/Jason. I know there's plenty of conflict they could have, I'm just not interested because I hate Jason and hate that pairing. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Frank Valentini pairs Becky Herbst with his OLTL favorites because he knows that when crunch time comes, he can use her audience to leverage keeping Easton and Howarth on the show and tell the network 'look, they have a fanbase.' That is his use for Liz. And frankly, I think a lot of her fans are so scarred by the 2000s and early 2010s and the multiple attempts at firing her that they will settle for her being paired with anyone the brass likes that keep her in story and with airtime. So it is a symbiotic relationship at this point, IMO. That doesn't mean I find it good for Liz to be the security blanket for Easton #4, but however incredibly boring Finn is at this point he's nowhere near as bad as when she was paired with a rapist serial killer, a pairing that only died because someone coming into the executive offices at the network apparently had a look at Franco's Wikipedia page.

Both actors should have been fired long ago, and I say that as someone who watched almost every square second of their years on OLTL (in Michael Easton's case, while often wishing I was dead). But they're never going to be until it's either Frank's job or theirs, or he goes. So whatever. At least she's not with Jason or Franco. I guess.

Edited by jsbt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Too bad Kristen Storms felt the need to be a bitch towards Jen Lilley on Twitter or she could have stepped in again as Maxie. She has a steady Hallmark movie channel schedule but she'd probably still have been able to step in. I sure as hell wouldn't have come back if I were Jen after the crap KStorms wrote.

What happened? Jen Lilley looks like such a perfectly nice person.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

Frank Valentini pairs Becky Herbst with his OLTL favorites because he knows that when crunch time comes, he can use her audience to leverage keeping Easton and Howarth on the show and tell the network 'look, they have a fanbase.' That is his use for Liz. And frankly, I think a lot of her fans are so scarred by the 2000s and early 2010s and the multiple attempts at firing her that they will settle for her being paired with anyone the brass likes that keep her in story and with airtime. So it is a symbiotic relationship at this point, IMO. That doesn't mean I find it good for Liz to be the security blanket for Easton #4, but however incredibly boring Finn is at this point he's nowhere near as bad as when she was paired with a rapist serial killer, a pairing that only died because someone coming into the executive offices at the network apparently had a look at Franco's Wikipedia page.

Both actors should have been fired long ago, and I say that as someone who watched almost every square second of their years on OLTL (in Michael Easton's case, while often wishing I was dead). But they're never going to be until it's either Frank's job or theirs, or he goes. So whatever. At least she's not with Jason or Franco. I guess.

Michael Easton and Roger Howarth have pretty big fanbases of their own. That is why they were the only two actors who were brought over from OLTL.

Personally, I've been wanting to see Becky and ME paired from the moment ME was brought back as Finn. I am beyond thrilled that it's finally happening because they are as wonderful as I always thought they would be based on their interaction in the past. They have chemistry galore, and having another doctor/nurse couple on GH *finally* is wonderful.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

She's the one telling him 'who cares you killed someone.'

To be fair, it's specific to Peter. Elizabeth isn't pro-murder as a rule.

8 hours ago, jsbt said:

a pairing that only died because someone coming into the executive offices at the network apparently had a look at Franco's Wikipedia page.

I think it's more likely the pairing died because Howarth was bored and they wanted to keep the legend happy and on the show. But the end result—no more Franco—is the same, thank goodness.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

So, I wonder when Scarlett Fernandez will be able to return to the set? That was a horrible injury she had.

Because finances, story, and scheduling reasons, I would not be surprised if they bring on another actress to play her role.

And if I were her parents, I wouldn't focus on anything but getting her well.  And, possibly never letting her on a bike again.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Because finances, story, and scheduling reasons, I would not be surprised if they bring on another actress to play her role.

And if I were her parents, I wouldn't focus on anything but getting her well.  And, possibly never letting her on a bike again.

