Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Are we supposed to believe the names "Mike", "Wylie," "Nina," "Crimson," and "Port Charles" did not ring a single bell for Smike, but an old cap can trigger a whole host of memories?  

Also, I live an hour from NYC. It's 93 degrees here. Who is wearing a hat like that in July? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Brando's intentions about associating with his cousin's family

They seem more like Gladys's intentions—Brando appears totally happy working in the garage. He needs to lay down the law with her meddling. I liked Gladys when she was putting the screws into Sonny for more money to keep the stupid Dev secret, but now she's just another very unpleasant character. (No fault of the actor, though.)

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I think it's all just about what we're acclimated to. MC looks great for a man in his forties, which is a good thing in his line of work, and he's taken over a role most associated with an actor who isn't much older but hasn't taken the best care of himself. I hate to go there, but it's certainly well documented.  

If Liz had been played for a long time by a woman who was in her forties and looked every bit of it, and then one day the presently 44-year-old Becky Herbst were the recast, people would be saying this new Liz was not believable as the mother of teenagers (BH actually being one in real life wouldn't cut any ice), and that she could be Cam's older sister. But different people do show aging more or less, in Hollywood and in the wider world.  

If they brought back JJ as Lucky, he'd look like his own grandpa, next to MC and BH.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope Dante is able to slap Chase out of his pity party.

I'm finding it kind of interesting (and funny) that most of PC doesn't think it's a MOC between Jason and Carly, which just shows how strong the idea is that Carly has been pining for him. I know it's a plot point, but someone like Sam should be able to see through it. On the other hand, she is a dunce.

Ugh, way to disrespect your wife, Lenny, by not telling her what's going on with you. She's a nurse; I'm pretty sure she had a decent idea of what might be wrong. (ETA: Okay, maybe not.) Gah. Patronizing jerk. It's even worst because Mike has to be the voice of reason.

Say, Willow, do you have pictures of Wiley with Lucas (who?) and Brad? What do you tell him about them?

"What part of 'I'm not talking' don't you understand?" "All of it." Hee.

I can't believe we're going to have more conversations about another kiss. Are all of the writers 13 years old?

Edited by dubbel zout
grammar
  • Love 8

What’s the over/under of Gladys hair? I thought the blonde washed her out. I think she looks better with darker hair. Of course, that’s just me. I honestly didn’t know who it was when she first walked in with Brando. I like the actress but the character is kind of annoying. I suspect we’ll see more of her since the actress who plays Sasha will go on maternity leave at some point. The rooftop pool deck looks nice. It also looks good on Y&R, too. They look virtually the same. LOL!!!!

• Love 1

Today's Episode

Barside
good gravy. shut up.  OH yay. There's Sam. actually, considering Sam got a lugnut for a ring yah she'd focus on the rock. Um. Sam, this is 2021, if Jason wanted you to know, he could have picked up the phone and told you. why do people excuse this piece of rock's actions? 

LOL Carly looks like she just christmas in july when Jason gave her a kiss on the cheek. this is hilariously dumb.

Maxie and Sam. snooooozeee 

Yesterday's Maxie: OH MY GOD I'M LOSING MY MIND I HAVE TO LEAVE NOOOOOWWWW.

Today's Maxie: Squeee! Gossip!!!!

Poolside
So apparently there are no fat people allowed at the new pool lol. I have to laugh- arresting Rocco for cannonballing. Chase you can move your toes, that is awesome. Be happy about it. but I'm not here for Dante remembering kissing sam so skip!

Boring Boring Sasha Brando
Okay. YES. SASHA.  It took a while, but I will take that smashing of the mob life. We need this more often. 

Did Sasha want drugs and Cyrus helped, or did Cyrus get her hooked?

Nina + Willow
boring and they are talking about wiley so double boring. Oh now Carly is here. (still boring). 

Nina you suck. the end. 

Quatermaines
LOL please don't have the GH hospital do the DNA test.  BLQ has no time for Austin. Basically they are thinking they can just butter him up. BLQ is having the common sense to get a PI and get info on this guy and the two dumbos are like "but we don't have timmeeeee, we can just charmmm him." Man. if we ever needed Tracy on scene now would be the time. 

Hospital

Aww, Alan's photo :(  Monica has no time for Austin (this is not a recording). Oh, Charity is alive. woo. Sorry how Jimmy Lee died. (COPD is a yucky way to go). Okay, Austin. No one is telling you you're not family - they are telling you they want to honour Edward's last wishes and not give you shares/money. man. the need for Michael to lose is combating with the need for this guy to shut the hell up. 

Yeah okay. I'm not team Austin on this. . he basically thinks Stocks = family? Kick a rock dude. Honestly if it were me, if that's legit all he wants. I would give him 0.5 percent. see how he reacts. .

Also hahahaa Jason is very much part of the family? Since when? Today?

