Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, TVbitch said:

It almost seems like they are gonna start to portray Carly like the villain that she actually is. I mean that shit with Brit was pure OTT nastiness, and I think even Carly fans would have to agree. It would be awesome if Carly went even darker and crossed a line that fucked up her BFF status with Jason.   

I doubt it. What she said to Britt was almost as nasty as when she said to Robin she could never have been enough for Jason due to sex/not being able to give him a child because of her HIV+ status. Yet in the end, Robin said to Carly's face that she's "good for Jason." Since that fight with Robin, she has paid Ned's daughter/Dante's childhood friend to seduce Dante away from her cousin Lulu because she wanted revenge on Lulu for "disloyalty" (everyone got over that), told Sam that she - Sam- couldn't understand her fear (when little Joss was briefly missing/Jason wound up injured) because she's not a mother when she was well aware that Sam's baby had been stillborn (they later became all "ILY/we're friends"), cheated on Jax with her ex-husband and then slept with Jax a few hours later but then had the cojones to try to  shrug off his anger when that nastiness came out with "we were devastated about Michael" (Jax: "I respect the hell out of Carly" before he and Nina became a couple) ... I could go on.  Unfortunately, the Show just seems to see her as a liar and schemer. 

Carly once told the Qs Jason she feared Jason because he was violent and might take/kidnap baby Michael. After that and everything he said to Robin and put her through and he didn't feel like she had crossed a line that he couldn't get past, it is IMO highly unlikely at this point.

7 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I thought the same thing, but then I remembered the scene where Nina called Carly to let her know Sonny was alive, and Carly really laid into Nina to the point that Nina decided not to tell her, and it reminded me that Carly will continue to be unnecessarily cruel to people and come out the innocent victim in the end. 

Only Carly and Sonny see themselves as victims in situations where something happens to them or someone close to them.  I remember Patrick broke up the Robin-Carly fight where Carly snarled about Robin's HIV + status and not being able to give Jason a kid. Carly (after Robin left) called Robin a "bitch" and Patrick said "I think it takes one to know one."  This was before Patrick and Robin were a couple in love.

7 hours ago, Katy M said:

I don't care whose plan it was.  she willingly went along.  And stealing a kidney is not "mischievous."  I have less problem with the Peter thing because he was already dead and, while she may not have witnessed this to know for sure, Finn did not kill him on purpose.

I wasn't talking about the kidney. On July 4th, Elizabeth brought Sam out to the large trash can on the docks, showed the bottle of vodka and her lighter, and encouraged Sam to vent as well as burn her Jason memories. It reminded me a little of of when she was a teenager, to mess with her sister Sarah and Nikolas (infatuated teenagers), she planted a pack of condoms. That is what I mean by "mischievous." 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

And don’t even get me started on poor quivering Alexis, losing her mind after a few hours alone. Give her a lollipop, she’ll be fine.

She quivers over everything, including sex.  All I feel for her is second hand embarrassment.

• Love 7

The prison story is such a fail, even worse than Nixon Falls and it's made even worse because they could have done something really good with it, that woke story that they're so desperate for. Nik buying the prison and putting in programs to help rehabilitate the prisoners would have been awesome, but that was completely dropped without even looking at it.

Effects from solitary confinement would have been a good story too because not only is it a cruel punishment, it makes prisoners worse. Under UN guidelines, 15 or more days in solitary is considered torture. Alexis was in for 2 and already hallucinating. (As someone with claustrophobia, I understand completely. In 2019 Canada changed from segregation to at least 4 hours out, 2 with meaningful human interaction.)

TJ and Molly: "I hate that Shawn is in jail for a crime he didn't commit even though he pleaded guilty".  What do you two idiots think that pleading guilty means?

Now that Shawn is out of jail, is he going to be the new Max? Or will he be yet another Black man that they don't know what to do with, joining Curtis and Felix?

Monica's eyeroll about Jason's marriage to Carly is hilarious. She knows that he's an idiot about Carly.

First talking to Yuri, then to Martin, Valentin is mooning over Anna like a 12 year old girl. It's not a good look on him.

Why isn't Maxie telling Anna the truth about Louise/Bailey? Anna is twisty enough to help them. Is it because she'd tell Valentine?

We keep hearing about all the damage that Cyrus caused but other than demoting Epiphany and Liz, we never see any of it. It's all Tell.

