Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I guess we'll have to see if there's an actual signed/notarized document stating as such, otherwise Ned's just bloviating.  

Yeah. very true. 
I am going to have to imagine that they're gonna amend that so it does say it and like driver keeps pointing out maybe Austin argues that no matter what JLH did, it shouldn't result in him getting nothing (see Jason etc). 

They are very lucky i am not a judge in port charles. I'd tell them to go kick rocks.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did the reading of the will mention how Jimmy Lee and his children were to receive nothing?

Honestly asking since I didn't really pay much attention to that.

It did not. Diane was the attorney and, with multiple interruptions and complaints from Tracy, managed to get the entire will read including where Edward left money to PBS (haha). Then at the end, Diane presented Tracy with a box containing Lila's Pickle Relish. That was it.

• Love 1

Today's Show

Metrocourt Pool

Looks nice and bright... but is this supposed to be like a country club pool or something? Aren't hotel pools supposed to be for hotel guests? 
Gladys (who is now blonde, it looks nice on her). and Brando are kvetching about Sasha (yawn). I just have to wonder, how much money do people want us to believe this coffee company is making? Is Corinthos Coffee like Starbucks in Port Charles land?  Why does Gladys want her kid to be in the mob? (So i hope Brando dies)

Who is that guy?. oh Joey Novak. (also Carly. he's clearly there to enjoy the pool lol....okay he's there to threaten her). 

Curtis, respect Portia's decision. actually, you whiney baby. all Portia said we should go slow and she didn't want to be a rebound.

New York City
Lenny, Phyllis Mike: don't care. DO NOT CARE. 
okay seeing a hat like Mike's makes memories appear, but looking at his wedding ring doesn't do anything? hahahahahahahaa suck it Carly

Anna is being very moody. Valentine is being swoony. (though liar. you had that thing with Nina, Valentine). I will have to say, i want someone to talk to me the way Valentine is talking to Anna. and unlike Ana, i'd be all. googly eyes and be "Shall we go to the Plaza and discuss this with after sex carrot cake oreos and shirley temples, let's goooooo."

Metrocourt Bar
Did Ellie move out because she can't stand Spinelli? Oh, okay, Ellie grew a brain and decided she wants nothing to do with the mob now, and Spinelli (like everyone else) just can't quit Jason. Good for Ellie.  This is disgusting. I feel zero sympathy for you, Spinneli. Go kick rocks. 

Sasha stuff. don't care.  I really hope this baby is a Tock. (not like i wish this meanly, but i think it would be a good storyline, and honestly we don't need more Corinthii babies). This is just dumb. Cyrus is a bad guy,  AND SO IS JASON AND SONNY. god. if i were rich, I'd pay people to stop with two face talking. And Sasha no they don't put the safety of their family before anything. Go to the graveyard and see the people their "love" protected.

BLQ + Nina
teeheee... "Yes Miss BLQ." I love Yuri. 

Okay Nina slow your roll here. You have no ground here.  You are sitting on a gold mine of a secret and won't say anything because you are all getting all ooey gooey over Mike so shut up. 

hahaha Charlotte falling in love with Bailey? Like I believe that. 

Well other than getting all nice and gooey about Valentine's swoony attempt with Anna blegh blegh episode.

• Love 7
(edited)

So Spinelli values himself more as a part of the bizness than he values his relationship - good for Ellie for leaving him.  I guess this is a set-up for Spinelli and Maxie to get back together after KSt. returns from medical leave? UGH. I feel bad for Georgie that her dad decided not to put her family life first because of his Jason addiction, and her birth mother/occasional active mother only decides to take her along with her brother to visit family because her daddy doesn't want her to watch Ellie move out. 

I did, however, laugh at Jason's pained, depressed look when Spinelli said the marriage makes sense, called them soulmates, and tried to toast him.  Also "Unlike you??!" when Carly called Joey Novak a hothead.

I hope that "Mike" being back to dyed black hair means the NF storyline is wrapping up. It looks like Valentin recognizes Phyllis's name.

They're really pushing this new Metrocourt pool set as the place to be for the summer - a half dozen characters hanging out there or wanting to go there. Brando looks ridiculous in those swim trunks. I love how Portia's eyeshadow is color coordinated with her bikini, lol. Hey TJ, again, Brando kept the secret because your now "domestic partner" asked him to. How big of you to let go of your grudge against Brando!

