Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Though...Britt, sweetie, why are you putting money in Carly's pocket by patronizing the pool?

Because she's living at the hotel?

10 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I will never forget the live episode that literally ended with Nicholas Betchel just running around a room because they had finished the dialogue and just thought it'd be adorable to have the little prince run around his kingdom. That kid was LOVED by the Powers That Be.

I will never understand what they saw in this twerpy, marblemushmouth, precocious brat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
41 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Me: Message received, Jordan, back off-screen Molly and TJ go!  

Thank you, soap gods! I wish they'd do the same with Michael and Willow and shove their no good asses off-screen too. Molly and TJ as boring AF. And there are no words to describe Willow and Michael, the mayo tub of couples.

Am I supposed to feel bad for them? Should I be shedding tears? Should I be cursing Chase for keeping these two asshats apart. I love only you, Michael. Great, Willow, now put your big girl pants on and tell the fucking truth. Thanks!

I was gonna say that Spencer's wardrobe thus far has been very European looking, then I remembered hipster Williamsburg and the avocado toast and changed my mind. 

Spencer seems especially proud with his roach stunt.

I didn't mind Aunt Stella tearing into Shawn. Yes, Shawn should be sitting in a jail cell, not having the most expensive cut of beef and a glass of wine at Chez Carly.

So Brando is very clearly dumb. He's not very intelligent, is he? It's not like Sasha was speaking in code. I thought what she said was very clear.

And boohoo, Spinelli. And also fuck you and the cow you rode on. You actively chose Jason and the mob over Ellie and the daughter you were raising with her. Go and drown yourself in a vat of Jasons or something.

Curtis in a suit, yes please. Curtis moping around because of Portia, no thanks. And ditto for her. I'm over the couple that's not a couple yet.

Sasha straight up lying to Chase all the while scolding him was just too much. The people Chase considers his friends are not his friends.

I officially dislike Terri. Isn't there more that they can do with the character other than trotting her out for Pride month and to gossip about this and that. She was annoying AF with her whole, lets go the the Savoy blah blah blah okay, spill. No storyline, the CoS "storyline" is a total non event. 

In case anyone is keeping score. I loathe still loathe Michael and Willow.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 9
(edited)

I can't decide which line I found more stupendously laughable/self-important because TPTB clearly believe it to be true:

Spinelli: "My particular skill set is invaluable to my ~friends."

or

Michael to Willow: "We all know what you're sacrificing being married to Chase."

I hate them both.

Gotta love Jordan having the time to celebrate with Mob-Flunky Ex, but no time for Nikolas asking an actual question involving a case.  Sorry it's too much trouble for you to do your job, Eyebrows. 

Ava won't hold it against her, but I don't know why Trina didn't tell her that Victor was actually Spencer. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I will never understand what they saw in this twerpy, marblemushmouth, precocious brat.

55 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I will never forget the live episode that literally ended with Nicholas Betchel just running around a room because they had finished the dialogue and just thought it'd be adorable to have the little prince run around his kingdom. That kid was LOVED by the Powers That Be.

I will admit that the first time (I think) that he appeared, I thought it was funny -- he had on a kiddie version of a smoking jacket and was doing every stereotypical thing an onscreen lecher would do to telegraph his intentions to the audience.  Then TPTB just wouldn't let that cartoonish behavior go, and it tainted what could have been a more believeable bratty, out of control character. 

I'll go sit in the corner now. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Ava won't hold it against her, but I don't know why Trina didn't tell her that Victor was actually Spencer. 

Because she had already told Ava that she met Victor on the night of her graduation party (same night as the Gallery got damaged with the fake blood).

Spencer doesn't want anyone to know that he was in town for a week especially as his father and the cops are looking for the culprit and they have stupidily ignored the fact that Spencer doesn't want Ava married to his father.

• Love 2
On 7/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, nilyank said:

I know that my mind wanders when we are in Nixon Falls but wasn't Lenny a veteran? Also wouldn't Phyllis have Lenny on her health coverage as she is still a nurse and should get some kind of medical coverage with her job.

Yeah, none of it makes any sense.  The writers must not care about getting details right so stories make sense.  No one is this stupid.

