Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I agree about the teen scene on this show being way too chaste. Back in the 90’s (when I was also a teen) things were a lot more risqué and also a lot more realistic. They also dealt with big issues like abortions (Lulu) and rape (Liz). They don’t need to go quite that far if the actors are uncomfortable but yeah, the middle aged get more action than these supposed horny teenagers. That said, I think both Joss and Trina looked cute at the pool and I saw nothing wrong with Joss’ swimsuit. 

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

think Sean should be released. He's served more time than most criminals on this show, but I wish they'd drop this Hayden stuff. Hayden knew who shot her. She married the man who shot her! It's really hard for me to care knowing that. And Sean was trying to kill someone else that same day. I don't want some lame storyline w/Nikolas going to jail. I'm sorry. I just don't want to see that. On a show full of criminals, it's hard for me to care when some get away w/their crimes. This needs to stay buried like all the other crimes committed on this show. 

I really hate that it’s all rainbows and butterflies for Shawn who is a criminal (Laura and her teary smile ugh, spare me). But hey, he’s nice to look at so he can stay if he must, and I agree the Hayden stuff has got to go. I’ve said this so many times but even though Hayden left for perfectly legitimate reasons, her lack of a plan or any way to keep track of when it was safe to come back is just insane. She basically resigned herself to never seeing her kid again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

JMB was born in 1983.  She started as Lulu in 2005 when she was 22 and the abortion was a year or so after that, so not a teen thought i'm not sure how old Lulu was supposed to be.  

Lulu was SORAS'd to 15 when Julie Berman was cast as Lulu.

• Useful 1

Oh, Shawn the criminal and thug for the mob has been freed from jail. So what is he going to do for money now? Go back to Kelly's or go back to the coffee importing bidness?

This whole attempt at social justice falls by the wayside when the person is a criminal. Jason had nothing to do with Franco's murder, but his dumbass should be in a jail cell.

I thought that today was the Spencer actor's best day in terms of acting. I thought he came off more natural in his scenes with Trina when they were sitting down, than when he was trying to impress her and trying to be all aristocratic, both with her and his father. Maybe he should try to make Spencer his own rather than falling into the trap of being the same Spencer the other actor was portraying. That said, I hope that Trina does drag Spencer's ass when she finds out the whole truth.

Nikolas and his fake smile at Shawn being freed was not not funny.

Dear Joss. You have a boyfriend, go hold hands with him or make out in some dark corner instead of being noisy. The fuck do you care what Trina and Spencer are talking about?

Molly and TJ are the most boring couple out there. I'm glad they love each other and are drama free, but if I hear domestic partner one more time and you guys see a disembodied hand in the TV throttling both of them, it's me. But being that boring should be a sin.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

No J/C/S/"Smike" and no Michael or even a mention of Wiley  = an episode worth watching.

We’ve been on the barge for a couple of months now (with everything you cite a reason why) so it’s ironic that we saw today’s full “worth watching” episode.  Based on that we may have thought things had moved along, but alas we caught a few minutes yesterday to know that Nixon Falls and all things Wiley are still going strong.  

Spencer/Nik/Ava and the Peter mystery (sans, of course, Peter himself) seem to have some promise.  I’d like to see Ava and Trina team up to figure out Spencer’s shadiness, but then I’d like a lot of things from this show….

Edited by mbluecpa
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Oh, Shawn the criminal and thug for the mob has been freed from jail. So what is he going to do for money now? Go back to Kelly's or go back to the coffee importing bidness?

"Model prisoner," my ass.  Just a couple months ago he was still full-on mob flunky helping Carly by stabbing Jason.

Josslyn is such a nosy buttinsky just like her mother.  I don't trust that she won't like Trina and Spencer getting close because she wants all his attention.

The Finn/Elizabeth cheering/talking murder scenes were hilarious.  Both ME and RH did a great job with them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The Finn/Elizabeth cheering/talking murder scenes were hilarious.  Both ME and RH did a great job with them.

yes, brought back memories. NOT of murder I mean, but of going to kids sports and having to be the parent that brought the snacks (ugh I hated that!!). One of the only times I took my son to his hockey game because my husband was out of town, he didn't tell me that it was our turn to bring the snacks. OMG! You would think I cancelled Christmas, the looks other parents gave me, geez! Anyways....little Violet's hair is sure long!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Wasn't he doing tutoring, too?  I thought he had something to do with teaching, but I'm not sure if I have the correct character.