Sasha is showing more sense than she did with Michael. I know, low bar. 

Pretty, pretty please make Carly go back to the pool - I want Gladys to shove her into the pool in her perfect blue dress!

Also funny: Yuri saying "Miss BLQ" before the door shut to start the scene with Nina.  So much whatevs with Nina. i think she forgot about Charlotte until BL said something.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Why does Gladys want her kid to be in the mob?

I don't think it's about the mob, so much as it's about the money that the mob brings in.  

25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Curtis, respect Portia's decision.

Does he though because this is essentially how the're conversations have been lately:

Portia: I want to be friends

Curtis;  Are you sure?  Because we had that kiss.  And then we might want more than friendship.  Let me know if you want more than friendship.  I'll be right here, waiting to see if you want more than friendship.  Because I could go for than friendship if you wanted more.  

14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It looks like Valentin recognizes Phyllis's name.

I had the opposite reaction, that he didn't recognize her name which confused me, because I thought Nina had introduced them when Phyllis was briefly in town.  

They're clearly teasing us by having Anna and Sonny on opposite sides of the same door, but for once, I would love for them not to stretch out a reveal and just have Anna recognize him tomorrow.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Gladys (who is now blonde,

What, now? Does the actress read this board? I know, I know, filming of this took place waaay before I posted how she guest starred on Cold Case (which I mentioned in the Cast in Other Roles over the weekend) as a blonde! And Constance Towers also guest starred, as well as other General Hospital alumni!

Ahem.

I don't understand why Jaysus doesn't just tell Jar Jar Binks the truth.

Or Jason is worried Jar Jar Binks can't keep his mouth shut.

And seriously, STFU. He had many absurd nick names for Courtney and Sam, and waxed poetic about Jason and Sam as soulmates. Just STOP IT, Dan.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I hope that "Mike" being back to dyed black hair means the NF storyline is wrapping up.

We were let down by that hope once before. 

Until it's proved otherwise, I'm just going to think that Smike was so secretly excited at the prospect of going to the big city that he dyed his hair. 

• LOL 6

I feel sorry for Georgie with Ellie leaving. Ellie has been raising that little girl since she was basically born. And now Georgie is going to lose the only sane parent she has because Spinelli is a fucking irresponsible and reprehensible turd. Why are these criminals having children when they can't even be bothered with them and their well being. 

Spinelli has no personality. Spinelli wants Jason and Fair Samantha to be together because they belong together. Jason and Elizabeth sleep together, so Spinelli thinks that they belong together. Then a couple of months later, when JaSam start circling each other, Spinelli starts in on how they belong together and are soulmates. But wait! We're about to have a change of opinion. Again.  

Good for Sasha for wanting her child not to be part of the Corinthos mob life.

Gladys looks good with her new hairdo (unless the actress was wearing a wig???) but her hard on for everything Corinthos is so goddamn obnoxious.

Curtis went from being one of my favorite characters to me just wanting off him off my screen. Hey, Curtis, she said no. She doesn't want to explore a relationship, she wants things to go back to what they were. What's so hard to understand? 

The pool set is a nice change, but that extra was making a face for a long time while getting into the water. Seemed like it might have been cold or something.

Carly needs to die.

I thought Valentin would recognize Phyllis's name. And now Sonny is starting to remember some things. Please let this storyline wrap up ASAP, but I'd really like it if Sonny arrived in PC after Jason and Carly have been married and they have both been as miserable as I feel whenever they're on screen.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Does he though because this is essentially how the're conversations have been lately:

Portia: I want to be friends

Curtis;  Are you sure?  Because we had that kiss.  And then we might want more than friendship.  Let me know if you want more than friendship.  I'll be right here, waiting to see if you want more than friendship.  Because I could go for than friendship if you wanted more.  

that's what i mean. like. hell even if you want to be with her - just seduce her and woo her while being friends. Show her that she's not a rebound. Let her be the one to make the next move. all he looks like is some pathetic whiny baby and that's zero attractive

re: brando. 
well. all I see is Gladys pushing, them putting Brando in and Brando becoming like Justus. aka: dead. 

Also Sasha shut up. if Michael knocked you up your kid would have been the kid of mob's kid which would make it even more of a target.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sasha stuff. don't care.  I really hope this baby is a Tock. (not like i wish this meanly, but i think it would be a good storyline, and honestly we don't need more Corinthii babies).