I hate that Britt was practically apologizing to Carly about Jason. She needs to avoid Carly always.

17 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So now, Carly has been whining about the bridge being Jason and Robin's place. She's essentially bitching about Jax and Britt having sex. And now she is claiming that she and Jason are more than friends. So I've been wondering if this heifer is expecting that she and Jason will hit the sheets at some point.

Absolutely. If she weren't she wouldn't be staking her claim with Britt so hard. This is no business arrangement for her.

Stay tuned for Carly trying to seduce Jason and then drugging him if it doesn't work.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

TJ and Molly: "I hate that Shawn is in jail for a crime he didn't commit even though he pleaded guilty".  What do you two idiots think that pleading guilty means?

The judge should've yelled "Bygones!" and sentenced him to probation, obviously. 

And now Shawn is going all Harrison Ford and going to look for who really shot Hayden.  Spare me from dredging up a story from five years ago (or whenever that was--probably longer).

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hate that Britt was practically apologizing to Carly about Jason. She needs to avoid Carly always.

I didn't see it as her apologizing to Carly at all. I saw it as Britt laying out the situation and telling Carly that she doesn't want anything to do with Jason anymore, at all. But that wasn't good enough for Carly and she had to twist the knife by completely making up shit about her and Jason. I agree that she needs to avoid Carly, although she does live in her hotel. (I really hate that there are so few home sets on this show.) Aside from her family members, the rest of the town should avoid her like the plague.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And again, it's super insulting and misogynistic (so, TFGH) that marriage is what's going to bring Carly to heel. GROSS.

isn't this to "protect" Carly (because they want to either kill Carly, or send her far far away). I don't see how this is going to make Carly to "heel".

They think Carly is going to challenge Jason for the top job, so that's why she's under threat of being killed or sent away. The marriage is supposed to send the signal that Jason is definitively in charge (as if husbands and wives can't be rivals! ) and Carly is under his protection. 

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

I didn't see it as her apologizing to Carly at all. I saw it as Britt laying out the situation and telling Carly that she doesn't want anything to do with Jason anymore, at all. But that wasn't good enough for Carly and she had to twist the knife by completely making up shit about her and Jason. I agree that she needs to avoid Carly, although she does live in her hotel. (I really hate that there are so few home sets on this show.) Aside from her family members, the rest of the town should avoid her like the plague.

About this hotel situation, how rich are these people who live in a swanky supposedly five star hotel? I get that the show is lazy, but honestly, why is Britt spending her money at the place a woman who enjoys kicking her while she's down owns.

I hope the writers say that she moved and that she's living in some apartment. We don't even have to see the set. And if she wants to bone Jax, then she can go to Jax's place.

• Love 4
On 7/9/2021 at 4:07 PM, Hater said:

You don't like the new pairings?  

LOL! Why, whatever gave you that idea? 😂

I actually like Valentin and Anna as well as Brooklyn and Valentin, Liz and Finn are growing on me, Britt has become everything to me this time around, but my Carly hate has overtaken anything goodish in this show.

Her bullshit delusional words to Britt were the last straw for me, the only thing I could think of that would redeem this show a teeny bit would be if Jason pulled out a gun during the vows, said "I don't" right before he put a bullet through Carly's head.

I swear I'm really not a violent person, but, TFGH.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This isn't a MOC for Carly. This is as real as it gets. I think today's scenes showed that she has expectations. 

Just for that, I hope that Britt does turn up pregnant because watching Carly's head explode will be worth it. She can't even win this one either. Whichever man turns out to be the father, she will hate it and cry and complain about it.

A miserable Carly is the best Carly. A better Carly would be a dead Carly, but since that's not happening then miserable it is.

After the marriage, she may try to seduce him.  Long, long ago, there was a scene where Carly tried seducing Jason and he refused, saying that they fought when they had sex, and them fighting was bad for Michael!  (Michael was a baby then).  

• Love 4
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

After the marriage, she may try to seduce him.  Long, long ago, there was a scene where Carly tried seducing Jason and he refused, saying that they fought when they had sex, and them fighting was bad for Michael!  (Michael was a baby then).  

Yep. And what made it sweet Schadenfreude for me was that later, Jason and Robin made up and started a sexual relationship.