• Love 2
On 7/20/2021 at 8:50 AM, Sake614 said:

What kind of cheap ass hotel is Carly running that she can’t afford cushions for those pool chairs? There isn’t a chance in hell I’m lying on that wood chair for hours at a time.  And I guess Joss is supposed to be sexy now that she’s ‘dating Cam, but could that bikini top maybe cover just a little bit more of her? She legit looked like she was going to fall out of it any minute. 

By contrast, I liked Trina’s swimsuit.  

is it too much to hope that Nik is at least a little suspicious of Spencer knowing about the roach? He seemed to buy a clue yesterday, so I really don’t want it  swept under the rug. 

Speaking of spencer, oh joy, he showed up at the pool and called Cam and Joss townies. Now that they’re grown, can one of them please dump him in the pool? The actor is cute but the character is still an ass.

Joss almost spilling out of her bikini is the entire point of these scenes.  The pool setting is an opportunity to show some skin.  And I’m pretty sure sure all 18 or older at this point.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, mason86 said:

does anyone think think they'll bring back nicolas bechel when he's older? he won't look like a teen forever

No. That’s why they recast the character.

8 minutes ago, mason86 said:

i wonder if emma will be SORASED. I Can't imagine them not wanting to explore her character at some point. 

Doubtful. She made an appearance two years ago and it was the same actress. With her parents offscreen, why would they bother? Plus, Robin and Patrick are good parents-no reason for her to come to Port Charles. 

• Love 4
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Doubtful. She made an appearance two years ago and it was the same actress. With her parents offscreen, why would they bother? Plus, Robin and Patrick are good parents-no reason for her to come to Port Charles. 

well if she's an adult she wouldn't really need them much.

And my point was NB might change in looks as he ages. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh Hannah, what a mess.

And that's a good point as the schemer in the Maxie/Lucas/Georgie/Dillon era was Sage, who was also not good.

But these teens are just so boring, particularly Perfect Princess Joss.  Everyone thought they were too horny, but the best it's been done in years was Dani/Matthew/Destiny/Jeffrey on PP OLTL. 

Real teens are horny.  Soaps are incredibly unrealistic in this regard.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

i missed the last two days of show. (I was in the hospital) - anything worth catching up on in particular?

Hope you're okay. And no, you didn't miss a thing. Literally, nothing happened.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She could come to attend PCU. 

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, rur said:

I will admit that the first time (I think) that he appeared, I thought it was funny -- he had on a kiddie version of a smoking jacket and was doing every stereotypical thing an onscreen lecher would do to telegraph his intentions to the audience.  Then TPTB just wouldn't let that cartoonish behavior go, and it tainted what could have been a more believeable bratty, out of control character. 

I'll go sit in the corner now. 

I thought it was funny, too, but then it just kept going and Emma and Cam got engulfed in the weirdness of Spencer's machinations. I think it just hit peak ridiculous with the Phantom of the Spencer storyline. Which I really am praying that Frank can hold himself back enough to NOT try something like that with Young Adult Spencer. I don't think even Jonathan Jackson or Tyler Christopher in their prime could have pulled off something like that.

2 hours ago, mason86 said:

well if she's an adult she wouldn't really need them much.

And my point was NB might change in looks as he ages. 

It's possible but NB is going to need to hit a minimum height of like 5'7" (Tom Cruise's height) to have any hope. A lot of male child actors get cast because they're cute and little, but when they're too old to play kid parts, they can't play adult male leads due to the height thing. See: Miko Hughes and Jonathan Taylor Thomas.  I also think it's hampering Dave Franco, who DOES have a leading man's face but his 5'5" height holds him back.

It is kind of hysterical that they decided to go with a Spencer that towers over a lot of the cast. LOL.

3 hours ago, mason86 said:

does anyone think think they'll bring back nicolas bechel when he's older? he won't look like a teen forever

I don't think so. I think he'll just be the new Dylan Cash: a child actor who got more screen time and storyline than most and is remembered by fans (fondly by some, not fondly by others). It remains to be seen whether he'll even make a career of acting as an adult. The Jodie Fosters of the world are really the exceptions that prove the rule. 

But I did like NB more than I ever liked Dylan Cash. I thought he was cute and at least an energetic actor. They encouraged him to ham it up too much, but that's TV. They're making the same mistake with Violet now.

• Love 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I thought it was funny, too, but then it just kept going and Emma and Cam got engulfed in the weirdness of Spencer's machinations. I think it just hit peak ridiculous with the Phantom of the Spencer storyline. Which I really am praying that Frank can hold himself back enough to NOT try something like that with Young Adult Spencer. I don't think even Jonathan Jackson or Tyler Christopher in their prime could have pulled off something like that.