New York City

Oh, Valentine does recognize the name Phyllis.  Oh sut up Phyllis. You're only saying that because you want to pimp Nina and Mike together Please let this stupid story end today and let Anna see Mike....and nope. Also - why am I commenting on this stupid storyline anyway.  (okay and wouldn't the Tan-O Doctor notice there were cancer...geeze)

Mike: I'm going to get Phyllis
Lenny: Don't
Mike: Why?!
Me; because he said not to get her, you dumbass. 

WHY ARE WE FOCUSING ON  THESE PEOPLE?! 
stop the madness

Only real great thing about this episode was the 50% Qness. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sort of both. She wanted drugs and Cyrus gave her a sample of the opioid he wanted to push through GH. She was his guinea pig, and the drug gave her a heart attack.

• Love 4
(edited)

Look, I'm thrilled that Sam and Jason broke up, but in what world would she be happy that Jason and Carly are getting married and offering help?? At least she had dialogue that she knew finally where Jason/Carly stood with each other, first ahead of everyone else, but, if nothing else, why is no one making disgusted faces at Jason for moving on with his boss' widow? His boss who WAS A NOTED MOBSTER, by the way! Did these two idiots stop to consider that the Five Families or someone might take out Jason for moving in on the boss' girl?

And in other bizarre dialogue today, Dante is infatuated with Sam? Since when? What happened to waiting for his comatose wife?

I haven't noticed enough to care and doubt it would make much difference in the storyline but do people actually believe that Jason/Carly are getting married for realsies because they want to, or do they know it's a MOC?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Look, I'm thrilled that Sam and Jason broke up, but in what world would she be happy that Jason and Carly are getting married and offering help?? At least she had dialogue that she knew finally where Jason/Carly stood with each other, first ahead of everyone else, but, if nothing else, why is no one making disgusted faces at Jason for moving on with his boss' widow? His boss who WAS A NOTED MOBSTER, by the way! Did these two idiots stop to consider that the Five Families or someone might take out Jason for moving in on the boss' girl?

And in other bizarre dialogue today, Dante is infatuated with Sam? Since when? What happened to waiting for his comatose wife?

please let that plot twist happen. please. 

also also i think people talked him out of that?

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sort of both. She wanted drugs and Cyrus gave her a sample of the opioid he wanted to push through GH. She was his guinea pig, and the drug gave her a heart attack.

thanks. she was just like. CYRUS BADDDDD and i am like... but you woulda gotten drugs with or without him, chickiedee. but she was anti corinthos mob too so it was awesome.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Yesterday's Maxie: OH MY GOD I'M LOSING MY MIND I HAVE TO LEAVE NOOOOOWWWW.

Today's Maxie: Squeee! Gossip!!!!

She's been polar opposite from the other day to today. She said she had no joy in her life so she wanted to hear about someone else. She sure perked up pretty damn fast.

8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I watched the Floating Rib explosion scenes, and I saw how devastated Dante was about Lulu, right when it happened. Then it was like it never happened. They haven't even discussed Lulu in months. When was the last time he even brought her up?

This thing about the entire town being oh whatever, no big deal about the MOC is majorly boring. Really, not a single person is pissed off about it? I guess that will only get to be Sonny once he remembers. But the way things are going, someone suggested on Twitter that he would just say "cool" when he shows up. Why are they ignoring the soapy part of this story? YAWN.

And WTF with Sam grabbing Carly's hands and being like please let me know if I can do anything. Say what? I've given up on Sam having any kind of pulse but will someone please express some kind of emotion besides "oh yeah, makes sense I guess". GAH.

• Love 6

I guess Sam has no room to be outraged or angry at Jason for marrying Carly since they're not together anymore, but girl, at least show some dignity. That whole "talk" with Carly was so unnecessary. 

The only good thing about this MOC is that it's a total non event for everyone who hears about it. 

Also that brotherly kiss from Jason to Carly . . . HAWT! I'm sure a chaste duck kiss wasn't what Carly was after. But oh well! Can't win them all!

Oh, no! Poor Spinelli! Fuck Spinelli and the cow he rode on. How about poor Ellie for coming in second after the mob. You should understand that better than anyone, Sam. But of course, all Maxie seems to know is that Spinelli was dumped by Ellie and not the reason behind it.

With that said, stand your ground Sasha. Maybe you'll manage to save that moron.

Whatever personality Willow had has been flushed down the toilet in service of Michael and Wylie. Please, this show wants me to believe that Willow and Michael were showing Wylie pictures of grandma Nina? Give me a break!

DZ's legs are smoother than mine.

I could give a fuck about the Nixon Fails gang. Now Lenny has cancer. I'd care more if this wasn't all about Sonny and his box of man pain.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I haven't noticed enough to care and doubt it would make much difference in the storyline but do people actually believe that Jason/Carly are getting married for realsies because they want to, or do they know it's a MOC?