Yeah, yeah, SheBeast was at whatever facility for shooting Tony (Sarah Brown’s maternity leave), but I FUCKING loved it, that she couldn’t get Jason to have sex with her again.

It’s only been since Burton’s return that they turned this toxic and codependent relationship as some longstanding wunnnerful friendship. When that ravenous beast accused him of being abusive for reasons, and he’s never ever said he loved her-it was always her saying it, expecting him to say it back with interest. His expressions and body language only ever showed him as putting up with her.

That said, yeah, for some godforsaken reason, she always comes first along with Mooby. It’s so GROSS.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

LOL! Why, whatever gave you that idea? 😂

I actually like Valentin and Anna as well as Brooklyn and Valentin, Liz and Finn are growing on me, Britt has become everything to me this time around, but my Carly hate has overtaken anything goodish in this show.

Her bullshit delusional words to Britt were the last straw for me, the only thing I could think of that would redeem this show a teeny bit would be if Jason pulled out a gun during the vows, said "I don't" right before he put a bullet through Carly's head.

I swear I'm really not a violent person, but, TFGH.

I'm going to fantasize about this tonight before I go to sleep.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I didn't see it as her apologizing to Carly at all. I saw it as Britt laying out the situation and telling Carly that she doesn't want anything to do with Jason anymore, at all.

With another person, that would have been a sensible tack to take. But Carly is such a nasty bitch that it came off as Britt, who owes Carly nothing, trying to placate her.

It's too bad that Jason has become such a doormat for Carly. Enough with this "there  is no other choice" nonsense.  Carly could easily move out of town with Donna for a couple of years especially now that Joss is moving into residence while Jason consolidates power but she's too bone selfish to do it.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I wasn't talking about the kidney. On July 4th, Elizabeth brought Sam out to the large trash can on the docks, showed the bottle of vodka and her lighter, and encouraged Sam to vent as well as burn her Jason memories. It reminded me a little of of when she was a teenager, to mess with her sister Sarah and Nikolas (infatuated teenagers), she planted a pack of condoms. That is what I mean by "mischievous." 

Oh Gosh, I loved teenage Liz when she first came to town.  Her plans to mess with Sarah/make Lucky fall for her never made any sense but she was adorable.

That recitation of all of Carly’s horrific past actions is…well horrific, but I think I hate Jason more than her. No amount of chemistry with Britt could make me root for him with anyone I actually like. 

I’m fully on board the Liz/Finn train. I detested Franco though so I don’t feel the need for her to grieve even a second longer. 

I really like Cam, and the actress who plays Joss is actually pretty decent but there is zero chemistry there. I would much rather he be in a slightly creepy triangle with his quasi-cousin Spencer and Trina. 

• Love 2
(edited)

This is what I think of when I see Valentin with Anna. lol 💓

Sign of the times though - I don't think Pepe  and his efforts would fly today. 

But man, I love JPS. 🔥💘 

He and Pepe both speak French!

loved when he called Anna "darling" when she was leaving, all flustered. 

f6681f07-1895-44f7-b473-016dfcfad8a5-medium16x9_PepeLePewdrawing.jpg

Edited by seasons
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I hope Dr. O decides to make ruining Carly's life her new project.  Scotty would surely be more than happy to help! 

Please make this happen writers, much will be forgiven if you could deliver on this most wonderful idea.

Also, for future reference writers, all you have to do is read this board for plot points, the commenters here are way better writers than all TFGH writers put together, just give us good writing and we won't even care if you keep your paychecks. Possibly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 7/10/2021 at 6:57 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

That said, yeah, for some godforsaken reason, she always comes first along with Mooby. It’s so GROSS.

I might have said that the she-beast is first just as an appendage of Mooby being first, but then it might have been that Jaysus got himself involved with Carly on his own - goes back to when I first watched the show and so long ago now, so it's gotten unclear.  He did work for Mooby, but the plot with trying to keep Michael from AJ seemed to be underway before Mooby got involved.  

I just remember being so bored by the scenes of Mooby with the she-beast on the island where they first got together and got married and then planned for Mooby to play Michael's father rather than Jaysus. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

might have said that the she-beast is first just as an appendage of Mooby being first, but then it might have been that Jaysus got himself involved with Carly on his own - goes back to when I first watched the show and so long ago now, so it's gotten unclear.  He did work for Mooby, but the plot with trying to keep Michael from AJ seemed to be underway before Mooby got involved.  