It's possible but NB is going to need to hit a minimum height of like 5'7" (Tom Cruise's height) to have any hope. A lot of male child actors get cast because they're cute and little, but when they're too old to play kid parts, they can't play adult male leads due to the height thing. See: Miko Hughes and Jonathan Taylor Thomas.  I also think it's hampering Dave Franco, who DOES have a leading man's face but his 5'5" height holds him back.

It is kind of hysterical that they decided to go with a Spencer that towers over a lot of the cast. LOL.

His bio says he's 5' 8" https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5699931/

and i thought it was more of him looking young than his overall height but maybe i'm wrong.

Edited by mason86
2 minutes ago, mason86 said:

His bio says he's 5' 8" https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5699931/

I really don't believe that number (and if you peep his Instagram you'll notice that he's carefully curating his pictures so you can't see how tall he is) but maybe it was something other than the height thing, then. I guess we're just going to go with the "He still looks 13" route.

So of course they went the other way with the new Spencer. (I don't think he looks THAT old, but whatever.) 

NB honestly seems like he'll be fine, though. He's in the Disney Orbit and he can still believably play junior high. He'll probably pop up in something else in like a "Gordo on Lizzie Mcguire" type role or something.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I really don't believe that number (and if you peep his Instagram you'll notice that he's carefully curating his pictures so you can't see how tall he is) but maybe it was something other than the height thing, then. I guess we're just going to go with the "He still looks 13" route.

So of course they went the other way with the new Spencer. (I don't think he looks THAT old, but whatever.) 

NB honestly seems like he'll be fine, though. He's in the Disney Orbit and he can still believably play junior high. He'll probably pop up in something else in like a "Gordo on Lizzie Mcguire" type role or something.

yeah i think it was more him still looking like a teenager than the other kids but i could be wrong. 

Edited by mason86

I was confused by what time it was yesterday. The Savoy was having it's big opening, but it's daylight. I know it can stay light until 9 during summer, but Trina and Ava were drinking coffees in the park, Chase was in PT, Willow was just out of nursing school but Shawn was eating dinner. 

Did the club open at 5?? 

Also, shallow note. It was nice to see Trina and Ava drinking ice coffee given it's summer. I know the go-to prop is a coffee cup, and it's easier for continuity reasons, but ice coffee made more sense. 

So, I guess I'm just focusing on minutiae today. 😁

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

She could come to attend PCU.

She could. And assuming a strong recast and a firm, vivid character vision, I'd be for it. But I don't assume that, given how bland and vanilla...well, pretty much everyone on this show is. So what's the point? It's true that the teen scene needs expanding, but it's also true that they need a scheming troublemaker (though Spencer qualifies, I suppose) and I doubt making Emma the bad girl would go down well with the audience, who mostly cares about her because of her parents. Bad Girl Schemers almost always have mommy and/or daddy issues and no one is going to appreciate offscreen Robin (and Patrick) being vilified to facilitate a teen's story.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Gotta love Jordan having the time to celebrate with Mob-Flunky Ex, but no time for Nikolas asking an actual question involving a case.  Sorry it's too much trouble for you to do your job, Eyebrows. 

I was on Jordan's side here. Nik barges into her conversation and insists she act now—NOW!—about the stalker. What exactly is she supposed to do? They've talked to everyone. And the audience knows he barged in because she and Shawn were talking about who shot Hayden. Heh. 

13 hours ago, rur said:

I will admit that the first time (I think) that he appeared, I thought it was funny -- he had on a kiddie version of a smoking jacket and was doing every stereotypical thing an onscreen lecher would do to telegraph his intentions to the audience.

I thought that was so gross and inappropriate. And they doubled down on it when Spencer hired showgirls for one of his birthday parties. Thank Jasus someone eventually put the stop to all of that crap. I don't need to watch a 6-year-old budding sexual harasser, thanks.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

and I doubt making Emma the bad girl would go down well with the audience, who mostly cares about her because of her parents. Bad Girl Schemers almost always have mommy and/or daddy issues and no one is going to appreciate offscreen Robin (and Patrick) being vilified to facilitate a teen's story.