I thought Sam's little talk with Carly was her way of saying  I know it's a MOC, regardless of what I just said to my ex, and I'm willing to help you in your noble fight against the bad gangsters. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Spinelli knows it's a MOC. He still thinks it's a "perfect union". GAG.

• Love 2

The only thing I"m interested in is whether Brando will follow Spinelli down the "Mob over Family" path. Other than that, I just found today's episode unpleasant much of the time.

Carly is just so over-the-top smug at how she's winning and winning and winning the Jason sweepstakes. Willow is a doormat to not complain that Carly just drops by her house without calling to see Wiley.

Sam, it is Jason's fault that he didn't tell you that he's marrying Carly and even more that he didn't tell his sons.

Why is Mike in the middle of Lenny and Phyllis' relationship and medical crisis? At least the writers picked pancreatic cancer which moves fast and fatally.

I'm so tired of Sam/Dante and Curtis/Portia talking endlessly about a kiss, especially since I don't see chemistry in either pairing, not NAva-levels chemisty. This would be bad even for the CW.

Way to welcome a family member, Quartermaines. It's SOP for them but notable that not one single person in that wealthy, wealthy family thinks to welcome Austin or that he's there for anything but to scam them for money.

I feel like the show wants me to root for Carly/Jason, Nina/Mike and the Quartermaines and I'm rooting for all of them to blow up instead. Go Austin, go.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Sasha started on drugs because losing Michael was so devastating to her even though it was her idea. And who could blame her?🤢

• Love 6

Tired of Nixon Falls.  Do the writers, or the actor, think that because he won an Emmy for last year's dying father story, that lightening will strike twice?  Only now it's dying BFF (that he's only known for a few months). Borrrred......

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Way to welcome a family member, Quartermaines. It's SOP for them but notable that not one single person in that wealthy, wealthy family thinks to welcome Austin or that he's there for anything but to scam them for money.

To be fair - it's not like Austin came in and went all Hiya guys, glad to meetcha. and then we're faced with the whole "He's here to claim the pie." he showed up basically stating he wants the pie, and then said to Monica, that the pie = family to him. Austin may know the players but he's making zero effort to get to know the family and put them at ease that this is not just about the money/recognization for his dad.

which is why the show lacks so much nuance. If it were me. i would clearly have a clear line/divided in the sand. Hell if it were me, I would have said, irregardless if i lose the suit, i do want to be part of the family, get to know you however i feel this is the only way for me to get justice/peace/whatever for my dad I would think at least Monica and probably Ned would act a bit differently. Because then you'd have this really big tug/pull thing about wanting to get know Austin vs. wanting to protect Edward's last wishes (which is what BLQ also stated that's what she/they should do which Ned agreed), vs. doing what is right. But just going by what it is stated its simply wanting to protect Edward's wishes from someone who only thinks having stocks is being part of the family (which. No, because as pointed out TRACY has no stocks. which is what Monica should have slapped Austin with and been like maybe we can whip up some Pickle-Lila relish for you).

Emily/Lila would probably do that (welcome him anyway) I mean. but BLQ needs to be cautious in case he knows who she is (re: BaileyLou) or i feel she would be a bit more accommodating on the "family" side of the equation. 

29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sasha started on drugs because losing Michael was so devastating to her even though it was her idea. And who could blame her?

that is so sad. lol
i will also say from a storyline pov. it's kind of crazy that she is not doing NarcA or anything. Like she was hooked on drugs. that's never ever going to to go away now. but poof she's fine?

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

as pointed out TRACY has no stocks. which is what Monica should have slapped Austin with and been like maybe we can whip up some Pickle-Lila relish for you).

Even though Tracy has no stocks, she grew up in the family and fought and loved with them all her life so she knows she belongs. And her sons and granddaughter have shares. According to Ned on today's show all of Jimmy Lee's heirs are cut out of the will (a retcon) and no one contacted Jimmy Lee once he left town so there's no connection at all, they didn't even know of Austin's existence.

This story is a mess and I think it's because it's a way to give RoHo what he wants, a new character than Franco, but they didn't really think it through, just stuck him in there as an new Q.

16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

from a storyline pov. it's kind of crazy that she is not doing NarcA or anything. Like she was hooked on drugs. that's never ever going to to go away now. but poof she's fine?

She did go to some kind of therapy and didn't use again after her heart attack. I can kind of buy it, she only started using because of a situational thing. She's pregnant now and that's a powerful motivator to stay clean. If Sasha stays on the show, she might start using again.

• Love 4

I'm a day behind, and I could let the Thursday show pass without comment because it wasn't very eventful, but: 

Unintentional laugh at batshit Maxie offering to "talk sense into" Ellie. If there were a Port Charles sense graph, you'd have to zoom in to see the Maxie bar.  