2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Wasn't he doing tutoring, too?  I thought he had something to do with teaching, but I'm not sure if I have the correct character.

Yes; he was a chemistry teacher; is a vet; supposedly a good one, until it was revealed he killed TJ's father. But it was self-defense, right? Then he worked at Kelly's. But all that was too dull and boring, so he became Mooby's flunky. Because that be where the action be at! Then, while in jail, he became Renault's flunky; that is, he was workin' with Cyrus' people. Until he wasn't.

But let's just forget about all that. Because JUSTICE! Whatthefuckever.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

What was Elizabeth wearing today in the park? The top and jeans were awful.

Another dud ending to a dud story. Shawn goes free and Alexis goes to Club Fed. Way to make a strong social statement, GH. 

"Something doesn't add up." No shit, Anna. Good lord, it's taking way too long for this part of the story to get moving. 

But no Nixon Falls nonsense, so it's a win on that count.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes; he was a chemistry teacher; is a vet; supposedly a good one, until it was revealed he killed TJ's father. But it was self-defense, right?

If I remember correctly. Shawn and Tom Ashford were best friends and soldier buddies. Shawn and Jordan had an affair. Shawn and Tom got deployed. Curtis found out what Jordan did with Shawn and told his brother Tom (in a letter maybe). Tom tried to kill Shawn (or really himself) and Shawn forced to kill him in self-defense.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 7/16/2021 at 9:51 AM, dubbel zout said:

They seem more like Gladys's intentions—Brando appears totally happy working in the garage. He needs to lay down the law with her meddling. I liked Gladys when she was putting the screws into Sonny for more money to keep the stupid Dev secret, but now she's just another very unpleasant character. (No fault of the actor, though.)

As long as Gladys continues to make Carly's head explode, she has a place in my heart. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Hey, Curtis/Portia and Dante had the same conversation about Dante's kiss with Sam. Maybe there is something about that pool set that makes everyone talk like 14 year olds.

The actors may be barely 18 but I don't see why the story can't be more interesting as long as they don't have to act out a rape or other very mature action. Now that Cam is going to PCU too, there isn't even the "how will we manage a long distance relationship?" aspect. They are behaving more like tweens than college age adults.

Yes, Curtis/Portia dwelling so much on their kiss, and Dante dwelling on the kiss with Sam while talking to Chase, is stupid. Speaking of, Chase was talking about his happiness with Willow.  Dante didn't seem to react like he knew it's a lie - did the writers and DZ forget that Michael told Dante he and Willow were officially together, and Willow had gone out to break up with Chase (and then didn't)?

I assume the writers label "kidnapped then kissed" "blown up in a bar" etc. as more interesting, plus Cam and Joss got drunk at the Halloween party/dance on the Haunted Star because they wanted to feel "normal" after the traumas they had been through.

8 hours ago, nilyank said:

They are all virgins and none of them seem to be interested in changing that status. Which is perfectly fine but realistically most if not all of them would have been already having sex. Right now, kissing seems to be like the biggest deal in their lives.

I got the impression that Cam and Joss were thinking about their first kiss(es) upon deciding they want to be together was because it was a big deal for them since it had been building up for years - starting before Joss and Oscar were even a couple. Joss was holding hands with Cam and enjoying the feeling of Cam touching her body, putting sunscreen on her. It's the first time any guy has been touching her since Oscar was dying. She's thankfully not thinking of him/mourning him anymore.

8 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Jocelyn would be the most likely candidate because she was in a steady relationship with a dying boyfriend. I like that none of them are in a hurry to lose their virginities for the sake of it, but it seems they are doing preteen storylines for people that are adults. Considering how FV like to have random people hook up for the sake of hooking up, it is clear that the teen storylines are an afterthought.

Joss and Oscar had decided they wanted to lose their virginity together, when they knew he was dying. They were making out on a bed (Cam and Trina were hanging out in another room), when Oscar collapsed with a seizure and they called an ambulance. After that, Oscar needed constant care. She must have felt traumatized by that experience.  Assuming she and Cam decide they want to have sex, it should be written as a pretty significant moment. Joss has much more history with Cam than she ever had with Oscar, and this is Cam's first relationship.