I know THIS fan of Robin and Patrick (moreso a fan of Robin since she was wee) would definitely HATE IT. Robin has been through more than enough; shit upon by the current regime more than enough. Let her have her happy family, thankyouverymooch.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

So, I guess I'm just focusing on minutiae today. 😁

Speaking of minutiae, and going back an episode, that t-ball bat was far too large for Violet. It looked like a regular baseball bat. Couldn't they have found a kid's bat for her?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I was on Jordan's side here. Nik barges into her conversation and insists she act now—NOW!—about the stalker. What exactly is she supposed to do? They've talked to everyone. And the audience knows he barged in because she and Shawn were talking about who shot Hayden. Heh. 

True, but the PCPD hasn't shown any real concern over this stalker from the beginning.  Dante basically shrugged it off and was like "eh, just break up and it'll probably stop."  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know THIS fan of Robin and Patrick (moreso a fan of Robin since she was wee) would definitely HATE IT. Robin has been through more than enough; shit upon by the current regime more than enough. Let her have her happy family, thankyouverymooch.

Lila Chandler Quartermaine Alcazer would be a better candidate, since her dad is dead, a mobster and she is being raised by a single mother. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Stella is being a busybody pushing in to Curtis' relationships but Curtis and Portia having the same damn conversation over and over is soooo boring. Whitney really sold Portia's reluctance today but I'm so over Curtis and his creepy pursuit of Portia.

I know that it's a soap and supposed to be 'love in the afternoon' but I'm really tired of this endless talk of stalled non-relationships.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Did you know that Finn killed Peter and has a guilty conscience over it.  Yep.  Also water is wet and pretzels are dry unless dipped in chocolate.  

Also Dante likes Sam and yogurt pretzels are good too.

I hope that Anna is finally buying a clue about Finn's involvement with Peter.

I really like Brook Lynn's friendship scenes today with Valentin and Chase.

50 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

That playful vibe seemed like it could possibly turn to a crush on Spencer's side. He definitely has her on a pedestal; it looked to me like he was about to flirt.

I think I'd like that better than Spencer trying to snow Trina.

Trivia:

During the ritual of ancient covenant making, the two parties involved would divide an animal in half, and stand together in the blood, with their right hands clasp, and swear a mutual oath binding them to each other. In some cases, each party would cut their respective hands, bind them together with the other party, allowing their blood to mingle. The resulting union of this blood oath was never to be broken. In effect, the two participants in the covenant would become "blood brothers," and thus become one flesh.

The relationship born of this union was so knit, that brothers made through the blood of covenants were closer to each other than brothers who were born from the same womb. Hence, blood (of the covenant) is thicker than water (of the womb).

Sam used the phrase incorrectly, the blood bond with Jason is stronger than the water bond with Brando.

• Love 2
(edited)

Poor Sasha and those swollen ankles. Been there. It’s so painful. 

Oh great and there’s another flashback of the dead eye Sam/Dante kiss. Dante deserves so much better and Dominic  deserves a better acting partner. What’s weird is that they also flashed back to when Dante almost killed Heinrick and KeMo actually had a little spark of life. What is going on with her??

I really like both Curtis and Portia (especially Curtis in that suit wowzers) so I’m hoping they either get together or just be done with it at this point. It’s enough. And butt out Aunt Stella!!  Although I didn’t mind her laying into Shawn at all. And oh look he’s not even out of the clink 24 hrs and already making shady phone calls to unknown entities. Wonderful. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Lila Chandler Quartermaine Alcazer would be a better candidate, since her dad is dead, a mobster and she is being raised by a single mother. 

Agree. And to round out the age group; Spencer starts mentioning to Trina (or whoever), in vague terms, his glamorous European ex he met at boarding school and, of course, Glamorous European Ex shows up in Port Charles and is...Alec Barrett, son of Brenda.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

What’s weird is that they also flashed back to when Dante almost killed Heinrick and KeMo actually had a little spark of life. What is going on with her??

I kind of thought she had more of a spark today too. Probably in the minority on that. She had some funny facial expressions though. They work better when they are written as friends ragging on each other than that weird as hell whatever it was they were trying to do.

Another semi-boring episode. Wake me up when something actually happens.

• Love 2

"Sam that rhymes with spam", green eggs with ham, ya that's what we all think of you too Sam! 

Why would Olivia need to update Sam on the Quartermaine family drama, I guess because Danny practically lives there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Blackie said:

"Sam that rhymes with spam", green eggs with ham, ya that's what we all think of you too Sam! 