I don't know what to make of that scene with Joey Novak, Brando, and Carly. Gladys was all "Good thing Brando was here. See, he is valuable! He kept you from having a mob kerfuffle at your fancy new pool." Frankly, Brando is less intimidating than Carly herself. What are we supposed to think, that Joey thought better of causing trouble because a guy who looks like a swimsuit model got in front of Carly and introduced himself as a relative of Sonny's? "I better not push the issue. There's a man with her." 

I know there's probably some real-world reason for it, with Max Gail not being on contract or recurring anymore, but it's perfect that when triggered by a hat that looked like his dad's, Sonny heard his own words in his head. And he was saying something that made him look good and noble. Even when he doesn't have many memories, the selective ones are flattering.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Even though Tracy has no stocks, she grew up in the family and fought and loved with them all her life so she knows she belongs. And her sons and granddaughter have shares. According to Ned on today's show all of Jimmy Lee's heirs are cut out of the will (a retcon) and no one contacted Jimmy Lee once he left town so there's no connection at all, they didn't even know of Austin's existence.

This story is a mess and I think it's because it's a way to give RoHo what he wants, a new character than Franco, but they didn't really think it through, just stuck him in there as an new Q.

Was it the show, or was it here - but someone pointed out today that Jimmy Lee took a buncho money from Edward. So Edward's like you got 20m. so kick rocks now.

Like.. i agree with you. it's sort of like. they know all the historical bits - (ie: Jimmy Lee did a bunch of crap against Edward so duh he'd be disinherited) - I was gonna say the illegitmate thing but i mean he loved Justus and Maya so. that wasn't it.  - but they don't have the story bits. 

I guess the thing is - Tracy was kicked out twice from the family, and she came back and fought her way back into it. so even if they had a throw away line about JLH trying and Edward not having any of it it would even work. It was basically. Jimmy Lee and Celia left town and no one even ever gave us another thought boohoohoo So JUSTICE! *cue superhero pose*.  Did JLH even try to get back into the family? or was it just a (from Austin's POV). "well they hate me, why why why?"

Like i said before, I think this storyline would have made a lot more sense had this been AJ's kid (because Monica would have known about them) and they chose to vote for Valentine then cue a Q battle royal because AJ's kid has zero loyalties to Ned (always calling AJ junior, and undercutting him all the time), BLQ (simply not growing up with cousin dearest), and loathes Michael because of well. everything. they didn't need to claim the ELQ stocks (or even bothered questioning Michael getting AJ's bit because their other grandparents wanted to keep them safe from whatever crap Sonny might do to them etc), but now they are older - or just wants to screw with Michael/Ned, and "show time!" And there would be no "Wait is this even possible? do we have to go to court?" because  it's AJ's kid so there's no doubt in anyone's mind (including the will) that AJ's kid has rights.  

it being a Holt and how they are portraying it right now.... like. the only reason why i would want Austin to win is because I hate Michael. (and Michael isn't even going to lose because he doesn't want to be CEO). But I don't want Austin to win because in my mind he just wants the money/stocks. He keeps saying he wants to be part of the family - but he's not making any moves to actually get them to like them, be part of the family or any of that jazz. he wants financial aspects of the family, - but not the people part. and that doesn't sit well with me. and like i said before, it takes one line. if he just says tomorrow, "even if I lose i want to be an acknowledged member of the family, i want Thanksgiving pizzas and all the fights, and everything." it would do a lot to change my mind. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I guess the thing is - Tracy was kicked out twice from the family, and she came back and fought her way back into it. so even if they had a throw away line about JLH trying and Edward not having any of it it would even work. It was basically. Jimmy Lee and Celia left town and no one even ever gave us another thought boohoohoo So JUSTICE! *cue superhero pose*.  Did JLH even try to get back into the family? or was it just a (from Austin's POV). "well they hate me, why why why?"

I don't really remember Jimmy Lee leaving on bad terms with Edward.  I can see if he stole money (which I don't remember, but I completely believe) that Edward would consider that his inheritance.  But, I think he was living in the gate house still when he left.  He was in on the whole Alan faking his death plot.  He just got married and moved away, and then I guess he decided to cut ties, or maybe communication just fell off after a time.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't really remember Jimmy Lee leaving on bad terms with Edward.  I can see if he stole money (which I don't remember, but I completely believe) that Edward would consider that his inheritance.  But, I think he was living in the gate house still when he left.  He was in on the whole Alan faking his death plot.  He just got married and moved away, and then I guess he decided to cut ties, or maybe communication just fell off after a time.

I guess we'll learn more during the trial or something. 

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm finding it kind of interesting (and funny) that most of PC doesn't think it's a MOC between Jason and Carly, which just shows how strong the idea is that Carly has been pining for him. I know it's a plot point, but someone like Sam should be able to see through it. On the other hand, she is a dunce.

I can't believe we're going to have more conversations about another kiss. Are all of the writers 13 years old?