Her instantgram pics show her on her feet, with the smaller casts. If they wanted, they could write in that she fell from her horse to explain her real-life casts.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Absolutely her parents should focus on getting her well. That should be their only concern. It would be a shame to lose her. I think she's one of the most talented of the younger kids and that includes the graduating teens.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nope. Her huge ass grins and smiles, and flashing the ring, the look in her eyes, her FACE, as she's telling her family and kids they're getting married because "they're a team" and that Jason can now fill in the hole since Mooby is dead, reads to me, yes! a good excuse to finally marry Jason for realzies.

I hate and loathe the character, but Laura Wright is not playing her as someone who had to be talked into this marriage as the right thing. The tears, the smile, the glee, the cracks about Robin. This is her dream come true.

I disagree, but I guess it won't really be settled until or unless the writing makes it more explicit. 

• Love 1

I think the show, as always, wants to have it both ways. Long-time viewers know marrying Jason is Carly's dream of dreams, but the story right now is that both parties are only reluctantly going through with it for purely business reasons.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Absolutely her parents should focus on getting her well. That should be their only concern. It would be a shame to lose her. I think she's one of the most talented of the younger kids and that includes the graduating teens.

Oh! They did say Charlotte was horseback riding on the 4th, which is why wasn't at the Q's, so maybe that will be brought in soon.

• Love 4
(edited)

Looks like she's out of her casts and just has braces on her arms  now, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her back and with a reference to a riding accident.  Poor kid--she seems like a trooper, though, and hasn't let it get her down.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

She's pro kidney stealing.

The show is pro kidney stealing as long as it's a Bad Person.

One of the things I dislike about the show is that it feels that it's okay to do bad things to someone who is either a Bad Person (Ryan, Cyrus, any mobster not Sonny) or who is on the other side irrespective of whether its legal or they deserve it (Snyder's distinction of Authoritarianism vs Rule of Law). Even people who we have been told are "good" (e.g. Laura) are justified in breaking the law. I doubt that Spencer will ever be punished for election tampering since it was to make Laura mayor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

doubt that Spencer will ever be punished for election tampering since it was to make Laura mayor.

Does anyone other than Sonny even know what he did?

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, driver18 said:

They have chemistry galore

As with everything else Michael Easton has done since Port Charles ended almost two decades ago during the George W. Bush administration, my mileage may vary.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Todays Show:
everytime i hear this new theme i wonder why they just don't do the classic one when they had the red background :( 

Jordan + Curtis
Curtis, shut up. The woman is telling you basically she has had had drama up to here and you are like how long does it take to sign papers and stick it in an envelope? go kick a rock. Also "Why would you assume we just talk about you?" haa haaa, Curtis. In a way i wish Stella hadn't said anything because again. the dude is just going through a divorce. Let more time than "a few months" before you start seeing someone. and then Jordan dismissed him. Good. I don't like Curtis. (so run Portia, run!)

Trina + Spenser
boring. I thought i would like this, i did like the vibes on his debut but now I am just bored. (and again maybe i'm just old, but the teen verbage bugs me). 

Stella + TJ
Stella i am feeling the Vi vibes from here teehee. but if she is anti mob i like her. but she was so obvious in her machinations, why not just say "I warned Portia to stay away from you." 

Nikolas + Martin

well nothing happened here really so meh
Nava is breaking my heart. but Nik just do what Ava is asking okay?

Molly + the Judge
While it would have been good to have a racial storyline on the show (soaps are great mediums for this, and i do wish they'd do more social stories like they did in the 90s etc) - focusing it on a mobhitman is very stupid. .... well. geeze. Molly just went right to the point there i didn't expect that. I will laugh so hard if they just looked back further and showed she was fair in her rulings and geeze she was just spilling the tea. Molly, clearly you don't know how to be tactful. My my the stupid is strong in this one. And.....

Okay. I admit it. I was played. Well done Show. well done. I honestly didn't see that one coming.