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Trina, I had such hopes for you. But she forgave him too easily and  it seems like she's on her way to getting manipulated by Spencer. At least Joss shoved him in the pool I really don't get the point of making Spencer such a self-centred snob.

I really thought that they would sleep together before he died, it would have made sense even though they were only 15 or 16 years old.

I think Trina forgave him easily in part because she feels for him that he grew up without his mother, but also she gets a "lost soul" vibe from him as she told Joss.

They were going to sleep together. It didn't work out that way; see above. It was during the climax of the "Ryan took Kevin's place in Port Charles" story, when Ryan wanted Ava to run away with him to Canada.

5 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I agree about the teen scene on this show being way too chaste. 

Yes. Trina's only "romantic' experiences so far were the two brief, awkward looking kisses with Dev and then Cam. Cam and Joss have kissed a few times in the past, now recently, and he had that one very awkward/chaste kiss with Trina.

• Love 2

Good Grief. MiniSheBeast hangs out at the pool only to dip her legs for a nano minute and then leaves for physical therapy.

And Show can just miss me with Spencer acting as if MiniSheBeast was the object of his obsession affections when they were kids. It was Emma he wanted to win over Cam, as gross as that was-the storyline. MiniSheBeast was the child of the corn and not on either of the boys’ radar.

The casts for Alexis just keep getting bigger and bigger, and more ridiculous looking, don’t they?

• Love 10

Yes this a very "innocent" group of teens. I think the last time sex was talked about was when Oscar was alive. But you know they've all been through a lot in the past few years, with Oscar dying and people getting kidnapped, and others dying.

Back in the day you had Georgie and Dillon dating and wanting to have their first time together. Then he slept with that horrible girl Sage for some reason. Ha Then there was the Lulu incident and they were all still in high school. Maxie had her first time secretly recorded and going viral while she was a teen. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Crazy how this show even has to play act being woke by sanitizing the mob and the Corinthii.  

Maybe it would have been more woke to not devolve a guy who came on as a vet and science teacher into being a violent criminal, and act like that was somehow honorable or a natural career progression.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Love 10

Back in the 90’s (when I was also a teen) things were a lot more risqué and also a lot more realistic. They also dealt with big issues like abortions (Lulu) and rape (Liz). They don’t need to go quite that far if the actors are uncomfortable but yeah, the middle aged get more action than these supposed horny teenagers. That said, I think both Joss and Trina looked cute at the pool and I saw nothing wrong with Joss’ swimsuit. 

The show just doesn't have the money to invest in a full-fledged teen scene like it did in the 90's or even the early/mid-2000's.We never saw PC High with this current set, just like we'll never see PC U. I think it's hilarious that this current teen scene has never had more than 4 members, which is just not enough for the drama to bubble. The current teens have been pretty much there to further the adult storylines and they've really only had 2 independent storylines- Oscar's death and Dev trying to get Joss. (And then dying.)

It's also possible that because the actors were really underaged teenagers (and looked it) they decided to not go there, or the actors themselves didn't want to go there and the writers listened to them. There's a show called "Julie and the Phantoms" on Netflix and the lead of the show has flat out said that she's not going to kiss the guy that everyone thinks is her love interest because he's really 21 and she's really 16. Melissa Gilbert from Little House on the Prairie has said that she was super-uncomfortable having to kiss Dean Butler because she was 16 and he was 24 even though that was pretty close to the ages of the actual Almanzo and Laura Wilder when they got together. It's possible that the three were asked about what they were comfortable with portraying and all three didn't want to do a high school sex scene.

I also think they REALLY were hoping that Nicholas Betchel was going to get taller and they could start portraying Spencer as peers with with Joss and Cam again, but the guy just didn't develop that way. I'm convinced Dev was just there as a placeholder for Spencer in hopes that Nicholas Betchel was going to hit a growth spurt in time to send the kids off to college but alas, the kid looks he could still convincingly play a 13-year old. 