Carly absolutely wants to marry Jason, and people can see that. I interpreted that Sam picked up on that Jason has reasons for this marriage, but not romantic love.

Same.  It seems like it!

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Today's Episode

the two dumbos are like "but we don't have timmeeeee, we can just charmmm him." Man. if we ever needed Tracy on scene now would be the time. 

Hospital

. the need for Michael to lose is combating with the need for this guy to shut the hell up. 

Yeah okay. I'm not team Austin on this. . he basically thinks Stocks = family? Kick a rock dude. Honestly if it were me, if that's legit all he wants. I would give him 0.5 percent. see how he reacts. .

New York City

Oh, Valentine does recognize the name Phyllis.  Oh sut up Phyllis. You're only saying that because you want to pimp Nina and Mike together

Michael is a dumbo, and I want him to lose here because he said NotFranco!Austin will "taint" the ELQ shares. Screw you, Michael - you don't think using your mob boss adopted daddy's last name "Corinthos" taints ELQs shares?! At least Austin is a doctor, which is a Q Family thing.

Phyllis was so rude to Valentin, ugh.  Nurse Phyllis totally wants Nina to forget him as well as Jax, to be with amnesiac Mike who had a wedding ring on when Phyllis met him.

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Look, I'm thrilled that Sam and Jason broke up, but in what world would she be happy that Jason and Carly are getting married and offering help?? At least she had dialogue that she knew finally where Jason/Carly stood with each other, first ahead of everyone else, but,

Because Jason does not look like he has feelings for Carly and he chose his words carefully, so she believes the reason is that Carly and/or Sonny and Jason's bizness is in some kind of trouble. (She remembers how Jason acted when he did have feelings for someone - Elizabeth - and it wasn't like this.)

2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I watched the Floating Rib explosion scenes, and I saw how devastated Dante was about Lulu, right when it happened. Then it was like it never happened. They haven't even discussed Lulu in months. When was the last time he even brought her up?

And WTF with Sam grabbing Carly's hands and being like please let me know if I can do anything. Say what? I've given up on Sam having any kind of pulse but will someone please express some kind of emotion besides "oh yeah, makes sense I guess". GAH.

Dante called the Facility on Maxie and Peter's (non) wedding day that aired in March, had someone hold the phone up to Lulu's ear, and talked about how they all missed her. 

I think she was trying to tell Carly she understands (from what Jason just said) that this a MoC with reasons, whatever trouble is going on let me know if I can help.  Carly's glistening eyes look IMO means she is hurt and sad that Sam believes it's a MoC and there's not a chance Jason has romantic feelings for her.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I guess Sam has no room to be outraged or angry at Jason for marrying Carly since they're not together anymore, but girl, at least show some dignity. That whole "talk" with Carly was so unnecessary. 

The only good thing about this MOC is that it's a total non event for everyone who hears about it. 

Also that brotherly kiss from Jason to Carly . . . HAWT! I'm sure a chaste duck kiss wasn't what Carly was after.

That talk wasn't about dignity; it was showing that Carly is not her enemy and also that Carly is so pathetic that Jason has to marry her to save her butt from the 5 Families. 

1 hour ago, rur said:

I thought Sam's little talk with Carly was her way of saying  I know it's a MOC, regardless of what I just said to my ex, and I'm willing to help you in your noble fight against the bad gangsters. 

Yup.  I liked that Sam's attitude toward Jason s fine, get married for whatever reasons, you always put Carly first anyway, but it is your responsibility to tell our son that you're marrying Carly.

I laughed that suddenly after a blink-and-you-miss-it conversation with Monica, Jason tells NotFranco!Austin that he cares about his Quartermaine Family and ELQ because they care about it, and will protect them, all the while looking at Austin like he's as untrustworthy as (dead) Peter.  i also laughed that he said it when NotFranco!Austin pointed out they're alike in both being illegitimate grandsons of Edward. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I know it's been a while since we've worked at creating t-shirts, but the above comment inspired me -- since in many ways it's what we've been saying for years: 

General Hospital: They really didn't think it through.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I hope Carly is charging admission to the pool for all the locals not hotel guests.

Austin didn't come in wanting to be family. He came in wanting stock and ELQ.  Jason not being a fan means Austin is bad news. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I get that the town is over Jason and Carly so they're all having a non-reaction. It does make for extremely boring soap though. And that is my number one no in plotlines.

By the way, all this Austin and Q stuff? Extremely boring too.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 3

If I was staying at the Metro Court, I would be pissed that I couldn't get a lounge by the pool cuz a bunch of non-guests were using them all! 

I don't mean to be cruel, and I do find him handsome much of the time, but RoHo's ears are not buzz-cut ears. 

Dear GH, I don't care if you re-run Sam and Dante's kiss 1,000 times, it won't convince me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

So Jason cares about his family, and he was referring to the Qs. Since when? 

