Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

The whole Spencer thing is just so stupid. He’s all pissed at Ava for going back on her word about Valentin killing Nikolas. Well news flash trust fund baby Valentin didn’t kill your precious Father, HE WAS FAKING HIS OWN DEATH. Ugh. I’m trying to give new Spencer a chance but yeah, I think Im not really feeling him.

I've liked him in most of his scenes with Trina, but yesterday he seemed too focused on his mission with Ava  and using Trina for information on rather than being genuinely interested in her.  These types of stories only work if you can actually buy that the duplicitous character is genuinely interested in the dupe prior to the reveal.

• Love 4

So, like, today wasn't the Stuart Damon tribute? I know it's coming after Monica mentioned him to that shrew Olivia yesterday. If she doesn't want Ned back, her EYE-Talian ass can just leave the mansion, as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, like, today wasn't the Stuart Damon tribute? I know it's coming after Monica mentioned him to that shrew Olivia yesterday. If she doesn't want Ned back, her EYE-Talian ass can just leave the mansion, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think he'd passed yet when they were filming these episodes. KS is still in them and I believe he passed away after her leave started (aka when Maxie will stop appearing on the show for a bit). So it's probably just a coincidence Monica mentioned him the other day!

I'd expect his memorial episode to be closer to September/October.

• Love 2
(edited)

Maxie's screaming every episode is annoying. She does need to leave town.

I like Spencer holding the launch so nobody else could go to the island. 

Austin shouldn't get any shares. Edwards will didn't include him and cut out Jimmy Lee. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

NuSpencer is not a good actor.   The only saving grace is that Spencer is supposed to be a pretentious asshole, so the weird inflections and vaguely monotone cadence sort of go with that. 

I'm sorry--was SMike talking about how he was "keeping it real" and when he "crawled out of that water, I wasn't giving up."  So says the dude who had an expensive watch and engraved wedding ring on, looked at them, went "huh, guess I was married?" and then DOES NOTHING!  Shut up, Sonny.

So today Olivia was a Quartermaine and they're family.  Until the next time she's disgusted by them being Quartermaine-y.  Shut up, Olivia.

Previews - Spinelli, on the MOC: "I can't imagine a more perfect union."  Except for almost everyone on planet Earth.  Again, I beg: someone give BA a job so he doesn't have to keep playing this insufferable character.

• Love 12

Today I saw some pretty people then…😵💫😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😵💫🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Oh and STFU, Olivia.

Oh and this gem: how the WSLS has his “duh?” face as Austin explained who he was and the FUCKING show killing off Jimmy Lee offscreenville. Stay Klassy Frank and Dan.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

give BA a job so he doesn't have to keep playing this insufferable character

Except he’s played the same character every time he guest starred in another show. I wonder if it’s all he’s capable of doing?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sake614 said:
39 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

give BA a job so he doesn't have to keep playing this insufferable character

Except he’s played the same character every time he guest starred in another show. I wonder if it’s all he’s capable of doing?

But I won't care because he'll be off my screen!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Controversial take: I’m kind of digging Roger’s low-key gentle take as Austin. I didn’t really like him that much as Franco. I continue to be annoyed that GH allows some of its actors to keep returning as different characters

I’m glad Maxie told Nina the truth and that Nina fully believed her and supported her

• Love 3

Oh, please tell us more Nina about how hard giving up Avery was for YOU. And Maxie, she ripped Avery out of AVERY's MOTHER's WOMB after drugging her, then kidnapped her and fled to another country. She wasn't a surrogate or an adoptive parent, for fuck's sake. Jesus. Revisionist history much, Show? But this Maxie stuff is by far the most interesting of these stories. It's classic soap. Too bad that KSt had to go out for a while, and I wouldn't want anyone else to step in. She's doing too good a job.

Spencer is not growing on me. I really don't like the little punk. And this casting? Not a fan. I mean, was this really the best they could do? That jacket looks five sizes too small for him.

Is this Nixon Falls crap supposed to endear us to Sonny? Because no. And while these people are perfectly nice, who gives a crap?

I really like Valentin. He said what he wanted to say, he didn't care about anyone else, and then he peaced out.

So, Roger's still playing Franco, huh?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Yes!   I mean he’s wearing a wedding ring!!!  Carly pretty much deserves every bad thing she gets but it’s horrible that Sonny didn’t even try for two seconds to figure out who the hell he is. And they fucking LAUGH about it!!  I find that extremely gross. 