We don't need ANY more babies. We haven't needed the last three.

12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly needs to die.

Evergreen.

• Love 6

I wish this show would pick a lane about the mob, or at least be consistent in the same episode. One minute Spinelli is saying that working for the mob gives him life and he's will to sacrifice his marriage for it, and the next Sasha is saying that she would be with Brandon except he's tied to the mob.

Jason's face when Spinelli said that he and Carly was perfect together (or something like that) was a thing of beauty. Kudos to SBu if intentional.

That ER department in a major hospital looks like it's in some building's basement. If I walked in there to see a doctor, I'd walk straight out.

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Also Sasha shut up. if Michael knocked you up your kid would have been the kid of mob's kid which would make it even more of a target.

Hypocrisy, thy name is GH.

12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Honestly, this is the most childish storyline I can remember seeing. Violet would be ashamed.

3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Emily was dead and it's very hard for women to have children they don't know about.

Unless you're Victoria on OLTL.

15 hours ago, Daisy said:

I would buy what you were saying - but why not get to know your family before you start taking them to court and fighting for something you don't really have any claim to?

Maybe he did and that's why he's heading straight to court.  I can't think of a single person in that family other than possibly Monica who would welcome him.

I'm not a lawyer so it's easier for me to think outside the law. But if the previously unknown illegitimate son of a previously unknown illegitimate grandson gets shares (which he then gives to a cult), I would feel that I should get a share too if only for how incompetently run that company is

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

but I'd really like it if Sonny arrived in PC after Jason and Carly have been married and they have both been as miserable as I feel whenever they're on screen.

And SheBeast's dreams of being Jason's wife would be shattered. Because it hasn't even been a year, so her "marriage" to Jaysus would be null and void.

And I still want her to see him appear and mack on Nina as icing on the cake.

What?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And SheBeast's dreams of being Jason's wife would be shattered. Because it hasn't even been a year, so her "marriage" to Jaysus would be null and void.

And I still want her to see him appear and mack on Nina as icing on the cake.

What?

if he's declared dead, does it matter? 

Delurking to ask if any other longtime ABC soap viewers picked up on Valentin’s comment about the noise from the next room at the bar being “some woman named Maeve leading a bunch of people singing ‘Oh Danny Boy’”. Ryan’s Hope shoutout! That was…unexpected. 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

if he's declared dead, does it matter? 

Carly is going back to Sonny eventually, so the MOC is even more pointless. There won't be any real angst for Jason, certainly. (He'll probably be relieved.)

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Wamboyil said:

Delurking to ask if any other longtime ABC soap viewers picked up on Valentin’s comment about the noise from the next room at the bar being “some woman named Maeve leading a bunch of people singing ‘Oh Danny Boy’”. Ryan’s Hope shoutout! That was…unexpected. 

I couldn't remember if it was in New York City but yes, that's what I thought.

• Love 3
(edited)

Portia looked so cute at the pool. I kind of like that tptb are introducing some new sets.

So no more Ellie. That’s sad for Georgie as Ellie has been a second mother figure to her since birth.  Dear lord does that mean Spinelli will be getting another love interest?  I mean he’s not on that much so it wouldn’t be that big of a deal to just keep Ellie off screen forever. Maybe they will pair him with Maxie again. I have to admit even though Spinelli can be all sorts of annoying he has stepped up and been a good dad, at the very least he’s been present which is more than can be said for Maxie.

Maxies face was hilarious when Spin dared suggest she take both kids to Texas. She was like “shit I gotta take them BOTH…I mean yeah I’ll love that!”  But we are supposed to believe she is just losing her mind at being away from Louise. Ok then. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The actor's only 21.  And Marcus Coloma is 42, so this parent/child age difference is actually better than most on the show. 

Yes, I know. I’m used to the parents being nearly the same age as the kids. It’s been going on forever. Heck! I remember when Jed Allan was playing Edward Quartermaine to Stuart Damon’s Allan and they were only 2 years apart. I guess I’m more saying that MC looked too young to play Nikolas to begin with and then you hire an actor to play his son who looks too old and is taller than him. I know biologically it’s very possible but I just think they should have gone (possibly) with an 18 year old who’s more in line with Eden McCoy, William Lipton & Sydney Mikayla. IMO! Time will tell if he’s up to the task. I also think it was somewhat funny when young Spencer (NB) spoke in formal tones but it sounds weird with the new actor saying them. 