Alexis + Shawn
I kept wondering if Men/Women would be able to be around like that in jail, because mostly my whole jail experiences is OITNB, but i do remember an episode where they had a mixed population... it's just weird. anyhoo. Also apparently if you are in solitary.. you're allowed to leave? Clearly, the show watches much mob shows, not so much prison shows. I feel so bad for Alexis right now. Like she just can not catch a break at all. now she's suffering from panic attacks 

There's a +2 modifier bonus for no Carly, Jason, but - I was still kinda bored for most of the show. But it is Thursday so i can understand it being kinda meh meh. but it was still a decent show. but i want more Maxie/BLQ drama kthnx. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think the show, as always, wants to have it both ways. Long-time viewers know marrying Jason is Carly's dream of dreams, but the story right now is that both parties are only reluctantly going through with it for purely business reasons.

To me, Jason looks like he is reluctantly going through with the wedding while Carly's "reluctance" is an act to save face.  If she got a sniff that Jason was really romantically interested in her, she would lose her mind.

• Love 10

I missed the first 15 or 20 minutes of the show, so I missed the Judge Carson setup. I thought, Typical Molly, going in half-cocked, but once Martin came into the conversation, I knew it had to be some sort of trap and he was in on it, too. I'm sure it will backfire, at least at first, though, and Alexis will be punished again.

How were Alexis and Shawn able to talk? I liked Alexis going after Shawn for telling Molly about the solitary. He's such a dumbass.

I don't blame Curtis for wanting Jordan to sign the divorce papers. Take the five minutes and do it, Jordan. Her pissiness at the end of their convo wasn't necessary.

Stella, butt out of other people's lives. It cracked me up when Curtis realized she was the one who warned off Portia. (But really, who else would it be? No one else is that vested in keeping Curtis and Jordan together.)

Trina and "Vincent," zzzzz. Sorry, but I despise Spencer no matter who plays him. He's an entitled little turd who isn't as superior to everyone as he thinks he is. I'm so glad Trina tossed back some French 101 at him. Spencer isn't all that.

And again, Nik ignores Ava's real fears. It doesn't matter if he doesn't believe them. She does. Also, they can always remarry. It's not as if a divorce would keep them apart forever. I hope Ava finally got through to him, but I'm not optimistic. They'll probably figure out who the shoe belongs to before a final decree is handed down, and Nik will crow he was right all along not to be worried, as hey, it was just his psycho son.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nik will crow he was right all along not to be worried, as hey, it was just his psycho son.

But will he hang "the bastard" upside down by his thumbs or whatever Nik threatened to do last week? 🤣 Methinks Not.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Jordan has terrible taste in men. Shaun appears to be bone stupid as well as a mob flunky and Curtis not only noped out of his marriage to hunt Portia, he's so arrogant to think that Jordan and Portia spend their time together talking about him. Also if think someone earned Portia against you, talk to Portia , not accuse Jordan of hanging on to the marriage .

LOL, Trina's French accent is better than "Vincent's". And Spencer is still a jerk trying to one up Trina on French painters.

Did I miss the part where Judge Carson implicated herself? The worst I heard her say is that some people should get longer sentences  than others is sentencing discretion.

48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How were Alexis and Shawn able to talk? I liked Alexis going after Shawn for telling Molly about the solitary. He's such a dumbass.

Shaun called in a favour so that they could "accidentally" bump into each other. So he could tell her that he told Molly and drive her into an anxiety fit.

I'm hating Alexis stuck in scenes with him. It seems a worse punishment than solitary.

• Love 5

The judge told Martin that she gives to black charities snd once had a black roommate in college, so there’s no way she’s racist. Then she said some defendants’ upbringing and their chances for a future were determining factors. As well as ‘some people only respond to incarceration.’ 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Shaun called in a favour so that they could "accidentally" bump into each other. So he could tell her that he told Molly and drive her into an anxiety fit.

I'm hating Alexis stuck in scenes with him. It seems a worse punishment than solitary.