I’m so far beyond over the whole Nixon Falls story, snd by extension Lenny snd Phyllis. I’m sorry Lenny is dying but really, am I supposed to be in tears about it? He’s a nothing character in a nothing story. I have no emotional interest in him or Phyllis. They’re just non entities in the grand scheme of things. And MB thinks this is ‘beautiful.’  Not sure if he’s referring to his acting or the story. Probably both. 🙄

Dante and Sam keep reliving the kiss, snd that means the viewers are also subjected to it. The writers really do hate us, don’t they? News flash: no matter how many times you show flashbacks of them kissing, I still won’t like it. Sorry but in this instance resistance is NOT futile.

Good on Sasha for laying down the law with Brando and saying that if he wants to be in the mob he’ll have no place in the baby’s life. 

Nina is crying about Smike. really? Just go back to Nixon Falls and stay there with your amnesiac boyfriend. But please do it off screen so I don’t have to be subjected to it.

Austin is an ass but I have to admit I like the way RoHo is Playing it.  No OTT expressions, just quiet determination and resentment. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

What are we supposed to think, that Joey thought better of causing trouble because a guy who looks like a swimsuit model got in front of Carly and introduced himself as a relative of Sonny's? "I better not push the issue. There's a man with her." 

It really came across that way, didn't it? And the way Carly described it to Jason also made it sound as if Joey was thisclose to getting physical with Carly and Brando was the only thing that stopped it. Gross.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

i also laughed that he said it when NotFranco!Austin pointed out they're alike in both being illegitimate grandsons of Edward. 

I enjoyed that, too, and I forgot to mention I laughed when Olivia called him a bastard son and then said, "No judgement! I had two sons out of wedlock!"

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So Jason cares about his family, and he was referring to the Qs. Since when? 

I was wondering that also. Jason hated all things Quartermaine.  He hated everyone especially Edward and Alan. He was good with Lila, Emily and Justus.

Michael doesn't count. 

• Love 2

Jason has evolved somewhat when it comes to the Qs. He doesn't disown them the way he used to, but he also doesn't go out of his way to join the family gatherings. It's been more than 30 years since the accident. There should be some softening.

• Love 3

Lenny tells Phyllis he has cancer and the first thing she does is...hug Sonny?  Oh, do fuck off with Smike the Great White Savior, show. 

Having said that, it's hard to feel super sorry for Phyllis because a. we have no history with her and b. she's rude to anyone she decides is standing in the way of the ~great romance between Mike and Nina.  One saving grace of her snotty tone to Valentin today is he doesn't let that sort of thing bother him. 

Man, Carly today really lit up when Jason kissed her on the cheek.  No matter what she claims, this MOC is very real for her.  Also, how long to Willow can't stand her and her buttinsky ways?  Oh, what am I saying--Willow's a doormat.

I'm already bored with the Austin-is-a-Q storyline.  Between Dumb and Dumber Ned and Michael being all "let's kill him with kindness!" and Austin just wanting everyone to really, really like him?  Pass. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 7/15/2021 at 3:37 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Curtis went from being one of my favorite characters to me just wanting off him off my screen. Hey, Curtis, she said no. She doesn't want to explore a relationship, she wants things to go back to what they were. What's so hard to understand? 

Thing is, it seems the writers were trying to grant the actor's wish of making Curtis "the Black Luke Spencer," meaning the cool one circa 1979-1985. Everything was lining up, the PI-business, then the Club (still don't see why he can't do both) and now, what exactly???  Wondering around, pining after Portia and having redundant, daily conversations? Really disappointing.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Thing is, it seems the writers were trying to grant the actor's wish of making Curtis "the Black Luke Spencer," meaning the cool one circa 1979-1985. Everything was lining up, the PI-business, then the Club (still don't see why he can't do both) and now, what exactly???  Wondering around, pining after Portia and having redundant, daily conversations? Really disappointing.

Yeah. It was heading for Black Luke Spencer and it took a wrong turn at Black Mac Scorpio. Pretty nice guy, everybody likes him, a little on the bland side, law-enforcement background, transitioned to running a local business, and just wanders aimlessly through C-plot land. I hope Curtis gets some of his edge back.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

when NotFranco!Austin pointed out they're alike in both being illegitimate grandsons of Edward. 

Technically Jason is the illegitimate son of a legitimate son while Austin is the legitimate son of an illegitimate son.

Am I supposed to like Monica more because she trashed her husband and the only Quartermaines she liked were Lila and Annabelle? (Personally I hated how Lila fawned over Brenda to the exclusion of her actual family members like AJ and Skye.) Unfortunate writing given Stuart Damon's death.