• Love 1

Oh, FFS. Do we really have to have yet another man pooh-pooh medical care? And yeah, the set for that ER is grim. They didn't do much to redress the PCPD jail/basement.

The Gladys actor does look good with blonde hair, though I don't think her natural brunette was unflattering. It's creepy how much time Gladys wants to spend with Brando, and it's creepy that he lets her. Boundaries are good, people! 

Carly's dress was fantastic.

LOL at Nina's judginess toward BLQ. I don't think not telling Valentin what was going on at first was wrong. His dealings with Peter weren't always about taking Peter down. I'd have been wary to let him in on the plan.

What sort of accent is Joey Novak supposed to have? It seesawed between sort-of Brooklyn and sort-of Slavic, and both were bad.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly's dress was fantastic.

Carly looked great today, hair and dress. At first I didn't recognize Gladys with her different hair, I guess she is really charging up at storm at the Metro Court beauty salon. All the guys looked comfortable in the pool scene but Portia looked so uncomfortable or maybe its because she knew she had to discuss the kiss yet again with Curtis.

• Love 2

STFU, NINAAAAA!

Good Grief with the Joey Novak. First, Jason didn’t get the jump on you-your ass was threatening Jar Jar Binks and Jaysus took you outside and beat the shit out of you.

Wonder if his uncle will find out? Not that I care. It’s sooo stoopid.

Yeah, the one thing I always do when I’m going to the pool is put make-up on and lay out while said make-up is on my face. 🙄🙄🙄 I get it-Portia looks great,  but for the pool? And that pool looked like it was INSIDE!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Wamboyil said:

I completely missed that.. I heard the line about a Dublin bar and Danny Boy but not the Maeve line. I loved Ryan’s Hope! At least in the first couple of years before it became stupid. I lived for Maeve and John!

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wish this show would pick a lane about the mob, or at least be consistent in the same episode. One minute Spinelli is saying that working for the mob gives him life and he's will to sacrifice his marriage for it, and the next Sasha is saying that she would be with Brandon except he's tied to the mob.

Weren't Ellie and Spinelli a couple living together, not married? I can't ever recall him referring to Ellie as his "betrothed" or any reference to a wedding, even in a court house.  Spinelli lived for doing whatever Jason needed, until Jason "died" and he fell in love with Ellie and little Georgie came into the picture.

Sasha is a career woman and expectant mother; her adult years have not been defined by Sonny and Jason's business so far and she's actually thinking, hey I'm concerned about Brando's intentions about associating with his cousin's family and danger to my child. It makes me wonder, did Michael ever acknowledge to Sasha that when he was a tween he got shot in the head and went into a coma because he was standing near Sonny in a warehouse? She didn't mention it to Maxie.

6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

So no more Ellie. That’s sad for Georgie as Ellie has been a second mother figure to her since birth.  Dear lord does that mean Spinelli will be getting another love interest?  I mean he’s not on that much so it wouldn’t be that big of a deal to just keep Ellie off screen forever. Maybe they will pair him with Maxie again. I have to admit even though Spinelli can be all sorts of annoying he has stepped up and been a good dad, at the very least he’s been present which is more than can be said for Maxie.

Maxies face was hilarious when Spin dared suggest she take both kids to Texas. She was like “shit I gotta take them BOTH…I mean yeah I’ll love that!”  But we are supposed to believe she is just losing her mind at being away from Louise. Ok then. 

As far as I can recall, Ellie has not been seen since Georgie was just starting to walk.  Ellie has been the primary, live-in mother to Georgie since Spinelli won custody when Georgie was a baby. Though Maxie is "Mommy," she is more in the role of fun aunt. She has been comfortable and happy to have Ellie do all the heavy lifting of motherhood for Georgie. When she asked Spinelli if he would like her to "talk some sense into Ellie", I think it was more about a desire to keep Ellie as the daily maternal presence for Georgie, so she wouldn't have to take on more responsibilities as a parent long-term. 