LOL. Thanks, @statsgirl. For someone supposedly so fucked by the system, Shaun gets an awful lot of favors.

27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Spencer is going by Victor, not Vincent.

Sorry to introduce that mistake for someone I care nothing about.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Jordan has terrible taste in men. Shaun appears to be bone stupid as well as a mob flunky and Curtis not only noped out of his marriage to hunt Portia, he's so arrogant to think that Jordan and Portia spend their time together talking about him. Also if think someone earned Portia against you, talk to Portia , not accuse Jordan of hanging on to the marriage .

LOL, Trina's French accent is better than "Vincent's". And Spencer is still a jerk trying to one up Trina on French painters.

Did I miss the part where Judge Carson implicated herself? The worst I heard her say is that some people should get longer sentences  than others is sentencing discretion.

another anxiety fit. like he legit just calmed her down from a panic attack and then was like "Oh by the way i might have completely ended your daughter's career and put her in danger. don't worry tho."

• LOL 4

It’s Shawn!!!!!!

Ahem.

Only on this FAKAKTA show is the “exercise yard” another room with no windows, instead of, you know, an actual yard OUTSIDE. I had to fast forward all of Alexis’ scenes because they just Grated and annoyed me.

Spencer is still a creepy 💩.

Good God. The way Jordan listed the reasons why she still hadn’t signed the divorce papers was annoying. So basically, doing her job was the reason she hadn’t found time to sign, seal and deliver!🙄🙄🙄

• Love 2

Enough with Alexis’ osteoporosis! Maybe if she’d just gone back to the doctor and gotten some meds like Actonel, she’d be okay now. And even without drugs, what’s bothering her is probably arthritis that’s bothering her. Osteoporosis doesn’t ‘act up’ and cause pain at least not in my experience. But if her wrist hurts, let her go to the damn infirmary and get some motrin.

I admit I didn’t see that set up coming with Molly and the judge. But I really wanted he to be wrong and have it blow up in her face  just because it’s really all about Shawn and how ‘unjust’ his sentence was.

I love Curtis, but damn, accusing Jordan of warning Portia to stay away from him takes balls. I was so glad when she told him she and Portia do not sit around talking about him all the time!

no Smike, no Jarly, no Millow. All pluses in my book!

• Love 6

I love General Hospital. That is all. Other than Trina and Ava none of my faves were in this ep, but I still thought it was great. Ava and Portia are quickly becoming one of my favorite friendships. Trina and "Victor" were great. He sees she likes art, so he starts wooing her with art. Molly, TJ, Martin, and Jordan in on it together to bring down Judge Carson. Awesome.

Again, I love my soap.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It’s Shawn!!!!!!

I always thought it was Sean! LOL! 

I've seen it spelled all three ways by viewers - Sean, Shaun, and Shawn! Haha! 

• LOL 2

Previews...somehow, Carly is even more obnoxious than ever in her snippet.  I'm also positive she's sending Jason off to to break the (heartbreaking) news to Monica, because super tough Carly is actually a weenie.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I always thought it was Sean! LOL! 

I've seen it spelled all three ways by viewers - Sean, Shaun, and Shawn! Haha! 

Well, it’s spelled all those ways. But while the actor’s name is spelled as Sean, per IMDb, the character’s name is Shawn, as well as my closed captioning.

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...somehow, Carly is even more obnoxious than ever in her snippet.  I'm also positive she's sending Jason off to to break the (heartbreaking) news to Monica, because super tough Carly is actually a weenie.

She’s such a ravening harridan of a cujoistic SHEBEAST.

Now I hope when Mooby returns, he’ll see Nina and lay one on her (as gross as that is) and that Cujo is there when he does. Just to see her fucking head 🤯 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, it’s spelled all those ways. But while the actor’s name is spelled as Sean, per IMDb, the character’s name is Shawn, as well as my closed captioning.