I'm going to laugh at Carly. All damn day. And at Scummy trying to justify it. They can both get thrown into the middle of an ocean with hungry great whites. Happy Shark Week, y'all.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

So, Roger's still playing Franco, huh?

No, not at all. Austin is very different from Franco, and I am already loving him. It took today to solidify that. I wanted to wait a little bit before I decided how I felt the character. I didn't think I'd dislike him because I really like RoHo as an actor, but I wanted to see how he would play this new character and I knew that he would take a little time to get his footing. Plus, of course, they were playing the whole mystery 'Ooh, who is he?' card. Of course, we know now he's Jimmy Lee's son, a Quartermaine.

I'm thrilled about this for two reasons:

1. Ever since Todd Manning was taken away from us and we knew that Howarth was coming back, I wanted him to come back as a Quartermaine, and specifically as Jimmy Lee Holt's son. Voila! It's finally happening. Five years and another character gone later, but still, yay, it's happening!

2. I do think the Quartermaines are an important part of the fabric of General Hospital, and an important part of its longevity. Enriching the family with new lifeblood, with characters that will get plenty of storyline, and are not connected to all the same characters is a great thing.

As I said, I'm loving the character. Even before the episode was over I knew that I loved him. I was already leaning in that direction, but his very sincere response of gratitude to Monica after she offered him condolences about Jimmy Lee was just so beautifully done.

I'm just really enjoying how Roger Howarth is playing the character with this touch of goodness. It really seems like Dr. Austin is just a genuinely good man who wants what is right. He is doing this not because he's greedy, but because it's the right thing to do by his father. He's doing this because it's not right that some get, but others don't. He's doing this because he has no family left but the Quartermaines and he wants to get to know his family.

Maybe it will change. Maybe there will be more to the story, but right now that is how it's coming across and I'm really, really liking, no, loving Dr. Austin Gatlin-Holt. (Plus, I love having another doctor in the cast who will get a lot of airtime!)

To answer a few questions that I saw in the last few posts. Austin specifically said that the reason that he has just shown up now is because Jimmy Lee died 6 months ago and he is doing something in part to honor his father and because he feels that it's what is owed to his father to be recognized as a Quartermaine through him.

And he's having Scotty contest the will because he doesn't think it's right that Jimmy Lee is essentially the only Quartermaine who was disinherited. It's not fair to his father.  He doesn't need the money (as a doctor--he made a point of mentioning that GH pays well). He also appears to genuinely want to get to know the only family he has left since his father died.

Bottom-line, I'm thrilled with this move since it (a) expands the Quartermaine family, and (b) gives us another contract player that we'll see as a doctor. We've got Finn, Portia, Britt and now Austin as doctors and Elizabeth as a nurse. That's five actual contract players we see regularly who are actually major medical staff! (And that doesn't include Monica, TJ, Epiphany, Bobbie, Amy, Felix, and Willow allegedly studying to be a nurse!)

Edited by driver18
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, driver18 said:

He's doing this because it's not right that some get, but others don't. He's doing this because he has no family left but the Quartermaines and he wants to get to know his family.

Wait what?  I'll have to throw out a Heismann here. Edward's fortune isn't a sample bar at a Ben and Jerry's ice cream store. In this case it's totally right that he 'doesn't get" he's not entitled to anything. It was Edward's fortune and Edward's right to determine who gets what.  Jimmy Lee and Austin deserve a whole fat load of not a thing. And Tracy didn't get anything either (okay she got relish. but whatever. she got nothing). (To be fair - I don't know what Jimmy Lee did to deserve to be completely blackballed and his kids, but I respect Edward's decision) 

I would buy what you were saying - but why not get to know your family before you start taking them to court and fighting for something you don't really have any claim to? He wanted to get to know his family, but he was in town long enough to get Scotty hired, get him to speed, get a job at GH and all this jazz and decided to waltz into an ELQ meeting and go "Hi I'm a Holt, I'm contesting the will, byyeeeeeee." He made no effort to reach out to any Q before that. so sorry, i'm channeling my inner Tracy and saying "I don't buy it." hair flip, believing that all Austin wants is "what his father was owed." (which again is nothing if Edward decided that was the case). and "wants to get to know his family." 