Spam is a nickname that Sam has had online for a long time. I think it goes back to the SoS.

Gladys should go and drown herself in the pool or in a tall glass of STFU. What's her deal with wanting Brando working with the mob so badly?

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She thinks it will make him rich, and so by extension she will also be rich. It's so dumb.

More likely it'll make him a corpse. Christ, Gladys, leave Brando alone and look into online Ponzi schemes if you're so hot to make money illegally. Sell acai juice!

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Did you know that Finn killed Peter and has a guilty conscience over it.  Yep.  Also water is wet and pretzels are dry unless dipped in chocolate.  

Just mulch him already!

20 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Michael to Willow: "We all know what you're sacrificing being married to Chase."

Whenever I see Michael and Willow

5hby2p.gif.fa44bc82c35d13e8f56295a52bed9145.gif

Edited by Lugal
  • Love 3

Stella, just because you believe in "til death do us part" doesn't mean it's going to happen. Other people's relationships are none of your business, no matter how you're related to them. Ugh, I hate her in meddle mode. She's so unpleasant.

Yes, Sam, Dante regrets he kissed you. OMG. I cannot listen to anyone talk about a stupid kiss for one more second.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I cannot listen to anyone talk about a stupid kiss for one more second.

It's so tiresome to watch grown adults obsess like this. The writers are stuck in junior high. Even high school kids are like, "it's just a fucking kiss, calm down."

• Love 9
22 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

One of the worst things I ever saw on this show. And that was before Bechtel learned to act, too.

When did Spencer turn on Ava? Last time I took a look at things with that sphere I could swear I remember them getting along and the show using Bechtel's Spencer as a prop for her when Nikolas came back from the dead; Ava was trying to get the two to reconnect.

Why was my post deleted?  if I offended someone, I apologize. I have edited the part about Terry, to be more clear.  (What I wrote was intended to be a criticism of the Show, not of being trans.)

The show is capable of it - Spinelli just called Ellie his "partner" in the conversation with Brando, and said they had been together 9 years.  So he and Ellie definitely never got married.  He threw away a stable, happy home life (Georgie will be 8 years old soon) for Jason. UGH. 

23 HOURS AGO, STATSGIRL SAID:
The Spencer/Britt scenes were cute but I'm not enjoying Spencer manipulating people

Spencer is a manipulator.  One of the very few times he seems genuine is when he's talking to Britt.

22 HOURS AGO, TEEVEE329 SAID:
Backing up to yesterday...

Trina: Who's this annoying Spencer you guys are talking about?

Cameron: He's an old friend, friend might be stretching it.

Me: ...he's your cousin, which you know since you referred to your in-common grandma earlier in the episode.

That would just confuse Trina.  Cam, Joss and Spencer all know that Spencer and Cam aren't actually related.  Although he could have said. "He's an old friend, friend might be stretching it, actually he is Aiden's cousin."
The show is trying to have it both ways - Cam thinks of Laura, Lucky's mother, as "Grandma" while never, ever acknowledging that he called Lucky "Daddy" as a young child. Instead, Cam visited the grave of his bio father and acts like he has never known Lucky.

19 HOURS AGO, TVBITCH SAID:
I assume Chase being able to stand (for Willow!) signals the beginning of the offensive upcoming story line wherein he pretends he can't use his legs to keep Willow.

I assume it's a set-up for Chase to surprise Willow but he is the one who gets surprised, witnessing Willow and Michael in a moment when they just can't resist each other (but they don't see him). GAG.

18 HOURS AGO, TEEVEE329 SAID:
The Britt/Spencer scenes were cute, I liked that they could be playful with each other, but that Britt was still able to give him some decent, mature advice.  And her "...ugh" reaction when Nikolas first showed up was pretty amusing.

That playful vibe seemed like it could possibly turn to a crush on Spencer's side. He definitely has her on a pedestal; it looked to me like he was about to flirt.  I was expecting him to say one-on-one to Nikolas, "hey, if you're not interested, I certainly am." It's not like the Show hasn't gone there in the past. remember Stefan, Katherine, and Nikolas. I don't doubt he is attracted to Trina, but...

17 HOURS AGO, YADDAYADDA SAID:
I officially dislike Terri. Isn't there more that they can do with the character other than trotting her out for Pride month and to gossip about this and that. She was annoying AF with her whole, lets go the the Savoy blah blah blah okay, spill. No storyline, the CoS "storyline" is a total non event. 