I must have seen his real name and just assumed that was the way his character's name was spelled too!!! LOL!

I must admit I have always found it funny how viewers all spell "Shawn" a different way. Hahahaha!  

• LOL 1
Just now, lala2 said:

I must have seen his real name and just assumed that was the way his character's name was spelled too!!! LOL!

I must admit I have always found it funny how viewers all spell "Shawn" a different way. Hahahaha!  

I think it’s an American vs. Irish (they spell it as Shawn) vs English/Canadian (Shaun).🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
On 7/7/2021 at 3:16 PM, tvgoddess said:

Eh, I didn't hate the Sam/Dante kiss. Sue me. I'm kind of surprised that Sam is the one that says she can't do this. Dante sure got over Lulu in a hurry. But that pairing was sinfully boring so I'm all for him having something shake up his world. Sam wouldn't have been my first choice, but I get it. 

Cam/Joss was just so painfully bad. I tuned out while they were on but it seemed like they were on a lot. I might have to start FF them. Awful, awful pairing.

I loathe Jax, but I'm all for him twisting the knife into Carly. I hope it hurts. 

Britt's "go to hell" to Jason was a thing of beauty. I'm glad she isn't going to settle. But I still say this is not nearly the end of them. And I love that.

God, Valentin is yummy when he talks that way to Anna. They are definitely the most adult of any of these pairings and the best acted so I really enjoy watching them.

Liz is me when Finn is talking about anything. Right to sleep.

Maxie looks insane. I realize new mothers are dealing with hormones and post-partum, but she's going to end up in Shadybrook at this rate.

I'd give today a very low B- / very high C+.

I liked Sam and Dante yesterday.  They are writing Sam so badly, and that's on the writers.  Making her a crazy shrew always yelling at Dante.  We have Carly for that writers!   But they were great Wednesday.  I thought the kiss was good.  

I actually like most of what they're doing right now.  I haven't enjoyed GH this much in a long time.   Still needs less Carly and less Sonny/Mike.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I admit I didn’t see that set up coming with Molly and the judge. But I really wanted he to be wrong and have it blow up in her face  just because it’s really all about Shawn and how ‘unjust’ his sentence was.

Me too. I wanted a complete 180 on that, just because i thought Molly (even setting up Carson) was way over the line but i didn't see the set up ether. 

• Love 2
On 7/7/2021 at 8:05 PM, driver18 said:

I have wanted Finn and Elizabeth paired ever since it was announced that Easton was coming back and that they would NOT be pairing his new character with Sam. Like you, I see the chemistry there between KM and ME still and I agree, Sam/Dante and FinnaBeth were fun today. The quad would be a great way to utilize that chemistry as well that KM and ME have. And because ME and RH are showing up so well together, I don't think that it would overshadow the romantic pairings. 

Well, at least not FinnaBeth. Sam and Dante, eh.

I think that ME/RH have great chemistry and that Elizabeth and Finn are being written really well right now, moving along really nicely. I'm just adoring every scene with them.

I also found that I preferred Britt with Jax to Jason, and I had been enjoying the latter. Surprised me.

Finally, the other night I was rewatching the Sam/McBain clips, and actually I think that was the one time where Jason *did* lose and it was hilarious. Sam and Lulu were kidnapped and Dante and McBain were there to rescue them. Dante got Lulu out and to the hospital, Jason was there and rushed to the Haunted Star to save Sam, but bwahahaha, McBain had already saved her and Jason walked in to find her in his arms, tearfully, breathlessly thanking him for saving her life. The look on Jason's face was hysterical.

It made me sad all over again that we lost McBain because he was the HERO and never lost... so how would that work with him being against Jason and Sonny? McBain's popularity (because he was) plus Dante could have maybe helped make the show less mob-apologetic. Who knows? Ah well.