I mean don't get me wrong. I'm glad we're getting Q-drama (as we should) and they're adding to the doctor-ship) and hopefully this is all written right but yah. I'm not buying the "oh i want nothing but honour for my father." here. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I think it’s great that that Nikolas’s brother came back to see him. Wait! That’s his son? It can’t be his son. His son Spencer is taller than Nikolas and they are practically the same age. <sarcasm>. This is really bad casting. I know they wanted to age Spencer but an 18 year old would have been more sensible. Especially, since he’s going to be hanging with Trina, Cam & Joss. nuSpencer is way too old for the role and looks ridiculous with Marcus Coloma. IMO!

Also, it’s great that Scotty is Austin’s lawyer. Scotty knew his father, Jimmy Lee so well. 

60A32295-3179-4DC0-A540-726D74BE02CE.jpeg

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/13/2021 at 6:34 PM, lala2 said:

I guess I have a heart of stone - Maxie's blubbering was getting on my nerves. LOL! I'm gonna need her to shut up about her baby.

I think Maxie looks psychotic. I mean her reasoning for not telling Dante anything was because she was embarrassed. What if Peter doesn't return for years? And it's hard to feel sympathy for her given she doesn't seem to give a shit about Georgie and slightly about James. She called James the light of her life once but said nothing about Georgie.

I suppose they can say Maxie had a nervous collapse but for fuck's sake she is a grown woman. Let this character be called out for her dumbass choices. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

imo, Roho seems slightly embarrassed at playing this character. I would pay the writers though if they had him say, "I hear a mountain lion!"

(In this film about killer birds the main characters run into a hippie in the woods who goes on about the trees and then to wrap the scene up, says, I gotta go I hear a mountain lion!)

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Daisy said:

Wait what?  I'll have to throw out a Heismann here. Edward's fortune isn't a sample bar at a Ben and Jerry's ice cream store. In this case it's totally right that he 'doesn't get" he's not entitled to anything. It was Edward's fortune and Edward's right to determine who gets what.  Jimmy Lee and Austin deserve a whole fat load of not a thing. And Tracy didn't get anything either (okay she got relish. but whatever. she got nothing). (To be fair - I don't know what Jimmy Lee did to deserve to be completely blackballed and his kids, but I respect Edward's decision) 

I would buy what you were saying - but why not get to know your family before you start taking them to court and fighting for something you don't really have any claim to? He wanted to get to know his family, but he was in town long enough to get Scotty hired, get him to speed, get a job at GH and all this jazz and decided to waltz into an ELQ meeting and go "Hi I'm a Holt, I'm contesting the will, byyeeeeeee." He made no effort to reach out to any Q before that. so sorry, i'm channeling my inner Tracy and saying "I don't buy it." hair flip, believing that all Austin wants is "what his father was owed." (which again is nothing if Edward decided that was the case). and "wants to get to know his family." 

I mean don't get me wrong. I'm glad we're getting Q-drama (as we should) and they're adding to the doctor-ship) and hopefully this is all written right but yah. I'm not buying the "oh i want nothing but honour for my father." here. 

He's doing this for HIS FATHER who he probably heard talk about how he was kicked out of the family his whole life. His father who Edward tried to deny in the first place until he finally was forced to acknowledge. Edward forgave so many shitty things, and yet he disinherited Jimmy Lee for reasons no one can even remember so it was likely a pretty damn petty one.

So, sure, yeah, Edward was in his rights to, but Austin feels crappy for his father. So he's fighting for the rights in his father's memory. Tracy was going to let her father die but she got something (ok, it was just the pickle relish, but still, she made money out of that... Edward left her something!). Jason turned his back on the family for years and is STILL a hitman, but he still got to keep shares. Michael won't even use the family name, but keeps the name of a mafia lord, committed murder and went to prison (although we know the reasons). So many family members have done awful things. Yet they keep shares.

So Austin's interest in Michael and Jason makes perfect sense now. Edward had no problem with these two having shares, yet, Jimmy Lee can't? Austin clearly loved his father. It does appear as if he's fighting for his father's legacy as a Quartermaine.

And I love that juciy Quartermaine fight that's coming.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think it’s great that that Nikolas’s brother came back to see him. Wait! That’s his son? It can’t be his son. His son Spencer is taller than Nikolas and they are practically the same age. <sarcasm>. This is really bad casting. I know they wanted to age Spencer but an 18 year old would have been more sensible.

The actor's only 21.  And Marcus Coloma is 42, so this parent/child age difference is actually better than most on the show. 