I agree about Maxie's reaction to Spin's desire for her to take both kids with her. She was happy when she was pregnant with James because she was in love with Nathan. She spoke of feeling overwhelmed/not being able to handle it all in a conversation with Anna, when she knew she was pregnant with Louise but hadn't shared the news yet. Then when found out at the Nurse's Ball, Peter told her I'll be by your side so you won't have to worry about balancing career and baby and the kids, so she told Mac and Anna it was "the best" news.

Maxie has been able to depend on Spinelli and Ellie for Georgie's needs,  and on Mac and Felicia to take care of James the majority of the time, except when she asked Spinelli and Ellie to take James too so she could go on her "babymoon." I recall she even suggested to Britt that she could hide baby Lou with Spinelli and Ellie. My reaction was WTH - it is not Ellie's job to raise your children!!  The point is, she has the time to obsess about not being with Louise because nobody has forced her to spend lots of time with her two elder children.

I don't for a moment believe that Maxie wants to do daily parenting for all three kids, especially in that small apartment. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

This pool set is for the locals? Seems like it's for locals not hotel guests.

yeah. it's for the locals...
in the hotel. 

so it would have made more sense for this to be the local country club or even the town pool vs. the M/C pool because - most hotels i know who have pools are for hotel members only. 

• Love 3

Oh and another retcon! When Sasha was with WSLS, and it was revealed that Wiley was his spawn, Sasha explicitly said she wasn’t interested in being a stepmother or mother (can’t recall which one she said) and came up with her LAME BRAIN idea to have him marry Willow instead. But now that the actress is pregnant, why not have her character say she always wanted to be a mother.🙄🙄😒😒😒😒

At least Brando had the line  “The 1950s called and want their…back.” to Gladys about her “provider” crack.  Did Awesome Writer manage to sneak in that line, since this show seems to think it is the 1950s.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh and another retcon! When Sasha was with WSLS, and it was revealed that Wiley was his spawn, Sasha explicitly said she wasn’t interested in being a stepmother or mother (can’t recall which one she said) and came up with her LAME BRAIN idea to have him marry Willow instead. But now that the actress is pregnant, why not have her character say she always wanted to be a mother.🙄🙄😒😒😒😒

Not really a recon.  She said this wasn't her ideal timeline, but now that she actually is pregnant, she's happy.

I just cannot with SuperFlack Spinelli thinking he's such an important cog in the mob machinery that he will sacrifice his relationship for it.  It's too bad Ellie can't sue for custody of Georgie; she's more a parent than her biological parents seem to be.

Gladys looks good with the blonde hair--definitely softens up her features.  Meanwhile, I guess the NYC sightseeing including a men's salon, since Mike is now back to shoe polish black. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Not really a recon.  She said this wasn't her ideal timeline, but now that she actually is pregnant, she's happy.

But it’s using that clichéd trope of women who aren’t interested in being mothers until they become pregnant, then voilà, want to be mommies and are happy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Is Carly only letting pretty, skinny people into her pool? All the men had visible abs, and I did not see one woman who could pinch an inch!

Boo! Don't want to see Valentin chase after dour, mopey Anna. She should be chasing after him!  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But it’s using that clichéd trope of women who aren’t interested in being mothers until they become pregnant, then voilà, want to be mommies and are happy.

I don't really think it is a cliche. a lot of people think they don't want to be mothers - until they are pregnant and they have kids of their own. my aunt was one of those people. And i mean she hated everything about being pregnant (including being pregnant) but she adores her kids (and she loves us) but more than on one occasion she didn't hesitate to point out that she still didn't like kids, and once she had her second kid (which she loathed being pregnant again).  Sometimes you don't know... until you're in that situation. 

I mean. it would be an interesting storyline if she confessed that she actually hated being pregnant, didn't want to be a mother at all, yada yada yada.  - maybe set up for the pregnancy being a tock  - because that would be an amazing storyline right there like she loathes being pregnant, she loses the baby and how she deals with that  - (but it also depends if Sofia channels her inner Sarah Drew (Grey's Anatomy) and wants to play someone who loses her baby and have traumatic things happen to them whilst being pregnant. 

also I don't know.. i mean ... maybe it's just me and I'm really old fashioned (and I own it). but with the 1950's crack by Brando... i don't know. I don't truly have a problem with a man wanting to step up and want to provide for his kid and make life easier for the mother. Yeah. Sasha owns her own business, and she models and what not - but is it so wrong for Brando to want to be part of his kids life, acknowledge that Sasha can probably do it all, but still want give child support, and not have to make Sasha do it all?  For me, there is just way, way too many dead beat fathers on this show who do bare minimum and it just ...it bugs. a lot.  I think it would have just sit better with me, if he had said. something akin to Sasha is more than capable of providing for the baby on her own, but FTR, obviously I'm going to do my fair share and then some. (or something akin to that). 