Jason was friends with Carly way before she got together with Sonny. They originally got together because they had angry sex and Sonny impregnated her with his supersperm. She was married to AJ at the time and he basically said she had to leave him and marry him instead.  Since she didn't like either of them, I don't think she cared either way.  IIRC, they started getting close when Carly miscarried that baby.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Jason was friends with Carly way before she got together with Sonny. They originally got together because they had angry sex and Sonny impregnated her with his supersperm. She was married to AJ at the time and he basically said she had to leave him and marry him instead.  Since she didn't like either of them, I don't think she cared either way.  IIRC, they started getting close when Carly miscarried that baby.

Carly came to town during that time after Sonny left Brenda at the altar and went to live on the island. She met Jason and became fuck buddies with him when she then got involved with Tony. After Bobbie found Tony with Carly (thanks to Stefan), Tony and Carly were officially together. After a fight with Tony, Carly went looking for Jason and found AJ.

Thus Michael came into being and Carly started lying to hide what she did. Eventually after breaking up with Tony and trying to get AJ off her case (laundrycart and fake sonogram), she asked Jason to say he was the father of her unborn baby. 

Jason named Michael after Sonny and had Mike and Emily as his godparents.

Sonny met Michael and Carly before Michael turned one. Sonny and Carly hated each other at first sight. Probably because they both wanted to be first in Jason's life.

Hate sex happened after Carly saw Liz and Jason dancing together, and Sonny lying about them being a couple.

After the miscarriage, they started to get close and would eventually have the first of their many weddings to each other.

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/10/2021 at 4:09 PM, Kim0820 said:

Michael is still a baby.

No question, Carly will find a way to have sex with Jason. And age be damned, there will probably be a pregnancy. See also: "Mike" and Nina.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Carly came to town during that time after Sonny left Brenda at the altar and went to live on the island. She met Jason and became fuck buddies with him when she then got involved with Tony.

Good summary, @Nilyank. But I would like to clarify: "She met Jason . . . and then intentionally involved herself with Tony."

• Love 1
On 7/10/2021 at 9:34 PM, racked said:

I really like Cam, and the actress who plays Joss is actually pretty decent but there is zero chemistry there. I would much rather he be in a slightly creepy triangle with his quasi-cousin Spencer and Trina. 

Quasi-cousin?  Cam's bio parents are Zander Smith and Elizabeth Webbber.  Spencer's bio parents are Nicholas Cassadine and Courtney Matthews.  No blood relation.

46 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Quasi-cousin?  Cam's bio parents are Zander Smith and Elizabeth Webbber.  Spencer's bio parents are Nicholas Cassadine and Courtney Matthews.  No blood relation.

Hence the quasi. There was a time when Lucky acted as Cam's father.  Is step-cousins better?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Katy M said:
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Hence the quasi. There was a time when Lucky acted as Cam's father.  Is step-cousins better?

Yeah, I would say there's a dotted line relationship between the two, family-wise.  

(edited)

Why is Sam permanently stuck in "bitch" mode? Why? She's so unpleasant, rude, and nasty all the time. It's exhausting and boring at this point. Her attitude w/ppl is beyond annoying. I was hoping when she declared her "independence," she might lighten up a bit and not be so nasty all the time but I guess not! She was unnecessarily short and bitchy w/Austin. I can't stand that about Sam. She was the same w/Brad, Julian, Brando, Dante, and now Austin. It's not cute. 

I agree w/everything Brook Lynn said to Maxie today.  First, Maxie is the only person that will get them caught before they want to tell everyone. I know she misses her baby, but she needs to calm down.  Didn't she give away her first baby to Lante? I can't remember if she hung around Lulu all the time, asking to see Georgie then but if she didn't, then why can't she hang back now? Second like Brook Lynn said, she claims to want to protect the baby from Peter but is acting in a way to expose the baby if Peter is observing. Why can't Maxie just relax and see her baby when she sees her? This was Maxie's plan. BLQ gave her an out, and she didn't take it so I'm going to need her to stop acting so strange and start acting like a mother whose newborn is missing!! She should be inconsolable, not going to the Q mansion every day trying to see "someone else's" baby!!!