Same. According to their first conversation, Terri's only desire to be chief of staff is because she wants trans patients to have better care and Portia praised her for the answer. She's not saying she disgusted that the healthcare system is broke and she wants to improve things for all of the patients at GH, instead of seeing so many preventable deaths.  Now, she's pushing Portia to spill personal gossip like they're old besties and calling Curtis "sexy."  Umm, has Terri ever even seen/met Curtis? Between that and Terri showing off her dress to the bartender, it seems like the Show is using the Terri character to say "Trans matters!! See how "woke" we are?! Do we get a gold star?"  

I get that they want Portia to have a female talk-to who is not Jordan. It should have been Elizabeth (when she's not around Finn).

Addition: They have a background of friendship as medical professionals and parents of teenagers who are friends. I believe Portia would talk to Elizabeth about something personal regarding a man, but I don't believe she would confide in Terri whom she barely knows. 

The lack of organic buildup for relationships or friendships on this Show bugs me.  The Show did this also in the not-too-distant past at the time Willow thought she might be pregnant with Chase's kid, suddenly she and Sasha were "good/best friends."
---

Soo, Gladys is determined to get Brando into Mob life and doesn't want him to be with Sasha even though Brando just told her to her face, with Sasha by his side, what he wants and doesn't want.

Sam, you don't get to be offended because Dante isn't dishing compliments. UGH.  She doesn't deserve him. Dante looks terrific in a collared shirt and a tie!

Aunt Stella needs to shut up. Talk about not respecting Curtis. I don't feel sorry for Jordan witnessing Portia and Curtis kiss. 

Do the Quartermaines have a car service for Chase?

Dare I hope that Anna seems suspicious of Finn and Elizabeth?

• Love 2

God, Sam just really has nothing better to do than get all up in people's faces.  Today Gladys was the recipient of a lecture--which, of course, Olivia rewarded her obnoxiousness by giving her more fuel for the next time she sees Austin.  I can't wait for her to act indignant on behalf of the Qs when girlfriend bartered away voting shares so she could see the lunkhead that didn't want to have anything to do with her.  Shut up, Sam.

• Love 2

What I don't get about Gladys is, Sasha is a spokesmodel who owns a stake in a cosmetics company, why does she act like Sasha is some two-bit nobody scheming to 'land' her garage owning son? 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Spam is a nickname that Sam has had online for a long time. I think it goes back to the SoS.

Gladys should go and drown herself in the pool or in a tall glass of STFU. What's her deal with wanting Brando working with the mob so badly?

It seems like Gladys would be ecstatic that her son is having a baby with a world famous (or so we've been told) model. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I cannot listen to anyone talk about a stupid kiss for one more second.

We had not one, not two, but three kisses being analyzed to death. Utterly absurd. 

3 hours ago, jsbt said:

One of the worst things I ever saw on this show. And that was before Bechtel learned to act, too.

When did Spencer turn on Ava? Last time I took a look at things with that sphere I could swear I remember them getting along and the show using Bechtel's Spencer as a prop for her when Nikolas came back from the dead; Ava was trying to get the two to reconnect.

Ava was going to testify against Valentin for his role in Nikolas' "death" which Spencer was all for, but then Valentin persuaded her to drop her testimony in exchange for a visit to the clinic that was able to restore her face after the fire. The fact that Nikolas turned out to be alive and that he hid that from Spencer for three years hasn't changed the fact that Spencer still has this ridiculous vendetta against Ava. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

What I don't get about Gladys is, Sasha is a spokesmodel who owns a stake in a cosmetics company, why does she act like Sasha is some two-bit nobody scheming to 'land' her garage owning son? 

Because she's an idiot. She thinks Brando, as a cousin of the "late" Sonny, is entitled to be a part of the Corinthos biz and the $ that comes with it. She feels that Brando is a young man who overcame his addiction and has a lot of potential., whereas Brando saved Sasha's life and Sasha is a newly recovering drug addict. Obviously Sasha must need to 'land' Brando in order to stay stable/sober and keep a foothold in the Corinthos fortune. *Eye roll* Gladys doesn't know enough about the business world, products and campaigns to understand that Sasha has no reason to want or need Brando to make a lot of money. 

• Love 6