So Austin comes into town and announces that he's a member of the family with documents proving it. Michael wants to get rid of him, Ned wants to fake being nice until they figure out how to get rid of him, Brook Lynn wants to pay him to get lost and Monica is just straight up rude. I'd be wanting to crush them myself.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

The only thing I enjoyed about today’s show was seeing the pictures of Steve, Rick, Tony, Gail, Alan, Amy, and Jessi.

The family knew Jimmy Lee, so hearing Ned repeatedly referring to him as Jimmy Lee Holt was irritating. All I remember of Jimmy Lee’s last scene was him marrying Charity, swinging her in his arms and fade to black. It took me aback because I kept thinking, huh? What about Alan?

Of course, he had that incesty relationship with Celia; then had a thing with Monica’s cousin; then Celia again.

Phyllis can just go away now, the wench. She knows Jack shit. And Nixon Falls which was a vacation is now Nina’s home? Did she find an apartment or is she still living at the ALWAYS EMPTY BAR?

Yeah, right, you lying SheBeast. Lightning should have struck her down when she said she didn’t want to stop or come between Wiley and someone who makes him smile. She did that very thing the first time Wiley and Nina were spending time together! Telling her wuss of a son it was past Wiley’s bedtime.

She’s just smug and can think of nothing but her marrying Jaysus. And they’re going around town telling everyone it’s Wuuuuuuv, yet Jason acts as if he can’t stand to be in the same room with her. While she’s flashing her ring and flipping her hair so people can see the “rock” he gave her.

And that pool is TOTALLY indoors! You can see the carpet and doors! And windows! 🌞 my ass.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Technically Jason is the illegitimate son of a legitimate son while Austin is the legitimate son of an illegitimate son.

Am I supposed to like Monica more because she trashed her husband and the only Quartermaines she liked were Lila and Annabelle? (Personally I hated how Lila fawned over Brenda to the exclusion of her actual family members like AJ and Skye.) Unfortunate writing given Stuart Damon's death.

So Austin comes into town and announces that he's a member of the family with documents proving it. Michael wants to get rid of him, Ned wants to fake being nice until they figure out how to get rid of him, Brook Lynn wants to pay him to get lost and Monica is just straight up rude. I'd be wanting to crush them myself.

again for me. i think it's just how he did it and himself insisting that he deserves things. 

I honestly believe had he just shown up, saying "Howdy." the reaction wouldn't be all "eliminate, eliminate." but he said "howdy, i want what's mine." that would put my back up too. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lenny tells Phyllis he has cancer and the first thing she does is...hug Sonny?  Oh, do fuck off with Smike the Great White Savior, show. 

Having said that, it's hard to feel super sorry for Phyllis because a. we have no history with her and b. she's rude to anyone she decides is standing in the way of the ~great romance between Mike and Nina.  One saving grace of her snotty tone to Valentin today is he doesn't let that sort of thing bother him. 

GH Team's likely reaction: "Hey, we're woke!! Smike is a Latino slash Greek Savior, thank you very much!!"

Totally agree about Phyllis.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

(Personally I hated how Lila fawned over Brenda to the exclusion of her actual family members like AJ and Skye.)

Skye wasn't actually family. She also came into their lives as an adult. 

Brenda knew Jason (and AJ?) in high school. She and Jason hung out together after getting dumped by Karen and Jagger, before Jason jumped in the car with drunk AJ and wound up brain damaged which was the birth of Jason Morgan.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Nixon Falls which was a vacation is now Nina’s home? Did she find an apartment or is she still living at the ALWAYS EMPTY BAR?

she didn’t want to stop or come between Wiley and someone who makes him smile.

She’s just smug and can think of nothing but her marrying Jaysus. And they’re going around town telling everyone it’s Wuuuuuuv, yet Jason acts as if he can’t stand to be in the same room with her. While she’s flashing her ring and flipping her hair so people can see the “rock” he gave her.

And that pool is TOTALLY indoors! You can see the carpet and doors! And windows! 🌞 my ass.

I had the same reaction to "Smike" asking Nina to come home. WTH? Did she actually get a home and a job there, and is keeping that a secret, too?  She spends 95% of her time in NF in the always empty bar with three people!

I assume that line from Carly just goes along with the stuff that Willow was spewing, as a set-up that Nina feels accepted in Wiley's life now - right before Carly and Michael turn against her hardcore because her "Smike" secret blows up.

Carly is the one trying to sell that they're in love. Jason is telling people "we've decided it's best for us" or "It has to be done." Carly is upset he's saying that, esp. to Britt, because it shows he's not in love with her nor is he trying to pretend he is.  

Did any characters say the pool is outdoors? I assumed it was the top floor/level of the Metrocourt, close to the roof. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Carly is the one trying to sell that they're in love. Jason is telling people "we've decided it's best for us" or "It has to be done." Carly is upset he's saying that, esp. to Britt, because it shows he's not in love with her nor is he trying to pretend he is.  

Did any characters say the pool is outdoors? I assumed it was the top floor/level of the Metrocourt, close to the roof. 