I'm still quite intrigued by Austin. I want to learn more about him and hope we get more soon. I loved how he handled Sam's unnecessary bitchiness! 

Loved Jax's line to Jason about Jax not being the one to hurt Britt. 

I was never on the JaBritt train, so it sucks seeing her so mopey about Jason. Jason is not a prize. 

I may be in the minority on this, but I have hated how Curtis has treated Jordan. In my opinion, he's been awful and heartless w/her so I was happy to see him apologize today. He's so thirsty for Portia . . . it's not cute. You'll be divorced soon enough, Curtis! And I'm not even a Jordan fan, y'all! 

ETA: So, I'm watching and commenting. Glad Maxie is leaving town. That makes sense. I hope she tells ppl she's looking for her baby. She still doesn't seem worried enough about her missing newborn if you ask me!

Oh . . . Jason's sad! Poor baby . . . 🙄

Edited by lala2
  • Love 10

Today's Show

Portia + Curtis
I like the outdoor set of the hospital. It's very nice. And  ha. Suck it Curtis, she agreed with Stella.  Yes Curtis, she did - Stella told you. Portia saying everything i was saying before so yay. 

Hospital Crew
Not sure if i like Austin's hair cut. ... What happened to Lucas? (also hahaha "is everyone in this town related?"  and now i am just bored etc. with all this "let's be mystery.." with Austin. whatever.  Like. could you be anymore suspicious? 

Maxie + BLQ
Okay maxie you're screaming the entire plan at the top of your lungs where anyone can hear you is not smart. BLQ is speaking a lot of truth but she's doing it from a place of love. I am loving though that while it's clear that BLQ is falling in love with Bailey - she is going to do the right thing. i like that, and has no problems ending it.. I'm starting to really like BLQ. 

Cop Shop
Oh shut up. Shawn is guilty. like i can't get into this story because the dude is a killer. Okay thank you for admitting that, Shawn. (but no Jordan he's not a good man, if he willingly killed people for Sonny). 

Alexis + Dante + Sam
Okay, that was kinda funny. 
Oh Shut up, Sam. Shut up.
and now they have to talk about their kiss.. if we have to. 

Britt + Jax
sweetie, stop mooning over Jason. He's just not worth it. Be friends with benefits y'all. Aww Liesl.. good mutter you.  It really looks like Jax + Britt will be friends which is nice.  Go away with Jason sad-face. I'm not buying it.

Carly + Jason
oh shut up you stupid cow. Britt didn't need to hear it. She knew it. it's obvious. you wanted to twist in the knife and do a touchdown dance that you "won". I hope the 5 Families cap your butt after Jason tells you he's not going anywhere near your cootchie. Carly making it all be "it's just about killing her hope." i don't even buy this. (and then her heartbroken face when she's like wait... are you hoping?). Jason.. you suck. 

It was kind of okay for a Monday - clearing up some of Friday's crap  and setting the pace for the week. We'll see if Curtis listens to Portia (about not wanting to be around). Maxie is going manic (and the funny thing is and I don't mean to laugh even when she does gets Louise back -she's probably not gonna be seen for ages so..).  Jason and Carly's snarl-face always drags the episode down for me, and Im not feeling sam so it was meh (outside of the BLQ/Maxie bits per usual). 

• Love 2

I was getting into Britt/Jason but now that I see Britt/Jax I am so much happier with that!  It’s so much lighter and they mesh together so much better.  Both guys are pretty hot but Jax is a charming legit business man and Jason is a thug.  She’s moved up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I was getting into Britt/Jason but now that I see Britt/Jax I am so much happier with that!  It’s so much lighter and they mesh together so much better.  Both guys are pretty hot but Jax is a charming legit business man and Jason is a thug.  She’s moved up.

I hope they kinda do the Britt/Jax thing. 
A: it will burn Carly's goat. which i am always for, but 
B: they do have chemistry, He'd be just as supportive about her diagnosis
C: honestly, I like how they look together more than he + Nina so it's lots of winning here.

• Love 12
(edited)

Jason is a terrible love interest. I hate this mushy version of Britt and it’s way too over the top for one round of sex. No matter how much Steve mists his eyes I just don’t care. 

What will it take to get Sam written off? 

Austin is a dud. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Hater said:

No matter how much Steve mists his eyes I just don’t care. 

Since he can seemingly do it at will, it's not that impressive.  He's probably remembering the last time he allowed himself carbs.