4 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Back in the day you had Georgie and Dillon dating and wanting to have their first time together. Then he slept with that horrible girl Sage for some reason. Ha Then there was the Lulu incident and they were all still in high school. Maxie had her first time secretly recorded and going viral while she was a teen. 

Didn't Dillon have to dress up like a girl and they had Ryan Carne's Lucas hit on DillonGirl to prove some point about sexism or something?  I think this was before Lucas realized he was gay but after the show realized that nobody wanted Lucas to have sex with his adopted first cousins. Honestly I think that's the reason why they added Dillon to begin with because they realized that storyline was falling flat and that Lindsey was a decent actress who deserved better than to simp for her cousin. (Who came out gay later anyway.) 

Scott Clifton's Dillon was such a fun character. Too bad Scott is stuck with his drippy Bold and Beautiful character. I'm convinced that GH started tanking his character because Scott was getting too popular and everything must always be about Sonny and Jason. I always thought the same thing was true of Chad Bannon/Xander and Rick Hearst.

I thought that today was the Spencer actor's best day in terms of acting. I thought he came off more natural in his scenes with Trina when they were sitting down, than when he was trying to impress her and trying to be all aristocratic, both with her and his father. Maybe he should try to make Spencer his own rather than falling into the trap of being the same Spencer the other actor was portraying. 

I liked that he was calling Cam "townie" in kind of an old, affectionate nod to their past. That was a nice little callback to the Spencer/Cam history without making me feel like they were trying to force them to have the same dynamic they had as kids, at least right away.

Anyway, what you're saying has me flashing back to when they switched to a different Nicholas after the end of Tyler Christopher's first run. Coltin Scott couldn't really play the "princely" aspect of Nikolas the same way Tyler could, but he managed to click when they paired him up with Gia.

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Show can just miss me with Spencer acting as if MiniSheBeast was the object of his obsession affections when they were kids. It was Emma he wanted to win over Cam, as gross as that was-the storyline. MiniSheBeast was the child of the corn and not on either of the boys’ radar.

The show desperately needs to SORAS Emma with an actress that can play 18 now but I can't imagine it going over that well. We really do need an 18-year old Emma, though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think it's hilarious that this current teen scene has never had more than 4 members, which is just not enough for the drama to bubble.

Exactly, it was the same problem with the Starr/Cole/Langston/Markko quad on OLTL.  They really need a schemer in this crew, preferably someone who thinks Joss sucks and wants to mess up her life.

• Love 6

I can understand Cam keeping his shirt on. I was checking his age and he only turned 18 last month, so perhaps not by the time the pool scene was filmed. (I also came across his most recent social media snap which is ... a shirtless pic, so I doubt the actor personally has an issue going shirtless.)

But what I found bizarre was Spencer keeping his shirt on after he got dunked. The actor's 21 and has already been shirtless on the show. And given how flirtatious he is with Trina, I could totally see him thinking (wrongly) that it could be a way to get her onside to keep his lie going.

If the show wanted to be in any way realistic, they would make at least one (or more) of the teens queer. Wasn't there some study recently which said more than half of their generation identify as something other than straight? Yet we've had no less than six teens (including Oscar and Dev) in this group and all of them are straight. God knows it would enliven Cam or Joss. They are just so white bread, and that's in spite of losing TWO of their friends. (I'm starting to think this show is deadly to teenage boys. Kiefer, Rafe Jr, Oscar, and Dev have all met their makers. Cam and TJ have done well to survive this long.)

Then again, they can't even write for their LGBT adults like Lucas, Terry or Kristina, so having one of the teens identify as LGBT would probably be the death knell for their airtime/story-driving potential as far as GH is concerned.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/20/2021 at 5:14 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I thought that today was the Spencer actor's best day in terms of acting. I thought he came off more natural in his scenes with Trina when they were sitting down, than when he was trying to impress her and trying to be all aristocratic, both with her and his father. Maybe he should try to make Spencer his own rather than falling into the trap of being the same Spencer the other actor was portraying.