• Love 13

Some kids ‘age’ faster than others. I don’t think nuSpencer looks that much older, but maybe he’s supposed to be 19-20 now. No one has said anything besides how grown up he is now. As for his height, so what if he’s taller than his father? Where is it written that a child can’t be taller than his parents? LOL! I’m not overly impressed with his acting yet (mostly the monotone voice) but looks wise, I think the casting is spot on. He could absolutely be Nick’s son.

• Love 7

I remembered Jimmy Lee Holt in general, but not with very many specifics, so I checked out the fan wiki.  

One of the specifics that I'd forgotten was that Jimmy Lee inherited $20,000,000 (as hush money, essentially) after his mother overdosed on Lila's heart medication.

If Jimmy Lee made bad investments and lost that money, it wasn't the Q's fault. IMO this "righting of the wrongs done to my father" was a half-baked idea that someone came up with without doing proper research. 

And since I don't think that highly of RoHo's skills anyway, I'm a little irritated that he's being brought back as yet another character. 

It's too bad they couldn't have gotten Steve Bond, even if it was just for a one-off, to come in and shake things up and then disappear, still leaving the Qs in disarray. 

And here's an interview & picture of him from 2018. https://www.soapsindepth.com/posts/abc/general-hospital-steve-bond-167036

A good, longer story might have been him coming to town and starting an affair w/ Jackie Templeton. Silver-haired Jimmy Lee and Gonzo both on the screen? Yes, please. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, rur said:

It's too bad they couldn't have gotten Steve Bond, even if it was just for a one-off, to come in and shake things up and then disappear, still leaving the Qs in disarray. 

Have Steve Bond do one episode, a flashback of JL on his deathbed, telling Austin about his Quartermain ancestry and then having Austin declared that he's going to PC to get what he feels is rightfully his. Would have more been more powerful than this weird shifty thing that RoHo was doing.

10 hours ago, Daisy said:

Wait what?  I'll have to throw out a Heismann here. Edward's fortune isn't a sample bar at a Ben and Jerry's ice cream store. In this case it's totally right that he 'doesn't get" he's not entitled to anything. It was Edward's fortune and Edward's right to determine who gets what.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AGREE!!  The idea that someone can show up, years later, to dispute someone's will because they feel like they should be entitled to a piece of the pie is wackadoo.  With that thought, I should dispute my grandfather's will.  I mean, he died 40 years ago, when I was 12, but he gave his car to my uncle and i want it, even though it probably ended up in a junk yard 30 years ago.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Some kids ‘age’ faster than others. I don’t think nuSpencer looks that much older, but maybe he’s supposed to be 19-20 now. No one has said anything besides how grown up he is now. As for his height, so what if he’s taller than his father? Where is it written that a child can’t be taller than his parents? LOL! I’m not overly impressed with his acting yet (mostly the monotone voice) but looks wise, I think the casting is spot on. He could absolutely be Nick’s son.

Yeah, looks-wise this recast is great.  Hopefully NuSpencer's acting will improve as he gets more comfortable.

Does anyone remember why Jimmy Lee was disinherited?  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, DanaK said:

I continue to be annoyed that GH allows some of its actors to keep returning as different characters

They're not GH actors, but One Life to Live Actors, who Frank keeps fucking bringing back as different GH characters. It's infuriating. But then again, almost all of the GH writers were let go when Frank took over, so there you go.

And fuck no. Neither Jimmy Lee or his spawn have "a right" to any of Edward's fortune. Edward gave money, shares, to who he wanted, which was his RIGHT. Just as other who disinherit legitimate heirs. Waa, waa, Edward was a big old meanie and didn't give my daddy or any of his children, any money or stakes in HIS company. It would be different if Jimmy Lee did have shares and he was swindled out of them, or if ELQ was his company as well. But Austin is basically going to court to whine that his granddaddy left him and his daddy out of his will.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't think they said.  I vaguely remember the will reading and everyone got equal (based on their family placement) except for Tracy and Jimmy Lee, with Tracy receiving Pickle-Lila.  Did Jimmy Lee get nothing at all, or did he get a pittance of something?  That I don't remember clearly.

• Useful 1
36 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AGREE!!  The idea that someone can show up, years later, to dispute someone's will because they feel like they should be entitled to a piece of the pie is wackadoo. 