Plus Jason looks absolutely miserable 95% of the time he's with her. The look on his face today after the kiss, he looked like his favorite gun had been taken away.

I don't have a specific quote, but I know someone (again, sorry for my lousy memory) said in the last few scenes something about it being hot and was the sun too strong (maybe Brando said it to Sasha? understandable why I wouldn't remember their boring conversation). 

7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also that brotherly kiss from Jason to Carly . . . HAWT! I'm sure a chaste duck kiss wasn't what Carly was after. But oh well! Can't win them all!

25 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Plus Jason looks absolutely miserable 95% of the time he's with her. The look on his face today after the kiss, he looked like his favorite gun had been taken away. 

Not the type of kiss typically given to one's fiancee, either.  So I wonder if someone will observe that or another incident of it and start suspect that it is an MOC.  

8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I get that the town is over Jason and Carly so they're all having a non-reaction. It does make for extremely boring soap though. And that is my number one no in plotlines.

I bet the show wouldn't dare do this but they might as well play into Carly's clear, neon flashing red lights signals that she wants this to be a real marriage and make her increasingly unhinged at the fact that no one is reacting the way she wants them to, except maybe Britt. 

• Love 2

Here's my tweet from earlier:

Dear Diary:

Jason kissed me today. Okay it was on the cheek, but so what? That counts. My plan is finally falling into place! I want Avery to be the flower girl but I do not want that trash heap Ava at MY wedding. Note to self: book private couples massage for honeymoon. #GH

• LOL 13
9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I presumed it's supposed to be a rooftop pool.  But, honestly, none of the 'outdoor' sets ever look like they're outdoors, so I don't see the big deal with this being the same. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Did any characters say the pool is outdoors?

9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

but I know someone (again, sorry for my lousy memory) said in the last few scenes something about it being hot and was the sun too strong (maybe Brando said it to Sasha? understandable why I wouldn't remember their boring conversation). 

Yeah, it was Brando.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I’m so far beyond over the whole Nixon Falls story, snd by extension Lenny snd Phyllis. I’m sorry Lenny is dying but really, am I supposed to be in tears about it? He’s a nothing character in a nothing story. I have no emotional interest in him or Phyllis. They’re just non entities in the grand scheme of things. And MB thinks this is ‘beautiful.’  Not sure if he’s referring to his acting or the story. Probably both. 🙄

Given I could barely get through Mike's death last year because my mother had just passed (and then my dad passed 4 months later), I don't think I'm going to sit through another weepy death plus I don't care about the Nixon Falls storyline anyway, though I do like Phyllis in general

• Love 2

Lenny's death will probably be the catalyst to Sonny's memories coming back (because it always has to be about Sonny). Ugh, poor Lenny. As usual, not even a main player in his own story.

It would crack me up if Sonny got all of his memories back and was like, "What the hell am I doing in this two-bit town, and why is Nina looking at me with moony eyes?!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It would crack me up if Sonny got all of his memories back and was like, "What the hell am I doing in this two-bit town, and why is Nina looking at me with moony eyes?!"

The only way there's any sort of interesting payoff to all this is when Sonny gets his memory back and still struggles with his feelings towards Nina.  Otherwise, it's yet another Corinthii Win/Someone Loses storyline...which means, of course, that's exactly what will happen.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The only way there's any sort of interesting payoff to all this is when Sonny gets his memory back and still struggles with his feelings towards Nina.  Otherwise, it's yet another Corinthii Win/Someone Loses storyline...which means, of course, that's exactly what will happen.

I guess that's the thing. those feelings aren't going to go away. and theoretically (even though Nina is still freaking wrong in what she is doing) she did kinda ask Mike if he wanted to know who he was and he said no (not like that will be brought up in Nina's defense)

Sonny is perfect, the only things that can get him down are life events like Mike dying or his amnesia which is completely not his fault.  It doesn't matter how many times Nina might have asked him if he wanted to find out who he is and he said no, it will still be her fault.

I can't believe that there are people other than MB and Frank who like this stuff.

18 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Brenda knew Jason (and AJ?) in high school.

I know. But I still hated how Lila treated Brenda like a precious star while she joined in as the family dumped on AJ even when he was trying to do good or when Edward was being unfair to Tracy. The show acts like Lila was this amazing loving person and that's not what I saw on my screen. She was as bad as any other Quartermaine playing favourites.

• Love 4

When Sonny gets his memories back, one would think he might experience some inner-conflict about being a mobster, since he just lived a bunch of life hating corruption, seeing what a bad effect it had on the small town folk he has come to love, and actively fighting against Elijah! But that would be far too compelling for this boring ass show, so he will probably just go from being the hero of Nixon Falls back to being the hero of PC with no self-reflection about being a mobster. The story will just be about how to put Sonny back in charge and back with Carly. YAWN! I hope they surprise me.

• Love 8