• LOL 16
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Since he can seemingly do it at will, it's not that impressive.  He's probably remembering the last time he allowed himself carbs.

that would make me very misty-eyed too. 

• LOL 2
23 minutes ago, Hater said:

No matter how much Steve mists his eyes I just don’t care. 

11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The ONE and ONLY time he was believable being heart broken was when he and Robin broke up the first time in 1997 and she left for the Sorbonne.

That was some UGLY, FUGLY crying on his end. It was RAW.

So no one will ever, ever, ever convince me Robin wasn't the love of his brain damaged life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Glad Maxie is leaving town. That makes sense

That's really just to address the actress medical leave.  Which I guess was better than bringing another actress to fill in the role for however long.

My question:  where the eff is Lucas?  I get that he mostly lives in offscreen land, especially once they switched actors, but they're just going to have one line, from Austin, that Lucas is gone and he's replacing him????  Why does the Lucas character get shat on so much.

Good lord Sam is annoying, as is Carly, though I loved Carly's shirt.  

I don't like Britt cryiing over the idiot mob hitman, but KT and KG are always so fantastic together.  And I hope this isnt' the end of Jax/Britt, though it certainly seemed like they were walking away friends and nothing more.  

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Hater said:

Austin is a dud. 

He is and much of it is the writing. They've dragged out the Aw Shucks cornpone far too long and added to his obsequiousness to Carly today, he looks very weak. I was hoping for a strong character go blow up both the Quartermaine and Corinthos families but they've already neutered him before he's done anything. He's a taller Spinelli.

I can honestly say that in all my years of first kisses, I have never rehashed them to the other party days afterwards. So for Dante  and Curtis to go on about it is ridiculous. Curtis especially, we all saw him dump Jordan to be with Portia so this going to Portia, then Jordan, then Stella, then Portia again, then Jordan like a 12 year old girl is not entertaining. He's worse than Molly was about Sam and Jason's twuu luv. He needs a real storyline beyond his crushes.

Speaking of needing a storyline, is Sam's life so empty that she has nothing else to do but be a bitch to  everyone? Her behaviour to Austin was beyond rude.

It was nice to see Britt moving toward a better relationship with her mother.

I cannot feel sorry for Jason. He is driving the train speeding to his fate with Carly. (Burton is looking old and rough.)

And because it cannot be said too much, Carly is a liar and a bitch.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of needing a storyline, is Sam's life so empty that she has nothing else to do but be a bitch to  everyone? Her behaviour to Austin was beyond rude.

Well, it's not as if she has two kids to raise or anything. Oh. Wait.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

My question:  where the eff is Lucas?  I get that he mostly lives in offscreen land, especially once they switched actors, but they're just going to have one line, from Austin, that Lucas is gone and he's replacing him????  Why does the Lucas character get shat on so much.

The ironic thing is that the reason they gave for Maxie leaving town - that it hurt too much to be in the same town as Bailey/Louise and not be with her - would have been a perfect excuse for Lucas to leave two years ago when the Wiley truth was revealed. It's not like they had any interest in showing Lucas' feelings about losing his son and they weren't going to allow him to fight Michael for custody lest a Corinthos lose.

Lucas moving away off-screen with only one line of dialogue from a newbie of all people is sadly in-character for how this show feels about Lucas,

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Lucas moving away off-screen with only one line of dialogue from a newbie of all people is sadly in-character for how this show feels about Lucas,

he moved away?
i thought he changed departments not apartments.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

they weren't going to allow him to fight Michael for custody lest a Corinthos lose

Michael would never lose a custody fight, especially for his bio son.

It's amazing Brad and Lucas (who?) had Wiley for as long as they did.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can honestly say that in all my years of first kisses, I have never rehashed them to the other party days afterwards.

hahaha  I just said today while I was watching "Has anyone ever said we should talk about the kiss in real life

47 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

but they've already neutered him before he's done anything

I am not intrigued by Austin, I am not even interested.

We can all take comfort that since Jason has never had to serve enough jail time for all his crimes, at least now he is stuck with Carly.

• LOL 8
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

You'd think that since RH is playing a new character that perhaps they'd want a different dynamic between his character and Sam, but they seem to be wanting to keep the whole Sam/Franco thing alive with a different character played by the same actor? Sam hating Franco was 100% understandable. Sam being bitchy to Austin, not so much.