Probate law is very complex and it might not be as wackadoo as it ought to be.  If Austin or Jimmy Lee were not informed about Edward's death or the will at the time, then they/he might have standing to contest.  That said, I think it's morally wrong to contest anyone's will unless you have very strong reasonable reason to believe that there were shenanigans (forged will or someone taking advantage of an elderly demented person, something like that) going on.  It was Edward's wealth to distribute as he saw fit.  Get over it.  You lived your whole life without that wealth and for whatever reason, neither you nor your father saw fit to come to PC and visit Edward once in a while (not that I blame them, that house was full of insane people).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, driver18 said:

He's doing this for HIS FATHER who he probably heard talk about how he was kicked out of the family his whole life. His father who Edward tried to deny in the first place until he finally was forced to acknowledge. Edward forgave so many shitty things, and yet he disinherited Jimmy Lee for reasons no one can even remember so it was likely a pretty damn petty one.

So, sure, yeah, Edward was in his rights to, but Austin feels crappy for his father. So he's fighting for the rights in his father's memory. Tracy was going to let her father die but she got something (ok, it was just the pickle relish, but still, she made money out of that... Edward left her something!). Jason turned his back on the family for years and is STILL a hitman, but he still got to keep shares. Michael won't even use the family name, but keeps the name of a mafia lord, committed murder and went to prison (although we know the reasons). So many family members have done awful things. Yet they keep shares.

So Austin's interest in Michael and Jason makes perfect sense now. Edward had no problem with these two having shares, yet, Jimmy Lee can't? Austin clearly loved his father. It does appear as if he's fighting for his father's legacy as a Quartermaine.

And I love that juciy Quartermaine fight that's coming.

But you're missing the point. 

Your argument is all "He's doing this for his father, he really wants to know his family." Okay. so then why not get to know his family first, and then on the side - investigate why Edward did what he did what he did. try to wrestle with "'justice' for Dad'" vs. simply being a part of the Q Family (since his words. he doesn't need anything)  (well because this show, but hey whatever). 

Again. He's "doing it for Dad" but what. If he wins his argument is it simply. "Oh I won it in his name, here you go." No he won't. He said "I want what i'm entitled to."  He feels entitled to some of the Q Pie. cool. If he were any other grandchild he gets his piece of pie. Edward's will states that he doesn't want to give the Holts anything. so sorry, you don't get pie.

Edward built the Quartermaine name from something. He earned his millions. He formed ELQ. He has the right to include and exclude anyone from benefiting from the company and his millions. Sure. it might have sucked to grow up and know that you had a granddad who was a millionaire and then find out said granddad gave all your cousins and great cousins and people who weren't blood related something, but that's just the way the relish spreads sometimes. Edward was under no obligation to give Jimmy Lee or anyone related to Jimmy Lee anything - irregardless - of the other kids actions, or what they did. Like honestly what is Austin's argument? "Everyone else got, so Jimmy Lee and I should get too, boo hoo hoo?" 

Honestly, it would be different if this was another illegitimate kid/grand kid of Edward's, or (again. AJ's secret son + daughter) and then the family is blocking them or something. but {as much as i want more Q Action again i'm for it} this is a guy fighting that he should get something that he has no right to have. he was disinherited. that crap happens every day. deal with it and move on. you, and your father aren't entitled to anything. 

28 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AGREE!!  The idea that someone can show up, years later, to dispute someone's will because they feel like they should be entitled to a piece of the pie is wackadoo.  With that thought, I should dispute my grandfather's will.  I mean, he died 40 years ago, when I was 12, but he gave his car to my uncle and i want it, even though it probably ended up in a junk yard 30 years ago.  

lol pretty much

17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm reading the wiki - it only mentions that Jimmy Lee was disinherited  based of Edward's will because of his death in 2012. so basically the writers can make up something whatever they want justify it I suppose but as @rur pointed out. Jimmy Lee got a tonne of money from somewhere. (not to mention he had lost money when something happened to the Waterfront, that's why Celia Quatermaine split from him  because she didn't "do poor." ) but other than that. nuffin, muffin. 

I will say... I don't think I like the fact that RoHo is playing Holt Firstly, (even taking into consideration SOARS - any kid Jimmy Lee had at most would be a few years older than Dillon - not RoHo's age).. i just feel he should be... independent (marry into it if you wanna but .. i dunno). 