Recast actors usually don't think in those terms, unless they're taking over from someone who is capital-I iconic. Like, Roger Moore probably was well acquainted with how Sean Connery had played James Bond. But I'd bet this kid Chavez knows less about how Nicolas Bechtel played Spencer than anyone here knows, unless he or some relative happened to be a GH viewer. I guess he could have scoured YouTube, but more likely he's been given a precis and he's taking direction. So if his Spencer is coming off like a smug and superior young adult of privilege, it's because they said "Act smug and superior" and there's all the stuff in the dialogue about boarding school, mansions, and royalty.  

When someone eventually does transform a character into a very different person from what the previous actor played, it's gradual and it's half the writers and half the actor. Yes, two actors can be very different even with the same kind of scene, but writers start writing to the strengths of the person they have, which may take a while to identify.

On a cancelled soap I used to watch, one of the main female characters just became a different person from one actress to the other. Actress #1 was very serious, someone you could imagine doing well in classical tragedy on the stage. Actress #2 was a natural comedienne...and she also had more glamorous looks. They were both good, but each was given things to play that the other would not have been as effective in. The character was an alcoholic struggling (sometimes failing) to stay sober, and the same writers took a completely different approach to that aspect of her. Actress #2 got scenes where she wore beautiful dresses to parties and told people off just before collapsing into the punch bowl, etc. Never would have happened pre-recast. Actress #1 would have been, you know, having seizures in a detox unit while hearing the voice of her son echoing in her head, saying he never wanted to see her again.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

It's also possible that because the actors were really underaged teenagers (and looked it) they decided to not go there, or the actors themselves didn't want to go there and the writers listened to them.

That’s true, the actors are actually teens now. Going back even further, I remember when Brenda, Karen, Jagger, and Jason were playing teens even though they all looked and actually were in their mid twenties. Sigh. I fucking lived for those teen summer stories. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think it's hilarious that this current teen scene has never had more than 4 members, which is just not enough for the drama to bubble.

Exactly, it was the same problem with the Starr/Cole/Langston/Markko quad on OLTL.  They really need a schemer in this crew, preferably someone who thinks Joss sucks and wants to mess up her life.

Be careful what you wish for. Isn't that how we got Hannah, a terrible character played by a good actor (Meghann Fahy)?

If there is a schemer, I'm sure the person whose life gets messed up won't be Joss, unfortunately. Cam will probably end up doing hard time for littering.

47 minutes ago, Aymery said:

this show is deadly to teenage boys. Kiefer, Rafe Jr, Oscar, and Dev have all met their makers

All of those are rightly dead, IMO.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

So they're really ignoring history with this Shawn trying to figure out who shot Hayden story. Sam knows, Drew knows, Liz knows, and Laura knows. And of course Hayden herself (not that I have any faith in her returning, but just so we're keeping score.) But even if you keep Drew and Hayden out of it since they aren't on canvas at the moment, that still leaves three major characters that already know. Why are they pretending otherwise? Do they think we're that stupid that nobody will remember? (don't answer that). Laura was in the damn scene yesterday. But all for the stupid Jake Doe secret, which seems an even more stupid reason to kill someone than Ava did to keep Julian's identity a secret.

And someone just confirmed to me that Curtis also knows. Incredible. He helped Hayden investigate the shooting (I miss that friendship). 

Just now, dubbel zout said:

Be careful what you wish for. Isn't that how we got Hannah, a terrible character played by a good actor (Meghann Fahy)?

Ah, I loved her. She indeed was a good actor, and she was gorgeous. But yeah, that story sucked.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh Hannah, what a mess.

And that's a good point as the schemer in the Maxie/Lucas/Georgie/Dillon era was Sage, who was also not good.

But these teens are just so boring, particularly Perfect Princess Joss.  Everyone thought they were too horny, but the best it's been done in years was Dani/Matthew/Destiny/Jeffrey on PP OLTL. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And that's a good point as the schemer in the Maxie/Lucas/Georgie/Dillon era was Sage, who was also not good.

They also had Diego at one point and then Lulu, who was only temporarily a schemer, before she got a Liz-esque heroine arc. I'm trying to remember what role Brook played during that teen scene. She was pretty drippy her first run and paired with Diego. It wasn't until she came back the second time that she was a schemer working for Carly.

(edited)
22 hours ago, Sake614 said:

And I guess Joss is supposed to be sexy now that she’s ‘dating Cam, but could that bikini top maybe cover just a little bit more of her? She legit looked like she was going to fall out of it any minute. 