but again, like i said, I acknowledge the fact that generally, I don't mind having babies on soaps (I don't think this one needs to exist though), and i am rather old-fashion-y in a lot of things. so i can also see why a lot of people would have thought that zinger to be awesome. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I could see Scott/Austin making an issue out of Michael getting ELQ shares. Scott made that strange comment asking Michael why he doesn’t go by Quartermaine when he knows the history. Depending on how the will was worded, Michael might not have been truly eligible. AJ lost his parental rights, Michael was adopted by Sonny and considers himself Sonny’s son more than AJ’s even if he lives with the Qs. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I could see Scott/Austin making an issue out of Michael getting ELQ shares. Scott made that strange comment asking Michael why he doesn’t go by Quartermaine when he knows the history. Depending on how the will was worded, Michael might not have been truly eligible. AJ lost his parental rights, Michael was adopted by Sonny and considers himself Sonny’s son more than AJ’s even if he lives with the Qs. 

honestly - i hope this is the case (I know i was vocal about it). but it is high time Michael gets called out wanting to straddle both sides here. he wants to be a Corinthii, let him be one and strip him from everything Q. 

• Love 8

Gladys with her new hair color looks vaguely (not entirely so don't come at me) like Jodie Foster. She definitely looks younger (15 years at least, according to herself). But her physical appearance is where my love of Gladys ends. She is horrible. Leave your grown kid alone, stop money grubbing, and get a life. You almost died, you'd think you would reflect and be grateful.

It's pretty bad when Jason tells you that you don't have to be involved in the business, that you can still have a life with Ellie, and Spinelli decides that he'd rather be all in. My god, Spinelli. I did think it was interesting that with his past history of love declarations he knew immediately what the situation was with Carly. I didn't peg him for being that aware.

Why is Sonny's twin taking up so much time on my screen? I cannot take much more of this storyline. I don't know how you guys have done it for this long. I'm only a few weeks in.

I like the new pool set but it does not look like it's outdoors. It looks like it's literally inside the hotel. But it's fun to see the outfits and nice to know it won't strictly just be for the teens. That Curtis and Portia storyline has got to go though. Either move forward or end it. Stop having the same ridiculous conversations over and over again.

I'm guessing we won't ever see the "spa" portion of the MetroCourt Hotel Pool and Spa.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

also I don't know.. i mean ... maybe it's just me and I'm really old fashioned (and I own it). but with the 1950's crack by Brando... i don't know. I don't truly have a problem with a man wanting to step up and want to provide for his kid and make life easier for the mother. Yeah. Sasha owns her own business, and she models and what not - but is it so wrong for Brando to want to be part of his kids life, acknowledge that Sasha can probably do it all, but still want give child support, and not have to make Sasha do it all?

Brando was right to call his mother out on her sexism. Gladys was asking, is Sasha not making it clear she wants a relationship and wants you to be an active father because she thinks you're not a good enough provider? He was saying basically "no mother, she's not making a judgement about me based on my income/status. There's no need for her to think that way because she has plenty of money from Deception." My interpretation of his evasive response is that he wants to be with Sasha and be an active parent, but whatever he and Sasha decide is none of his mother's business.  Gladys was simultaneously trying to manipulate Brando to doubt/not trust Sasha and make him think he should work for "da bizness" so he'll have more money and status in Port Charles....which she can then take advantage of as mother of an important man in the Corinthos Organization.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Brando was right to call his mother out on her sexism. Gladys was asking, is Sasha not making it clear she wants a relationship and wants you to be an active father because she thinks you're not a good enough provider? He was saying basically "no mother, she's not making a judgement about me based on my income/status. There's no need for her to think that way because she has plenty of money from Deception." My interpretation of his evasive response is that he wants to be with Sasha and be an active parent, but whatever he and Sasha decide is none of his mother's business.  Gladys was simultaneously trying to get Brando to doubt/not trust Sasha and push him to want to work for "da bizness" so he'll have more money and status in Port Charles....which she can then take advantage of as mother of an important man in the Corinthos Organization.