22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And fuck no. Neither Jimmy Lee or his spawn have "a right" to any of Edward's fortune. Edward gave money, shares, to who he wanted, which was his RIGHT. Just as other who disinherit legitimate heirs. Waa, waa, Edward was a big old meanie and didn't give my daddy or any of his children, any money or stakes in HIS company. It would be different if Jimmy Lee did have shares and he was swindled out of them, or if ELQ was his company as well. But Austin is basically going to court to whine that his granddaddy left him and his daddy out of his will.

that's basically how i feel.  I mean again,i'm just going to point out - irregardless of all the crap Tracy did - near the end of Edward's life she was always there for him, took him to appointments, moved heaven and earth to ensure that he got her blood serum thingy (that Edward gave to Emma instead), and Edward still gave the woman a jar of relish, and Tracy was like "whatever." (I mean she bitched about it, but she didn't contest her father's wishes). So like. too bad so sad, Jimmy Lee.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

even taking into consideration SOARS

It's SORAS-Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome.

And all these ridonkulous shenanigans are all Edward's fault--adding in that every single spawn of Jason and Justis (did he mention Emily? or AJ? Even if AJ was thought to be dead at the time?) would get shares--those that weren't even born yet.

But hey, I'll take this nonsense over this show's version of how the mafia works.

• Love 3
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Re: your point....

I think we fundamentally disagree here. Like I said, it's tied up in with the fact that Michael -- who is fine with his "father" being a mafia kingpin and taking that name still getting shares, and Jason not keeping the Quartermaine name, being a professional hitman, turning his back on the family for years, etc. getting shares, but his father was denied. So, he KNOWS this family clearly. He's not happy that his father was screwed over.

It's partially about getting to know his family. But that, still is part of it. WHY didn't he get to know his family? Because Edward pettily decided to kick out Austin's father and JUST his father.

I'm loving all of this because it's so completely and utterly Quartermaine-y.  And I am beyond thrilled that Roger is playing Jimmy Lee's son. That is who I've wanted him to play all along. I don't care that he's not the right age. This is a glorious soap opera*. How often do the ages ever match up? He's a Quartermaine. He's gonna get tons of airtime, meaning a Q is gonna get tons of airtime, which means the Qs in general will continue to get more airtime.

He's also a doctor. So as I mentioned before that makes him one of 4 other contract players who are medical staff on a soap called General HOSPITAL that we're seeing regularly now with the focus on the HOSPITAL. I love it. I love it. I love it.

More Qs! More hospital! More use of history with all of this Jimmy Lee stuff. I. LOVE. IT!

*And glorious indeed. I really don't care what anyone else says. It may have its issues, but with the amount of content they have to put out, I ain't complaining. GH is fantastic soap opera. Great stories, great characters, a mix of old, new, older, newish, use of history, switching things up, questions that are asked like "But where's the body? Why is so and so happening?" are almost always actually answered in a few days/week or so time. Characters are not confined to interacting in a bubble. There are friendships, male/male, female/female, male/female (and more than one or two, you've got Portia/Ava and Portia/Jordan, for example).

I just love this show so much. I genuinely look forward to it every day and watch the whole thing. The writers clearly have a plan and set things up in advance. I was watching older Finnabeth scenes, and after Finn stopped Elizabeth from attacking Peter they were talking about it and shared this dialogue:

Finn - I feel bad. I should have let you hit him.
Elizabeth - Yeah, why didn't you?!
Finn - Knowing that guy, he would have filed charges. I didn't want to see you arrested for assault.
Elizabeth - At this point they'd probably throw me a parade.

This took place only a few weeks before Chase was poisoned. Obviously Finn killing Peter was already planned with Elizabeth as his accomplice after the fact.

So good!

Edited by driver18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Austin shouldn't get any shares. Edwards will didn't include him and cut out Jimmy Lee. 

I want Austin to win if only to stick it to Michael. Smug little shit.

12 hours ago, DanaK said:

Controversial take: I’m kind of digging Roger’s low-key gentle take as Austin.

I like that there's some needling underneath. Like he doesn't give a rat's ass who you are or who you're related to even if he acts all wide-eyed. The scenes with Carly at the hospital were great. It's obvious everyone is underestimating the gentle country doctor, and I'm all for him unleashing the Kraken, as it were, especially if it's aimed at Michael and the Corinthii.

53 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, looks-wise this recast is great. 

GH is reliably pretty good with its physical casting. I sometimes think they emphasize that more than acting ability, especially with the younger actors.

• Love 5
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's SORAS-Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome.

And all these ridonkulous shenanigans are all Edward's fault--adding in that every single spawn of Jason and Justis (did he mention Emily? or AJ? Even if AJ was thought to be dead at the time?) would get shares--those that weren't even born yet.