Yeah, wardrobe consistently fails on this show. There's absolutely no reason for a small busted girl like Joss to be only seconds away from a wardrobe malfunction. Conversely, I too thought Trina looked nice in her swim ware.

In other news, can anyone remember a TJ/Molly scene over the last year that didn't include the term "domestic partners?" It's not even like the term is used that often IRL.

Hey Finn and Liz - Peter's been in that basement for awhile now. Unless you injected him with some embalming fluid old Henrik is probably pretty gamey right about now.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

In other news, can anyone remember a TJ/Molly scene over the last year that didn't include the term "domestic partners?" It's not even like the term is used that often IRL.

I know! It feels so self-conscious and nineties. Don't people just say "partner" if they're not married and don't want to use gendered terms like boyfriend/girlfriend?

• Love 7
(edited)

Saying "domestic partners" over and over again makes me think how rigid Molly is whethet it's about relationships (I still haven't got over her Jasam propping even as an adult) or social justice issues.

I was reading an article last night that said that going off to college is a vulnerable time for developing eating disorders and I thought that this is something the show could do with the teen set. I'd like Trina to stay sane and Cameron already has had enough troubles in his life but they coulld do it with Joss wrt volleyball stresses or with Nik  Spencerand the princely stuff. I'd rather see that than this pissy stuff with Ava.

11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

There's a show called "Julie and the Phantoms" on Netflix and the lead of the show has flat out said that she's not going to kiss the guy that everyone thinks is her love interest because he's really 21 and she's really 16. Melissa Gilbert from Little House on the Prairie has said that she was super-uncomfortable having to kiss Dean Butler because she was 16 and he was 24 even though that was pretty close to the ages of the actual Almanzo and Laura Wilder when they got together.

Interesting, and very cultural. When I was 18 I spent some time in Europe and the teen girls there had boyfriends in their late 20s because girls mature sooner.

Edited by statsgirl
Nik is not Spencer
49 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Hey Finn and Liz - Peter's been in that basement for awhile now. Unless you injected him with some embalming fluid old Henrik is probably pretty gamey right about now.

Isn't he in a freezer?

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Saying "domestic partners" over and over again makes me think how rigid Molly is whethet it's about relationships (I still haven't got over her Jasam propping even as an adult) or social justice issues.

Ugh, she's totally the type if they were randomly at a restaurant and the wait staff referenced TJ as her boyfriend or husband she'd feel the need to correct them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Don't people just say "partner" if they're not married and don't want to use gendered terms like boyfriend/girlfriend?

In this case, "domestic partners" has a specific legal definition. Molly and TJ went down to City Hall to register it, so they have most (if not all) of the benefits of being married—survivor rights, etc.—without the actual marriage. Good for them, but I don't want to hear about it every time they're mentioned or on screen. 

37 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Ugh, she's totally the type if they were randomly at a restaurant and the wait staff referenced TJ as her boyfriend or husband she'd feel the need to correct them.  

LOL. She really is. If they aren't careful, Molly is going to be one of those people you agree with but hate because of how she expresses her opinion. She gets fixated on the details and always has to correct people.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

was reading an article last night that said that going off to college is a vulnerable time for developing eating disorders and I thought that this is something the show could do with the teen set. I'd like Trina to stay sane and Cameron already has had enough troubles in his life but they could do it with Joss wrt volleyball stresses or with Nik and the princely stuff. I'd rather see that than this pissy stuff with Ava.

UGH. No thank you to any more traumas with that self absorbed, narcissistic wench.

I think you mean Spencer. And another hard PASS.

59 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Isn't he in a freezer?

Yup. While it is soapy, this sekrit between Elizabeth and Finn, they're also being so tunnel vision and selfish. Not once, not even ONCE, have they thought about or talked about how just letting Heinrik get freezer burn, how Maxie not knowing about this guy that she's terrified will come back or has taken her baby. Yeah, yeah, the latter not even, but they don't know that. And it wouldn't have the cops and inept Anna and Valentin continue the search for him.