Okay - thanks for clearing that up for me. :) - (Honestly i wasn't really paying attention during their scenes, so if i missed all of that, that's on me, really). then yah that makes sense. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

yeah. it's for the locals...
in the hotel. 

so it would have made more sense for this to be the local country club or even the town pool vs. the M/C pool because - most hotels i know who have pools are for hotel members only. 

I live in a resort area, and actually worked as a lifeguard at a hotel pool for a while. Locals could buy a pool membership, but it was an outdoor pool, not one in that was in a covered area where you could see the outdoors but not be in it. 

The issue could easily be solved with a comment about welcoming the whole town to the new facility or having someone mention the great price of the pool and spa memberships. Otherwise, no. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I guess I’m more saying that MC looked too young to play Nikolas to begin with and then you hire an actor to play his son who looks too old and is taller than him.

I think it's all just about what we're acclimated to. MC looks great for a man in his forties, which is a good thing in his line of work, and he's taken over a role most associated with an actor who isn't much older but hasn't taken the best care of himself. I hate to go there, but it's certainly well documented.  

If Liz had been played for a long time by a woman who was in her forties and looked every bit of it, and then one day the presently 44-year-old Becky Herbst were the recast, people would be saying this new Liz was not believable as the mother of teenagers (BH actually being one in real life wouldn't cut any ice), and that she could be Cam's older sister. But different people do show aging more or less, in Hollywood and in the wider world.  

I like MC's Nik, and so far I'm still okay with NuSpencer. It's always a preliminary judgment until someone has a month or two under his belt.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 10
On 7/12/2021 at 6:06 PM, Daisy said:

I don't know either, but I just feel that this is a way to have Michael/Carly in yet another storyline. I don't know why the Corinthi are involved in this. 

Jimmy Lee was long gone by the time Sonny first appeared.  So it isn’t about that.

• Love 2
On 7/13/2021 at 12:44 PM, dubbel zout said:

She acted like he had no qualification to treat Alexis, probably because it was Austin. She really has a knack for being terrible to people who help her. Ugh, shut up, Sam. 

I have to laugh (ruefully) at all the ELQ mishigoss. All the handwringing over Valentin being CEO (and a damn good one, it seems) yet the Qs can't get it together to decide who will take his place. I know it's for the audience's benefit and we'll be on tenterhooks (ahem), but it does the characters no favors. Michael gassing on about his family was a snore, but at least he remembered he's running Aurora, and maybe adding the CEO title of a multinational corporation isn't such a good idea.

Never going to happen. Doesn't matter who the kid is. Michael will always, always win.

And wouldn’t it figure for Ned and Michael to coordinate ahead of the meeting?  Multi billion dollar corporations are just not run this way.  Don’t even get me started in what these constant turnovers in senior management would do to the company.

• Love 2
On 7/13/2021 at 12:24 PM, Daisy said:

no not yet. they were gonna be all voting and then Scotty showed up and said wait a minute not everyone from the family is here yet! *enter Austin*

I think it was the Assistant Warden that was given Alexis issues?

the same when my mom was going through cancer. I let my mom ask/answer all the questions and when it was done - then I asked my own questions. Sam interjecting the way she did was so stupid. 

It's really like BLQ is ignoring this part. in what world Valentine is gonna be "Oh no baby, no problems?" i guess the argument is Valentine bamboozled the family the first time so now the family has their poo together and can vote him out. like okay he won't be CEO... but he'll still ... own part of ELQ (and as of right now, it doesn't even look like valentine cares about being CEO so... what's the point? - oh yah to have RoHo be Austin Holt i guess)

The fake pregnancy constitutes contract fraud and would cause a judge to immediately void the contract and have any shares revert to Valentin, at a minimum.  Valentin would also have grounds to additionally sue for money damages if he could justify him. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I like MC's Nik, and so far I'm still okay with NuSpencer. It's always a preliminary judgment until someone has a month or two under his belt.

Honestly, I don't think he's bad considering this is his first job. I've seen far worse.

• Love 9
On 7/14/2021 at 7:41 AM, sacrebleu said:

Nina to Maxie: You know I have a troubled history with babies. ( Uh, yeah, like the time you induced Ava's labor and stole the baby, only to name it after your favorite horse!?!?! But sure... Go with 'troubled') 

The ELQ shares thing is just confusing, Valentine got the 50.5% he needed, and if he's given the shares back to BLQ idk what damage Austin can do, unless he's Alan's kid, and laying claim to shares that have already been divvyed up.