55 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Lucas is gone? Like gone gone?

I guess we can be grateful that FV is buried the gays in the closet and not in the dirt. Honestly WTF is his problem? We all knew Lucas and Brad would never win against Michael, but talk about being robbed of an actual storyline. 

I thought that RC was the problem because he didn't want to commit to a contract, but tbh, I completely understand why he wouldn't. the writers and FV treated Lucas like he was something scraped off the bottom of their shoe.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Lucas is gone? Like gone gone?

That's what it sounded like.  Austing was talking to Carly and said he was replacing Dr Jones (actually took me a minute to realize that he was talking about Lucas.  I kept thinking, Tony died years ago).  Said he wished he had the opportunity to pick Dr Jones brain before he went onto his new role (I'm paraphrasing because I can't remeber the exact wording but it was pretty much that).  So either Lucas is in a differentl role at GH and we will continue to never see him, or he's gone gone.  

What's dumber is that Lucas was head of ER/Trauma surgery, yet Austin, who is alledgedly replacing him was brought in to check out Alexis' injured arm.  And even then, Portia is her doctor of record and was in the hospital and available once Sam had her snitty fit against Austin and requested that he get Portia.   So many dumb plot points.  

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

ctually took me a minute to realize that he was talking about Lucas.  I kept thinking, Tony died years ago). 

OMG that is what I thought too, I mean I know GH is short on Dr's but not replacing a someone after 20+ (?) years is a bit ridiculous 🤣🤣 , so I thought

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

As a hardcore Brucas fan, I have never understood why others don't understand that the person who cared about Lucas and Brucas and basically the entire cast - Ron C. - left the show (or was fired). To me, it's been obvious for years now that the writers don't care about Lucas. 

The most action Amy, Lucas, Brad, Felix, Epiphany, etc. got was when Ron C was writing for the show. The moment he left, and Jelly (Shelly and Jean) fast tracked the Brucas wedding - skipping over Brad being married to Rosalie and everything else - I knew the writing for them would pretty much end, and it did.  IMO, they were background players in their own story about their baby!! 

We didn't see them for months only for them to show up, say they were adopting, the baby to die, the baby switch, a few couple moments here and there, the reveal, and then the breakup. Lucas then disappeared for months only to be recast, show up for an episode or two, and then disappear again. I am not shocked at all that he's gone. Is it sad to say when Austin mentioned filling big shoes left by Dr. Jones, all I could think of was Tony Jones . . . . and I was really confused! LOL! I forgot all about Lucas!! 

The writers don't care about Lucas. The only writer who did is gone. It sucks, but that's what's happening w/Lucas and why he gets crapped on. And I didn't like recast Lucas anyway, so I'm happy not to see that guy again. I know it doesn't help that he barely got any screentime or a chance to grow into the role, but I liked RC in the role. 

Re: Maxie - Given how whacky she's been acting, I honestly thought they were going to cover up her medical leave w/a stint in Shadybrooke! I was envisioning her being involuntarily admitted for being a delusional mess! If she leaves of her own free will, that will be good! 

ETA: Haha!! Y'all are harsh on Austin, but I get it. I'm still intrigued b/c I just love Roger. That said, I wish they'd speed it up already. LOL! Let's get to the meat! 

And I'm happy I'm not the only one who thought of Tony Jones when Austin mentioned Dr. Jones. LOL! Lucas was the furtherest thing from my mind. 

And Ryan Carnes (old Lucas) responded to Emme's emotional tweet about her firing that implied he was also fired. I think they were both blindsided. I never thought the lack of Lucas was b/c of RC's schedule. I always thought it was just a lack of interest in writing for Lucas, and I think the lack of writing for the recast proves that to be true. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 7

I missed a lot of the Jason story but I’ve never seen him show any emotion about anything until his interactions with Britt. As in no emotion AT ALL. Even with that, I don’t care about him in any way, with any woman, with any of his kids (nor does he), especially with the demo ness Carly. What in the world is this fascination with this actor and this role?

• Love 2

I haven’t been a jasam fan since maybe 2005 but it’s a choice to have Jason sad for only a single episode over his break-up with Sam while he’s been alternating between crying, moping and making pained faces every time we’ve seen him since ending things with Britt. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3