And I understand from reading here, that original marble mouthed Spencer was a favorite, but disagree with the notion of 'too bad he didn't grow up" because except for Emma, Cam and MiniShebeast are recast/SORAS'd characters. The latter has been recast, what two times as a child before they SORAS'd her to teen?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

LOL, I don't think that's the case *at all.*  

1 minute ago, Melgaypet said:

I think GHScorpiosRule meant that Bechtel was a favorite with TPTB, specifically Frank Valentini.

Yes, that's what I meant. Apologies for not being more clear.

I think GHScorpiosRule meant that Bechtel was a favorite with TPTB, specifically Frank Valentini.

Yes, that's what I meant. Apologies for not being more clear.

Ah. yes, quite a different thing and yeah, Frank loved that kid, for reasons that will forever remain a mystery--or I should say he loved NB's portrayal of Spencer.  Maybe NB is a perfectly nice kid, but as an actor in that role?  Nyet, nada, the null set.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Ah. yes, quite a different thing and yeah, Frank loved that kid, for reasons that will forever remain a mystery--or I should say he loved NB's portrayal of Spencer.  Maybe NB is a perfectly nice kid, but as an actor in that role?  Nyet, nada, the null set.

On that we are in total agreement.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I was reading an article last night that said that going off to college is a vulnerable time for developing eating disorders and I thought that this is something the show could do with the teen set. I'd like Trina to stay sane and Cameron already has had enough troubles in his life but they could do it with Joss wrt volleyball stresses or with Nik and the princely stuff. I'd rather see that than this pissy stuff with Ava.

Agreed.  Forever ago, I mentioned a body dysmorphia story they did with one of the male teens on UK soap "Hollyoaks" and that it'd be a fresh, modern thing for a US soap to try.

But given how bad this show does topical - i.e. the just-wrapped Shawn story - maybe best they steer clear.

• Love 3

Willow, take it from me, you are inadequate. "How long can I ask you to keep waiting for me?"  Especially since Michael's been handed everything on a silver platter (sterling, not plated). Geez, these two are another set of tween lovers. Chase deserves better.

Sasha not telling Michael the reason she didn't want Brando around because he was tied to Michael's mob family was a glaring omission.

Was the Stella scene a gift to Vernee before she heads back to Bob ❤️ s Abishola?

I've never liked Curtis so much as when he was talking to Brando.

The Spencer/Britt scenes were cute but I'm not enjoying Spencer manipulating people

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not once, not even ONCE, have they thought about or talked about how just letting Heinrik get freezer burn, how Maxie not knowing about this guy that she's terrified will come back or has taken her baby. Yeah, yeah, the latter not even, but they don't know that. And it wouldn't have the cops and inept Anna and Valentin continue the search for him.

The original reason for not telling the cops, that they would take Finn away from finding a cure for Chase, no longer applies. But how would they explain it now? They would both be charged.

• Love 4

...Does anything even happen on this show anymore? I think we're officially in the summer doldrums because all these stories are making me drowsy as fuck. Spencer half-heartedly matchmaking and Portia wringing her hands over Curtis today was not the least bit interesting. Stella tearing Shawn a new one was lively, I'll give her that, but yelling at people is kind of her gig so it didn't make that huge a impact. And congrats to Chase for standing on his own but I'd care more if he knew the truth about Willow and was using his feet to get the hell away from her.

The thing is, GH has like seven major secrets on the stove currently and none of them are close to boiling or even slightly simmering. Stuff's unbearably stagnant and it's definitely past time to get some forward momentum going somewhere, 'cause this ain't cutting it.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The original reason for not telling the cops, that they would take Finn away from finding a cure for Chase, no longer applies. But how would they explain it now? They would both be charged.

They could go to the basement for reasons and "discover" the body.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Backing up to yesterday...

Trina: Who's this annoying Spencer you guys are talking about?

Cameron: He's an old friend, friend might be stretching it.

Me: ...he's your cousin, which you know since you referred to your in-common grandma earlier in the episode.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Today on Paraphrase Hospital:

Trina:  Victor's a lying liar who lies, but I like him

Ava;  Be careful of the bad boys.