But then, I'm still trying to figure out how Nell could sell Valentin Oscar's shares when Shiloh never went to court with the Q's over Oscar's will. 

On 7/14/2021 at 12:19 PM, perkie1968 said:

As much as Nina agreed to keep Maxie's secret, I get the feeling that the next time Nina sees Valentin bonding with the baby, she'll have a hard time not telling him the truth.  To spare his feelings.  

Especially seeing as Steve Bond is still very much alive and looking good for his age.  Athough I just read an article that says he wasn't happy that his character ended up with Charity since he would have preferred Jimmy Lee end up with Celia.  So maybe he wasn't interested in coming back to PC.  

Edward died in 2012, how can they possibly claim that he was not of sound mind.  It's been 9 years.  Also, it's been 9 years, why hasn't Austin shown up before now.  I actually don't mind the story so much, but I just don't like RoHo in the role.  

And when he was going on about how he would help pay for the treatment.  With what? Monopoly money?  Or is he going to win another poker game.  So stupid and a storyline that literally NO ONE cares about.  There is no one online that likes the Nixon Falls story.  Sonny haters hate it, Sonny lovers want him back home with Carly.  BLECH!!

Bringing Celia back would be a good move too.  I liked her back in the day.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, driver18 said:

He's doing this for HIS FATHER who he probably heard talk about how he was kicked out of the family his whole life. His father who Edward tried to deny in the first place until he finally was forced to acknowledge. Edward forgave so many shitty things, and yet he disinherited Jimmy Lee for reasons no one can even remember so it was likely a pretty damn petty one.

So, sure, yeah, Edward was in his rights to, but Austin feels crappy for his father. So he's fighting for the rights in his father's memory. Tracy was going to let her father die but she got something (ok, it was just the pickle relish, but still, she made money out of that... Edward left her something!). Jason turned his back on the family for years and is STILL a hitman, but he still got to keep shares. Michael won't even use the family name, but keeps the name of a mafia lord, committed murder and went to prison (although we know the reasons). So many family members have done awful things. Yet they keep shares.

So Austin's interest in Michael and Jason makes perfect sense now. Edward had no problem with these two having shares, yet, Jimmy Lee can't? Austin clearly loved his father. It does appear as if he's fighting for his father's legacy as a Quartermaine.

And I love that juciy Quartermaine fight that's coming.

I distinctly recall that there was a storyline where Jimmy Lee found a way to sue the Quartermaines and got $20 million of Edwards’s money.  So I’m guessing Edward decided that Jimmy Lee already got his inheritance back in the 80’s.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Suicidy said:

And wouldn’t it figure for Ned and Michael to coordinate ahead of the meeting?  Multi billion dollar corporations are just not run this way.  Don’t even get me started in what these constant turnovers in senior management would do to the company.

It drives me crazy the way they write ELQ like a clown company. I'm on the board of a small non-profit, not a multibillion dollar international company like ELQ but we have recorded reports from every committee meeting much less the Board meeting and plans are circulated ahead of time along with information so that people know what they're voting on.

The only person in that Quartermaine living room halfway competent was Valentin which makes me even more not want to root for Ned or Michael. Especially Michael who may not have told the family his decision until the middle of the meeting if Valentin hadn't goaded him before.

8 hours ago, Suicidy said:

The fake pregnancy constitutes contract fraud and would cause a judge to immediately void the contract and have any shares revert to Valentin, at a minimum.  Valentin would also have grounds to additionally sue for money damages if he could justify him. 

Which suggests that Brook Lynn should tell him now so that she could at least argue that he knew about the deception for X months and didn't do anything about it.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

The only person in that Quartermaine living room halfway competent was Valentin which makes me even more not want to root for Ned or Michael. Especially Michael who may not have told the family his decision until the middle of the meeting if Valentin hadn't goaded him before.

They write these "board meetings" as if it's Thanksgiving at the Q's, complete with wacky mayhem.  It's so ridiculous.  At this point, I'll root for Austin to get his shares and Valentin to take over (after he finds out BLQ's lie), because at least it will be something different and I'll get to enjoy Michael's constipated "I'm annoyed" face.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 5