But hey, I'll take this nonsense over this show's version of how the mafia works.

thanks - I haven't had breakfast yet LOL. yah SORAS. (not Soars lol)

yeah I agree. I don't even know how Dianne even let him get away with crap like that. I just watched the video of the reading of the will - it was so sad Tracy getting hammered like that  - and honestly. I was surprised that Skye got anything (i put her up there to be responsible with Alan's death). but i guess at the end of the day, you're splitting up like 5 percent (to the point there's like... no percent, so whatever). I honestly feel at the time- they basically said how can we totally burn Tracey and they just math-fu'ed it out. 

4 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Like I said, it's tied up in with the fact that Michael -- who is fine with his "father" being a mafia kingpin and taking that name still getting shares, and Jason not keeping the Quartermaine name, being a professional hitman, turning his back on the family for years, etc. getting shares, but his father was denied. So, he KNOWS this family clearly. He's not happy that his father was screwed over.

Well he needs to get over it. Tracy - who was actually there for Edward for years got nothing but relish. Jimmy Lee wasn't even around (for reasons which we'll probably learn later) - so he gets zilich. He can not be happy about his father being screwed over but Jimmy Lee is not entitled to get something. Austin can articulate it like that all he wants, but I hope someone slaps him down with Edward had the right to give his money to a monkey over Jimmy Lee. Accept it and move on. 

Well I know you like RoHo -like i said. I've always been team Q, I want more hospital, but it doens't really mean i still like the idea that he's a Q, I think they should have gotten someone else. I think he would be better playing someone else. but i'm happy you're happy.  enjoy it. 

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Totally.  He's loyal to the Qs only when it doesn't interfere with his Corinthii brethren.  And I don't care how many times the show tells me what a great CEO he is, the dude doesn't even have a Bachelor's Degree and literally never was so much as an office intern learning the ropes.  Spare me, show.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Totally.  He's loyal to the Qs only when it doesn't interfere with his Corinthii brethren.  And I don't care how many times the show tells me what a great CEO he is, the dude doesn't even have a Bachelor's Degree and literally never was so much as an office intern learning the ropes.  Spare me, show.

There is that to be fair. MIcheal losing would be delicious 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That's the only reason I want him to win, even though it's ridiculous. Anything to make this piece of shit more miserable just makes me happy.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

(did he mention Emily? or AJ? Even if AJ was thought to be dead at the time?)

Emily was dead and it's very hard for women to have children they don't know about.

• LOL 2
35 minutes ago, driver18 said:

He's a Quartermaine. He's gonna get tons of airtime,

Sorry, I don't agree with that.  It's not Corinthi involved, except through Michael, so the story won't last very long.  Just like any other story that is not Corinthi involved.  Hey, did you know that Alexis has osteoperosis and her lover died in her bed of a drug overdose?  Also, Anna has some blood disease that she gets treatment for once a month.  

26 minutes ago, Daisy said:

He can not be happy about his father being screwed over but Jimmy Lee is not entitled to get something. Austin can articulate it like that all he wants, but I hope someone slaps him down with Edward had the right to give his money to a monkey over Jimmy Lee. Accept it and move on. 

I love this post so much, I would like to marry it, cheat on it with my half brother/cousin's identical evil twin, then push it down the stairs into an abandoned freezer.  

• LOL 5
21 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

As much as Nina agreed to keep Maxie's secret, I get the feeling that the next time Nina sees Valentin bonding with the baby, she'll have a hard time not telling him the truth.  To spare his feelings.  

Especially seeing as Steve Bond is still very much alive and looking good for his age.  Athough I just read an article that says he wasn't happy that his character ended up with Charity since he would have preferred Jimmy Lee end up with Celia.  So maybe he wasn't interested in coming back to PC.  

Edward died in 2012, how can they possibly claim that he was not of sound mind.  It's been 9 years.  Also, it's been 9 years, why hasn't Austin shown up before now.  I actually don't mind the story so much, but I just don't like RoHo in the role.  

And when he was going on about how he would help pay for the treatment.  With what? Monopoly money?  Or is he going to win another poker game.  So stupid and a storyline that literally NO ONE cares about.  There is no one online that likes the Nixon Falls story.  Sonny haters hate it, Sonny lovers want him back home with Carly.  BLECH!!

The ACTOR is the one who concocted this idiotic Mayberry Mike who Dances with Brooms story.  He LOVES it!  Thinks it stretched his acting chops.  Right.  Same arrogant man, different clothes.