I loved McBam and I also liked Todd with Carly.  I stopped watching for a year when that whole prospect place thing went down.  I still think McBain was his best character, but I do like Fin.   And I think he and Liz have it.   I'm glad they killed Franco off.  This is a much better pairing for Liz.  I'm someone who likes both Sam and Liz.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Me too. I wanted a complete 180 on that, just because i thought Molly (even setting up Carson) was way over the line but i didn't see the set up ether. 

I wonder if all of them “getting” Carson, abs thereby setting that dumbass Mob lackey Shawn and Alexis free, will also reinstate Alexis’s law license? Because when she was arguing with herself in solitary, she kept calling herself an advocate. Which she isn’t any longer. That is, she can’t practice law legally right now.

I haven't had a chance to watch today's (new Leverage has dropped,  so priorities...) episode yet but I truly dread the Shawn stuff anymore. He's no innocent. 

The last 2 days were weird, with all the holiday scenes late but it was still good soap. Yay for Britt and BLQ 1. (btw, do I want to know why she isn't an Ashton anymore?) 

Just now, tessaray said:

I haven't had a chance to watch today's (new Leverage has dropped,  so priorities...) episode yet but I truly dread the Shawn stuff anymore. He's no innocent. 

The last 2 days were weird, with all the holiday scenes late but it was still good soap. Yay for Britt and BLQ 1. (btw, do I want to know why she isn't an Ashton anymore?) 

Shawn really SUCKS.

I think Brook Lynn mentioned how she changed it to Quartermaine when Amanda Setton first showed up.

The episodes are still a day behind due to the preemption from two weeks ago. So technically today’s episode should be yesterday’s episode. Don’t know how they’ll catch up since there was no repeat on Monday.

I hate that they’ve now moved the Nurses Ball to Fall.🤬😡🤬

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I liked Alexis going after Shawn for telling Molly about the solitary. He's such a dumbass.

He's just such an uninteresting character to me, so if this exposing of the judge gets him out and he's back in PC full-time?  Meh.  He'll just go back to being Sonny/Jason's muscle.  I have zero interest in that.

Spencer may have aged up into a nicer looking kid, but he's still insufferable--right down to using Victor as his fake name.  I guess Stavros and Stefan would be too obvious, so Uncle Victor got the honor.  Also, just remembered that Trina's aunt dated Spencer's dad, so yeah.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wonder if all of them “getting” Carson, abs thereby setting that dumbass Mob lackey Shawn and Alexis free, will also reinstate Alexis’s law license? Because when she was arguing with herself in solitary, she kept calling herself an advocate. Which she isn’t any longer. That is, she can’t practice law legally right now.

Why did she lose her law license? 

i mean i suppose you can still advocate for people w/o a law license, but honestly, Alexis needs to be a lawyer gain yesterday. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

He's just such an uninteresting character to me, so if this exposing of the judge gets him out and he's back in PC full-time?  Meh.  He'll just go back to being Sonny/Jason's muscle.  I have zero interest in that.

Spencer may have aged up into a nicer looking kid, but he's still insufferable--right down to using Victor as his fake name.  I guess Stavros and Stefan would be too obvious, so Uncle Victor got the honor.  Also, just remembered that Trina's aunt dated Spencer's dad, so yeah.

If they wanted to be really soapy about it, there could be a twist where it isn’t actually Spencer at all, but a previously unknown Victor Cassadine Jr..  Maybe he’s a lookalike cousin or some weird crap.

Kind of lame, but better than Shebeast and Jaysus tying the.knot.

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i mean i suppose you can still advocate for people w/o a law license, but honestly, Alexis needs to be a lawyer gain yesterday. 

Gloria Allred does that all the time.  While almost never acting in her capacity as an attorney.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

For lying about not having a personal relationship with Neil during his whatever hearing before the psychiatrist board in her testimony.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I think Ned changed his name from Ashton to Quartermaine after his father Larry tried to poison Tracy and scam some money from Ned. I think.

So Brook probably changed hers as well. Also BLQ sounds better than BLA and it ties into the family's company ELQ.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3