Spencer:  Now that they're gtting divorced, the gifts have stopped so it's all good

Britt:  Okie dokie

Me:  Why is no one hearing these clues he's dropping

Spencer:  Hey dad come join me at the pool, oopsie Britt's here too.  Talk amongst yourselves

Britt/Nik:  Uh matchmaker much

Spinelli  Whoa is me, Ellie left me because I love Jason more than her

Brando:  Hhm, women don't like men in the mob?

Curtis:  Sasha's telling you not to be a dumbass

Brando:  Thanks for the advice.

Nikolas:  Jordan what are you doing to find Ava's stalker

Jordan:  Mind your beeswax and stay out of the investigation

Stella: YOU ARE SHAWN BUTLER AND YOU KILLED MY THOMAS YOU TERRIBLE MAN AND NOW HE'S NOT HERE FOR HIS SON

Shawn:  Uh, TJ's my son and Thomas tried to kill me, so I shot first.

Stella:  You slept with Jordan and betrayed your friendship with Thomas

Shawn:  Well, there's that

Terri:  Let's go to the new club for girl's night

Portia:  <uncomfortable, might have swallowed a rotten fish>  Tells history of Curtis and the kiss

Terri:  Meh, let's go

Portia: Mkay

Chase <fails once in therapy to get up>  I give up.  I am a burden to you.  i'm the worst

Willow:  don't think that way, it will be fine, it's all good, molly sue ray of sunshine

Chase:  this sucks, and sucks and sucks some more

Chase:  what is Willow keeping from me

Sasha:  Nothing.  Nope, Niet, not a single solitary thing.  be nicer to Willow

Chase: ok

Willow:  Chase was a big ole meanie and I can't be with you

Eyeore:  I am pained, as you can clearly see by this one and only expression on my face, ever.  But I will stick by you and wait like the noble one that I am.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She's a Karen-in-Waiting!

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But given how bad this show does topical - i.e. the just-wrapped Shawn story - maybe best they steer clear.

They did that cutting edge story in the 90's about strip malls destroying Nixon Falls...or something, I didn't really pay attention to it.  They do know that strip malls were destroyed by mega-chains, which were then destroyed by Walmart and finished off by Amazon, right?

Edited by Lugal
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I didn't like Britt's swimsuit top at all. 

Curtis in his suit? Rowr.

They got Terry into the opening credit photos, but they could never manage Jeff Kober? Boo.

The Sasha really ignored the elephant in the room talking to Michael, didn't she?

Stella popping off on Shawn was pretty funny, if also pretty pointless. Tommy's been dead for how long? And Shawn was in jail, even if it wasn't for that.

Why is Michael acting as if he had no input in whether Willow married Chase? You were all in, dude, so stop pretending you're being all noble for letting her stay with him. Shut up, Michael. Ugh, this story is awful.

• Love 9

Ava's body guard is cute. As is Curtis' bartender. Wow they even gave Chase's physical therapist some lines. That guy has an early Stephen Webber vibe. (Not the hunky one, the one with the curly hair who dated Carly.) And lots of extras at the pool and bar lately. Did the show win the lottery or something?!

I assume Chase being able to stand (for Willow!) signals the beginning of the offensive upcoming story line wherein he pretends he can't use his legs to keep Willow. On his behalf, I am pre-enraged!   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

The Britt/Spencer scenes were cute, I liked that they could be playful with each other, but that Britt was still able to give him some decent, mature advice.  And her "...ugh" reaction when Nikolas first showed up was pretty amusing.

Though...Britt, sweetie, why are you putting money in Carly's pocket by patronizing the pool?

Jordan (re: Molly and TJ): They both keep pretty busy schedules, I doubt you'll see them much.

Me: Message received, Jordan, back off-screen Molly and TJ go!  

Shawn waxing on about bringing Rebecca Budig's attempted murderer to justice when he was frameable because HE WAS THERE TO ALSO ATTEMPT TO MURDER SOMEONE was just so insane.

Are we supposed to feel bad for Spinelli that Ellie dumped him being a mob lackey that put himself and probably her in danger with his actions?  As if! 

Curtis' club is having its big opening night...while Ava and Trina are having iced coffees in a sunny park?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I will never forget the live episode that literally ended with Nicholas Betchel just running around a room because they had finished the dialogue and just thought it'd be adorable to have the little prince run around his kingdom. That kid was LOVED by the Powers That Be.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1