• Love 3
(edited)

Edward's will read, "To my living grandchildren" I bequeath to each 12% of my shares of ELQ. Tracy argued that AJ shouldn't get anything because he was dead when Edward wrote the will. Monica argued that the will said, "living grandchildren." All agreed, then, that AJ should receive his 12% because he was, in fact, alive. Therefore, since Austin is one of Edward's living grandchildren, he is entitled to 12% of the ELQ shares. I just watched the reading on youtube.

Edited by Sheggy50G
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sheggy50G said:

Edward's will read, "To my living grandchildren" I bequeath to each 12% of my shares of ELQ. Tracy argued that AJ shouldn't get anything because he was dead when Edward wrote the will. Monica argued that the will said, "living grandchildren." All agreed, then, that AJ should receive his 12% because he was, in fact, alive. Therefore, since Austin is one of Edward's living grandchildren, he is entitled to 12% of the ELQ shares. I just watched the reading on youtube.

Did the reading of the will mention how Jimmy Lee and his children were to receive nothing?

Honestly asking since I didn't really pay much attention to that.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did the reading of the will mention how Jimmy Lee and his children were to receive nothing?

I have no memory and I can't find the clip on youtube, but I thought Edward had specifically specified that Jimmy Lee and his descendents would get nothing.  

20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Honestly asking since I didn't really pay much attention to that.

Jimmy Lee wasn't even mentioned at all.

• LOL 1
31 minutes ago, Sheggy50G said:

Edward's will read, "To my living grandchildren"

Edward's grandchildren:

AJ, JAson, Drew, Skye, Emily via Alan

Ned, Dillon via Tracy

Maya Ward via Justice 

Austin (and possibly other siblings) via Jimmy Lee 

Am I missing anyone?

If the grandchildren get 12% each, what do the great grandchildren get?  

Great grandchildren:

Michael via AJ

Jake, Danny via Jason

Oscar, Scout via Drew

Lila Rae via Skye

Brook Lynn via Ned

And then what happens to great great grandchildren?

Wylie via MIchael

Bailey (for now) via BLQ

At some point you have to stop splitting things because you end up with .0000008 of a percent type thing.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Jimmy Lee wasn't even mentioned at all.

Can't watch this now (working!), but maybe Edward disinherited Jimmy Lee and whatever children he would have when Edward was alive? I mean, Jimmy Lee had been off the canvas for years, by the time Edward died, and there was a new regime who didn't and still don't give any bluedilly FUCKS about the history of the characters on this show.

• Love 1

I just assumed that anyone beyond a grandchild wouldn't get his/her own share but whatever the parent gave/left them. So the only reason Michael has a large chunk is because it was originally AJ's, not because he got that chunk from Edward.

The show hasn't been entirely consistent with how ELQ shares were divided after Edward died, changing things here and there to fit the current plot.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I just assumed that anyone beyond a grandchild wouldn't get his/her own share but whatever the parent gave/left them. So the only reason Michael has a large chunk is because it was originally AJ's, not because he got that chunk from Edward.

The show hasn't been entirely consistent with how ELQ shares were divided after Edward died, changing things here and there to fit the current plot.

the grandchildren got 12 percent
(Dillon, Ned, Skye Jason, AJ)

the great grandchildren (Danny, etc), Monica + Alice- got 5% i think?

Tracy (the child) got relish. 

So if Austin is fighting for his father - basically he's fighting for a jar of relish. So let's call a spade a spade. Austin is fighting for his 12 % (which would probably be divided up evenly to give them equal shares)

(WIley, Bailey etc would basically just get the shares from their parents) 

9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

maybe Edward disinherited Jimmy Lee and whatever children he would have when Edward was alive? I mean, Jimmy Lee had been off the canvas for years, by the time Edward died, and there was a new regime who didn't and still don't give any bluedilly FUCKS about the history of the characters on this show.

that's what I assumed. that the Jimmy Lee bit was like. ages and ages ago and it was never amended. 

2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Given the will simply says "all living grandchildren" it does seem like Austin would have a case.  

not if Edward crossed his Ts and dotted his eyes. Ned was very adamant yesterday when he said "Jimmy Lee Holt and his progeny get a whole lotta nothing." so yah. "All living grandkids, minus Austin."

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

not if Edward crossed his Ts and dotted his eyes. Ned was very adamant yesterday when he said "Jimmy Lee Holt and his progeny get a whole lotta nothing." so yah. "All living grandkids, minus Austin."

I guess we'll have to see if there's an actual signed/notarized document stating as such, otherwise Ned's just bloviating.  

• Love 2